Shintheory Role-Playing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shintheory Role-Playing

Welcome to the HUB of Shintheory Roleplaying!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trek of the Camel Brigade

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

Rep! : 56

Trek of the Camel Brigade Empty
PostSubject: Trek of the Camel Brigade   Trek of the Camel Brigade EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 7:24 pm

The Camel Brigade would have returned to Rajeh after a short trip between Rashn and Jyn. In returning home, Rashn was able to meet with Eri who unveiled that she managed to stumble across a map of questionable origin. After looking over the map and scrutinizing its symbols and such, Jyn was able to come to the conclusion that there may be an area of interest that they would want to look at. After resting for the afternoon, the evening was approaching, and as such, the land was getting cooler with the oppressive sun waning in its intensity. The time to travel had arrived and with that, Jyn managed to lead the merchant and the tribal woman to the area of interest that was on the map.

At the area of interest, Jyn looks up at what lay before them. It looked like a very large worm hole as the ground was deceptively level to his point. It looked as if nothing would be out here, but upon reaching this area and looking down, one could see an ancient ruin from the past. It was a large and very tall metallic structure buried deeply with plenty of room on all sides, with tower like aspects to it surrounded by the desert earth wall held up by reinforced metal plating. In the past world, it was a hidden lab for the Shimra Corporation. On the main portion of the building there was a marking of a red square with an odd symbol in the middle of it. Overall, the structure rivaled the size of the mansion that Eri and Jyn would eventually come to live in with its tallest feature being a cylindrical tower in the center of it.

Jyn would look back down at his map, then back at the structure embedded in the desert floor before wiping sweat from his brow with the back of his hand before returning it with the other to hold the map. “Well…” he states looking at the seemingly endless winding stairways that lined the desert walls, “this looks like it’s the place. It looks like more walking from here…” Unless there were any issues, I would continue to lead the way, stepping towards the metallic stairs. Of course there were elevator lifts that were out of commission by now as well as hidden vehicle entrances, but for the time being they would be… hidden.

452 / 452
Continued from: https://shintheory.rpg-board.net/t187-return-of-the-camel-brigade
Back to top Go down
Rek
Veteran
Veteran
Rek

Rep! : 14

PostSubject: Re: Trek of the Camel Brigade   Trek of the Camel Brigade EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 2:55 am

Trek of the Camel Brigade Eri_1

The tall black leather boots move through the desert sands. After waking from an afternoon nap, Jyn has lead us to the place that he had found on the map that I had stolen from a old adventurer that had been searching for these hidden ruins for a number of years. It seems Jyn is better at reading maps or he is just luckier than that old man.

My heads rest on my hips as I look down what seems to be an ends hole in the desert. The golden eyes glance over at Jyn when he makes the statement that this was it. It really didn't look like much. I was really hoping for something a little more. Like a big temple or bandit hideout with a lot of shinny things inside. Rather than that we got a deep dark hole in the ground. Jyn doesn't seem to have any worries about it as I watch him start down the metal stairs. Folding my arms behind my head, I follow Jyn down into the deep metal hole as I looking over the metal walls of the ancient ruins. "I been in a place that looks like this one... it didn't go to well."

xp: 204
Job: Adventurer 7/27
Trek of the Camel Brigade Eri_3
Back to top Go down
Kiun
Intern
Intern
Kiun

Rep! : 10

PostSubject: Re: Trek of the Camel Brigade   Trek of the Camel Brigade EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 4:35 am

In war, and combat, taking point is an honorable position. It is they, the point guards, who take in the first battle, who spill the first blood, and garner the first kill. They are the true warriors and gladiators, and are truly men among all other ‘men’. Yet, even a line is made of two points. There cannot be a front without a back, and for every leading man, there is the support crew, those who push their assistance upon the one who earns the fame of being the frontman. Among all of these, naturally, there is the point man’s irrevocable shadow. The one who stands in the back, he who is least likely to see combat, and the one whose combat skill will only be put to the test when all else has fallen, and the situation becomes so dire so as to already be declared hopeless. It is he, who has the unfortunate pleasure of being voted ‘most-likely-to-be-silently-ambushed-and-killed-in-the-dark’. You could say it took great bravery, as well as grand stupidity, to watch the group’s backside.

