Shintheory Role-Playing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shintheory Role-Playing

Welcome to the HUB of Shintheory Roleplaying!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

[Village of the Earth] A Thief in the Night

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
LittleMariko
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
LittleMariko

Rep! : 31

[Village of the Earth] A Thief in the Night Empty
PostSubject: [Village of the Earth] A Thief in the Night   [Village of the Earth] A Thief in the Night EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 10:17 am

"Quite the intimidating wall."

Iskra, currently in the form of a man with a very long mullet-tail, looked up the rather imposing wall guarding the Village of the Earth. It was wooden and spiked at the top and wrapped the village all around like the protective arms of a father. He frowned, folding his arms and muttering to himself as he walked back and forth before the obstruction. This village was well protected, and for that reason would have soft, easily kidnapped women. Indeed, clutched in one of the man's large hands was a sack for the express purpose of rapture, the rapture of some unoffending young woman into a life of slavery and the selling of her body for the profit of this demon.

But first, he would have to overcome the wall.

A little bit of walking took him towards a gate, and like the beast he was he remained just shy of it, fearing, for the moment, the possibility of being sighted by some human or guards.

He retreated a bit back the way he came and scratched lightly at the wood. Perhaps with sufficient force he could bring it down.

It would be noisy, but perhaps worth a shot.

Then again, he was only here for a single woman, not to start a war with his apparent neighbors.

Decisions, decisions. He took his chainblades down from where they rested on his hips before it dawned on him.

"I can climb with these!"

It might have been a common assumption for a human, but this wasn't a human. As such he swung the chains once around his head and threw them forward. They sank into the wood, allowing him to yank himself up by the metal claws. He repeated the gesture again and gradually started working his way towards the top of the wall.

[ EXP: 350 || +1 TEXP (1st post) ]

Back to top Go down
Nythia
New Recruit
New Recruit

Rep! : 0

PostSubject: Re: [Village of the Earth] A Thief in the Night   [Village of the Earth] A Thief in the Night EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 10:40 am

[Village of the Earth] A Thief in the Night Picpicpic
A thief in the night
Ooin, The Hammer

Shining stars complimented the veil of darkness which now replaced the blue sky above as its ominous light offered a soft glow to the Village of the Earth. It was time to put down his heavy hammer which he used to craft the various metals which passed through his forge in exchange for a simple garment which stated his role as a lower ranked guard which patrolled its perimeter. The large man normally dwarfed his fellow villagers as he stood as a small giant with the figure to match however the heart he possessed gave him the unofficial title of the 'gentle giant' within his small band of friends.

His standard route consisted of walking from door to door to ensure that each patron had reached their homes safely and once that was checked off his "list" he would make his way towards the den where he would collect one of the tamed beasts purchased from the local Sun Village which was used for their keen senses of smell. Once he arrived at the den he was gobsmacked to find that the hounds had been struck with a passing illness, a non lethal virus which effected their senses which caused them to become scared and often violent despite their domestication, the large man closing the den doors and leaving the beasts to rest until their ailment passed.

He grasped a flaming torch, making the rounds.

..Wordcount: 238
..EXP Gain: 238
..PWC Gain: 238
..Other:

Last edited by Nythia on Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:55 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
LittleMariko

PostSubject: Re: [Village of the Earth] A Thief in the Night   [Village of the Earth] A Thief in the Night EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 11:24 am

The man drew inches from the top, and honestly the height would be dizzying if he wasn't used to flying--

Flying? Flying! Yes! That's how he'd get over those intimidating spikes at the top, though he wasn't sure he wanted to be doing too much of that sort of thing. He imagined that the humans in the area despised her kind like the humans in most other areas. If they saw him flying, they'd definitely know he was a spirit, and since he wasn't a kami, that only left one other faction for her identification.

With a short yank the man was evenly atop the fence, looking down and surveying the surroundings for a proper house to sneak into. He managed to avoid impalement by balancing evenly between two of the spikes, but he couldn't avoid detection from where he stood.

There! A torch moved in the dim lighting, and from the timing and location of the torch, she guessed it to be a guard, if the guards were anything like the bunch Lethe was a part of in the Village of the Moon.

So he immediately dropped, landing in a soft crouch on the ground. His form began to shift and change until instead of a man, a woman stood in the darkness of the alleyway, her hair white and marked with spots not unlike a leopard's or a hyena's. Her skin was dark, however, and her eyes were as blue as a mountain lake as she edged up against the side of the dark passage, wondering what kind of act she would pitch to appear innocent.

[ EXP: 291 ]

Back to top Go down
Nythia
New Recruit
New Recruit

PostSubject: Re: [Village of the Earth] A Thief in the Night   [Village of the Earth] A Thief in the Night EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 11:48 am

A thief in the night
Ooin, The Hammer

The winds cold breeze crept threw the gaps within each plank of wood which formed the Villages fortification as it swept through the open streets causing the thin hairs on the small giants body to stand as the a shiver was sent down his spine which was generally associated with the instinctive feeling of danger or unease though such reactions were not uncommon seeing as the walls were generally surrounded by beasts during the night. His light blue eyes scoured the area intently whilst looking to other guards to see if they had encountered any danger or suspected any intruders however all seemed well as silence continued to sing within his ears.

