Shintheory Role-Playing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shintheory Role-Playing

Welcome to the HUB of Shintheory Roleplaying!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sand Trek *

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Rek
Veteran
Veteran
Rek

Rep! : 14

Sand Trek * Empty
PostSubject: Sand Trek *   Sand Trek * EmptySun May 22, 2011 3:39 am

Sand Trek * Eri_1

Sand Trek
The day becomes late as my new found traveling companion and I make our trek across the harsh open desert. One has to be as hard as stone to travel these lands that is burning hot in the day and freezing cold at night. Having a map of the area would be a very helpful toot to have out here. But it did seem to take a little bit of the fun out of it. You have to get lose before you can really find anything that is worth finding. With the sun setting in the west, lighting the sky with a ray of reds, oranges, and yellows, my tall books lightly pat the rocky ground as we climb up to the top off the last hill. My hands come to rest on my slim hips as we over look the village of mud brick huts. A few torch lights start to glow in the shadows of the setting sun. It looks like a rather nice size settlement for the desert. I looks like it even may have a marketplace at its center. I reach up and pull the black scarf down from over my mouth and nose and look over at him through the dark lenses that shield my eyes from the sun . "Looks like we're made it here with a little bit of light to burn. Hopefully these is a place that can set us up for the night or we'll be camping out in the cold anyways. Something good to eat would be nice too. I'm starving!" I rub on my midriff. I had ran out of food a while ago and been living off of roots... They are not the tastiest thing to be eating.

xp: 290
Sand Trek * Eri_3
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

Rep! : 56

Sand Trek * Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sand Trek *   Sand Trek * EmptySun May 22, 2011 4:26 am

The journey towards the next village was as hard as it normally was. Though I traveled all the time, it was never really a cake walk, but today it wasn't as bad as other days and with my new traveling companion, there was no reason for me to not be in high spirits. With the appraoch of the evening it would seem that we were actually make it to the next village, and by out luck, this village seemed to be larger than the last. To me that meant that we must be getting closer to Rajeh. I stand a little in front and to the side as we overlook the village. Her words cause me to turn and glance at her for a moment, something I had been sneaking pretty much the entire day, before I return my gaze back to the village. "Yeah... I hope the people who live there are nice..." I comment, "but it's good that there's still a little light out. We might be able to find someone who will let us barter for a room." Looking to her, I ask, "It'll be a stretch to try to get room and board, so you want to see about getting a room and I'll see about getting dinner?" With that I meant go hunting; free food was always the best food to me.

Persona: Jyn'Rai | Timeline: 20 AD (Before reaching Rajeh) | EXP: 228 / 228 | Role: Adventurer
Back to top Go down
Rek
Veteran
Veteran
Rek

Sand Trek * Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sand Trek *   Sand Trek * EmptyMon May 23, 2011 6:36 pm

Sand Trek * Eri_1

Sand Trek
I give him a nod of agreement. Free food does sound good... My idea of free food is "whoops how did this find its way into my bag..." rather than going out and hunting it for myself. "Alright we'll meet back up in the village center." Part ways for the time being, I give Jyn a light weave as I walk past to head for the desert village, "Gokouun o inorimasu." The long ponytail of sliver sways back and forth across my body as my form walks into the village. The people of the village are getting ready for the night to come by locking things up and closing the shutter over the windows of their homes. A few merchants where still putting their wears away for the night. One of them starts to eye me as I walk by his cart. I guess he doesn't like the way I look... or he does like the way I look.... I give him a friendly wave till I feel something run into me from the side followed by a thump. "Huh?" I look down to find a little boy on the ground with a bucket of water. "Are you ok little man?"

xp: 201/491
Sand Trek * Eri_3
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

Sand Trek * Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sand Trek *   Sand Trek * EmptyMon May 23, 2011 11:11 pm

My gaze follows her for a moment as she walks past me, giving the affirmation and heading towards the desert. Of course the figure is noted, but I pull my eyes away to go ahead and get to the objective at hand. With the waning of the evening sun, I could find myself hunting in the dark, which was never a fun thing to do. Turning to look out into the expansive desert to the side, I knew that I needed to get into a stealth and hunting mode. “Battousai, you’re up,” I murmur lightly just before the persona switch whereas my hair straightens and my eyes dull just a bit. My right hand pulls a mask from my garments that covers the bottom of my face and my stance chances slightly. It would mask my breathing while mobile. Moving with increased speed, I swiftly shift away from the path that we had been taking while turning my attention onto the wilderness.

While traveling there were ways to move that established presence to coax animals off away from confrontation, yet there were ways of moving so that they were not alerted to your presence. I attempt to move in a way where I would not be easily detected. After a moment of crossing a short distance, I would come across a brush area. Small tracks alluded to the fact that desert rabbits frequented the area. My gaze shifts to a clump of desert roughage as my right hand comes to the hilt of my blade. If jackrabbits were going to be the pray of the night, I would have to move swiftly. My body slowly crouches as I approach the area with the metal of the blade slowly becoming visible as I inch it from its sheath; I could hear scurrying from the bush. In reaching near the area, my body becomes still and I hold my position almost like a rock on the desert sands waiting for my first glimpse of whatever small creatures may be living in the desert brush.

