Shintheory Role-Playing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shintheory Role-Playing

Welcome to the HUB of Shintheory Roleplaying!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sunset Surprise *

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Surreal
New Recruit
New Recruit
Surreal

Rep! : 6

Sunset Surprise * Empty
PostSubject: Sunset Surprise *   Sunset Surprise * EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 1:49 am

Down at the edge of the water, where the compacted sand was just beginning to dry after the tide had recently receded, the young woman lays atop a long towel staring off into the rapidly reddening sky. Much like she used to do as a little girl, the woman kept her eyes focused on the horizon, on the very spot where sky met water and where she could imagine that fabled breathy hiss as the first curve of the dying sun dipped into the sea. It had been a lazy day for the most part, searching the beach for long forgotten treasure to pass the time on her free day. While she was no longer that young child who could spend every daylight hour digging through the sand, she still longed to unearth some priceless discovery from the time before memories. Her parents had thought the adventurous streak adorable when she was little, especially the way she would drag her adopted brother along whether he was interested or not, but as she grew and the streak never waned, they had begun to worry. They feared she would never make anything of herself, never learn to support herself or start a family. She tossed their fears aside for now, she was still young and had plenty of time to do those things and many more, just like she had plenty of time to lay on the beach in her swimwear and enjoy another stunning sunset.

263exp
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

Rep! : 56

Sunset Surprise * Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunset Surprise *   Sunset Surprise * EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 2:05 am

It would be after having an interesting conversation with a mage in the more populated areas of Mare Maris that I would be on my way out of the city. Before I left the region completely, I had two stops to which I alluded to Deus, whom I had just met the previous day, on where I had to go. Since things were over with the dark mage, I would be reverted back to my default persona of Jyn’Ko from Jyneil, and I would be heading in the direction of a familiar house. After visiting this house that I was on my way to, I would visit my former home, if not just to glance at it, and after that, I would be on my way. In my current tour of Mare Maris, I hadn’t found any further information on Baek or the mage who assisted in the death of my family, so as such, my traveling would continue, seemingly forever. It was fine, though, since I had grown accustomed to traveling in this manner.

My gaze shifts towards the west where the sun was setting among the celestial bodies in the sky. The evening was coming in as the day was heading out. I had spent a bit too much time speaking with the mage and running around, but if needed, I could travel at night, which would be cooler and possibly safer from at least humans, since I knew this area like the back of my hand. Of course, that was thanks to Meloli. Among the people of this world, she probably knew me the best despite the comparatively short amount of time that we spent together. There were the years of my childhood, followed by the two years after my family was killed and then I visited sporadically between then and now. In turn, I felt I had a good understanding of her and considered her an important figure in my life.

Soon, I would be coming along the beach near her house. It is while walking along this beach that I would catch sigh of her, or who I thought to be her as I made my approach. I would come from the side rear of her; a grin would cross the lower portion of my face as I saw her there. She seemed to be enjoying herself on this lovely day as she often did in the past. She had grown up pretty nicely; it was hard to believe that I used to share a room with her. Deciding to announce the surprise of my random arrival, I would speak in a light and welcoming tone, “you look comfortable… hey Meloli…”

459 / 459 | Persona: Jyn'Rai
Back to top Go down
Surreal
New Recruit
New Recruit
Surreal

Sunset Surprise * Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunset Surprise *   Sunset Surprise * EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 2:17 am

She was waiting for that moment, for that soft sigh of day becoming night, and all of her attention was focused on that single spot in the horizon. But a sigh was not the sound that reached her ears, instead it was a voice almost as familiar to her as her own. Despite the years of being apart adding up to more than their years together, the owner of that voice was every bit as much a part of her as her own blood kin. Her body shot up from the reclining position in an instant as her chestnut hair whipped in the breeze while she turned to him with a smile brighter than a thousand suns. Having completely forgotten the stupendous sunset taking place over the water, because to have him here if only for a moment was more wondrous than anything the boring old sun could do, she started for him at a run. Since he knew her so well, better than even her parents probably, he should be prepared for the flying leap she would launch into and the full body hug she would land in with all four limbs wrapped around his body if at all possible. "Ohmigosh! I can't believe you're here!!! I've missed you soooo much!!" Her words would begin halfway through the air and most likely end muffled against his neck if she got her way... which she fully expected given that he had made her wait so long to see him again.

262exp
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

Sunset Surprise * Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunset Surprise *   Sunset Surprise * EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 2:26 am

The smile received on recognition of my voice only increases my own beaming countenance. With my right hand holding onto the draw strings of the duffle bag that was resting against my back, I release the bag, allowing it to fall to the ground so that my arms would be open for when she leapt onto me. It was good that I had gotten a little bulkier so that she didn’t drive me to the ground with the pounce. As her arms and legs wrapped about my frame, I would hold her up and mention, “I missed you too.” I could feel warmth and softness from the form that was pressed against me; it was like lying in a soft bed after a hard day of working, standing and walking. It had been a while since I had come back; I didn’t mean to make her wait. I attempt to explain, “you know, when I’m traveling these days fly past... but, you’ve grown even more; I’m almost surprised… you look good.” It was nice to have such a beautiful young woman clinging onto me, and on top of that, her proportions were pretty nice as well. This was the woman who Jin promised as a little boy to make his wife. If he ever made good on that promise, I knew that we would be a lucky man.

238 / 697 | Persona: Jyn'Rai
Back to top Go down
Surreal
New Recruit
New Recruit
Surreal

Sunset Surprise * Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunset Surprise *   Sunset Surprise * EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 2:36 am

Finishing off the full body hug with an extra squeeze for good measure... and maybe to get a little idea of just what all that traveling was doing to and for his body... Meloli released him and stepped back to take in the whole picture. Of course his words would finally register, at which point her hand would immediately find her nicely curved hip and her chest would puff out toward his face a bit more. "Hey! Are you almost surprised that I look good or that I've grown more? Cause I don't remember you ever complaining about how I looked before and just because you've been everywhere and seen everything now doesn't mean you get to come back home and compare me to all those gorgeous and exotic women you've met along the way." Mostly her tone was playful, but when she spoke of his travels there was a definite hint of jealousy with a possibility of bitterness sprinkled in the mix. On a few of his visits she had begged him to take her with him, to not leave her behind yet again, but she'd stopped begging the last couple of times. She'd finally figured out that what he was doing out there for months or years at a time was something only he could do. It was his journey, his quest, and she would continue to wait patiently here at home for him to finally return to her for good.

258 exp
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

Sunset Surprise * Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunset Surprise *   Sunset Surprise * EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 2:42 am

My hands release her waist as I allow her to step back. My visage would maintain an amused look at her talk of exotic women; the world was also full of very ugly women, so it wasn’t like the travels were always great. There were even women who could easily be mistaken for as men and then men who looked like women, which was a degree scarier as well. My gaze becomes a bit serious as he steps forwards and assures her, “I spoke wrong. I can’t really compare you to anyone else.” I bring my right hand up and to the side of her face holding it lightly for a moment as I adds, “travels or not, you’re the most beautiful woman I think I’ll ever see.” Unable to really hold myself back from doing so, my body leans forwards as I continue to enter her personal space with an attempt to bring my lips to hers. If they met with hers, my arms would follow to bring her back into my embrace once again in kind of a welcoming kiss. I was getting ready to go on a long journey again, she was here, beautiful and well… her, so I couldn’t really blame myself for wanting to kiss her soft and inviting lips.

