Shintheory Role-Playing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shintheory Role-Playing

Welcome to the HUB of Shintheory Roleplaying!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Post Tonberry Reunion *

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

Rep! : 56

Post Tonberry Reunion * Empty
PostSubject: Post Tonberry Reunion *   Post Tonberry Reunion * EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 6:12 pm

After traveling back up this way from the desert, Eri and I managed to find a job of sorts that required rescuing a princess. Well, that failed horribly, probably due to the hunting party that uninvited came with during the expedition. Though they had served well as decoys and monster fodder, after searching through much of the house there was an explosion in the kitchen that suggested that the main objective for coming here was no longer here. What was here, however, were various supplies and a large glowing rock of questionable origins that might have some mysterious use. Aside from that, I had bumped into a boyhood friend that I used to train with in the past, so since we were both here in this nice dwelling, I decided to pull him to the side and talk to him in private. One thing I had noticed was that the creatures here were incredibly weak, so they could be defeated along the way there, and seemingly, the monsters had been cleared out on the way here. I would lead him the short distance into the Dining room where the creatures defeated by Eri and myself laid in their own respective pools of blood amidst a really nicely decorated area. After reaching the table in the center of the dining room, I would sit, or rather lean, on it and face my guest as I would greet, “been a while, little bro.” My swagger and appearance had changed partially, but with that single phrase, I felt that he should remember who I was pretty easily.

Persona: Jyn'Rai | Timeline: Current (After The Golden Tonberry) | EXP: 292 / 292

Last edited by aѕceпxion on Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kazatul
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
Kazatul

Rep! : 19

PostSubject: Re: Post Tonberry Reunion *   Post Tonberry Reunion * EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 7:20 pm

Standing there looking at him, he motions for me to follow him off to the side. I had thought to address Yuki or at least inspect this glowing stone, but this was more important to me. There was much to be discussed between Jyn and I. I release the void energy that had gathered around my right hand. Walking into the dining room, I observe the carcasses and damage still littering the area around us. Looking around the dining room, I stop by one of the corpses and note that if this one had been killed by Jyn then his swordsmanship had definitely improved. I look over the table's setup and the walls before his words draw my attention and the restrained ire of the gull of them. Really? Did he seriously just address me like he's been gone on a month long campaign and finally we get to meet up in a mutual camp or guild house. Yeah, it annoys me internally, but my outer expression remains calm and relaxed. When I respond to him, my tone matches my exterior, "So we are going to pretend that you didn't just up and leave two YEARS ago? Yes, Jyn. It has been a while." There was so much more that I wanted to say and considering how things ended, there was much to be said. I suppress my urge to let the energies of the Void form around my hands. It's not like I could hurt him much anyway. Master made him quite resistant to me without teaching me how to overcome that resistance!

EXP: 282
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

PostSubject: Re: Post Tonberry Reunion *   Post Tonberry Reunion * EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 11:26 pm

“Heh,” I look to the side realizing that he remembered me well, “I suppose we can’t do that…” I did left rather suddenly, or rather Battousai did at that time. My current persona of Jyn’Rai wasn’t dominant during those times and since Battousai was much more less social that my current self, it made sense for him to just wander off. I had my reasons, but of course, they would not be explained to others as they were personal. My gaze shifts down towards the ground as my hand reaches into my pocket and pulls out a black horned mask that would be recognizable to him. While pulling it out, I speak, “a lot of things have changed in these two years… I guess that much is obvious by my appearance…” I attached the mask to cover the bottom of my face with the top portion wrapping about the top of my head as it normally fitted as I continue, “so I’ll address you as I was when I left. But I’ll go ahead and let you know…” My hands lower to my side and I stand before him finishing, “he’s missed you a little bit, so be ready.” With that a bright light shines about my body and it tints with a reddish aura as my muscle tone becomes more slender than it was a moment ago and my ivory hair lengthens and falls more loosely about my head (Phase Shift, +Bind).

My eyes close for a moment and open much redder than they had been. The aura about me fades and for the first time in two years, I am able to see the form that the Hunter had grown into. Good; he looked as if he were growing stronger in the void, this was what I wanted. Without warning my body crouches and lunges forwards towards him. My right hand was already behind me and on one of my blades as a downward diagonal slash accompanies the lunge. Though a bit unprovoked, the slash would only come at half of my speed as I was really just trying to say hello and not actually harm him… too much. We were in a cramped area after all.

Persona: Jyn'Rai > Battousai | Timeline: Current (After The Golden Tonberry) | EXP: 382 / 675
Back to top Go down
Kazatul
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
Kazatul

PostSubject: Re: Post Tonberry Reunion *   Post Tonberry Reunion * EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 6:24 pm

Not like I needed any additional fuel to be added to the proverbial fire, but his response or really lack there of is quite inciting. When he brings up the incident, my calm, nonchalant demeanor nearly breaks. I force a smile out as he puts on the face mask of Battousai. Energy returns quickly as I draw it to my hand and crack my fingers. When he approaches, I go to lift my hand to hurl the orb, but I cannot move my arm. What the hell?! Had I been paralyzed somehow? I did not understand what had happened, but thankfully, he had not gotten much faster. Jyn always was rather slow in his first attack...

