Shintheory Role-Playing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shintheory Role-Playing

Welcome to the HUB of Shintheory Roleplaying!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Remember That Time? *

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

Rep! : 56

Remember That Time? * Empty
PostSubject: Remember That Time? *   Remember That Time? * EmptyTue May 17, 2011 10:01 pm

The sun shone high above me as I walk casually through the streets of a small desert village. As always, the temperature could be described as hot. My right arm was lifted and pressed against my right shoulder clinging onto the draw string of the brown cloth sack that contained most of my belongings. Small bottles and sub bags bounced off of the cloth bag with each of my steps. Stashed diagonally and tied to my back was a sheathed curved sword, referred to as the claw-blade to me, that held many memories. As far as the blade went, I didn't really use it much myself. Still, it was true that many of these memories would only be pertinent to myself, or rather versions of myself. To others, it may seem like just a common sword, as they seemed to be a necessity to those roaming about these lands, but to the Jin and Battousai inside of me, it meant the world.

Though I had grown accustomed to this heat, it didn't mean that I liked it. A frown graced my lips as I murmur light cursings to the sweltering heat, though I knew it wouldn't do anything to mitigate the harsh temperatures. I had come to this village to see if they had a well where I could fill up on my water. I wasn't out, but I was running low, never a good sign in an area like this. I didn't have anything on me to barter, meaning that if I wanted to eat, then I probably needed to get some work done, but that would be after I left this area.

After walking into the center of the village, I find the hell, and a grin comes to my lips as I thank my luck. Moving to the well, I lower my tan duffle to the ground and pull free an empty bottle that I used to store water in. It sit it on the well and prepare to reach for the well bucket when I look off into the distance and notice two young boys, probably 6 years or so younger than myself, palling about with wooden swords on their waist. At the moment I was solo, but I did remember a time when I was much like one of those two there. For a moment, I find my mind thinking back to earlier times.

Timeline: Current | Persona: Jyn'Rai | EXP: 408

Last edited by aѕceпxion on Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

PostSubject: Re: Remember That Time? *   Remember That Time? * EmptyTue May 17, 2011 10:01 pm

~ Start Flashback ~
Currently, I was twelve years old and by this time, five years had passed since I made the decision to live on my own. Life had never been easy after the event had occurred which would set the course of my life, but I managed to survive this long with an odd mixture of luck and skill. At the moment, I found myself living the forgotten prophecy that "some times you eat the bear and sometimes the bear eats you." My current retreat had been a tactical decision, when, after striking the beast from behind in an ambush with the claw-blade (katana) the large beast that I had been hunting, looked at me, roared angrily and stood on its hind legs, even going so far as to take a swipe at me. I had been hoping it would do the opposite, which included crying out weakly and falling to the ground, but it would seem that I had merely pissed the beast off. All this and I could have sworn, I aimed for a vital spot. Of course, I wasn't 'that good' with a blade yet, all things considered; that would have to be something that I would have to continually work on as I continued to hunt, granted I lived that long. I wasn't actually running because I didn't want to die, rather I was running because I hated pain that much. Death was fine, it was just the pain in the ass of getting there that had kept me alive all this time. Thus, I was a-running.

The forest floor moved quickly below me as I felt the presence of the large furry quadruped, tearing a path in pursuit. Having broke out at a swift pace, I was aiming for the tree line, though I didn't know how a clearing would help me. I figured maybe I could zig zag or something that could possibly slow the beast behind me. I also rationalized that eventually he would get tired; he didn't have as much to loose out of this transaction as I did. After running several paces, I cleared the tree line and broke out into a meadow of high grasses.

Timeline: 14 A.D | Persona: Battousai | EXP: 386 / 794
Back to top Go down
Kazatul
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
Kazatul

Rep! : 19

PostSubject: Re: Remember That Time? *   Remember That Time? * EmptyWed May 18, 2011 2:33 am

I had already finished my hunting for some food to eat when I decide to go out into the fields for a little bit to work on one of my new abilities. Master told me that it would come in handy if I could strike out at multiple targets with each strike but before I went and tried to do that, I would first try and grow stronger with the Void. I wanted to fully understand the Void and its mysteries. So much power flowed thru it and was devoured by it. I wanted to learn how to annihilate enemies the way that the Master had done but he won't let me fully embrace the arts so that I could devote myself to such practice. SO instead, I am forced to come out here and try to train myself. It also doesn't help that it is harder for me to harness energy out here away from the chaos of a village setting. It is something about that noise and the energy there that I can draw upon the void in greater skill. Still, the Master is correct in what he said earlier. Being a freelance adventurer and operative will frequently take me out of the cities and larger villages to more rural areas, so I need to understand how to harness energy in nature. SO here I am...

