Shintheory Role-Playing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shintheory Role-Playing

Welcome to the HUB of Shintheory Roleplaying!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My Home is your Home *

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Rune
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
Rune

Rep! : 10

My Home is your Home * Empty
PostSubject: My Home is your Home *   My Home is your Home * EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 9:27 pm

My Home is your Home

Day after Diamond in the Rough

Taking another bite of dried meat I slowly shift my gaze. I had made it back from my little adventure in the ruins with a new friend in tow and now he was experiencing life in my village though I had to give him a place to stay as well as provide him with food, unfortunately, but he was going to teach me how to use a sword, though first I needed to get one and that is what one task for today was, get me a sword so I can learn how to wield it and kill people and things, which is always fun to do. Chewing on the piece of dried meat I shift my gaze to the sky and glance to the sun for a brief moment, it was still raising in the early hours of the morning. " Nom nom nom. " I murmur to myself as I chew up the piece of dried meat. I decided not to wake my companion and let him rest more if he chose to though I tend to wake early in the morning some times, which was a bother some times but you get use to such things eventually. Shifting my gaze, I glance back to my dwelling for a moment before turning my attention back to the morning sky as I take a sip of water from my canteen. Sitting outside in the sand I slowly shift my gaze over the blue sky as I wait for signs that my companion is awake.

PWC: 241
Total WC: 241[/color]
My Home is your Home * 1Bottom
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

Rep! : 56

PostSubject: Re: My Home is your Home *   My Home is your Home * EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 9:43 pm

A yawn comes from my mouth as I exit the room that I had used to sleep in. I was able to rest after coming back from that journey from the ruins where I met Yuki, and now that we had made it to his village, he had done well on his end of the bargain. With that said, I figured it was probably time to get him a sword and start training him on how to use it. Still, it seemed like he was the type to wake up early, so there was a chance he already had a sword. I would be walking out from the room and towards him dressed only in my underwear. My right pinky finger would be in my nose while my left hand would be down in my pants, scratching my junk. On arrival in this manner, I greet, “morning” in a sleepy manner before coming to stand beside him with no shame of my attire; after all, we were both males here. Waking up, my hands are freed from their duties as I stretch, arching my back and balling my hand into fists that lift into the air in a Y. After a loud fart, I murmur, “excuse me” before saying, “you about ready to head out and get your sword?”

Persona: Jyn'Rai | Timeline: Flashback (20 AD) | EXP: 214 / 214
Back to top Go down
Rune
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
Rune

PostSubject: Re: My Home is your Home *   My Home is your Home * EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 9:55 pm

My Home is your Home

After taking a sip from my canteen I set it back beside me and take another bite of dried meat as I slowly shift my gaze across the morning sky. Chewing on the bit of dried meat I catch the sound of my companion moving up to me. At first I keep my gaze on the sky but after a moment I glance back to Jyn to find him only in his underwear and with his hand down the front of his pants while picking at his nose. Shifting my gaze from him I turn my attention back to the sky, " Morning. " I say in response with as I continue to chew up the bit of dried meat. With my back to him I cannot see what Jyn is doing though I do hear the loud fart which causes me to frown for a moment before it fades away. With the question about getting a sword I shift my attention back to him and give a faint nod as I reach up with the dried meat, offering him some, " As soon as you are dressed and ready we can head to the market, not sure the villages would care for you walking around in your underwear... " I say, shifting my gaze from him once again and back to the sky, still offering him a bite of the dried meat I had been munching on for breakfast.

PWC: 240
Total WC: 481
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

PostSubject: Re: My Home is your Home *   My Home is your Home * EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 10:47 pm

By the time he had reached the part about the village, my pants were already partially down and a golden stream of morning elixir was streaming from the porch to the front yard via a mid size semi erect length as I exhale a sigh of relief with the release of the pressure. Looking to him after the caution about the village, I compose blinking twice and looking to him in a confused manner, “oh? They’re strict about that kind of thing… sorry.” With that, I finish up giving it two shakes before stuffing it back in and assuring, “I’ll only take a second to get some clothes on.” By this time I had made it into the room in which I had come as I call back, “hey, mind getting some of that meat ready for the walk to the market, it smells delicious.” From there, I would proceed in getting dressed in a pair of faded jeans and a form fitting tee shirt that was clean enough. I put on my shoes, stuff my sheathed blade behind my back and secure it in place, and then proceed out to where Yuki was, if he were still there, to inform, “okay, I’m ready to go. Feel free to lead the way.”

Persona: Jyn'Rai | Timeline: Flashback (20 AD) | EXP: 218 / 432
Back to top Go down
Rune
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
Rune

PostSubject: Re: My Home is your Home *   My Home is your Home * EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 11:08 pm

My Home is your Home

I find my companion did not want the offer of breakfast, instead I hear the sound of him going to the bathroom not far from me. Frowning again I retract the offer of breakfast and remain silent as I enjoy my breakfast. As he speaks I give a faint shrug, " Just don't think it would be right for you to walk around like that, you would get burnt by the sun for one and the villagers may not like the show you are putting on.. " I say before falling silent as I glance up to my companion as he finishes with revealing himself. As he begins to head back inside I slowly raise from my seat and begin to stretch as I let out a soft groan. When I hear Jyn call out for me to get some of the dried meat ready for the travel I growl faintly as I finish off the bit of dried meat I had been snacking on, " Yeah yeah. " I murmur lightly and head inside to the kitchen. In the kitchen I grab a few pieces of the dried meat and wrap them in some linen before stuffing them into my satchel as I head back out side. Standing on the porch I glance to Jyn as he comes out and give a faint nod, " Alright. " I say before I begin to move, stepping off the porch and into the sand.

PWC: 243
Total WC: 724
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

PostSubject: Re: My Home is your Home *   My Home is your Home * EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 7:36 pm

My gaze shifts to him as I tell him that I’m ready to go. Seeing the food that he wrapped up in the linen, I walk towards him to accept it, if it were handed off asking, “is that the meat you prepared for me? Thanks!” If I were able to obtain the breakfast that had previously been offered to me, I would begin to munch on it immediately while Yuki stood upon the porch and nodded before we moved out. Following to his side I would walk out of the porch area and move with him through the village that I hadn’t been in for too long. While walking around this area, and hopefully munching, I would take in the scene, seeing what the village had to offer, it’s overall size and structure. I liked to keep a good mental image of the surroundings that I were in and previously in the last night I had already added the place to my map collection, making it onto the parchment for this area. My exploring seemed to be going well in this region of the world. While walking, I would look over to Yuki and explain, “there are two main types of swords that I’ve noticed. Curved and straight. I mostly use curve just because that’s the only type I’ve ever had. I suppose straight blades would be better for universal thrusting. Depending on your style, it’ll help you choose a sword style…” I also add, “it also depends on what the merchants have in stock as well.”

