Shintheory Role-Playing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shintheory Role-Playing

Welcome to the HUB of Shintheory Roleplaying!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

SIC: Reassertion of Manifest Destiny (Prologue, Pt. 1)

Go down 
+6
Pennywise
Rek
Noah
Rune
aѕceпxion
Shintre
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Shintre
Admin
Admin
Shintre

Rep! : 24

SIC: Reassertion of Manifest Destiny (Prologue, Pt. 1) - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: SIC: Reassertion of Manifest Destiny (Prologue, Pt. 1)   SIC: Reassertion of Manifest Destiny (Prologue, Pt. 1) - Page 5 EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 1:47 pm

First topic message reminder :

Reassertion of Manifest Destiny aka Dark Tournament Duex
---
RP Type: SIC (Shin Interactive Campaign)
Level: All
Map: Link

The entire universe was affected by the Second Dawn and the period of Replication. This included beings like The Dark King and Prophet, who were pretty strong when the reset happened. They both had to find unique ways to survive and hold onto their influence without powers. The Dark King had his legions that he commanded. The Prophet had his minions and followers, etc. They were lucky that they weren’t overthrown after turning weak. That’d be a testament to how clever they were and much power they had over their subordinates, etc. For right now, we’re just going to focus on TDK.

With the restart, the Dark King was forced to start from nothing. He was broken down into a shadow of his former self in stature and power. (Like, he literally got smaller!) To understand what he was about to do you’d have to understand his hood! He lived in the Core District (south central), which was dangerous by itself. He had to rebuild his strength. It was true the Core wasn’t as bad as it used to be, but it was still bad. Even though the demon spirits that caused chaos in the Core had lost their power, they still had vast numbers. The constant fighting between them only helped then get stronger: the struggle for life at all times. Consume or be consumed. Just the way Oni’s operated. Thug life.

So he lived in a bad place. The might that had given him the right to rule was gone. He knew he could only BS his power for so long and training was hard, hard and arduous. Instead of going that route, he uses his mental mind to come up with an idea. He would use deception and his wits to gain absolute power!

--

Settlements were popping up everywhere since Replication. People were building like nuts. Inanis was getting all big, Jun’Jo made something out of nothing, Theden was getting its weight up, and NPC people were also making villages, etc. It was a social boom. New spread about a new warrior fort/village named Acura. No one really had a good understanding of when it was created, but ppl starting flocking to it about 2 weeks ago. It was situated to the East of the core at map area O8A near the Central River and rumor had it that it was filled with men who were looking to conquer the core, evict the oni’s and reinhabit it for humans and kamis. News spread through the human settlements about this place. They wanted to gather up as many strong men as possible and then lead the first successful raid into the city. After getting there, the plan was to set up a couple human forts and spread out. The adventurer’s guilds were all in. Hell yeah’s and hoo rah’s all around.

So what did this place look like? It was a mix between old and new Sai City meaning that it was East City mixed with the past realm part of Sai City. When the Time Meld happened, it basically fused together two times, so some buildings would be half concrete and half wood and stone. They’d make it work tho. So even though some of the buildings around it were jacked up, the village of Acura actually didn’t look that bad. The old pavement streets of the city were the roads. Houses and shops were set in the buildings that were on the block. There are new wooden signs pointing where things were and the buildings would be fixed up and maintained so that they weren’t all falling apart and crumbly looking. Prolly the most impressive building was the tavern that was half bar half adventurer’s guild hang out. It was a four story building that used to be a flat with the lobby cleared out as the bar and bedrooms and stuff in the upper floors. A 30 foot log wall surrounded the village like a barricade from the rest of the city. The village is pretty spread out, prolly three or four big city blocks. At night, tall stone fire pillars light up the village like lamps, etc. Ppl who can sense can sense magic all around the village, probably something do to w/the fortification and town defense.

A hail goes across the land! Acura sends out a call to the major villages to send participants for the Core Raid. In the meantime, they decide to hold a fighting tournament a week before the raid. That way they could choose captains for the raid. The way it works out is that someone who ranked in the tournament would have free reign over leading a group. The area they conquered would be theirs to keep and they’d have the backing of the other groups. B/c they were estimating 5 armies, needing 5 captains, they would choose the top 5 in the tournament to be the leaders.

So there it is. The news would go out about the raid and the tournament. The tournament would be first. The saga action picks up (for the members) the night before the tournament. The saga begins (for the moderator) the day of the tournament. Members have a choice in joining the tournament or standing by for the Core Raid… basically they can do whatever they want.

Be ready to transition to the next day by March 11 11:59 PM CST

NPCCs:
Pennywise (Tavern/Adv Guild reps)
Ascension (Town Guards)

Shin’s Next Post:
March 12

Post Rules:
Wait 2 posts before double posting (per character)

Bio Update Cut Off Date:
March 11 (11:59 PM CST)

Notes:
You can bring troops with you just list the numbers, etc.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic

PostSubject: Re: SIC: Reassertion of Manifest Destiny (Prologue, Pt. 1)   SIC: Reassertion of Manifest Destiny (Prologue, Pt. 1) - Page 5 EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 9:20 pm

With a nod, Takeo would admit, agreeing with Yuki, “that would be favorable.” Battousai would be about the same thought. A commotion would build up in the area they were in, and it would seem that the large screen would come to life with five areas being showcased on its bounds. Looking at these five areas, Battousai wondered if they were where the fighting would be taking place. He recognizes the organizer of the tournament and listens to the announcement given by Kia Rio. As in the meeting, he seemed genuine enough, though his methods seemed odd, still, it looked as the tournament would be on its way. Interested in the first matches, Battousai would scan the boards after Kia Rio finishes speaking to find that neither he nor anyone he knew was in the first couple matches. “Hmm….” He would murmur looking over the names and the arena. The mini map showed where each place was, so it seemed simple enough to navigate to them. Looking around, Battousai could also see that others were setting up similar spells in order to watch the battles from this area in small localized pockets of people. Being someone who liked to be where the action was when he observed, Battousai would prefer to physically be at one of the fight, but the large screen made it possible to watch multiple fights at a time. In a side manner, he would inquire of Yuki in a murmur, “should we go to watch a battle, or watch them here?”

286 / 8684
Summary: Leaving the bosses meeting.
Back to top Go down
Kaguyalover
Intern
Intern
Kaguyalover

Rep! : 6

PostSubject: Re: SIC: Reassertion of Manifest Destiny (Prologue, Pt. 1)   SIC: Reassertion of Manifest Destiny (Prologue, Pt. 1) - Page 5 EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 10:06 pm

SIC: Reassertion of Manifest Destiny (Prologue, Pt. 1) - Page 5 Izuzu2_01
Well her answer had been given and she kinda snickered at it. It was interesting being able to hear about what had happened to Tapp, but it was an interesting idea to think about this not as a sort of future after their time had ended but an alternate timeline. Well there would be time to think about it as they were heading to this meeting. Though as they were arriving close it seems that they had just missed it. "Oh dear." Quite the frustrating thing to miss something that could have been useful, but no matter they came up with another plan and that was to watch the tournament. It would be good to figure out how strong people of this time were and what they were capable of. She would gladly follow Asei wherever he wanted to go, though with his conversation with Sanzon it seems that he wanted to stay for longer than a day here. Izumi had only blinked before she thought about it and glanced up towards the sky as if she was trying to see if Rhapsody was flying around anywhere. "Hmm...Alright hun. It would be good to gather information about the people here and see what they are capable of." Maybe she could also learn something from the people here and maybe regain some of her powers that she had lost.

