Shintheory Role-Playing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shintheory Role-Playing

Welcome to the HUB of Shintheory Roleplaying!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

General Discussion / OOC / Archived

Go down 
+18
RagnorakTres
Soothesayer
Dice Roller
Phew
Rune
Noah
LittleMariko
Kaguyalover
Kazatul
Pennywise
Shintre
Rek
ero
Lydeck
Kyro_Shiori
Ashurei
Kiun
aѕceпxion
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 18 ... 22  Next
AuthorMessage
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

Rep! : 56

General Discussion / OOC / Archived - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: General Discussion / OOC / Archived   General Discussion / OOC / Archived - Page 14 EmptyMon May 16, 2011 10:23 pm

First topic message reminder :

OOC goes here, not on other boards.

Last edited by aѕceпxion on Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
LittleMariko
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion / OOC / Archived   General Discussion / OOC / Archived - Page 14 EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 10:40 pm

Also, as a solution to the whole land-influence problem.

I think we should have buildings that allow you to exert influence as long as you have military stationed in them. It can be like:

Outpost: Influences the square it's in (Relatively Cheap)
Fort: Influences an area (up to 2.5 mi. radius) (Standard)
Base: Influences an area (up to 5 mi. radius) (Really Expensive)

Of course, like a city, you would want to station troops in your military building, and only those troops who were presently there could defend the area or stop someone from coming in and destroying the fort (because of slow, primitive communications). When the fort is destroyed, you lose influence over that land until you can build a new one.

An upgrade to these could be magical or improved communications/couriers that would allow the soldiers to call reinforcements from a nearby (10 miles) place other troops are stationed in case of a threat or an emergency. Military outposts could also get the standard extra fortifications (e.g. spiked walls, moats, etc.).

Other members would still be able to build in an area influenced by an outpost, but the person with the influence would be "aware" of the encroachment and can choose whether or not they feel like it's worth mobilizing/risking troops over.

Last edited by LittleMariko on Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rune
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
Rune

Rep! : 10

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion / OOC / Archived   General Discussion / OOC / Archived - Page 14 EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 10:47 pm

If you went that far you could add in like religious influence as well.
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
LittleMariko

Rep! : 31

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion / OOC / Archived   General Discussion / OOC / Archived - Page 14 EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 10:50 pm

I'm not sure that St. Bleus Church of Holiness and Outreach Center would have quite the same effect on an area as The South Barbarian Military Base of Murder and Rape.

Maybe if the religion could like, lay down magical wards to ward spirits of a particular race out of an area... but I don't think we have that kind of magic available yet.
Back to top Go down
Rune
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
Rune

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion / OOC / Archived   General Discussion / OOC / Archived - Page 14 EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 10:53 pm

Indeed, though religion would still have influence. I mean look at the world and how religion is effecting it right now.. And we don't even have magic that heals people or makes a shield of magic around them xD.
Back to top Go down
Lydeck
Intern
Intern
Lydeck

Rep! : 5

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion / OOC / Archived   General Discussion / OOC / Archived - Page 14 EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 11:25 pm

Protip: Never wait a month to post your update ish.
Back to top Go down
Lydeck
Intern
Intern
Lydeck

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion / OOC / Archived   General Discussion / OOC / Archived - Page 14 EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 11:26 pm

LittleMariko wrote:
Also, as a solution to the whole land-influence problem.

I think we should have buildings that allow you to exert influence as long as you have military stationed in them. It can be like:

Outpost: Influences the square it's in (Relatively Cheap)
Fort: Influences an area (up to 2.5 mi. radius) (Standard)
Base: Influences an area (up to 5 mi. radius) (Really Expensive)

Of course, like a city, you would want to station troops in your military building, and only those troops who were presently there could defend the area or stop someone from coming in and destroying the fort (because of slow, primitive communications). When the fort is destroyed, you lose influence over that land until you can build a new one.

An upgrade to these could be magical or improved communications/couriers that would allow the soldiers to call reinforcements from a nearby (10 miles) place other troops are stationed in case of a threat or an emergency. Military outposts could also get the standard extra fortifications (e.g. spiked walls, moats, etc.).

Other members would still be able to build in an area influenced by an outpost, but the person with the influence would be "aware" of the encroachment and can choose whether or not they feel like it's worth mobilizing/risking troops over.

^ ^ ^ THIS x1,000,000 ^ ^ ^
Back to top Go down
Shintre
Admin
Admin
Shintre

Rep! : 24

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion / OOC / Archived   General Discussion / OOC / Archived - Page 14 EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 10:01 am

lol, well the good news is if there's an equation, then a calculator can be made for it
Back to top Go down
Lydeck
Intern
Intern
Lydeck

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion / OOC / Archived   General Discussion / OOC / Archived - Page 14 EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 10:30 am

SWTOR!

