Shintheory Role-Playing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shintheory Role-Playing

Welcome to the HUB of Shintheory Roleplaying!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Return of the Camel Brigade *

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Kiun
Intern
Intern
Kiun

Rep! : 10

Return of the Camel Brigade * Empty
PostSubject: Return of the Camel Brigade *   Return of the Camel Brigade * EmptyTue Jun 14, 2011 4:47 pm

Lonesome: it was… odd, to say the least. That was a word Rashn had never used in conjunction with himself since long ago. It wasn’t since before he met the old Gray Merchant that he had ever used ‘lonesome’ to describe himself. He had always been comfortable and happy in his solitary lifestyle. There were no complaints, no sorrows. Whenever he needed company, he had his camels at his side. They were great listeners, but subpar at keeping the conversation going. Socialization was covered by his business as a merchant, and he even had people in various towns he could consider as ‘friends’. But, he had no one to travel with him, no one to really share his daily life, or his woes. He never spent any real length of time with anybody, and he never really cared.

This, all of it, was the reason the red haired one found himself confused. Setting foot on Rajeh sand for the first time in several days, it felt good to be off of the carriage once again. He enjoyed travelling, but he also enjoyed stretching his achy old limbs every now and again. It did not help that this trip had been quite different than any he had taken since his days as an apprentice. Not because he was working under a superior, or because he was part of a full-fledged caravan once again, but because, for the first time in a long while, he had travelled as part of a pair. He had not been a lone traveler roaming across the sands this time, but in fact, something of an employer. In some ways, he had actually hired that man to ‘protect’ him, though nothing actually happened that required it, and he had paid with a ride to the man’s destination. This was all well and good. Nothing was actually lost, as it had been right along the way he himself was going, but… it caused him to remember that word. Lonesome. After so much time, travelling with another person had brought that word back into his life again. Though this time, unlike before, it was not as an emotion, but as a question. He still had no complaints, nor any sorrows, but the idea of loneliness lingered in his mind again after so long. To be blunt, he had enjoyed the company, and had made a fair amount of money on the trip. But, it was still there in his mind, probably due in fact to his outright enjoyment of the whole ordeal that, perhaps, the result would be that the loneliness would once again creep into him.

This was, of course, all speculation. He had no immediate feeling of regret or lonesomeness. It was just another bit of mindless rambling, which was natural when one had to travel the great distances of the desert. There was no need for concern, and all of it was just likely overthinking on his part. “Well,” Rashn would begin, stretching his tired body, “We’re back.” This was, of course, to the man who had caused all his overanalyzing, who he had shared the long trip with. The merchant would turn as he spoke to him, and hope he was still alright. It was likely this whole event was as new to him as it was to Rashn, though as the business of a ‘mapmaker’ was fairly unknown to the auburn merchant, he very well could’ve been used to it. “You think you can still walk?”
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

Rep! : 56

PostSubject: Re: Return of the Camel Brigade *   Return of the Camel Brigade * EmptyTue Jun 14, 2011 5:50 pm

Hot: it was… very to say the least. It was enough to make someone wonder if the people of the desert were really undercover masochists who enjoyed torturing themselves. Though I did well to bear the heat for a person coming from the northern territories, but still, there was a limit to the amount of the sun’s blessings when mixed with the smell of warm camel ass and the dung that lackadaisically, or sporadically, plopped from it. Though I knew the sun, as my mistress, loved me and wanted to embrace me with all she had, it would have to be an unrequited love if this were the effects of her attention. During the trip to our destination and back, I did well to keep my head covered, but moving I feared the worst… that blisters would form on my rear end from the unforgiving seat that made me wonder if walking was actually better. But that was just silly.

All and all, I had gotten lucky. I had ran into a ‘friend’ who gave me a lift to the closest town where I was able to pick up something forgotten and it all seemed to be along the way of the Merchant that I was traveling with. Though hired as somewhat of a guard, I didn’t actually have to do anything, which was pretty cool. Now with that over and our many hours of manly bonding coming to an end, Rajeh would welcome me, pulling me into its bosom quoting words of protection from the over loving embrace of the sun. Civilization! At the time of arrival, pulling my body slightly up from the bench of the cart, my feet press against its floor board as the question comes in and I answer with a straining, “maybe” as I stretch out my body arching to the side in an odd manner and attempting to return blood flow to my left butt cheek. I relax in my position with my gaze shifting upwards to attempt to get an accurate feel for the current temporal setting as dictated by the narrator. After that, my attention shifts back to Rashn as I make the comment, “you probably have a lot of stuff to get loaded? You need help?” Looking into the city around us, “you got a place here or do you stay at temporary dwellings here and there?”

423 / 423 (Jyn'Rai) | Flashback (20 AD)
Back to top Go down
Kiun
Intern
Intern
Kiun

PostSubject: Re: Return of the Camel Brigade *   Return of the Camel Brigade * EmptyTue Jun 14, 2011 10:50 pm

There was no immediate answer from the merchant, as he looked around as if confused as to his location. It would seem he was lost? Or, perhaps just assessing everything. In his eyes, it looked as if he was feeling a tinge of nostalgia, like he was missing the place on the trip. It would be quickly buried, however, as he turned back to his friend, and his wagon. “No, I don’t have to unload anything. Everything stays in this carriage here, and I sell from here. All I need to do from here is check in and be given a location from which to set up.” It was then that he would have to answer the question about lodging, and he would again pause. The question itself was not a hard one, or anything like that. It was just… how should he answer it? He did not want to come out and say ‘no’, though that was what the answer really was. Despite doing fairly well for himself, he had no real home of which to speak. “My home is what you’ve been staying in. This carriage is it.” As he says this, he pats it lightly on the sides as if to reinforce the point. “With all the travelling I do, having any set home would just be a waste of money. I fare fine with just the carriage and an overhead tent. If I have the room, I’ll lay on the sand. If not, I sleep on the wood.”

Being a merchant was hard: it required people skills, time, dedication, knowledge of ‘prices’, but more than anything, sacrifice. You needed to be ready to give up just about anything, and unfortunately, that often meant giving up a good night’s sleep. He couldn’t remember the last time he actually slept on something along the lines of an actual ‘bed’, and the only times he ever had it was just a rock slab with some cotton strewn across it as cushion. “Regardless of all that, why’d you want to come back here with me?” Perhaps he was interested in that race event they had been sponsoring lately? But… wasn’t that taking place out in Labrum, or something to that effect? “You don’t seem like someone who would actually live out here. I thought you wanted to get out of this place.” In retrospect, there were several things that could’ve brought him back here. Family, work. Maybe it was a girlfriend? It didn’t matter to Rashn, but as they were ‘friends’ now, as strange as that word was to him, he felt it would be disrespectful if he did not at least attempt to make friendly conversation with the other young man.
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

PostSubject: Re: Return of the Camel Brigade *   Return of the Camel Brigade * EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 12:21 am

There is a pause as I look to him, so I redirect my gaze forwards as he takes his time to answer. I at least felt to myself that I was getting to know him and his mannerisms a bit better than a stranger during this trip. Soon words come; sweet words bearing information within them. I take in the answer to my question. With my arms folded, I nod as I understand his housing condition expecting the answer ‘don’t be silly, I have a large estate’ for some reason. I’m caught off guard when that is not so, and I find that I was in his current abode. My face contorts as if confused, but I swiftly correct it, smile and nod, “I see…” With that, it was a good thing that Eri had secured a place to stay for us while in the city and it was also good that I wouldn’t have to help the merchant load and unload supplies. When the questions turn back on me, I clarify, “well, I actually just needed to pick up something in the village we went too that I had left. You helped me out a lot on that. I had to come back because I kind of have a traveling partner that I’m with. She should be at the place we’re currently renting… somehow she’s skilled at talking people into letting us live in spare places.” Thinking on the place we were staying, I offer, “it’s got plenty of room if you don’t want to sleep in the open. You can stay with us while we’re in this city if you like?” Offering was the least I could do for my new friend who had selflessly assisted me… plus, if I could get into a ‘I scratch your back, you scratch mine’ relationship with a merchant, it would probably work out for the good of me in the long run.