Rhapsody
Exp: 253 | 2704
SIC: Reassertion of Manifest Destiny (Prologue, Pt. 1) - Page 5 Izuzu2_03
Back to top Go down
Ashurei
Elder Member
Elder Member
Ashurei

Rep! : 2

PostSubject: Re: SIC: Reassertion of Manifest Destiny (Prologue, Pt. 1)   SIC: Reassertion of Manifest Destiny (Prologue, Pt. 1) - Page 5 EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 11:36 pm

I would look down at my wrist, examining the black band for a moment. I guess it all made sense now. The voice was faint, but audible if you listened to it. Keeping my attention there, I figured it had to be important if it was that loud. My eyes would lean over towards Jyn, wondering if he was going to enter the tournament. He was obviously listening to the same thing as I was. I had to test the strength of this time and their people, and the best way to do that was to enter the tournament. With the voice gone, and not hearing my name called for the tournament, I would ignore the rest.
“Jyn, there is an inn not to far from here, it seems most people are staying there. If you are not in the tournament, then it might be best to keep your presence here secret. Spirits are well aware of whom you are, especially the ones that wanted into the city. You also know the inner city better than anyone else here, which is active Intel that is invaluable to the success of this project. I’m fighting in the tournament; if I can get one of those squads then I will request your assistance in directing its tactical abilities in the field. You as well Tapp. I might not care too much for you, but I recognize a reliable, well trained soldier when I see one.”

Turning my body towards the tavern area, I would nod my head over to the human, ex-commissioner.
“I’m heading to the Tavern to see the competition, and what strength this time has. It will be nice to know who is capable of what..

301 / 5615 / 19
ooc // Heading towards the Tavern..

A - Complete
B - Complete
C - Complete
D - Complete
E - Complete (in the tourney)
F - Not Complete (not a boss)
G - 3/3 Completed
H - 5/5 Completed
Back to top Go down
Shintre
Admin
Admin
Shintre

PostSubject: Re: SIC: Reassertion of Manifest Destiny (Prologue, Pt. 1)   SIC: Reassertion of Manifest Destiny (Prologue, Pt. 1) - Page 5 EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 8:48 am

---

The main screen shows thumbnails of the tournament 5 areas. There’s a small mini map there too to help with getting to different areas.

Spoiler:

The fighters make it to their rings. There’s a lot of battle mages in the first round and only one swordsman. The big screen shows the match ups and the people in the ring.

Ring 1 – A mage who fights with a hammer of magic energy (W) vs a hand to hand fighter.
Ring 2 – A mage who fights with whips made out of magic (W) vs a physical lasher.
Ring 3 – A mage who fights with a bo staff made out of magic vs a kami that turns into a panther to fight (W).
Ring 4 – A fighter wielding a baseball bat vs a mage that fights with strings and tentacle techniques (W).
Right 5 – A swordsman (W) vs a mage that uses a wide paddle made out of magic to whack his opponent.

There’s a large countdown on the screen that includes the crowd. They call out starting from ten.

“10… 9… 8… 7… 6…”

The fighters are all ready in the ring and get ready to battle.

“5… 4… 3… 2… 1!”

And the battle begins.

[ Bonus Objective Chance – There are five battles going on. The winner of each battle is marked w/a (W)! Members can “flesh out” the battle and come up with the action that takes place in them. They will gain extra bonus points for creating the battle in their posts. The battle description must be good. I figure it’d take at least 250 to 300 words to knock it out. You can only do one battle per post, but you can do multiple battles (up to two) if no one else picks it up. Battles should be in a separate paragraph than your character’s main actions, etc. Your descriptions will be referenced in my next post! ]

|

Current Objectives:
Objective A: Reach Acura and get settled in
Objective B: Get up to date on the IC information/events going on
Objective C: Be ready to transition to the next day by March 11 11:59 PM CST
Objective D: Transition into the next day
Objective E: Sign up for the tourney or not by 3/24/12 11:59 PM CST
Objective F: Bosses report to Kia Rio
Objective G: (Bonus) Interact with at least 3 member characters by 3/22 11:59 PM CST.
Objective H: (Bonus) Post at least 5 times (per character) before Monday night (3/19/12, 11:59 PM CST).
Objective I: (Hidden) Post over the weekend (3/24 and 3/25).
Objective J: (Hidden) Pick up Shin's Slack - Post Monday (3/25).
Objective K: (Hidden) Pick up Shin's Slack II - Post 3/28.
Objective L: (Hidden) Post over the weekend 3/31 - 4/1
Objective M: Flesh out an ongoing battle!

NPCCs:
Pennywise (Adventurer Guild Members)
Ascension (Town Guards)
Mark posts KYRO needs to NPCC a response with a K!
Mark posts PENNYW needs to NPCC a response with a P!

Shin’s Next Post:
April 11(Current Speed: 1)

Post Rules:
! - Wait 1 posts before double posting (per character)
Back to top Go down
Noah
Ascended Mystic
Ascended Mystic
Noah

Rep! : 17

PostSubject: Re: SIC: Reassertion of Manifest Destiny (Prologue, Pt. 1)   SIC: Reassertion of Manifest Destiny (Prologue, Pt. 1) - Page 5 EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 10:07 am

SIC: Reassertion of Manifest Destiny (Prologue, Pt. 1) - Page 5 AkashaTopFin2

Akasha couldn't find anything, so her mind would tell her to just go back...her spirit told her otherwise...it told her to continue looking for this thing, that it was close. The Sigil of course would tell her that too, which was why she continued looking for it. Her legs continued moving in the direction, and soon the pulses would increase more with coming to a location that looked like a run down building. Her eyes would narrow with an awkward look on her face." Of course it would bring me to a run down place. It'll be a good place to hide ". She said knocking on her head twice before releasing a sigh and walking forwards. Once she entered with Caution, she would look around first for the Onikonjou who had been avoiding detection. She had looked to the walls that had the rubble before looking to the ceiling which apparently was none. With the way that the Sigil was reacting, she could feel that she was definitely close to the Onikonjou. Maybe it now knew that she was there...and with that probably launch at her thinking she was just a woman. Whatever was to happen, Akasha believed she was prepared the very moment that she took a step in the place." Don't run any further...save both of us time okay ? ". She said with a serious look on her face.
-----
Ring 4 [A fighter wielding a baseball bat vs a mage that fights with strings and tentacle techniques (W)]
The Fights was starting, and the opponents would be at their respective locations. Within the Gymnasium was two individuals, looked similar in respective to age but one was slightly skinnier than the other. The figure that possessed more of a physique was the one holding the bat, leaning on it almost like it was some kind of support, though his expression was that of a smug one. He believed that he would overpower his opponent easily based off the looks. The Opponent to this somewhat built baseball bat wielder didn't have anything but the cloak on his body...or so that would be how it appeared. There was a look of hesitance in this individual, though one with a trained eye could tell that this was all false and used to lure the opponent into a false sense of security." Hey, don't pass out too fast okay " would be the words from the baseball wielding opponent, and with that they would begin fighting. The Mage would rush towards his opponent with a display of hesitance in his eyes, and would grab onto the opponent arm, attempting to throw him, but there was no budge and the person with the baseball bat just swung the bat to send the mage flying. The Mage's shoulder had kept the bat from meeting with his head, but there was still damage done as he flew off to the side. He would begin to get up as he looked towards his bat wielding foe and again rushed towards him. In terms of physical strength, the made didn't stand a chance and would keep making attempts to grapple him. Each time would be at different limbs and then at his chest, and like the first time, the others would result in the mage flying away with a bat swing. The final attempt would be to grab the bat itself, but that just resulted in the mage being punched. The Guy utilizing the bat decided to just end this instead of toying around with the mage, and so he would rush the mage with all that he had while the mage was on the ground, though as he made it halfway to the mage, a smirk would appear on the Mage's lips as the guy came to a stop in an instant, and eventually he would begin freaking about wondering what was happening. The mage got up off the gym floor and dusted himself off even though there was no dirt on the floor because it was a gym. It was to show that not much had been done to him despite what had occured with all the bat hitting." You sure can swing with a bat...but let me show you how it's really done ". And with the movement of just one finger, The Mage would cause the person to hit himself with the bat, and then do it constantly." How! How are you doing this!? " The guy asked as he couldn't see anything that could have been causing this." I've had control of this battle the very moment you underestimated me and allowed me to touch you. I may not be strong physically but I possess great defense against physical attacks you see...your bat swings wasn't that much ". He would move his fingers a couple of times and the opponent would basically beat himself to a bloody pulp, and like that the Match was over. Only one with a really trained eye(VIS4) would be able to see the threads that had been attached to the opponent and used to manipulate their very movement. These threads or strings wasn't wrapped around, but connected directly to the opponent, appearing to go inside the point of connection. They would snap in an instant as the match had ended quite fast. He originally planned to use the other things around them like the bleachers and stuff to pummel his opponent, but the idea of having the opponent pummel himself with his own weapon came to mind when the opponent gave off that smug expression and thought that he had the match in the bag due to appearance. It was just fitting to display that physical appearance didn't play jack squat into determining a match.
--------------------------------

Summary
» Akasha Searches for Elusive Onikonjou
» Partaking in Tournament
» Post Delay: 0

Akasha Kikan
Health: 100%
Stamina: 100%
Akasha's Attributes: STR: II [+0.0] INT: II [+0.0] DEF: II [+0.0] Aegis: II [+0.0] MOV: II [+0.0] DEX: II [+0.0]
Active Skills: Ω-Prepare[∞] | Ω-Trigger I[T] | ---[∞]
Active Forms: --- | ---
Theme: Out of Reach
NS Units
???: 0
Relay
»

xp: 1,013 | 13,445 | 30
Gains :: 1 TEXP [Earn at 250 EXP in a day.]