221 / 918 | Persona: Jyn'Rai
Back to top Go down
Surreal
New Recruit
New Recruit
Surreal

Sunset Surprise * Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunset Surprise *   Sunset Surprise * EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 3:00 am

Like any girl who happens to find the man she hopes to marry at such an early age, Meloli had moments of doubt over the years. Those moments usually came during the extended periods of time when he would be gone and not sending word home regularly. She would lie in bed and dream at night of all the women he could be meeting out there, or all of the misfortune that could befall him along the way. She would sometimes lose sleep worrying that he had truly forgotten her this time around, or that he had found something to change his mind and his feelings. His words, assuring her that her fears were still as baseless as ever, melted her heart within her heaving bosom. Her cheek fit perfectly against his hand, as it always had and she hoped it always would, and she leaned ever so slightly into his touch. The sea itself couldn't have ripped her from that position and nothing in all of the world could have made her move away as he leaned in to gift her with a kiss. Somewhere along the way, as her feelings had grown from innocent childhood promises to something so real she physically ached, Meloli had truly fallen for her best friend, even to the point of believing that she had been made especially for him. She could not imagine ever wanting another man to lean forward and place his lips against hers as much as she wanted him to do just that. As his travel roughened lips met her soft and unused ones, her body moved easily into his embrace. Her arms rose to slide along his shoulders and fingers rose to dance and twine themselves in his unruly, slightly spiky hairdo. He wouldn't be here long, he never stayed long enough for her, so she was bound and determined to make the most of what precious time she did have.

346exp
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

Sunset Surprise * Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunset Surprise *   Sunset Surprise * EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 3:59 pm

I would allow my lips to linger on hers for a moment as we shared the embrace before I would pull back, my lips trailing from hers. For a moment I was gaze at her face and feel the softness of her body before seemingly remembering something which would be apparent on my visage. “Oh,” I recall with this revelation, “I got you something.” I would motion towards the bag that I had been carrying. My hands trail from her body as my form slides from her and I move to the bag that I had been traveling with all this time. I crouch at the bag, slacking the draw string to look around inside of it until I find what I am looking for. Hiding it in my hands, I move back to her and present my hands to her before opening them. Inside would be a small necklace with tiny silver links and a pebble sized shiny blue stone as the charm. I explain, “I picked it up near Medius. The merchant called it the Tear of the Heavens. He hassled me a bit on the barter, but I thought that you’d like it so I had to get it for you.”

205 / 1123 | Persona: Jyn'Rai
Back to top Go down
Surreal
New Recruit
New Recruit
Surreal

Sunset Surprise * Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunset Surprise *   Sunset Surprise * EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 5:43 pm

When the kiss was broken she instinctively licked her lips, as if she could draw the moment out a bit longer or savor it just a little more. Even after the mention of a present she still didn't want him to let her go, but of course she would do nothing to stop him as he released her and bent down to his bag. The young woman tried not to appear too overly excited, despite the fact that her stomach had been invaded by vigorously charged jumping beans, as she waited for him to reveal whatever he had found on his journey and thought she deserved. When his hands opened to reveal what was easily the most beautiful necklace she had ever seen, Meloli could not contain her squeal of delight. Both of her hands rise to hold his as she peers in for a closer look. "Oh! It's absolutely magnificent! Thank you. I love it..." Her golden brown eyes rise to his face as a knowing grin spreads over her lips. "...but of course I still love you more than any old rock, even this pretty sparkly one." She wondered if he would remember her promise from when they were little and watched his expression closely for any sign of recognition.

226exp
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

Sunset Surprise * Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunset Surprise *   Sunset Surprise * EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 7:08 pm

My face lightens up as she seemingly remembers the words that she told me so long ago that time we were treasure hunting. I remembered the time we shared together. It helped that I had 6 different personas to help me with my memory, even if I only had two at the time I was with her. “Still?” I inquire in an inquiringly teasing tone with her, “…there are some really pretty rocks in the world. You need to get around more.” Lifting my hands from hers, I lean forwards and separate the clasp of the necklace. I place it around her neck and lean into her so that I could lock the clasp behind her neck before stepping back and allowing the stone to rest comfortably above her ample bikini clad bosom. Teasing her on her bust size, I make the observation, “if it hangs too low, you might lose it forever…” Looking back up at her from her chest, I comment, “so make sure to be careful with it. I want it to remind you of me.” I contemplated on whether I should go and visit her family as well while I was here; now that I was looking at her, it made me want to go ahead and stay the night rather than move onto traveling.

226 / 1349 | Persona: Jyn'Rai
Back to top Go down
Surreal
New Recruit
New Recruit
Surreal

Sunset Surprise * Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunset Surprise *   Sunset Surprise * EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 7:52 pm

"Yes, still." She answered with a blushing smile. "Pretty rocks won't catch me when I give them a leaping hug... or kiss me hello. I don't care how sparkly they are, rocks have nothing on you." She was still speaking while he leaned forward to clasp the necklace behind her but fell silent as she pulled her hair free from the linked chain. When his eyes fall to her chest a soft blush of color washes over the sun kissed flesh. "If it gets lost I don't think it will be gone forever... you could always find it for me the next time you breeze through town." She liked this sexually charged teasing going on between them, it felt good to still be this easy around him, and it was also causing a bit of warmth to spread in certain regions. Lifting her hand to the bauble at her throat, her fingers gently stroke the sparkling gem as she gazes up to him thoughtfully. "It's almost time for supper, are you staying the night? You know your bed is still in the same spot as always." This last part was said with a mischievous glint in her eye and a playful smirk at her lips.

214exp
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

Sunset Surprise * Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunset Surprise *   Sunset Surprise * EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 8:21 pm

It was good to know that she still felt the same way; there was a warm and fuzzy sensation along with the happiness I felt. There really wasn’t anything stopping her from meeting a knight or gentleman from the monarchy and forgetting about me; I suppose I was just either lucky or it was meant to be. I was certain that a young woman of her beauty would be a hot commodity within the town limits. A smirk returns the teasing from her and with the question, I only think on it for a small amount of time before admitting, “it would probably be better for me to stay the night since I’m going to be traveling most of the day tomorrow. Besides, the last I recalled, my bed was pretty comfortable.” The thought of supper was a good thing as well; I could use getting something into my stomach to either work off or sleep off. “I should probably say hey to your folks as well,” I admit since they had assisted in raising me for those two years and all. With that, I would wait on her to see if she wanted to linger here some more or make our way back to her place.

214 / 1563 | Persona: Jyn'Rai
Back to top Go down
Surreal
New Recruit
New Recruit
Surreal

Sunset Surprise * Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunset Surprise *   Sunset Surprise * EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 9:03 pm

The young woman could not contain her joy upon hearing her world traveler admit that staying the night would be a good idea. The quip about his bed being comfortable earned him a sheepish grin as she slid her eyes back to the horizon and let out a soft giggle. "Yeah, your bed is quite comfortable, maybe even moreso than mine... not that I've been sleeping or doing anything else in it or anything." In the hopes of ending that particular conversation before it could start, Meloli turned and started to head for the house, fully expecting him to grab his bag and follow, while possibly enjoying the view she provided. Calling back over her shoulder, not looking back just in case he wasn't watching her walk, her voice reached him easily over the muted waves crashing on the far out tide. "Dad is off on a hunting trip, he'll be sorry he missed you, but Mom is here... and you know she would smack you with her spoon if she heard you call them MY folks, so watch it once we're inside." She understood why he referred to them that way, when you boil it down they weren't his parents, but they do love him like he was their own son and did get a little hurt when he spoke of them as only Meloli's parents.