-ENTER FLASHBACK MODE-

My mind drifts back to about four or five years ago. Whenever we would return from a mission, we liked to spar against one another. It was typically the lingering adrenaline rush received from our encounters and whatever major (minute and rarely even noticed) impact we had in aiding Master's mission. I remember us walking into the courtyard of the community we were staying in for the moment. Jyn, well Battousai, had charged to attack me. I typically didn't move out of the way from Jyn since my style is more of a ranged fighter. Minor Rip releases from my hand which is resting by my hip. The orb of energy would leap from my right hand and fly at Battousai's chest. I grin at my friend ready to face off!

EXP: 275/557
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

PostSubject: Re: Post Tonberry Reunion *   Post Tonberry Reunion * EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 6:39 pm

Jin was safely tucked away after another mission that had been accomplished. During this time, Battousai was the dominant persona who stayed manifested a majority of the time with only small glimpses of Jin here and there. As such, during the walk back into the courtyard Battousai had a series of thoughts where he had to confirm to himself whether he wanted to attack Hunter or not. The reasoning behind why he would perform such an action would be vague, but as fate would have it, it would decide to go with the attack; perhaps it was to sate the adrenaline from another mission well done. Since it was a normal occurrence, it was often hard to catch Hunter off guard meaning that my actions were about as normal as striking up a conversation. My movement is fluid as I move to him with an attack and as anticipated, he had anticipated my attack and gathered together an orb of energy to project at me. With the energy rushing towards my chest, I had the option of taking the hit, striking it away, physically blocking it, or evading. From those choices, I chose to evade due to the fact that I did not want to cause any unnecessary wear to my body or blade. Though it was true that I was slowly growing some type of immunity or resistance to his magic, it didn’t mean that I liked taking hits from him. After evading the attack, my body would shift to the side as my crimson gaze would be on his mouth to see if he were chanting; the formations of his words were often my queue on how to defend or attack. It was a trick that I didn’t know whether he had picked up on by now or not.

Flashback | 320 / 995
Back to top Go down
Kazatul
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
Kazatul

PostSubject: Re: Post Tonberry Reunion *   Post Tonberry Reunion * EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 7:03 pm

While he may take his sweet time in attacking, the damn Battousai was agile and quick to evade. Not sure as to why he is always so hard to hit, I merely take a step back to reset. There was a new power that I had learned but never tested that I really wanted to try, but if I was unsuccessful in using it, I would have to get sliced by his attack. Sure, we have healers and I'm tough, but still, bleeding was not something that I was fond of. I prefer to see the blood on others instead. Up to this point, I had also managed to hide one other fact from Battousai, but the decision to reveal said fact was a risky one for encounters like these. I wonder why he isn't attacking while I am drawing energy to both my left and right hands. "Let's go!" The left orb flies at his head before I dash towards him uttering, "Now!" The right orb would come a moment later aimed at his abdomen.

When Battousai is knowingly present, there is rarely an idle moment. Even if I'm not attacking or defending, I'm channeling or harnessing energy to utilize another ability. This is no exception.

EXP: 218/775
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

PostSubject: Re: Post Tonberry Reunion *   Post Tonberry Reunion * EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 8:10 pm

Setting the scene a bit better to add distance into the fray, the scenario is clarified as Battousai would have to be running to the side of Hunter in a semi circle so that their proximity wouldn’t be too awkward considering the attack came from walking relatively close to one another. Remaining in third person this time, when it is noticed that his opponents lips were about to move, Battousai’s body drops as he performs a swift evading duck and roll along the ground where he revolves along the courtyard ground over his right shoulder which would bring him into a crouched position. From the crouch, his eye line instantly returns to Hunter as the second orb is released. Instead of moving to either side, his body moves directly up, leaping high and over the second orb that as it pulls from Hunter’s hand and swiftly moves to the location that previously held the swordsman. By Hunter’s time of reaction, Battousai would now be suspended in the air and channeling his inner ki. His sword would be held up and above his head in both hands as if preparing for a massive slash. As far as the situation looked, it looks as if things worked out for Battousai given Hunter would be dashing in towards him at this time; something that would appear probably make it easier to slash him when gravity eventually brought him back down.

Flashback | 320 / 1263
Back to top Go down
Kazatul
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
Kazatul

PostSubject: Re: Post Tonberry Reunion *   Post Tonberry Reunion * EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 12:30 pm

Damn evasive bugger! Both orbs fail to find their mark, so I would simply adjust strategies. That new power that I really wanted to try was about to be put to the test. Just in case, it failed, a Disruptive Shield is created around me. His body would be dropping in a moment and that would be my opportunity. Perhaps I could use my martial arts training without revealing that I in fact have received any training. I just need a little more energy to make this work. No matter what tho, do not take my eyes off of him. This can work. I know it can work!

EXP: 111/886

Last edited by Kazatul on Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

PostSubject: Re: Post Tonberry Reunion *   Post Tonberry Reunion * EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 1:19 pm

Battousai free falls towards the ground with his sights set on Little Hunter and his blade pulled back. He begins his downward slash within five feet of reaching his target but his body emits a burst of light (Light Flash) and instead of falling onto his target, he appears behind him in a secondary burst of light at a speed that his magical essence would have provided (abnormal) in a crouched position with his feet set and finishing off the swing that he was in the middle of performing. His teleported proximity would be intimate well inside of weapon melee range and the slash would be performed aimed at the small of Little Hunter’s back (Simple Melee, DMG = Average) using the dull side of the blade as not to cut through his armor; he knew things such as armors were expensive and hard to come across. Escaping the annoyance of any bitching well overpowered his lust to damage Little Hunter. Still, he though he noticed something in coming down, he knew that he had to be prepared for Hunter if he had the ability to adapt to the attack pattern that Battousai had used this time.