But, it was a necessary. A front sans back, as mentioned, does not exist. Deciding to take that such position upon his own shoulders, Rashn would, naturally, follow the group in the rear. His ride left at home, the man’s feet would be his only form of lazy transportation for the expedition. In a way similar to the woman in front of him, he would express silent annoyance via grimacing facial expressions at the resulting turn of events. It was a bad sign, something like this. Rashn was interested in running down, fighting off the maybe half-dozen brigands guarding the treasure, and taking the treasure for themselves. Something like this only ended up being a warning sign of imminent misfortunes. Nobody put non-dangerous things away in buildings! “A-Ah, I don’t suppose you could’ve made a mistake, Jyn? Not that I’m… doubting.” More like, hoping. Though, Rashn would make no hesitation in following the man, and likely the woman as well. Being left out here only cemented his role as ‘Supporting-Character-Dragged-And-Killed-Behind-Dumpster’ in the credits.
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

PostSubject: Re: Trek of the Camel Brigade   Trek of the Camel Brigade EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 1:37 pm

Ooc: To clarify, it’s not really a big metal hole in the ground; it’s more like the Shinra Corp HQ from FF7 built into a big hole in the ground (link).

While walking, Jyn would make the comment to address his friend Rashn, “no no, I’m pretty sure this is the right place… I mean… look at it.” Once again, his gaze would shift over towards the very large compound in the middle of the very big and deep hole. He couldn’t imagine what Eri would be doing at a place like this in the past, but there was much he didn’t know about her still, even though they had been traveling together for some time yet. In addressing Eri’s statements, Jyn would assure, “since there’s three of us, everything should be alright if something comes up… but I doubt anything will happen. Seeing as how deep this hole is, it wouldn’t make sense for people to actually live down there because it’s not in a convenient place. I’m certain the ancients must have stored things here for safe keeping; since they’re all dead by now, there’s probably a lot of stuff there for the taking.” With a grin, he turns around and looks to her mentioning, “if there is something big and bad down there, I guess you’ll just have to protect us.” It seemed like walking down the stairs would take probably an hour or more, but while walking, just after Jyn’s words, the party did happen upon a small sparkling stone that intercepted the spiraling stairs. It was deceptively bright, sparkly and shining. Before actually indicating what he was doing, Jyn would murmur, “oooh shiny…” touch it, and then vanish from sight in a burst of light.

341 / 793
Back to top Go down
Rek
Veteran
Veteran
Rek

PostSubject: Re: Trek of the Camel Brigade   Trek of the Camel Brigade EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 12:56 am

The golden eyes look around at the structure around them as they walk down the long stairs that seems to takes forever to get to the end off. Seeing all the metal structures makes me feel a little home sick which isn't something that happens very often. I'm a little bit in a daze as Jyn tries to confirm Rashn's doubts about this being the right place.

I think a must have been around third-teen but we didn't walk down any steps. Mother used some type of lift to get to the lower parts...

I really wasn't paying attention to what Jyn was saying till he turns to look at me with his big grin. My eyes blink for a moment before I give him a nod as he gives me the task of protect the group if anything as to show up. "Sure I got you covered."

Wait that wasn't just some random place that we just happen to find. It was the great temple where the first Al'Bhed. Mother was showing me how to get into the secret vault where the ancients left us weapons to fight back the dragons of earth before they ascended to the other world.

Watching Jyn walk up to the shinny stone that intercepted the spiraling stairs. I stop thinking about what had past for a moment and focus on what was going on just in time to see Jyn vanish into a burst of light. "Hum..." I just stand there for a few seconds before look back at Rashn. "That looks interesting" Walking over to the bright sparkly stone to look it over before bring my finger up to touch it.

xp: 279/ 483
Job: Adventurer 7/28
Back to top Go down
Kiun
Intern
Intern
Kiun

PostSubject: Re: Trek of the Camel Brigade   Trek of the Camel Brigade EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 6:08 am

Despite being positioned in the group as the probable sole voice of reason, Rashn’s words had little to no effect. Was this situation one where he would instantly come to regret his participation, only to look back with fond laughter and smiles in the oncoming years? This was, of course, assuming he would survive this to laugh about it. “Yes, but they’re all dead. Something had to have killed them.” It was obvious the merchant was pointing towards the likelihood of whatever it was that finished them had been of their own doing. I mean, look at the damn thing! It was out in the middle of nowhere, in rather poor condition. Whatever it was that ended these ‘ancients’ clearly had the power to cause harm to a structure of this scale. Did any one of the trio have the ability to do anything similar? Doubtful. Rashn was sure he did not, though the status of his comrades was, as always, a mystery to him.