241exp
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

Sunset Surprise * Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunset Surprise *   Sunset Surprise * EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 10:22 pm

An eyebrow rises at her mention of my bed being more comfortable than hers. I note the swift retreat and a grin tugs at my lip before I turn around and walk to my bag. Crouching down, I pick it up and hoist it around my shoulder to rest on my back. With my bag secure, I move to follow after Meloli as she leads the way to the house, and yes, the view was enjoyed from the rear as I took my time to catch up. With the warning I use my free hand to scratch the back of my neck sheepishly as I recall, “oh yeah, that’s right.” I definitely didn’t want the spoon. I come along to her side eventually and walk with her. While walking, my free arm reaches out and comes to grip about her waist, pulling her a little closer to me playfully. I would walk with her like this and playfully mess with her instead of doing something like holding hands until we came within range of the house. After making it to the house, I would release her waist and walk upright and on my own allowing her to lead the way inside.

203 / 1766 | Persona: Jyn'Rai
Back to top Go down
Surreal
New Recruit
New Recruit
Surreal

Sunset Surprise * Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunset Surprise *   Sunset Surprise * EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 7:57 pm

She loved that he took his time catching up with her, if he hadn't been enjoying the view he would have closed the distance in only a couple of strides. The fact that she was halfway up the dunes to the house by the time his hand reached for her waist and pulled her closer put a satisfied grin on her lips and added a bit of a bounce to her step. Walking with him, playing around instead of holding hands, was perfect in her mind... especially since her parents still thought of the two of them as siblings more than anything else. Sure, her mother had often remarked about how sweet it would be if they ended up together, but Meloli wondered if the woman really felt that way or not. She took his release of her when they reached the house as a sign of respect, both for her and for her mother who was preparing dinner inside. Opening the door and crossing the threshold first, the young woman heads for the kitchen as she calls out to her mother. "Mom... set another place for dinner, we have a guest joining us." The woman who had taken in the orphaned boy and tried her best to be a decent mother to him came around the corner wiping her hands on the apron tied at her waist. "What do you mean.... Oh my stars! That's no guest, Meloli! What a lovely surprise! Your father is going to be so jealous that he wasn't here tonight. You must be tuckered out from your travels, go put your bag in your room and clean up for supper. You can tell us all about your latest adventures while we eat." She tried to keep it brief, mainly because she began to tear up somewhere in the middle of her greeting, but she did make the time to give him a warm, welcoming hug before making her way back to the kitchen to finish the preparations.

346exp
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

Sunset Surprise * Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunset Surprise *   Sunset Surprise * EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 8:31 pm

As I come through the door, it warms my heart a bit at the reception I get from my other mother. I walk over to her and lean in when the hug is given before releasing her and nodding with a “yes ma’am” to going to put my things away so that I could be ready for dinner. “It smells great,” I would compliment, “it sure brings back memories of the wonderful things you used to make while I was here.” With that, I would proceed through the nostalgia of the house to make it to the room that Meloli and I both shared. After walking in there, I would stand and look around to see what had changed and what stayed the same. From the looks of my bed, I wondered if she really slept in it or not. Either way, I place my bag down by my bed and take a moment to take a load off and prepare for supper.

It isn’t long before I re emerge into the kitchen area and come back into the warm atmosphere that had first greeted me on my arrival. I make the comment, “so have you finally taught Meloli how to cook yet?” Regardless if she was a good cook the last time I visited or not, I would still tease her the same, “…or is she still making sand pies?”

230 / 1996 | Persona: Jyn'Rai
Back to top Go down
Surreal
New Recruit
New Recruit
Surreal

Sunset Surprise * Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunset Surprise *   Sunset Surprise * EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 8:55 pm

The older woman thanks him for the compliment and tells him that the food will be ready in just a few minutes before completely disappearing into the kitchen. Meloli would take the last part of their interaction as an opportunity to dash into their room before him. By the time he reaches the door, she would be ready to exit and go help the mother with setting the table so he can have some time alone. His side of the room would be exactly as he left it, though there were obvious signs of upkeep, the linens on the bed being clean and what possessions he had left not being allowed to collect dust. Meloli's side had evolved a good deal over the years, there were still signs of the little girl she had once been... a doll here, a stuffed toy there, and all the treasures they had found together... but signs of her maturity were the most prominent, objects meant for women as opposed to girls and a new growing collection of hat should be called artifacts instead of simply treasure. Any proof that she had used his bed was long gone, well hidden or disposed of, but there could possibly be a slight aroma of her personal scent when his bag hit the mattress.

When he returned to the kitchen, both women would be moving around in a graceful dance of putting the food on the table. It was clear that Meloli had at least learned to share the domestic space fluidly with her mother. At his teasing questions the younger women paused while leaning over the table and shot him a glare complete with extended tongue while the older woman let out a warm chuckle and nodded her head. "While sand pies are still her specialty, I have managed to pass along enough knowledge to not only prevent her from killing whatever man tries to make an honest woman out of her, but to also keep him healthy and energized enough so that he can hunt to provide then still come home and make me lots of grandbabies." The older woman was joining in on the teasing but there was an odd look in her eye as she spoke of her daughter's possible future.

406exp
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

Sunset Surprise * Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunset Surprise *   Sunset Surprise * EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 9:29 pm

“Heh,” I blush lightly as she speaks about someone making Meloli an honest woman and producing off spring. It was still a bit early for all of that for me, and as the voice in my head would remind me, though that would be great and fulfilling, I had something to do. I give a nervous chuckle in the afterglow of the comment simply agreeing, “is that so…” I didn’t know how to respond to that; I didn’t want to let any cats out of the bag by saying anything more, so in continuing with the sibling like vibe, I confirm in an overprotective manner, “well, she can’t be with any man unless he passes my test first…” Moving to the table, I sit at it and simply watch the two of them continue in the kitchen as I clarify, “test one is being able to survive a mile off of the coast at least twenty feet under water for a full day…” With a nod, I figure that would be an easy enough task for step one; step two consisted of something more along the lines of ‘over my dead body.’ I continue, changing lanes, “so I see the main town had grown a lot since last I came.”

213 / 2209 | Persona: Jyn'Rai
Back to top Go down
Surreal
New Recruit
New Recruit
Surreal

Sunset Surprise * Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunset Surprise *   Sunset Surprise * EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 10:06 pm

The younger female rolls her eyes at her mother's words and forces herself not to glance across the room to the man she was counting on to fill that future position at some later time. She busies her hands with distribution of the dishes and utensils while waiting for the response from the only male in the house. After breathing a silent sigh of relief that he did not choose this moment to reveal anything she launches into the familiar sibling act right along with him. In a dramatic move her hand flies to her forehead as she feigns terrible distress and lets out an anguished moan. "Oh, woe is me... I'm going to die wrinkled and alone surrounded by my legion of cats that will then turn on their loving mistress in her time of passing and eat my flesh from my bones! Oh why, great spirit, why have you forsaken me?" Her outburst earned the young woman a swift, playful swat to her behind from the mother and a genuine chuckle of delight as the sight of her to children falling so easily into the typical sibling routine warms her aging heart. "Enough, both of you. Her man will pass your father's test and it will not be anything that guarantees his death." The older woman tried to be stern, but failed miserably at it and shifted the topic to the male's final observation to save face. "Yes, it has grown quite a bit over the years, the spread of prosperity and all that. I just hope it doesn't keep growing enough to reach our peaceful beach here. We picked this spot for the solitude and tranquility, having the commerce of a town spread this far would put an end to that for sure." With that said, and Meloli finishing up the setting of the table, the mother brings the large stew pot over and sets it in the middle of the table beside the fresh baked loaf of bread she'd already placed there. Both women take their seats, on either side of the male around the circular table, and bow their heads respectfully for a moment of thanks before enjoying the meal.