Standing at the edge of this clearing (far end away from where you're coming from), I am trying to feel for the presence of the Void, which sounds silly, but when the Master is near I am able to feel what he feels. I close my eyes and focus on my breathing as energy starts to move around me. I spread my arms out but I don't quite feel what I think I should. I hear loud movement coming towards me, but figure that it probably one of the bigger animals fleeing from a hunter. I didn't want to get in the way, so I remain here. I take aim on a tree that is nearby and chant, "Rip the Veil!" Spatial energy wraps around my hand before some of it disappears and an average-sized cut appears in the tree. "Deepen the cut." I continue to target the tree with Minor Rip while trying to create a stronger spatial distortion in or around the tree.

Hmm... why does it sound like the hunt is moving towards me instead of away from me? Damnit! I need to focus on this!

EXP: 427

Setting: 14 A.D.
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

PostSubject: Re: Remember That Time? *   Remember That Time? * EmptyWed May 18, 2011 5:48 pm

It was to my dismay, but mostly annoyance, that the creature hadn't given up on eating me yet. I wondered if I really looked that delicious; still I also knew the thing could probably hold a grudge from me stabbing him and all, but it wasn't like he had died. If that was the case, then I would either be salting his body or making a fire right now. My mind shifted to think of how great it would be to not be running right now, but rather to be feasting on the stout furry creature that was rumbling the grounds behind me.

While running, I hear a sharp sound. Unknown to me, this sound was made from a hybrid performing and practicing void techniques on a tree; what this meant to me was that there was someone else nearby. I knew this cruel world to be kill or be killed, so whoever else that was in the area should know that as well. It couldn't be held against me that I lured an enraged creature to an unknowing victim in hopes that it would forget about me and feast on him. So with that thought process in mind, I shift the direction of my run in order to lead the enraged creature in the direction of the unknowing victim in hopes that it would forget about me and feast on him.

The sound of my approach would no doubt get louder as I would already be running at a full pace towards the area of focus. Knowing that I could also be attacked if the person I was running to was either hostile or paranoid, I had a contingency plan in mind if danger was present. Coming out of the tall grasses and into the clearing at the far edge of the meadow, I would be visually present, flowing white garments, oni horns, sword and all in my Battousai form, as I attempted to rush past the other hybrid's position without stopping. Behind me rumbled on the unhappy pursuer.

Timeline: 14 A.D | Persona: Battousai | EXP: 357/1151 EXP
Back to top Go down
Kazatul
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
Kazatul

PostSubject: Re: Remember That Time? *   Remember That Time? * EmptyWed May 18, 2011 7:06 pm

Each time, I practiced the technique, the chant seemed to progress as if I was reciting a set of instructions tot he Void. While it might seem silly to an onlooker, it was my way and feeling connected to the Void even out here in nature. That and come on, I'm like 12 years old and my Master is a kind hearted yet cold blooded killer operative guy that has us moving around ALL the time taking jobs with different sects of the The Guild. So continue I do until finally, I actually feel the ground tremble a bit. Not enough to think that that goddess of the land is uncomfortable and moving to adjust herself, but that something big was... oh my. That demon is going to be eaten if he doesn't hurry up. Great... as if I didn't have enough distractions. At least he's not screaming irrationally or anything. I have almost cut thru the tree. Just a little bit more. I actually ignore his plight and return to my training. Master always tells me to focus on my training and tune out distractions so that I can be better prepared for missions and battle should I choose to take the soldier's path in life as battle is filled with chaos and distractions, so I needed to be able to focus my mind on whatever battle I am in and only the battle! To that end, I continue attacking the tree. I charge up my energy for twice as long before I "simul-cast" Minor Rip creating the first orb in my left hand then "pushing" it at the tree before creating the second orb in my right right and throwing it at the relatively same spot on the tree. I grin as I watch them connect. I'm getting stronger with this orb creating condensed distortions thing. The tree begins to waver and I harness more energy to my position preparing for my next attempt at finally defeating my target that stands before me. I will topple you, tree!