Flashback | 218 / 1481
Back to top Go down
Kazatul
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
Kazatul

PostSubject: Re: Post Tonberry Reunion *   Post Tonberry Reunion * EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 8:28 pm

Watching him as a falcon watches their prey, there is one thing that I definitely do not expect to see and that is Jyn vanish in a burst of light. Now I am annoyed! So Master taught him to teleport, but he won't teach me how to deflect sword damage. At the moment, Battousai vanishes, I too would vanish. (Portal - Stage 2 at 1/2 range) Moving forward towards his previous airborne position, I emerge from the Void about 10 yards ahead of my previous position. My image should be shimmering away during the time of the slash. I quickly turn around since he does not seem to be in front of me. If he could move thru the Void or with the Light, I am at a disadvantage. Also, he is getting faster. This is a problem to say the least! I had grown cocky in my ability to control a field as long as I had melee warriors like Jyn to fend off attackers for me, but alone against one that is actually showing himself to have gotten faster, I seem to be at a disadvantage. Seeking to offset things once again, I create an orb in my right hand and decide to use strategy instead. I had to utilize my abilities to outsmart Jyn in order to best him. Come on and attack again.

EXP: 235/1121

Last edited by Kazatul on Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

PostSubject: Re: Post Tonberry Reunion *   Post Tonberry Reunion * EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 9:52 pm

Battousai felt his blade move through nothingness; it was an odd feeling that brought annoyance to the young man, though he knew such a thing wasn’t necessarily spectacular. His money was on the fact that Little Hunter was actively channeling for an offense, but it would seem that they thought in a similar pattern. He knew well of Little Hunter’s ability to move from one place to another. After all, that ability was used the first time they met one another. At that time, the swordsman had lied and said he teleported them, but since then Little Hunter seemed to understand that the technique had somehow come from him.

When his slash misses, his momentum is already in moving forwards, so he simply continues that to allow his feet to carry him forwards towards his target objective. He knew better than to attempt to fight a ranged battle with a mage by this point and sought eagerly to cross the distance between them. Since the distance was ten yards, he would begin his dash towards Little Hunter; the distance would give Little Hunter the initiative in the next attack as it would be less likely that Battousai would be able to cross thirty feet in less than two seconds.

Flashback | 218 / 1719
Back to top Go down
Kazatul
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
Kazatul

PostSubject: Re: Post Tonberry Reunion *   Post Tonberry Reunion * EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 1:35 pm

Seeing his approach allows me to account for his timing. The position of the sword is most important. I need to be able to anticipate where he is going to attack. The orb in my right hand is released, but the energy doesn't dissipate. Instead, it wraps around my hands and I realize that I should really learn how to use my energy in order to create weapons. Stay focused. I had to let him get closer. Or did I? The energy from my hands drifts away aimed for his sword. Can't hurt someone without your precious sword. If my tactic is successful then his sword would appear about 20 yards behind him lodged gently in the ground. What I am contemplating is a bold, yet probably foolish idea. I actually want to fight him without his sword or my Void attacks. Still, Jyn is stronger than I am, so that might not be the best idea for me.

EXP: 169/1290
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

PostSubject: Re: Post Tonberry Reunion *   Post Tonberry Reunion * EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 5:20 pm

In his rushing dashing towards Little Hunter, the Battousai’s sword would be held trailing his movements in his right hand which would be opposite his left arm running in a semi crouched manner where his arms also trailed his movements. He notes the curious movements of the energy that came from his opponent. The next attack coming from Battousai wouldn’t be a slash or a thrust, but a counter to whatever technique Little Hunter would be attempting. As it turns out, the Battousai’s desire for his sword not to get struck overcomes his desire not to get hit by an energy attack. The weapon didn’t have a resistance to magic, so each strike would harm its density, however, Battousai was growing somewhat of an immunity to the powers of the void, and he could recover his health easier than it would be to have his sword retreated. That process of thought would lead him to pull his sword out of the way of the attack, while the speed of the attack would keep him from being able to dodge it completely; it was fine since he was bracing for the attack. What he hadn’t braced for, however, was the fact that he had been banished from one place to about twenty yards away even after he had done all that running just to get close to Little Hunter. With that, Battousai stands up right and tilts his head, with his eyes giving Little Hunter a frustrated ‘really??... I mean come on, dude… really?...’ look in them.

Flashback | 285 / 2004
Back to top Go down
Kazatul
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
Kazatul

PostSubject: Re: Post Tonberry Reunion *   Post Tonberry Reunion * EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 11:22 pm

Damn it! I missed! Well technically I missed. The warp worked but not how I wanted. Seeing as it was Jyn, I admit out loud, "Well it wasn't supposed to go quite like that. Ok, put ur sword over there then come over here so I can smack you around. Ok? Thanks. I'll be right here." From time to time, one must engage in psychological warfare in order to accomplish one's objectives and move astronger foe into a moe favorable situation. I add teasingly, "Well unless ur scared that is." A taunt normally helps to get him to do what I need him to do. I dissipate the Void energy that had been channeled around me. It would give off the appearance of visible distortions that fade away. I don't have to use my powers to fight! & I'll prove it against him right here & right now..