326 / 749 (Jyn'Rai) | Flashback (20 AD)
Back to top Go down
Kiun
Intern
Intern
Kiun

PostSubject: Re: Return of the Camel Brigade *   Return of the Camel Brigade * EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 1:25 am

Rashn would visibly flinch as the offer over lodging came his way. It was unexpected, but more than anything, it somewhat outright frightened him. Thoughts flew through his mind of what it would be like to spend time with friends, enjoying breakfast while laughing and smiling. Sharing times both happy and sad. Logically it was a great opportunity, and he should be largely indebted to Jyn’rai for it, yet for whatever reason, there was an upsetting, nauseous feeling sitting in the pit of his stomach over the idea. Did it have to do with the fact he would be sharing a roof with a woman? He was never too handy when it came to the fairer sex, though for whatever reason he doubted that was the true answer. “Thank you for the offer,” he began, struggling again to find the right words to convey his answer. “But I couldn’t impose. I’d be coming in late and leaving early, and I wouldn’t contribute to any of the housework.” Not that he’d know how to contribute anyway, having never actual lived in a home before. “And what’s more, I don’t want to get in the way of you and your girlfriend. I couldn’t live with myself. You know, as a man and all.” It was uncharacteristic of him to talk like such, and his friend hadn’t explicitly mentioned his female friend and him being in ‘that’ kind of a relationship, but he wanted to shift the progress of the conversation around.

In reality, he knew he had something to do, ever since they had left Rajeh the first time. It was on his mind back then, but just as an afterthought. With all the spare time he had to think to himself during the trip, however, he realized it was something he needed to do, and soon. His plan was something of a scare for him, since it involved leaving the desert for the first time in his life, and he had no idea of what to expect beyond the mountain borders. He had considered asking his friend here for some advice, or even his companionship in the matter, but he was never good at asking for favors, or things like that. It probably stemmed from the same thing that made it hard for him to accept such acts of hospitality as the one he had just been offered.
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

PostSubject: Re: Return of the Camel Brigade *   Return of the Camel Brigade * EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 4:33 pm

“Shot down,” I observe to his answer; still Rashn didn’t seem like the type of person to accept such a thing. To me, he didn’t seem like the type of person who would depend on another. From what I had been picking up on his personality, he seemed almost if not more awkward than Battousai when it came to matters of human interaction. With a nod, I would accept his answer without really accepting his answer. My voice would linger into, “but not having lived in a home before? That’s not good.” I decide that the original flaw with the initial request was that it didn’t have a definite time span on it, so I would retry with something more subtle as I would continue, “but since you did give me a ride for two days, we least allow me to offer you a shared roof for the same amount. It would make me feel terrible since I didn’t have any duties to fulfill in protecting us on the way there and back. And don’t worry about your manners and the woman…” My gaze shifts into more of a thoughtful one as I admit, “she’s not my girlfriend, just a traveling partner. I’m no closer to having sex with her than I am with having sex with you…” I frown notably, “that’s actually not a good thing… I don’t want to get caught up in the friend zone, after all…”

252 / 1001 (Jyn'Rai) | Flashback (20 AD)
Back to top Go down
Kiun
Intern
Intern
Kiun

PostSubject: Re: Return of the Camel Brigade *   Return of the Camel Brigade * EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 5:08 pm

A creeping feeling of sadness made its way through the cracking rocks of Rashn’s emotional wall, as his friend seemed genuinely saddened that he had turned him down. It certainly wasn’t the reaction he was expecting, as he figured that Jyn would most likely be happy not to have to deal with him in his home. Was he actually hoping for a ‘yes’? Weird. Just more things Rashn never learned, it seems. Though the comment about sexual activity gave him something of a weird vibe, he was able to ignore it relatively easily and brush past the matter. “Yes, friend zone is… bad.” In all honesty he didn’t really understand what he was getting at: all he knew was, he would be no help there at all. He was not lucky enough to be born the sterling pearl of awesomeness that was God’s Gift to Women. If anything, he was born as God’s Curse to Other Merchants, due to his success in the matter of ripping people off. Hell, he was not even sure if a thing such as ‘God’ truly existed anyway, but that did not change the fact that he would be unable to assist his newfound friend in his sexual endeavors with his bunk-buddy.

For a moment, he considered trying to cheer his comrade up by pointing out his own philosophy, being that sex and love were not mutually exclusive: they were, to at least some degree, inseparable. Love would lead to sex, or sex to love, and from there it was marriage. And to the merchant, marriage was just a big, fancy word for ‘giving up half of your hard earned stuff’. As such, he had absolutely no interest in it. His plan was just to get old, and fat, and rich, marry some young woman for her body as she would marry him for his money, and die. However, that thought was likely one that would do more harm in sharing than good, so he decided silently to himself to ignore that idea. Best not to speak negatively like that in front of a friend.

“Two days, huh?” This was said more to himself than to anyone in particular, as he would be going over the offer in his mind. He really, really did not want to be a bother in anyway… but how much of an annoyance could he be in just two days? A good, real rest might be good for him, especially with the trip he was planning going to be so soon, and the merchant race that would follow after that. How did he get sucked into that, again? It mattered not. All that mattered was that, from most likely a mixed desire to both not upset his friend, and to at last sleep in a real bed, he was leaning towards accepting the offer that was made towards him, with such kindheartedness. “…if it’s only for two days, then… I guess I could.”
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

PostSubject: Re: Return of the Camel Brigade *   Return of the Camel Brigade * EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 6:18 pm

“A smile comes to my lips as the topic of sex is ignored for now with the acceptance of the offer. It seemed like his hard outer skin was being whittled down; soon I would be at the fleshy soft inner core that would eventually cause him to undergo a paradigm shift filled with lens flairs, energy bursts and happiness. “Good,” I nod warmheartedly as my arm lifts and my finger points into the interior of the city in whatever direction we were heading at the moment, “then onward, to the temporary housing area…” After looking around the area I come to the conclusion, “we might have passed it though…” Either way, it wasn’t important, I inquire, “you should know Rajeh and its streets pretty well, right? I’m assuming you’ve been here for a while? If you didn’t have a particular place to go ‘home’ to… where exactly are we heading right now?” It would be rude of me to simply reset out course without having full knowledge of where we were going and if it were important for us to go there. For all I knew, he could have had a woman he wanted to visit before settling down… nah.

217 / 1218 (Jyn'Rai) | Flashback (20 AD)
Back to top Go down
Kiun
Intern
Intern
Kiun

PostSubject: Re: Return of the Camel Brigade *   Return of the Camel Brigade * EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 7:06 pm

“We’re going to meet with one of the senior merchants.” His voice is calm as he says this, his personality resetting itself back to the norm. No longer would he be flustered or confused. All that remained, was his serious business side once again. “I need to get my assigned location for peddling, and get these guys –“ he motions towards the two camels leading the wagon, “—settled in. Give them their feed and their water.” It was then that a secondary tinge of guilt struck for but a brief moment before he dismissed it away. What would he do with the camels? Some houses had little ‘racks’ where you could rest a mount or two, but even if they were left inside, their smell could easily invade the interior hull of the home and harass the inhabitants. He wouldn’t allow that, but, then were they to stay alone the whole night? Abandoning his only lifelong friends like that made him feel bad, but he was sure they would not be harmed. He could allow them to stay in the tent for the night, and no one would mess with them, or his goods, as anyone who would do so would quickly find themselves hated and outcast from the entire merchant community of Rajeh. If there was one thing you did not want to do, it was steal from a merchant. Even if you were to steal from someone’s enemy, that person would still most likely cut off all business ties with you. That was just the kind of bond all merchants had. Nobody liked a thief.

Brushing that aside, Rashn had finally remembered exactly which part of the city they were in, so he knew where he was to be going. With the reins gripped firmly in his hands, he would pick one of the long, bustling pathways that twisted and twirled throughout the city, and point the carriage down it. “We need to go this way, check in, and then move the carriage to the assigned location. After that, I can guide you back to the rental district. Most of the time it’s not particularly far from where the travelling merchants are set up.” This was due to the fact that, much of the time, people who were renting abodes were interested near exclusively in making purchases in the city. They would come, settle in, buy what they came for, and leave. It was commonly ore, as was the city’s specialty, but it was not so simply limited to that.
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

PostSubject: Re: Return of the Camel Brigade *   Return of the Camel Brigade * EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 10:35 pm

“Ah,” I am able to understand seeing as there was a plan with all of this after all. Rashn seemed like too well put together a guy to not have an objective in mind, so there was really no need to question him in hindsight. I winced slightly on the hitting of a bump which caused my rear to scream in agony. Thinking about some of the items I had to barter, I had half a mind to purchase a prostitute for the sole purpose of massaging my ass. Something with like an aloe vera type plant would probably be best… but she would have to have gentle yet firm hands. My nose further wrinkles as I wondered if one of the camels had just farted right now.

Either way, with the game plan set in motion, I would agree with an “okay, boss” nonchalantly as I felt that I was just along for the ride at this point. I probably should have checked in with Eri, but I assumed she would be fine; I told her the trip might take a day or two. Inquiring a bit about his job, I ask, “so are you part of some type of guild or are you working up to something like that?”