EXP: 365/792
Flashback: 14 A.D.
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

PostSubject: Re: Remember That Time? *   Remember That Time? * EmptyWed May 18, 2011 7:33 pm

Luckily in my case the person that I was in the process of passing seemed oblivious to my approach, that helped me get passed him within him noticing me, or so I thought by his lack of reaction. As it would turn out in my passing, I would end up passing behind him in a parallel manner. Though I wouldn’t make any sound, the creature behind me would make sounds similar to a very large woman in heat while getting rammed into from the rear with her ass receiving healthy smacks here and there. In my passing, I had just enough time to notice that the other person that would be the victim in this case, was intensely concentrating on a tree before I continued in my fleeing towards high grass that was on the other side of the clearing. Since it was about twenty or so yards off, I had a good amount of time to go. Unfortunately for me, the thing chasing me had no interest in the unobservant acolyte and would only serve to ‘bump’ him out of the way in a ‘bitch move’ type manner while continuing his chase of me. It was around this time that I cursed my unlucky charms for making me so magically delicious.

Timeline: 14 A.D | Persona: Battousai | EXP: 232 / 1383
Back to top Go down
Kazatul
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
Kazatul

PostSubject: Re: Remember That Time? *   Remember That Time? * EmptyWed May 18, 2011 8:04 pm

"Sever the earth!" I chant once more as the orb formed in front of my flies at the tree. I'm not sure how, but this one seems to strike with great force causing me to look down at my hands in mild confusion. How did I...? I take a step forward to move out of the path of the demon and his pursuer. After all, it was not my affair. Suddenly, I hear a loud crack from the tree. I grin mischievously. I take some jerky from my pouch and look at the tree before dropping it. I begin to harness more energy to my body as I expect either the demon or beast to head for the jerky. I'm told they can't resist good jerky. As I am charging my energy, I start to realize one distressing fact. I'm having trouble controlling the spatial energies flowing around me. The energy seems to hold me in place while the tree is starting to give way. This is not good. Not frickin good at all. "Breathe, focus, channel, release." I repeat this little mantra a couple of times trying to regain control over the Void energies so that I can be all bad azz and attack the beats and kill him to save the demon... wait... why would I save a demon. While not ALL of them are bad guys, most of them are, so I should probably let the beast eat him. Heck, the beast is probably trying to eat him because I did a bad thing! Yep. Let him get eaten. The Void energies around me start to "vibrate" and I change my mind instantly. "Ok ok, don't let him get eaten. Hey you, demon, come over here!" Now it might look bad that I am telling him this while the tree is preparing to fall down, but I was really rationalizing all of this at the moment. I just didn't want to be swallowed up by the Void.

EXP: 337/1129
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

PostSubject: Re: Remember That Time? *   Remember That Time? * EmptyWed May 18, 2011 8:25 pm

Around this time, I started to feel myself get a little bit tired. I wondered how something so large could move as long and fast as he did. Still, when I passed the other guy, I saw him use some type of attack against a tree. I wondered if he were strong enough to ignore the obvious danger that was around him. I assumed he would have to in order to survive this long. Someone out in the wilderness with no perception of what was around him was a dangerous way to live life. With the assurance that the the other guy might actually be good in battle, I decided that I would attempt to employ his head. The worst thing that could happen would be that I would have two things chasing me. I started to slow down just a bit, but the bear creature continued to rush from behind. Suddenly, I plant my foot and immediately roll under an incoming slash. Unprepared for the sudden inversion of direction it continues and almost rolls before catching itself and turning around pulling up chunks of the ground as he came back across. Running back towards the other male, I call out, "oy" in an effort to get his attention. If he could be useful that would make things much easier on me. Moments later, I would be passing back past him unless he did something impressive.

Timeline: 14 A.D | Persona: Battousai | EXP: 255 / 1638
Back to top Go down
Kazatul
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
Kazatul

PostSubject: Re: Remember That Time? *   Remember That Time? * EmptyWed May 18, 2011 8:51 pm