Persona: Jyn'Rai | Timeline: 20 AD (Before reaching Rajeh) | EXP: 366 / 594 | Role: Adventurer
Back to top Go down
Rek
Veteran
Veteran
Rek

Sand Trek * Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sand Trek *   Sand Trek * EmptyMon May 23, 2011 11:13 pm

Sand Trek * Eri_1

Sand Trek
I bend down and offer the little boy my hand to help him up as he rubs his head. "Y..Yes ma'am." He looks up as he places his hand in mine and his face turns red as he stare at the set of bronze breast that are on display in front of him. "S.. S.. Sorry! I didn't mean to look!" I pull him to his feet as he turns his head to look away. "Look at what?" My golden eyes blink as I'm confused by his apology. "N.. N.. Nothing! Um, are you a traveler?" I give a nod, "Un, a friend and I are passing through and I'm looking to see if there is a place for us to stay here for the night. You got any ideas?" The little boy nods to answer my question. "There is room at my place. My father shelter travelers all the time. Right now we have some merchants staying with us." I give the little boy a smile and pat him on the head. "Alright little man. Care to show me the way?" He nods and picks the bucket back up to lead me down one of the narrow streets. Coming to one of the large dwellings in the village.

xp: 209/700
Sand Trek * Eri_3
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

Sand Trek * Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sand Trek *   Sand Trek * EmptyMon May 23, 2011 11:26 pm

I watched and waited as if a thing of the desert, unmoving in this pre pounce position as I wait for movement out o the brush. My mind would be a little unfocused as I worried about the body I was in and the danger which it was being put in by Jyn’Rai. Compared to him, I trusted people less overall; I knew that I was the only one that I could depend on and that Jin required me to stay sane and alive. I didn’t often agree with the luxuries that Jyn’Rai took and felt that often when things when wrong, it was up to either me or Jyn’Ko to take care of things. Women seemed to be Rai’s weakness. There were short grumbling thoughts in my head, but soon the distractions are cleared as there is movement in the desert sand. A family of rabbits emerges cautiously from the bush; there were four in all. A large one, assumed to be the mother and three smaller child sized critters. The muscles in my body prepare for the attack as they tense up and I hone in on my objective. I would wait for them to come just outside the safety of the brush and with the tension built up in my legs, my body would burst into action with accelerated speed towards the meal.

Persona: Battousai | Timeline: 20 AD (Before reaching Rajeh) | EXP: 233 / 827 | Role: Adventurer

Last edited by aѕceпxion on Mon May 23, 2011 11:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rek
Veteran
Veteran
Rek

Sand Trek * Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sand Trek *   Sand Trek * EmptyMon May 23, 2011 11:30 pm

Sand Trek * Eri_1

Sand Trek
I follow the little boy inside and wait for him to get his father. He is a well dressed man that looks like he has been doing well for himself in his life. "So you need a place to stay for the night?" He rubs his chin as he looks me over. I give a nod to answer the question. "Hai, I have some items to trade for the services for a few rooms if would like to see them." He gives me a nod and I take my backpack off to roll out a cloth onto the table and place some items on it. He looks them over for a moment before picking out two of the items. "I'll take these." I give him a friendly smile. "You have a very good eye. How about just this one and this item here?" He pause for a moment as I offer him one of the items he had picked and one of the lesser valuable items I had to trade with. "You can use it to rub your back..." I add as he didn't look like he was going to take it for a moment. He nods, "Deal but only because of that cute face of yours. Ren will show you where the room is out back and I do ask that you stay out of trouble while you stay here with us." I give him a closed eye smile and a nod as he takes the offer. Rolling the items back up into the cloth, I pick up my backpack to follow the little boy to the outside to the back. The room was small with two cots and a fire place... it sure wasn't no hilton but it is better than sleeping on the ground with the scorpions. I pat the little boy on the top of the head, "Arigtou. I'll be going to meet up with my friend now." Walking back to the center of the village I will wait for Jyn to get there it he hasn't gotten back yet.

xp: 344/1044
Sand Trek * Eri_3
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

Sand Trek * Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sand Trek *   Sand Trek * EmptyMon May 23, 2011 11:45 pm

The family had been slaughtered as was necessary for dinner tonight. Though, in thinking about Battousai’s actions, he actually probably didn’t need to kill all of them as two or three might have done, but the little ones could have their bodies salted so that the meat would last longer or could be turned into jerky. Why leave loose ends? As Jyn’Rai, I found myself walking towards the village that Eri and I had come across with my bag strapped about my shoulders so that my hands would be free. In one hand, I held the mother and a baby rabbit by the feet upside down and decapitated, and the other hand held the other two bunnies by their feet. I had some dried roots in my bag, reminiscent of potatoes that were best edible when boiled that I figured would go good with this meal; I figured as long as we had a fireplace, I could make a descent meal. By the time I had reached the village, the rabbits had bled out from the whole decapitation thing, so they wouldn’t be actively trailing blood… anymore. Entering into the village limits, I would make my way towards the center of the village where I would see Eri waiting on me. With a welcoming grin, I speak, “hey. I found dinner; were you able to get someplace to stay for the night?”