Persona: Jyn'Rai | Timeline: Flashback (20 AD) | EXP: 274 / 706
Back to top Go down
Rune
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
Rune

PostSubject: Re: My Home is your Home *   My Home is your Home * EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 10:10 pm

My Home is your Home

I keep my gaze fixed on Jyn and as he reaches out for the wrapped meat I had gotten I hand it to him so he could have some since I already had a bit for breakfast. " Your welcome. " I say with a light smile as I give a faint nod before turning and begin our journey for the day. Leading the way from my dwelling I begin to move through what could be called the residential area of the village with various sized dwellings for the villagers. As I lead the way I glance to Jyn to make sure he is keeping up with me and not straying off. The residential area gave way to what one could consider a merchant and business district of the village. As Jyn begins to speak I glance back to him for a brief moment before shifting my gaze back to the path ahead of us while listening to him explain the two different types of swords he knows of. I listen intently to him as he explains to me the two types of swords and how they are. With this new information brought to light before me I find that I have more to think on now, I knew I needed something that I can use in conjunction with the chain I use, after all I didn't want to it to be a hindrance, at least not all the time. " I see. " I say after Jyn finishes speaking, " I'm not sure which type I would like to use, I guess I will need to see what my options are in order to make that choice, wouldn't you say? " I ask, glancing to Jyn for a moment.

PWC: 290
Total WC: 1014
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

PostSubject: Re: My Home is your Home *   My Home is your Home * EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 10:56 pm

I continue to munch on the breakfast vittles as we make our way through the village and he seems to agree with me. It was pretty good, but then again, I was pretty hungry based on the fact that I had just woken. Normally when I am just waking up I have to do two things and thankfully I was able to do both in a relatively show amount of time. When he makes his observation, I give a nod of my head and agree, “yeah, I hope the merchants have something worth buying. It would suck if no one had a sword….” I think for a moment, “or it would be even worse if only one person had a sword and then tried to rip us off for one.” I munch a little bit more on the food, almost finishing it off as speak with my mouth partially full, “you shouldn’t spend more than 5 very common items on a sword… after all swords are pretty common themselves.” Still, I figured he had bartered before in his life, so getting a good deal would be a basic of life and something probably not needed in my lessons. Now in the merchant district, I would finish off my meal and look for any signs of us getting close to the merchant of choice; I would let him choose who we approached first, but if I saw anything interesting, I would redirect us there.

Persona: Jyn'Rai | Timeline: Flashback (20 AD) | EXP: 246 / 952
Back to top Go down
Rune
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
Rune

PostSubject: Re: My Home is your Home *   My Home is your Home * EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 11:14 pm

My Home is your Home

As Jyn begins to speak I listen to him, nodding faintly to his first statement and let a faint chuckle out at his comment about them not having any swords. That indeed would suck if they did not have any type of sword worth buying or if the merchant tried to charge me more. I shift my gaze and glance back to him for a moment as he continues speaking, informing me how much I should be having to spend to get this sword. With that in mind I think upon how much I did have to trade and the items I had gotten while on my little adventure with Jyn, all in all I should have enough to get a new weapon, that is if the merchant doesn't overcharge me or is out of stock. In the merchant side of the village shops begin to come up, at first mostly a mix between clothing and food based shops. " I should have enough to buy a sword, given we find one that isn't to expensive. " I say as slowly shift my gaze. The types of shops begin to change as shops for jewelry begin to pop up and other accessories until finally a sign supporting two crossed swords comes into a view, a cliche sign for a weapons shop.

PWC: 221
Total WC: 1235
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

PostSubject: Re: My Home is your Home *   My Home is your Home * EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 12:29 am

I answer him with only a nod since nothing more was really needed. Moving through the area, I begin to look around for a merchant with promise. In my experience, it was better to find two merchants who were near one another selling almost the same things who didn’t seem comfortable with one another. That made it so that they had to compete for your business and often times that resulted in a good deal. Marketplace competition was always a good thing, at least for me the buyer. Since it was taking Yuki a while to locate someone who seemed to have good wares, I motion toward a merchant who had a cart turned with its broad side facing the street with a wooden box set in front of it that he used as a table. There were several nails pinned into the side of his cart with various weapons and armors hanging from them. On the table he had things ranging from music CD’s that were probably used as mirrors to socks and underwear. I begin to make my way towards the merchant who had long shaggy blonde hair with a matching mustache and beard that hid his mouth in a fuzzy manner. His skin was tanned with the sun’s presence and crow’s feet rested in the corner of his eyes. His gaze shifts to me as he sees my approach. With a nod, he would greet me or us on arrival. I would give a nod as well before hearing him ask, “How can I help you?” Turning to Yuki, I would let him do the talking about browsing of the merchant’s stock.

Persona: Jyn'Rai | Timeline: Flashback (20 AD) | EXP: 289 / 1241
Ooc: You can make up what he has to choose form.
Back to top Go down
Rune
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
Rune

PostSubject: Re: My Home is your Home *   My Home is your Home * EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 1:12 am

My Home is your Home

Noticing the motion from Jyn I shift my gaze to the merchant cart he was pointing out and glance over it for a moment as I shift coarse and begin moving towards it since it seemed he wished to go to it. On approach I shift my gaze over the cart, scanning it as I begin to glance over the wears the merchant had for sell. " Hmmm. " I murmur lightly to myself as I scan over the wears nailed up. Turning my attention from the cart I look to the merchant standing next to it and glance over him for a moment as we draw closer to the cart. Coming upon the cart I give the merchant a nod before shifting my attention to the cart, listening to the merchant as he speaks. " I'm looking for a weapon. " I say, glancing to the merchant for a moment before turning my gaze back to the weapons he had to offer. I shift my gaze over the selection of swords he had to offer, a variety of straight and curved type blades as well as smaller blades and knives. As I shift my gaze one of the weapons in particular catches my attention. Reaching out I picked up a sheathed blade and take it in my hands, gripping the hilt of the sheathed blade before I unsheathe the curved blade. " I'll take this one. " I say as I turn my attention back to the merchant as I sheath the blade.

PWC: 254
Total WC: 1489
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

PostSubject: Re: My Home is your Home *   My Home is your Home * EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 2:49 pm

The merchant seems hopeful when Yuki mentions the fact that he needed a weapon. As it was apparent, he had many to choose from. A smile forms in the mustache and beard hidden crevices of his lips when Yuki states that he would take one, but before the merchant could confirm the sale, I speak up stating, “well, let’s have a better look at it.” Reaching out for the blade, I would offer to take it out of Yuki’s hands before looking over it and asking, “merchant, was this weapon forged by a blacksmith you know, or is this a relic sword?” The merchant shifts a bit uncomfortably as he comments, “well, it was bartered to me, but I believe that it comes from a very reputable blacksmith.” Looking over the sword’s blade I speak, “I don’t think so. Judging by the tint of the blade, this weapon must have been created by the ancient race. It needs polishing and as a merchant I figure you don’t know the proper way to care for a weapon.” I side the blade back into the sheath and look up to him, “I’ll have to do some maintenance on it.” Looking to Yuki, I would hand the weapon back to him and nod towards the merchant, “go ahead and show him (roll) what you have to barter with. Let’s see what type of deal we get.” The merchant would look slightly off guard, but would look to Yuki to see what he had.

Persona: Jyn'Rai | Timeline: Flashback (20 AD) | EXP: 263 / 1504
Back to top Go down
Rune
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
Rune

PostSubject: Re: My Home is your Home *   My Home is your Home * EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 10:09 pm

My Home is your Home

Though I had made up my mind on the weapon I wanted it seemed Jyn had something else in mind, as he reaches for the weapon I hand it to him and glance to him watching to see what he does. I keep my gaze on Jyn fr a moment as he begins to speak to the merchant. It seemed Jyn had some questions about the weapon, some I did not think of asking, though I had not bought such a weapon before and thus was rather new to this type of trading. Shifting my gaze from Jyn I look back to the merchant, wondering what exactly Jyn is talking about though it seems he knows his stuff when it comes to swords. From what he is saying it seems the weapon is in a state of disrepair and requires some maintenance though Jyn offers to do that for me, which is nice. As Jyn offers me the sword I glance to him and take it before turning my attention back to the merchant. As Jyn tells me to go ahead and show the merchant what I have to barter I give a faint nod, " Alright. " I add as I reach into my satchel with my free hand. Reaching my hand into my satchel I begin to scrounge around and going on what Jyn had told me about how much I should barter for this weapon I grab a few of the valuable stones I had collected and pull them out of my satchel, " I will give you these for this weapon. " I say as I open my hand to show the five stones I had taken from my satchel.