Hey, it worked! He stopped pretty quickly for the jerky. As he comes back, the pending dread of the the damn tree still falling towards my body does begin to give worry. My heart starts beating and pumping faster and my adrenal glands begin to pulse as well as the secretion is released into my bloodstream. My mind focuses as best as it can. As the demon approaches, I notice him rushing straight towards me which causes alarm at first before I notice that he is far more worried about the beast catching him than little ol me. As he would pass me again this time, my arm, or rather the Void energies around my arm, swings out to grab him. "Move!!" {Unlock New Ability: Warp} Why did I just do that? Before I can complete the thought, the tree would be passing thru the area where our bodies, unless he pulled away, were once standing. We would appear roughly 25 feet away from where we were. I look around and notice the tree right in front of us. I look over at the horned figure and inquire, "Umm... did you do that or did I?" I honestly didn't know who was responsible. I had never even learned how to enter the Void without the Master or how to harness enough energy to perform the feat. To top it off, I had no idea why I reached out and grabbed him. Why did my instincts cause me to do such? I didn't know this man or demon or demon man, but my instincts told me to help him. My thoughts weren't even concerned with the outcome of the beast at the moment. I honestly just wanted to try and access the Void again!

EXP: 302/1432

Declared Affinity: Magic III - Void
Unlock New Ability: Void - Warp (S2) - pending approval (-750)
Train to Honed (-1687)
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

PostSubject: Re: Remember That Time? *   Remember That Time? * EmptyWed May 18, 2011 9:47 pm

In my attempting to pass him, I find myself grabbed and then there is an odd feeling as I feel my body transported from one place to another. In the wake of our vanishing act, it would seem that the well aimed tree had fallen over and onto the creature that had been chasing me. My mind works quickly to realize that I had suddenly been displaced from one place to another, still the distance that was traverse was very greater than a simple quick tug could have produced. To answer his question, I say, "me" in a short manner from behind my lower face mask while walking back towards the bear. If he didn't know, then it had to be me; if not, who cared. By now I could see that it had been pinned by the tree that was laying across its back. The bear was helpless to move and was maimed; he was also secured as my dinner. The words of a past figure recount to me in my head stating, 'you either kill, or be killed.' Standing above the bear, I would flip my sword in front of me and catch it by its hilt with the blade pointing down. With one swift thrust, I stab through the creatures head and pin it to the ground before releasing my blade and crouching with my arms on my knees. I needed to move this tree off... it was a shame that I couldn't just set it on fire along with the bear to cook it. Standing up, I turn and look to the other person who I now realized was a kid around my age. For a moment I glare at him with dull eyes before asking, "what are you doing out here alone?"

Timeline: 14 A.D | Persona: Battousai | EXP: 300 / 1938
Back to top Go down
Kazatul
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
Kazatul

PostSubject: Re: Remember That Time? *   Remember That Time? * EmptyWed May 18, 2011 10:16 pm

Oooh. So he was able to manipulate the Void as well. That was impressive! He walks over towards the tree & dproceeds to finish off the bear. Hmm... so he is merciful to put the bear out of its misery. Interesting. I a learning quite a bit about this one. "So what else can u do to manipulate the Void?" I pausemy excitement for a moment to answer his question. I point to where the small furry critters that I had collected for our meal were dropped so that I could train. Only one problem in their current placement... they were now under the tree. "Oh that's not good. I was out here collecting food for Master and his guest but they are for sure ruined. Ooh! I know! We can split the bear. Oh and since u can manipulate the Void, u should meet the Master too!" That tree is in the way. Well I uppose it's time to handle that! I begin charging up my energies to blast away at the tree, provided that he didn't just move it first.

EXP: 187/1619

Train to Honed (-1687)

Last edited by Kazatul on Thu May 19, 2011 12:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

PostSubject: Re: Remember That Time? *   Remember That Time? * EmptyWed May 18, 2011 11:54 pm

Almost the complete opposite of me, the other pre teen seemed pretty sociable. This presented an issue for my current persona. Running conversations and meeting people wasn’t really my forte. To answer his question about what I could do with the void, I cryptically answer, “secret.” I didn’t really know what he meant about the void, but I assumed it was the power he was using against the tree earlier since he mentioned ‘as well.’ It would probably be something to look into since it looked like it could help in the process of attempt to defeat a large animal much like I had been doing. Still, the other was talking about meeting a master and sharing the food. I figured I was in a safe enough environment that I could take a momentary nap; people like him were bothersome to me as I was allergic to cheer. Still, I didn’t know how ‘he’ would deal with it, but that wasn’t my problem. Standing up, I take the sword back into my right hand and flick the blood from it to the side. I then slide it behind my back into the sheath that was fit diagonally behind me.