155/1445

Last edited by Kazatul on Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

PostSubject: Re: Post Tonberry Reunion *   Post Tonberry Reunion * EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 6:12 pm

The annoyed look shifts to a blank expression as Little Hunter makes the demand for The Battousai to leave his sword where he was and to approach for the continued battle. The blank stare shifts from Little Hunter, to the sword he held in his hands and then back to Little Hunter. Of course the Battousai wouldn’t do something as silly as stick his sword into the ground and walk off; his sword was a treasured object and he only wanted blood to stain it, not dirt if not needed. A bit unsure on why he had this handicap, Battousai would still take the challenge as he pulls his shirt off and folds it, lying it on the ground. He lays his sword on top of the shirt to keep it from touching the ground and then turns his attention back to Little Hunter. After sitting down his sword, Battousai stands from his crouched position and casually walks over to Little Hunter, since Little Hunter seemed to convey the fact that he would wait right there for him. Coming within ten feet of Little Hunter, Battousai would stand there with a questioning gaze as to see what was next and why he had to place his sword down. “You think you can even touch me?” Battousai asks his opponent.

236 / 2240
Back to top Go down
Kazatul
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
Kazatul

PostSubject: Re: Post Tonberry Reunion *   Post Tonberry Reunion * EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 12:11 pm

As the challenge is accepted, I would remove my bracelets that I wore as charms to help me channel the Void or at least that is what I was told they did by Master. Not to be upstaged, I take off my shirt to show my six pack stomach and... boy pecks. They'll grow tho! Laying the bracelets on my shirt, I watch the last few steps of his approach. I do not take a stance yet until he beckons his question. "Let's find out." I dash at Jyn and throw a quick jab at his face with my left hand. If it comes close enough, my hand would open to smack him instead of punch him. I wanted him to think that I was either planning try & box with him or play around with him. That would be a fool's mistake and I have no intentions of being a fool.

147/1592

Last edited by Kazatul on Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

PostSubject: Re: Post Tonberry Reunion *   Post Tonberry Reunion * EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 4:28 pm

When movement springs forth from his opponent, the Battousai would respond quickly as well. As far as he was concerned, he still had the distance advantage, so as the dash was coming in, his hand would come to his sheathe. Swiftly stepping back with his movements and away from the intended attack he lift and aim to slam the sheath down and onto head of Little Hunter. Slam would be a harsh word for it, since it would be more like a ‘bop’ than anything else, as if to say ‘tag.’ If the attack hit, he would just kind of hold the sheath there on Little Hunter’s head and allow an awkward moment to pass. The original reason that Battousai had thought the request to put his sword down as being odd was because there was nothing stopping him from using his sheath as a weapon. He figured if Little Hunter wanted to battle without weapons, he would have stated such in plane talk. It would be a small misunderstanding based on semantics, but it went along with his demeanor and attitude style. Of course, if the bop on the head missed, then Battousai would be forced to respond accordingly.

219 / 2459
Back to top Go down
Kazatul
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
Kazatul

PostSubject: Re: Post Tonberry Reunion *   Post Tonberry Reunion * EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 11:05 pm

With my fist reaching out to connect with him at the same time that Battousai is trying to bop me, my hand would be smack instead of my head. The smack would land kind of like a teacher scolding a child with a ruler. I look at the sheath then look at him in a manner that says, "Did you really just whap my hand?" Normally, I would jump back, but I am rather shocked that he actually just did that. It doesn't even dawn on me that he is cheating and using a weapon. My mind hasn't even caught up to that blatant violation. If his sheath is this close then I should be able to strike him. I press forward with a feinting lead straight (left hand) followed with by a round kick to the back of his left leg. Even if I was trying to hurt him, it would not have any real effect as he is stronger than me, but I would still try to prove a point. I make sure that I focus on precision in striking and not brute strength. That, after all, is nowhere near my forte. Whether the kick lands or misses, I would circle to my left to try and evade a counter attack and reset. I had to stay loose and strong.

221/1813

Last edited by Kazatul on Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

PostSubject: Re: Post Tonberry Reunion *   Post Tonberry Reunion * EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 7:34 pm

There is no answer for him. I had meant to bop him on the head, but then in this situation, the hand wasn’t that bad. It was like saying ‘bad hand’ in a way, but still, I had the sneaking suspicion that his head was harder than his hand. For some odd reason, I do not continue my attack, allowing him time to look at my sheath, me, then speak; it was more out of a curiosity to what he was going to do. His words didn’t seem like a chant to me, though I couldn’t be too sure about it; since he had not announce that he wasn’t going to be using magic, I was operating under the assumption that he would continue to fight as he was with the only difference being that I wasn’t using my sword. With the feint punch comes, I look at the first as if wondering what he was pulling. The punch doesn’t hit me, however, but his body shifts around and he performs a kick to my leg. Instead of dodging or counter attacking, my leg lifts up to block the kick, but my overall body doesn’t move. I would then attempt to bop him on the head again, but he circles away in an evasion and resets. By the time he does that, my body is already moving forwards at a heightened speed (speed burst) and I aim to ram my right shoulder into his chest to push him back as he is coming back around to face me (momentum dmg = 1).