His heavy footsteps echoed down the open streets, one large thump after another with the rattle of his boot buckles soon joining in the impromptu song "Huh?" a moving shadow was seen from the corner of his eye which caused him to turn quickly at the possibility of an intruder though his nerves were soon put at ease as a small rodent like beast scurried from behind the building towards an opening in the fence "Damn pests, since the hounds have been sick the rodents have increased in numbers" they had also been eating the local farmers crops as well causing citizens to complain day after day.

..Wordcount: 220
..EXP Gain: 458
..PWC Gain: 458
..Other: 1 TEXP - earned 250 exp (30 June 2011)
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
LittleMariko

PostSubject: Re: [Village of the Earth] A Thief in the Night   [Village of the Earth] A Thief in the Night EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 11:56 am

Apparently this area's guard had turned an alleyway too early. This left Iskra with two options: stumble out at the risk that this guard wasn't some ordinary, unperceptive human or try to run and nab what she came for and sneak past him with a struggling bundle on the way out.

She'd definitely see more of the village's layout for future raids if she chose the former option, so she did. Feigning a limp, she stumbled out of the alleyway and into the main street, coughing and appearing as weak as she possibly could. She held her arm, moaned, and leaned up against one of the many solid stone buildings erected around the area, slumping to her seat on the ground and overall appearing as though she'd just had a very rough time.

Rather, she thought that by looking pitiful, she could appeal to the guarding instincts that the type of men who often volunteered to patrol these towns at night tended to have. Though she had a beastly strength, her muscles were slender and she was short.

[ EXP: 200 ]

Back to top Go down
Nythia
New Recruit
New Recruit

PostSubject: Re: [Village of the Earth] A Thief in the Night   [Village of the Earth] A Thief in the Night EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 12:08 pm

A thief in the night
Ooin, The Hammer

His eyes widened in sympathy as he saw the young lady reveal herself from the alleyway with what appeared to be an injury, and a rather nasty one at that. He made no hesitation in running to her aid as his large arm wrapped over her shoulder in order to support her frame while he leaned down to avoid any unnecessary strain on her body. It appeared the other guards were maintaining their patrol routes meaning he was unable to call for their assistance instead he reassured her that everything was going to be alright "Don't worry, I've got you. Lets see if we can get you to a healer". Being a simple blacksmith and town guard he was unable to determine if the injuries were serious or not but due to his kind nature he was not going to risk it but there was the innate feeling of unease he could not shake off since the night began, who knows, perhaps the beasts were lurking outside the gates perimeters.

He aided her as he made his way towards the Village healer who was no doubt tending to his patients who were suffering beast and demonic attacks whilst venturing too far from the designated zones "Whats your name? I've never seen you in the Village before"

..Wordcount: 333
..EXP Gain: 791
..PWC Gain: 791
..Other:
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
LittleMariko

PostSubject: Re: [Village of the Earth] A Thief in the Night   [Village of the Earth] A Thief in the Night EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 12:18 pm

So off she was whisked through the street with all the haste of an ancient ambulance. Perhaps she had exploited his protective instincts too far, because now she was before the village healer, and no doubt he might recognize some of her physical traits as slightly abnormal.

"I am a kami," she lied. "I was fighting a wicked bat demon in the skies above and he threw me down. I think I landed on my elbow wrong."

Kamikonjou, as she knew, were favored in human villages as much as her kind were despised. By assuming the identity of one, she hoped to curry some favor while still preventing him from examining her and finding that her injury was feigned. "I'll be okay, really."

Asked for her name, however, she wanted something that sounded less... grunty. "My name is Ishra."

Another lie, but it'd get her through for the moment.

Hopefully they would let her go, though she wasn't sure if the mission was botched yet or not. "I came here in search of a certain young woman. She won't remember me, but she is in grave danger."

[ EXP: 219 ]

Back to top Go down
Nythia
New Recruit
New Recruit

PostSubject: Re: [Village of the Earth] A Thief in the Night   [Village of the Earth] A Thief in the Night EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 12:31 pm

A thief in the night
Ooin, The Hammer

"A Kami eh?" Ooin made his way to the door as he checked the skies to ensure the demonic bat was no longer looking for its victim, the healer applying his hands on her shoulders as he pleaded for her to get some rest to ensure her wounds healed. The large man could sensed some urgency in her voice as she insisted she was alright and the reason for her tone was understandable as the Kami believed that a local was in peril "Danger you say? You need not worry, despite the Villages modest looks we boast some of the finest guards, I'm confident that this girl you seek is safe within our walls. Do you know her name by chance?" as a resident for nearly 2 decade and a guard for just over 13 years he knew a large majority of the township by name.

The healers hut was located a few streets down from the pen which the beast hounds were being kept so their cries of alert could be heard as plain as day though Ooin naturally assumed they sensed the beast which had attacked the Kami, unaware of the deception this "Ishra" was casting upon the unsuspecting human "Damn, can't see a thing" his eyes could not adjust to the darkness with the nearby lamps illuminating the atmosphere.