396exp
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

Sunset Surprise * Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunset Surprise *   Sunset Surprise * EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 7:43 pm

Rubbing my chin, I come to the conclusion that cats aren’t all that bad; if that’s what made her happy, then I could go out and fetch her a tiger, or something similar to keep her company until my return. Of course, the thought was a jest and a sarcastic response from Battousai. Most of me hushed him at the moment as I continue to enjoy the warm family atmosphere that I found myself in. The mention of her father’s test was a bit unsettling though; I hadn’t thought about having to pass a test. I figured that I could just waltz in and claim her whenever the time was right. I nod listening to the comments about the city’s size and watch with anticipation as the pot is carried over to the table and set down. A smile grew on my face as my gaze remained on it. Looking around, I saw the heads bowed for the moment of silence, and though I didn’t know why it was done, it was often done when I lived there, so as a practiced behavior, I partook as well. When it was over, I would resume the conversation speaking offhandedly, “the ruling party seem to be able to hold this coast together fine. This government thing might not be such a bad invention. I hear in the south, desert tribes are starting to form under a small group of individuals.” Looking to Meloli, I would give a grin as I looked between her and my plate ordering, “feed your big brother, woman!”

275 / 2484 | Persona: Jyn'Rai
Back to top Go down
Surreal
New Recruit
New Recruit
Surreal

Sunset Surprise * Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunset Surprise *   Sunset Surprise * EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 8:24 pm

After completing the moment of reflection, Meloli unfolds her napkin and places it in her lap while he speaks on the ruling class keeping the coast together. He also mentions that some desert tribes are banding together elsewhere in the world which causes the young woman to wrinkle her nose in disdain. The gesture wasn't because of any dislike for desert people or the region itself, it was an often observed look the girl had whenever her brother/beau returned with details of his travels. It was inspired by nothing more than jealousy at his unrestrained freedom on what she saw as an endless adventure. The older woman would agree with his observation about government and remark on how interesting the desert information was, she didn't usually join in on political discussions so there was nothing for her to really add to the topic, she much preferred to hear the more exciting details of what her adopted son had seen and experienced since his last visit.

When he looks to the younger woman, whose hand is poised over the serving ladle getting ready to fill her own bowl with the delicious smelling stew, and barks his order for her to feed him a dark looks dances in her eyes for a brief second. She toys with the idea of slinging the serving of steaming stew right into his face, or better yet pouring it into his lap in hopes of burning his tender nuggets, but of course she is just too nice for that (not to mention the fact that she will be alone in a closed room with him overnight and fears any possible retribution his devilish mind can think up). Instead she plasters on a sickeningly sweet smile and reaches for his bowl. While filling it to the brim with the best chunks of meat, starch, and vegetables, her eyes communicate clearly that she intends on fully punishing him for that comment at some later time. After his bowl is once again set in front of him and she continues with the serving ritual by doing the same for their mother, the girl grins across the table and notes that, "his travels seem to have made him a little cocky, wouldn't you agree Mother? Perhaps we should remind him how things work here at home and give him clean up duty." Even though cleaning is seen as a woman's chore, both children earned their fair share of cleaning punishments over the course of their couple years as a troublesome twosome. Of course Meloli knew better than to think her mother would really ask or tell a grown man to clean up after the evening meal, even if he was the prodigal son turned cocky butthead home for a short visit.

510exp
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

Sunset Surprise * Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunset Surprise *   Sunset Surprise * EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 10:01 pm

“Heh,” a nervous grin tugs at the side of my lips as I receive the message loud and clear while my food is being prepared for me. Still, the fact that she was giving me a pretty hearty portion suggested that hopefully I would have a reason to spend my strength tonight. I give a soft, “thanks” as the bowl is set back before me. I coax myself that I would just sweet talk her a little later. Looking down at the food, my right hand reaches for my utensils, picking them up and pressing a fork into one of the meaty portions within the stew that was presented in front of me; I couldn’t wait to dig in. I chuckle lightly at the jest that Meloli portrays as I counter, “I wouldn’t want to take away from your domestication training. If you’re going to become my…” I pause catching myself before I decide to drop the topic while quickly moving on, “or um, some man’s wife… Erm, but, um… Like I was saying, I have to pass through Medius in order to get to the desert areas. There’re some pretty treacherous mountains between the northern areas and the southern areas as well. The climate change between the areas is pretty steep. It’s nothing like the coast here. I’m going to see if I can put together my own world map.” After running my mouth for a moment, I would actually begin to eat the delicious stew that was placed before me.

268 / 2752 | Persona: Jyn'Rai
Back to top Go down
Surreal
New Recruit
New Recruit
Surreal

Sunset Surprise * Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunset Surprise *   Sunset Surprise * EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 9:39 pm

Since Meloli was being kind enough to dish up and serve the stew, her mother had taken it upon herself to slice and butter the freshly baked loaf of bread... and it was a blessing she did. When the cocky male begins to voice his witty retort, both women anticipate pretty much everything he is going to say (it isn't like this conversation or one very similar doesn't happen every time the man pops in for a visit). After the first quip about domestic training, the mother sort of zones out to focus on the bread in her hands while Meloli's attention perks up as he continues. Just when the 'my' begins to form on his lips the serving ladle slips from her panicked fingers and drops to the wooden table with a loud clatter. Thankfully her clumsiness is an added distraction that aided in the mother not catching that especially boneheaded slip of the tongue. When he goes on, quickly beginning his interrupted statement with 'some man's wife', it sounds to the mother as if the daughter's accident had been all that broke the man's flow of speech. Of course while he's yammering on about treacherous mountains and climate differences, the young woman is busily cleaning up the mess she made and shooting him looks that communicate her desire to show him first hand exactly what treacherous really means.

After everything returns to normal and the bonehead finally fills his mouth with food, Meloli feels comfortable enough to begin enjoying her own bowl of stew and slice of bread, with no butter because she has recently begun to prefer it this way. The two women fall into relative silence for a few moments, too focused on the meal to try and squeeze conversation out of the vault that is Jin. Though Meloli usually ignores the fact, both women have learned over the years just how many questions the man can be peppered with before he stops answering freely and closes up shop. The mother is now happy to allow him to volunteer information as he wishes, but of course the same will probably never be true for the young woman who hopes to some day become his wife.

414exp
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

Sunset Surprise * Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunset Surprise *   Sunset Surprise * EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 10:50 pm

As luck would have it, the cat wouldn’t be out of the bag about our relationship and it didn’t seem as if the mother had heard the slip up I made. Still, one glance to Meloli informed that she was not too happy about the slip up; it was okay though, since I would attempt to be more careful in the future. The food was good and during eating, I would pause for a moment and compliment the chief speaking, “it’s just as good as I remember. There’s no food out there in this world that can compare with yours, mother.” With that, I would continue eating the food in front of me. Reaching for bread, I dip the slice into the stew and eat that portion with my hands before re wielding the fork in the other hand. In this manner, I show my appreciation by eating everything that is placed before me. By the time I’m finished, I would of course be thirsty and drink whatever water or ale was provided by my lovely hostesses. When the food was done, I would lean back and hold my hand over my stomach in a satisfied manner.