212 / 1430 (Jyn'Rai) | Flashback (20 AD)
Back to top Go down
Kiun
Intern
Intern
Kiun

PostSubject: Re: Return of the Camel Brigade *   Return of the Camel Brigade * EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 1:28 am

As the two of them travelled through the streets, Rashn leading the camels by foot and Jyn resting casually on the carriage bench, he would rub his chin inquisitively at the question of if he was in a guild or not. Technically, he was, so the outright answer was simple, but there were more specifics than that. “You could say that I am. Though, it’s only in name. They know I do good business, so I can represent them well as a merchant, and they give me information on good deals that their merchants pick up around the desert. It helps both of us, as their reputation goes up, and I have ears in different places. Trust me when I say this: nothing hears more than a merchant guild.” Of course, if it was a small merchant guild against a large espionage guild, they would lose… but an equally sized group would always come out on top. Doing business with so many different kinds of people lead to learning some interesting secrets. All just part of the perks, in the end.

Turning down one of the ‘backalleys’, or whatever would be considered as such in the desert city, Rashn would return with a question of his own. “So, you said you make maps. What exactly does that entail, anyway? Do you have an employer, or do you just sell to random people? Is that all you do?” He found it odd that he would make his entire living off of just drawing on paper, though knowledge of the landscape was invaluable no matter who you were, so it wasn’t too strange. Seemed like a pretty sweet job. “And, what does that girlfriend of yours do? Does she work with you?”
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

PostSubject: Re: Return of the Camel Brigade *   Return of the Camel Brigade * EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 1:52 pm

I would take the tip as he mentioned the information gathering capabilities of the merchant guild. If I ever created an empire or something like that, I figured that could be useful; still I had no gumption for such an endeavor, at least not under the current persona. “I see,” I would not accordingly at this point simply absorbing the information as it was offered to me. When the question comes about my maps, I would comment, “basically, it’s just paying attention to the area around you…” Thinking over it a little, I would admit, “though it’s a bit more complex than that. As some point in time, there has to be a unit of measurement that lets you know how far something is from something else. The pros have set measurements they use, but it took me a little while to figure that out, since I normally walk and I started out with using days and half days as a way of measuring distance… I’m getting better, but if I have a rough premade map of an area, it helps. As long as there are landmarks around, it helps also. Places that are just long with nothing really there are the hardest to map. I guess I also use number of steps as well… It makes sense in my head, but maybe not so much with me trying to explain it.” I chuckle sheepishly at myself trying to explain this. I just make the maps for me. I don’t report to anyone, I’m just a normal adventurer. I find things and barter them to get by.” Since he had mentioned something about Eri, I would remind, “…and she’s not my girlfriend… we don’t really work together per say… she’s from this weird desert clan that believes women are dominant over males, so I think she sees me as a house wife. She’s kind of the warrior type, but I think I could probably take her in a battle…” I probably would have to in order to get in her pants.

362 / 1792 (Jyn'Rai) | Flashback (20 AD)
Back to top Go down
Kiun
Intern
Intern
Kiun

PostSubject: Re: Return of the Camel Brigade *   Return of the Camel Brigade * EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 3:18 pm

So that’s how it was. Days and half days? Well, those were certainly good units to measure things by, if one could rationalize the speed the mapmaker was travelling at. While for someone on foot it might take, say, two and a half days to get there, with my camels pulling me along, it’d probably only take us the greater part of two days. Though, with the speed some people can travel, even on foot it might be faster than that. It was a nice thought, however: being able to tell someone not how far the distance between point A and point B were, but how long it would take them to get there. They would just need to normalize the travelling speed. If that could ever be done, Rashn would certainly be interested in a map like that, though not so much for the desert as he pretty much knew by now exactly how much time it took to get from anywhere in the desert, to anywhere else in the desert. Still, it’d be helpful when he left.

Brushing that aside, as his friend finished talking about his girlfriend’s warrior-woman upbringing, they would arrive at their first destination to get their ‘parking spot’ while in the city. It was fairly simple, only requiring them to run up and give the officer their names and be given a number, then they’d find a pole which had the same number engraved on it. The officer on duty would instantly recognize Rashn, who would in turn introduce Jyn and assure the man that he was with him. The entire process wouldn’t take more than a minute.

The carriage would, from that point, be able to move on to their final destination for the day, and Rashn would attempt to continue the conversation. “I see. But, that’s not too bad,” he begins, speaking more now out of philosophy than out of actual thought or opinion. “If she sees you as a housewife, then that just means you’re an important part of the household. Even housewives have sex with their husband. How should I put it…?” What he wanted to say, was that even if their normal gender roles were reversed and it was the woman who came home from a long day at work and ravished the male sexually and all, it was still sex so it was all good for the man. That sounded like a good thing, and an easy life style, but it would probably go against a man’s pride, so he couldn’t outright say that. “Look at it this way. If she views you as a housewife, that’s more than a friend, so you’re already out of the friend zone. Besides, how long have you known her? It’s gotta’ take some time, I bet. She’s not one of the whores you’ll buy out here in the streets.”
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

PostSubject: Re: Return of the Camel Brigade *   Return of the Camel Brigade * EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 6:27 pm

As he camels are pulled up to some type of destination be it structural or otherwise, I would observe that this was the place where we would be stopping. When the cart had come to a halt, I would pull my weathered and worn rear end from the bench and perform a short hop to the ground, now having a chance to get my ‘land feet’ back about me. “Oh yeah… That’s good,” I murmur lightly as I arch my back, stretching as if I were some type of lazy dog having gotten off of the porch for the first time in a while. Turning my gaze to my traveling partner, I catch up with him as we proceed into the area of focus and he performs the tasks that needed to be performed. Though I wouldn’t speak, I would lift my hand in a short chop-wave when introduced, presumably as the body guard.

Swiftly in and swiftly out I walk casually alongside Rashn as we return to the camel carts. I would walk aside Rashn this time opting out of anymore buttocks abuse and when the conversation is resumed, my gaze would be taking in the surroundings and attempting to memorize location based landmarks or interesting and memorable structures. Turning to him, I frown lightly at the notion that it wasn’t bad for a man to be subservient, at least in terms of power, to a woman. When he brings up the point that house wives got banged, my face clears and I look ahead with a shrug seeing a point made there. Hearing his further points, I would nod and comment, “you do have a point there. Though I don’t know if I gave myself too many liberties by saying I was that close to her… maybe that’s the role I need to fulfill. Vying for strength with her might just lead to troubles…” I give a light sigh as we continue. Still, I didn’t know if it would be much beyond banging due to the complexity of the situation. Though I liked her, the persona of Jin deep within me was dead set on marrying Meloli in Mare Maris; since he was the original persona, his wishes would have to be fulfilled, right? After all, I was created for his purpose. Of course, none of this was information Rashn needed to know; it was a bit early for me to let him know that I was insane.

430 / 2222 (Jyn'Rai) | Flashback (20 AD)
Back to top Go down
Kiun
Intern
Intern
Kiun

PostSubject: Re: Return of the Camel Brigade *   Return of the Camel Brigade * EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 8:13 pm

“Follow your heart.” It was a simple, quiet sentence. There was no air of elegance or loving emotion that flowed through it. In fact, it was outright cold sounding, like he himself did not really believe it. No effort or care was placed into the words. But, this was not due to doubt, or lack of interest. It was not due to lack of belief, but because of the simplicity. There was no questioning of the authenticity of the idea behind it. It was just something to be accepted point blank. An all-consuming ideal. “If you have to butt heads with her, do it. If you think you should sit back and let her take the lead, do it. You seem to question yourself a lot on this matter. As a merchant, the first time you question yourself while your bartering with someone, you’re opening yourself up to lose. Against a skilled opponent, at that point, it’s all over. So, have some self-confidence. Don’t worry about little things and just act on the moment.” Rashn knew it was not so simple, yet, as complex as relationships were, they could be simplified. Stutter stepping around different topics meant nothing would get done and it was guaranteed failure. Even if someone doesn’t know the proper way to go, ‘no-path’ is generally not the correct path. “You can’t get anywhere standing still.”