After that, I look back to the male and my dull eyes shift as watery life is brought back to them and my features soften and then they close almost as if a fox squint to hide them from the world. Reaching up, I pull the oni horns from off of my head and then pull the mask from over the bottom of my face. In my first gaze to this other boy, I looked at him much like he was a stranger. I turned around and looked at the bear, which was gross, but I knew I would have to eat it if I wanted to survive. I would have preferred my other self to have handled the icky part, but I set my resolve to take care of it. With the mask and horns in my hand I go to put it away, but then turn around in all directions as if looking for something that should have been on me. “Oh no…” I murmur with a small amount of concern, “where’s my bag?...” I look up at the other boy, “you wouldn’t have seen a bag would you?...” After half talking and half thinking, I murmur, “oh no… I must have left it back in the forest against that tree…” I couldn’t go and see any masters without my bag!

Timeline: 14 A.D | Persona: Battousai > Jin | EXP: 442 / 2380

Last edited by aѕceпxion on Thu May 19, 2011 10:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kazatul
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
Kazatul

PostSubject: Re: Remember That Time? *   Remember That Time? * EmptyThu May 19, 2011 11:27 am

Secret? What does he mean secret? I look at him quizzically before concluding, "So you are limited. That's ok." The Master could probably help him too. Wait, what if he's a better apprentice than me?! Nonsense. I've been following the Master for years now. Plus, we're supposed to be heading back to one of the hangouts soon so he'll probably find a Master there. Aster had mentioned that there was a big mission that he would be undertaking & that I could go if I stayed out of trouble and followed orders.

I see the boy start to remove his armaments and change a bit. I shrug and create a Minor Rip orb in my hand. I hold it carefully as I move it across the section of the tree that is currently on the beast's back. My attempt is to carve thru enough that we can move the tree pieces off and get to the meat. I already know two young boys younger than 15 can't move this tree by ourselves, so we'll simply remove sections. Before we can really get to work, the boy, whom I originally thought was a small demon, starts going on about some bag and asking me if I had seen it. I look around the immediate area scanning for something that could resemble a bag before I finally shake my head, "Nope, but I see food here. How about we work on cutting up the food here, since we're already here and all, then I'll help you find your bag." I nod to him and to myself at the sound of my very good plan.

EXP: 280/1899

Train to Honed (-1687)
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

PostSubject: Re: Remember That Time? *   Remember That Time? * EmptyThu May 19, 2011 5:13 pm

Jin’s closed gaze is on the other with his answer and he frowns in an unhappy manner. That simply wouldn’t do; he needed to have his bag as the first priority. It was among those things that couldn’t be lost, or else he would lose a piece of himself, needless to say it was very important. There were two things to do and two of them there. Looking to the bear, the white haired judged that it would take the other a while to move the large tree from the back of the bear, or to separate the bear in pieces. Jin hoped, or rather judged that he should be able to go back, retrieve his bag and then return back to this location in time to help with the task of gathering the food, since he had a good idea of where his bag could be. “Um…” he says in a low tone, “I think I know where my bag is, so I’ll just run and get it. I’ll be right back to help you with the food…” With that, he doesn’t say much, but begins to run off towards the tall grasses to follow the way in which he had come unless stopped.

Timeline: 14 A.D | Persona: Jin | EXP: 202 / 2582

Last edited by aѕceпxion on Thu May 19, 2011 10:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kazatul
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
Kazatul

PostSubject: Re: Remember That Time? *   Remember That Time? * EmptyThu May 19, 2011 8:59 pm

The other boy would not be stopped because I was not aware that he was gone. I was so focused on holding the energy together as I sway back and forth trying to carve away at the tree that, that I just nod when he speaks. After he had run off is when I would look up having cut thru a respectable section, but still not really enough. Blinking a couple of times, I start drawing in a large amount of energy to myself before I reach into the Void as I go to carve away more of the tree. Instead of just carving away at the tree, my hands go "into" the tree. I pull back on the tree yanking and yanking with all my 12 year old might before I fall backwards on my rump hitting the ground. The tree is... gone? I get to my feet and look around for a moment before being knocked forward over the bear's carcass and rolling along the ground. There is a LOUD thud behind me around the time that my footing is unsettled and I am flung forward. "As if I didn't have enough problems to deal with! I can make myself and other stuff disappear and reappear." Uh oh... did I somehow steal his power from him when I grabbed him? On one hand that's kinda cool. On the other hand, that is going to get me into A LOT of trouble if I don't figure out how to control that. I look around and nod my head wwith determination. I start walking around to retrieve vines or anything that can serve as strings or rope. I would cover up my hands so I can't steal any more powers!