Apart from that, Rashn begins wondering the obvious: how, in the name of hell, did something of such size survive undetected in these wastelands for such time? It was easily visible from afar, but the group was expected to believe it had gone unraided? No, no way. If there were things down there, there were clearly traps afoot that prevented their retrieval by those who had located this place before them. Then again, it could’ve been unearthed by the natural movement of sands with the winds, and thus could’ve been actually only freshly unveiled, but the chances of that were minimal. Just as the merchant was about to point this out, though, his male friend seemed to disperse in a flash of light. Wide-eyed, the redhaired one would stare at the location where his friend had once been, more surprised than worried. ‘What-Da’-Fuck’ was essentially his reaction at that moment. Yes, in fact, if it were to be an emote, it would be labeled perfectly as /whatdafuck. Calling it anything else would be a gross under-exaggeration.

Much to his dismay, however, the obligatory female of the trio seemed to harbor a similar interest in whatever it was that Jyn had been focused on just prior to his disappearance. Well, it certainly was shiny. That was one of the main characteristics they had been searching for in this desolate place, right? With that understanding, Rashn could comprehend why Jyn had his interest piqued by it, but after seeing what it caused, how could Eri so easily maintain her composure when dealing with it? Was she absurdly brave, or crazy? Likely both, but still, such lack of fear inspired some respect from the merchant. Regardless, Rashn could not shake the desire to leave. Even if it would be considered abandoning Jyn. In business, if you lost something, you wanted to get it back, but you had to learn not to give up anything in a fruitless endeavor. There was no telling what happened to him, or if he was even still alive!

But, unfortunately, it was unshakeable: Rashn knew that, on the off-chance that Jyn still lived, he would need to rush in after him. Wasn’t that his job as a man? How uncharacteristic it would be for someone like him to stride in on a GAR-fueled raid (Rashn wondered what GAR was, anyway; he only knew it had something to do with being manly and not wearing shirts). Yet, the woman seemed interested in it, and, assuming she did indeed suffer a fate similar to Jyn in his disappearance, Rashn would begrudgingly walk up and do a similar gesture before being, of course, swallowed in one such similar clasp of luminance.
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

PostSubject: Re: Trek of the Camel Brigade   Trek of the Camel Brigade EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 6:38 pm

In a brilliant burst of light, Jyn would appear in front of the structure’s entrance. Having had an odd sensation just then, he would give his body a once over to make sure everything was okay before exhaling a sigh of relief, placing his hands to his waist and looking over the massive structure before him; it looked smaller from far away. Suddenly there is another burst of light as Eri pops into place beside him and another after that bringing Rashn along. With a cocky grin, Jyn motions to a floating orb to his side and comments, “so I found a teleporter!” His words were like he knew what it was, but for a moment there, he had been scared shitless when he had warped from one place to another.

Large ancient metallic doors block the path in front of them with a worn and unpowered panel to the side of it that looked as if it had once been activated by ancient technology but no longer worked. Looking at the door, Jyn inquires of his party, “any idea how to get this open?” There was probably a manual or mechanical lever elsewhere that opened the door or some manner in which other creatures or raiders were able to get in and out that were readily apparent by just standing in front of the thing.

244 / 1037
Back to top Go down
Rek
Veteran
Veteran
Rek

PostSubject: Re: Trek of the Camel Brigade   Trek of the Camel Brigade EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 6:49 pm

I blink for a moment as I am teleported from one place to another and Jyn informs me that he found it. I look over my shoulder at the floating orb. "hmm good job?" I'll add. That is a very interesting way of getting around and it would be nice if we could find some more that we can take back with us. Turning back to look at the large metal doors that are in the way of our path. Big metal doors are is either a really good sign that there is a vault somewhere on the other side or a really bad one and the door is there to keep something from getting out and not keep people from getting inside. With Jyn's question my golden eyes scan the door for a moment before I move forward to look at it closer for some sign of marking that by give his a hint on how to open the doors. My fingers tips rub across the worn panel, "Um it looks broken..." I look over my shoulder at the floating teleporting orb as I wonder why it was still working but the door that it teleports too isn't. Putting my hands on the metal door I start to feel around for an lever or something that will open it.

xp: 220/ 703
Job: Adventurer 7/29
Back to top Go down
Kiun
Intern
Intern
Kiun

PostSubject: Re: Trek of the Camel Brigade   Trek of the Camel Brigade EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 7:40 am

The burst of light had engulfed him, yet such a ‘light’ held no relief. Most of the missionaries or cleric-types he had met in his travels told of the softness, and of the comfort granted by such ‘the light’, and Rashn had always decided to go along with it for the sake of not arguing. Now, however, he would have concrete evidence as to its hidden dark side. Yes… the dark side of the light. Embracing himself lightly after the teleportation, Rashn would feel up and down his arms before moving to his legs. He could feel his body, but it felt like he himself was not actually there. Lightheaded, cold, whatever technology it was, he wanted none of it. Personally, of course. The uses of this for long distance transportation of goods would have made his mind spin on its axis were he not so bothered by a sense of personal invasion. It felt kind of like when that pedophilic doctor touched y—