205 / 2957 | Persona: Jyn'Rai
Back to top Go down
Surreal
New Recruit
New Recruit
Surreal

Sunset Surprise * Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunset Surprise *   Sunset Surprise * EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 11:18 pm

Meloli and her mother set about devouring their food in a much more dainty manner than the starved world traveler, they actually managed to breathe normally between bites and chew the chunks of food completely before swallowing. When the man finally comes up for air long enough to compliment the older woman, she pauses before taking her next bite to gaze upon him with a warm smile and moist eyes. Her voice is even slightly thicker than normal as she voices her thanks, letting him know that she was genuinely touched by his simple words. Meloli even smiled at seeing her mother's reaction, which was a good thing for him because it made her no longer imagine their time alone overnight involving the many ways he could be horribly maimed. When he finished his food, washed it all down with drink, and settled back in his chair with that hand on his belly like an overstuffed cat after raiding the canary cage, the young woman scoffed and grinned. "Ugh... you are SUCH a man." Even though she made fun of the satisfied posture his body as now in, she loved seeing him like that... a fact which shone clearly in her eyes. He always seemed more settled and grounded just after his belly had been filled with delicious food, she only hoped that her own cooking could put him in a similar stance someday.

261exp
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

Sunset Surprise * Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunset Surprise *   Sunset Surprise * EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 11:52 pm

It warmed my heart to see the mother-figure pleased with me, my compliment and conquering of the meal. I knew that when I was living here with them before that I must’ve brought a lot of pain and heart ache to her and her husband. Knowing well the persona of Jin inside of me, I knew how he acted. Jin wasn’t the most outgoing among us and the main purpose of my creature was to shelter him from the world. It was odd that he was me and I was me at the same time. For the purpose of family time like this, though, it didn’t matter. It was a wish of his to bring them happiness and smiles while around and thus we were happy at the table in this manner. I emit a “heh” at being called such a man and I take it as a compliment with a smile. Even though the joke had been made earlier about me helping with cleaning the table, I still inquire, “did you want me to help you clean up? Maybe it’s the least that I can do after being treated to such a meal.” Even though I asked, I really hoped that the mother declined my offer.

206 / 3163 | Persona: Jyn'Rai
Back to top Go down
Surreal
New Recruit
New Recruit
Surreal

Sunset Surprise * Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunset Surprise *   Sunset Surprise * EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 12:14 am

Though their mother was about to do exactly as he hoped, Meloli spoke up and beat her to the punch. "No, you know better than that. I'll see to the dishes and putting the food away. Why don't the two of you go relax for a little while before bed. Catch up, tell mother about some of those beautiful women you've had to beat off with your walking stick, then you can tell me the real adventure stories after she goes to bed." Even as she spoke, the young woman rose from her chair and reached over to place her half empty bowl inside of Jin's empty one to go ahead and clear both of them from the table at once. She would return for her mother's after the woman finished the last couple of bites and pushed it away. The older woman would be more than happy to follow her daughter's suggestion and enjoy some quality time with her son before the long hours of the day start to make themselves known in her weary bones. In recent years the once energetic and vibrant woman who was always the last to go to bed and the first to rise (even it was mere minutes before her dawn loving daughter on most days) in the morning had begun to seek her nightly rest earlier and earlier. It had worried Meloli for a long while until her father assured her that it was just her mother's many years of overdoing everything finally catching up to her and that more rest each night was something he had spent decades trying to talk her into. Since her father did not seem worried at all, Meloli had decided that she would keep close watch on the woman but not worry until something else changed.

Once their mother was finished eating, the young woman shooed both of them out of the kitchen so she could finish her chores before the night got too late.

347exp
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

Sunset Surprise * Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunset Surprise *   Sunset Surprise * EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 11:58 am

When the invitation is rejected, I’m caught off guards by the suggestion by Meloli. I would remain in that confused manner until the mother finished eating, but I would compose and comment, “you can’t beat women with a stick… that’s just wrong. But the world isn’t that kind; there are more ugly women than beautiful women…” This would just be filler talk to fill in the void while the mother finished eating; it was good, however, to see Meloli showing off her ability to be wifely. I give a coy grin in her direction unsure if she’d catch it or not. The time comes when we are shooed from the table and with that, I look to the mother and inquire, “then mother… shall we?” I would allow the mother to lead the way to where we would have out enjoyable time of relaxation, figuring maybe the main living room or something to that nature, as I would try to think of something that would be interesting to her. I do manage to comment with, “I’m seeing more and more people who are able to use magic these days. They’re able to do some pretty fantastic stuff with it too…” I would wait on a response to see if she were at all interested in this topic, if not, then I would most onto another.

239 / 3402 | Persona: Jyn'Rai
Back to top Go down
Surreal
New Recruit
New Recruit
Surreal

Sunset Surprise * Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunset Surprise *   Sunset Surprise * EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 2:00 pm

Meloli would miss the coy smile cast in her direction, though she would have liked to catch it she was just too engrossed in her nightly chores and her mind too preoccupied with sending up silent prayers that the man would be able to hold his tongue for a few moments and not clue the older woman into any of what had been going on under her nose. The mother would lead him to the main sitting room where a low fire burned to combat the chill brought on the wings of the night breeze. Taking a seat in one of the lavishly stuffed chairs her husband had artfully crafted for their family years ago, she looks to the man with a twinkle of interest shining in her aging eyes. "Is that right? And what do you think of these magic users? Are they good people or bad? Do any of them create fire out of nothing or possess the ability to call roots from the ground to hold men where they stand?" While this woman had always been one to engage in polite conversation easily, she rarely fired off rapid questions or seemed personally invested in the answers she was seeking. Meloli was the one who wanted to grill people, to gain as much knowledge as possible from them, and take everything she learned to heart. Their mother was always more content to simply sit back and enjoy a good story for what it was, never pressing for more details or reasons and feelings behind actions. This would be a rarely seen side of the woman who took him in as a boy, a side that allowed him a glimpse of the young woman she had possibly been before becoming the mother figure he had known so well... and a side that would leave him no doubts as to where Meloli had gotten some of her traits from.

335exp
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

Sunset Surprise * Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunset Surprise *   Sunset Surprise * EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 12:07 am

After making my way into the interior of the main sitting room with the mother, saying a few words and sitting among the lavish stuffed chairs, I would receive the response to my words and see that I actually may have touched on something of interest to her. I would start off to address the query with, “well, for some time I traveled with a void mage of various names.” It was the truth since the queer couldn’t decide on one name to call himself, or rather what he was referred to by his master and semi ominous figure in my life. I continue, “he seemed to be on the side of good, though the dark mage from my past… is definitely evil.” I’m a bit reflective with that before I venture, “so this let’s me know that it’s not magic that makes a person good or bad. Magic is just a weapon to use, like my sword. I believe that whether a person is good or bad when wielding power is dependent on that person and the content of their character.” For the other part of the question, I address, “but I have heard of earth users in the desert and have seen a few flame mages. From what I can understand, all of the basic elements have magical teachings related with them…”

235 / 3637 | Persona: Jyn'Rai
Back to top Go down
Surreal
New Recruit
New Recruit
Surreal

Sunset Surprise * Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunset Surprise *   Sunset Surprise * EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 12:54 am

The mother listened to his answers, holding in her sigh of what could only be called relief until he was finished. Then a long pent up grin spread over her face. "You've no idea how happy it makes me to hear you say that. I have long feared that the horrible memories of that night would forever turn you against believing in the possibility of magic possessors being good. My all too optimistic husband tried for a long time to convince me that we could simply teach you that not all magic users were evil like the one you encountered that fateful night, but I always felt that you needed to come to that realization on your own. I though that telling you or even trying to show you ourselves would push you away from us, or worse, cause you more pain. I was afraid you were too young to separate what that vile, wicked man did to your wonderful parents from what we could have shown or taught you. It would have broken my heart." As she spoke, growing closer and closer to telling him the truth of herself she had spent too long protecting him from a shadow of grief crossed her still comely face. "I am sorry if you would have rather been taught that lesson and not had to learn it on your own. That is entirely on my shoulders, Jin, I refused to consider my husband's hope in the man you would become and I was the one who made the decision to wait until I could see that man, nay this man that you are sitting here with me, for myself."