..Wordcount: 223
..EXP Gain: 1014
..PWC Gain: 1014
..Other:

Last edited by Nythia on Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
LittleMariko

PostSubject: Re: [Village of the Earth] A Thief in the Night   [Village of the Earth] A Thief in the Night EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 12:38 pm

Iskra's first impulse was to throw the old man down and break his neck for insisting that she lay down, but that dark sentiment primarily arose from her feeling of being trapped in this healer's workplace. Indeed, at this point she wanted very much to spring away with a snap and a snarl back to the freedom of the wilds.

But as things were, she had to maintain the lie.

"I am not sure what she calls herself now," she said, a lot of the demonic growl usually lacing her voice outright missing. "But she was an orphan left in this village some time ago near her birth. I know of a nefarious plot by some devils to use her pure blood for a dark and loathsome ritual. I admire your walls, yes, but these monsters have the ability to bend time and space. Unless I get her out of the village, where they know her to be, then they'll simply appear."

She paused for dramatic emphasis. "Yes, they will appear, because they don't have to obey the physical laws of space and time. They can freeze the entire village while they move around for the equivalent of a day, and when they have received what they need, they will make her vanish." A pleading look filled her eyes. "I will be okay, I am a warrior, but that innocent young lady..."

Yes, the more innocent the better.

[ EXP: 264 || +1 TEXP (5th post) ]

Back to top Go down
Nythia
New Recruit
New Recruit

PostSubject: Re: [Village of the Earth] A Thief in the Night   [Village of the Earth] A Thief in the Night EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 12:51 pm

A thief in the night
Ooin, The Hammer

With one hand supporting his heavy chin he pondered the words which exited the spirits mouth and nodded in agreement "I can see your argument and I do agree that demonic beings of that caliber are far beyond even my skills as a guard along with many of my comrades" he sighed, looking to the healer as he nodded to allow the spirits release "While I sympathize with your cause and your intentions I regret to say that it is not within my power to allow you to take a citizen of the Earth from its gates without the direct permission of the elder. I will request my superior to assign more guards to the night watch and hopefully with your knowledge in magic we can at least prologue this kidnapping until dawn where you can make a formal request to relocate the young orphan" he tried to think of young orphan females who wandered the streets, perhaps he could redirect a few guards to keep a look out if his superior deemed it fit.

The alerting cries of the hounds keep echoing throughout the streets which prompted a few candles to light within the residents huts, some going as far as to yell at the creatures as they struggled to get a wink of sleep with all the commotion, Ooin walking outside the healers hut for a moment of fresh air while another guard walked past "Vako, give this letter of request to the Captain on your way back to the barracks, we have a Kami here who believes one of our citizens in danger" his eyes glanced back at the spirit with a smile indicating that she could trust in their skills to protect the lady she seeked.

..Wordcount: 289
..EXP Gain: 1303
..PWC Gain: 1303
..Other: +1 TEXP - 5 posts in a day (30 June 2011)
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
LittleMariko

PostSubject: Re: [Village of the Earth] A Thief in the Night   [Village of the Earth] A Thief in the Night EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 1:00 pm

So now the spirit was in deeper doo-doo than previously. Now she'd managed to attract the attention of the entire village, and if she wasn't careful, her deception would be found out.

With a wince, she began to walk towards the door, wishing that she could perform like the devils she'd spoken of... the ones who could disappear and reappear elsewhere for she would surely transport herself out of this situation.

"My friends..." she began, not sure of how exactly she could lie her way out of this one. "There is another that I must tend to tonight."

She nodded gravely. "I have a small child at my home... a product of love between me and a handsome human male. I cannot tarry the entire night. I must check on him."

Such would at least explain her urgency about everything, she thought. As long as she made it out of this village without the entirety of it tailing her, then she would be perfectly fine. Let them find out later that she was lying, and she could come in with more stealth later and steal a virgin.

[ EXP: 211 ]

Back to top Go down
Nythia
New Recruit
New Recruit

PostSubject: Re: [Village of the Earth] A Thief in the Night   [Village of the Earth] A Thief in the Night EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 1:10 pm

A thief in the night
Ooin, The Hammer

Initially the doctor hesitated to the spirit wanting to leave with haste without first examining the seriousness of her condition however the large guard gently placed his hand on the healers shoulder to reassure him that it was her decision to make "I understand, though we would prefer to tend to your wounds first we know your priorities and worries lay with your family. If you wish my shift ends soon, I could accompany you to your home, at the very least it will give me some comfort to know you have arrived home safely". Those that knew Ooin were familiar with his kindness as he genuinely thought of others before himself when it came to the Earth Village, a rare trait in this ravaged world of demons and beasts. He made his way outside the healers hut once again as he awaited her answer, the hounds barking from within their den as the spirits presence drew closer to their own quarters with Ooin simply thinking the ailment had effected them more than what was previously thought "Excuse the hounds, they have fallen ill and have been barking at shadows for hours now."