262 / 2721
Back to top Go down
Kazatul
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
Kazatul

PostSubject: Re: Post Tonberry Reunion *   Post Tonberry Reunion * EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 7:51 pm

The left round kick is checked by Battousai. My body barely escapes him using his sheath again. I am tempted to tap into the Void, but I resist. I am sure that there will come a time when I am unable to utilize the Void to aid me in battle and when that time comes, I must be prepared to fight using other tools. Even as a boy I understand this concept. Resetting into my stance does not allow me to prepare for something that I certainly did not expect which is Battousai to be able to move as quickly as he just did. Before I can react, his shoulder is lodged firmly into my chest and I stumble backwards. Hoping to take advantage of his forward momentum, I extend my left hand back to anchor me going into a cartwheel as I try to kick Jyn in the chest or head. As long as I am not caught, I would finish the cartwheel and try to look cool as I regain my balance. You know, just in case anyone was watching.

184/1997
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

PostSubject: Re: Post Tonberry Reunion *   Post Tonberry Reunion * EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 7:59 pm

After the chest pushed, my body would have the counter force of pushing against him that would assisting in redirecting my momentum. As I shift back, I see him actually attempt an attack while falling back, which was interesting. I wondered if such a concept would work from such an awkward position. Either way, I do not sit and contemplate on it. Instead, my body shifts forwards once more as my sheath slides across the ground and slashes up. The slash along with a light force of wind that would eventually become my Winged Slash, would send forth dust and debris into my opponents field of vision. My body shifts as I redirect my momentum and come to his right side instead of remaining in front of him, repositioning at the time that he should be open; still it was a little confusing to me that he had used physical attacks. My body lowers as I reach his side and spins as I perform a sweep aimed for the back of his heels to hopefully sweep him off of his feet.

196 / 2917
Back to top Go down
Kazatul
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
Kazatul

PostSubject: Re: Post Tonberry Reunion *   Post Tonberry Reunion * EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 8:41 pm

In the midst of the cartwheel kick maneuver, debris is sent flying at me. He is such a cheater! I think this for a moment before the thought flees replaced by a sort of commendation of using the terrain to his advantage. I try to block the debris, but the dust had already clouded my field of vision. Now I couldn't explain it, but I could still feel him by the Void. I was trying not to use my powers, but this one doesn't seem to be controlled yet. It comes and goes, but I feel him moving around him, but then he vanishes. What is going on? This is a bad position for me, so I teleport myself away to get out of the dust cloud. His foot would not connect this time. I still can't hit him? Or maybe I'm simply going about this in all the wrong way. I would wait a moment until I could get a clear visual on him before I shimmer out of sight once again. I would reemerge directly in front of him with my palm snapping right in front of him to strike him in the chest. I figure that if I can stay moving quickly then I don't have to worry about his strength advantage. If he can't hit me, being stronger doesn't really help much. Still I need to get faster myself without the use of the Void. Using the Void like this makes me realize the true potential for sneak attacks and true attacks of opportunity that could be unleashed via the Void and teleportation.

276/2273
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

PostSubject: Re: Post Tonberry Reunion *   Post Tonberry Reunion * EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 6:25 pm

Up to this point, I was getting annoyed due to the fact that he hadn’t been using his powers against me. For him to use physical attacks, something that was his weakness, it made me think that perhaps he was taking me lightly. Something like that was worst than actually hitting me and had it continued, I may have grown more aggressive in my attacking. It’s when I do not feel the impact of his leg in my sweep that I know that he had been forced to use his abilities and stop relying on physical strength. With that, I could at least calm just a little. Because the sweep missed, my body would remain crouched as I would remain so until I had a handle on him. I didn’t think that he had visually followed me to this point and it was confirmed by the fact that his counter attack came at chest height. As the palm and arm thrusts out over me, I would grab it at his wrist and forearm in standing, pushing my back against his body and tossing him over my shoulder with a hip toss. I didn’t think it wise to perform a counter attack without solidifying the location and posture of your opponent, but I assumed that he must have felt my presence somehow and reacted to that. Either that or he heard my movements and responded accordingly.

249 / 3166
Back to top Go down
Kazatul
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
Kazatul

PostSubject: Re: Post Tonberry Reunion *   Post Tonberry Reunion * EmptyMon Jul 04, 2011 9:30 pm

Emerging and going for the palm strike, I thought for sure, I would hit him, but instead of connecting the way I had expected, contact of a different sort was made. Only one problem though... it was the contact of Jyn grabbing me and with quick movement, I find myself in a familiar yet quite unpleasant situation. I am flying over his body and then... wap! My back, say hello to the ground. Ok. So that answers that. I am still not strong enough to fight him without the Void and his resistance to the Void is becoming stronger as well. I have to work on physically developing myself because I refuse to be unable to hurt him should the need ever arise!

The problem with your close ally and truth be told, only legitimate friend, being the one who you are trying to build up your prowess to defeat is that when you are a boy, you never legitimately think that you need to worry about a time when you two are going to clash. It was that naive feeling that led to me being unable to stop him roughly two years when he left.

END FLASHBACK SEQUENCE

Coming back to the present, I look at him and as soon as he comes close enough to attack. My body would not move but it would shimmer from sight and in my place that would be a spatial rupture that effects a 5 yard blast radius. I didn't give a damn about this place, so damaging it means nothing to me. Reappearing moments later, away from him, I look at Jyn. One sentence parts from my lips...