289exp
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

Sunset Surprise * Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunset Surprise *   Sunset Surprise * EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 5:54 pm

As I listen, I realize that I had no idea about how she felt over all this time. In the moments that she speaks, I’m enlightened and able to gain a bit of insight to the struggle that was living with and raising me. I felt a bit bad for not recognizing her and her husband’s feelings earlier. Shaking my head, I assure her, “it’s nothing to apologize for. Actually it’s fine, I didn’t know you felt that way. I’m glad you took such care in raising me; it helped to build my confidence and mold me as a person…” Or at least as a persona; the other thing that was the main coping mechanism was the fact that I actually went crazy and split off into various personalities, but as a unit we seemed stable enough even some of us were in deep denial about being the same entity. I conclude, “I’m sorry that I made you and your husband worry like that.” Though I called her mother, it was a stretch for me. There were strict separations in my head where I called her mother and never mommy and additionally I never referred to her husband or rather another man as father.

214 / 3851 | Persona: Jyn'Rai
Back to top Go down
Surreal
New Recruit
New Recruit
Surreal

Sunset Surprise * Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunset Surprise *   Sunset Surprise * EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 7:23 pm

The older woman seems relieved to hear his assurances that everything is fine, and prays silently that it continues to be fine once she is finished. "Oh dear, there is nothing to apologize for. Worrying, of any sort, is something that comes with being a parent... and though I know my husband and I are not your true parents, we considered you as our son and felt the same way about you and your upbringing as we did Meloli's. Truth of the matter is that I had begun to worry over you as if you were my own son even before you came to live with us, as I know your mother did somewhat for Meloli as well. The two of you spent so much time together at both homes that we couldn't help but start to love and see you as a pair. Your mother and I talked once about how nice it was that the two of you got on so well, she and I agreed that your childhoods would be more rich for having a friend close enough to feel like a sibling since neither of us had more than the one child." Here she began to grow more thoughtful and started to hesitate with her speech. "I didn't start this conversation to speak of your mother or of what comes with being a parent. Even though my husband is not here, and we had agreed to tell you together when you were ready, I don't feel it is right to wait until the next time your travels bring you back this way. I am tired of keeping part of myself from you, Jin. The reason we felt it necessary to let you come to your own decisions about magic users is because you were living with them. Shortly before Meloli was born and quite accidentally, Sai and I both found out that we had some degree of magical ability." Once it was out of her mouth it as clear the older woman wanted to hang her head in shame, afraid this news would still somehow hurt the young man she loved as a son, but she couldn't risk looking away and missing anything that should happen to cross his face.

381exp
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

Sunset Surprise * Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunset Surprise *   Sunset Surprise * EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 8:53 pm

I felt a bit better that we understood one another a little better thanks to the current talk that we were having; it felt like it was about time that I was caught up at least since my last visit here. Coming here was one of the things that kept me grounded between my traveling. I was a bit shocked when she came out and admitted that she used magic. I knew that everyone had their secrets in life, but there had been no indication to me that the family members I grew up with new magic. I did understand, however, that it may have been a bit too soon if they had shown me their ability for magic proficiency near the time close to my family’s demise. Seeing her hang her head in shame, I reassured her, “you probably made the right choice. I won’t fault you for not telling me this until now.” Moving towards a more cheerful type of conversation, I ask, “but this is very interesting. I would be happy to see what type of magic you could do. Since you went ahead and told me, you might as well show me something interesting? Can you manifest flames and roots from the ground like you asked?”

221 / 4073 | Persona: Jyn'Rai
Back to top Go down
Surreal
New Recruit
New Recruit
Surreal

Sunset Surprise * Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunset Surprise *   Sunset Surprise * EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 9:04 pm

This time the older woman did not just exhale in relief, she actually went all the way to a full laugh. It made her heart light to hear him not only assure her he wasn't upset and that what she did had been with his best intentions at heart, but he questioned her about the magic and asked to see some of what she could do. Nodding sheepishly, looking much younger than her years, the woman went on to answer his question. "Yes, that is why I asked about those specifically. Those are the only two abilities I've been able to manifest on command. Most of the other stuff only happens by accident when I am upset or otherwise emotionally charged." Since there as already a fire in the fireplace she couldn't start one to show him so she did the next best thing. Holding her right hand in front of her body, palm facing upward, she muttered a soft chant in a strange language and watched as a walnut sized ball of flame appeared floating just above the flesh of her palm.

194exp
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

Sunset Surprise * Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunset Surprise *   Sunset Surprise * EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 10:47 pm

Hearing how her powers generally manifested made me glad that I hadn’t ever made her angry. I couldn’t imagine me making her mad and igniting a ball of flames in my direction. As things would turn out, I would be able to see a bit of her power manifested tonight. It wasn’t that I didn’t believe her, but more like I was kind of wanting to see her do it due to the fact that magic was captivating and such. My gaze shifts to her right hand as it is held in front of her and I hear the odd words before seeing a small ball of flames appear in her hands. The ball of flames would reflect in my red eyes as I watched it manifest and stay elevated above her palm. A smirk on my face turns into a smile as I lift my gaze up to my mother figure as I admit, “it’s pretty.” I didn’t know her proficiency in magics, so I ask, “does it drain you a lot to keep it up like that, or does it come easily for you?” I would lean back in my comfy seat allowing my food to settle as the conversation would resume.

201 / 4274 | Persona: Jyn'Rai
Back to top Go down
Surreal
New Recruit
New Recruit
Surreal

Sunset Surprise * Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunset Surprise *   Sunset Surprise * EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 10:57 pm

Dismissing the flame ball once the man began to question her again, the older woman shook her head slightly as she spoke. "It depends on what I do and how long I try to hold it. That wasn't enough power to make me feel any drain but some of the things I have done, usually the ones that manifest without me making them, will take quite a bit out of me. Do you ever remember the times I used to get my 'headaches' and would go to bed before supper was barely finished? Those were usually nights when I had one of the accidental occurrences. We tried our best to keep them hidden from you and Meloli so we called them headaches."

By this time Meloli would be finished in the kitchen and joining them in the sitting room, her face bright and smiling as always when Jin was home. "Everything's clean in there now and I put together a little sack of travel food for tomorrow so make sure you grab it when you leave. So what did you two decide to talk about?"

191exp
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

Sunset Surprise * Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunset Surprise *   Sunset Surprise * EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 11:11 pm

From her answer I could tell that she probably had much more power than I could anticipate. Just being able to manifest something like a ball of flames seemed to be a feat in itself; the fact that it didn’t cause any stress on her body was impressive, meaning she could probably multiply its size with ease. I would nod with the question of if I remembered about various times; more doors of understanding would be opened as I would see the reason behind the occurrences that occurred when I was younger. My gaze is diverted to the offspring of the older woman with her entrance into the room. Her smile seemed to involuntarily pull one to my lips where it had previously faded naturally. I would express, “thanks” to the fact that she had made me a to-go box for the morning and I would make a mental note not to forget it when I left; it would be very useful on the long road ahead. To the question, I would let her mother answer the question with a, “she’ll have to tell you” unless her mother was in a teasing mood and wanted to keep this a secret between us.