PWC: 284
Total WC: 1773
Action: Barter Roll
Back to top Go down
Dice Roller
Veteran
Veteran

Rep! : 5

PostSubject: Re: My Home is your Home *   My Home is your Home * EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 10:09 pm

The member 'Rune' has done the following action : Dices roll

'[ Novice ]' :
My Home is your Home * Alpha
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

PostSubject: Re: My Home is your Home *   My Home is your Home * EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 11:26 pm

The merchant looks over the wares that were available for trade from Yuki. Even though it may have seemed like we had him on the ropes, the merchant was very skilled in his trade and new that he could probably get an extra item or two out of this. Aside from that, he realized that Yuki seemed to particularly what this sword, so for that he forms his mouth to speak, “hmmm… those are very common items you have there. I could probably pick those up myself somewhere just lying around…” The merchant rubs the fuzzy blonde beard at his chin before he comments, “I suppose they have some value to them, however.” He leans forwards to inspect them further before coming to the conclusion, “if you will give me these six items here, I believe we can have a deal. A sword will be much more useful to you than these things…” The merchant reaches his hand out to separate the six very common items that he wanted before looking up to Yuki. In my mind, I knew that 5 was a good price, but then again 6 was the same that I paid for my second sword. I would give a nod saying, “that’s not a bad price, but how about 5?”

Persona: Jyn'Rai | Timeline: Flashback (20 AD) | EXP: 224 / 1728
Rolling Barter
Back to top Go down
Dice Roller
Veteran
Veteran

Rep! : 5

PostSubject: Re: My Home is your Home *   My Home is your Home * EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 11:26 pm

The member 'aѕceпxion' has done the following action : Dices roll

'[ Novice ]' :
My Home is your Home * BETA
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

PostSubject: Re: My Home is your Home *   My Home is your Home * EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 11:31 pm

Though I tried my hand at bartering with the merchant, he would look to me and then think over the price and the 6 items. It would seem that he really wanted all six items because he slowly shakes his head and makes the comment, “no, I will only settle for 6. If perhaps you had more rare items, I would give it to you for less, but with what you’re offering I will not go any lower.” From this, I could see that there was no changing his mind, so I look to Yuki and comment, “well, the price isn’t that bad. It’s up to you.”

Persona: Jyn'Rai | Timeline: Flashback (20 AD) | EXP: 106 / 1834
Back to top Go down
Rune
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
Rune

PostSubject: Re: My Home is your Home *   My Home is your Home * EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 11:45 pm

My Home is your Home

Holding the itmes out I keep my gaze fixed on the merchant as I wait for him to either agree to the items I am offering or not agree to the items I am offering as payment. As he begins to speak a frown takes form on my face as I listen to his first comment about the value of the items I am offering him. With his comment I begin to get the notion of retracting my offer, though as the merchant continues speaking he puts forth another offer that is one more then what I had first offered. I take a brief moment to think on this new offer put forth by the merchant, it was not so much over priced that I wouldn't be able to buy the item, simply one more then what I had first offered, which wasn't that bad given how much he could ask for it. As the merchant reaches for the items I give a faint nod, not reaching to stop him. When I hear the comment from Jyn I glance to him for a moment before turning my attention back to the merchant though he seemed to not be affected by Jyn's comment so I allow him to take the 6 stones I had offered in exchange for the sword.

PWC: 219
Total WC: 1992
Exchange: 6 Very Common Items for Kukri (Sickle class, common)
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

PostSubject: Re: My Home is your Home *   My Home is your Home * EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 12:04 pm

A smile is hidden under the merchant’s facial hair as he nods and accepts the transaction, pulling the 6 very common items of choice to him while allowing Yuki to make off with the sword. The merchant comments, “it was a pleasure doing business with you…” His voice trails, but he continues, “let me know if you need anything else. Would you perhaps like some armor to go with that sword? For 6 more items like this, I am willing to allow you to choose from a few common pieces of armor?” I wouldn’t really say anything at this point as it was up to Yuki if he wanted to buy armor or not. It wasn’t needed for the training, but it may help him out in his job or something like that. Still the offer had me think whether I wanted to get some leather paddings. I decided against it for now though figuring that I could hold off until I found someone with a better price. With that, my attention would be to Yuki to see if we would be staying here or walking away to begin our training. I was glad that we were able to accomplish our first objective so quickly, though the type of sword he got seemed odd to me. To each his own.

Persona: Jyn'Rai | Timeline: Flashback (20 AD) | EXP: 227 / 2061
Back to top Go down
Rune
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
Rune

PostSubject: Re: My Home is your Home *   My Home is your Home * EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 9:43 pm

My Home is your Home

Once the merchant had taken the items he wanted I with draw the rest I have and slip them back into my satchel as I glance to the new weapon I had just bartered for. Now that I had gotten what I had come here for we could go on and start training like we talked about the other day while at the ruins. However, before I could bring up the topic of heading back the merchant asks if I would like anything else like armor. Thinking on the inciting sounding idea I shift my attention back to the wears the merchant had for sell. Looking at the merchants wears I shift my gaze over them for a moment as I think on the idea of buying some armor. Looking at the armor I toss the idea around in my head for a few moments before finally coming to a decision on the matter. Shifting my attention back to the merchant I shake my head faintly, " Not right now, perhaps some other time, but thank you for the offer. " I say in a polite tone of voice. With the answer to his question given to him I begin to shift my attention from him but pause for a brief moment, " Farewell good merchant and enjoy your day. " I say with a faint nod before turning my attention from the merchant fully and looking to Jyn. " Shall we be on our way Jyn? " I ask my companion to see if he is ready to go or if he wishes to do some more shopping.

PWC: 269
Total WC: 2261
Item: Kukri (Sickle class, common)
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

PostSubject: Re: My Home is your Home *   My Home is your Home * EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 11:59 pm

With Yuki’s decision, I would follow along not requiring anything from this merchant. I had already mentally decided that I would look for better deals on armors whenever they would be needed in my travels. I hadn’t needed any armor in a while; the leather paddings that I used to use when I worked with Little Hunter had long since worn out and had been bartered. But, after Yuki tells the merchant farewell, I give a short chopping wave and also add, “see you” to which the merchant looks to us both and nods accordingly bidding us adieu. Looking to Yuki as the question is asked, I would return the answer, “yes, now we can get right into things.” I would continue turning away from the merchant and walking off, “it would be best to train in a fairly open area, though the area behind your house should be sufficient to start off with, unless there’s somewhere that you normally train like when you’re practicing with your chains. If you want we can head there now, I have everything I need on me to start you out with the basics.” With that, the ball would once again be in his court to lead the way wherever.

