Shintheory Role-Playing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shintheory Role-Playing

Welcome to the HUB of Shintheory Roleplaying!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Passing Through *

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

Rep! : 56

Passing Through * Empty
PostSubject: Passing Through *   Passing Through * EmptyWed May 18, 2011 1:14 am

~ Passing Through ~
I sit on hardened soil ground near the edge of a circular stone well with my back against it. A large tan cloth duffle sat to my side with various bottles and pouches attached to it. As a nomad, it represented all of my belongings. On my other side lay a curved sword in its black sheath. There wasn’t much traffic at the watering hole at that point in time, even though it was situated in the center of the small village. Since the previously mentioned size of the village was small, it probably alluded to its scarcity. Earlier I had seen a group of men go off, probably to hunt, but besides that it seemed like pretty normal things were going on all around. There were a few scattered huts here and there, probably move in relics from the ancients who may have lived in this village before, but to most of us, or at least me, we would just assume they were natural structures formed when the earth was formed. In my right hand, I hold a bottle of water which I bring to my lips and then lower after swallowing a good amount of the liquid. The back of my right hand lifts and wipes my forehead as I look up towards the afternoon skies. Though it was sunny, the light of the sun didn’t blot out the celestial figures that hung above. After having rested for a while, I decide that it was about time for me to head on from this village. There wasn't much here, and as an adventurer, I had to go and advent. I was low on items to barter, so I needed to find some ruins and see if there might be something of value that hadn't been uncovered in these 20 years since the dawning. If that didn't work, then it would be hunting for the night. I get up from the ground and dust off the bottom of my pants as I turn around and take up the bucket by the well. It was time to fill up my bottles and head out.

Timeline: Current | Persona: Jyn'Rai | PWC/EXP: 373 | Role: Adventurer

Last edited by aѕceпxion on Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rek
Veteran
Veteran
Rek

Rep! : 14

Passing Through * Empty
PostSubject: Re: Passing Through *   Passing Through * EmptyWed May 18, 2011 10:08 am

Passing Through * Eri_1

Passing Through
The ripped ends of the black scarf wrapped around my neck and mouth along with the long tail of silver locks, flutters the desert wind as I walk into the small village around a water hole. It really wasn't much to look at with its few huts here and their but the village makes for a nice stop to get water while traveling across the hot desert. I adjust the single strap of my backpack with odd look objects in it being carried on my back with a craved blade hanging across the back of the belt that is around my waist . It looks rather light for someone traveling. The thigh high boots kicks up the dust as I come up to the stone wall around the water well. My hand comes up to my face to left up the dark eye guards the shield my golden eyes from the sun and blowing sand. They come to rest at the top of my head while I places my gloved hands on the edge of the stone to lean over to take a look at the water inside the well. It looks clearer then some of the watering holes I have stopped at before. The sound of a moving bucket sparks my pointy tip ears causing me to glance up at the guy picking it up. He didn't look like a one of the locals... not that the duffle bag give it away or anything. Setting up from leaning over the edge of the well to get my bottles ready to be refilled. "You hear to trade?" The sound of my voice is slight muffled by black scarf.

xp: 278
Passing Through * Eri_3
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

Passing Through * Empty
PostSubject: Re: Passing Through *   Passing Through * EmptyWed May 18, 2011 5:38 pm

~ Passing Through ~
As I am lowering the bucket down into the waters, I hear the brush of boots through the ground as the stranger approaches the well. I continue to lower the bucket down into the water, turning my head slightly for just a moment to catch glance of her before returning my gaze back to the task at hand. After she walks up to the well area, I do not speak. Her words are first as they come to me, I give a slight social grin before commenting, “no ma’am, I’m here to restock on water.” From the looks of her, she seemed like she was traveling as well; it didn't look like she was from this village. As the bucket submerges into the waters below, I could feel slack come into the line used to lower it. While doing this, I continue, "but I do have a few things on me if you have something worth in trading." I had 10 very common items in my position that I would be willing to part with, but it wasn't like I was a merchant or anything like that. Still, you never know who had what when you run into them in passing travels. "Mostly stuff from Mare Maris..." I pull the bucket back up with water and set it down on the edge of the well, motioning to it to allow her to use this bucket to refill if needed, offering, "ladies first. You'd better fill up."