214 / 4488 | Persona: Jyn'Rai
Back to top Go down
Surreal
New Recruit
New Recruit
Surreal

Sunset Surprise * Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunset Surprise *   Sunset Surprise * EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 11:29 pm

Loving that her entrance, for whatever reason, brings a smile to the face she has come to love so much makes Meloli's heart swell as she takes her seat in the empty chair on the other side of her brother/lover. She looks back and forth between the two of them when it becomes clear that if she is to find out what they had been talking about it would have to be from her mother. Her heart threatens to stop beating, fear that Jin has told her mother the truth and cannot bring himself to admit it aloud grips at the vital muscle within her chest. She searches his face for any sign of that possibility but finds that he does not seem guilty or anything else he could seem if that were the case. So she turns her gaze on her mother with a 'well, spill it' look and waits for the older woman to speak.

The mother clears her throat and averts her eyes from her daughter's stare. "Jin and I were just discussing magic. The magic he has encountered along his travels and my magic. I showed him a small fire ball and explained to him why I chose not to tell him until now." Meloli's face drained of all color as she listened to her mother in horror. She couldn't force herself to look at Jin, too afraid to see what he would think now that he knew. Instead she focused on her mother's face, and read too late that she had not betrayed her daughter... but that the foolish girl had most likely just betrayed herself.

283exp
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

Sunset Surprise * Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunset Surprise *   Sunset Surprise * EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 11:55 pm

During this process of questioning the topic which was spoken of, it hadn’t occurred to me that she might think that I could have let the cat out of the bag about the relationship we had other than being unrelated siblings. It wasn’t until I saw the expression on her face that I actually thought she could have mistaken the secrecy for that. I’m actually a little relieved when her mother explains what we were really talking about. A glance at Meloli after this clarification would suggest that it was something worse. Speaking out to her, I state, “but everything’s okay. I understand why this was kept from me and I’m fine with it. It’s not like I think all of you are evil all of a sudden… that would be crazy.” It wasn’t until after that did I realize that if the mother could perform magic that could imply that the daughter could too. There was no statement of that thus far, but the look that Meloli gave did leave curious. Raising an eyebrow at her, I inquire, “so you’re able to use magic as well?” In all the time we spent together, he probably would have had the hardest time keeping such a thing from me.

226 / 4714 | Persona: Jyn'Rai
Back to top Go down
Surreal
New Recruit
New Recruit
Surreal

Sunset Surprise * Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunset Surprise *   Sunset Surprise * EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 12:25 am

The mother said nothing, this was between the two of them now. She had always made it clear to Meloli that her magic was her secret to tell, the girl would have saved herself the anguish had she just remembered that fact. With a soft sigh, the older woman rose from her chair. The younger had not spoke yet, but she would, and only he needed to be here to hear whatever she felt she should say. Giving her daughter more time to decide, the mother moves to Jin and places an aging hand at his cheek. "I need to rest my bones now, son. It was good to have you home tonight and I look forward to seeing you at breakfast in the morning before you set out again. Sleep well, my darling." It was her way of excusing herself from the conversation, bidding him a good night, and making sure he knew she expected him at the breakfast table in the morning. Sneaking out before the morning meal was not tolerated in this house and he should remember that lest she take off and track him down on the road with her spoon in hand. As she passed her daughter, a supportive squeeze would be all the communication between the females, it was Meloli would need to have her glance up with misty eyes and offer a soft 'goodnight'.

Once the woman had retired to her room, the two young ones were left alone with the question still hanging thick in the room. "Yes. But only a little and I didn't find out until you'd been gone for years." The yes took nearly forever to get out but the rest rushed out in a single breath on it's heels. It was a confession she'd longed to tell him for years, on every visit since the day she'd learned the truth about herself and her parents. Now that it was finally out there, now that no more secrets were being hidden from the man she loved, Meloli could almost breathe again.

359exp
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

Sunset Surprise * Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunset Surprise *   Sunset Surprise * EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 5:41 pm

My gaze is redirected as the older woman approaches me and places her hand to the side of my face. Looking to her, I give a nod in acknowledgement that she had to go to sleep. Leaning up a bit, I would give her a hug before she went to go lay down. Chances weren’t great that I would wake up and leave before her, but I was trying to get out rather early. Still, I had gotten the hint that I could not leave before breakfast, so it was softly confirmed that I would be seeing her once more before my journey resumed. I would advise for her to sleep well also before watching her leave the room while turning my attention back to Meloli. When the words are spoken to confirm that she was able to use magic, a light frown comes to my lips. As if hurt on the inside, my gaze shifts to the side and I look down as if searching for words to say. For a moment I think about toying with her and feigning being hurt about it, but I decided that probably wasn’t the best thing to do at the moment. I give a soft sigh and look back up to her stating, “I don’t care about things like that. But if you can use magic, that’s pretty cool, not a lot of people are able to.”

234 / 4948 | Persona: Jyn'Rai
Back to top Go down
Surreal
New Recruit
New Recruit
Surreal

Sunset Surprise * Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunset Surprise *   Sunset Surprise * EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 6:09 pm

Sunset Surprise * Melo_01
When he first appeared to be hurt by her keeping this from him, Meloli thought her heart would wither and crumble within her very chest. She couldn't stand the idea that she put that look on his face, even for a second. She was about to speak, hell even drop to her knees before him and beg for his forgiveness, pledge anything he could ask, if only he would forgive her and make that hurt on his face go away. Thankfully she didn't have to go to such great lengths because he started speaking before she could move. His words put an end to the slow death of her heart and make it swell with love for him all over again. Turning a hopeful smile toward him, she listened as he not only told her didn't care that she hadn't told him, but that he thought her abilities were cool and they made her uncommon among most people. "Really? You aren't upset with me? I don't like being able to do it, I only let Mama teach me because she said I could hurt somebody if I didn't learn to control it." Now that it seemed like everything was back to normal between the two of them, the young woman glanced behind her down the silent hallway then turned back with him with a smirk and a pair of bedroom eyes. "Mama's gone to bed... think we should do the same?" What better way to help a man change the subject than offer him some quality time between the sheets?

270exp
Sunset Surprise * Melo_03
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

Sunset Surprise * Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunset Surprise *   Sunset Surprise * EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 11:40 pm

A light chuckle emits and I nod and assure, “yeah, I’m not upset at all…” How could I be, she was such a good friend and faithful lover that I couldn’t have complaints about her simply for being able to do things that other people could do. I coax on, “that’s all the better to learn how to control it…” After my adlibs, though, my attention is immediately gathered from the question that was posed to me. A soft smirk would spread on my lips as I would confirm, “I suppose I am a bit tired, we should probably hit the sack.” It was just lucky for me that her mom either didn’t suspect anything or approved of it, or I might have had found myself sleeping in the main sitting area tonight. A healthy young man and woman understood to sleep in the same room? Her mother’s trust in me as her son was a curious thing to me and I almost felt bad for consistently deceiving her… but not bad enough not to go to bed with Meloli. I would stand and reach out for her hand to guide her to the bed room knowing that the candles and fires in this room would eventually go out on their own.