..Wordcount: 196
..EXP Gain: 1499
..PWC Gain: 1499
..Other:
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
LittleMariko

PostSubject: Re: [Village of the Earth] A Thief in the Night   [Village of the Earth] A Thief in the Night EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 2:18 pm

Iskra sighed in relief at being allowed to go free, though initially it might appear that she was relieved she could go attend to her child, if they bought such a story.

But buy it they did. Honestly, if she got this one guy off by himself, he wouldn't be hard to deal with. It was attracting the ill intentions of the entire lot of them that worried her and kept her from acting out.

"Thank you dearly for your kindness, Physician. I shall tell my brother and sister spirits to guard this place with particular care."

No sooner had they began walking along the road than the kennels exploded in noise. Baying and howling and all manner of bothersome racket. It was all she could do not to simply freeze the entire building and let them choke on the air as it froze the lining of their dim-witted throats.

"Oh, I can hardly blame dogs for barking," she continued with a false charm as they finally, FINALLY departed the village gates. "It's what they... do after all. Dogs, I mean. Even spirits who are formed like dogs carry the habit, I'm afraid."

Her place wasn't too terribly far away. It would definitely be faster if she revealed her true form, but she wanted to wait until they were a little further away. "So what is your name, kind human?"

[ EXP: 260 ]

Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
LittleMariko

PostSubject: Re: [Village of the Earth] A Thief in the Night   [Village of the Earth] A Thief in the Night EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 2:41 pm

[UPDATE CHECKPOINT]
Back to top Go down
Nythia
New Recruit
New Recruit

PostSubject: Re: [Village of the Earth] A Thief in the Night   [Village of the Earth] A Thief in the Night EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 2:48 pm

A thief in the night
Ooin, The Hammer

A small chuckle escaped his lips as the spirit spoke some truth to her words with regards to the hounds and their incessant barking. He accompanied her to the gates then nodded to two guards who stood firmly with a weapon grasped firmly in each one hand accompanied by a sturdy makeshift shield which was crafted well enough to defend one from a barrage of attacks. The serene lights of the Earth Village began to disappear into the distance as the shadows of the nearby forest enveloped the two in darkness which was only broken by momentary rays of moonlight which penetrated the thick shroud of trees above, the aura of unease growing stronger with each passing moment but being dismissed by the larger man as mere paranoia. He instead kept a watchful eye on his surroundings, being a nearby guard for over a decade merited him experience in knowing the area which spanned across the village so he was aware of possible points of escape should the two encounter any danger though he brushed any concerning looks aside in order to minimize the worry to the nearby spirit "I was given the name Ooin by the Village Elder who brought me in after aimless years of wandering. You could say he is my Father in many ways, he took me in, raised me, educated me and gave me a purpose to live......many villagers owe him their lives" he continued to walk, unaware of the apparent danger which now stalked him in plain sight "How much further now?"

..Wordcount: 262
..EXP Gain: 1761
..PWC Gain: 1761
..Other:
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
LittleMariko

PostSubject: Re: [Village of the Earth] A Thief in the Night   [Village of the Earth] A Thief in the Night EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 9:07 am

The woman continued on casually, her eyes eventually drifting up to the skies above. The moon sat in the star-speckled canvas of the sky like a fat pie on a windowsill. For a moment, she felt sorry for this man. He was so dreadfully naive. She couldn't despise weakness like she used to under her clan. It wasn't much in her anymore, since relative to her the entire group of hyenas had been weak. This gave room for pity to flourish in a small way. A flower of virtue in the midst of the desert of amorality that was her soul.

Yet, more thoughts filled her mind as well. There was a large crack in the wall of her future brothel that needed patching. There was a hundred little thunder rats living in poverty under her apparent rule. There were future generations of herself just waiting to be conceived. For all of these things she needed material wealth.

It was for the greater good of herself.

"Not much further," she answered casually before turning to pin the much larger man up against a tree. Nobody was around for at least a mile at this point, and the power in her arms was monstrous, even as a member of a group of spirits reputed far and wide for their hideous strength. She didn't devolve into a snarling fit with the sudden action, however. She remained cool, quiet, and collected.

[ EXP: 264 || +1 TEXP (1st post) ]

Back to top Go down
Nythia
New Recruit
New Recruit

PostSubject: Re: [Village of the Earth] A Thief in the Night   [Village of the Earth] A Thief in the Night EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 9:34 am

A thief in the night
Ooin, The Hammer

Her explosive strength was unexpected to say the least especially for a female of her frame and even so for a Kami as they were well known to lean towards the magical rather than the physical. The tree behind the large man began to bend slightly as sheer pressure and weight was applied on its sturdy frame which demonstrated the force being exerted from the spirit and as his blue eyes penetrated her cool and calm gaze as a small smile smeared across his face from a moment of shock and disbelief "Ah.....I see...." his earlier suspicions had been confirmed as the limb and injuries displayed before had all but disappeared.

For now he was at the mercy of the "Kami" as she possessed strength which surpassed his own but that did not mean he was helpless as he kept his own gaze on her, his large body hulking over her own. To any newcomer who saw the situation it would seem quite weird for a large man of his structure being subdued by a smaller female, ironic to say the least.
"So who are you really?" the tone of his voice hinted that the current situation was not unexpected.