Persona: Battousai | Timeline: 20 AD (Before reaching Rajeh) | EXP: 251 / 1078 | Role: Adventurer
Back to top Go down
Rek
Veteran
Veteran
Rek

Sand Trek * Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sand Trek *   Sand Trek * EmptyTue May 24, 2011 12:46 am

Sand Trek * Eri_1

Sand Trek
Seeing Jyn as he comes into the village center, I greet him with a friendly weave as I walk over to help him care the rabbits if he lets me. "Hai." Give him a nod as I look over dinner. "Found a nice little place to stay just down the street. You really got a good catch. If we dry out these hides after skinning them I think this one will make a nice fur to trade. And I'm sure they'll be tasty after pulling some herbs on them and cooking them up." I lead the way to the little place we'll be calling home for the night as I wonder how would be the best way to cook these little guys up after we clean them. If we make a rabbit stew I'll need to get a pot and some water. I do have some herbs and stuff to that I could put in them but not sure if the roots I have would taste any good in a stew. We could roust it, that is always a tasty way to cook some meat. We walk down the narrow street of the village before I turn and walk around to the back of the house. After walking across the yard to come to the door to our little two cot room, I push the door open. "Well here is home for the night... Hope you don't mind sleeping in the same room with a women. She isn't much but better than sleeping out in the cold. We even have a little fire place to cook our dinner at so make yourself at home and let's get these guys cleaned up and ready to eat!" I give Jyn a smile.

xp: 290/1334
Sand Trek * Eri_3
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

Sand Trek * Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sand Trek *   Sand Trek * EmptyTue May 24, 2011 1:37 am

As she walks over, I lift up a handful of bunny to her since she offered to help carry them. I jokingly comment, “stealing from me already” in a teasing manner as I hand the couple of rabbits off to her. There’s good news as I hear that we had a place to stay at and I nod agreeing with the fact, adding a “yup” that they would make a good fur trade. I follow as she begins to lead the way looking around the village to get a feel for it as we walked through it. Eventually we come to the house of question and the door is opened to the room we would be staying in. It seemed to have everything we would need for the night. I walk in making the off comment to counter hers, “oh, you’re a woman?” as if I hadn’t noticed, “now I’m going to feel a little bashful.” My gaze shifts to the fire as I further comment in entering the interior of the room, “and a romantic fireplace too… oh my.” I look towards her smile and comment, “you have to at least give me flowers first.” Reaching the base of the fireplace and set down the rabbits in my hand on the floor. Using my sword to kill them would be a bit of overkill but I had a small non combat knife that was more a very common eating utensil than anything else. I sit on the floor in front of the fire pulling my bag from over my shoulder to look into it for my things so that I could get a start on preparing the food.

Persona: Battousai | Timeline: 20 AD (Before reaching Rajeh) | EXP: 275 / 1353 | Role: Adventurer
Back to top Go down
Rek
Veteran
Veteran
Rek

Sand Trek * Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sand Trek *   Sand Trek * EmptyTue May 24, 2011 3:24 pm

Sand Trek * Eri_1

Sand Trek
I snicker at his comments about my stealing and the room as I set my pack down onto my chosen cot. So he is one of those guys that likes to be funny. It isn't a bad trait for a man to have, and the best one to have for a traveling companion. I long hours of wondering the unknown places of the land feels even longer when you are with one of those 'I'm too cool to smile...' people. I blink for a moment at the comment about the giving him a flower, "A flower?" I murmur the question to myself as I set the little bunny's down next to Jyn. "I'll go out to get some water for the pot. Picking up the bucket in the corner, I walk outside to fetch some water from the water urn outside. Coming back inside I set the water bucket down. "hmm so the women give flowers to the ones that they wish to mate with in the tribes of northern region..." Walking back outside to get a bundle of firewood to bring back with me. "In my tribe the costume is for the man to offer a feather to the woman. And on the next night of a full moon the two battle each other. Till the female either places the feather in her headdress if she sees him fit to take as a mate or the male is saw to be weak and is turned down. Sometimes even killed." Places the wood into the fire place and lighting the fire. I look back at Jyn, "So roast or stew?"

xp: 270/1604
Sand Trek * Eri_3
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

Sand Trek * Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sand Trek *   Sand Trek * EmptyTue May 24, 2011 5:36 pm