With that said, they would arrive at their setup spot. It was bare, save for a worn patch of dirtsand, no bigger than twelve feet by twelve feet at best, and the wooden stake which had their particular numbers engraved in the face. Rather unspectacular. From here Rashn would need to set up the tent overhang and rest the camels for a moment. He would, of course, leap back into the driver’s seat and motion for Jyn to stand clear of the beasts, before ‘backing them’ into the area and pulling the large, tied up thin cloth from the back of the caravan. That would make the overhanging portion of the tent, when combined with a handful of long, thin sticks also hidden in the carriage’s back. It would take a moment to set up, and was rather sloppy looking, but what could you expect? Rashn lived well, but it wasn’t like he was rich. When it was finished, he would return his attention to his friend once again. “Well, from here we need to get you to the temporary dwelling area, yeah?”
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

PostSubject: Re: Return of the Camel Brigade *   Return of the Camel Brigade * EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 8:54 pm

“Follow my heart, eh?...” my thoughts linger on his words wondering if there were some deeper meaning behind those. Since it wasn’t a catch phrase of this world, it would seem more profound than if it had been said in another world. From the cold and emotionless way he said it, I knew he probably meant it and was trying hard to cheer me up; I wouldn’t let his feelings go to waste. His following words were even more profound than the previous. The phrase ‘you can’t get anywhere standing still’ seemed to resound within me pretty well. I nod thoughtfully at the suggestion as I begin to agree that I did seem to have a lot of questions and no answers. I would have to work on that and not be so undecided. Men who weren’t able to make decisions never got the women, much less a harem of them.

When we arrive, my gaze shifts to look at what he was doing since there was no initial verbal indication of what was going on. I step back and away from the animals as he sets up the temporary shelter for the animals. I wondered for a moment if they would be okay, but since this looked like something Rashn did on a regular basis, I wouldn’t question it. I would give a nod and agree, “right” when it was time to keep on moving. With that, I would begin walking in the direction that I thought the temporary dwellings would be. With a fuzzily fair amount of knowledge of the city thus far, I felt I could at least get us in the general location, and once there, I could find the house with relative ease. Moving the topic to him, I inquire, “so is this going to be it for your life? Continuing being a merchant, or are you striving towards something?”

334 / 2556 (Jyn'Rai) | Flashback (20 AD)
Back to top Go down
Kiun
Intern
Intern
Kiun

PostSubject: Re: Return of the Camel Brigade *   Return of the Camel Brigade * EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 9:09 pm

“I want a shop… and that’s it.” To be honest, Rashn never really thought that deeply on the subject. Sure, he would have wild dreams here and there. He could pretend he had all the wealth in the world and ran a merchant empire guild that stretched from sunrise to sunset. But that would not get him anywhere, and was just for fun. Most of his serious thoughts were preserved for actual bartering. All he knew, was that it was generally every merchant’s dream to have a stable place to call home and work. It was much less dangerous that way, too. For whatever reason, he thought that everything else would just fall into place once he was situated with a shop of his own. It didn’t make much sense, really, but he couldn’t help but feel that way. Most merchants seemed to think similar, though with how long it took the average person to get a real shop, they had plenty of time to do such thinking. It would take ten years, if not more, on average just to save up enough money and raise enough clout to be considered as a shop. Having money wasn’t enough, after all, if nobody would buy from you.

But it was a simple question, and a simple answer. Jyn’rai seemed like a respectable and kind soul, so he had no reason to lie or to overemphasize his plans. He would tell the truth, no matter how large or small a tale it was, and he would follow behind him steadily as he left the closed tent to its own devices. Hopefully he had at least some semblance of where he was going, but Rajeh wasn’t so large that anything was more than an hour or two’s worth of a walk, so even if they wasted time looking, they’d no doubt find it before nightfall. Rashn wasn’t worried. Walking came naturally to him, so however long Jyn’rai took was fine. He was in his debt, after all, after accepting his kind offer to stay with him, something he was still having doubts about to this point. He hoped his friend’s girlfriend liked him. Or, at least, didn’t hate him. “Other than running a shop, I have no real goals. Maybe make a merchant guild of my own one day, but that’s about the wildest of my fantasies that even has a spark of hope of becoming true to it.”
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

PostSubject: Re: Return of the Camel Brigade *   Return of the Camel Brigade * EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 10:27 pm

“That it?” I would echo after him before grinning and murmuring with a nod, “then I’ll get you a shop one day.” It was a bit of a jest, seeing as ‘that’s it’ would indicate that it may be something easy to simply go out and procure. Hell, it could also be a promise if I just happened across a shop one day; there’d obviously be no reason for me to need it. But in thinking about it, I could see how a shop would be better than a traveling merchant, but I knew things such as that, especially here in Rajeh, had to be a lot more complicated than simply acquiring a building and selling things out of it. There were probably a lot of steps just associated with getting the things to sell… complicated and complex things that someone with a mind like Rashn would have to figure out. Luckily in my profession, all I needed to do was KS and forward P.

As we continue to walk, I assure, “if it’s you, I’m sure you’ll be able to at least run a shop. That could be the gateway to your own guild if you get enough people who are tired of doing their work solo.” But since I didn’t know about those things, I wouldn’t say anymore than that on the topic. Since my dreams weren’t inquired, I wouldn’t go into details, since I already told him my purpose when we first met. I was as straightforward and single minded as they came. “Oh!” I remember thinking back on the fact that he said merchants were great information finders, “have you seen that symbol anywhere or ran across any interesting dark mages?” I think I may have given him one day maybe… though it may have been a couple more than that after we both left the city. If the answer was a simple no, the follow up would be, “so what’s the difference in what’s needed to own a shop and to own a trade cart like you already have?”

359 / 2915 (Jyn'Rai) | Flashback (20 AD)
Back to top Go down
Kiun
Intern
Intern
Kiun

PostSubject: Re: Return of the Camel Brigade *   Return of the Camel Brigade * EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 4:01 am

“Well,” he began, only just now remembering the whole situation he had described to him when they first met. “That symbol, no. But as for black mages… well, I suppose that would be a no as well.” Rashn had not met any since their introduction, though he had in fact heard of some people who supposedly practiced the dark arts passing by recently. People like that were becoming more common these days, wandering around and learning black magic or something along those lines. Weirdos. But, as long as they didn’t want to buy from him, Rashn had the luck that he didn’t have to deal with them. Once he leaves on his trip, however, he’d likely run into more and more of those kinds of people. He heard that a lot of those were found over the mountains and through the woods. That freaky animal-lady came from there, or so he thought, so she was a perfect example. Despite all of those freaks, unfortunately, he was no closer to finding anything about Jyn’s symbol. “Overall, I’d have to say that, no, I haven’t. Sorry.”

But then would come the other question, and Rashn would quickly help in the changing of subjects. “Well, with a cart, you have to be willing to go on little sleep, and you don’t get to make your own hours. You travel a lot, which is both a plus and a minus I guess, though I could do without it. You also have to spend more money on your ride and the steeds you use to pull it along, so that’s another hit to your income. Most merchants respect store owners as well, and are somewhat intimidated of them, so you can really throw your weight around if you own a shop. It helps in negotiating. What’s more, if you’re good enough to have a shop, you probably have a decent supply of backup goods stored, so unlike being a travelling merchant, you don’t have to make a sale every day. If you fail once or twice, the hit isn’t as large.” He would continue talking, his mind obviously into it with the passion and way he was talking. Once you sucked him into it, it was hard to drag him out. Even with all the hardships and annoyances it held, it was the only true constant in his life, and he loved it for that. Kind of like a wife suffering from spousal abuse, maybe? Could you have Stockholm Syndrome towards your career?

It was then that a thought hit the man. He knew it was unlikely he would even be spending much time in his friend’s home, sleeping there or not, and it was possible that they wouldn’t even see each other during the whole time. But, what if they did? Wait, was his girlfriend even expecting him? No way, there was no way they could’ve been in contact since he was offered to stay. What would her reaction be towards him suddenly staying over? And what’s more, if he didn’t meet her right now, and the first time they met, Jyn was not there, how would he explain things? “Err.. Pardon me for asking, but… is your girl—friend,” he made sure to separate the two words this time around, “at home right now?”
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

PostSubject: Re: Return of the Camel Brigade *   Return of the Camel Brigade * EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 5:27 pm

The ‘no’ wasn’t too much of a letdown. With a shrug, he brushes it off with a simple, “that’s okay.” There was no need to apologize for not being able to perform the impossible, which in this scenario would be having knowledge that seemed nonexistent. My mentality shifts from that to follow Rashn words about the wonderful world of marketing. I nod slightly while listening to him, trying to understand fully his goals and the pros in reaching them. “That’s cool,” I manage towards the ends of his explanation. My eyes of understanding had been enlightened and I learned a little bit about the difference between shop owners and cart pushers. My gaze shifts to him for a moment with the question about Eri before I return my gaze forwards and answer, “well, you can just call her Eri for now; that’s her name. As for whether she’s at home or not… I have no idea. She tends to come in and out like a house cat. If she’s not there now, she’ll probably come walking in late tonight or something. She’s here looking for her brother much like I’m looking for The Dark Mage of My Past, so that’s keeping her busy. I’m sure as this is a new place she’d want to get out and explore it as well. She’s not the type that would want to stay cooped up in a house unless it was to sleep.” Remembering his social penchants, I inquire, “are you bad with women?”