"Things are not as they were, Jyn."

295/2568
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

PostSubject: Re: Post Tonberry Reunion *   Post Tonberry Reunion * EmptyMon Jul 04, 2011 11:42 pm

During the slash, I do not feel the pressure of his body against my blade as it passes through him. Knowing him as one who uses the void, I expected this to be an evasion of some sort; thus I prepare myself to counter while expecting an attack to greet me as well. Braced, an explosion of a familiar void energy emits on my position and moments later he would return. I pause, my sword held down, semi ignoring him, unaffected by the technique due to my defenses against it, as I look around the area around me. I was more interested in what had just happened pretty sure that something wrong was performed. When he vanished, I could still feel him, meaning he was within a range of ten feet, since that seemed to be the limit of his warping ability in distance. From the room around me and the evidence of destruction there in, I could see that the blast was greater than 10 feet in distance since it reached the walls on all sides. That would mean that I would have to assume that he must have teleported and ran into another room really quickly or something to that nature and then came back during the blast, considering the fact that the technique he used couldn’t just remove himself from this realm completely as there were no other realms than the main three. As if he had not said anything just now, I would inquire curiously, “did you just leave the room now?” while preparing my OOC rebuttal in case he thinks that he went into a pocket realm or something.

Persona: Jyn'Rai | Timeline: Current (After The Golden Tonberry) | EXP: 295 / 3461
Back to top Go down
Kazatul
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
Kazatul

PostSubject: Re: Post Tonberry Reunion *   Post Tonberry Reunion * EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 2:16 pm

Shaking my head, I respond to him, "I do not. I was here the entire time. All around you. I had no intentions of harming you. I can go wherever the Void around me goes." That vague answer would be enough for me. I had actually done something that even I did not know I was capable of doing. My original intention was to simple wait inside of the Void before reappearing, but instead, I felt myself become one with the distortion. I actually teleported within the explosion of void energies before emerging at my current position. I would not let him know this but I am greatly intrigued by this accidental discovery. He too had changed. He seemed stronger... significantly so. I can't say that I liked that fact as the air about him just displeases me. Finally, I cut to the chase, "So why did you want to speak to me in private?" My mind's little wandering flashback had soften my stance on him a bit having remembered better times, but it did not change the facts or my wanting to take on another mission and soon. I need to continue pushing myself to get stronger before I head to the Core. That objective has not changed.

228/2796
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

PostSubject: Re: Post Tonberry Reunion *   Post Tonberry Reunion * EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 5:44 pm

I listen to the words that come out of his mouth. He attacked and had no intentions of harming me? That was too bad. But what about my intentions? Harming him brought me joy from time to time, or rather the process of doing so. Still, it was an interesting answer that he gives me, which made me wonder if he truly thought that he could harm me. I started to regret going easy on him with my opening welcome, since it left things in the air to whether or not he thought he was stronger than me. Such a thing would just heighten my necessity to battle him; actually the more he stood the, the more I wanted to attack him. I realized that such a thing wouldn’t do inside. Though I didn’t care for this house, I knew the value of it and since Jyn’Rai hadn’t yet plundered it, I would strive to keep it intact for at least the time being. I answer his question I speak cryptically, “let us have this conversation on the roof…” Of course, I was still going through the thought processes of battle where I would probably go all out in ambushing Little Hunter on reaching the roof. It was obvious; the roof was spacious and less would be destroyed there. The setting would also be more dramatic than simply being in the backyard and less visible to those in the mansion. I wouldn’t try anything to kill him, just get him close to that point; it was the same concept behind male rabbits mounting another: an establishment of dominance between familiar males of the same pack… or in the case of bunnies… the same… bundle? Of course, if he shot me down with a no it would be the same as my victory, though it would kill my current mood of wanting to kill; but it was my way of showing him that I still cared.

Persona: Jyn'Rai | Timeline: Current (After The Golden Tonberry) | EXP: 343 / 3804
Back to top Go down
Kazatul
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
Kazatul

PostSubject: Re: Post Tonberry Reunion *   Post Tonberry Reunion * EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 5:59 pm

I blink at him twice. Was this his weird way of wanting to explore this place together? We were in the kitchen and he motioned for me to come in here with him and now he wants to go up on the roof? I don't have time for this. The fact that I actually don't have another mission finds itself falling on deaf ears. "I am in no mood for games, Jyn. You asked me to come here as if you wished to talk, so let us talk or I'll be heading out for my next mission. Each mission makes me stronger, so I do not have the time to waste moving from place to place in this estate for no reason." I had hoped my point was clear. I am not a child and my concern is solely on obtaining the power I need to find and rescue my Master. While I am curious as to what he wants of me, I cannot risk setbacks or losses of opportunity.

165/2961
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

PostSubject: Re: Post Tonberry Reunion *   Post Tonberry Reunion * EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 6:11 pm

A frown emits as my eyes narrow at the response that I received. For some odd reason, it seemed as if he thought I was playing with him. Aside from that, there was another misunderstanding that he had not caught onto. In order to clarify things on a level plane, I would inform him that it hadn’t been me that has asked him here; “One which you do not know asked you to come here.” He should be able to note the shift in my appearance as I no longer looked as I had when we first met. At the moment, I looked just as I had when we were together running missions in our past; even my voice was different than before. As someone who knew me intimately, he should at least know that I had two main modes that I was in when I was with him; one more than the other. There was the kind Jin that was mostly out when there was no work to be done, and the more assertive Battousai that he would have spent more time with during missions and such and during our training time. It would be news to him that the form I was in before was yet another variant of myself. I would continue, “now that you are here I will see who is stronger… the roof has more room.”