..Wordcount: 200
..EXP Gain: 1961
..Other:
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
LittleMariko

PostSubject: Re: [Village of the Earth] A Thief in the Night   [Village of the Earth] A Thief in the Night EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 9:49 am

The woman smiled, but her teeth no longer looked like a human's. Instead, they were pointed and conical, none of them flat. Their eyes were the same color. She began to exhale throatily, like a person trying to suppress a laugh before her voice gave way to a series of long, low chuckles, like a staggering howl. Her form began to shift, her weight increasing as her body underwent a horrible change. Her mouth stretched out to accommodate the collection of fangs that lined its insides, and that was the most prominent part of the shifting of her shape as her length grew and her body shifted to a quadruped form, filling out as her clothes recessed into her skin and joined the transformation. Her shock of white, spotted hair fell down her back, crawling down her boy like mold until it formed a coat of fur, and the rest of the alterations happened so quickly...

By the time it was all done, however, it was a massive, gently bristling, white hyena that pinned the man to the tree and not a woman. When the beast spoke, its mouth didn't move, as though the sound were being generated unnaturally from the monster's area instead of the normal route of throat and tongue.

"My name is Iskra," she said plainly. "I have an important mission in life, so you have two options now. You can help me, or I can transform you into a woman and use you instead."

[ EXP: 295 ]

Back to top Go down
Nythia
New Recruit
New Recruit

PostSubject: Re: [Village of the Earth] A Thief in the Night   [Village of the Earth] A Thief in the Night EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 10:11 am

A thief in the night
Ooin, The Hammer

The girl which once stood before him made a horrible transformation into what appeared to be a large white beast bearing fangs which rivaled creatures of the night accommodated by a laugh which would haunt any weak minded person in their dreams. Her weight increased as the tree which rested behind his broad shoulders began to crack as individual fibers began to snap one by one, the bark which protected its core from the elements chipping away under strain as a small moan escaped his lips while pressure pressed down upon his chest. She spoke her words, more like offered her one sided proposal which clearly went against his own oath of protection as he responded in a less than calm way as he threw his fist to its jaw in hopes to throw it off balance.

"Don't mock me beast, I would not align myself with you on such a weak proposal" his punch was heavy and hard which was enough to throw the average man to the ground with great wounds, however, he was in the presence of something far more sinister with strength to match. In the current situation it was not wise to mess with a spirit of chaos but he had sworn an oath of protection to the Earth Village and its residents.

..Wordcount: 220
..EXP Gain: 2181
..Other: +1 TEXP - 250 words (01 July 2011)
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
LittleMariko

PostSubject: Re: [Village of the Earth] A Thief in the Night   [Village of the Earth] A Thief in the Night EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 10:21 am

The beast looked somewhat perplexed, and when the man swung at her in his small way, she actually let up off of him enough to dodge and allow him free movement.

Instead, she began to pace a little bit around him, not unlike a wolf eying a herd of sheep for a weak point. It wasn't as though she didn't present a sizable barrier to his escape, even if he could now run. She was four feet at the shoulder, which was taller than your average tiger, and despite her size she was very quick in both slight movements and outright speed. She grew up among the brute spirits of the forest, and she bred true to her demonic stock, a line that survived and flourished under anarchy and famine. She laughed again, ostensibly at him, but it was a natural reaction in her kind to hunger.

"Such a weak proposal?" she said, curious and still circling him. "I just threatened to... literally take away your manhood and confine you to a life of slavery and rape. What's your idea of a strong proposal?"

After a moment, she realized that it wasn't the most effective way to phrase the question. "I mean, what would it take?"

[ EXP: 229 ]

Back to top Go down
Nythia
New Recruit
New Recruit

PostSubject: Re: [Village of the Earth] A Thief in the Night   [Village of the Earth] A Thief in the Night EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 10:38 am

A thief in the night
Ooin, The Hammer

He had now become the prey of a predator which was nothing like he had ever encountered in his life. It was smart, cunning, large and powerful with the ability to shape shift which further added to its ability of deception which would no doubt lure in other unsuspecting humans who shared a similar heart to his own. Both gigantic fists were clenched together as he too walked a parallel circle to the beast with his gaze intently fixed on his attacker while its words rang in his eardrums resembling his deepest nightmares, it was safe to assume he had minimal contact with the spirits of chaos despite their numbers in the neighboring forests.

"My pride walks hand in hand with my duty, don't be so daft to think that I will drop my principles before the breath of danger" he did not know this part of the forest, that alone left him at a disadvantage but he was not too far from familiar territory but he knew he would not be able to outrun the beast of foot alone. He needed his wits.

"What would it take? I take it you have not encountered men who you cannot bend to your will...."

..Wordcount: 201
..EXP Gain: 2302
..Other:
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
LittleMariko

PostSubject: Re: [Village of the Earth] A Thief in the Night   [Village of the Earth] A Thief in the Night EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 10:49 am

The monster continued to chuckle low under her breath. He was so meaty. Usually humans were mostly bones, but this one held a lot of the good stuff on his frame.