Persona: Jyn'Rai | Timeline: Flashback (20 AD) | EXP: 224 / 2285
Back to top Go down
Rune
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
Rune

PostSubject: Re: My Home is your Home *   My Home is your Home * EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 10:28 pm

My Home is your Home

As Jyn answers my question, I give a faint nod to his answer while making my way away from the merchant. When Jyn begins to speak I listen to him as he starts to explain where we could train at, something I had neglected to think about when I started to think on the idea of getting a new weapon. I give a faint shrug to the topic of me having a place to train and as he finish speaking I glance back at him for a brief moment before returning my gaze back ahead of me, " The area behind my house will do. We don't need anything fancy since it will just be us fighting each other? .. Or do you have something else in mind for training? " I inquire as I shift my attention back to Jyn once again. Turning my attention back from him I think on the idea of us training together with two sharp blades. Yeah that would be a great idea, slicing each other up as we practice with our swords, seems like some kind of morbid training that would e involved in some ritual. So, I'm not to sure if he would want to do that kind of training so we will probably be doing the normal kind of training, swinging at the air or a training dummy. Shifting my gaze, I turn it to the new weapon I just bartered for and smile faintly as I shift my gaze over the sheathed weapon, it is always nice to buy a new weapon, something new to kill people with.

PWC: 268
Total WC: 2529
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

PostSubject: Re: My Home is your Home *   My Home is your Home * EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 10:59 pm

When he speaks, a smile spreads across my lips. Just fighting each other? That was amusing; as if I would pit him against me with sword. No no, there was an entire foundation that needed to be laid before any of that silliness was to occur. With a nod, I would semi agree, “something like that.” With that, our current destination was set as I would assume we would be heading back toward his house now. I would continue to walk with him, retracing our steps in heading back to the house which he had previously come. During this time, I would see how much of the village I had already committed to memory and continue to be watchful of the village and its setup in order for me to be able to walk around it on my own and know exactly where to come back to in order to reach Yuki’s home. I walk with my arms folded and my gaze forth, but in looking to him I would see him look down at his weapon seemingly happy with it. With a nod towards it, I would inquire, “so what will you name it? A swordsman should have a name for his sword.”

Persona: Jyn'Rai | Timeline: Flashback (20 AD) | EXP: 209 / 2494
Back to top Go down
Rune
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
Rune

PostSubject: Re: My Home is your Home *   My Home is your Home * EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 10:13 am

My Home is your Home

Hearing the comment from Jyn, I shift my gaze from my sword and look back to him, thinking on his question for a moment before turning my attention back to the sword. " I'm not sure.. " I murmur as I take hold of the hilt with my free hand and pull the curved blade from its sheath. I had not really thought about giving it a name, I had not even given my other weapon a name since the idea of giving my weapons names had not entered my head. Though I guess I could give them names I would just need to come up with said names in order to use them. I shift my gaze over the blade for a moment before glancing to my sleeve, looking to where my chain was on my arm. " I never thought about naming my first weapon.. I didn't know a weapon needed a name. I guess its some type of unspoken rule? " I inquire as I shift my gaze to Jyn for a moment as I slip the blade back into its sheath. " I guess, while we are training I can try and come up with one for my sword unless I need one right away... " I add as I shift my gaze from Jyn and back to the path ahead of us. Now that the idea had been brought up I begin to go over some names I could give my weapons, though giving it the name steve or bob would seem rather dumb, you need something flashy or not ordinary.

EXP: 266 | 2795
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

PostSubject: Re: My Home is your Home *   My Home is your Home * EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 5:34 pm

“Well,” I begin, “it could be a spoken rule and you would never know. Since you’re not in the sword class, I wouldn’t really expect you to know a lot of sword rules. Still, among swordsmen I’ve met in the past, it’s been something that’s been done. The hope is to continue to get closer to your weapon until it becomes more than a part of you but a companion as well. If you don’t have a name for it, then it simply means that you’re not even on a first name basis with your weapon. How can you ask your weapon to give you all of its strength if you barely know it?” Much of my own philosophy was mixed in there with things I had experience in talking to people in these ten or so years that I had been pretty much a wandering samurai. I oblige, “but it might take some time for you to come up with a name for it. Don’t just come up with the first thing you can think of, but instead try to figure out its true name. It’s then that its power will fully be manifested to you. Besides being tools to hack and slash with, some weapons have their own souls just like we do.”

Persona: Jyn'Rai | Timeline: Flashback (20 AD) | EXP: 216 / 2710
Back to top Go down
Rune
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
Rune

PostSubject: Re: My Home is your Home *   My Home is your Home * EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 9:42 pm

My Home is your Home

As Jyn begins to speak I glance back to him for a moment before turning my gaze away from him as I listen to him begin to explain things to me. While listening to Jyn I give a faint nod as I take in the information like a spunge, hoping to come to some understanding as to why one would name there sword, though it seems only people with swords name there weapons so that means I don't need to name my chain as well? While listening to Jyn I slip the sheathed blade into the front of my sash so I could get to it easily when I needed to draw the weapon, though I knew I will need to make some adjustments to how I use my weapons. Shifting my gaze back to Jyn I think upon what he is saying, trying to get a full grasp on what he means by the weapon giving me its strength. Turning my gaze from Jyn I shift it to the residential area of the village which meant my dwelling was not far now. Again I listen to Jyn as he continues to speak, adding to what he had already told me and from what I am gathering it seems I find a name in time with use of the weapon. Again he speaks of things about a weapon that elude me at the moment, how could a weapon have a soul?

EXP: 241 | 3036
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

PostSubject: Re: My Home is your Home *   My Home is your Home * EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 11:07 pm

The back of my right hand lifts up to my head to brush softly, wiping a bit of perspiration from my brow; we were in the desert around the middle of the day after all. I preferred the moderate temperatures of the northern areas when compared to the desert, though it had its own charm about it. Around the time I finish speaking, I notice that we had come into the residential area of his village. I knew that soon we would be upon his house. From that point on, since nothing was asked, I wouldn’t continue rambling on; I couldn’t fully tell if he were interested or no. After thinking on it, I realized that I didn’t know the name of my secondary sword. Either way, that wasn’t for me to do, that was Battousai’s job on the account that I didn’t use swords. During my interaction with him, I had led Yuki along the assumption that I would be the one teaching him swordsmanship. It was technically correct to think that, so I wouldn’t go through the headache of trying to explain the idiosyncrasies of my various personas, I’d let Yuki come to his own conclusions as he met them, though I only anticipated on him meeting Battousai and myself.

Persona: Jyn'Rai | Timeline: Flashback (20 AD) | EXP: 231 / 2941
Back to top Go down
Rune
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
Rune

PostSubject: Re: My Home is your Home *   My Home is your Home * EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 11:29 pm

My Home is your Home

Falling silent as I begin to move through the residential area I slowly shift my gaze from side to side as I scan the area idly. Out in the streets and around the dwellings where an assortment of villages ranging from children playing to adults going about there business. The ones that looked to the duo would give a polite nod of the head or wave of the hand. Shifting my gaze I glance back to Jyn for a moment as I finally break my silence, " Tell me Jyn, what is the name of your sword? " I ask as I look at my companion for a moment before shifting my gaze from him, back to the path ahead of us. Turning my gaze from Jyn I glance around once again before lifting my gaze to the sky. " Shall we get right to training or do you want to have a drink and some lunch before we start? " I ask Jyn before shifting my gaze from him, wondering if he would like to take a break and have a drink before we get to training, considering he is not from this are and thus not all that use to the unyielding heat of the sun bearing down upon the land.

