Shintheory Role-Playing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shintheory Role-Playing

Welcome to the HUB of Shintheory Roleplaying!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

[Village of the Earth] The hot forge

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Nythia
New Recruit
New Recruit

Rep! : 0

[Village of the Earth] The hot forge Empty
PostSubject: [Village of the Earth] The hot forge   [Village of the Earth] The hot forge EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 12:28 am

[Village of the Earth] The hot forge Picpicpic
The hot forge
Ooin, The Hammer

The forge which rested in the hut with dim light held a blazing fire with the single purpose of softening the metal so that he could effectively shape his tools of the trade. The trick which made most creations successful was knowing the exact color of the heating blade in order to shape the metal with ease and still produce top class results, a skill which was most commonly underrated by many who lived in this world. Iron and steel were the more accessible metals to date with the exception of a few alloys found within the old worlds ruins though modern technology and skill could not aid blacksmiths in bending them to their will, and one had to wait for the appropriate colors to show up which would vary according to the amount of time in the inferno. First the metal burned red, then orange, then yellow and finally white before its form was reduced to nothing more than burning liquid, the right time to begin forging was when the alloy gave off an orange/yellow aura in which the large man would shape his creation with anvil and hammer. Most blacksmiths varied in technique, conditions and overall form of strike but they all shared one common trait which was the love of creation by their own hands and their important role within society if one could even call this barren world that. Ooin preferred to work in a low lit hut so that the sunlight did not distort the color of the burning iron and steel and he preferred to work alone as his mind was at ease at these moments of crafting as his mind tuned in with each heavy strike he dealt to the anvil, Bang, bang, bang were the lyrics of the sweet song which rang through his ears along with a hissing sound which can only be described as a snake warning off any potential trespassers on its territory, the sound which was made when burning metal reaching the cool water.

He had been commissioned to create a sword for a mercenary who passed through his Villages gates and the specifics were given to him in great detail to ensure its wielder would benefit from every inch of its being. The sword was to be light yet strong as the mercenary himself did not possess a great amount of strength to be accompanied with a heavier more powerful weapon but it in its lightness he requested that it hold some durability against more savage weaponry such as the claymore or axe which seemed to grow more popular by the day. The metal of choice was iron and as it lay there with its glow his heavy hammer came up to his head before striking down to form its basic structure. He needed to draw the metal now which was a term used by smiths to lengthen the shape by reducing its width and thickness, each strike making this possible before he would have to cool the weapon in making down to secure its shape before reheating it once again in the charcoal fire which was the fuel of choice as it kept the metals properties pure.

..Wordcount: 538
..EXP Gain: 538
..PWC Gain: 538
..Other: +1 TEXP - 2 threads (01 July 2011)
Back to top Go down
Nythia
New Recruit
New Recruit

PostSubject: Re: [Village of the Earth] The hot forge   [Village of the Earth] The hot forge EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 4:07 am

The hot forge
Ooin, The Hammer

The fire once again burned the black steel known as iron in order to get it to the right temperature for shaping which gave the large Ooin enough time to feed its flames. He kept a pile of charcoal in a separate shed located in the back which was built to repel any moisture buildup other wise the fuel would be rendered useless. One spade full after the other kept the red fires burning and as the metal began to glow the perfect combination of orange and yellow he placed the lump of iron on the anvil and began bashing it once again. Each hammer hit was well placed, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, its echos filling the street where his small shop was located while curious citizens became bystanders as they observed his technique whilst he completed his commission. The iron needed to be drawn once again as its girth exceeded his requirements and before long he would find himself throwing its hot shape into the water, the hiss resembling a coiled serpent once again filling his ears. Hours after hours he repeated the steps in order to get the desired shape before he grabbed out a punch and a much smaller hammer in order to complete the finer details which not requested but none the less done as an act of quality service which was something his customers appreciated dearly, but, these scribbles were no random etchings to simply make the blade look unique and good instead they were designs affiliated with the person itself, his or her experiences and also their origins.

Sweat dripped down his forehead as the heat inside became too huge for him too handle which prompted him to take a walk outside his premises as he wiped his brow with his arm. He needed a break for now.