Regaining his composure after the moment’s awkwardness, he would not truly understand the joke portion of Jyn’s speech, but could still somehow find lighthearted humor in it. Smiling in such a weird situation was something that befit the man he now called a friend, though his usage of the word ‘found’ seemed to be rather different than the merchant’s. In truth, how were they sure they were not the ones who were ‘found’ here? Bandits, evil spirits. All of those could be inhabiting this place, though as Rashn had no face to face interactions with beings of spiritual origin, he didn’t truly believe in them. But bandits! Bandits! They could have taken control of this large building-thing and learnt its secrets, though anyone dumb enough to need to rely on thievery to get by likely wouldn’t have the intellect required to figure out something of this level of technology. Still, with the material it was made of, the sound of their footsteps alone would travel great distances and alert anyone inside of their presence. After spending so much time out in the soft, soundless tracts of desert sand, the loud clanging of damn near every motion stood out like a sore camel toe.

Then, his attention is brought to the door, and how to handle it. He was not a fighter, like Jyn or Eri seemed to be, and his level of skill lied in the art of negotiating and buying-selling. It was… less than likely that would come in handy with moving a big slab of steel, let alone in the rest of the place. Rashn could feel his potential usefulness dwindling from his body even quicker than before. Determined not to be total dead weight, he would instead try to take up the mantle of ‘idea guy’. He lacked the physical strength necessary to be anything else, anyway. With Eri looking around the door’s face for an answer to their dilemma, the merchant would opt for another idea. “Maybe it’s not controlled up front here. Perhaps the control system is somewhere else? Like a line you hang your clothes from. The line can be across the street or yard, yet you control its movement from your home. There’s a chance there might be another room with a control panel somewhere nearby, or at least something that can activate the power for this area.” Though he spoke highly, the man’s idea of a control panel was more along the lines of two stick levers or a switch, and by power, he meant anything that activated by lighting a fire under it. Like a stove. How was such an advanced civilization wiped out while these cavemen were left, one might wonder.
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

PostSubject: Re: Trek of the Camel Brigade   Trek of the Camel Brigade EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 11:03 pm

Jyn’s gaze would follow Eri as she walked to the door and began to feel around it. Truthfully, his eyes were on her ass. She shook his head lightly as he thought about various things, one of which including barbecue sauce, before his attention was garnered by Rashn. Looking to the merchant, Jyn would see intellect in his answer and lowers this right fist into his open left palm as if understanding his words. The traveling map maker understood a good seventy four percent of what Rashn was trying to get across, but nodded as if he fully understood, stating, “good point, maybe we should spread out the search!”

About this area, there were several points if interest. One of which would be the fact that the teleport spheres were alive; this would probably only be noticeable if one were to look really insanely hard at them. Holding spiritual properties almost close to fairies a semi humanoid body of pure light there appeared like a ‘sphere of light’ at first glance would be its ‘petal.’ A magical illusionary bind actually would hide the stalk that kept it rooted into that particular location that is ‘hovered’ over. So basically it would be a plant but the only visible portion would be the ‘glowing sphere’ which is the blossoming portion of the ‘flower.’ The flower would still exist even if its stem was basically invisible, so if touched if could be felt even if not seen and the ‘teleport sphere’ would shift accordingly.

Another point of interest would be the worn panel that Eri had come across. It would have a small rusted metal latch on it, that when tugged would pull it open much like a circuit breaker panel. Inside the panel would be various switches that would not work, but there would also be a section to the side that had the answer text scribed on it ‘MANUAL OPEN SWITCH.’ Though none in the party would be able to decipher the text, there would be a lever to the side and a hole to the right of the lever that looked as if something fit into it. Beneath the hole would be a picture of a key.

As if proof that there were people in this area when the world basically came to an end, beneath basically twenty years worth of sand, there would be skeletons of the deceased ancients. One such expired body would be slightly visible next to an area of crates with its right shoulder protruding out of the sand. Also on said body, or next to it on a belt connected to the clothing that was covering the body, was a set of six keys, one of which matched the hole in the panel.

With his all seeing eye, Jyn took in his surroundings and stood before the door with his arms folded. Unaware of the clues around him, he would be devising a plan, albeit one that would probably fail, to take down the door by force. He rubs his chin and murmurs lightly to himself, “maybe I should punch it…”

566 / 1603
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trek of the Camel Brigade   Trek of the Camel Brigade Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1