EXP: 213 | 3249
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

PostSubject: Re: My Home is your Home *   My Home is your Home * EmptyWed Jun 08, 2011 5:09 pm

‘Aw crap!’ my mind thinks at the moment he vocalizes his question. It was as if he read my mind just now. I questioned the fates as to why would he ask me the name of my sword? Was he challenging me? Did he want to fight? Or was he simply curious? I figured it would be the latter of all of those since Yuki seemed like a pretty trust worthy guy. With a shrug, I keep my gaze ahead as I answer him; after all, he only asked for the name of one of my swords. I speak, “Claw Blade. It’s a name that my father had given it before I took over use of the sword. He learned how to use it watching animals in the wilderness and he referred to it as his claws. It helped him bridge the gap in strength and capability between human and beast so that he could provide and protect my family… up until the day he died. The day he died, he didn’t have it in his hand… I did… I wasn’t able to get it to him in time…” My voice drifts off with the sentence as I get a bit stoic with the final words, but at least the question had been answered.

Persona: Jyn'Rai | Timeline: Flashback (20 AD) | EXP: 208 / 3149
Back to top Go down
Rune
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
Rune

PostSubject: Re: My Home is your Home *   My Home is your Home * EmptyWed Jun 08, 2011 7:31 pm

My Home is your Home

Keeping my gaze set ahead of us I keep an eye on my house as we continue to draw closer to it. With the questions I had posed to Jyn I remain silent as I wait for an answer from him. While waiting on an answer from my companion I toss the idea of giving my sword a name around in my head. What would you name a sword? Does it have to have a special meaning behind it or can it be a common name you would hear in the world? As Jyn begins to speak I glance back to him for a moment before shifting my gaze back to my house as I listen to him as he tells me the name of his sword and how it got such a name. The sword he has seems to have a special meaning behind it though a sad one I come to find out as I listen to his story about the sword. " I see... " I murmur as I glance back to Jyn after he has fallen silent. " I'm sure you will do what you need to when you find this man that killed your family. " I add before gesturing to my house as we come upon it, " .. Here we are. "

EXP: 219 | 3468
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

PostSubject: Re: My Home is your Home *   My Home is your Home * EmptyWed Jun 08, 2011 11:20 pm

With a nod, I would agree with Yuki and that was about all that needed to be said on that issue. With my gaze shifted up, I would see that we were there. With a nod, I would confirm, “good, now to the back yard.” I would walk around to the rear of Yuki’s structure getting a feel for the amount of space we would have in the back here. I thought that the front would be a bit awkward with people passing by and hoped that the back would offer at least a little bit of seclusion. Judging by the current temperature and status of the outside, I felt I had pretty good conditions for his training. While walking around in a semi circle with my armed folded at my chest I mention, “I get a little bit different when I’m teaching swordsmanship…” I murmur lightly under my breath that I forgot to discuss this training with Battousai.

After thinking that, I hoped that my inner persona would not reject the idea because I didn’t think I had it in me in order to train Yuki on my own. Luckily as I am thinking this, Battousai puts my fears to rest as he comments, ‘if he wishes to learn, I will teach him… he is honorable to his word.’ This referenced Yuki’s willingness to feeding and housing us for the lessons. Battousai adds, giving me a little bit of grief, ‘you owe me, not him.’ These cryptic words would cause me to sign internally as I had thought it was too good to be true for him to actually take on a disciple. I had been writing checks that I couldn’t cash up to this point, but thankfully I was saved at by the grace of Battousai.

With that little mental battle out of the way, I would resume paying attention to outside stuff and reach into my pocket pulling out a bundle of black leather. It was a facial mask that Battousai used to hide his face. While unfolding it in my hands, I inquire, “so are you ready to get started?”

Persona: Jyn'Rai | Timeline: Flashback (20 AD) | EXP: 371 / 3520
Back to top Go down
Rune
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
Rune

PostSubject: Re: My Home is your Home *   My Home is your Home * EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 1:01 pm

My Home is your Home

As Jyn makes the comment about the back yard, I give a faint nod, glancing back to him before turning my attention back to my house. With the back yard in mind I lead the way, taking Jyn around my house and into the back yard where we would be training. Like the front of the house the back was open though there is no other house behind it and it was rather open, providing adequate room for training. I come to a stop in the back yard and glance around for a moment before shifting my attention to Jyn as I hear his comment. Looking at Jyn I think on his comment about him being different when he teaches swordsmanship. I give a faint nod to his comment as I think on it. Do he acts different when teaching someone how to use a sword, does he do the same when fighting with a sword? When we had fought together against the zombataurs I didn't pay much, if any, attention to him so an answer to my question will have to come in the future, either from him or if we fight together again. With my attention still on Jyn I bring my hand down to rest on the hilt of the sheathed kukri as I watch him pull a bundle of leather from a pocket and begin to unfold it, though I didn't know why he was doing such a thing. When he asks the question I give a faint nod, " Yes, I'm ready. " I answer as I tighten my grip on the hilt of the kukri, getting ready to draw the weapon.

EXP: 277 | 3745
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

PostSubject: Re: My Home is your Home *   My Home is your Home * EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 6:23 pm

“Good,” I make my final comment for the moment as Jyn’Rai. As I say this, the leather mask is unfolded and lifted up to my face. It covers the bottom portion of my face up to about the bridge of my nose. The top portion pulls over my head and rests as a horned head band on my upper forehead. My arms lower to my side as I perform a persona change utilizing my ability to Phase Shift. My eyes close as the other me is awoken. Now as the persona of Battousai, a bright flash of red energy occurs and skims the surface of my body. This bursts into the surrounding area creating a red aura of killing intent that permeates the atmosphere with the same properties of a low level bind. My ivory hair lengthens, falling in a looser manner over the edges of the mask, and my eyes reopen, now displaying a deepened crimson coloring. An intense gaze glares at Yuki from my distance, but I did not attack him.

As the aura fades my gaze cuts to his sword-hand in a swift glance; beneath the mask covering the bottom of my face, I give a hidden frown. Though the frown is hidden, my displeasure could be seen in my eyes as I remark in a lower voice, “wrong…” My right hand reaches behind me and comes to grip my sword; with the touch, my ki is channeled into it, causing my clothing to flap slightly. I tug it at the hilt so that an inch of the silver polished blade is pulled out before pulling it fully from its sheath and lifting it up and into the air. Light reflects from the blade showcasing the care taken in its up keeping, and with a dismissing slash it becomes a blur moving from up to diagonally down to my side. With the non offensive slash, the ki energy channeled into the blade pushes out in all directions for about 5 feet around me with an average amount of force (Essence of Ken). With my sword to my side, I order, “Look at my hand and do yours the same.”

I would lift my hand to show my grip on the blade. The sword was grasped right beneath the guard with about a half inch of room. The little, ring and middle finger are wrapped around the handle with the thumb wrapped around lying on top of the middle finger; the index finger extends slightly forwards. I advise, “don’t try to go into battle from a draw yet. Hold your sword like this and hold it tight enough so that I cannot knock it out of your grip.”