"Oh, it's not that. I just find it sort of silly that you go on and on about pride. Have you ever seen a whore with pride?" She looked at him blankly, her tone casual. "I haven't, and I deal with quite a few of them. It's not really an issue of a man bending to my will as an issue of a man behaving irrationally. If you wanted to keep your pride, the best way to do so would be to comply with my wishes and not force me to stock my shelves through means involving your body. Just give me a good substitute. I'm sure there are some girls in your village who would kill for a chance to leave and work elsewhere."

She drew closer to him with another chuckle. "I don't have to be this nice, you know. I could've just took you away myself... or do you doubt my powers? If you doubt my powers, I can prepare a little demonstration for you..."

[ EXP: 207 ]

Back to top Go down
Nythia
New Recruit
New Recruit

PostSubject: Re: [Village of the Earth] A Thief in the Night   [Village of the Earth] A Thief in the Night EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 11:05 am

A thief in the night
Ooin, The Hammer

The demon had struck a nerve, it was their forte after all to exploit the weakness within humans and turn it against them in order to see the corruption eat the purity that once rested within their souls. Much like the demon had exposed its own fangs he had exposed his teeth as a natural sign of aggression though his instincts told him not to cross blows with the creature as it had the obvious advantage. "You presume too much of the Villagers, if you want whores and low standard women go the Southern forests, they have plenty of your kind there wanting to be exploited" he was playing a dangerous game of cat and mouse but the well being of his kin took priority of the well being of his life, it was his duty as a guard, he had sworn an oath.

"I don't expect a beast to understand the pride of men. Simply know that I will not assist you in kidnapping a citizen of the Earth for your perverted means. Lets do this" he was unknowingly dancing with the devil but he had comfort in knowing that if he did not return the guard in the village would tighten thus securing the safety of his kin. He was ready.

..Wordcount: 212
..EXP Gain: 2514
..Other:
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
LittleMariko

PostSubject: Re: [Village of the Earth] A Thief in the Night   [Village of the Earth] A Thief in the Night EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 11:22 am

Of course, by "demonstration" she meant just that, a literal demonstration. She didn't mean to actually engage him in battle, for she oddly felt no desire to permanently harm him at the moment despite her great threats and her hunger. He wasn't acting out of line, as far as she was concerned. This village was his clan. She could recognize the sentiment that led him to protect it so stubbornly as the same one that she once had for her family.

She chuckled again, openly. "Why would I stock a brothel for men with demon women? I don't wish for my customers' entrails to be spread about my floor. I need a living clientele." The pacing stopped. "Very well, then, kitse."

With the chant of the word, a magical influence came over the area. Anyone would be able to feel the darkness, but it would only manifest to those gifted to see the things of the spirit. A number of glyphs, wavy and of various color formed on the air before funneling forwards towards the man at an incredible speed.

Should they come in contact with the hammer-wielding man, they'd twist his form into that of a goat of some description.

[ EXP: 230 || +1 TEXP (5th post) ]

Used Soul Vertigo I

Last edited by LittleMariko on Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:43 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Forgot to put in TEXP earnings)
Back to top Go down
Dice Roller
Veteran
Veteran

Rep! : 5

PostSubject: Re: [Village of the Earth] A Thief in the Night   [Village of the Earth] A Thief in the Night EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 11:22 am

The member 'LittleMariko' has done the following action : Dices roll

'[ Mastered ]' :
[Village of the Earth] A Thief in the Night ZETA
Back to top Go down
Nythia
New Recruit
New Recruit

PostSubject: Re: [Village of the Earth] A Thief in the Night   [Village of the Earth] A Thief in the Night EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 12:05 pm

Rolling for evasion
Back to top Go down
Dice Roller
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: [Village of the Earth] A Thief in the Night   [Village of the Earth] A Thief in the Night EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 12:05 pm

The member 'Nythia' has done the following action : Dices roll

'100 Roll' : 29
Back to top Go down
Nythia
New Recruit
New Recruit

PostSubject: Re: [Village of the Earth] A Thief in the Night   [Village of the Earth] A Thief in the Night EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 3:04 pm

A thief in the night
Ooin, The Hammer

He spoke too soon as his act of courage was challenge by an equally powerful spell produced by floating glyphs which shot energy towards the large man. The sensation was unreal and almost hard to explain as darkness consumed the very atmosphere around him causing a feeling of unease to course through his entire body. His bones began to reshape first then the muscle fibers which surrounded them began to follow suit until the human was forced on fours as his body went through an entirely different change from its natural form. Hair began to grow from every part of his body and the only original part of his being which existed were the innocent blue eyes which glared intently at the hyena which stood before him.

The large man had been transformed into an equally large goat with horns to match its incredible frame. His new animal instinct was to flee but the new form had its drawbacks, it was as if he was walking for the very first time again as he tried to understand how to walk let alone run. He tried to talk to express his disbelief but the only words, if one could call them that, were "Baaaaa, baaaaaah" the thought alone was humiliating but in all fairness he did bring this on himself.