272 / 3187 (Jyn'Rai) | Flashback (20 AD)
Back to top Go down
Kiun
Intern
Intern
Kiun

PostSubject: Re: Return of the Camel Brigade *   Return of the Camel Brigade * EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 12:25 am

Bad with women? Well, no.. err, yes, bu-… It was an accurate statement, and Rashn argued with himself over its validity in his head, but due to it being born out of sheer inexperience, it didn’t really feel like all that much of a ‘fair’ statement. His expression turned slightly sour at the question. He really didn’t want his friend to think less of him as a man, and it seemed that men rated other men on their manlyhood based upon their success with the fairer sex, so he was in somewhat of a dilemma here. “It’s not really that,” he started off, though he wasn’t exactly sure how to follow it up. “I just don’t deal with them that much, so I’m not really used to them I guess.” While that was somewhat true, he dealt with women merchants all the time. But, anything that had to do with merchants was different. He wasn’t sure entirely how, but he knew that it was.
“I never had a mother or any siblings so I didn’t learn, and there weren’t any women in my portion of the guild caravan I apprenticed in, so I was out of luck there.” It didn’t help that he never met a woman he really liked. They were okay, but never good. They came in two flavors as far as the red merchant was concerned: Decent and Dislikable. There was no Likeable Category for them, or, at least, he never found a member of it. Weird though… with all the travelling he did, and the people he met, he should’ve met one by now… perhaps he just attracts the annoying/evil type? “Well, I’m sure I’ll like… Eri, you said? I think we’ll get along. Decently.” Hopefully, at least. He wasn’t very good at being able to pretend to like people. He could pretend to DISLIKE people, or at least, people told him they were given the vibe he disliked them when he didn’t due to his serious outward expressions. Often he wondered what he really looked like. Was he really that intimidating looking?
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

PostSubject: Re: Return of the Camel Brigade *   Return of the Camel Brigade * EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 6:20 pm

“Hmm…” I would nod while walking and listening, “that makes sense... I guess there’s not a lot of women who are merchants out there…” After hearing the rest, his answer made more sense. I had grown up with a mother and after that, I lived a few years with Meloli and her family, which also included a mother. Someone like him with little to no exposure to women… there was no telling if he were properly socialized into this world. With a nod, I confirm, “I’m sure you and Eri will get along fine…” I didn’t really know about that, but at least I hoped it to be true. If she saw any weakness in him, he might be in a situation where he would find himself annoyed, but for someone who seems as patient as he was, I was certain everything would work itself out for the good. Looking around I would make the comment, “the area around us is starting to look a little more familiar. I figure we can’t be that far from the house we’re staying at. It’s made out of sand with a cloth door and has two levels… it’s kind of like a box shape.” With that, I accurately described just about every third house that we would eventually pass. Reaching back on something previously touched upon, I would ask, “so what are your thoughts on men who purchase women at taverns or things like that? You seem almost as if you would be neutrally lawful… is that about accurate?”

274 / 3461 (Jyn'Rai) | Flashback (20 AD)
Back to top Go down
Kiun
Intern
Intern
Kiun

PostSubject: Re: Return of the Camel Brigade *   Return of the Camel Brigade * EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 7:33 pm

The encouragement from Jyn’rai helped – albeit slightly – to put Rashn’s mind at ease. He knew the two of them, so if he thought they would get along, then there was no reason to worry. Despite only knowing each other for a handful of days, and only actually meeting twice, he believed that he could trust this other man, and if that was being purposely blindful just so he didn’t have to face the possible reality that he and his friend’s woman wouldn’t get along, Rashn was perfectly fine with that. Sometimes, ignoring bad things is the best way of dealing with them, especially if the only harm they do to you is done to your emotions. “When it comes to selling women, I don’t really have too much of a problem with it. As a merchant, I often view everything by its sale value, so I can understand wanting to sell something that would fetch a nice price. Honestly, if the woman is doing it out of her own desire, then I don’t see a thing wrong with it at all. When it gets to the kidnapping and slavery selling parts…” he stops here, looking for a way to word everything. Talking with people in a non-business sense and trying not to offend anyone is quite tricky, apparently. “I don’t agree to it, but, then again, everyone’s got to make a living somehow. I think it’d be more of a crime to let yourself and your family die of hunger than to go out and make money, even if it means forcing misfortune on other people. The strong survive in this world, after all.” It was like the bandits he had met in the desert just two or so days prior. He hated them for trying to steal from him, but it was more of a hate on them as bandits, not as people. Rashn knew they needed to find some way to put food on the table too, and if that was the only option for them, he would have to unfortunately apologize for not allowing them to have their way with his stock.

But that was in the past, and there was nothing to do about it. Right now, Rashn was just happy they were apparently nearing their destination. Even if the way it was described was a very common style of housing, he assumed that there was some outside marking Jyn could use to differentiate between them. A number, probably. Like an address, if that was so much as known to this world. “Either way, I’d never partake in the trade of people. Too costly. You have to feed them, cloth them, give them shelter. And what’s more, they can run away. It’s like someone stealing from you, except it was perpetrated by your own stuff. All in all it’s a total hassle, morally and financially. My respect as a merchant goes out to those who can find a way to make it work.” Lawful neutral was a fair assumption of Rashn overall, but when it came to business dealings, true neutral was probably more realistic.
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

PostSubject: Re: Return of the Camel Brigade *   Return of the Camel Brigade * EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 8:01 pm

“I see,” I comment in response to his words; so it seemed that my assumption had some merit to it. After a good amount of walking, it would seem that we had finally come upon the place that I temporarily called home. It didn’t really set apart from the other buildings, but I was able to recognize it well enough. The building itself was pretty much merged into another sand complex much like a duplex only not as sophisticated. Sand stair led up and around to the top, or second, floor, the main area for us to enter into the building. The windows had wooden sticks in them to serve as bars for lack of glass or metal and there would be lines running from one building to the next with various rugs and clothing hung from them to dry in the desert heat. Various pots of all sizes lined around the base of the structure with a sparse population of what looked like the middle lower class populace of the city.

Leading the way, I would step onto the first step and walk up to the rear of the house through the patterned cloth door. Shifting it to the side, I would enter into the shade of the house. Looking around, it would be immediately apparently that no one else seemed to be there. I comment lightly, “so Eri doesn’t seem to be in…” before turning and looking to Rashn and inviting, “well, take a load off and make yourself at home.” Giving a grand tour of at least this room, I would point out, “there’s a small table thing in the middle and…” I would look from wall to wall before finishing, “…well that’s about it for this room.”

With that, we would have made it to the temporary housing and Rashn would have his formal invite to stay with Eri and myself for a while.

339 / 3800 (Jyn'Rai) | Flashback (20 AD)
Back to top Go down
Kiun
Intern
Intern
Kiun

PostSubject: Re: Return of the Camel Brigade *   Return of the Camel Brigade * EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 9:03 pm

Without any real feedback on the conversation of selling people, Rashn was not entirely sure how his friend felt about his opinion. Was it different, or the same? Well, he didn’t seem to be offended by it, so there was no problem there. As long as he didn’t think of him any less. More important was the fact that they finally arrived at their destination, which, while not particularly grand or anything, looked quite good to the tired merchant body. The announcement of Jyn’rai’s friend being out was somewhat a mixture of disappointment and relief. While it’s possible the two of them could’ve gotten along great, there was also the chance of their adamant dislike of one another, and Rashn would rather leave things up in the air and undecided than have them take a turn for the worse. Not that it really would matter in the long run: the chance of the two not meeting at any point was slim, considering they were going to be sharing a domicile, but it was only for two days, so who knows?