XP: 293/2192

Unlock New Ability: Void - Portal (-750)
Train to Honed (-2249)

Last edited by Kazatul on Fri May 20, 2011 2:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

PostSubject: Re: Remember That Time? *   Remember That Time? * EmptyThu May 19, 2011 10:05 pm

Unhindered, the young man known as Jin makes his way into the tall grasses of the grasslands. He finds out, as he is running back towards the treeline which he had exited, that he had run a long way to get where he was. Overall, Jin’s body was weaker than the counter part that was in control just a while ago, which added to the distress of his situation. Eventually the boy found his way back to the tree land and begins to move into the area of the forest where he had originally been hunting. He looks around cautiously, knowing that he had to move quietly and not draw attention to himself. Though Battousai was skilled at hunting, Jin wasn’t so much, and the forest was a dangerous place for those who weren’t aware of what lurked within it. After carefully making his way in back tracking, he is able to exhale a sigh of relief as his gaze comes to fall upon his bag as it sat against the trunk of a prominent tree. “I found out,” he says in a tone of discovery as he makes his way towards it and takes hold of his bag. He pulls the bag over his shoulder with a light grunt and then looks back the way he had come; now all he had to do was get out of the forest safely and back to the slain dinner that was awaiting him in the meadow clearing.

Timeline: 14 A.D | Persona: Jin | EXP: 252 / 2834
Back to top Go down
Kazatul
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
Kazatul

PostSubject: Re: Remember That Time? *   Remember That Time? * EmptyFri May 20, 2011 8:45 pm

I gather up vines and such before realizing that I don't have anything to actually cover them with. Master will be displeased if I rip my garbs to wrap my hands, so instead i will simply need to be careful not to touch anyone while I'm harnessing void energy. Yeah that should do the trick. Instead of hiding from my more chaotic powers, I should strive to control them and in doing so make both them and myself that much stronger! yes, that is one of the lessons that the Master taught me. Refocused, I look at the tree again with heavy confusion. How did I do that? I ponder this for a while before I create another condensed orb of the Void's energies into my hands. I use it along the bear's back to try and "cut" him open. Ya know... this would be a lot easier with his sword... tho I'll probably just suggest for him to chop up the meat. Heck, it could even give him a chance to practice his swordsmanship! See... that's the sort of thinking that Master teaches! If you are going to suggest something to someone, make sure that it is proposed in a manner that they will find beneficial. I try to use the orb to "skin" the bear so that it's fur would fall to both side of it sort of like a picnic blanket filled with food. This would allow a "cleaner" place to place the food so that he could cut it up. By this point, there is probably blood all over the front of me right now.

EXP: 280/2472

Unlock New Ability: Void - Portal (-1000) - Complete
Train: Void - Portal (-562) - Complete
Hone: Void - Portal (-1687) - IP
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

PostSubject: Re: Remember That Time? *   Remember That Time? * EmptyFri May 20, 2011 10:45 pm

Jin hurries back from his position within the forest and makes his way back to the tree clearing which he clears in his haste to head back to the site where he had come across the other boy. The purpose for him going back was mainly just because his kill was there and he had said that he would be back shortly; aside from that, he didn't know what to think about the other child. Trusting people wasn't something to be taken lightly, so he knew that he had to be careful. It was hard to judge people, but in his mind, he wondered if the kid he passed was actually worst off than himself. It was understandable for him to have a sense of security with his master around, but there was no telling what type of man this master would be. Jin did, however, think of the fact that the other kid was using magic and if his master used magic as well he might know of The Man with the Omega Symbol on his Hand. Yes, much like with The Leviathan in forgotten times, you had to say the entire thing.

After running through the tall grasses, Jin eventually comes into the clearing with the other boy. His body slows to a walk as he comes into the same area with his as his breathing was hard from the running. Both hands clung to a bag that he had been carrying all the way here, which was the bag of importance. Most of his life's savings were in there, but unlike anything of monetary value, they were mostly personal belonging and important things to remind him of the home he once had.

Reaching the other boy, he states plainly, "I'm back." He turns to look at the progress that's been done so far so that he could see what he had to do in order to help out.