218 / 5166 | Persona: Jyn'Rai
Back to top Go down
Surreal
New Recruit
New Recruit
Surreal

Sunset Surprise * Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunset Surprise *   Sunset Surprise * EmptyWed Jun 08, 2011 12:26 am

His little ad libs made her smile even as she stumbled through finishing the thought. She was very lucky he didn't feel the need to add any during her invitation for the two of them to head to bed. That probably would have caused a case of giggles bad enough to turn her purple. As it was she had turned on her seductive charms and was ready to show this man just how much she'd missed him since his last visit. As far as her mother suspecting anything, there wasn't all that much to suspect. The young man only returned home once in a blue moon and rarely stayed longer than a night or two before heading off again. Had he come back for an extended period of time, there would be cause to move his bed to another area of the house. As far as the parents thought, not much harm could come with them sharing a room for one or two nights in a year or more. It wasn't like they were sharing a bed or anything, both had one person beds on opposite walls of the room, that was enough to make both parents confident in the safety of their daughter's virtue. Oh if they only knew what their virtuous daughter was thinking of, and anticipating, as she slid her hand into his and let him lead her down the hallway to their shared room. Since he was the man, and most likely the more experienced of the two (considering the only experience she had was that gained with him), she would let him lead her to whichever bed he chose as well as set the pace and tone for their intimacy.

295exp
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

Sunset Surprise * Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunset Surprise *   Sunset Surprise * EmptyWed Jun 08, 2011 4:42 pm

During the procession down the hallway, anticipation began to build up in my chest a bit. At this moment I was very content on the fact that I was probably going to be feeling pretty good in a few minutes. Her hand is held softly in my own as the short distance is covered from one portion of the house to the bedroom. Upon entering, I would lead her in behind me and close the door, locking it just in case. It would look bad for being locked if someone came to check, but it’d be even worse if it were left open and someone simply walked right in during the process of the night time festivities. After locking the door behind us, I would move to her rear pressing my body against hers as I embrace her from behind simply holding her for a moment. I am able to feel her softness, smell her scent, and enjoy her presence before my hands would guide her to turn around and face me. Upon arrival of our eyes meeting, my body would lean into hers with a hand lifting to the side of her face. My lips would come to the side of hers first before covering them as I attempt to initiate a deep kiss with her.

222 / 5388 | Persona: Jyn'Rai
Back to top Go down
Surreal
New Recruit
New Recruit
Surreal

Sunset Surprise * Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunset Surprise *   Sunset Surprise * EmptyWed Jun 08, 2011 8:20 pm

By the time he leads her into the room and secures the door behind them, Meloli is positively trembling with excitement and need. It had been so long since he had been home that she had forgotten how alive she could feel simply being in his presence. As he moves to hold her from behind for a moment, her body rests against his embrace as her eyes flutter closed so she can fully appreciate the scents and sensations his arms provide. Safe in the loving circle of his arms she comes to fully realize what one of her female colleagues had meant months ago about there being a difference between seeing a place as home and feeling that a certain person is. This structure, nestled just beyond the dunes of what she believed to be the most beautiful stretch of beach in the whole world, was her home... but this man, the way he holds her, the way he looks at her, the way he loves her... this is a different, and more special kind of home. The restlessness that walks with her through every moment of her days and haunts her dreams at night seems to melt away when he draws near, as if her wanderlust and yearning for adventure are satisfied by simply being close to him.

As he turns her to face him, the young woman lifts her gaze to his. Her warm, inviting eyes are brimming with such love and gratitude that they shine brightly in the weak light of the bedroom. Her breath catches in her throat when he cups her cheek and leans forward to close the distance between them with a kiss. Her very heart is offered to him between her lips and any attempt to deepen the initial contact would not only be welcomed but would be met with equal desire. Her arms rise slowly, fingers tracing their way up his well defined chest and over his strong, broad shoulders where they finally find refuge tangled around the ends of his hair.

365exp
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

Sunset Surprise * Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunset Surprise *   Sunset Surprise * EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 8:33 pm

The kiss shared here in the privacy of the room we shared would be a bit more intimate and deep when compared to the one shared on the beach and for the reason of the actions that were to follow it. I felt boundless, no longer having to hold myself back from what I wanted to do with her. I resolved to make the best attempt possible at letting her know how much she was missed when I had to endure many lonely nights without her. My embrace on her would tighten, holding her closely as her hands went into my hair and my tongue entered into the warm depths of her mouth with my lips pressing against hers. My body and movements would softly lead her further into the interior of the room. My arms would eventually slide beyond her back and buttocks to just below as I would lift her up and around my torso to carry her to my bed and softly lay her down on it. I would come to arch over her body after laying it down onto the bed still continuing the kiss. Lust would be fueling my desire and coursing through my blood stream as my apparent southern growth would indicate that I was very happy to see her and that I had an important package to deliver.

232 / 5620 | Persona: Jyn'Rai
Back to top Go down
Surreal
New Recruit
New Recruit
Surreal

Sunset Surprise * Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunset Surprise *   Sunset Surprise * EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 9:22 pm

Dear sweet Heavens, it had been far too long since he had been home to do this to her. Not many people could easily pinpoint exactly what was missing from their daily lives, but she could, oh boy could she. This contact, this connection, the level of intimacy, the level of intensity, not to mention the soul stirring sensations that were still to come... this is what was missing, this and her heart are what he took with him each time he left. The kiss quickly became much more than their welcome home on the beach had been, so much more that it nearly took her breath away. The passing thought shooting through her mind as he lifted her into his arms and her feet locked against his lower back was along the lines of 'who needs to breathe with a man like this'. As he set her upon his bed and positioned his body over hers without ending the oral interaction, Meloli was hatching a devious plan intended to torture him as much as she would be in the coming days and weeks. She had to give him a memory vivid enough to incite a visceral reaction from his body each time it entered his mind. And she knew just what to do.

Without breaking the kiss just yet, Meloli's hands would abandon his hair and travel quickly along his body in search of that wondrous southern growth he was sporting. Releasing any and all bindings keeping her from having full access to his heated flesh, she would eagerly strip away all hindrances he wore while preventing him from doing the same to her. In the process of baring his body she would convince him, through whatever means necessary, to roll over and allow her the top position for a few moments. While at first she was content to let him lead the way and set the pace, she now behaved as a woman on a mission, a mission to show her man enough pleasure to keep him out of bordellos for however long their next separation would be. Should he trust her enough to lie beneath her and grant her unfettered access to every part of his body, she would show him, through touch and taste, just how much he was cherished and desired. Her exploration and worship of his body would last however long he could stand it, until he either reached his first peak of the long night ahead or he came close enough to make her stop. Either way, the night would be full of love and lust in equal measure, then dawn would come and the young woman who usually rose with the sun would sleep satisfied and content in her lover's arms until he stirred.

494exp
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

Sunset Surprise * Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunset Surprise *   Sunset Surprise * EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 10:38 pm

The night was an enjoyable one indeed, almost enough to make a crazy man sane. I had given my feelings to Meloli and accepted hers; they would be treasured memories to keep me company for the road ahead. With the coming of the new dawn, I would be lying on my back with one arm and a portion of my shoulder and chest supporting Meloli’s head with that arm wrapped about her in a half hugging manner and the hand of that arm resting near the small of her back. The other arm would be opposite the first with my hand resting on my stomach with the covers lifted up to about chest height up my body. With the rays pouring into the room from the early morning sun light my eyes would wince slightly. My free hand would lift up and wipe my eyes before they would open and I would tilt my head down to see the young woman lying on me. My head would shift slightly as I would give her a kiss on the forehead before leaning down and yawning slightly beginning to wake up for the day. Though I wanted to stay like this for a while, I knew that it wasn’t feasible. By now breakfast might already be in the making and on top of that I had to take advantage of all the day light I could. I do welcome in a low tone, “good morning, sunshine.”

248 / 5868 | Persona: Jyn'Rai
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sunset Surprise * Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunset Surprise *   Sunset Surprise * Empty

Back to top Go down

Sunset Surprise *
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next