..Wordcount: 339
..EXP Gain: 887
..PWC Gain: 887
..Other:
Back to top Go down
Soothesayer
Intern
Intern
Soothesayer

Rep! : 12

PostSubject: Re: [Village of the Earth] The hot forge   [Village of the Earth] The hot forge EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 5:16 pm

[Village of the Earth] The hot forge Alicia_1

The Hot Forge
Dragging the head of a large beast behind her, Alicia entered the Village of the Earth, nodding at the guards posted on the huge wooden walls as she did so. She had accepted a contract here- so far away from her home- due to the fact that the Triumvirate that ruled there said she was a "Bad influence" on the village's youth- merely because she was preaching to others about how they should remain in her father's land and basically stating that the members of the Triumvirate were, for lack of better words, a bunch of pussies. Sending her elsewhere was their way of punishing her for speaking out against them- which was fine by her, provided her village didn't leave for Mare Maris without her.

At any rate- the Village of the Earth had been being terrorized for a short while by a beast known as Blackfang; a wolf of unusual size and ferocity that had taken a liking to devouring the residents in and around the Village. Alicia- having "agreed" to killing this beast (actually, the Triumvirate agreed to do it in her stead- but hey- their punitive measures could have been infinitely worse), arrived in the town nearly two days ago, picking up a few supplies before heading back out into the wilderness to battle the feral creature. Now, she returned, battered and bruised- but more alive than Blackfang's head at the moment. Her armor was in severe disrepair, being severely dented in some places and missing full plates in others, but aside from that she showed no visible wounds.

She approached the Inn, where the job and reward had been posted in the first place and hefted the great beast's head onto the counter before the innkeeper. "Pretty sure I've got your wolf, sir." The man nodded and reached below the counter and producing a small bag containing several small precious stones and trinkets. With a slight grin, Alicia pried one of the fangs out of the beast's mouth and pocketed it, stating, "Souvenir for the trip," as she did so. "The body is just a few miles outside of town, to the southeast. If you're looking to use the hide or bones for anything- you'll find it in a grove to the left of the forest path- right before you reach the great rock that intersects it."

Nodding again, the innkeeper thanked the Knight, bowing profusely. "Also- could you direct me to any sort of smithy nearby? As you can clearly see- my armor could use a little work..."

Upon receiving directions to the blacksmith's workshop, Alicia departed, leaving a few small hides and teeth on the counter in return for the information. She reached the house in no time- locating it rather quickly due to the overpowering smell of charcoal coming from it. She noticed a rather sweaty individual standing outside of the place- to whom she offered her hand and inclined, "Take it you're the blacksmith around these parts?"

xp: 564 # 564 xp
[Village of the Earth] The hot forge Alicia_3
Back to top Go down
Nythia
New Recruit
New Recruit

PostSubject: Re: [Village of the Earth] The hot forge   [Village of the Earth] The hot forge EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 7:49 pm

The hot forge
Ooin, The Hammer

Clean oxygen filled his lungs as he took time to relax his muscles whilst he was preparing the final touches on his commission but in reality there was never time to sit down and reflect on ones self for a blacksmith as they were effectively the center of modern society whos skills were needed to create and bond many essential things. An obvious traveler sought him out as many do while they pass through the Villages gates. She extended her hand out in a gesture of formal greetings "Yeah, that's me" the gaze of his light blue eyes fixed on the broken armor that barely hung from her petite frame which showed obvious indications of battle and overall wear "By the?!....well, looks like your armor has seen better days, none the less it served its purpose. Who forged it?"

The large man collected his hammer from the rack after applying another spade full of charcoal to the flames, it seemed his day was not over yet "This is going to take awhile I hope you realize. Your missing plates, some plates are completely broken and your bindings are only holding on by hopes and dreams. What the hell did you fight, a giant?" he had seen worse conditions, hell, he had repaired armor that was non existent but never had he seen damage to armor without damage to its owner....whoever forged this was a master of their trade.