My gaze shifts to the side as the bunnies she held are sat to my side then returns to my bag as I fish out the small previously mentioned utensil. Hearing her words, I comment, “okay” right before she leaves me to fetch some water. During this time, I make myself comfortable cross legged in front of the fire place, leaning over the rabbits that were laid in front of me. Using the small knife, I cut into the skin of the mother first, making an incision the length of its body before poking two fingers between the muscle and the skin. Since I had previously cut off the head of the rabbit, that step was done and I was able to just peel the skin and fur off with minor cuts here and there. I toss the rabbit’s hide to one side before returning to the creature before me. Starting at the bottom of its chest, I run the knife all the way down to the bottom of its stomach. Using the knife, I scrap out the insides, spilling the guts and intestines out of the formerly furry critter. I look back up as she comes back in and sets the water down. The answer to her observation was kind of; within this span of time, men should have figured out that if you give women pretty stuff they do things in return; at least in Mare Maris. I then notice her out and back in speaking of her customs as I place one finished rabbit to my other side and reach for another. “Feather, huh?” I just kind of observe, hearing her words. I wondered if that was primarily for marriage or if they even had casual or recreational sex where she was from. With the question posted, I answer, “roast.” Placing down the bloody rabbit and knife, I pull a tattered cloth from my bag which I use to wipe my hands before digging further and pulling out four potato-like roots. I sit them down for her and comment, “I don’t have any herbs, but if we boil these we can eat them with the meat.” Since it was somewhat interesting to learn about a new culture that I hadn’t before heard of and since I held an inquiring mind, I ask offhandedly, “is that a one-time deal or do women collect feathers?”

Persona: Jyn'Rai | Timeline: 20 AD (Before reaching Rajeh) | EXP: 416 / 1769 | Role: Adventurer
Back to top Go down
Rek
Veteran
Veteran
Rek

Sand Trek * Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sand Trek *   Sand Trek * EmptyTue May 24, 2011 6:39 pm

Sand Trek * Eri_1

Sand Trek
Hearing that he would like it roasted, I take the cleaned rabbit and run the BBQ spit through it before setting it up over the fire to be cooked. I glance at the four roots that are put out for me. "I think I may have some to go with them. Moving over to my bag. I have to think for a moment a on his words as I was not sure what was meant by one-time deal. The items in the pack jingle as I dig around inside of it. "A women can collect as many feathers as she wishes... and can mate as often as she wants... Ah here we are." I pulling my hand from the bag, to remove a small drawstring bag. Pulling it open I look inside of it check the contents inside of it before returning to the fire. Pouring some of the water into an iron pot before putting in the roots and adding some of the herbs to it. Putting the pot on the fire, I sit down to watch it closely as it cooks. "How are things done in the coastal regions? Can you receive as many flowers as you want?"

xp: 200/1804
Sand Trek * Eri_3
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

Sand Trek * Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sand Trek *   Sand Trek * EmptyTue May 24, 2011 8:14 pm

I move onto my third bunny in the process of getting it skinned and prepared with my three little piles: one for the fur, another for the intestines and guts and the third for the meat. As the answer is given, I come to the conclusion that her people must have gotten off by fighting, because that seemed like a lot to go through for knocking the boots. I also figured it would make puberty rough for those who didn’t fight. And what of the artistic guy who speaks deep into your soul? If he can’t kick your ass, then he’s using his hand? A small grin comes to my face as I think on this while I dig the knife into the current rabbit I was on, pulling its guts from its stomach. As the question is redirected back to me, my gaze is still down as I was moving to the next bunny; I shrug and comment, “I think so, but I think it’s less of requirement than a nice thing to do. That’s more often when a man and a woman are going to remain exclusive to one another. It may be for a different level of romance than mating. In the opposite of that, I’ve come across several villages where men just trade items to mate with a woman. I guess at that point it’s not really mating, it’s more like playing for a service though.... I guess it depends.”

Persona: Jyn'Rai | Timeline: 20 AD (Before reaching Rajeh) | EXP: 265 / 2034 | Role: Adventurer
Back to top Go down
Rek
Veteran
Veteran
Rek

Sand Trek * Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sand Trek *   Sand Trek * EmptyTue May 24, 2011 9:42 pm

Sand Trek * Eri_1

Sand Trek
I listen to his words as I turn the spit to cook the rabbit. It seem that my tribes way was rather unique as far is it compares to the other tribes. Or everyone else was careless in regard of their actions. It seems barbaric to run around like a slut that will spread eagle for a few scraps that I could easily just take from someone without them knowing it. That seems to require more skill then just letting some man poke you while you act like you are enjoying it by screaming at the top of your voice. I give a nod, "I have experience that type of trade before. The man was not happy when I took his offer and did not give him the service he was looking for." The roots finally begin to boil and I stir them a little bit as I add a little more herbs. I hope that it will give them a good taste but cooked roots was already a step up for raw roots. I glance over at the other rabbits that had been skinned. What do you plan to do with the rest of the rabbits?" I pull the spit off the fire as I inquire about the rest of them. Pulling out a small knife I cut into the side of the rabbit to make sure it was all cooked and offer the piece to Jyn.