Persona: Jyn'Rai | Timeline: Flashback (20 AD) | EXP: 469 / 3989
Back to top Go down
Rune
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
Rune

PostSubject: Re: My Home is your Home *   My Home is your Home * EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 7:15 pm

My Home is your Home

Gripping the hilt of the kukri I keep my gaze fixed on Jyn as he makes a brief comment before putting the leather mask on. Shifting my gaze over the mask I find it rather odd to have one to cover your face, though if you didn't want someone knowing who you are then a mask would seem ideal. As I watch I notice a bright flash of red energy that brusts from Jyn out around him, a killing intent projected from him. As the wave of energy overcomes me I find I am unable to move or react to the aura coming from Jyn. Standing still I lock my gaze with Jyn and as he glares at me my gaze shifts and I begin to return the glaring look. After a few moments the feeling of being held in place begins to fade and I find I am able to move, though I remain still, my gaze locked on Jyn as I watch his movements. I watch as his gaze shifts from my own and he glances to my hand gripping the hilt of my kukri. At this point I expect to be told to draw my weapon so that I can begin to strike at the air or perhaps something that would represent a target, like a training dummy, though the only thing he says is 'wrong' as he reaches behind his back, I guess for his weapon, but why did he say wrong?

I watch as Jyn brings his sword into the air, which causes me to shift my gaze from his face to the weapon for a moment. Looking to the sword he holds I watch the reflection of light, my gaze shifting over the blade for a moment before I return my gaze back to Jyn. In a blurring motion Jyn swings the sword down to his side and the force of the simply motion causes a wave of energy to push out in all directions from Jyn.

Again he speaks and this time it is something more attune to training rather then telling me I'm wrong, as he had done before. I give a faint nod to the simple instruction to watch his hand and do the same as it. I shift my gaze to his hand holding the blade and fix my gaze on it as I watch him bring it up to show me his grip on the blade. Shifting my gaze over his grip on the hilt of the blade I study it to take in its form and how he holds the hilt of the blade beneath its guard. As he gives me more instruction I shift my gaze from him and glance down at the sheathed kukri in my sash. Gripping the hilt of the weapon I pull the curved blade from its sheath, shifting my grip on it to mimic the way Jyn is holding his sword.

EXP: 487 | 4232
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

PostSubject: Re: My Home is your Home *   My Home is your Home * EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 8:23 pm

After he was able to change the way he held his weapon, I would look over what he’s done and inspect it. I judge it to be good enough for mimicking a one handed grip of my own, after all it was simply ‘monkey see, monkey do’. I was a bit disappointed that I didn’t see any particular strength in holding it as I had asked him to hold it in a manner where I could not knock it free. As it currently looked, I felt I would have no difficulty in disarming him. I supposed that I would have to take things slowly with a novice after all. “You hold a sword with one hand differently than two,” I would say in a short tone of voice during this brief inspection before looking up at him and acknowledging, “short blades are better one-handed. You should duel wield slender to short blades…” but I would decree, “just use one for now.” The blade in my right hand rotates so that it’s held in a back handed manner and I slide it diagonally downwards back into its sheath on my back. Almost as if perturbed, I order, “hold it… hold it stronger. Your sword should be like your arm…”

Persona: Jyn'Rai | Timeline: Flashback (20 AD) | EXP: 216 / 4205
Back to top Go down
Rune
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
Rune

PostSubject: Re: My Home is your Home *   My Home is your Home * EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 8:54 pm

My Home is your Home

Holding my kukri as I had been told I shift my gaze to Jyn and wait for his next set of instructions, wondering what he would have me do next. I keep my gaze fixed on Jyn as he inspects my grip on the kurki while remaining silent. As he begins to speak I listen intently again to his words, my weapon must be made to be used in a single hand. As he mentions duel wielding I begin to dwell on the idea of duel wielding though I had other ideas for what to wield, I could use my kukri in one hand and my chain in the other or if I got another kukri or bladed weapon I could duel wield them as he mentioned. These where ideas to dwell on, though perhaps I shall give it a try soon. I give a faint nod as he tells me to us just one for now, which seemed good since I only had one kukri. I shift my gaze as he begins to move his arm, first expecting him to strike at me or show me some badass attack with his sword, but instead he sheaths it behind him and speaks to me, instructing me to hold it stronger. " Alright. " I say with a faint nod to the instruction as I begin to tighten my grip on the hilt of the kukri to hold the weapon tighter in my grasp as Jyn had instructed.

EXP: 247 | 4479
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

PostSubject: Re: My Home is your Home *   My Home is your Home * EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 9:38 pm

I watched him grip the sword in a stronger manner; that was more like it. My hands reach out and I use two hands to cover the hand that’s on the sword. I squeeze it to emphasize to keep the strength in his hold. I instruct, “do not loosen your grip…” My hands release his as I walk to his side. For his sword to become like a part of his arm, he needed to be able to hold it like this for an extended period of time to build up the muscle memory in his hand. Due to my lack of communication skills, I would not say this out loud, but cryptically keep the reasons why I’m doing things to myself. I speak, “two basics: swipe and impale. Many techniques come from these.” I would make an inward motion with my arm and explain, “the cat swipes from out to in.” The motion swings out, “the bird defends pushing its wing out.” My hands cross at my chest and I continue, “your instincts are trained into your sword, body and your union.” I motion for him to do something and order, “swipe… like the cat, around and in.” I would wait for him to begin this gesture and after once, my motions would coax for him to keep swiping since I didn’t advise how many to do.

Persona: Battousai | Timeline: Flashback (20 AD) | EXP: 234 / 4439
Back to top Go down
Rune
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
Rune

PostSubject: Re: My Home is your Home *   My Home is your Home * EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 10:41 pm

My Home is your Home

Keeping a tight grip on the hilt of the kukri I feel the form of the handle inside my hand and know that if I continue to hold the weapon for very long my arm will begin to grow tired and my grip will falter until I can no longer hold the weapon with out taking a break. As Jyn reaches up and takes hold of my hands I shift my gaze to his hands as he squeezes mine while I hold the hilt of the kukri. Shifting my gaze, I look from his hands, turning my gaze to his face as he speaks about not loosening my grip, to which I give a nod of acknowledgement. I watch him as he releases his grip on my hands and he moves to my side. I keep my gaze fixed on Jyn as he begins to speak again, now explaining what seem to be fundamentals of techniques with a sword. As he begins to make motions with his arms I shift my gaze and watch his arm motions and try to commit them to memory so I could try and mimic them later for practice. The metaphors he use with each action seem to convey the actions that need to be taken. As he comes to a finish and motions for me to do something I get ready to follow his motions and as he orders me to do as he had done I forgo the nod and lash out with the kukri, swinging it away from my body and through the air before spinning my wrist and the weapon and swinging inwards towards myself with the weapon. Since it seemed Jyn wanted me to continue I follow through with a second one, sweeping out with the weapon as I slash through the air before following through with an inwards swipe towards me.

EXP: 312 | 4791
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

PostSubject: Re: My Home is your Home *   My Home is your Home * EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 4:43 pm

I watch him do the first couple swipes and with a nod, I confirm, “stronger, more fluid…” Since he was swinging a bladed weapon, I would move around to his rear casually with my arms folded and watching his movements. Seeing something that needed correcting my hands unfold and the side of my fist bumps the side of his waist softly as I state, “your bodies strength comes from your core. Train this before anything else… it’s important.” I would continue walking around him taking a few steps back and away as to not hinder the path of his blade; I would want him to keep going. With a nod, I tell him, “keep going. Do not loosen your grip. Don’t stop.” With that, I walk towards the house to leave him there.

I would walk towards the house, taking my time with my steps. It was a pretty hot day outside. I pause and look up for a moment before realizing that constant movement would be harsh on the body. In order for me to train him, I needed to keep him hydrated, thus I go into the house and get the water bucket. From there I leave the house and walk out into the back yard to make sure he was still doing his swings. If he said anything, I would just motion and coax to keep going. From there I would proceed to the village well to fetch some water without saying a word about my departure.