..Wordcount: 278
..EXP Gain: 1165
..PWC Gain: 1165
..Other: +1 TEXP - 250 words (03 July 2011)
Back to top Go down
Soothesayer
Intern
Intern
Soothesayer

PostSubject: Re: [Village of the Earth] The hot forge   [Village of the Earth] The hot forge EmptyMon Jul 04, 2011 6:10 am

The Hot Forge
Chuckling lightly at how appalled the smith was, she smiled and said, "I think it was my father who forged it- either that or he found an amazing fit for me in the ruins of Medius." Following the man into his forge, Alicia immediately began sweating upon entering the place. The sheer amount of dry heat caused her complexion to redden rather quickly as she listened to the man speak. "I have no reason to rush. Take your time in fixing it- I could use the break from traveling, actually."

"And," she added, looking for another entrance/exit to the place, "if you must know- I fought a beast outside of this village for some reward. Blackfang, I believe people called it." Finding no other exit (whether there was one or she simply failed to locate it), she turned her attention to the smith, an embarrassed grin on her features, "It's quite dead now- and I assure you I will be joining it soon in the afterlife if I don't get out of this armor soon. I hope you don't mind, but I refuse to remove it in the middle of the street."

Maneuvering behind a cabinet, Alicia began to remove the remains of her armor, gingerly setting it on the ground as she did so. "So," she began, looking away from the burly individual as she spoke and changed out of her plate, "How long have you been a smith? Seems like a craft few would willingly choose unless they truly wanted to craft weaponry, armor and the like." Moving onto her gauntlets and greaves, she continued, "Personally, I wouldn't mind trying my hand at it once or twice." Finishing with all of her plate-mail, she moved onto removing her chain shirt, exposing her sweat-drenched undershirt and expelling a rather sizable amount of human body odor into the forge. "I've been taught that one's weapon is an extension of his or herself- and what better way to make that so than to craft one yourself?"

Having finished removing all of her armor, Alicia came out from behind the cabinet, carrying the pieces of her outfit with her as she went. By now it was obvious that she had far from escaped injury at the claws of the beast- as several large bruises covered her arms and, presumably, her body. Scars interlaced throughout her tautly muscled limbs, but she bore no burden from her injuries, new or old, it seemed. "At any rate- here's the plate. Hopefully it's possible to repair- though don't make it your priority right now by any means. If you've got other work, I'd prefer you get that done first so I don't feel like I forced this onto you," she said, looking at the ground. "If you don't mind though... I'd like to remain and watch. Help, if you need it. I've always been fascinated by this sort of craft- even if I haven't been able to do it on my own time."

She watched for his reaction to her offer- but she interrupted him before he could respond in any way, "Of course, if that's an issue, please feel free to send me on my way."

xp: 579 # 1143 xp
Back to top Go down
Nythia
New Recruit
New Recruit

PostSubject: Re: [Village of the Earth] The hot forge   [Village of the Earth] The hot forge EmptyMon Jul 04, 2011 9:44 am

The hot forge
Ooin, The Hammer

"By all means, make yourself comfortable. If you need a change of clothes there are a few simple robes and tunics in that draw. Rest assured, they are clean."
He placed each item in a nearby wooden trolley and categorized it by its difficulty and level of repair, a personal thing he did in terms of organization. First of all his fire required a tad more coal to increase the heat which would burn the metal to its necessary glow for optimum molding, a small air pump fanning its flames. [color=peru]"Blackfang huh, its mauled a few of our guards and also done damage to out fortifications. You're not the first person to try their hand at bringing the beast down but your obviously the first to take it down, impressive" he stopped his sentence as he ensured he had all the required tools at his disposal as leaving the forge for last minute shopping was out of the question.

The women seemed interested in the large blacksmith and his chosen profession, she was right in saying that many did not express their time in the trade but few knew it was a demanding job and obviously a requirement in every Village as daily life would be near impossible. "I've been a smith for 15 cycles now. When I was inducted into this small farming Village they needed a hammer hand for the current blacksmith. He taught me the basics and we learnt new techniques together but as time passed his body began to fail so I took the responsibility on myself. I knew nothing else and one finds a personal peace when they craft." he grasped a single gantlet then threw it into the fire as he waited for the steel to emit the color of yellow while his left hand grasped a small pair of tongs "As you would know a weapon is a very personal thing. Not only does it represent yourself but it also is, as you said, an extension of yourself. I am in the slow process of creating my own weapon but with the build up of work and my other commitments to the Village I have scarce time".