xp: 238/1804
Sand Trek * Eri_3
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

Sand Trek * Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sand Trek *   Sand Trek * EmptyTue May 24, 2011 10:09 pm

“Oh?” I raise an eyebrow finishing off the last bunny and sitting it down to my side. My right hand moves to the cloth that I had previously removed from my bag to wipe my hands and use it to clean off the utensil that was used to help skin the rabbits. After wiping it off, I toss it back into my bag and use the cloth to finish wiping off my hands before bundling it up and setting it near my bag. After that, I merely sit reclined with my hands and arms propping up my sitting position. I wonder what she meant by him not getting the service he was looking for; I knew that obviously he didn’t get sex, but I wonder what he ended up getting instead. I figured it was probably better for me not to ask. When the surplus rabbits are reference, I answer her question, “We can eat as many as we need to tonight and then salt the rest for the travel coming up. If they have a few supplies in the morning, I can probably cure the meet to make it last longer for snacks while traveling. I’ll probably eat a whole one tonight with the roots and one in the morning.” I lean forwards as I reach out and take the piece of meat from her. Eating it, I smile and nod, “pretty good” before learning back and waiting for it to be done. I comment kind of just as a spoken though, “we should definitely be able to make it into Rajeh by tomorrow evening…”

Persona: Jyn'Rai | Timeline: 20 AD (Before reaching Rajeh) | EXP: 270 / 2304 | Role: Adventurer
Back to top Go down
Rek
Veteran
Veteran
Rek

Sand Trek * Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sand Trek *   Sand Trek * EmptyTue May 24, 2011 11:11 pm

Sand Trek * Eri_1

Sand Trek
I return the smile with a nod. He seem in approves of the taste of the rabbit. Pulling it from the spit I set it on a metal plate and get two of the roots out for him. I hand it over to him before place one of the smaller rabbits on the spit and putting it over the fire. "Un, it shouldn't take us that long to get there. On my way into the village I noticed that some of the merchants where carrying wares that where from Rajeh. So we could even take our time in the morning and still make it there by tomorrow evening I believe." I watch the food cook over the fire for a few moments as I turn the spit. "This man you are looking. You said you will most likely stop traveling when you find him. Mind if I ask why he is so important to you? Your description of him seem a little vague for him to be a lost family member. Let me guess he owes you for something right?" My eyes stay on the fire as I ask the question about the man in the cloak with the marking on his right hand.

xp: 204/2008
Sand Trek * Eri_3
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

Sand Trek * Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sand Trek *   Sand Trek * EmptyTue May 24, 2011 11:46 pm

I reach out for the plate that’s offered to me and offer a light thanks for her preparing it for me. I continue to sit cross legged in front of the fire place and set the plate in front of me. My body twists around as I reach for my bag and pull a water bottle from it. I pull a secondary one off and slide it over to her before returning my attention to my plate to begin to eat the dinner that was prepared. Walking all day had gotten me pretty hungry and normally I ate alone, or rather as alone as a person with multiple personalities could get; the company and a woman’s touch made tonight a treat for me. I nod at the words that we should easily be able to reach Rajeh while biting into the side of the meat provided; then it was confirmed, that much was good. While eating, I hear the question come in, I answer casually, “oh, he killed my family. Him and some other guy did when I was a kid.” I was kind of over the point where I would get emotional thinking about it or talking about it; Jin was the only one who was really sensitive about that issue. I conclude after chewing and swallowing, “so I guess he owes me three lives. I don’t know if I’ll ever find him, but if I do then I think I’ll kill him and try to figure out what to do next then.”

Persona: Jyn'Rai | Timeline: 20 AD (Before reaching Rajeh) | EXP: 253 / 2557 | Role: Adventurer
Back to top Go down
Rek
Veteran
Veteran
Rek

Sand Trek * Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sand Trek *   Sand Trek * EmptyWed May 25, 2011 10:42 am

Sand Trek * Eri_1

Sand Trek
Giving a nod of thinks for the water as I pick it up and take a drink from the bottle. Jyn doesn't seem to mind telling me about the man in the cloak and some other man killing his family when he was just a kid. He seems rather casual talking about it so I take it as he is over the fact of losing his family. I did understand him wanting to kill this person as I think I would do the same if someone was to harm my own family even though I do not see them that much. Pulling the spit form the fire I have a look at the small rabbit that would be my meal for the night. "I am sure that you will find some peace and a new path will open for you after that day comes." Taking a bite out of the small rabbit I nod in agreement at his earlier statement of it being good. It was nice to have some meat on the table for change. Let alone so much of it. He must be a really good hunter to have gotten so many in such a sort amount of time. The golden eyes look over him with a glance.

xp: 210/2218
Sand Trek * Eri_3
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

Sand Trek * Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sand Trek *   Sand Trek * EmptyWed May 25, 2011 3:45 pm

“Heh, thanks,” I say as she offers her words to me. When that day came, I wondered if it would really bring me peace. That was assuming that I could win. Still, it seemed like every third person who I said that to had mentioned something about the path of revenge being like quick sand or leading to something bad. I was getting pretty used to hearing people’s opinions since I asked a lot of people about the man I was looking for. Their question was always the same in asking why I was looking for the man whenever I inquired information about it; question for question. With that, I simply witnessed the world as being inquisitive when it came to things like that and didn’t think too much on it.