Persona: Jyn'Rai | Timeline: Current (After The Golden Tonberry) | EXP: 232 / 4036
Back to top Go down
Kazatul
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
Kazatul

PostSubject: Re: Post Tonberry Reunion *   Post Tonberry Reunion * EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 6:25 pm

A sigh escapes from my body as I look at him. So THAT is what this is about. Since the truth to the matter neither helps nor hinders me, I do not spend time pondering it. My response is swift as I speak to him with a stoic look about my face. "You are stronger. Is that all that you wanted?" There is no deception in my voice when my answer is given, but there is also no thought of genuineness backing the comment. Simply words being spoken. Considering that this is Battousai, I would assume that a spar or duel was indeed the purpose for our private "talk". Seeing no further purpose to this little reunion, I turn from him to start walking towards the entrance when I stop for a moment and glance to the side not fully looking at him. My mind plays several different responses that I could say to him ranging from borderline insults to actually being happy to see him, but no words could be formed to express the totality of my thoughts and position on the matter of Jin or Battousai. So I remain silent as I turn my head back forward and take the first step to leave.

217/3178
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

PostSubject: Re: Post Tonberry Reunion *   Post Tonberry Reunion * EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 6:41 pm

With those words, my desire to kill him is deflated. The blade flips in my hand and comes in a reversed manner traveling behind my back and sliding into its sheath. The area around us was damaged from his blast but I kick over a toppled chair until it stood on its own and sat in it resting my elbows on my knees. There was no reason to stop him from leaving, after all, I had been the one to leave without word. If he felt that he must leave, then that was fine. Internally Jyn’Rai asked me if it were really okay for it to be like this, but I would quiet him as I did not need him meddling within my personal affairs. As Little Hunter would reach the door, I would simply question before he left, “what of your master.” The words would be flat and blank, but the only real display of affection in the fact that I cared enough to ask. Whether or not he answered was up to him, though it was curious as to why he was here and running missions without being in close proximity to his master; of course, the master could be nearby, but I wouldn’t know unless I asked.

Persona: Jyn'Rai | Timeline: Current (After The Golden Tonberry) | EXP: 215 / 4251
Back to top Go down
Kazatul
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
Kazatul

PostSubject: Re: Post Tonberry Reunion *   Post Tonberry Reunion * EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 7:23 pm

And that would be that. My feet carry me back to the door of the dining room before they come to an abrupt halt. Thankfully, my back is to him as a wave of anger flows over me momentarily. The wave is strong and I swear for a moment, all I see is red in front of me. I could feel spatial energies vibrating around me as if a Minor Distortion was about to erupt all around me. My right hand clinches tightly before I take in a deep breath and hold it for a moment. Something is happening to me and while I can't quite place or even fully comprehend what it is, I know that I need to figure it out and quickly. My mind is wandering, my senses are off, and now I am struggling to control my temper over a question like that. I exhale slowly letting the anger go with it. The vibrations die down as well. Still, I do not turn around. "My Master is... he is..."

There is a pause as I struggle to give voice to the words. I knew that he was lost and probably dead or a prisoner of some sort. He had gone there to kill a powerful demon and most of the parties that went on that campaign were killed and the few that survived refused to tell me anything, so I am stuck with not knowing the truth. All I can say for a response is:

"My master is currently lost to me. He was last seen fighting demons in the Core. Somewhere in the Core, but I don't know where he is or in what condition he is in. It has been over a year now and that is why I need to grow stronger so that I can go in to look for him. The survivors are too scared to go back in and search for him, so I must go."

I was more open with him in that response than I had ever intended to be. I do not know why nor do I try to make sense of it.

343/3521
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

PostSubject: Re: Post Tonberry Reunion *   Post Tonberry Reunion * EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 7:33 pm

Oh ho? My interest is piqued as he has his power tantrum, the same thing that worked in my favor to give me somewhat of an immunity against the void since I was so often basked in it. I would be slightly concerned that he had yet to master his control over his emotions when they spilled over to his powers. Though I wanted to kill him from time to time, I still was concerned for his well being much like a very distant older brother. With his words, I am able to understand his plight, which was similar to my original one. Now, much like I was, he was a warrior on a quest for revenge. Several times in my traveling I had come across those who told me revenge was a dead road, but it was also a crowded one. For a practice that was assumed to be bad for you, there seemed to be a lot of people drawn into it. Still, his quest was more so for a place than revenge on a single entity, and his rage seemed to stem from not being able to find his master, rather than knowing what had become of him and who to target. With a nod, I would comment, “I understand” before I would basically order, “rest here… this world is vast. A day is a drop in the bucket compared to a year.”