Best $120 bones I've ever spent. > >
Back to top Go down
Ashurei
Elder Member
Elder Member
Ashurei

Rep! : 2

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion / OOC / Archived   General Discussion / OOC / Archived - Page 14 EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 11:57 am

On the other side, what about religious fanatics? If you have a religion and no military, people who are highly religious can act as a basic militia to defend their sacred areas
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
LittleMariko

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion / OOC / Archived   General Discussion / OOC / Archived - Page 14 EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 12:26 pm

Last edited by LittleMariko on Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:55 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
Soothesayer
Intern
Intern
Soothesayer

Rep! : 12

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion / OOC / Archived   General Discussion / OOC / Archived - Page 14 EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 1:26 pm

LittleMariko wrote:
I'm not sure that St. Bleus Church of Holiness and Outreach Center would have quite the same effect on an area as The South Barbarian Military Base of Murder and Rape.

I get the feeling that someone or another will end up making one of those murder-rape bases at some point. SOUNDS LIKE A LOAD OF FUN!

And you got the Old Republic, Lethe? I am the most jelly ever. Star Wars is my life's blood.
Back to top Go down
Kazatul
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
Kazatul

Rep! : 19

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion / OOC / Archived   General Discussion / OOC / Archived - Page 14 EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 1:27 pm

Religion
Adding the religion element adds too many variables, like having "psuedo troops". I definitely like the influence concept tho you can probably keep it at 3 levels of outpost, base, and city with the same numbers. Because most startup cities wouldn't really have major influences.

BP Calculations
Good point on the hut calculations, I was wondering about that but didn't feel like redoing the calculations.

Complex Building System
Honestly, the building system is a bit too in-depth. I never saw the point in paying per wall or segment since a lot of ppl probably don't know the measurements of their own house or favorite shop they go to. It really could be simplified without the use of a calculator to how it was set up at H2H. Or better yet... don't even call them huts and such...

Small Dwelling
Medium
Large
etc... or call them Stage 1 Dwelling, Stage 2 Dwelling, to keep things uniform :p

That will remove questions about how you'd build this or that. All people have to look at it is "It costs me this much to build this and best part, it seems Kitsu already did the calculations in her spreadsheet. ^_^

Area Influence
In terms of the communication/warning system, the distance might need to be shortened to say the next square over provided that location had a communications magus/beacon/ward.

OOC
Side note: Yeah, I think I'm just gonna get the standard edition of SWTOR. Gotta hope there's still one available on payday. :/

Also, I think we need a Site IC/OOC thread for discussions like this so that one thread is for silly stuff and birthdays and all that while the other is to discuss new developments, loopholes, suggestions, and questions with quests/RPs.

EDIT @ Lydeck: Really?! Remus & Romulus?! LOL!
Back to top Go down
Lydeck
Intern
Intern
Lydeck

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion / OOC / Archived   General Discussion / OOC / Archived - Page 14 EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 3:24 pm

Kazatul wrote:
ReligionEDIT @ Lydeck: Really?! Remus & Romulus?! LOL!

My next S troop is going to be Belisarius.
Back to top Go down
Soothesayer
Intern
Intern
Soothesayer

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion / OOC / Archived   General Discussion / OOC / Archived - Page 14 EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 4:22 pm

Lydeck wrote:
My next S troop is going to be Belisarius.
amr
Nice. My first S troop- once I'm able to get one, is going to be my dog, Gaarm. Bonus points if you know what that's from (Garm)
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
LittleMariko

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion / OOC / Archived   General Discussion / OOC / Archived - Page 14 EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 7:22 pm

Ragnarok Online?
Back to top Go down
Kazatul
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
Kazatul

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion / OOC / Archived   General Discussion / OOC / Archived - Page 14 EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 7:23 pm

Is it RO or Tales of the Abyss/Vesperia?
Back to top Go down
Rune
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
Rune

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion / OOC / Archived   General Discussion / OOC / Archived - Page 14 EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 7:25 pm

You should have a baby garm
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
LittleMariko

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion / OOC / Archived   General Discussion / OOC / Archived - Page 14 EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 11:04 pm

Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

Rep! : 56

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion / OOC / Archived   General Discussion / OOC / Archived - Page 14 EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 11:34 pm

The second one should have been in the front.
Back to top Go down
Rune
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
Rune

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion / OOC / Archived   General Discussion / OOC / Archived - Page 14 EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 11:37 pm

Yeah he looks like he is more into the dance then the first guy.
Back to top Go down
Kazatul
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
Kazatul

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion / OOC / Archived   General Discussion / OOC / Archived - Page 14 EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 12:12 pm

The first guy is the owner's son.
Back to top Go down
Soothesayer
Intern
Intern
Soothesayer

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion / OOC / Archived   General Discussion / OOC / Archived - Page 14 EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 12:21 pm

>_>; Garm (Garmr) is a great dog that guards Hel, the land of the dead in Norse mythology.