I continue eating the meal before me enjoying the taste of the roasted meat. For a moment I was in my own thoughts as I ate the food with my gaze lingering on what was in my and as it decreased in portions. I thought about various things including the trip tomorrow and the plan of action once I got into Rajeh. For a moment my thoughts lingered to my mother; I still didn’t know if she were actually dead or alive since her body was never found at that time.

Moving from the food to the water, I take a swig before wiping my mouth with the back of my fist. I move to the roots, biting half of one before chewing and swallowing and then taking another swig of the water. After that, if she were still looking at me, I would catch eye contact in looking up, if not, I would glance over her for a brief moment. On looking at her, I ponder the fact that I had never seen golden eyes before. Aside from being pretty they were unique, at least to me. During this time, I don’t say anything more; I just continue eating my meal to finish it off and enjoy the atmosphere for now.

Persona: Jyn'Rai | Timeline: 20 AD (Before reaching Rajeh) | EXP: 359 / 2916 | Role: Adventurer
Back to top Go down
Rek
Veteran
Veteran
Rek

Sand Trek * Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sand Trek *   Sand Trek * EmptyThu May 26, 2011 1:40 am

Sand Trek * Eri_1

Sand Trek
My eyes would have return back to my plate of food as my shape fangs bite into the cooked roots as Jyn would be looking back at me. The herbs really did something for the taste of the roots. I wasn't thinking about much at this point in time as I feed my face and get stuff around my mouth. It isn't a sight that most men would find to be appealing. Unless he was the type of guy that found a chick that drinks beer while watching the sport with one hand down in her pants a turn on. I pick up the water and take a drink before I finish up my meal in a timely fashion.

Standing up I stretch my body with my arms over my head before The belt around my waist is undone and pulled free. "Well it feels like it is time to get some sleep." I sit down on the cot to pull off my boots and unhook the indigo stockings from the garter belt before pull them off. "Oyasuminasai" My body comes to lie down in the cot as I pull my legs up into it to make myself comfortable. Sleeping on something other than the hard ground will me a nice change for a night's sleep.

xp: 216/2424
Sand Trek * Eri_3
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

Sand Trek * Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sand Trek *   Sand Trek * EmptyThu May 26, 2011 6:12 pm

The completion of my meal leaves nothing left but scraps and bones. The unwanted leftovers were discarded, tossed into the fire to be burned up. My hand reaches for my water, chugging the rest of what was in the bottle before the back of my fist is brought to my mouth, wiping it. The emptied water bottle is sat down. Looking up, I notice that it didn’t seem like Eri was too far behind me in the department of finishing up. I watch her as she stretches and makes the proclamation of sleepy time. With a nod, I offer a simple, “good night” as a counter response to her. It was when she starts to taking off garments that my head turned as I figured it wouldn’t’ be polite to stare. Of course the thought was strong to peek, but instead I decided against it. It wasn’t like she was completely naked or something. My gaze eventually shifts back to her to notice her lying on her cot with her body curled. It was about that time for me too, but before that, I had to get something out of the way. It was his time to practice for the night before going to sleep and though it was a drag, it was much like a routine. I look back to the fire and stand to my feet. Leaning over, I pick up my blade and head outside. On exiting the door, my hair straightens and the bulkiness of my body creases slightly as I shift into the form of Battousai.

After the persona swap, I would spend the few hours or so in the fields outside of the village honing my fighting style. I wouldn’t have a particular opponent in mind, I would just be going over the basic exercises I did to make sure I was comfortable swinging my sword, building up my stamina and technique. After the training session, I would return back into the village and head to their well. With it late, I would strip down to my undergarments and basically use my undershirt as a cloth to give myself a makeshift bath. After that, I would wash my shirt and ring it out before walking back to the room.

When I was done, I would head back to the room, shirt and upper garments in hand with my shoes and lower garments on my body. My form would shift from Battousai to Jyn’Rai once more. By now the fire would be slowly going out, so after dropping my clothes by my cot, I would walk and get a few more pieces of fire wood to toss into it. After that, I would make my way to my own cot to lie down for the night. I take off my shoes at the edge of my cot, sit down on it and then lay back as if coming down from a sit up. My arms are folded behind my head and I close my eyes. It wouldn’t take long for me to drift to sleep.