SIC: Reassertion of Manifest Destiny (Prologue, Pt. 1) - Page 5 AkashaLowFin4
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

Rep! : 56

PostSubject: Re: SIC: Reassertion of Manifest Destiny (Prologue, Pt. 1)   SIC: Reassertion of Manifest Destiny (Prologue, Pt. 1) - Page 5 EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 9:45 pm

SIC: Reassertion of Manifest Destiny (Prologue, Pt. 1) - Page 5 Jynbox_01
.: Acura, Medius

Tapp would look up around the same time that Izumi would notice that they had missed the meeting. “Hmm…” he would murmur as he watched the procession of people exit from the warehouse, “looks like the boss showed up late to another meeting…” He would say this just loud enough for Jyn to overhear and ignore. While Jyn and Sanzon seemed to give up on it, Tapp went to go speak to some of the guards to see when the next meeting would be, if such a thing were to occur. He would look to Izumi and say, “I’ll be right back” before walking off without awaiting any type of confirmation, still he didn’t want to seem rude about leaving their conversation on a whim.

With his attention on the busty young lady, Jyn would receive his answer and nod accordingly and agreeing, “that sounds like a good idea.” His attention is then gained by the announcement that occurs on the large screen where the orchestrator of this event seemed to be giving a welcoming and thanks you speech to all in attendance before the first brackets of the battle are set up. Looking to Sanzon, Jyn would comment, “that’s probably the guy in charge.”

Jyn he thinks for a moment about giving the Angel the task of securing their rooms, but after thinking on it, decides that it’s something that he would prefer to do himself. Around this time, Tapp would return with the overheard information that the leaders would be meeting at night, though he didn’t have all the details, he figured just checking back here at night would work. Jyn would thank him for checking on that, and then direct his attention to the obvious tavern where all the festivities seemed to be taking place. Giving a mental ‘hell no’ to that, as the area seemed to busy, he would make the mental note to find a tavern or Inn that was a bit quieter. Finding a place to lie down could wait for the night though. Tapp dismisses himself to go and attempt to find out some more information, leaving them with just Jyn, Izumi and Sanzon. Jyn would inquire of Sanzon and Izumi, “so should we week information now, or just enjoy the tournament? I could use some food.”

424 / 5040 | 16
SIC: Reassertion of Manifest Destiny (Prologue, Pt. 1) - Page 5 Jynbox_03
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

PostSubject: Re: SIC: Reassertion of Manifest Destiny (Prologue, Pt. 1)   SIC: Reassertion of Manifest Destiny (Prologue, Pt. 1) - Page 5 EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 10:23 pm

SIC: Reassertion of Manifest Destiny (Prologue, Pt. 1) - Page 5 Domenmenbio_01
Though he had been quiet for this time, Domen had been biding his time and taking in the surroundings. He hadn’t been interested enough to go with the human and the Kami and would allow Sanzon the freedom to move about for the time being. It also didn’t help in the case that he wasn’t asked to go either. Still, such things were small in the grand scheme. While walking among the lessers, Domen would find his attention grabbed by the large screen when the man on it begins to speak. Listening to the words, the demon would peg this male to be the leader of these humans. He didn’t look particularly strong, which gave Domen some cause for concern… these poor humans and miscellaneous others. The man goes away and then the tournament begins as the demon is able to see the first fighters selected. He would have thought himself to be among the first ones to be selected, but as fate would have it, his battle would wait. Until then, he would observe the others.

Ring 2 – A man and a woman face off on top of a large parking deck overlooking the village. Onlookers would watch from other building tops and of course the magical displays that were set in place, but as for the rooftop itself, it would be barren save for the two individuals standing upon it. The man would be dressed in green garments, baggy at the arms and legs, but closer fitting about his waist and ankles with his tauntingly slim midriff uncovered; a long leather whip would be coiled to his side, and for the moment he would stand with his arms folded at his chest. The young lady who stood before him was blonde with long and flowing hair; she was wearing black skintight leggings and a top that was also form fitting; covering this, however, was a black cloak that opened much like a cape when she walked.

When the countdown came, the two would not move immediately, though the man would jest about having to be paired with a woman. This act would bring a chuckle to her lips as she comments back about being underestimated. Deciding to ‘make this quick,’ the man would reach to his side and take the handle of his whip. “Squirm for me,” he would taunt as he uncoils the whip in his right hand with a swift snap down. The tip of the whip would strike the parking garage’s floor with a great impact, shattering a small stone from it which the man catches with his whip as he steps forwards and flings it towards the woman. The woman easily side steps but notices that the man was gone. She looks up to find him descending towards her with his whip rotating over head. He swings down at her. Taking a step forwards in heels, she strikes the ground and a vine of shadows lifts up and strikes his whip, coiling with it. With a motion to the ground, she would pull him out of his flight and towards the ground. The man would fall, control his fall with a roll as he strikes the ground and comes into a crouch. With a smirk on her face, she would watch him from the distance created. Closing the distance, he rushes in towards her. Channeling her magic, she generates a tunnel of whips that are meant to impede his path, but he is able to maneuver nimbly through them. With a final burst from the ground, he would leap towards her and extend a foot out before she is given time to channel her next spell. She turns her head to the side, evading the flying kick and turns around as he lands to her rear. His whip comes around and to her ankle and he gives it a tug causing her to go down in a split. He grins, “flexible?” She retorts flirtingly, “you have no idea…” He pulls the whip back and then lashes it forth again. In the instant she is freed, she rolls to the side and then evades another lashing as she flips back, onto her palms and then onto her feet again, her cloak trailing her movements. With the time to channel, she prepares a spell. A second spell is channeled as she generates a whip in her hand. From there they go back and forth, lashing at one another, showing good skill in their ability before they come into a standoff. The woman would be short of breath as the man would have more stamina. He would inquire, “tired already?” She would stand up straight and hold her whip in one hand as she brushes blonde locks from her face, “no, playing with you begins now.” The whip of magic, vanishes in her hands and sinks into the ground. The ground under the man turns dark causing him to leap back and out of the way, but before he can, several strands of darkness lift up and grab onto his ankles, wrists and torso. The mage weaves her hands as she manipulates the strings tying his hands to his ankles and then wrapping the strings like bondage chains about his thighs, crotch and arms. His body, with his arms and legs behind his back meeting around his rear end, is pulled and levitated into the air so that his stomach is arched out in something similar to a cradle. The more he struggled, the tighter the rope would pull about his groin and ass crack. The man’s eyes widen, and as he is about to scream out, his mouth is bound by the stands of dark rope. Her whip regenerates in her hands as she walks back towards the man, lowering his body to the ground, but keeping the tension in her rope. Lifting the whip of dark energy, she licks the hilt, trailing energy and saliva as she sings, “now… to see how much energy you really have…” Turning him onto his belly, his rectum would only be protected by clenched cheeks as her heel…

The rest can be left to the imagination, but consists of a lot of domination that lasts the span of about fifteen minutes before the man loses consciousness and is left in a puddle of his own fluids. The blushing woman smirks as she exhales, spent herself, then composes, to claim her victory with, “stick around, I may play with you later.” With that, she walks off, followed from an intermediate distance by a new fan club of men.

With a frown on his face, Domen would disapprove of the man’s performance only shaking his head.

