Shintheory Role-Playing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shintheory Role-Playing

Welcome to the HUB of Shintheory Roleplaying!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A Reunion

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Kazakura
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
Kazakura

Rep! : 49

A Reunion Empty
PostSubject: A Reunion   A Reunion EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 10:01 pm

Sera was up at the crack of dawn again out in the meadow where Battousai had given her his first lesson. She was kneeling in meditation for a moment, letting the sun peak over the horizon. It was a cool crisp morning. She wore a simple skirt and blouse this beautiful morning. The colors of which matched the dawn breaking over the land. A blushing red light from the sun as he kissed the heavens, blending in with the blues of the skies and chasing away the night with their love. Fluffy purple and orange clouds floated by as the sun continued its long trek across the sky.

The moment the red began to fade, she rose and smiled to herself. Birds warbled and greeted the new day as the night crickets hopped off to bed. the two short swords she had recently purchased were strapped to her curvy hips. Pulling the first sword from the sheath, she closed her eyes and took a deep breath. Her eyes opening as she fell into that trance like state. This was natural for her from memories long past. She began the routine she perfected over the past weeks to practice swipes and thrusts. It was much like a dance as she turned and moved as if fighting the imaginary opponent. Most of the different positions mirroring the predators of the land and air. She still had no clue that her Sensei had returned, since she was staying at Yuki's place. So this was more of a routine she did every day to warm up. It would end with a version of the technique Battousai had wanted her to learn. As she pulled the second sword from its sheath, the force of it causing a trail through the grasses of the meadow. She sheathed the swords with a happy smile.

Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

Rep! : 56

A Reunion Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Reunion   A Reunion EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 3:48 pm

With a grunt Battousai's body would lift from the bed. The sheets of the Silver Fang Tavern's bed would free fall from his chest into his lap, revealing a white undershirt as he comes leaning into a sitting position. A golden haze of dust and specks float lightly in the rays of light that shone in from the window hailing the suns venturing into the sky. Lifting his hand, it rises up to his face and wipes about softly; there was a harsh feeling in his spirit, a strain on his body that did not seem to want to go away. 'So resting a full night did not get rid of it,' he thinks to himself. The changes of his current development would be more persistent than he would either like to think of or admit to. The hand on his face lowers and comes to the edge of the sheets that were over his lower body, and with moving them off of him, his body turns as he moves to exit the bed.

Moments later he was dressed in a pair of large black sweat pants that seemed a bit baggy for him. He retained the white shirt that he had been wearing with the addition of the mask he always seemed to wear on his face while outside. With his swords strapped about his waist with one on either side, he would exit the room of the Silver Fang and head to the stairways that lead to the first floor of the tavern. 'My breath is still heavy...' he realizes to himself as he corrects the issue and continues to walk down until he reaches the first floor.
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

A Reunion Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Reunion   A Reunion EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 3:49 pm

A glance and a nod would acknowledge the morning greeting from the barkeeper. The barman would offer a plate of breakfast, and figuring that it would be best for him to eat, Battousai accepts and takes a seat at a stool next to the bar. After completing a plate of rice and meat sausage with water on the side, Battousai thanks the bar keeper and proceeds out of the Tavern. His direction heads towards the meadows where he trained with Yuki from time to time and where he had given Sera her first training lessons. During his time traveling he had some time to think and in that time he had some objectives that he wanted to complete. Some of these objectives just happened to go hand in hand with Sera's training as Battousai remembered how he was brought up in his days with Little Hunter.

Battousai would arrive upon the meadows well into Sera's training. There was a part of him that was impressed that she was up so early and training, though it was abnormally late for him due to his current health. He would simply stand with his arms folded until the young lady either noticed him or sensed his presence.

514 / 514
Back to top Go down
Kazakura
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
Kazakura

A Reunion Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Reunion   A Reunion EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 11:30 am

As she turned to walk back towards the village, her red eyes came into contact with a set she had not seen in a while. Her current smile, only broadened and almost dimmed the sun's light as it spread across the tall grasses of the meadow. It seemed for a moment as if she would launch herself at him in a hug, since that was how emotional Sera tended to be, but she held herself in check as she approached the masked samurai. Her head tilted to the side as she watched him. Sera would not be able to tell a difference within him since she had not known him overly long as Yuki. But she wondered if he was alright simply due to the fact that she was a kami and naturally concerned for friends.