Persona: Jyn'Rai & Battousai | Timeline: 20 AD (Before reaching Rajeh) | EXP: 520 / 3436 | Role: Adventurer
Back to top Go down
Rek
Veteran
Veteran
Rek

Sand Trek * Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sand Trek *   Sand Trek * EmptyFri May 27, 2011 12:51 am

Sand Trek * Eri_1

Sand Trek
I sleep soundly through the night. Getting to sleep on a cot is a real treat for me. I didn't wake till the light of daybreak touches my body through the open window. My arms comes across my face to shield my eyes from the light before I step up from the cot to place my feet on the floor. Standing up I let out a yawn and stretch out my body was I move around the room to pick up the water bucket as I go outside. Walking over to the urn full of water dip the bucket into it before walking back to the room. The bucket is sit down on the floor next to the cot as I sit back down and take my top off so I could clean my body with a cloth rag. It isn't as nice as real bath where you can sock your body in the water that herbs and oils to make you smell really good. Something like that is very rare in the desert. When I finish I get dressed and ready to travel again. When Jyn wakes up and sees me I'll have him a casual greeting of "Ohayou." with a friendly smile. "I think I'm going to check out the market before we leave this morning."

xp: 218/2642
Sand Trek * Eri_3
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

Sand Trek * Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sand Trek *   Sand Trek * EmptyFri May 27, 2011 7:01 pm

By the morning, the fire would have gone out leaving only ashes in the fireplace. On the comfort of a cot, I would have found that I’m able to sleep quite well. I would still be shirtless from how I had laid down. I would be on my back, with my head to the side resting on my left bicep and the other hand resting on my stomach just above my crotch. Luckily there would be no scratching and shifting in my sleep, something that may seem a little unrefined. Still, I was no pretty sleeper by any means. The sound of Eri moving around wakes me as I shift lightly and open my eyes to see her topless and cleaning off with a cloth. For a moment I am surprised, but I quickly close my eyes back since I assumed that she thought I would sleep longer. Of course, since it was the morning and since she was topless, I couldn’t stop any processes of morning wood from occurring, so I would shift slightly to turn on my side to put my back to her. I wait for her to finish and get dressed before I would slowly pretend to wake up for the morning. I stretch as I get up, an internal grin within with a normal expression on the outside. With this, it would seem that I am waking as she is on her way out. Getting up, I walk to the side of the fireplace and stoop down to pick up my shirt, which should have dried by now. “Hold on,” I request, “I’ll go with you.” I dress and get my shoes back on and such before grabbing the bag that held my various things and then move towards the door. With a glance to her, I would confirm, “ready” and allow her to lead the way to the market.

Persona: Jyn'Rai & Battousai | Timeline: 20 AD (Before reaching Rajeh) | EXP: 317 / 3753 | Role: Adventurer
Back to top Go down
Rek
Veteran
Veteran
Rek

Sand Trek * Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sand Trek *   Sand Trek * EmptySat May 28, 2011 4:05 am

Sand Trek * Eri_1

Sand Trek
I give Jyn a nod at his request to wait for him to go to the market. I finish packing my backpack as he gets dress before moving to wait at the doorway till he gets finished with his things. Turning to the door and walking out of the room that was our home for a night. It was a good little home that did well but now it was time to move on. Fair well cozy little cot. Walking out through the yard and into the street, my eyes glance up at the clear morning sky. It looks like it'll be anther nice day to travel but that could change easily if I windstorm gets worked up. The smells of fresh baked bread drift past my nose as we move down the street. The little trade village was waking from it slumber and starting to come alive. The merchants have set up the shops and already trading their goods. Walking around to have a look at a few of them before seeing an item that catches my eye on one of the merchant's carts. "Oi, I want to see that." The merchant turns to look as I point at the curved blade that looks like the one I already carry. "Ah you have a good see Miss." He picks it up and places it into my hands. "This blade is of fine quality." I pull it from the sheath to look at it closer. "Where did you get it from?" The blade shines in the morning light. "I traded for it just the other week from a tall bronze man with silver hair." He looks at me for a moment. "Just like yours." The blade is placed back into the sheath and placed on the make shift table before I set my pack down to pull out a roll of cloth that is rolled out to show the shinny items that was wrap in its folds. "I'll trade you these for it." He looks at the items I offer and gives a nod. "Deal." I trade the items for the blade, placing on belt facing the opposite side of my other one. I glance over at Jyn to convey that I'm ready to go whenever he is.

xp: 378/3020
Sand Trek * Eri_3
Back to top Go down
Dice Roller
Veteran
Veteran

Rep! : 5

Sand Trek * Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sand Trek *   Sand Trek * EmptySat May 28, 2011 4:05 am

The member 'Eri' has done the following action : Dices roll

'[ Novice ]' :
Sand Trek * Alpha
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

Sand Trek * Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sand Trek *   Sand Trek * EmptySat May 28, 2011 7:43 pm