But, I'm pretty sure he was used in those as well. Garm was also the name of a legendary axe in Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones.

If I wanted to be obnoxious, I'd get Fenrir as well and run around looking for a guy named Odin so Fenrir could eat his face and start the end of the world.

And also- lolwut

Finally, this:

Back to top Go down
Kiun
Intern
Intern
Kiun

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion / OOC / Archived   General Discussion / OOC / Archived - Page 14 EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 1:20 pm

The people who did not know of Garm disappoint me. I smh@u.

Bonus points for Kaz bringing up Tales of games though.
Back to top Go down
Ashurei
Elder Member
Elder Member
Ashurei

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion / OOC / Archived   General Discussion / OOC / Archived - Page 14 EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 1:45 pm

Random thought for Shin..

Land claim requires X amount of words

Why dont you have it setup like the job system. Since people are double timing experience, path word count, and getting land out of it at the same time, make it to where 1000 has to go towards getting the land in a logical, common sense way, and the surplus after that can be used as experience.

Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
LittleMariko

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion / OOC / Archived   General Discussion / OOC / Archived - Page 14 EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 1:52 pm

Soothesayer wrote:
If I wanted to be obnoxious, I'd get Fenrir as well and run around looking for a guy named Odin so Fenrir could eat his face and start the end of the world.
Here you go: https://shintheory.rpg-board.net/t224-ooinn-the-hammer
Back to top Go down
Ashurei
Elder Member
Elder Member
Ashurei

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion / OOC / Archived   General Discussion / OOC / Archived - Page 14 EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 1:57 pm

nice nice
Mariko, hit me up on msn.. got something for you
Back to top Go down
Shintre
Admin
Admin
Shintre

Rep! : 24

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion / OOC / Archived   General Discussion / OOC / Archived - Page 14 EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 2:13 pm

sacred... stones... lmao
Back to top Go down
Lydeck
Intern
Intern
Lydeck

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion / OOC / Archived   General Discussion / OOC / Archived - Page 14 EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 4:08 pm

Ashurei wrote:
Random thought for Shin..

Land claim requires X amount of words

Why dont you have it setup like the job system. Since people are double timing experience, path word count, and getting land out of it at the same time, make it to where 1000 has to go towards getting the land in a logical, common sense way, and the surplus after that can be used as experience.

General Discussion / OOC / Archived - Page 14 Boo-google-boo
Back to top Go down
Noah
Ascended Mystic
Ascended Mystic
Noah

Rep! : 17

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion / OOC / Archived   General Discussion / OOC / Archived - Page 14 EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 4:24 pm

Lydeck wrote:

General Discussion / OOC / Archived - Page 14 Boo-google-boo
My thoughts exactly lol
Back to top Go down
Phew
New Recruit
New Recruit
Phew

Rep! : 3

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion / OOC / Archived   General Discussion / OOC / Archived - Page 14 EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 5:08 pm

Wohay! a day off finally and shit starts happening in norway xD 2 terror attacks in norway in ONE day... world is going downwards!
Back to top Go down
Soothesayer
Intern
Intern
Soothesayer

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion / OOC / Archived   General Discussion / OOC / Archived - Page 14 EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 5:30 pm

Guh... the only less believable places for a terrorist attack would be like Denmark or Sweden or Switzerland.
Back to top Go down
Phew
New Recruit
New Recruit
Phew

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion / OOC / Archived   General Discussion / OOC / Archived - Page 14 EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 6:54 pm

actually denmark and sweden have had their terror attacks, less believeable place would be Iceland or Greenland
Back to top Go down
Soothesayer
Intern
Intern
Soothesayer

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion / OOC / Archived   General Discussion / OOC / Archived - Page 14 EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 7:02 pm

Really? Huh- I feel uninformed now.
Back to top Go down
Ashurei
Elder Member
Elder Member
Ashurei

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion / OOC / Archived   General Discussion / OOC / Archived - Page 14 EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 9:33 pm

so.. the two people who automatically bitch are the ones who want to get as much as possible with the leasta mount of work.. makes sense.
Back to top Go down
Lydeck
Intern
Intern
Lydeck

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion / OOC / Archived   General Discussion / OOC / Archived - Page 14 EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 11:47 pm

Ashurei wrote:
so.. the two people who automatically bitch are the ones who want to get as much as possible with the leasta mount of work.. makes sense.

Bypassing the fact that your previous post showed a complete lack of understanding how the path system works to begin with, I'm just going to go ahead and laugh at you for talking about someone else bitching.

Last edited by Lydeck on Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:40 am; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : o.o)
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
LittleMariko

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion / OOC / Archived   General Discussion / OOC / Archived - Page 14 EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 11:51 pm

Downrep for negativity.