Following Jyn into the house, Rashn would feel a relaxing atmosphere envelop him as he entered. Was this what it was like to have a home to return to? “Though it’s not really my home…” he told himself in his mind, the realization of which quickly caused a rather apparent change of emotions from relaxed to discomfort. His form would stiffen and he would stand in the room without making much following conversation, only letting out a simple, ‘Ah’, and ‘I see’ at the words that Jyn’rai offered him. It was annoying: he had been so welcoming in all of this, yet as soon as Rashn was actually there, his ability to make small talk seemed to evaporate. While he had no actual experience to reference, he assumed that that was not very good manners for a guest to live by. It all probably came from his original reason he wanted to turn down the offer: not wanting to indebt himself to his friend. Rashn was not a fan of being in debt to someone, and would actively try to avoid it, though not to the point that he would live under a highway bridge with an adorable blonde-haired maiden for the rest of his life or anything. That would be just silly. “W-Well,” he muttered, struggling to help continue conversation. “What do you like to do around here, anyway? How do you pass your time, Jyn?” The smile that crept across his face following the question would likely be seen as creepy to most.
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

PostSubject: Re: Return of the Camel Brigade *   Return of the Camel Brigade * EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 10:22 pm

I move into the interior of the room that didn’t have much in it; there was more than a table. There were small things here and there which seemed necessary for dwelling and in the adjacent room there were mats made for sleeping on. On that topic, I think about the fact that I could probably use a mid day rest after the traveling that we had been doing. My rear would be saved any pressure as I would be able to comfortably lie on my stomach. I didn’t feel the same sense of awkwardness as my guest, probably due to the fact that I was more comfortable here having been here and a part of its original acquisition. Looking to Rashn as he speaks, I think about the question for a moment and then answer, “you know… I don’t really spend a lot of time indoors. I mostly move through the city doing various things and continuing my search. I’m only really here at night or when I’m resting… so I guess most of the time spent here is passed either eating or sleeping.” It was more like a place to regroup, and as such I would move to the wall that held my bag of ‘stuff’ as I would frown slightly having hoped it to have been in a more secured place than in lying against the wall. I peek into it to make sure all is well and from there sit next to it, leaning against the wall and start to dig in it while explaining, “I sort my maps… I guess that’s boring. I mostly this is a place of rest. You should probably take a load off as well unless there’s something in particular you want to do.” I would offer him an alternative from standing awkwardly as I continue, “I figured we could go out hunting later on after we’ve settled from the trip and all. That’s unless you have to go and do your merchant thing then.”

345 / 4145 (Jyn'Rai) | Flashback (20 AD)
Back to top Go down
Kiun
Intern
Intern
Kiun

PostSubject: Re: Return of the Camel Brigade *   Return of the Camel Brigade * EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 2:42 am

From what he could gather, Rashn assumed that Jyn’rain had essentially said something along the lines of ‘home is where you go to do nothing’. Perplexing. Doing nothing was never seen as fun, but if that was the kind of place ‘home’ was, then perhaps it was just too complex for Rashn to understand. Without ever having a real home, it was likely to be expected. That said, he felt he would be similar to his friend even if he did have a home, in that he too would likely not spend much time indoors. Being a merchant was a tough and time-consuming job, but it did have its perks. Most notably, as with any self-employing business, you would make your own hours, and with no real deliveries that needed to be immediately made, Rashn could push it off for as long as he wanted. It wasn’t good, and it meant making a profit would take extra work next time, but he did have the option.

This would be put to good use upon the arrival of a hunting trip offer. While it was true, he ‘had’ to do his merchant thing later today, he didn’t actually ‘have to’ have to. It could wait. Still… hunting wasn’t his specialty. Fighting itself was rather lost on him, and he only had a small grasp of it all. Most of the time, for him, fighting meant trying to kill one or two of whoever/whatever was after him right off the bat, and then booking it out of there, hoping his opponents would stop and either cut their losses, or help their comrades. In fact, so out of his nature was hunting, that he could count the number of times he had done it on his fingers. Only rarely ever, and only when he required food desperately Either way, he didn’t want to be rude. “I guess I can. I’m not against it.” Much.
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

PostSubject: Re: Return of the Camel Brigade *   Return of the Camel Brigade * EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 6:13 pm

With a nod, I would accept, “cool.” Since it didn’t seem as if he were too enthused about it, I would assure, “I’ll do most of the work, I’m not sure how good of a hunter you are, but don’t feel pressure to impress me.” It would be said with a bit of a teasing tone in messing with him. I did remember, however, “ah, but aside from doing nothing, home is where Battou…” I catch myself, not wanting to complicate things by bringing up the name of my other persona. With a cough, I continue, “sorry, something in my throat.” I continue, “home is also where I train my fighting and weapon skills. Of course, inside the home isn’t really that great unless you clear out the entire room, but in a village like this, it’s better than doing it outside. In other places that are less urban, there’s more room to more around because they have yards… here they just kind of have streets, you know?” My hands would pull a series of papers form the bag that I had been rustling in. I would lay these papers with various markings on my cross legged lap and arrange them. Remembering an amenity of the temporary housing area, I would motion towards the bathroom and ask, “if it’s not a bother, can you go into that room… it’s our bathroom. See if Eri left the water buckets there…” He was closer than I, so I didn’t think it was an unreasonable request; it would probably be good for me to get some water together for drinking, after all we had been out in the heat all day.

295 / 4540 (Jyn'Rai) | Flashback (20 AD)
Back to top Go down
Rek
Veteran
Veteran
Rek

Rep! : 14

PostSubject: Re: Return of the Camel Brigade *   Return of the Camel Brigade * EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 7:45 pm

Return of the Camel Brigade * Eri_1

Return of the Camel Brigade
Setting on the small stool with a bucket of water in front of me. The long wet silver hair is free from the ribbon that normally binds it into a ponytail, drapes over the bronze skin like a heavy silk cloth. Dipping the wash rag into the bucket of water a few times before running the soap over it till it is nice and soapy. The wash cloth runs across the top of chest as I clean the sweat that had gather while on the street from my body. It doesn't take much to get all dirty while wondering around in the dusty streets of the city. But it is nice that we got a good room with a bath so I can come get cleaned up anytime I want too. It makes a hard day of stealing and swindling people out of there hard earned loots not seem so bad when I get to come home and sit in the bath for a little while after I get finish. Getting to take a bath is the only thing I miss while I'm out traveling. Wonder if there was a way to take one with me... a cart with a bath on it.

xp: 203
Return of the Camel Brigade * Eri_3
Back to top Go down
Kiun
Intern
Intern
Kiun

PostSubject: Re: Return of the Camel Brigade *   Return of the Camel Brigade * EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 10:12 pm

The odd behavior of his friend was slightly off-putting to Rashn, as his near misstep in announcing his other ‘persona’ was not missed by the merchant. Though he didn’t really understand what he said, he decided it warranted an eyebrow-raise and questioning look. He would ignore it, however, figuring it to be nothing important. A lot of people would mix up the things they were thinking about and what they were actually saying, Rashn included. Never during bartering though, of course. No way. With that thought brushed aside, however, he would focus more on what was said following that little mix up. “I see. It must be hard to train in doors. I’d imagine the ceiling would get in your way a lot?” Talking like this made him feel a little more comfortable about the thought of going on a hunting trip, but it also made him feel a bit bad about his own laziness in keeping the polish on his skills. It was hard to do though, when he sold his only real combat-ready blades.

The request to fetch water was made, and Rashn nearly missed it based on his instantaneous fixation on the papers pulled out of his friend’s knapsack. He had the tendency of instantly analyzing the things he saw, after spending so much time as a merchant. It was a habit to try and find a profit/worth out of everything. Kind of annoying, really. Regardless, his friend was making a request, and he felt the need to oblige it, after he had been so kind as to offer his house and all that. His head turned to follow the pointing finger, and his footsteps would soon do the same. The sound of something along the lines of dripping water hitting water reached his ears, but he opted to ignore it. Perhaps somebody just left the faucet running? Was this a house with indoor water pumps? Were they rich enough to have a tank of water inside their home? Some of the more better off merchants had those, which made Rashn wonder exactly what Jyn’rai’s girlfriend did for money. Or, maybe making maps was really profitable? Not likely. Did that mean Jyn had the female edition of a sugar daddy? A sugar mama? Lucky devil.

Rashn would disperse the thoughts from his mind as he rounded the corner, believing himself to be entering the uninhabited bathroom area he had been directed to fetch water from. In a twist of arguably fortunate or unfortunate fate, the occupancy of the bathroom was one higher than was expected. In turning the corner, he had come face to face with the ‘legendary woman’ he had heard so much about in such a short time. He assumed he had, anyway. Upon the rapid realization of the situation at hand, Rashn had… no real idea of what to do. Was this the part where he was to be labeled a pervert and shunned by all society? Was he supposed to apologize on his hands and knees like a dog? There was no scarlet red shade encompassing his entire face (not immediately, anyway), nor was there any physical reaction that sent his body into a cold shiver. Just a cold, speechless face, and a blank mind. “Uh.” He figured he should apologize. “Sorry. E-Excuse me.”
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

PostSubject: Re: Return of the Camel Brigade *   Return of the Camel Brigade * EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 9:24 pm

I would simply emit a “thanks” as I saw him oblige my request. With him heading into the bathroom my gaze would shift back down to the maps I held in my lap. I had toyed around with the idea of making a map of the city, but such a task would be nearly impossible with all the structures here. Even if I went district by district, it seemed that my map making capacity would have to be on a large scale rather than intricate. I figured that I might be able to make small maps to get to a specific place from where I was, but anything without a purpose would probably end up a fruitless effort. I am brought out of my thoughts by the sound of Rashn apologizing in the other room. A grin comes across my face as I assure him, “there’s nothing to be excused about, make yourself at home.” I shake my head, chuckling a bit at home formal he was. Even though I had welcomed him into our temporary living quarters, he was still trying to be polite. I figured I would have to work on loosening him up a bit, but in a non homo type manner.