..Wordcount: 218
..EXP Gain: 2732
..Other: 1 TEXP - 5 posts (01 July 2011)
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
LittleMariko

PostSubject: Re: [Village of the Earth] A Thief in the Night   [Village of the Earth] A Thief in the Night EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 3:10 pm

Iskra scratched her chin nonchalantly and yawned, a noise that gave way to yet another disconcerting chuckle, as though the mortal danger that the human was now in was some sort of elaborate joke. "You dropped your hammer," she said, almost as if she were making a bored observation. "Rather, I suppose I could make my offer again. Either you can surrender to my service, or I will kill you and eat you before you leave this area." She licked her chops, curious if the man would betray his "clan" now that the danger was real and evident. "Not necessarily in that order. Goat is my favorite, after all. Either way's good with me. What's it gonna be, human?"

[ EXP: 137 ]

Back to top Go down
Nythia
New Recruit
New Recruit

PostSubject: Re: [Village of the Earth] A Thief in the Night   [Village of the Earth] A Thief in the Night EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 3:25 pm

A thief in the night
Ooin, The Hammer

She must of had a mental connection to her victims, either that or she was fluent in goat, not many people or beings could claim that kind of skill. After contemplating the situation he was in perhaps he could offer his assistance but also a compromise. He felt stupid trying to speak as his words fell on deaf ears as each syllable was translated to nothing more than the rant of a farm animal "Fine, I will help you with your collection BUT on the condition that the females of my Village are to be left out of your scheme" he hoped his negotiation would be enough to satisfy the creatures sadistic game of cat and mouse, hopefully she would spare the girls of the Earth Village and seek flesh from the neighboring townships. If not....he would have little choice but to fight or flee regardless of the form he was restricted too despite the severe disabilities.

..Wordcount: 160
..EXP Gain: 2892
..Other:
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
LittleMariko

PostSubject: Re: [Village of the Earth] A Thief in the Night   [Village of the Earth] A Thief in the Night EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 9:33 pm

The woman's brows knitted together for a moment, as though he'd said something infinitely perplexing.

And then she walked over to a stump and sat down, her fist upholding her chin and her knee upholding her elbow in a classic "thinker" pose.

A moment passed. She simply stared at the goat.

"You know..." she began. "If you had actually offered to sell one of your clansmen to me, I would have raped and eaten you."

"But if you had completely refused, I was going to humiliate you more and taken a woman from your clan anyways. You offer a sensible compromise. You'll help me get what I want from another village. This was, in fact, the correct answer and the best way to defend your clanswomen."

In an instant, Iskra released the bind that held the man in the form of a caprid without moving from her spot. "When I met you, I thought you were stupid. Now I can see that you're smart to a degree." She smiled carnivorously. "I'm not one to think that any dishonor lies in mistreating anyone not of your clan, don't you think?"

[ EXP: 215 ]

Back to top Go down
Nythia
New Recruit
New Recruit

PostSubject: Re: [Village of the Earth] A Thief in the Night   [Village of the Earth] A Thief in the Night EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 9:46 pm

A thief in the night
Ooin, The Hammer

The familiar humanoid form was returned as his view was restored to that of a mini giant once again. It was a strange sensation, one many could not claim to have felt in their entire lives though he doubted many possessed the power to turn their victims into goats in the first place. The demon spoke once again about her true intentions which clearly showed her level of tenacity and deception but also her enjoyment for manipulation which was not unexpected at her position as her kind were generally known to possess such traits. To be honest he was happy that he was no longer on all fours. If he had eaten grass he would have killed himself out of self shame, he was not above it.

He picked up the heavy hammer which he had dropped earlier, his blue eyes still gazing at the beast "I have a set of principles, a code. But I hold no allegiance to those outside the walls of my Village, I have no need to. If their protection means I need to get my hands dirty then I'm not above it" that alone answered the demons prior question. He had been gone for a while now and no doubt the town guard would begin to worry of his whereabouts though it was safe to assume they would not send a search party out until the morning as the forest was cautioned during the night "So I have your word that none of my clan will be a part of your plot if I assist you in your endeavors"

..Wordcount: 264
..EXP Gain: 3156
..Other:
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
LittleMariko

PostSubject: Re: [Village of the Earth] A Thief in the Night   [Village of the Earth] A Thief in the Night EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 9:50 pm

Iskra looked at him with her head tilted slightly to the side with an infinite inquisitiveness. "Then we have nothing more to discuss tonight. It's too late for me to actually get anyone tonight, but since you agreed on your honor to assist me, then I believe you." She smiled with a genuine warmth. "Are there any particularly rich human villages that you know of? Large ones... maybe ones with a lot of water? I would surely be more interested in those than your noble fortress."