And change of subject!

General Discussion / OOC / Archived - Page 14 03363ccd0ef4542df46a037cb525eb82

Squirrels are evil. Discuss.
Back to top Go down
Lydeck
Intern
Intern
Lydeck

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion / OOC / Archived   General Discussion / OOC / Archived - Page 14 EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 11:54 pm

I do believe that squirrel has testicular cancer.
Back to top Go down
Noah
Ascended Mystic
Ascended Mystic
Noah

Rep! : 17

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion / OOC / Archived   General Discussion / OOC / Archived - Page 14 EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 12:05 am

Lydeck wrote:

Bypassing the fact that your previous post showed a complete lack of understanding how the path system works to begin with, I'm just going to go ahead and laugh at you for talking about someone else bitching.
+1 squirrels are evil xD
Back to top Go down
Bran
New Recruit
New Recruit
Bran

Rep! : 0

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion / OOC / Archived   General Discussion / OOC / Archived - Page 14 EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 12:51 am

Squirrels set up traffic accidents on purpose.. Here is proof.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40kPEjZpM8M
Back to top Go down
Kiun
Intern
Intern
Kiun

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion / OOC / Archived   General Discussion / OOC / Archived - Page 14 EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 12:58 am

I don' understand why everyone's so up in arms over land lately. Just let them develop it for you and then swing in and take them out to make it your own. Preferably while sipping a GnT on the beaches as they do all the sweaty hard work.

Hey I'm an intern. Can I get a raise?
Back to top Go down
Soothesayer
Intern
Intern
Soothesayer

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion / OOC / Archived   General Discussion / OOC / Archived - Page 14 EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 1:21 am

<--- Not an intern yet.

Sad.

Also- why are we fighting over land OoC? That can be done IC if you have a problem with it, bro.
Back to top Go down
Lydeck
Intern
Intern
Lydeck

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion / OOC / Archived   General Discussion / OOC / Archived - Page 14 EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 1:22 am

Because it's like a little kid being at another kids birthday party, seeing that the other kid is getting cake, and then whining about it because he wants some cake and demanding the other kid have their cake taken away.

Last edited by Lydeck on Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Soothesayer
Intern
Intern
Soothesayer

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion / OOC / Archived   General Discussion / OOC / Archived - Page 14 EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 1:28 am

>_>; So much hostility...

Eat humor, bitches

General Discussion / OOC / Archived - Page 14 1307859988837
Back to top Go down
Rune
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
Rune

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion / OOC / Archived   General Discussion / OOC / Archived - Page 14 EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 1:36 am

That seems 100% true Sooth.
Back to top Go down
Phew
New Recruit
New Recruit
Phew

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion / OOC / Archived   General Discussion / OOC / Archived - Page 14 EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 3:07 am

man, im waking up 8am in the ONE DAY i have a day off and i get this sort of very wrong and sick comic glued over my screen.... sooth, i think you destroyed my mind just now... xD
Back to top Go down
Soothesayer
Intern
Intern
Soothesayer

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion / OOC / Archived   General Discussion / OOC / Archived - Page 14 EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 3:13 am

=D I did my job then.

Also this:

General Discussion / OOC / Archived - Page 14 1309327593891
Back to top Go down
Phew
New Recruit
New Recruit
Phew

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion / OOC / Archived   General Discussion / OOC / Archived - Page 14 EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 3:28 am

sooth... you are a very very very very very sick person against someone that have just woken up! Now check your inbox -,-
Back to top Go down
Kiun
Intern
Intern
Kiun

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion / OOC / Archived   General Discussion / OOC / Archived - Page 14 EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 4:22 am

Only wanna-be-badass tools chose charmander anyway.

Perma-Wartortle RepreSENTIN'.
Back to top Go down
Pennywise
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
Pennywise

Rep! : 26

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion / OOC / Archived   General Discussion / OOC / Archived - Page 14 EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 9:30 am

On the note of Norway getting bombed and shot up. I wonder if its a coincidence Oslo was hit. Home of the nobel Peace Prize.
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
LittleMariko

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion / OOC / Archived   General Discussion / OOC / Archived - Page 14 EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 10:02 am

General Discussion / OOC / Archived - Page 14 1223485336248
Back to top Go down
Phew
New Recruit
New Recruit
Phew

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion / OOC / Archived   General Discussion / OOC / Archived - Page 14 EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 10:04 am

from what we've been told on the news, its like one dude that is extreme right wing christian which claim he is a nationalist and a patriot that did it...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion / OOC / Archived   General Discussion / OOC / Archived - Page 14 Empty

Back to top Go down

General Discussion / OOC / Archived
Page 14 of 22Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 18 ... 22  Next