The metal glowed orange which was still too early to mold which gave the tall muscular man enough time to fill a nearby bucket of cold water "Looks like you escaped with minor injuries, takes a pretty good fighter to come out of a fight looking like that" he laughed a little, a deep chuckle escaping his lips which had a gruffy tone. He grasped his hand firmly with one hand while using the tongs to turn the gauntlet in the heat to stop it from reshaping as it softened. It was placed firmly on the anvil, WHACK, the first heavy strike came down like lightning to earth with its echo filling the entire shack. Each strike was well placed and for a purpose as the piece of armor in question had evidence of battle littered across its form as if it told a story of how the encounter went on.

"Your not of this region are you?" he was unsure initially but this female had a certain aura about her of being within the presence of purity, it was hard to explain.

..Wordcount: 559
..EXP Gain: 608
..Total EXP Gain: 1772
..Total PWC Gain: 1772
..Other: +1 TEXP - 250 words (05 July 2011)
Back to top Go down
Soothesayer
Intern
Intern
Soothesayer

PostSubject: Re: [Village of the Earth] The hot forge   [Village of the Earth] The hot forge EmptyMon Jul 04, 2011 1:32 pm

The Hot Forge
As the hammer connected with the plate in an explosion of sparks, Alicia winced slightly, leaning back just barely enough to be noticeable. "That was quite loud," she mused aloud, more to herself than Ooin. She had never seen anything be forged in her entire life, so, despite how overpowering the flashes of sparks and ringing blows were, Alicia still watched the man do his work. "I imagine your ability to hear very well must've been sacrificed when you were given this path?"

When he asked her if she was from elsewhere in the world, a slight grin formed on her lips and the Knight nodded. "Is it really that painfully obvious that I'm not from here? People have been giving me odd looks since I came into town. Felt like a celebrity, coming all the way from Medius." With a short laugh, she stood and inspected the tunics- more to see their make than to actually take one. "I'm guessing your village doesn't get too many visitors out this far? Or rather, very many visitors from the Rockland in Medius?"

She sighed and found a place to sit in the hot forge, watching Ooin continue his work. "It's certainly not a great place to live, I assure you of that. Had to learn how to use a sword starting when I was ten to help fend off bandit raids and monster attacks. Most kids have to either pick up some form of weapon-based martial arts or, now at least, they are inducted by the Triumvirate to be 'politicians', which I personally find unnecessary in the grand scheme of things. I guarantee that you wouldn't really care for life out there- as we do very little growing and cultivating of our own and instead live more as... hunter-gatherers. There was a movement a while ago to have someone teach us how to cultivate the land and whatnot- but the Triumvirate is so intent on moving to Mare Maris that they haven't really given much attention to the fact that we, as a tribe, don't know how to do much outside of the city of Medius." Taking a deep breath, she muttered, "I suppose that was one of father's shortcomings."

"At any rate-" she continued, "I may end up returning here once I go back with all of the reward I got from bringing that monster in. I get the feeling that the tribe has somewhat discarded me- or at least the Triumvirate has; and I can't possibly continue living on my father's land with all of the bandits, monsters and the occasional demon nearby. Either that or I'll just live life on the road, traveling from city to city and doing jobs that need done in those places until I find one that feels like home." Looking around the room, the Knight nodded approvingly, "Though, I will admit- this doesn't feel too far off from home- despite all of the trees and open space and whatnot."

xp: 544 # 1687 xp

Back to top Go down
Nythia
New Recruit
New Recruit

PostSubject: Re: [Village of the Earth] The hot forge   [Village of the Earth] The hot forge EmptyMon Jul 04, 2011 8:23 pm

The hot forge
Ooin, The Hammer

The large man pointed to the cotton balls stuffed in his ears which acted as a noise reducer whilst he was forging though he was able to hear the Knight perfectly well "Most blacksmiths would not go to these lengths when crafting but since I have more than 1 occupation I cannot afford to lose my sense of hearing whilst out on guard duty" he shoved the burning metal into the cold water which gave off a hissing sound. He grabbed the second gauntlet which had taken more damage than the latter then grabbed a few scraps of metal which he would use to patch the holes and scratches in the weak frame "You can tell the locals from the foreigners though thats not necessarily a bad thing" he laughed "But Medius you say? I have only traveled there a few times in my life...its a harsh but wonderful place. The Northern forests are good, we hold a loose alliance with the other two main villages here so invasion from the demons of the south are rare and we hold a very tight knit community. If you are considering moving to these parts then I assure you a peaceful life".