1202 / 6344 | 14
Actions: Watching the tournament.
SIC: Reassertion of Manifest Destiny (Prologue, Pt. 1) - Page 5 Domenmenbio_03
Back to top Go down
Rune
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
Rune

Rep! : 10

PostSubject: Re: SIC: Reassertion of Manifest Destiny (Prologue, Pt. 1)   SIC: Reassertion of Manifest Destiny (Prologue, Pt. 1) - Page 5 EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 5:54 am

Upon hearing Takeo, Yuki glances to the male as he gives a faint nod to Takeo's statement. As a large screen comes to life, Yuki shifts his attention to the large screen to see what was going on. With his gaze set upon the screen Yuki catches sight of five areas that seemed to be the places where the tournament fights will be taking place. As a male begins to speak on the screen, Yuki's attention shifts to the male he recognized as the one from the meeting before. While the male speaks Yuki listens to him. Listening to the male, Yuki dwells upon what he is saying to the masses that had gathered to watch. Though he had first thought that people would die during the tournament, Yuki finds that the bands they had received before will protect them from dying and even heal them after there battle which was a rather pleasant thing to find out. Once the male finished speaking the screen transitions to the five matches being set up with the names of the warriors under the areas they will be fighting in. Upon hearing his sensei Yuki shifts his attention to his sensei and thinks upon his question for a moment before speaking up, " Given that some of these warriors are ones that we may face perhaps it would be wise for us to place ourselves in an area where we can watch all of the fights. "

EXP: 260

Summery:
- With sensei

Objectives:
- Objective A: Reach Acura and get settled in (Complete)
- Objective B: Get up to date on the IC information/events going on (Complete)
- Objective C: Be ready to transition to the next day by March 11 11:59 PM CST (Complete)
- Objective D: Transition into the next day (Complete)
- Objective E: Sign up for the tourney or not (Complete)
- Objective F: Bosses report to Kia Rio
- Objective G: (Bonus) Interact with at least 3 member characters. (2/3)
- Objective H: (Bonus) Post at least 5 times (per character) before Monday (3/19/12). (1/5)
SIC: Reassertion of Manifest Destiny (Prologue, Pt. 1) - Page 5 1LilUlfSIC: Reassertion of Manifest Destiny (Prologue, Pt. 1) - Page 5 1Lilias
Back to top Go down
Ashurei
Elder Member
Elder Member
Ashurei

PostSubject: Re: SIC: Reassertion of Manifest Destiny (Prologue, Pt. 1)   SIC: Reassertion of Manifest Destiny (Prologue, Pt. 1) - Page 5 EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 4:17 pm

The man in charge? I would look up to the screen while wondering about him. He had to have some pull here that would get us the info that we needed.
"Jyn.. lets watch a match or two then head to the inn.. I want some downtime anyway.."

, I would zone out for a moment while I watched the screen of magic. It reminded me of my old television, a flat box that was built into the wall of my office. My attention was on the first ring, where it looked as if two warriors were about to collide. On one side, it looked like a magical warrior, and a hand to hand combat specialist. While I was interested in the other fights as well, I was curious to see how a hammer was going to fare here. With the signal to begin, things would start off at a quick pace. Neither would waste time with closing the gap. As the hammer wielding mage slid to a halt, his body would twist, sending the hammer in a striking motion, parallel to the ground straight in front of him. Taking to his knees, the hand to hand fighter, whos name I was unable to catch, slid underneath it, coming up to his feet with a double palm to the chest. The hammer barely cleared his head as the mage was thrust backwards. Releasing his right arm from it, it would twist in across his palm before coming straight downwards towards his opponent. Crossing his arms, the staff would impact downwards, forcing the hand to hand fighter to cushion and suppress the impact. Using the force to his advantage, the left arm of the mage would pull backwards, catching the hand to hand fighter with the hammer portion. Jerking him forward and off balance, the mage would drive his body weight forward, delivering a knee upwards to the chest of the fighter in retaliation for the strike to his own chest. Now that the hand to hand warrior was off balance, it would be heading downhill for him. Keeping the hammer in his left hand, the mage would bounce it up then slam it back down onto his crossed arms, breaking the defense and opening him up. Instead of following through, he would roll the staff portion in his wrist, cradling it as if it were a lance. Continuing the motion forward, the hammer would be thrust forward into the chest of the hand to hand fighter again, forcing him down onto his back. Leaping up, he would take the hammer in both hands, swirling it around in a circular motion above his body before bringing the magical energy directly down towards his enemy. As it struck the ground, he would be unable to react quickly enough from the force he had put into his attack. A small roll to the side would be enough to evade the strike before beginning his counterattack. Rolling back toward the hammer, he would bring his right leg up, pulling it directly into the back of the mage’s left knee. He would buckle forward , allowing the fighter to enter a grappling method of combat. Continuing the roll, the mage’s leg would be caught up, and the fall would be caught with a straight palm strike directly to the temple. Being knocked to the side, without the ability to hold onto his weapon, the hammer of energy would fall to the side and disappear. Before he is able to regain his bearings, the hand to hand fighter was upon him. A swift kick to the ribs, then to the side would leave the mage, not only without his weapon, but without his ability to counterattack. For all intensive purposes, this match was over. Ending it, the mage would crawl to a knee before receiving a knee directly to the face, forcing him to the dirt, unconscious.

"Well.. that could have gone better..." I'd say to Jyn. Looks like magic was not having a good day...

742 / 6357 / 20
ooc // Watching the first battle..

A,B,C,D,E - Complete
G - 3/3 Completed
H - 5/5 Completed
M - Completed (P20)
[/quote]
Back to top Go down
Shintre
Admin
Admin
Shintre

PostSubject: Re: SIC: Reassertion of Manifest Destiny (Prologue, Pt. 1)   SIC: Reassertion of Manifest Destiny (Prologue, Pt. 1) - Page 5 EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 4:44 pm

---

The main screen shows thumbnails of the tournament 5 areas. There’s a small mini map there too to help with getting to different areas.

Spoiler:

The first sets of rounds end. The losers are pulled out of the rings by the guards. Other guards escort the winners out to have their wounds tended too. It’s a little strange b/c winners who didn’t take any wounds had to go with the guards too, but the guards offered refreshments, so no one really protested. They just assumed that it was part of protocol.

One after another when one fight ends the next one is queued up. B/c they end @ different times, they wouldn’t all start at once, but it’d still be considered “round 2” basically.

Next Round
Ring 1 – Magic Weapon User (W) vs Traditional Magic
Ring 2 – Martial Artist (W) vs Magic Summoner
Ring 3 – Akasha vs Domen
Ring 4 – Magic Summoner vs Beastial Warrior (W)
Ring 5 – Martial Artist vs Yuki

Like before, the fighter’s pictures go up under where they’re supposed to fight. The mini map leads the way.

@ Akasha – The Oni is cornered. It doesn’t make any attempts to try to get away. They are all alone. It’s almost like it drew her here and away from everyone else on purpose. The man’s body is covered in shadows at first. The shadow fades and he reveals himself in a tattered flowing garment. He wears a skull like helm with two horns out of it. His face is not visible and a crow rests on his shoulder.

“What a greedy one the Dark King is…”

He speaks to Akasha.

“Save us time for what, child? You don't even know why you’re following me, you puppet.”

He raises his hands and the crow on his shoulder flies off. It turns into a black mist that surrounds them and blocks out the world around them in the form of a wall (no ceiling). The mist is no solid. There's nothing that indicates that you can't just walk through it if you wanted to. The Oni looks interested in her arm that held the battle bracelet.

"Give that bracelet to me and go back to the farce. Be a good girl and you will get to close Pandora's box unharmed."

OOC @ All – GREAT JOB on the fight summaries.

[ Bonus Objective Chance – There are five battles going on. The winner of each battle is marked w/a (W)! Members can “flesh out” the battle and come up with the action that takes place in them. They will gain extra bonus points for creating the battle in their posts. The battle description must be good. I figure it’d take at least 250 to 300 words to knock it out. You can only do one battle per post, but you can do multiple battles (up to two) if no one else picks it up. Battles should be in a separate paragraph than your character’s main actions, etc. Your descriptions will be referenced in my next post! ]

| |

Current Objectives:
Objective G: (Bonus) Interact with at least 3 member characters by 3/22 11:59 PM CST.
Objective H: (Bonus) Post at least 5 times (per character) before Monday night (3/19/12, 11:59 PM CST).
Objective M: Flesh out an ongoing battle! (Repeatable!)