Persona: Battousai | Timeline: Flashback (20 AD) | EXP: 263 / 4702
Back to top Go down
Rune
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
Rune

PostSubject: Re: My Home is your Home *   My Home is your Home * EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 1:10 am

My Home is your Home

Moving the kukri through the air as I swipe in towards me followed by swiping out with the blade I continue the motion and begin to work into a rhythm of motion, my gaze shifting to Jyn as he begins to move behind me. When I feel him bump my waist I narrow my gaze faintly though nod at his comments and try to make corrections and continue with my rhythm of swipes. Tightening my grip on the hilt of the kukri, I continue to swipe in towards my self, followed by a swipe outwards away from my self, trying my best to follow Jyn's instruction. I give a nod to his instruction, " Alright. " I murmur lightly as I keep a tight grip on the hilt of the kurki as I continue to swipe the weapon through the air, first towards me then following through with swiping through the air away from me. Keeping focused on my action and my gaze set ahead of me, I neglect to realize Jyn was on his way back in, instead I come under the impression that he stands behind me, watching me continue through the moves he had show me to do.

EXP: 201 | 4992
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

PostSubject: Re: My Home is your Home *   My Home is your Home * EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 1:21 am

Using the first surveys of the village that I had taken on my arrival and the trip to and from the merchant today, I am able to find my way to the well within the village. From there, I use the bucket gained from Yuki’s house to lower into the well via a strong woven rope. I pull the bucket, now filled with water, back up and hold it by its handle before looking around the village and surveying the atmosphere. I take in mind the elevation of houses, what the structures are made of, and how the people act among other things. As Battosai, my mind was almost always on battle scenarios. I pause from doing this to begin walking back in Yuki’s direction. I had left him to continue swiping and he would probably do so until his arm fell off; that was my goal anyways. I leisurely make my way back to the house that Yuki was allowing me to stay at. Due to the fact that I had taken my time, the round trip of getting the water would be around thirty or so minutes, just a drop in the bucket that would be his training. If all went well, his right arm wouldn’t be much use the next day, but that was fine because then we could start on his left. I didn’t know how much time I would spend here, but I would probably end up being just over a week. On approaching him, I would stand and see how he was doing. If he looked bad, I would probably decide to offer him water, if not, I would go another route; it all depended on his current condition.

Persona: Battousai | Timeline: Flashback (20 AD) | EXP: 291 / 4993
Back to top Go down
Rune
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
Rune

PostSubject: Re: My Home is your Home *   My Home is your Home * EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 1:52 am

My Home is your Home

As I moved the blade through the air I wondered if I should be doing some shout with each action I take, like you see some of those people practicing martial arts do, though if I did that then I would be yelling a lot so perhaps doing it isn't a good idea. Shifting my gaze, I glance up at the sky for a moment, the sun still beamed down upon me and the surrounding area, the unfortunate problem with living in a desert. Taking in a deep breath I hold it for a moment before letting out a light sigh as I shift my gaze back to the task at hand and continue to swipe inwards before following through with an outwards swipe. Still I didn't hear Jyn behind me though he is probably just sitting in the shade resting while I stand out here in the hot sun following through with the motions he had shown me to do. That's how it always his, the teacher gets to sit in the shade while the student toils away in the hot sun practicing. The toll of motion and heat had already started to take effect on me, unfortunately I had not practiced liked this before so the motion is something new to me, though the sun and heat isn't to bad, though given time it can drain the energy out of you quickly. Bringing my free arm up I use my sleeve to whip some sweat from my brow before bringing my arm back down to my side.

EXP: 259 | 5251
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

PostSubject: Re: My Home is your Home *   My Home is your Home * EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 12:04 pm

Upon inspection of Yuki, it seemed like he was doing fine. As someone who lived in the desert, I could attribute this to the fact that his body had become acclimated to the heat in comparison to those not from around this region. Since he was only sweating a little and didn’t seem to be panting or dehydrated, I would wait on offering him water and simply walk the bucket to the porch of the house. After sitting the bucket down, I would sit and rest quietly on the board and sit with my legs folded, watching him go through the procedure. I was glad and a bit impressed at the way he kept going through the motions without question or stopping. I previously assumed that he would get tired around the forty five minute mark, but it looked like he would surprise me. Either way, this repetition would continue until either he couldn’t move his arm anymore, he stopped to ask me how long he had to do it, or until the evening came. The amount of time that would pass before one of these actions would occur would be up to him. It could be hours or minutes, but regardless, as a very patient person, I would remain in a sitting position on the porch waiting to see what his limit was (ooc: you control how long you do this; let me know in hours.)

Persona: Battousai | Timeline: Flashback (20 AD) | EXP: 251 / 5244
Back to top Go down
Rune
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
Rune

PostSubject: Re: My Home is your Home *   My Home is your Home * EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 11:34 pm

My Home is your Home

Continuing to move through the motion Jyn had told me to do, I swipe in towards myself before following through with a swipe out away from my body. Working through the rhythm of the strokes I commit them to memory since they seemed to be the foundation of basic attacks with the weapon, though when I seen other people attack with there swords and knives they always seem to do stabs as well, perhaps that is something I will do eventually. Still I have not heard a thing from Jyn nor has he come and corrected me, so that must mean that I am starting to do this motion the correct way and hold the right form and grip on the hilt of the kukri, which is a good thing, though if I do mess up I hope he will correct me so I can learn how to use this new toy of mine.

As I continue moving through the rhythm following through with each step as Jyn had showed me and made sure I am doing right, to my knowledge at least and hopefully he had not left me to go do something else. Though I had grown use to the desert with my time here the conditions will still tire someone who lives here out and the added stress of the motion I had to go through repeatedly with no break. It was only a matter of time before the fatigue from the action and conditions of the day would begin to catch up with me in leaps and bounds, first as minor things but eventually, with in two hours, it finally comes to the point where I am unable to continue on any more at the moment and let my arm fall to my side as I release my grip on the kukri and hunch over, bracing myself with my left hand on my knee.

EXP: 317 | 5568
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

PostSubject: Re: My Home is your Home *   My Home is your Home * EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 6:11 pm

There is a shift in the light energy around me. My eyes open from my meditation when I feel his rhythm suddenly stop. His breathing and swings had been making a light sound in the air, now that there were no more sounds, it would prompt me that he had finally finished. My gaze lifts and I look to the male who was slumped over after practically working his arm off. With that, I stand up and pick up the water that rested to my side. With it, I walk towards him, as it was finally time for him to take a break. After making it to him, I set down the water and advise, “drink.” Of course, I assumed he would have to do this with his left hand as lifting the bucket of water with his right might be a bit difficult for him to do in his current condition. While he is drinking, I would be busying myself in pulling out something from the folds of clothing on me. Finding a long tape like bandage, I pull it out and unroll it holding it ominously as I wait for him to either drink or do something else.