The second gauntlet was still burning in the flames which gave Ooin enough time to grab a cup of water as dehydration kicked in faster in this environment "Sounds like you've had your fare share of adventure. There's some food and ale in the back if you are parched, please help yourself"

..Wordcount: 255
..EXP Gain: 289
..Total EXP Gain: 2061
..Total PWC Gain: 2061
..Other:
Back to top Go down
Soothesayer
Intern
Intern
Soothesayer

PostSubject: Re: [Village of the Earth] The hot forge   [Village of the Earth] The hot forge EmptyWed Jul 06, 2011 3:17 am

The Hot Forge
"I'm not sure what I want at the moment," she said, staring into the forge for a moment. "On the one hand- I should force myself to remain with my tribe and to help them live in their new land. My father would want that- and I'm sure my efforts wouldn't go unwarranted. But, at the same time, I seem to be nothing more than an errand-girl anymore- hardly the daughter of the previous chieftain. I don't expect to be treated with royalty- simply some respect for at least attempting to uphold my father's traditions and beliefs when everyone else seems so ready to discard them."

She sighed, turning back to the large man as he took a hearty swig from his cup, "Apologies. Unfortunately for most people, I find it easier to think my thoughts through when I speak them aloud. These are less directed at you than me simply musing to myself about things that came to mind due to our conversation. Though, if you've got some two-cents to put in, I wouldn't mind hearing it- it's very rarely when I can get additional input on such thoughts."

At the mention of free food Alicia's stomach growled angrily. She hadn't eaten yet that day, and she DID slay a rather large monster. A meal was well-deserved, she thought- standing up and heading into the back room. "Thank you for your generosity. It's nice to see a new face that doesn't want to decapitate me once in a while," she said, chuckling lightly as she went. In a few moments she returned with a relatively sizable hunk of bread and a glass of water. "Freshly baked," she managed with a mouthful of dough. "You are clearly a man of refined tastes."

xp: 320 # 2007 xp
Back to top Go down
Nythia
New Recruit
New Recruit

PostSubject: Re: [Village of the Earth] The hot forge   [Village of the Earth] The hot forge EmptyWed Jul 06, 2011 7:18 am

The hot forge
Ooin, The Hammer

Ooin laughed "I must confess, I do not bake my own bread and I rarely cook for myself. I'm simply lucky enough to be in the presence of good neighbors who are kind enough to exchange food for my own services" the large man continued his work on the last remaining gauntlet before making his way to the greaves. These would take much longer as their fit needed to molded correctly to the leg so that it felt more or less like a second skin to its owner though for now he needed to stop and and rest his already weary muscles. He took a seat "I know the feeling, sometimes it seems everyone and everything is out for your blood....it wasn't too long ago that I myself was caught unaware of a demons deception. But, I am in the midst of good company and do not intend to bore you with trivial worries, your own troubles seem to haunt you enough without me adding to the list" he rested his thick chin on his hand which was supported by the strong oak table which was scavenged from the nearby old ruins, his other hand running through his hair so his own gaze could rest on hers.

"I can see your dilemma though I can't say I can relate. As I said before I've been blessed with a good clan who works together for the communities best interest. All I can really say is that sometimes you have to be selfish and figure out what you want." He stood from his chair which gave the question as to why he sat down in the first place "I'm going to get changed. Unfortunately your armor will not be ready before sundown but you can expect to be ready to continue your travels tomorrow mid afternoon. Your in luck, today the Villagers hold a weekly feast to honor our chief and all guests are welcome. If you want you can join us. he left for his small room located at the back of the shop where he would change into a more suitable attire, something a bit more clean which consisted of a tunic, some long pants and a pair of boots he wore on rare occasions. As he walked out he thought his guest would also require a more suitable change of attire "Im Ooin by the way, no last name just Ooin"