The smells of the village would reach my nose as we walked making me hungry and reminding me that I still had to salt the meat from before. I had forgotten to do it the night before, but luckily the desert got cold at night, so as long as I did it before it got too warm, it should still be okay. I follow along with Eri as we walk through the village coming across the area where the merchants would have their wares set up. Something seems to catch Eri’s eye and while she moves to speak to someone about an additional claw blade, I look at a booth set by a competitor that was on the side. I am pulled over by a “psst” and the promise that his items and deals were better. With a grin, I move to the wrinkled, bald and elderly looking merchant’s booth and look over the assortment of items. He had things ranging from pin wheels and hubcaps to weapons and armor. Looking up from the wares to the merchant selling them, I greet, “you have a lot of junk here, old man.” The merchant snickers as he comments, “I see you have a sword there on your back. That’s nice, but I have this…” He points to a katana that was similar to the one that I had on my back. He comments, “if you haven’t been taking care of your sword, it can get dull. I just had this re-sharpened by the best blacksmith in this village. You can’t go wrong with having a back up sword.” With a look of slight disinterest, I make the off handed comment, “hmm, I guess you’re right. I don’t really need one, but what kind of deal are you going to give me?” The old man motions to my bag with his focus on it, commenting, “what do you have?” I look between him and my bag. Placing it on the ground, I open it up and mention about ten items that I could possibly barter with him, explaining most of them to be from the coastal regions consisting of precious colored stones and shells that go as currency there. I had a few lumps or ore that came from the desert mining areas, some useful utensils as well. Looking to the merchant, I inquire, “how good of a deal can you give me?”

Persona: Jyn'Rai | Timeline: 20 AD (Before reaching Rajeh) | EXP: 413 / 4166 | Role: Adventurer
Barter Roll
Back to top Go down
Dice Roller
Veteran
Veteran

Rep! : 5

Sand Trek * Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sand Trek *   Sand Trek * EmptySat May 28, 2011 7:43 pm

The member 'aѕceпxion' has done the following action : Dices roll

'[ Novice ]' :
Sand Trek * BETA
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

Sand Trek * Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sand Trek *   Sand Trek * EmptySat May 28, 2011 7:52 pm

As it turns out, the man would want me to trade him 6 of my items (Value (0.9) = 5.5) in order to purpose the blade from him. I mull over the thought for a little while, and then assume that I would rather carry the blade than the items that I didn’t use any more. I could always pick up some more in my adventuring. With a nod, I give confirmation to the sale and the male smiles. The transaction is made where I give up my stuff and he gives me what I want in the end. I find myself holding onto a new blade, much like my traveling companion. With her looking to me that she was ready to do, I would kind of tell by my conversation that I had gotten a better deal than she did, though I wouldn’t say anything about it. It could have been the fact that I got a good merchant or that the merchants were chauvinist and I was a man. I would have Eri hold on just a little bit longer while I got a few essential supplies such as a pack of salt. After that I would revisit the room that we had called home for the night to proceed in salting the meat to prepare it for travel. I would ask Eri to fill all of the water bottles during this time if she hadn’t already done so and also make sure that we had all of our things before skipping town. When all was ready, I would have two blades on my back in an X formation, my bag, items and fully stocked water with some provisional snacks for the road. When Eri was ready, we would leave the room and make to the edge of the village to proceed with the rest of our traveling in the direction of Rajeh.

- 6 Very Common items
+ 1 Katana (Common)

Persona: Jyn'Rai | Timeline: 20 AD (Before reaching Rajeh) | EXP: 320 / 4486 | Role: Adventurer
Updated

Last edited by aѕceпxion on Sun May 29, 2011 12:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rek
Veteran
Veteran
Rek

Sand Trek * Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sand Trek *   Sand Trek * EmptySun May 29, 2011 1:56 am

Sand Trek * Eri_1

Sand Trek
I wait as Jyn picks up a few supplies he needs to salt the meat that was left over from his hunt yesterday evening. While he is doing all of that I take the time to go restock our water at the local water well for the journey to Rajeh. I really didn't think I would find my little brother their but you never know what could happen. I could end up getting some good items to trade from there. Or I could end up getting into a lot of trouble there. I have heard rummies of chieftain of the Rajeh from a few nomads that I have run across well traveling the desert. Few good words were given to the Rajeh chieftain that has self asserted himself as the rule of the desert. I personally didn't have a problem with whatever the man wanted to call himself. I know the truth, that the only thing that rules these desert is the spirit of the sand and wind. From this village it shouldn't take too long to getting there. And maybe we can find a really nice place to stay once we get there. One with running water... and a bath. That would be really nice. After feeling up our water. I meet back up with Jyn at the room to leave the village. Walking a little stager from him. The golden eyes look him over with his new blade. He seems to be rather handy as a travelling companion. Too bad he is a little short or he could give good offspring as a mate.

- 7 Very Common items
+ 1 Katana (Common)

xp: 266/3286

Sand Trek * Eri_3
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sand Trek * Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sand Trek *   Sand Trek * Empty

Back to top Go down

Sand Trek *
Page 1 of 1