Persona: Jyn'Rai | Timeline: Current (After The Golden Tonberry) | EXP: 237 / 4488
Back to top Go down
Kazatul
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
Kazatul

PostSubject: Re: Post Tonberry Reunion *   Post Tonberry Reunion * EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 8:55 pm

Speaking of my loss of my Master brings several emotions that my cold exterior worked diligently to suppress. Feelings of weakness and despair. The feeling of my optimistic hopes slowly being poisoned to nothingness. Without my Master's guidance, I have been lost these last eighteen or so moons. My growth has slowed. I simply find that I do not know where I am going or what I am doing. I simply know that I must reach the Core, but I have to be strong enough to reach the Core without dying upon entry if I want to have any hope of retrieving my master and getting him back safely.

When Battousai speaks, I feel some of my worries pause for a moment. I have a feeling that has become so very foreign to me since I lost my Master... a feeling of actually not being alone. When he tells me to rest here, I turn to face him once again with a slightly confused look as I look around the room as if surveying the place for viability as a domicile. "Rest here? In order to allow any of the people still here to rest, this place would have to be thoroughly swept." In his own way, he did have a point in his words. I had traveled much and gotten nowhere in my search. IF I remained here and helped him clear out this place, I could always leave at dawn to continue my quest.

257/3778
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

PostSubject: Re: Post Tonberry Reunion *   Post Tonberry Reunion * EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 9:04 pm

With a nod, I would confirm, “yes, here” and I would add, “yes, we will have to clean up…” Between the two of us, I figured it couldn’t take much longer than about an hour to sweep all three floors including the top floor, the ground floor and the basement floor. The others could probably help, but if it wouldn’t be necessary. I would comment, “this floor seems fine, but we shall make sure. In the morning, we can hunt and make food.” I wasn’t much for talking too much, so with that, there was an objective to meet, I would stand from the chair and inquire, “top or bottom?” referring to the levels in this area. There was no need for the both of us to go with one another, so we could make better time if we cleaned the area out at the same time. Of course, hell would probably break loose in it but it would bring up another competition between us as I would strive to finish before he did. At least this should get his mind off of the lingering thoughts about his master for the time being.

Persona: Jyn'Rai | Timeline: Current (After The Golden Tonberry) | EXP: 200 / 4688
Back to top Go down
Kazatul
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
Kazatul

PostSubject: Re: Post Tonberry Reunion *   Post Tonberry Reunion * EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 9:31 pm

My cold eyes soften a bit as I nod to him, accepting the invitation. When he acknowledges the necessity for a clean-up, I think back to the quick search that I performed of the estate when searching for the princess that brought us all here. My mind recalls the stench and disgusting state of the basement and when the option is given, I very calmly but quickly choose to sweep the upstairs area. The upstairs wasn't going to be a cake walk either since I would have to deal with alien monster looking furry sex and that in itself is far from pleasant. "Where do you wish to meet when we are finished? Here or in the Great Hall?" I recall a drawing room as well that I wanted to inspect, but I figure we could do that after the sweeps are completely. Another question that does play on my mind but I choose not to inquire about is how long Jin plans on staying here. If we were doing sweeps for just a night, it would be decent exercise, but not really worth it. Still, I add that to the items to be discussed after the initial sweep is complete. As soon as his response is given to where he wishes to meet, spatial energies would congregate around me before they envelop me causing my image to shimmer from sight.

245/4023
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

PostSubject: Re: Post Tonberry Reunion *   Post Tonberry Reunion * EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 9:57 pm

Now that all was settled, I would accept his taking the top portion. I would handle the bottom and it wouldn’t be an issue. The place was vast still and it would be dark downstairs but I had ways of illuminating the darkness. To answer his question, I would state, “the grand hall is fine” and with that there was no more reason for me to linger further. Purposefully, I would make my way towards the stairway to the side of the Grand Ballroom that led down into the basement. At the end of my portion of cleaning, chances were I would switch to Jyn’Rai for a moment and that would be when I went outside to meet with Ashurai having absentmindedly forgotten Battousai’s objective. After that brief meeting was over, I would come inside and eventually meet back up with Little Hunter.

Persona: Jyn'Rai | Timeline: Current (After The Golden Tonberry) | EXP: 158 / 4846
Back to top Go down
Kazatul
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
Kazatul

PostSubject: Re: Post Tonberry Reunion *   Post Tonberry Reunion * EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 10:32 pm

Having reached an accord, my body appears a moment after exiting the Dining Room to appear upstairs above the hallway. Thankfully, I had already swept half of the rooms. The "mop-up run" would not take long. Hopefully, the furries were finished and decent... well as decent as horny furry alien monsters could be. I wanted to offer them the opportunity to leave peacefully. Sort of like a check out time sort of thing. If that failed then I would transition to my normal response to failed peaceful negotiations... pain and/or bloodshed. Once the sweep is complete of obstacles, I would begin taking a mental inventory of the primary contents of each room. I figure like any employer or leader, Battousai would want a report of my findings and that is when the realization sets in that I can say I am too fond of at the moment... I am following orders from him right now. While he made them sound like they were requests, I was being given orders from the "rest here" to asking if I was clearing the top floor or the basement. This realization would make for a painful death to be bestowed upon any creature or critter that crossed my path right now. I still wanted to get to the Drawing Room and inspect that room as well. That might be a prime location for a strategy or council room.

260/4283
OOC: End here?
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

PostSubject: Re: Post Tonberry Reunion *   Post Tonberry Reunion * EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 10:36 pm

Yes. Sent to UYB.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Post Tonberry Reunion *   Post Tonberry Reunion * Empty

Back to top Go down

Post Tonberry Reunion *
Page 1 of 1