..Wordcount:
..EXP Gain: 438
..Total EXP Gain: 2499
..Total PWC Gain: 2499
..Other: +1 TEXP - 250 words (7 July 2011)
Back to top Go down
Soothesayer
Intern
Intern
Soothesayer

PostSubject: Re: [Village of the Earth] The hot forge   [Village of the Earth] The hot forge EmptyWed Jul 06, 2011 8:51 pm

The Hot Forge
A short snort escaped from the Knight as she watched the burly man from where she sat. "What I want? I'm afraid you don't understand, sir." She looked to the ceiling, as if recalling the words to her oaths as she repeated them aloud. "I am a Knight- a keeper of peace and a protector of the meek. My needs come after the needs of the many and I will do whatever it takes to stave off evil from the land. My sword guides my path- my people guide my sword and my vows guide my soul. With the will of the people I sever that which causes harm and hatred and rebuild the ties that bind my people together. I am what I am needed to be, not what I want to be- such is the duty of a Knight." Sighing, she returned her gaze to the man, a slight frown on her features. "I don't get to choose who I want to be- nor do I get to choose my path. I love my people- I would do anything for them- but the Triumvirate treats me as little more than another sword to the ranks- which, to some extent, I am. But I get no respect for the amount of danger I put myself into. I have no one to go home to anymore other than my people- who treat me more as a cub abandoned by it's parents than their Knight."

Upon the seeing the man stand, Alicia followed in unison, dusting off her undershirt and nodding to the man. "As I said, I'm in no rush with the armor. A feast would be most welcome- as bread and water can only sustain one for so long. It's been a while since I've had any sort of fresh food," she said, grinning. Her apparent bad mood forgotten at the mention of the feast, Alicia approached the smith, offering her hand to him once again. "I am Alicia- though I think I may have mentioned that before? Alicia Landis Murdock- Knight of the Tribe of Dorn." She sniffed the air around her for a moment, wincing at the acrid smell coming off of her, "Do you have any sort of place to bathe around here? I'd hate to show up as a guest smelling like this."

xp: 388 # 2395 xp
Back to top Go down
Nythia
New Recruit
New Recruit

PostSubject: Re: [Village of the Earth] The hot forge   [Village of the Earth] The hot forge EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 7:41 am

The hot forge
Ooin, The Hammer

"I don't mean to pry into your own sense of pride and honor but why serve members of your tribe if they do not appreciate the danger you put yourself in for their safety? To me that sounds like ignorance on their part. Please forgive me, I myself am not bound by the same sense of knighthood, I'm just a mere guard." The large blacksmith shook the smaller females hand as he offered her a comforting smile, signaling her to follow in his steps as he made his way towards one of the residents whom often allowed him to use her facilities for daily hygiene as his small and humble abode contained no such comforts. His large rock like hands gently tapped against the door as he hoped she too had not left for the Villages feast and to his surprise the normally organized lady was running late, something most uncommon to the particular individual. She had welcomed him and the knight with a warm smile as she asked if he needed to use the bathroom to wash himself up to which he replied "No no mam, this here is Alicia, she is a Knight of Dorn and the hunter who rid this town of the beast who took the life of little Yuna. She needs to wash up and she also requires a set of clothes for the feast tonight, would you mind?" the elder lady smiled as he grasped Alicia by the arm and directed her towards a room her husband had made. The room itself contained various items which belonged to the old world, hairbrushes, old perfumes and shampoos (luxury items to the common person) and an old bathtub which had been cleaned but contained various cracks along the rims though nothing large enough to break its general frame. The old lady also brought a change of clothes which belonged to her late daughter which were slightly bigger than the Knights petite frame but none the less comfortable that what she currently wore. The old lady asked Ooin to heat up a few buckets of boiling water to warm the bath.

When the task was completed the blacksmith waited in the kitchen "I hear your son was promoted to Guard Captain" the old lady nodded as her face exerted a very proud look. Her son in fact was not her biological son but that did not stop her from loving him as if he was.