Timeline: Current | Persona: Jyn'Rai | PWC/EXP: 252 / 625 | Role: Adventurer
Back to top Go down
Rek
Veteran
Veteran
Rek

Passing Through * Empty
PostSubject: Re: Passing Through *   Passing Through * EmptyThu May 19, 2011 3:07 pm

Passing Through * Eri_1

Passing Through
I look a little like a cat trying to catch its own tail for a moment as I spend around a few times trying to reach the bottles on the side of my backpack before I can get a hold of them. While listening to him tell me about his goods. "I don't really have to much myself but you never know what someone has got so I like to ask." The fact that I haven't seen anyone or talked to anyone in over a week has nothing to do with my need to just make conation with anybody I run into. They say that a person can go mad if they wonder the desert for too long by them self. I didn't really believe that till I came across a crazy old man when I was younger. I take him up on the offer to restock my water as it is given to me. Uncapping the bottles to take a quick drink before dipping them into the bucket to be refilled as I keep on chatting. "What a gentleman, thank you I will. Beside it is a good way to get to know other people if you like getting to know other people. It is good to have fiends out here." After felling up my bottles I put the caps back on them and back into the pack. "You from the Mare Maris?" I wasn't too crazy about that area. Just to many rules for me to hang around.

xp: 250/528
Passing Through * Eri_3
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

Passing Through * Empty
PostSubject: Re: Passing Through *   Passing Through * EmptyThu May 19, 2011 5:14 pm

~ Passing Through ~
To my luck she seemed pretty sociable; that was good considering her looks. If she were ugly, it would present a problem. Though I would be social just to be nice, the heebee geebees were an uncomfortable feeling to have when in the presents of bugabears. For the time being, however, I didn’t have to worry about such things. I watch as she takes my offer and fills her jugs. “You’re welcome,” slides from my lips in response to the thanks. I lean my upper thigh against the rim of the well as she speaks. Thinking over her words, I rationalize that I did think it was good to have friends, but only if the friends were at your level. Friends, when pertaining to some people, sometimes turned out to be a liability. This was something that I learned within my days of traveling, which was probably part of why I traveled solo for the time being. But if it was with someone like her, I supposed the company couldn’t be too bad at least for a little while. After all, pretty women were a rare commodity and deserved to be admired to some extent.

After her statements and concluding question, I answer her with a, “well, yeah, originally I guess, but a long time ago. I don’t really like it per say… but that’s another story.” I clarify in a clearer tone, refocusing my speech, “I spent most of my life traveling. So I don’t think I have a place where I’m from anymore. Maybe I’m from everywhere?” Moving the conversation back into a ‘getting to know her’ type manner, I inquire, “but you look well equipped for this climate. Are you originally from the desert?”

Timeline: Current | Persona: Jyn'Rai | PWC/EXP: 317 / 942 | Role: Adventurer
Back to top Go down
Rek
Veteran
Veteran
Rek

Passing Through * Empty
PostSubject: Re: Passing Through *   Passing Through * EmptyThu May 19, 2011 7:43 pm

Passing Through * Eri_1

Passing Through
We seem to shear the similar dislike for the costal lands of Mare Maris. Most likely not for the same reasons though. People just should drop things that they want to keep and then call me a thief just for picking it up. Those costal people are just so rude. I give him a closed eyes smile and I rub the back of my neck. "Hmm Un. I've been roaming around the desert for as long as I can remember. So I guess you could say I am from the desert." I pause to think for a moment as I place my finger on my lip. "I do a lot of traveling too so I really can't say that I have a home like a lot of the people on the cost have. So I guess we are like there... oh yeah!" My gloved hand comes down and runs across the side of my hip a few times to wipe it off on what little cloth was there before I hold out my hand to him in offering a friendly hand shack. "I'm Eri, Eri of the Al'Bhed." A smile comes to my faces as I offer him my name.

xp: 200/728
Passing Through * Eri_3
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

Passing Through * Empty
PostSubject: Re: Passing Through *   Passing Through * EmptyThu May 19, 2011 9:38 pm

There is a jovial smile purposed in kind attention to her words as she talks and I am able to find out a little bit more about her. In truth, it was less of a social smile and more of a smile of contentment due to the fact that here, I found myself blessed with a bit of eye candy in such close proximity after staring at sand, dirt and men all day. It was enough to coax a semi. While in this process, I wondered if I would get in trouble with my mistress, as she might get jealous. Of course, as a travel, when I playfully refer to my true mistress I didn't mean an actual and physical woman. No the one I spent most of my time and private moments was the one that most regarded as the sun. Surely beaming down on us with me in plan view, she would be jealous of my happy interaction.