NPCCs:
Ascension (Town Guards)

Shin’s Next Post:
April 12(Current Speed: 1)

Post Rules:
Back to top Go down
Kaguyalover
Intern
Intern
Kaguyalover

Rep! : 6

PostSubject: Re: SIC: Reassertion of Manifest Destiny (Prologue, Pt. 1)   SIC: Reassertion of Manifest Destiny (Prologue, Pt. 1) - Page 5 EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 7:29 pm

SIC: Reassertion of Manifest Destiny (Prologue, Pt. 1) - Page 5 Izuzu2_01
So a lot of thing's were going on now, Asei wanted to find out more information about the meeting that had been going on. The Meeting had ended and the tournament was starting up very soon. It was a new aspect that showed from these humans here. It was odd to see how their technology was developing. It was moving away from the scientific aspect to the magical side of things. It was weird to see it like that. The monitors being lit up as they did and the screen showing the different battle areas. Before that though she looked towards Asei who was asking about whether they should stay for longer than a day. She was concerned about Rhapsody but she knew that her dragon could take care of themselves. So she would nod her head. "Sure, let us stay for a while and gather as much intel as possible. Though I'm not really too concerned about participating in this war of theirs." She didn't have any interest in partaking in it, even though the cause was for reclaiming the territory that had once long ago belonged to the humans. She would walk up closer to Asei and kissed him on the lips. "Say how about I let you two boy's catch up. I'm going to scout the village. I'll see you later alright?".

Right 5 – A swordsman (W) vs a mage that uses a wide paddle made out of magic to whack his opponent
At which during this time on the screen just beyond Izumi's vision. This match had started with the opponents on either end of the parking lot ring. A cocky smirk showing upon the swordsmans face as he pointed his sword at the mage who at the moment didn't hold anything in his hands. Truly this fight wasn't anything all that impressive or fantastic, but it was filled with a lot of cocky retorts being shot back at forth before the fighting actually begun. The mage mocking the intelligence of the swordsman who in turn raged in anger about the mage's physically weak body. Eventually the fighting actually began with the swordsman charging forth towards the mage who just stood there with a smirk on his face. Though once the swordsman came within range he was suddenly shot off to the side. To which this surprise caused watchers to gasp out when they noticed this floating blue wide paddle that flew around in a large radius around the mage. Who only cackled in a cocky manner. The paddle spun in place slowly and floated at the right side of the mage's body. the swordsman had gotten back up and made more retorts about that being a cheap blow. Though the fight still continued on and it lead with the first part of the fight the swordsman being smacked around quite a bit by the mage. Till eventually the swordsman had managed to get a hang of things and learned how to dodge the paddle and use his own sword to block against it. Which led to the second part of the fight with the swordsman getting in close and having the upper hand to the mage who was more focused on dodging the sword strikes until one point in which the mage had slipped upon his own foot and the swordsman had brought the mage into submission getting him to beg and plead for his life. The winner of that fight being a very tired and beat up looking swordsman.

Rhapsody
Exp: 617 | 3068
SIC: Reassertion of Manifest Destiny (Prologue, Pt. 1) - Page 5 Izuzu2_03
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

PostSubject: Re: SIC: Reassertion of Manifest Destiny (Prologue, Pt. 1)   SIC: Reassertion of Manifest Destiny (Prologue, Pt. 1) - Page 5 EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 8:57 pm

After getting his answer from Izumi, he would accept the kiss, of course, and oblige, “that’s fine, but be careful.” He figured she would be about as safe here as in any village, so he wouldn’t worry about it too much, though spending quality time with Sanzon wasn’t something that he had desired for. It would be around this time that he would notice that Tapp had gone away as well, basically just leaving him with the Kami. Better a familiar person than a stranger, though. With Sanzon’s words, Jyn would oblige and turn his attention to the screen to watch the tournament play that was starting up. He would remember something as he speaks to Sanzon, “this is similar to a time in the past where there was a tournament much like this one held in Onitoshi.” It had pretty much been the only time he had ventured to what he would assume was hell. He wouldn’t take much out of the matches, no more than he would take out of watching a baseball game. It seemed that the people of this realm had a comparable ability to the normal humans of where they had come from. There weren’t any large scale magic attacks going off, which kind of paled in comparison of the things he had seen in the past. When the battle that Sanzon was watching ended, Jyn’s attention would draw to it and he would nod, “it looks as if you may have it easy… that’s if you still retain the ability you had when I was taking you down.” As the second round of matches start, Jyn would motion to one of the carts that showed matches while serving food and mention, “are they tailgating?”

314 / 5354 | 17
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

PostSubject: Re: SIC: Reassertion of Manifest Destiny (Prologue, Pt. 1)   SIC: Reassertion of Manifest Destiny (Prologue, Pt. 1) - Page 5 EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 9:35 pm

With a nod, Battousai would accept Yuki’s suggestion and with that, they would make their way to one of the arena to watch the battle. The arena with the most room seemed to be the wide open parking lot, so watching there would be advantageous to the samurai who didn’t necessarily like being crowded while watching something. He would watch the battle that took place between the swordsman and the paddleman and internally be confused to why anyone would want to battle with a paddle of all things. But the battle paddle didn’t seem to be strong enough to ward off the swordsman, who internally Battosuai felt he could take easily. Not really impressed by the participants abilities, Battousai would turn to Yuki and comment, “that was interesting.”

The second round of battle would arrive, and Battousai would notice that Yuki was among the participants for the next round. It would seem that Yuki’s battle would be a parking lot jaunt as well. Battousai’s gaze shifts from the board in the distance to Yuki as he gives him a nod, Yuki knowing what needs to be done. “Good luck in your battle,” Battousai would offer; also he would accompany Yuki to his next ring as a show of support with Takeo walking causally in tow. During this time, he hadn’t given thought to the fact that several members of their party were scattered about; after all, he had advised they could enjoy themselves until it were their turn at battle.

Ooc // anyone else notice there are SIX tournament areas…? Ijs.
301 / 8985
Summary: Wishing Yuki luck.
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

PostSubject: Re: SIC: Reassertion of Manifest Destiny (Prologue, Pt. 1)   SIC: Reassertion of Manifest Destiny (Prologue, Pt. 1) - Page 5 EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 9:40 pm

SIC: Reassertion of Manifest Destiny (Prologue, Pt. 1) - Page 5 Domenmenbio_01
Domen’s gaze would lift once more to the large screen that would indicate what was next to come. In his observations, he noticed that he was up for battle. “Hmm…” would grumble lightly as he would see that it was time for him to do battle with one of these humans. Thus far, he had not been impressed by their abilities as they all seemed to be well within the realm that mortals should be. Though he was not at full power himself, he felt that he shouldn’t have any difficulty with his battle. Thus, the procession would begin towards his arena. Being stationed to ring 3, he would be moving towards the medical plaza parking lot. A wide open space would be advantageous to him, but that would be in the case that he was battling Sanzon, or a spirit on his level that was able to fly and perform spells much like he could. He doubted that for a human he would need a ring larger than an ordinary bathroom.

His feet levitate from the ground as he wafts his way to the arena traveling no more than three stories into the air. His body would lower into the arena in which he had been beckoned and he would fold his arms at his chest and await the arrival of his opponent.

Ring 4 – Magic Summoner vs Beastial Warrior (W)

The gym floor would get a once over with clothes to remove any fluids that had been knocked out of one of the participants of the last fight. This stage was different than the others, as the hardwood floors would hold different properties of grip and such. The sounds of bystander echo on the walls in the background of what appears to be two generic mages in cloaks that stand-off between one another. The thing that gives them this appearance was the fact that they did not have weapons on their bodies.