..Wordcount: 417
..EXP Gain: 449
..Total EXP Gain: 2948
..Total PWC Gain: 2499
..Other: +1 TEXP - 250 words (8 July 2011)
Back to top Go down
Nythia
New Recruit
New Recruit

PostSubject: Re: [Village of the Earth] The hot forge   [Village of the Earth] The hot forge EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 9:09 am

OOC: Sorry, just going to do dice roll for the last 6 threads as they relate to my job path. Going to roll 6 10 sided die for very common items
Back to top Go down
Dice Roller
Veteran
Veteran

Rep! : 5

PostSubject: Re: [Village of the Earth] The hot forge   [Village of the Earth] The hot forge EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 9:09 am

The member 'Nythia' has done the following action : Dices roll

'10 Roll' : 10, 9, 7, 7, 6, 1
Back to top Go down
Soothesayer
Intern
Intern
Soothesayer

PostSubject: Re: [Village of the Earth] The hot forge   [Village of the Earth] The hot forge EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 4:52 am

The Hot Forge
Thanks were given as the elderly woman allowed the Knight to use not only her bath- but also her late daughter's clothes and what were most likely her personal items as well. Alicia felt a slight pang of regret for asking for such a luxury in a foreign land from people she did not know- but she still accepted it whole-heartedly and did not protest. She had simply asked- and it would have been just as easy for the lady to say no if she truly did not want Alicia to use her facilities and her child's items. Perhaps it was the woman's way of coping?

Leaving Ooin and the woman to themselves in the kitchen, Alicia went about peeling her terribly sweaty, dirty clothes off of her. If there was one thing she could say she missed about Medius, is was that occasionally they could get running water going in some of the houses for short periods of time- and, failing at that, there were rather large bath-houses, with both private and public rooms in some of the larger settlements- though there were some less... hospitable... ones around her settlement. That being said, one shouldn't have to clear one's shower of rodents before being allowed to clean oneself.

She sank into the tub- letting out a slight groan of satisfaction as the steamy water washed over her body and entered her pores. She lay there for a moment, pondering the feast and the kindness she had been shown in the village- as well as the possibility of moving here after she had finished in Medius. It didn't seem like a terrible idea- but at the same time, Alicia wouldn't know what to do with herself once the bounties ran out. Being a guardsman would be a step down the rung for her- and while she was a rather understanding person, guard duty wasn't really her idea of a fun time. As much as she liked having time to rest and relax- the Knight loved being on the road too much to settle down here for the moment. Medius, she supposed, was less of a home for her now and more just some place where she regularly rested her head before setting off on another adventure. She still cared for her people, but she also realized she was almost never truly "there" for them anymore- aside from supplying a rather steady and large paycheck from time to time.

With a sigh, she went about washing herself- not wanting to hold the smith and the old woman up- as she was sure they would wait for her to emerge from the bathroom all clean and sparkling before they would leave for the feast. The caked on grime fell off in layers and Alicia was more than a bit disgusted at the state of the water by the time she was done- but it had been good and she smelled of things she was fairly certain never truly existed. After all- who had ever heard of strawberries and pomegranates being combined for smell alone?

After drying herself off, Alicia picked up the clothes that had been left for her, wincing slightly at the sight of them. They weren't ugly- not by any stretch of the word- but the Knight felt naked not wearing trousers and a shirt; she never truly understood the purposes of dresses other than making it terribly difficult to run without flashing everyone your ass and being a constant hindrance in the fact that they needed to be "fixed" at all times of the day. Nevertheless, the Knight was a practical woman, and she wasn't going to ask for a different set of clothing. So long as she could get her own clothes cleaned tonight, Alicia could suffer a few hours in such a costume.

Roughly fifteen minutes had passed by the time she emerged from the bathroom- wearing the slightly-too-big deep blue dress and a slight grimace as she did so. She certainly looked much better like this- all clean and groomed, but something seemed to be missing from the Knight- namely her usual determined visage. Her gait was also slightly off as she approached the table- as she walked as if she were lighter- like a physical weight had been removed from her during the short time she had left. She looked almost bare without her sword, but she couldn't find any place to attach the belt it usually hung from on her dress- and instead carried it with the rest of her clothes out before her. "Sorry about the wait," she muttered, clutching her previous set of clothes tightly in her hands. "Hopefully I didn't hold anything up?"

xp: 858 # 3253 xp
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Village of the Earth] The hot forge   [Village of the Earth] The hot forge Empty

Back to top Go down

[Village of the Earth] The hot forge
Page 1 of 1