A name is given and a hand extended. Straightening up, my right hand lifts up and reaches out to clasp onto her glove bound hand. Now I had a name; she was indeed very social. I return, "Jyn'Rai. You can call me Jyn if you like. It's nice to meet you Eri." My hand releases hers and comes to my side as I motion to make sure she was done with the bucket so that I could fill my bottles with what was left over in it. I continue, "so Eri of the Al'Bhed, after stopping through here, where are you on your way to next? Maybe we're heading in the same direction?"

Timeline: Current | Persona: Jyn'Rai | PWC/EXP: 273 / 1215 | Role: Adventurer
Back to top Go down
Rek
Veteran
Veteran
Rek

Passing Through * Empty
PostSubject: Re: Passing Through *   Passing Through * EmptyFri May 20, 2011 12:35 am

Passing Through * Eri_1

Passing Through

"Hai, it is nice to meet you too Jyn." I give him a nod to reply to his motion to the bucket and step back so he may fill his bottles with the water. It takes me a few moment to answer his question about where I was heading to. Like normal I haven't thought about it all that much. I go where ever I end up so I guess I'm a little bit of a free spirit when it comes to traveling. Looking up at the clear sky above. "I don't really know to be honest. I've been looking for my younger brother and I go where ever the wind guides me too." My golden eyes return to fix on Jyn. "Besides traveling is more fun when you don't really know where you'll be ending up at. I think I'll be going that way..." I point in a direction with the tip of my finger. "I think I'll find something interesting that way. Hopefully some good stuff. What about you, what direction are you heading?"

xp: 176/904
Passing Through * Eri_3
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

Passing Through * Empty
PostSubject: Re: Passing Through *   Passing Through * EmptyFri May 20, 2011 5:17 pm

As she steps back, I reach for the bucket which seemed still about half full. It would be plenty compared to what was needed in order to restock my aqua supplies. I had gotten accustomed to rationing supplies, but I did have enough bottles to keep me stocked for a day's worth of traveling. Reaching to the side of my bag, I pull the first bottle from it and begin the process of filling up. My side is to her during this time, but my attention is still on her. That much of what she said was interesting; if she traveled like she said she did, I figured she had to be pretty good at staying alive. When she asks about my direction, I admit, "you know, it's a little funny. I'm looking for someone too. It's a man I've only seen once when I was little. The only thing I know about him is that he wears a cloak with an odd circular symbol on his right hand. I think I'll be done traveling when I find this man..." I would look to her to see by her reaction if anything sounded familiar, but I was used to various responses to my inane needle in a haystack search. I continue, "as for where I'm heading immediately, I'm thinking of Rajeh. The maps I have take me about that far. I hear that there's a lot of people there, so maybe I'll have some luck in my search... thinking about it, maybe you would too, unless you're coming from there or something?"

Timeline: Current | Persona: Jyn'Rai | PWC/EXP: 273 / 1488 | Role: Adventurer
Back to top Go down
Rek
Veteran
Veteran
Rek

Passing Through * Empty
PostSubject: Re: Passing Through *   Passing Through * EmptyFri May 20, 2011 8:30 pm

Passing Through * Eri_1

Passing Through

I lend against the stone well as I think back to remember if anyone I know has a circular mark on their right hand. The cloak part wasn't really all that helpful of a hint. Lots of people wear cloaks out in the desert to shield them self from the burning sun and sandy winds so only having a mark on his hand isn't much help when looking for someone. I give a nod, "Un, Rajeh does have a lot of people and is a good place to trade for metal ore and weapons, but it isn't the safest of places. You have to watch your back while you are there or you may end up with a knife in it... It sounds as good as any other place to go to me. Maybe you're right and the goddess of luck will bless us with her good fortune and we'll find what we are looking for there." I give him a smile as I agree to be his traveling companion on his way to Rajeh.