208 / 4748 (Jyn'Rai) | Flashback (20 AD)
Back to top Go down
Rek
Veteran
Veteran
Rek

PostSubject: Re: Return of the Camel Brigade *   Return of the Camel Brigade * EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 2:33 am

The sound of the door sliding open gets my attention, the golden eyes blink a few times and the wash cloth stops moving as the sight of a strange man in standing in the door way. At first I think that maybe I have somehow wondered into wrong place and was taking a bath in this strangers bathroom... but seeing the man apologies makes me question this and maybe he is the one that has somehow wonder into the wrong places and was about to take a bath in someone else's bathroom.... It would be rather embarrassing to walk into the wrong place like that but sometimes when one is drunk it does happen. Or maybe this is a shared bath and I just missed the sign or something. My mind decides that it must be a shared bath or something. After all it is a desert city and only so much water will come off the ice caps from the mo

"Sure... There is a bucket of water over there if need it. Not sure if the some more wash cloths over there or not but feel free to come in." I give him a smile and start to wash my body.

xp: 203/ 406
Back to top Go down
Kiun
Intern
Intern
Kiun

PostSubject: Re: Return of the Camel Brigade *   Return of the Camel Brigade * EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 5:50 pm

Due largely in part to his lack of feminine experience in his life, Rashn’s blank mind produced no answers to his current situation. Most males in this situation would quickly boil it down into two options, being ‘Thank God and Attack!’ or ‘Get Da’ Fuck Out Now’. An opportunity like this came up once in a life time, but it was also clearly a bad one to be in. Walking in on a woman bathing was just asking for trouble, regardless of how pretty she was. Yet, no fight or flight awareness was risen inside of the merchant. His only clear thought that he could muster was to get what he had come for and leave. With a quiet thanks being mumbled under his breath, he would slowly inch towards the offered bucket and try to avert his gaze. If the tension was awkward between him and Jyn before, this was something that would completely rewrite the definition of the word awkward in comparison. Did she really not mind him being here? Was her offer of a washcloth a suggestion that she was willing to allow him to bathe alongside her? Was he being hit on? “No, no. Calm down,” he thought to himself. “No use overthinking things. Just get what you came for and go.”

With the bucket in hand, he would quickly turn around and begin to leave, once more turning to face the direction opposite the bathing woman. No amount of merchant experience could ever prepare anyone for something like this, and Rashn seriously doubted whether there was actually a job in existence that would. “R-Right, thanks again.” The man would mutter as he reached the door, nearly slipping due to the wet flooring. It was all he could do to look in the woman’s direction and offer a smile, trying to hold his confusion to himself. With that finished, he would call out to his friend who he assumed was still waiting for the delivery of water. “J-Jynnn! There’s… some wei—person in your bathroom!”
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

PostSubject: Re: Return of the Camel Brigade *   Return of the Camel Brigade * EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 8:09 pm

I look up from what I was doing as I heard that our bathroom was occupied. Since there was no yelling and just the simple information that there was someone in there, I was interested in just who was in the bathroom of the house we rented. I wondered if this was the right house after all, but I knew that I couldn’t possibly be at the wrong place because my bag had been here. I was just glad that no one tried to steal my stuff. Moving the papers from my lap, I would uncross my legs and stand to my feet to get to the bottom of who was in the bathroom. After standing, I cross the distance between where I was sitting and where Rashn was at the door. “What do you mean…” I murmur lightly as I poke my head into the doorway and see Eri the bathroom bathing herself; oh what a wonderful sight it was to behold. I welcome he welcome her with a simple, “yo” and while getting an eyeful I would casually speak, “this is my merchant friend Rashn; I met him inside the village earlier and he gave me a ride back to the last village we were in and back.” I would have told her before I left where I was going, so it should at least be familiar to her. Having to forcibly shift my attention to Rashn, I would counter introduce, “Rashn, this is my partner Eri.” Between the dressing patterns and her lack of concern for us being here, I was starting to wonder if Eri even cared if others looked at her body or not; I wouldn’t bring it up, though.

290 / 5038 (Jyn'Rai) | Flashback (20 AD)
Back to top Go down
Rek
Veteran
Veteran
Rek

PostSubject: Re: Return of the Camel Brigade *   Return of the Camel Brigade * EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 7:52 pm

My eyes follow the man for a few moments as he just comes in and gets the bucket then goes back out. I wonder if the man was ok. He looked like he was about to pass out or something. I shrug my shoulder and finish scrubbing my body with the wash cloth. Not giving the interruption of my bath by the strange man anymore thought, I pick up the bucket of water and pour it over my head to wash away the soap from my body. With my arms up in the air holding the bucket I turn to look over at Jyn as I hear him calling out to me and introduce me to his new friend that he met in the village. I lean back to look at the his new merchant friend as I set the bucket down next to me. "Oh I see." I give them both a light smile as I stand up and walk over to offer Rashn a hand. "Nice to meet you Rashn..." I glance at my hand and realize it is wet so I try rub it dry on my thigh without thinking about it but that was wet too. "Sorry I'm all wet." I rub the back on my hand as I off him the wet hand once again.

xp: 220/ 626
Back to top Go down
Kiun
Intern
Intern
Kiun

PostSubject: Re: Return of the Camel Brigade *   Return of the Camel Brigade * EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 10:42 pm

So Jyn knew this person then? Well, that failed to make the situation any more comfortable, but at least his house wasn’t being invaded by alien beauties. That was something of a plus. The revelation that this was actually the woman-friend he had been speaking about the entire time actually served to make Rashn’s discomfort level go up. Now, he was not one who understood the ideals of friendship very well, but he had enough common sense that seeing the declothed, bathing form of a friend’s feminine partner was not cool. Or at least not normal. And he was so casual about it, too, with the simple introductions and all. Rashn couldn’t help but wonder if they were all weird people? No, maybe it was him who was weird? Maybe this was completely normal and he was a fool for being uncomfortable.

The woman’s outstretched hand would snap Rashn from his internal arguments over the validity of seeing someone nude on their first meeting, and he realized he was being rude in his introductions. As a merchant and a businessman, first impressions were very important. They often determined if the other person would take you seriously, so he had gotten good at maintaining formalities when introducing himself. That did nothing to help, though, due to the abundance of skin being shown in front of him. Yet, he could not ignore the offered handshake, even after it was ‘dried’ off on her bare thigh. If sharing a drink with someone was an indirect kiss, was shaking someone’s hand after it touched their ass indirect molestation? Could he be charged a crime for that?

“No, I’m the sorry one. I shouldn’t have interrupted you.” He says this as he slowly moves to shake hands with the woman, regretting that he had not knocked or anything. In reality it was more Jyn’s fault than his for mistaking her not being home when they entered, though it was likely just an honest mistake. “Jyn has told me many good things about you. I’m grateful to be able to make your acquaintance.”
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

PostSubject: Re: Return of the Camel Brigade *   Return of the Camel Brigade * EmptySun Jul 03, 2011 11:41 am

Watching as Eri rises from washing herself to walk and extend a hand, I hold my hand over my nose to make sure I didn’t drip any blood out during the process. Of course I would rather that Rashn not see the girl I kind of had a thing for in the nude, but if it were like this, by the way she acted it seemed that it might be a futile effort. I didn’t know if I could actually stop her from showing her nude body to others. It was right at us first meeting one another that she changed in front of me. That led me to be that she would do the same normally in front of anyone. With that, I would be slightly perplexed. Thinking about that manner of things allows me to calm enough to lower my hand from my nose; I had sobered a little. There’s a light sigh that emits from me but I keep to myself as I figured it would be rude to turn away from the greeting since I was the one doing the introducing on both ends. When he mentions the fact that I had said many good things, I’m a bit embarrassed, but I don’t find a snappy thing to say at this point.

