Shintheory Role-Playing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shintheory Role-Playing

Welcome to the HUB of Shintheory Roleplaying!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Research Notes 03: Commentaries on the Dawn

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Pennywise
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
Pennywise

Rep! : 26

Research Notes 03: Commentaries on the Dawn Empty
PostSubject: Research Notes 03: Commentaries on the Dawn   Research Notes 03: Commentaries on the Dawn EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 3:20 am

“If sheol is one mystery of demonic lore the next would have to be a mystery that plagues all. Humans and demons alike. The dawn. Twenty years ago. Everyone. Everyone. Between the three realms awakened. Perhaps not all at once. But each having no memory of where they had come from. What they had being doing in the past. And invariably. Just who they were. There are rumours about what had happened but in truth, there is nothing actually recorded about what is missing in our memories. And it drove many, myself included. To seek out answers to this great question as to just what had happened to cause all this. In the demons that I’ve spoke to among fear, sloth and rage. There are many theories. Most revolve around a god, or gods. One demon of fear commented that he believed the world before had began to grow too powerful. And in their fear the gods declared war on Terra. Obliterating the previous world. But in their mercy they brought back their creations. Whilst this belief has about as much merit as everything else. The idea of a war between gods and humans, demons and Kami makes little sense. Creatures with the ability to create thusly would obliterate our kind long before we had the chance to mount a sizable defence. Or is it that the people before the dawn had some other method. Some other power that would have helped them defeat the gods? With the past being little more than smoke in the wind. Visible all around in the ruins but at the same time, untouchable. Intangible. There is no true way to know one way or the other
EXp: 320
Back to top Go down
Pennywise
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
Pennywise

PostSubject: Re: Research Notes 03: Commentaries on the Dawn   Research Notes 03: Commentaries on the Dawn EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 3:30 am

” Beliefs of the sloth demons unlike those within other classes seem to be slightly more unified. One must think that perhaps Gerren promotes this belief. Perhaps in an attempt to give them hope. Much like the people of fear they believe that a war happened. But they do not believe it was between the gods and man. But rather it was infighting among the gods, and that they used our realms as a battleground.. The battle was so horrible that, they wiped out every kind of life., human animal spirit. But during a reprise. Realising what they had done in their anger towards each other. The gods combined their powers, and restored life to the world. However, their anger for one another was not done. And they took their battle to another plane of existence. The sloth believe that, once the war is over. The gods will return. Heralding a new age of paradise for all creatures. Personally I find the latter portion of this difficult to believe. If such thoughtless gods existed. Then it is unlikely their return would herald any kind of paradise. Besides. Twenty years is a long time for humans, a short time for spirits. To gods. It must be little more than the equivalent of a few seconds. To believe they would be forgiving enough between themselves. Well. That is fool hardy at best. I’m sure Jonah believes much of the same. .Yet he dare not say so to his wife. Wrathful gods are one. But an angry spouce. Now thats something a man should really fear. "

EXP:292
Back to top Go down
Pennywise
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
Pennywise

PostSubject: Re: Research Notes 03: Commentaries on the Dawn   Research Notes 03: Commentaries on the Dawn EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 4:16 am

Rage, Being natural warriors, it only makes sense that their beliefs are more sceptical. Not relying on the ideas of gods. Rather they believe that much like fear, humans and spirits had weapons of incredible power in the past. That the destruction we see around us was caused by in fighting among species. That demonic hordes ravaged the lands of the Kami. The Kami counter attacked, and humans decided to rid themselves of both kind of spirits, not being able to trust either. In the end the war devastated everything. And some kind of weapon or magic in the end was used to erase the memories of all so they forgot the war. So that they’d forget battling. But they say that demons remember. Perhaps not on an actually memory. But in their blood they feel the call for war. And that. That I can identify with. The lust for battle, for blood for war, that is certainly something that we all attribute to. Terra has begun to rebuild. The kami have begun to rebuild. But only us Oni remain scattered. Battling among the ashes of the old world. Is this so that we remain strong in preparation for the inevitable spark that will bring us all to war with the other races. Perhaps. Perhaps not. Perhaps in the end there no truth to the stories. Perhaps like Iskra believes, the world was simply created like this. Upon the corpse of an older world. Perhaps there were no kami. Were no demons. Were no humans. Only one thing is sure. We’ll never know.

Exp:289
Back to top Go down
Pennywise
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
Pennywise

PostSubject: Re: Research Notes 03: Commentaries on the Dawn   Research Notes 03: Commentaries on the Dawn EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 4:54 am

"In conclusion I suppose I’ll end it the way it really should be ended. My own beliefs. My own lore on the matter. I believe that there was something that came before. I believe that there was some sort of disaster, I believe that I lived before the dawn. Who I was then, what I was then. Human. Or spirit. Doesn’t really matter. As I told one of my own kind. Twenty years is enough to shape someone. To change them. Who I am now would be different to who I was simply because of how I had lived in this world. Whether gods or divine/ infernal being were involved. I don’t know. Its a possibility. But if that is the case, I don’t think that these gods were benevolent by doing whatever they did. Cruel. If nothing else. But then. Perhaps something horrible happened that required us to forget in order to survive. Who knows. My belief is in the now. Although I am always curious about the past, hence my research on demon lore. Who knows what sort of magics would lie in wait there. Magic enough to devastate three realms.Magic enough to wipe the minds and memories of so many creatures. Now that is power worth researching."
EXP:226
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Research Notes 03: Commentaries on the Dawn   Research Notes 03: Commentaries on the Dawn Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1