xp: 175/1079
Passing Through * Eri_3
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

Passing Through * Empty
PostSubject: Re: Passing Through *   Passing Through * EmptyFri May 20, 2011 9:05 pm

The smile is reassuring; I pegged her to be a pretty good person as far as natural intentions went. Still, it was a truth and law of the desert, or traveling in general in this world, that you weren’t supposed to fully trust people. Those who excelled at deception wouldn’t be good if they telegraphed good intent. On top of that, the luck of me finding a beautiful summer flower to become traveling companions with seemed all a bit too convenient. If I could get her to sleep with me, then I would -really- know that something was up. Still, if she were one to deceive then she was very skilled at it. If she were something like a thief or crook, it wouldn’t be readily apparent or anything in the likes of that. Still, no coward and generally not paranoid, I figured I could deal with anything that came up from her. I would put more trust in here than I would give a male, though the logic in that decision may or may not be sound.

“Good,” I conclude as I fill the last of my bottles, setting down the bucket that I had been using. “Since it’s a dangerous place, you can trust you back to me and I’ll do the same for you.” I look up and return her smile, stating, “You seem pretty cool, so I’ll just trust you for now. Even if you stab me, it might not be so bad, but I don’t really have anything of value... so sorry if that’s a disappointment.” I finish fastening the tops on the bottles before reattaching them to my bag. “I’m teasing,” I assure as to not put her off with my statement and potentially lose a traveling buddy if she were earnest. I inquire, “anything else in this town you need, or should we keep through to make use of the rest of the daylight? My map showed that we should be able to make the next village before nightfall.”

Timeline: Current | Persona: Jyn'Rai | PWC/EXP: 353 / 1841 | Role: Adventurer
Back to top Go down
Rek
Veteran
Veteran
Rek

Passing Through * Empty
PostSubject: Re: Passing Through *   Passing Through * EmptyFri May 20, 2011 11:55 pm

Passing Through * Eri_1

Passing Through

I blink for a moment as he makes the tease about me stabbing him in the back and taking his belongings. Give him a grin, "Don't worry I'm a better thief then that so I wouldn't have to stab you in the back to take you're things." Although I was just replying to his tease towards me, it really wasn't too far from the truth. I strongly believe in and follow the three codes and if I feel that I can take something I want away from someone that has it then I will. But killing someone over something so meaningless as possessions was not really in my nature. I set up and place my hands on my hip as my golden eyes look around at the few huts and other buildings that litter the area to make up the village, "No, I was just nearby and saw this village so I come through to restock my water. I think it would be best if we keep moving on to the next village while we have the light to do so.... it is a shame you don't have anything worth stealing." I glance over at him to give him a playful wink.

xp: 202/1281
Passing Through * Eri_3
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

Passing Through * Empty
PostSubject: Re: Passing Through *   Passing Through * EmptySat May 21, 2011 1:08 am

“Oh… well that’s reassuring…” I chuckle lightly to the comment made about her basically admitting to being good at stealing. In a way I was a bit glad to hear that now and not find it out later, but still, how reassuring could it be to hear that your new travel partner was a thief? Well, you win some, you lose some; she was still cute. Still, I figured it was a good thing I didn’t have things that others would find valuable, but the trick was, you couldn’t always understand what other people thought of as valuable. To my, my bag was filled with treasures of sentimental value whereas to others, it might be garbage or moderately useful crap at best.

A grin accompanies the playful wink given to me and I admit, “I’m sorry for not being an easy target.” I reach down and take up my sword, stashing it behind my back before grabbing and pulling the draw string of my duffle bag and slinging it around to rest on my back over my right shoulder. Looking towards the west, I would give a sigh and grin, “well, party of two, let’s get a move on. We’ve got a few hours to reach the next village if this map is remotely accurate.” With that, I would begin walking making sure that she was ready and coming with.

Timeline: Current | Persona: Jyn'Rai | PWC/EXP: 245 / 2086 | Role: Adventurer

Updated
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Passing Through * Empty
PostSubject: Re: Passing Through *   Passing Through * Empty

Back to top Go down

Passing Through *
Page 1 of 1