Shintheory Role-Playing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shintheory Role-Playing

Welcome to the HUB of Shintheory Roleplaying!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dead Men tell No Tales[Closed]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Pennywise
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
Pennywise

Rep! : 26

Dead Men tell No Tales[Closed] Empty
PostSubject: Dead Men tell No Tales[Closed]   Dead Men tell No Tales[Closed] EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 5:21 am

“ We are the Remnants, those who remain. Dead men who walk. Who feel no pain. This is our oath, to death we do walk. So their goals we may stop”.

The training of this special unit is something else, before I had received training in the military of Mare Maris and it was something that was a source of pride for me, I didn’t think that as difficult as it had been said to be that the Remnant training would be much different. But I was wrong. Very wrong. When we become Remnant recruits and survive the selection process we go through a rite of passage that strips of us all that we had in our former lives. A sort of dark rebirth into a new world of pain and death, but ultimately. No matter how much we lost this was our own choice, to become a Remnant was to become an instrument, a weapon of destruction that would be used to bludgeon down the rising forces of spirits within the world. Hate, was our main requirement. A pure hate that overcame all else. A hate that was fashioned into an edge during selection. And it was that edge that would keep us away from death. When I entered the Remnant barracks and training areas I didn’t know what to expect really, it was the only regiment of the military that had an internal training barracks. There had been a lot of discussion about just why this was. Personally I had my own suspicions about just what went on in there. Dead mencarried no guilt. Dead men had no limitations, no morals. And that was their strength.

Exp::298
pwc::
Back to top Go down
Pennywise
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
Pennywise

PostSubject: Re: Dead Men tell No Tales[Closed]   Dead Men tell No Tales[Closed] EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 5:42 am

To drive back hell, one must take hell inside you. One must live it. That was the first words that the training instructor ever said to him. He was the sole survivor of this years pick, and was thus alone. He wore the cloth uniform gladly. However was slightly disappointed that he could not have bought armour or at least a weapon before this thing came to pass. Ultimately thought that was beyond his own choice and was just something that he was going to have to deal with as it cropped up. The instructor however didn’t seem at all surprised by his lack of weapon. Perhaps it was normal that all recruits turned up like this. Perhaps it was normal that the recruits came unarmed. There were several cages within the dark room, all covered up by cloth and the noises coming from behind them Belmont could only guess that his ideas about just went ton inside this internal training centre were true. Whatever was inside those cages they were similar to the horrors that he had faced in the hell borne forests. The instructor marched towards the first of the cages and drew back a large sheet that covered it. And inside what to say the least something far more disturbing than anything he had witnessed thus far.

It was a child, a child had been making those noises. But Belmont had an idea that this was just no ordinary child. It looked up. Eyes black as the pits themselves. “ This creature...is a hybrid, born to a human mother and a demon father”. He approached the other cage and pulled back the sheet. Inside was a woman that looked in her early thirties. She shook, her eyes folled with terror. “ This woman wilfully gave her body to the demonic host and bore its child, she sought to hide it amongst us as if it was pure of its heritage’s malign influence”. He drew his sword and tossed it to Belmont who caught it with his right hand. “ A Remnants first defence is his death, dead men have no morals, no guilt. Kill them both”.

Exp::393
pwc::361
Back to top Go down
Pennywise
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
Pennywise

PostSubject: Re: Dead Men tell No Tales[Closed]   Dead Men tell No Tales[Closed] EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 10:09 am

Dead Men tell No Tales[Closed] Belmontpostava

" Staring into those eyes I didn't really know just what to do, he was asking me to kill a child. Kill its mother. Fear was rife in the air and not all of it was theres. I knew it. But I could not let this hinder my duty. I knew the words that he spoke were true. The weaknesses of other humans like this woman had caused such death before. Remnants could not forget. Not forgive. I couldn't forgive. And this woman. Ravaged or willing had given birth to a child of demonic heritage. She had sealed the fate of the child to be concious to his own death. It was not my will to do thusly to one so young. But then. The demon inside of him was old. And it was evil. They were all beings of evil".
Belmont stepped forward, the instructors sword in hand and moved towards the child, he placed his sword at its shoulder and stared into that face. There was a moment of hesitation. But the very second he saw those dark eyes. His will was resolute. He raised the sword and swung it down. The bone of its neck breaking under the pressure of the blade as it passed through both. Its body slumping helplessly to the side as its mother let out a call of un relenting agony. Next it was her turn. Over to the second cage. The instructors eyes ever upon him as he once again raised the sword. This time cutting her downwards in a diaganol angle. She remained alive slightly longer than her son. But before long those eyes were gone shut as well.

With that finished, he moved out of the cage. Only to be met by the fist of his instructor. Smashing into his face. The force of it knocked him off his feet , the sword sliding from his grasp with a clatter on the floor. He looked up, vision hazed, nose wet but arm with blood. " You hesitated". Said the Remnant Instructor. " Hesistation in the front of such a monster is not afforded. To do so means your corpse will fall early. Remember this and learn from it".

And that I did

EXP: 406
PWC: 373( Organisation)
Back to top Go down
Pennywise
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
Pennywise

PostSubject: Re: Dead Men tell No Tales[Closed]   Dead Men tell No Tales[Closed] EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 10:23 am

Dead Men tell No Tales[Closed] Belmontpostava

" What came next was strange to me, not because of what I had done or because I was still hazed out. But because I hadn't expected it. Really its something that one would not see from the Remnants, the rest of the Mare Maris military, yes, but not them. It seemed to me when I started that the Remnants were simply spirit hunters. But it seemed there was more to it than that. Far more than I had ever envisioned. But I quickly learned that much"

Te instructor had been quieet for awhile as Belmont had cleaned himself up, nose still throbbing form the well placed punch. Then the silence was broken by a resounding. " So, recruit". Said the instructor. " Why is it that you killed the hybrid child so quickly, yet left the mother to die a slower, and arguably more painful death?". The images of doing it came back to him and at the time he hadn't really thought about it. " I don't know". He said mildly nervous. " I just did it". The instructor nodded and then moved over to sit down on the cold stone floor next to him. " It seems that you have a similar profile to most of our order, you would kill spirits quickly not waste time. You go for the lethal blow. This is good. Trying to injure them with non fatal strikes leaves you open, makes it so that they can hit back. Taking them out in the one shot is what we should always aim for". Belmont might have endulged in the pride of this, but he knew that the praise should not be taken like that. Merely an acknowledgement of what made him capable of becoming a recruit in the first place.

" As for the spirit tainted woman, it is much the same....she was incable of fighitng back. Yet you made her suffer, and this is the way it should be. For those who would corrupt our humanity with the taint of their kind should be made to suffer. For without the firm hand of suffering do we not merely indulge these sins as truth?....No. We cannot. You did well on this also. I shall pass it onto your superior. This part of your training is complete. Report to the barracks for outfitting Recruit".

EXP: 439
PWC: 392( Organisation)
Back to top Go down
Pennywise
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
Pennywise

PostSubject: Re: Dead Men tell No Tales[Closed]   Dead Men tell No Tales[Closed] EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 10:24 am

Job roll
Back to top Go down
Dice Roller
Veteran
Veteran

Rep! : 5

PostSubject: Re: Dead Men tell No Tales[Closed]   Dead Men tell No Tales[Closed] EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 10:24 am

The member 'Jack' has done the following action : Dices roll

'10 (aka Steal) Roll' : 1
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dead Men tell No Tales[Closed]   Dead Men tell No Tales[Closed] Empty

Back to top Go down

Dead Men tell No Tales[Closed]
Page 1 of 1