212 / 5250 (Jyn'Rai) | Flashback (20 AD)
Back to top Go down
Rek
Veteran
Veteran
Rek

PostSubject: Re: Return of the Camel Brigade *   Return of the Camel Brigade * EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 1:38 am

Shaking the man's hand as apologies for interrupting my bath and tells me that Jyn has told him about me, "Oh it is fine. I was about finished anyway. It is nice to make your acquaintance as well Rashn." I look him over a little better than I had when he walked into the bath mostly because Jyn had said he was merchant and I wanted to make sure he wasn't someone that I had taken anything from. Stealing from a friend is just wrong and well it isn't good to steal from a friends friend either. It seems to hurt the friendship when that type of thing happens. "So you are a desert merchant?" I let go of his hand as I ask the question. My eyes glance over at Jyn with his bleeding nose as we stand in the hallway, make me wonder if he had gotten into a fight or maybe he has some type of illness that he hasn't told me about. "Oh yeah I hmm got you something while I was out Jyn." I move past the two men as I walk around the corner to sit on one of the cots and pull my backpack out from under it. "I hmm found this." I pull out a rolled up map from my pack and toss it to him. "I couldn't understand it but I thought you would like it. Maybe it'll be map that tells us where there some lost ancient ruins that has a lot of shinny things for us to take!" I give the two a big grin.

xp: 266/ 892
Back to top Go down
Kiun
Intern
Intern
Kiun

PostSubject: Re: Return of the Camel Brigade *   Return of the Camel Brigade * EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 6:38 am

Rashn would nod silently at the question. “That’s right. I’m just a simple desert merchant, and no more.” He felt as if he should say more, and not speaking would only harm the possible ‘friendship’ here, but he couldn’t think of anything else to say. Socializing was his biggest weakness and all, but he thought he would’ve been able to cope with it at least a little bit here. He really wanted to get along with his one friend’s friends, though if he knew the woman he was talking to was a thief, the entire relationship would be instantly soured anyhow. For now, though, they were safe. Luckily for him though, she seemed to be interested in something else, as shortly after she asks the question, she shifts to something else entirely. At least she didn’t seem offended by his lack of conversational ability. Nothing personal, naturally.

As the woman who had been identified as Eri, Jyn’s ‘special friend’ or something along those lines, began to discuss the findings of her recent outing, Rashn would watch with some small amount of interest. My, she really didn’t have much problem walking around whilst showing her body off. Of course this was semi-private property, but he was still essentially a stranger here. What an odd woman. Yet, even as his inner-man was riled at such a sight as this, his much more dominant inner-merchant was intrigued at the mention of shinies. He liked shinies. They usually sold for a good amount and without much trouble. The better something sells and the less work he has to do to sell it, all the better. But, this was their business. He really had no reason to involve himself, but his curiosity was getting the better of him. Despite not saying anything, he would make sure to listen in on whatever conversation ensued with some mildly obvious interest.
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

PostSubject: Re: Return of the Camel Brigade *   Return of the Camel Brigade * EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 9:03 pm

An eyebrow would rise as it’s mentioned that Eri had found something. I wonder about that word ‘found’ and the application in which it was used. I felt sorry for the poor sap who had been robbed by her, but at least her robberies didn’t normally include assault to add insult to injury. My gaze shifts from her body to the map as I take it from her and mention, “eh? A map?” I unroll the map and spread it open looking over it and attempting to decipher the map artist’s objective in making the map. Some made maps like me in order to chronicle a path to get from one place to another. Other’s use it to find something that they’ve hidden and want to retrieve at a later date; I could only hope that the map that was in our possession was the latter. Now there were things that one would obviously not want to put on a map, such as a large X unless it was a trap for someone who found it. I would look for smaller more subtle features on the map and continue to inspect it like a child playing with a new toy as the others. Looking to Eri, I would praise, “good job, I don’t think this area is too far from here. We should check it out this evening.” Looking back up to Rashn, I would inquire, “you don’t go treasure hunting often do you? That’s one of my hobbies I’m not sure if I mentioned.”

262 / 5512 (Jyn'Rai) | Flashback (20 AD)
Back to top Go down
Rek
Veteran
Veteran
Rek

PostSubject: Re: Return of the Camel Brigade *   Return of the Camel Brigade * EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 5:47 pm

Jyn seems to take a liking to the map that I stole from an old treasure hunter. While the two boys are looking at their new toy and talking with each other, I step into the leather garbs and pull them up as I stand up from the cot so I can finish getting dressed. Pulling my hair black into a ponytail and tying if off as Jyn gives the praise and state that we should check it out this evening. "That sounds like fun to me." The sooner we check it out the better because I'm sure that old man that was so fond of his treasure map will not be happen when he realize that it got switch with a fake one while he was passed out on the floor. The old man shouldn't be drinking if he couldn't keep up. It was nice of him to tell me all about the map though. Chatty drunks are the best ones. I like them a lot better than the touchy feely ones that like to grab at my chest like a little baby. I sit back down on the cot and put my arms behind my head as I lay down with my legs crossed.

xp: 206/ 1098
Back to top Go down
Kiun
Intern
Intern
Kiun

PostSubject: Re: Return of the Camel Brigade *   Return of the Camel Brigade * EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 5:44 pm

Without the ability to decipher the map in such keen detail as Jyn, Rashn quickly finds his interest waning. The entire thing was cool, as in the prospect of treasure and the idea of going off to find said treasure, but just staring at the map was not a hobby he found particularly interesting. If it wasn’t one that he could read in a few seconds, he usually threw it aside in favor of just finding his own path. That said, the intrigue that was etched on Jyn’s face as he seemed to study the features of the paper seemed to grip at the merchant’s attention. It was an expression, and seemingly a mindset, similar to when he himself was peddling his wares and talking business with other merchants. Did Jyn really enjoy this that much? Could someone like maps to such a degree as that? Rashn found it hard to believe, but he couldn’t stop moving his eyes back and forth from the map to Jyn’s face, trying to pick up whatever possible from his reactions. It’s not like there was anywhere else his eyes could wander, anyway: the rest of the room was boring, save for the woman who decided it would finally be a good idea to get dressed, and letting his gaze move to that would be disrespectful. And awkward. He had met a lot of people in weird ways, but bumping into a friend of a friend when they were naked was certainly one a… ‘different’ experience.

After some short amount of time, the question of treasure hunting comes and Rashn is torn between frowning and smiling. The thought was nice and all, and he was honored that they would ask him. What’s more, he enjoyed travelling and spending time with friends was, presumably, a fun time. Yet on the other hand, there was no guarantee of a payoff and he did not want to waste his time on something that could potentially backfire and not provide any income at all. Even if there was something there, there was no telling what its value was. It could all be one huge letdown. Finally, his body decided on some nervous-like fragile, curvy-line which would barely pass as a smile for his answer. “Y-Yeah, it’s… not something I do often. Unless you could searching for good deals, and the like.” Even if he thought it might be a bad idea to waste time on that, he couldn’t find it within himself to turn down his new friends, especially considering they were really the only ones he had. He’d have to do something about this social awkwardness of his, though.
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

PostSubject: Re: Return of the Camel Brigade *   Return of the Camel Brigade * EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 6:15 pm

Thus far things had turned out pretty well in getting Rashn to the temporary dwelling and with the prospect of a treasure hunt, Jyn was feeling that today would be somewhat eventful. With the acceptance by Rashn, Jyn would give a pleased smile and return fire, “great! Well, since we just got back and everything, let’s take a moment to get some water and rest for a moment and then we can head out in search for this treasure.” Looking to Eri, Jyn would explain, “if I didn’t already say so, Rashn is going to stay with us for a little while, so he’ll be in our care.” Turning back to Rashn, Jyn confirms, “but make yourself at home and you can put your stuff anywhere if you have stuff to put somewhere.” From there, he would leave Rashn and Eri to their own devices and work on deciphering whatever secrets may lie in the map and compare them to the ones he had. He would give everyone a good amount of time to get themselves situated and read for the expedition with the thought process that going out later in the day would be better due to the excessive heat of the desert sun.

218 / 5730 (Jyn'Rai) | Flashback (20 AD)
Ooc: We can end this here and start up a new thread for the treasure hunt if you both would like.
UYB

Last edited by aѕceпxion on Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rek
Veteran
Veteran
Rek

PostSubject: Re: Return of the Camel Brigade *   Return of the Camel Brigade * EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 3:18 am

I blink a few times as my head lifts up when Jyn informs me that Rashn was going to be staying with us for a little while. "Sure no problem. Having two men around the house will make it feel like I'm at home again." My head lays back down onto my arms, and I tap the air with my bear foot while I think over the benefit of having a merchant friend. I can steal the stuff and he can trade it, most likely get more out of it then I could get myself. Merchants seem to deal with each other better then someone just off the street trading random things. Maybe it is a guild thing. And it'll make this treasure thing easier to trade too. That is if the old man wasn't just crazy and there is a treasure to start will but looking is better than wondering about. A nice box of shinny things would be nice though or maybe some machina that still work but even if it turns out to be a bust at less we will get to have the fun of looking for it. I just look up at the ceiling as I lay in bed.

xp: 204/1302
ooc: sounds good to me
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Return of the Camel Brigade *   Return of the Camel Brigade * Empty

Back to top Go down

Return of the Camel Brigade *
Page 1 of 1