Persona: Battousai | Timeline: Flashback (20 AD) | EXP: 202 / 5446
Back to top Go down
Rune
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
Rune

PostSubject: Re: My Home is your Home *   My Home is your Home * EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 10:08 pm

My Home is your Home
Hunched over, bracing myself with my still good hand I continue take in breaths of air as I try and regain my composer. " Come on, this isn't nothing. " I murmur softly to myself between breaths of air, " W- " I begin to murmur again though the bucket being set next to me pulls my attention to it before I glance up to Jyn as he says to drink. Nodding my head faintly I turn my attention back to the bucket of water and begin to reach out with my right arm. As I lift my right arm to reach out for the bucket a jolt of pain surges through my arm and I quickly let it go limp as I inhale sharply at the pain. Well, that arm isn't going to be of any use for the time being. Letting out a light sigh I shift and reach out with my left hand and scoop up some of the water in my hand and bring it up, sipping the water from my cupped hand. Finishing off the bit of water I had gotten from the bucket I reach down and scoop up some more and quickly gulp it down. Reaching into the bucket I scoop up some of the water and splash it on my face before getting another gulp of water from the bucket. Gripping the bucket with my left hand I bring it up and tip it up, poring some of the water out over my head. After poring some of the water onto my head I let out a sight of relief and set the bucket down before turning my attention to Jyn, " Thanks for the drink. " I comment before glancing to the bandage he holds.

EXP: 294 | 5862
Persona: Yuki
Timeline: Flashback (20 AD??)
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

PostSubject: Re: My Home is your Home *   My Home is your Home * EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 10:23 pm

For the moment, I would watch him drink the water and step back to give him room when he poured some of it over his head. Overall I would approve of him and not be too upset that Jyn’Rai had offered my teaching services to him; I liked him. With a nod, I would accept his thanks for the drink and when he was done, I would walk up to where his blade was dropped on the ground and pick it up. As I do so, I would tell him, “hold up your right arm.” I knew it would be a hard task for him given his state, but I simply needed him to do the best he could. After picking up his blade, I would walk over to him holding the blade by its dull side and offer the hilt to his right hand ordering, “hold your sword. You’re never supposed to let go.” After he held his sword the best he could, I would then use the bandage to wrap around his hand so that I would be tying his hand to his sword. I would make sure the grip was properly reinforced and that he wouldn’t be able to easily let go of his sword with the bandage like that, and when that was completed, I would be satisfied and step back then nod. I tell him, “your arm will rest for now. Now your waist…” I would motion for him to do as I did, placing my feet shoulder width apart and stating, “do not move your feet” and from there I would squat and lift up explaining, “claws strengthen the cat’s pounce. The strength of the bounce comes from your foundation.” Motioning to him, I would order, “go…” and just like with the sword, he would be doing this until he couldn’t do it anymore.

Persona: Battousai | Timeline: Flashback (20 AD) | EXP: 310 / 5756
Back to top Go down
Rune
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
Rune

PostSubject: Re: My Home is your Home *   My Home is your Home * EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 10:39 pm

My Home is your Home
Looking at the bandage, my first thought is that he is going to use it to tie around my hand and bandage it up, though I'm not sure if that is what I need at the moment, it really isn't injured in such a manner that requires a bandage, perhaps some rest and relaxation, yeah that sounds great right about now. As he begins to move I watch him with my gaze and shift it to my kukri as he lifts it from the sand. When he tells me to hold up my right arm a frown takes form on my face as I glance down at my right arm for a moment, is he trying to torture me? Growling softly at the order I begin to lift my right arm, again as I do so pain starts to shoot through my arm causing me to growl more at it though I continue to slowly lift my arm through the pain, pain is something I have grown accustom too in my time and deep down grown to like the feeling. With my right arm up now I keep my gaze fixed on Jyn as he comes back over to me. When he offers the hilt of the kukri and tells me to hold it, I slip my right hand around it though my grip on the weapon isn't as nearly as tight or strong as it had been before. I find out what the bandages is for as he begins to wrap it around my hand in a manner in which I cannot let go of my kukri and drop it again. When he finishes and tells me I can rest my arm I am a bit relieved, though it seemed I would be training another part of my body now, my waist? I wonder on what he means by this as I watch him begin to show me what I need to do. As I watch him I begin to shift, moving my feet out so they are shoulder width apart like Jyns. With my gaze fixed on him I listen to his instruction and watch him as he preforms a squat and lifts back up. When he finishes with instructing me to go I give a faint nod and begin to descend as he had done, preforming a sqaut before I start to raise back up.

EXP: 398 | 6260
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

PostSubject: Re: My Home is your Home *   My Home is your Home * EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 10:58 pm

I watch the first squat, which was performed more or less fine. With a nod, I would show my approval and coax on with motions for him to do it again. “Keep going…” I would instruct while walking back over to the porch. Unlike with his arm, this actually would affect most of his lower body including his calves, thighs, and abs. Thus since this was working more of him, I inspected him not to last the full 2 hours that he did with the swiping exercise. My goal for him with this was balance and lower half strength; overall I was attempting to break down his body to build it back up in a manner that would favor what I felt was needed to effectively use a sword. With his sword in his hand, he would have to be mindful of it with his current up and down movements; it would be too awkward for it to touch tip to the ground with each squat, but incase he didn’t’ get it, I would instruct, “never let your sword touch the ground.” Turning around when I reach the porch, I step onto it and cross my legs in sitting back down while facing him. “Swiftly up, slowly down,” I would instruct as the correct way of doing the squat and if he were to adjust the way he did it, I would say “good.” If he messed up, I would repeat the instructions. I would see if he could go a full thirty minutes without stopping before saying anything. If he spoke within this time frame or stopped, then I would respond to him.

Persona: Battousai | Timeline: Flashback (20 AD) | EXP: 283 / 6039
Back to top Go down
Rune
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
Rune

PostSubject: Re: My Home is your Home *   My Home is your Home * EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 11:23 pm

My Home is your Home
I knew that one wasn't going to be enough, if it is anything like the swipes he had me do before then I will be doing this until I can no longer stand. That thought was rather reassuring and as he tells me to keep going I give a faint nod and begin to descend once again moving down into a squat before I raise back up. After the second I begin to go back down and again and start to repeat the pattern of going down into a squat before coming back up. As I descend the kukri begins to touch the ground and force my arm to move, in turn sending a surge of pain up my arm and through my body. It is only after this that I hear the comment from Jyn about never letting my sword touch the ground. An easy task as keeping my kukri from touching the ground is turned into a more painful task when it is not so easy to move my arm, though as I begin to descend once again I also adjust my right arm and lift the kurki up, moving it up towards my chest as I descend into a squat. Though it pained me to do so I keep my right arm resting against my chest to keep the kukri from touching the ground. Watching Jyn as he sits back down I thought about doing so, but in doing so I would forgo training at the moment and possibly all together. As he makes the comment I give a nod, " Alright. " I say as I start to move down slowly, moving into a squat before pushing back up swiftly as he had instructed.

Up and down I continue to move, going down slowly into a squat before pushing up at a more accelerated pace as he had instructed. Though I didn't know how long I was to keep this up I knew that I would end up stopping at some point, either with Jyn telling me to or when I run out of stamina and succumbing to the pain. As I continue on I could feel the burn in my calf muscles as I work the muscles with the repeated action, as well as the muscles in my thighs and abs, this was probably going take me out of the game tomorrow. The pain in my arm began to turn into a dull pain as my mind became use to the feeling of pain with each squat I took though the fatigue placed upon my leg and stomach muscles began to take its tole as time passed. Unlike when I was swiping through the air with my arm which only worked my arm the action of squatting took more then just one set of muscles to do, this drew upon my legs and lower body and at about forty five minutes I find my body unable to continue on with the squats and I come to realize this as I try to push up from a squat but end up falling onto my back and let out a " Ugh. " as I lay in the sand.

EXP: 531 | 6791
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Home is your Home *   My Home is your Home * Empty

Back to top Go down

My Home is your Home *
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next