When the countdown comes for the battle to start, both men would get ready to showcase what they could do. The Warrior’s body shakes for a moment before he gives a mighty roar that echoes about the gymnasium as his body burst out of the robes that had previously encased it. His body grows in size, rising an extra two feet in height while thickening out in overall girth. Hair grew at an accelerated rate over his body and the transformation is completed as he half man half wolf lowers his gaze to the mage before him. Around the same time as the bestial transformation, the mage would bring both of his hands together and channel his energy. Wind would shift about the body of the mage in a spiraling manner before a glowing grid would form on the ground to his side. A golden suit of armor lifts from the circle grid on the ground and solidifies its existence into the physical realm in a burst of radiant light. A spear forms in the hand of the knight and it moves defensively in front of the mage who was controlling it.

The were-beast thrusts forwards in swift leaping bounds towards the mage. The suit of armor readies itself and acts accordingly as it blocks the wolfman’s path. Nimbly, the wolf leaps to the side and attempts a rush at the summoner. The spear is thrown between the wolf and the mage and the suit rushes the wolf. The incoming attack is a clothesline which narrowly misses the altered beast. Turning, the wolf lashes out at the suit sending four cutting lines about a foot from its claws, tearing at the suit. The suit is damaged, but does not slow down as it punches the wolf in the face and sends it falling back. The wolf goes to all forwards and slides to a halt, its nails dragging marks on the smooth hardwood floor. With tension built up in its arms and legs, it pounces forth with great speed towards the suit. In the leap, its body curls up and rotates as it bashes into the suit and then lands on top of it with the suit’s back coming to the ground and its claws digging into the suits helm and shoulder. Ripping up, the werewolf pulls the helm from the suit and hurls it back and towards the mage. The mage narrowly evades to the side. Leaping off of the suit, the wolf makes a run towards the mage who dispels the suits spell and channels another creating a shield in the form of a silver buckler of energy between himself and the wolf. The wolf bursts through the defense, ripping and tearing and then reaches out for the man’s head. With one hand gripping the man’s head, the other rips down the mage’s body causing blood to spill freely. The wolf spins in this manner and throws the mage across the arena causing the body to rush through the air and hit the wall about twenty feet away. Following up the throw with a rush, the wolf would shoulder tackle the mage before he’s given the chance to slide down the wall. After the tackle, the wolf would grab the mages shoulders and bite down onto his neck before the bracelet would have to be activated and push the wolf back in order to allow the man go into ‘auto repair’ mode as Kia Rio had described. With that, the wolf is declared the winner and the match is over.

991 / 7335 | 15
Actions: Watching the tournament.
SIC: Reassertion of Manifest Destiny (Prologue, Pt. 1) - Page 5 Domenmenbio_03
Back to top Go down
Ashurei
Elder Member
Elder Member
Ashurei

PostSubject: Re: SIC: Reassertion of Manifest Destiny (Prologue, Pt. 1)   SIC: Reassertion of Manifest Destiny (Prologue, Pt. 1) - Page 5 EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 1:27 am

I’d frown at the outcome of the battle, ignoring the fact that the young woman had left.. While it was nice to see magic users, their abilities were.. well, rather lacking. It wasn’t that I wanted them to be as strong as we used to be, but they should at least be able to provide a challenge. It made me wonder if there were any other lightning users in existence here. It was a difficult art to master, and I was curious to see if anyone was at that level. So far, I had kept my abilities to myself, only those of our time knew I was capable of controlling those elements. I would nod my head at Jyn’s words, remembering that tournament. I, however, did not enter it.
“It looks like some things haven’t changed.. I hate to admit to it, but my body still hasn’t adjusted fully to being back. I have regained a significant portion of my control over lightning, but my physical strength isn’t where it used to be. I figure, a bullet from you might actually put me down..”
I would laugh at that last part, hoping that he wouldn’t take that as an offer. Snapping my attention from him over to the sight of food, I’d remember tailgating for sporting events at the Academy, where I would catch people drinking underage. A smile would come to my face. Although I didn’t really need to eat that much to keep my energy up, I did love fresh baked bread.
“Tailgating.. it looks like a fantastic idea.. shall we?”

---------------------
The screen held an image of the next round on the first ring. My eyes would wonder to it while I followed Jyn, allowing him to lead the way if he so choose. On the screen were two warriors covered in brown, earthy cloaks. Neither would move, standing there in silence, the wind creeping steadily between the grassy leaves of the old park area. Upon the signal to begin, the cloak for the left most being would drop, revealing a warrior whom failed to look like a magic user. The other would shift weight, sliding backwards as his palms came upward, moving perpendicular with the ground. The ground around him would spread out in fire, a wave of cinders immediately following him. Moving forward, his arms would twist in a circular motion, with each motion releasing a ball of fire. The warrior would move in a zig-zag formation, rolling underneath the first two then leaping over the third. With the distance between them nearly non-existent, the mage would slide to a stop, clapping his hands together. A stream of fire would erupt from his hands, scorching the ground in a snake like fashion as it roared towards his opponent. Unable to go on without creating an offensive, a sword would be drawn from behind his back. Leaping upwards, a flashy gleam would begin to spin around the magical blade before he cast it downwards , releasing a large crescent blade directly through the center of the flame. It would split to the sides around him as he moved forward towards his opponent. Not wanting to allow him to get close, the mage would raise an arm and give a chant which would be unheard unless you were at close distance. The result was a pillar of fire, erupting from the ground and moving upwards around him. The spiral of fire would not halt the magic user. Sliding to a stop next to it, his body would rotate in a full circular fashion, both hands on the hilt of the blade, and slam it into the fire. On contact, another slice of energy would be released, splitting the fire into two sections. Unable to see the attack coming due to his own flame, the mage would be unable to successfully block. The result was expected, and the slash of energy would cross the mages body, directly across his chest. The fire would dissipate, and the mage would fall to a knee, bleeding from the wound and unable to continue. The warrior mage would lower the blade towards his shoulder, and give him the command to Yield. The fire mage would happily oblige. At that range, he wasn’t about to risk trusting a black bracelet to save him from an attack of that style.

802/ 7,159 / 21
ooc // Watching the second battle on field 1 with Jyn.. bonding time?

A,B,C,D,E - Complete
G - 3/3 Completed
H - 5/5 Completed
M - Completed (P20, P21)
Back to top Go down
Noah
Ascended Mystic
Ascended Mystic
Noah

PostSubject: Re: SIC: Reassertion of Manifest Destiny (Prologue, Pt. 1)   SIC: Reassertion of Manifest Destiny (Prologue, Pt. 1) - Page 5 EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 10:56 am

The Onikonjou brought himself to the opening, proving not to be so elusive. His words wouldn't cause her to think though because she knew in a sense that she was being utilized like a puppet, though in her eyes it appeared more so like a means to achieve what she wanted, and having knowledge of it to an extent meant she was just playing the part. She could do nothing but allow a smirk to creep up on her face as she replied back to the figure." Save me the time of searching this place down...You mistake me for other beings, who care about why they are doing this and doing that...I don't care. I don't care why I had to find you. Caring isn't in the job description ". Akasha would then cross her arms underneath her breast." My Job was just to find you...in which I have...". She didn't know how to contact TDK, so she would call out to him." Found Him! " The hand with the Sigil would clench as she called him. She needed to get back to the tournament as the matches must have already started. When the Crow flew off and formed into black mist which covered all around them asides from the top, she knew that there was a chance that she could miss her match, something she was doing her best not to do. There was a little intensity building in her because she felt like doing this thing for TDK would cause her to miss the match, and therefore would be missing the a job as TDK also wanted her to fight hard in the tournament. She awaited his arrival, and as she did she would just look at the figure before her who continued to speak, asking her to be a good girl and hand over his braclet and she wouldnt be harmed. Her eyes widened a little as her head leaned in slightly giving a ' Say what? ' expression." Well I dont think I can fight in the tournament without this so you'll have to understand me when I say Hell No, and watch your tongue. If you think You're superior to me to talk to me in that manner then show it ". Akasha uncrossed her arms and had them down to her side. One way or another, she would be having her fight, though she mainly hoped for the tournament fight since there was more at stake with it.