She bowed respectively to the man as she drew to a stop in front of him. "Good Morning, Sensei. You are well I hope." She was bright and cheerful like most mornings. Her eyes sparkled with happiness. She had a lot to say, but like usual with him, she kept it to herself unless asked. He was a man of few words as well as very internal thoughts. So she would wait for him to speak, her whole body teeming with excitement. Sera always found it harder to keep her emotions in check unless she was training or focused on something. While she waited, her eyes scanned over the man to look for any wounds or visible problems he might have suffered during his travel.

Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

A Reunion Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Reunion   A Reunion EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 7:45 pm

Nodding to the bow that is presented to him, Battousai would counter greet his pupil. From the looks of things, she seemed to be much more comfortable in her own style and was in the process of developing it. That much was good for the first phase of her training and beyond; for her to be able to train herself without him being present, Battousai found himself a bit impressed with her. When the comment comes about his health, he wonders for a moment if he seemed weaker than normal; with that, he would stand a little taller. Answering to the comment, he would advise that he was fine in a short statement without drawing much attention to the topic. Moving on from that, he decided that he would allow her to be social with him before delving into the inquiry of how her training had gone. He didn’t really know how to phrase it correctly as in ‘what’s been going on’ or something to that nature, so he comes off a bit short as he speaks, “what have you done in my absence?” To him it was similar enough to suffice, thought it would still seem as if he were asking directly about her training.

221 / 735
Back to top Go down
Kazakura
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
Kazakura

A Reunion Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Reunion   A Reunion EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 8:41 pm

"I am glad you are well. I was worried you might not return." With that said, she let him speak his question and brush off the topic of his health. She watched him stand a little straighter and wondered if he was hiding some illness or something. But she let the man have his privacy. If he wanted to tell her, he would at his own time. When she hears the question, it comes across as him asking for an account of her training thus far since she knew him to be fair lacking in the social department. So really it could not be him actually asking for anything more than that. With that in mind, Sera gave her report. "I have regained some of my memories, some of which helped me find my own style of fighting. I have been practicing the moves you have taught me and perfected them. Also I have accomplished the slash you charged me with learning before you returned." She tried to keep it short and to the point since he was most likely going to be picking up where he left off with her training. Sera wanted to ask him about Jyn but was uncertain as to what might have happened or whether she would get an answer so she just waited, since eventually her own questions would be answered. Patience was something she had been working on as well as everything else he had taught her.

-256-
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

A Reunion Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Reunion   A Reunion EmptyTue Oct 25, 2011 2:52 pm

Battousai did not expect her words and felt it silly for her to think that he would not return. He didn't really understand if there were a type of attachment there or if she thought of him as someone who didn't do what he said he did. This leaves him with a questioning gaze in that instant the sentence is passed over. After all, he considered himself to be almost as much invested in this village as Yuki, its appointed leader and overseer. His visage would return to normal swiftly and fluidly in moving into her status report; he was a bit surprised to hear that she had perfected some of the techniques that were shown to her. He would have to be the judge of that and see what she had to offer as their interaction progressed, but if she had, then he would deem such a thing to be good. It seemed promising when she confirms that she had perfected the technique 'slash.' With a nod, he would allow, "very good. If you have accomplished these feats, I would like to see them." His gaze lifts and trails out over the meadows that were about them in a direction away from the village. He would comment, "show me the slash that you have accomplished."

233 / 968
Back to top Go down
Kazakura
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
Kazakura

A Reunion Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Reunion   A Reunion EmptyTue Oct 25, 2011 5:31 pm

There was an awkward expression on his face and she almost turned red. It was more for the fact that she was worried as a student was for her teacher, but apparently she might have insulted him. But she just kept her mouth closed on that point and just nodded as he asked her to show the slash of which she had spoken. She took a step away from him and looked out across the meadow, her hand coming down to the hilt of her sword. Sera's mind focused on her task and cleared of all the nonsense as she wrapped her fingers around the hilt of the weapon. With a flick of her wrist, she drew the sword in a swift fluid motion, and with a diagonal slash, sent out a wave of force not as powerful as his but perfect in its path across the meadow as it cuts through stalks of grass and rips up the earth. As quickly and smoothly as she drew the sword she sheathed it before the path of the slash had ended. Her strength was not as great as his, but at least it was strong enough. After sheathing the weapon, she glanced over to him and waited for him to pick apart how she had done.