[ EXP: 100 ]

Back to top Go down
Nythia
New Recruit
New Recruit

PostSubject: Re: [Village of the Earth] A Thief in the Night   [Village of the Earth] A Thief in the Night EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 10:03 pm

A thief in the night
Ooin, The Hammer

The large blacksmith turned around to make his way back to his Village but he stopped in his tracks as he thought of the Earths two loose allies, the Village of the Moon and the Village of the Sun, the only two settlements even remotely close to their current location which held human lives. The Village of the Sun held a small but skilled guard who specialized in magic and had the aide of many beast tamers and the Moon was known to possess one of the strongest forces known to date....it was obvious why she had chosen the Earth Village as they only possessed humble farmers and tradesman with few guards to prevent fiends from praying on their innocence. He looked at the hyena "Who can truly say they are rich in this forest? Our best bet is to infiltrate the Sun Village or the Moon Village, if they are not within your tastes we can travel east to the old ruins where men and women hold loose residence. They lie outside the borders of the demons nest so missing persons are not unheard of and will be easily dismissed as victims"

..Wordcount: 193
..EXP Gain: 3349
..Other:
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
LittleMariko

PostSubject: Re: [Village of the Earth] A Thief in the Night   [Village of the Earth] A Thief in the Night EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 10:59 pm

The demon rather liked the human's quick thinking. Already he had knowledge of which villages would be weak relative his, and now he was passing that intelligence off to her. This seemed like a good type of thing to have... a human who already knew the ins and outs of the area. Perhaps in the future when she planned to attack a place she could intentionally have one of these people about gathering useful information like this.

"I have a friend from the Village of the Moon," she began thoughtfully, a brief image of Lethe floating through her mind. "So we will leave them unmolested. Village of the Sun would be the next best bet, but they are, as you say, a village, so they will be united against a common foe. A clan of numbers gives strength." She chuckled again. "I think that these outlying settlements would be the best place to attack with little risk of reciprocation... I believe that's more important to me, though. You have your walls to protect you if they recognize you. I have... very little but my own strength."

[ EXP: 213 ]

Back to top Go down
Nythia
New Recruit
New Recruit

PostSubject: Re: [Village of the Earth] A Thief in the Night   [Village of the Earth] A Thief in the Night EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 12:00 am

A thief in the night
Ooin, The Hammer

As long as the demons gaze rested on other settlements he did not care who was victim to her plots, he held no allegiance to others outside his own Village BUT he did remember that the 3 clans of the forest, moon, sun and earth each held a loose alliance with each other in terms of security which was common knowledge amongst their ranks "Then there is no point in targeting citizens of the Sun either. If we make this a regular occurance within their walls they may seek aid from the Earth and the Moon which will make your goals more difficult in the future" not to mention that his kin will be forced to engage with a rather powerful demon, something he did not want them to be dragged in.

He rested his form on a nearby rock as he then agreed with her last statement, they needed to target citizens within the ruins of the old world as they held no such bonds with their kin so a united front was less likely "So when do you intend to make the travel?". He still required provisions, equipment and a few other things to make the lengthy journey not too mention weapons as stories of evil and destruction were reaccuring from those parts, he wanted to return to his clan in one piece. He stood once more, he needed to get back to his guard duties and also prepare for his journey....the sacrifices he made for his Village, if only they knew how dedicated to their safety he was.

"You know where to find me. You also seem to be a master of disguise so try to look a little more.....welcoming" no doubt if she turned up in her hideous form she would be welcomed with arrows and spears. He made his way back home.

..Wordcount: 312
..EXP Gain: 3661
..Other: +1 TEXP - 250 words (02 July 2011)
Back to top Go down
Nythia
New Recruit
New Recruit

PostSubject: Re: [Village of the Earth] A Thief in the Night   [Village of the Earth] A Thief in the Night EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 1:16 am

UPDATE CHECKPOINT
Back to top Go down
Nythia
New Recruit
New Recruit

PostSubject: Re: [Village of the Earth] A Thief in the Night   [Village of the Earth] A Thief in the Night EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 7:51 pm

Rolling for very common items
Back to top Go down
Dice Roller
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: [Village of the Earth] A Thief in the Night   [Village of the Earth] A Thief in the Night EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 7:51 pm

The member 'Nythia' has done the following action : Dices roll

'10 Roll' : 9
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
LittleMariko

PostSubject: Re: [Village of the Earth] A Thief in the Night   [Village of the Earth] A Thief in the Night EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 10:28 pm

Iskra felt like laughing, though she wasn't sure if that was just her hyena nature rearing its head or if she was glad for how well this trip had gone despite ostensibly not yielding any stock for her store, as it were.

There wasn't much else to do out in the woods. Her home lay a little further on. There wasn't much use to pausing where she was.

But then she wondered at the value of making this otherwise honorable man help her destroy some poor woman at no profit to himself.

Then again, that wasn't really her problem, when she thought about it. Her goal was to have one hundred and sixty four offspring. His goals did not intersect with that unless she intentionally went down and made it his business to help her reach that goal.

So with a light heart she turned and made her way on... the twisted path through the trees, across the rubble, and over ashen remains of wildfires. She made her way back to the place where the thunderrats rested in peace of mind as they shared her home with her. She made her way back to her bed.

And she slept with a guiltless mind.

[ EXP: 219 ]

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Village of the Earth] A Thief in the Night   [Village of the Earth] A Thief in the Night Empty

Back to top Go down

[Village of the Earth] A Thief in the Night
Page 1 of 1