Summary
» Akasha Searches for Elusive Onikonjou
» Partaking in Tournament

Akasha Kikan
Akasha's Attributes: STR: II [+0.0] INT: II [+0.0] DEF: II [+0.0] Aegis: II [+0.0] MOV: II [+0.0] DEX: II [+0.0]
NS Units
Relay
»

xp: 425 | 13,870 | 31

Back to top Go down
Shintre
Admin
Admin
Shintre

PostSubject: Re: SIC: Reassertion of Manifest Destiny (Prologue, Pt. 1)   SIC: Reassertion of Manifest Destiny (Prologue, Pt. 1) - Page 5 EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 4:33 pm

---

Spoiler:

@ Ooc // Kyro, handle Rune’s NPC til Monday unless he’s able to defeat you before then. Check your PM’s for the NPC specifics.

@ Akasha – The Onikonjou listens to Akasha. When she yells out that she found him he holds up his hand.

“Silence, child.” (BND3, MDE 3, Removes the user’s ability to speak)

He interrupts her words from that point on but it doesn’t stop the sigil from communicating to TDK. The sigil starts to burn and causes pain similar to child birth, but in the hand. Shadows rip and pull from Akasha’s hand and the Shadow of the Dark King forms beside her. The sigil goes into passive/cooldown mode after he’s out. The side effect of this is that it stops Akasha from moving for the next few minutes though. The Shadow of TDK looks at the one formerly known as The Elusive Onikonjou.

“So you are the one they refer to as Prophet?”

“And you are the one they refer to as The Dark King…”

“This meeting was inevitable… you’ve been meddling in my affairs. Your land is to the West… you venture too far, Prophet.”

“Perhaps... however, I didn’t expect to meet you this soon.”

The speech binding spell on Akasha ends (if it hadn’t been broken already). She also regains her ability to move after TDK’s shadow teleportation technique. The Dark King’s Shadow turns to her.

“You’ve done well on your part of our deal.”

She can leave here if she wants or stick around to back up TDK. There is tension in the air. It’s almost like TDK and Prophet are battling each other’s auras. The atmosphere is thick with their presence. It just feels like they’re both powerful.

OOC @ All – GREAT JOB on the fight summaries again! All undone fight summaries are available to do for ppl looking for extra bonus points.

| |

Current Objectives:
Objective M: Flesh out an ongoing battle! (Repeatable!)

NPCCs:
Ascension (Town Guards)

Shin’s Next Post:
April 16(Current Speed: 0)

Post Rules:
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

PostSubject: Re: SIC: Reassertion of Manifest Destiny (Prologue, Pt. 1)   SIC: Reassertion of Manifest Destiny (Prologue, Pt. 1) - Page 5 EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 4:54 pm

“Hmm,” Jyn would nod at the heads up that he could take out Sanzon if he needed to. Life would have been so much easier of the magic users of his time were as they were now. With the technology they had, it would have been easy to keep society in line, well, at least as far as things went for the spirit side. With the invitation of joining one of the tailgatings, Jyn would simply nod and proceed in the general direction of where the smell of steak seemed to be wafting. He hadn’t really ate for the day, since they had been doing vague miscellaneous things earlier before arriving on dragon back, and it wasn’t like things were as convenient in this world as it were in the one where he came from. He couldn’t get fast food whenever he wanted to, though a burger seemed like it would hit the spot right about not. While walking in that direction, he recalls, “that’s right, your kind does pretend to eat and drink…” referring to spirits as a whole and the times he’s been in Sanzon’s company when he consumed physical satiation. As they walk, the next round of fights would be in the background. Jyn would continue to watch them with a slight amount of interest. Thinking to himself first, he speaks to Sanzon as they arrive to the food, booze and screening, mixing among the crowd already there, “perhaps we should try to locate that man who was on the large screen later on? If he’s a leader here, it should be worthwhile speaking to him.”

291 / 5645 | 18
Back to top Go down
Ashurei
Elder Member
Elder Member
Ashurei

PostSubject: Re: SIC: Reassertion of Manifest Destiny (Prologue, Pt. 1)   SIC: Reassertion of Manifest Destiny (Prologue, Pt. 1) - Page 5 EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 8:03 pm

I would follow the human across to the area where people were tailgating. The food smelled good, I couldn’t deny that. I was still hesitant to let it be known that I was a spirit at all. There was apprehension, and the idea of having a tactical advantage. Looking back at the screen when the comment was made, my mind would focus on that for a moment, causing me to halt. I had not really taken into consideration that there might be an entire political or sociologic structure in place right now. The humans may be attempting to work on their own, even though it was obvious that there were other spirits here. Shaking it from my mind, I would agree with him.
“I agree. If he is running this entire occasion then he would be the most likely to have information, and the place for us to offer our services. “

Taking in the sights and smells, I’d look at the screen briefly again for a moment, recounting all that I had seen. It wasn’t too much to be impressed with, but it was entertaining for me nonetheless. I felt like the humans and spirits of this time were severely lacking. It gave me an idea, and I wondered if he had thought of it.
“So… you are familiar with the city’s infrastructure.. I know you had to have thought about what it would be like to turn that net on..”

I wouldn’t speak too loudly, but then again it wasn’t like anyone would really know what I was talking about other than him and anyone from our time within a five foot radius. The thought had crossed my mind more than once, that there might be some way to power that thing, even if it took magic to power it.

326/ 7,585 / 22
ooc // Friendly Chat

A,B,C,D,E - Complete
G - 3/3 Completed
H - 5/5 Completed
M - Completed (P20, P21)
Back to top Go down
Noah
Ascended Mystic
Ascended Mystic
Noah

PostSubject: Re: SIC: Reassertion of Manifest Destiny (Prologue, Pt. 1)   SIC: Reassertion of Manifest Destiny (Prologue, Pt. 1) - Page 5 EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 9:10 pm

Akasha looked at what she believed would become her opponent because this Prophet was seriously asking for an ass kicking when he forced her into silence. Her Anger almost shot through the roof which would have automatically triggered her berserker rage, but then she caught herself with an image of Raiki and calmed herself a bit. When she willingly go into Berserker Rage mode, it's like her fighting capabilities being enhanced while remaining in the state of mind she's in at the moment, whether she's happy, thrilled, calm etc...but when it's triggered by rage due to external forces, then everyone becomes an enemy, well all but her Sister Phaedra. It was a bottle that she had to maintain from breaking, and this Prophet almost broke the bottle. Her blood was boiling, and her breathing didn't indicate shock from the Bind, but aggression slowly decreasing from the instant critical levels. Her eyes would widen after that from the pain that would occur in her hand. That would then push her anger level up to the very roof itself, veins appearing before the shadows would appear from the sigil and eventually The Dark King. She would feel immobilized from the pain, but it was all for the best as she would have been forced into Berserker Rage which wouldnt have ended well for anyone around her. She kept her eyes on the Prophet as she wanted to Mow him down but couldn't at the moment. With the first words spoken by both parties came the name or what they were referred as...The Dark King...and The Prophet. When she gain the ability to move again, she would look to the both of them, and before Akasha could get a word out, the Dark king in his own way congratulates her on a job well done, for holding up her part of the deal. She would turn her head slightly." I always hold up my part...". In a odd way basically saying she don't fail. She had no personal ties to The Dark King, so it wasn't in her mind to sit there and watch things go down. She wasn't going to offer her services to add onto the load that she already possessed, so unless the Dark King asked her to stay, she wouldn't. She also had her other part of the mission, to compete in the tournament and fight hard, something she wasn't going to toss away." Let's hope Im not late...Prophet.". With that, Akasha would push off the ground and out of the darkness that surrounded them like a box. Even if it didn't give the feel that one could pass through it, the simple idea of passing through others peoples magic just didnt sit right. Akasha would land on a part of the roof that was still there barely, and would push off that to jump to the next building that was of equal height. The Onikonjou had completed that mission, and was onto to complete another, which was something she enjoyed...fight.

Summary
» Akasha Found Elusive Onikonjou [The Prophet]
» Makes her way back to the Tournament

Akasha Kikan
NS Units
Relay
»

xp: 555 | 14,425 | 32

Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

PostSubject: Re: SIC: Reassertion of Manifest Destiny (Prologue, Pt. 1)   SIC: Reassertion of Manifest Destiny (Prologue, Pt. 1) - Page 5 EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 12:33 pm

A nod would be given in reference to Sanzon’s initial response; it seemed they were on the same wavelength on that idea. In mixing in with the crowd, Jyn would realize that him and Sanzon walking together didn’t seem to be that odd given the lay of the land. He noticed humans and physical spirits in human form which radiated their ‘special’ aura, in the midst all around them. Whereas his world separated spirits of all types from human by decree, it seemed as if this one embraced them. Everything seemed to be in order with the spirits and the humans working together. Though Jyn’s initial prejudice with spirits were firm, encounters with Shiori and Izumi’s ‘demonic’ sides were starting to blur the lines between what is to be considered human and what isn’t. He started to see, if just a small amount, how perhaps humans could stomach being around spirits, so long as they were benevolent.