-216-
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

A Reunion Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Reunion   A Reunion EmptyTue Oct 25, 2011 10:47 pm

As she went off to perform the deed, the samurai would watch her with great expectations. He would see with his own eyes what she was capable of doing. With the blades departure from its casing, he would see the slash that she is able to produce and would nod in watching it performed. As expected something is actually produced instead of a goofy flop of a technique. Something with enough skill behind it for the samurai to call it a slash is performed. Looking to the young lady after she had preformed this technique Battousai would grant, “good, you pass.” It was convenient that she had gotten this far in her training, so much to the point where he felt comfortable giving her the mission that he had in mind. He would motion for her to return to him and then speak, “I have a mission for you to perform.” He would go into greater detail, “you shall continue your training in this mission; you will have to travel across the land, locate a person and bring him to me. You will have no help from me or Jyn in this process… even so, do you believe you will be able to take on this mission?”

221 / 1189
Back to top Go down
Kazakura
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
Kazakura

A Reunion Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Reunion   A Reunion EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 1:34 pm

Sera smiled at his statement of a passing grade. Her lips twitched and pulled upwards as she turned and looked to him. When he motioned for her to come to him, she moved towards him. Sera stepped through the long grasses, cutting a path through the meadow with her body. It wouldn't take but a few steps to reach the samurai and by that time the smile upon her face had slipped into a serious expression. He was talking of sending her on a mission. That was wonderful. But to collect someone. Would this person need to be collected by force? And since neither him nor Jyn would be able to help she was going solo. At least she did not have to worry about Yuki tagging along. That was a relief. "Yes. I will do this mission. I am assuming you will be telling me either his description or his name. Maybe even his location." She would continue to think about everything she would need for this mission and how long it would take her to reach this man and then bring him back. At least yuki would not be around to constant eye her like a thing of meat.

-210-
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

A Reunion Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Reunion   A Reunion EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 9:23 pm

The samurai would read into her reaction seeing if she were to hesitate or think too long on giving her answer. He is able to observe that she neither lingers nor hesitates with answering with a positive affirmation; such was a good thing in the eyes of the samurai. With that understood between the both of them, Battousai would next go into the specifics of the mission in order to answer some of the questions that Sera had about it. He would start out with explaining the approximate location and direction that the young warrior would have to go. He begins, “this mission will have you journey to the deserts. The target you’re looking for normally resides in Rajeh, so there is where you should be able to find him. Be warned that Rajeh is a very large and dangerous place…” It was only due to the fact that her training seemed to be showing positive signs that he would ask her to do this. He continues, “the man you are looking for is a merchant, therefore merchant circles may know of him. He draws a modest carriage with two camels and goes by the name of Nori Rashn. He normally wears a cloth about his head with blue eyes, tattooed claw marks on his shoulders with brownish orange hair. When you see him, he you can present a symbol to him, he will recognize it when you show it to him.” Crouching in the meadows, Battousai pulls up some of the grass in the area below him enough to get a small patch of earth where he uses his finger to draw in an omega symbol. Looking back up to Sera he would say, “find this man and bring him to this village; I have business with him.”

320 / 1509
Pic: https://2img.net/h/i720.photobucket.com/albums/ww209/KiunSage/0935bb7faa80c82b179473e30e70b626.jpg
Back to top Go down
Kazakura
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
Kazakura

A Reunion Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Reunion   A Reunion EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 1:01 pm

"So i am to travel into the deserts to a place called Rajeh and look for this man." Her knees bent as she knelt on the other side of Battousai as he cleared the area of grass and began to make the sign. Right under his sign, she repeated the figure just to make sure she had it committed to memory. With that her red eyes glanced up at him and she nodded. "When would you like me to leave? And when should I return if I cannot find him? Although if you say he is there I am sure he is." It would be dangerous alright. But she needed to help this man out since he had done nothing but strengthen her. "I will find this Nori Rashn. And bring him here. What should I expect in this city that makes it so dangerous?" Sera wanted to know what to prepare for when she got to the city, since she had never been down there in the desert. Unlike a lot of people, she did not ask him, why he wanted this man, or why send her, there was no questioning of his motives just an acceptance of his need for this to happen and for her to do it. She was rather honored that he was asking her to complete this mission. Standing up from her kneeling position she glanced at the sun and then back to him. Waiting on his answers.

-241-
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

A Reunion Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Reunion   A Reunion EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 9:08 pm

As expected there were questions that went along with the mission briefing. Such was fine since she was going on a journey with a very vague destination. Still, the mission would require a good amount of mystery in it for its overall purpose. It would test her ability to survive as well as her ability to gather leads on information and follow it on her own. Answering her, Battousai would speak, “I would like you to use the rest of the day to prepare for this mission and leave in the morning. If you cannot complete your mission, you may return for a retraining period. After that, you will have to retry. Failure is not something that should be easily acceptable. If you are unable to do something, then you find a way to do it. If you cannot find a way, then you keep looking for that way until you find it.” After coming off of his quest that lasted most of his life up until now, Battousai felt that anything was possible in this world so long as it was fed with a large amount of persistence and obsession. He would advise Sera, “as your first mission from me, do not take it lightly.”
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

A Reunion Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Reunion   A Reunion EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 9:08 pm

It may not have needed to be said, but he wanted to make sure that thought was in her mind. The severity of him trusting her to do this was no small trifle. The samurai didn’t want Sera to focus so much on not being able to do the mission, more so than he would rather her focus on being able do to it or looking at ways on how it could be done. Since the young lady had already stated that she would find Nori and bring him back in a renege of her question, Battousai felt she had an adequate amount of determination for the time being to get her started on this. Since it was important that she understand the region that she was going into he would enlighten her a little. Speaking on Rajeh, he would comment, “any travel may be dangerous due to the people who inhabit the land. The desert regions are exceedingly dangerous in themselves. The sun is unrelenting and harsh; food and water are scarce and the land is hard. Being alone in the desert can drive a person crazy as well. The portion of the desert regions that you are going into are ran by warring clans. What happens there is cannot be anticipated and its city house several mercenaries and unsavory types; so be sure to be aware of your surroundings.”

467 / 1976
Back to top Go down
Kazakura
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
Kazakura

A Reunion Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Reunion   A Reunion EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 10:06 am

"I will do this, as you have requested. I will find this man. Will he come willingly I wonder" With that she would shake her head and mutter, "it matters not. I will get my stuff ready and leave in the morning. Do you have anything else for me?" She asked before turning towards the village. If he had last minute pointers or a last minute lesson she would be glad to wait, since most of her stuff was travel ready anyways. She waited for his answer while gazing out over the meadow. The sun had crept further up the sky and a bright blue day was becoming evident. The sky slowly clearing of the predawn clouds. The sun melting them with its warmth. The morning birds had already ceased their chirping and instead it was now the song of the meadowlark somewhere amidst the tall grasses.

The chill in the air was slowly warming up with the sun moving along its path across the sky. Winter was coming and soon the grasses would dry out and die. This field would be brown and brittle devoid of life as the snows would start to fall. So unlike the picture it was presenting at the current time. Right now, it was teaming with life and beauty. But even in its death for the winter, it would still produce beauty.

-242-

ooc: Is Kuin coming back?
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

A Reunion Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Reunion   A Reunion EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 7:34 pm

With a nod, Battousai would inform, “there is no reason for him to not come willingly. He is a friend and associate of Jyn…” Remembering something just then, Battousai adds, “speaking of Jyn, he has several maps of the region which you may be able to use. I will see if I can acquire one of his maps for you; it should make your journey that much easier.” The samurai was pretty sure that Jyn probably had notes somewhere about Rashn’s location or market, but those would be too troublesome to attempt to locate with Jyn being missing in action for the time being. The samurai concludes, “I have nothing else for you, you are free to use your time as you wish.” Turning his side to her, he would bid a fare well in the words, “well then…” and then proceed in walking back towards the main portions of the village. Though the breakfast seemed to help some, he still felt winded on the inside. There was much he had to do on his own end, so for that, he could not simply sit around until he felt better. Resting didn’t seem to help during the travel here, so he could only assume he had to deal with his new reality.

225 / 2201
Exit RP?
Maybe.
Back to top Go down
Kazakura
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
Kazakura

A Reunion Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Reunion   A Reunion EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 7:08 am

Sent to UYB