With Sanzon’s second stations, Jyn would remark, “true.” He was familiar with the city’s infrastructure as Sanzon should be with much of the lower commons given he bought real estate and was performing development there. But to the conclusion of Sanzon’s words, Jyn would disagree, “I’m not sure if that’s a good idea. Given the society that currently exists in this realm, there’s no telling what effect opening the doors of technology would have. It could cause disruption in their current social fabric. In our realm, imagine of alien technology appeared amidst the corporations. We don’t know enough about this world to go lightning it up. Aside from that, the amount of people needed to train to simply maintain the infrastructure would be staggering. I don’t know how to run a power plant, but if it were as simple as flipping a switch, then there wouldn’t be the need for hundreds of jobs previously.”

365 / 6010 | 19
Back to top Go down
Noah
Ascended Mystic
Ascended Mystic
Noah

PostSubject: Re: SIC: Reassertion of Manifest Destiny (Prologue, Pt. 1)   SIC: Reassertion of Manifest Destiny (Prologue, Pt. 1) - Page 5 EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 4:04 pm

Akasha continued pushing with the best of her abilities as an Onikonjou to make it back to the Tournament, doindg nothing but leaping from building to building of equal height, and when she came across those that may have been bigger, she would jump to it and push off it to another. Moving through traffic of the crowd below was going to slow her down, and that was something she couldn't afford. She wasn't going to miss out on an opportunity to fight, and so she would not pay attention to anyone or anything else who tried to get her attention, nor the minor attention she may have been pulling. It was moments like this where a warping ability would have been handy. That would be something she would keep on her mind after this who situation was done and over with. Her landings were unique, almost like a ninja, and the thrusts from the spots carried a similar feel, though there was nothing about her that was like a ninja. Eventually Akasha would catch sight of the area of the tournament gathering, but she wasn't exactly what one would call close. While moving through, Akasha would wonder why the Prophet demanded her to hand over her band when she had confronted him. Akasha wasn't one too think too much, so just as easy as the thought came, it had vanished.
Round 2 / Ring 2 Martial Artist (W) vs Magic Summoner
Two opponents, the top of a building where cars a normally parked...non-magic vs a Magical summoner. This was a set up to be what some would believe an epic battle. The Martial artist remained calmed in the face of his opponent, and it was that calm composure that would get under the Summoner's skin. " He don't take me seriously...look at him ". He muttered to himself as he looked at the Martial artist. The Martial Artist heard him and still remained calm and silent. When the match began, The summoner would motion back a little bit and immediately hold his hand up." Come forth from the days, to vanquish my foe with your Inferno Blaze! " It was with that, a circle appeared on the field and lines shot to each other within the circle forming some kind of ancient symbol. From out of that circle would come a huge hand attached to an arm, and then another. The being didn't interact with the physical plain which was way the whole parking lot didn't crumble. The arms would pull the beast up which appeared to be that of a flaming Dragon. The beast entire body wasn't of fire, just certain parts like around the wrist, the neck, the wings and the feet. The Martial artist looked at the beast and shook his head." You poor beast, brought back into a world where darkness plagues it greatly...as fierce as you are...I can feel no evil from you...and so I shall put you back to rest ". And with that, the Martial Artist would make a rush towards the beast first before the summoner. The Dragon would make a swipe towards the Martial artist, and though it was fast, he was faster. He would be able to evade the swipe by merely jumping. He would land as it then began to move his claws back, and because of that he would land on the claw. He continued moving, flipping over the flames that shrouded the wrist and continued up the arm. As he made it to the center of the arm, he would slam his fist into a specific point on the arm, ignoring the hard scales of the dragon and causing an odd reaction. It would let out a roar, but before it could retaliate, he would have already made it to the face, landing fierce punches to it which didn't seem to cause damage on the out side of the dragons face, but the force or something penetrated through the beast, and within moments it would disperse into smoke. With that smoke it would cloud the summoners vision, something the Martial artist would use to his advantage. The Summoner would look everywhere, and without realizing it, the match would be over. The Martial Artist came from above and delivered a kick with his heel to the head of the Summoner, causing his eyes to go blank. There was no shine and them, as he last consciousness a second after the hit and before he would crash through the ground to the next floor.

Summary
» Makes her way back to the Tournament

Akasha Kikan
NS Units
Relay
»

xp: 810 | 15,235 | 33

Back to top Go down
Rune
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
Rune

Rep! : 10

PostSubject: Re: SIC: Reassertion of Manifest Destiny (Prologue, Pt. 1)   SIC: Reassertion of Manifest Destiny (Prologue, Pt. 1) - Page 5 EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 10:58 pm

As his sensei begins to move, Yuki follows after him as he leads the way to one of the arena where they can watch the battle taking place. While the two combatants fight, Yuki shifts his gaze between the two as he watches them fight. While watching the fight, Yuki wondered if he would have to fight the winner of this fight or if he would be pitted against someone else when his time come to fight. When the fight comes to an end and Yuki hears his sensei's comment, Yuki glances to him for a brief moment as he gives a faint nod, " Yes, it was. " the half-breed murmurs lightly as he shifts his attention from his sensei. With the fight having come to an end, the half-breed wonders who will be fighting in the arena next, though his wondering doesn't last long before he realizes that he was waiting on himself... Turning his gaze back to his sensei, Yuki notices the gesture from his sensei before being wished good luck. " Thanks sensei. " Yuki says with a faint nod as he begins to move, heading to the arena where he will be fighting.

EXP: 209

Summery:
- Ready to do battle in the thunder dome

Objectives:
- Objective A: Reach Acura and get settled in (Complete)
- Objective B: Get up to date on the IC information/events going on (Complete)
- Objective C: Be ready to transition to the next day by March 11 11:59 PM CST (Complete)
- Objective D: Transition into the next day (Complete)
- Objective E: Sign up for the tourney or not (Complete)
- Objective F: Bosses report to Kia Rio
- Objective G: (Bonus) Interact with at least 3 member characters. (2/3)
- Objective H: (Bonus) Post at least 5 times (per character) before Monday (3/19/12). (1/5)
SIC: Reassertion of Manifest Destiny (Prologue, Pt. 1) - Page 5 1LilUlfSIC: Reassertion of Manifest Destiny (Prologue, Pt. 1) - Page 5 1Lilias
Back to top Go down
Shintre
Admin
Admin
Shintre

PostSubject: Re: SIC: Reassertion of Manifest Destiny (Prologue, Pt. 1)   SIC: Reassertion of Manifest Destiny (Prologue, Pt. 1) - Page 5 EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 1:23 pm

---

http://www.radiantdawn.org/t826-sic-romd-discussion-or-questions-for-shin#16160:

Ooc @ All // if you’re in the tournament and haven’t been given an opponent yet, post here with your character’s name and battle style.

TDK vs Prophet – long story short on this one is that TDK doesn’t like Propet up in his business. It was Prophet who was going around and draining the drunk warriors and taking their wrist bands for some vague reason. TDK expresses that he dun like that all too much. Neither are at the power level they used to be. TDK doesn’t want to fight now for his own reasons and Prophet is at a disadvantage b/c he’s on his enemy’s turf. Prophet bows out and leaves for now. They set up a temporary truce for TDK to stay out of the south forest and Prophet to stay out of the core… for now. Prophet turns into a flock of ravens and flies off. TDK’s shadow vanishes.

Tournament portion to be handled in separate threads on Terra. Saga locked.
(Exp, etc from this point starts over in the other threads)

Current Objectives:
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SIC: Reassertion of Manifest Destiny (Prologue, Pt. 1)   SIC: Reassertion of Manifest Destiny (Prologue, Pt. 1) - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

SIC: Reassertion of Manifest Destiny (Prologue, Pt. 1)
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5