Timeline: 14 A.D | Persona: Jin | EXP: 333 / 3167
Back to top Go down
Kazatul
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
Kazatul

PostSubject: Re: Remember That Time? *   Remember That Time? * EmptyFri May 20, 2011 11:37 pm

Looking up at the other boy, I decide to be cordial and introduce myself, "I'm Boy. What's your name?" I didn't think anything about the fact that I was covered in blood and probably a bear flesh fragment on my person or in my hair because I was hard at work to make my bear blanket. I speak to him without looking up, "Ok, so I'm trying to open up its back so that we can lay the meat chunks on the inside of his fur to keep them clean... well cleaner than the ground I figure." I continue working before I smile at the accomplishment of getting one side cleanly open and I start to pull it back. This time around I am sure to avoid drawing the energies of the Void to me. Grunting while I work I am pleased with my accomplishment and ask him if he wants to start cutting up the meat so we can carry it back easier or if he wants to help "drop the other flap". I didn't mind either way. If he wanted to drop the other flap, then I would start tearing out chunks of meat with my bare hands... well until I realize that there is an easier way to do this. I would walk over to the bear's paw and tell the bear that I would need to borrow it. I would release the orb that I had been using kind of like a cutting blade to blast off the paw. The dripping blood is squeezed to flow out faster before I return to my side. I look at the other boy to see how his progress is coming along.

EXP: 279/1189

Unlock New Ability: Void - Portal (1000) - Complete
Train: Void - Portal (562) - Complete
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

PostSubject: Re: Remember That Time? *   Remember That Time? * EmptySat May 21, 2011 12:42 am

Among his first observations, Jin noticed that the boy was covered in blood. That much was at least a minor cause for alarm, since no one sane generally walked around dripping with blood. It caused one to question just what happened while he was gone. The sight he’s greeted with clashes with the imagery that goes with it. When he introduces himself as Boy Jin’s head tilts over to the side; his closed gaze remaining on Boy. He answer in a flat tone, “Jin.” The boy seemed busy in his work, in which case, Jin sets his bag on the ground and walks around to the side to look at what he was doing. To the explanation given on what was being done, Jin offers, “it might be easier with my sword…” But his small voice would be in the background of the plucky youth as Boy seemed content with his thought that he knew what he was doing. After Jin got the gist that Boy wanted to chop up the bear in smaller parts, he shrugs and pulls his sword from behind his back. Of course, Jin figured it would be easier to cut the bear in two where the trunk was. After being cut, they could pull the bear’s torso from its body and roll the trunk off and onto the ground. Then they would only have two pieces to drag to whenever their destination was. But since the boy wanted to do it a certain way, Jin decided that he would do things his way. In the process of completing the boy’s objective, Jyn hears an internal ‘fuck that’ and his eyes glaze over, opening and colored red like before. The sword that had been held awkwardly in his hand is now gripped with purpose as he walks to the side of the bear and takes his sword in both hands. With a swift “hmph” he slashes down, cutting across the bear very close to where the tree had landed. Without further words, he would look at the young boy with the paw in his hand and then look back down to the bear, grabbing it by the head and pulling it forwards. As he did this, the log sunk into the middle causing there to be two pieces; a part of bear on either side of the log. Without looking to him, Jin speaks in a flat tone, “it will be easier to keep up with the meat in larger chunks…”

Timeline: 14 A.D | Persona: Jin | EXP: 429 / 3596
Back to top Go down
Kazatul
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
Kazatul

PostSubject: Re: Remember That Time? *   Remember That Time? * EmptySun May 22, 2011 5:31 pm

Apparently this one was more skilled at meat carving as he provides a more efficient way to carve the bear. The two boys would intermingle their ideas on how to carve up the beast in order to transport it back to town easily. Trying to carry an entire bear as is would be far too difficult as bears are really heavy. I would explain that part to him so that he could instruct on how we could best accomplish our goal and not waste meat. I figure that if we are fortunate then we will have extra meat that we can trade in to say the inn keeper in order to cover Jin's stay.

Once the two of us are on the same page, it would not be long before the bear was carved up properly. With the deed done, it was time to return as it would be getting dark soon. I would actually use the cleaner portions of the bear's fur to wipe my face off. It wouldn't completely do the trick, but I'd be more presentable until I could get to a bath or a well... just somewhere where I could rinse off. "So do you want to come meet Master? He can probably help you with your Void powers too! He's taught me some things." I pause for a moment looking at the meat and the bear carcass. I rub my chin in thought and analysis. "So how should we go about getting the meat back to the village?" I figure that the skin and fur could be turned into a sort of sled for us to try and lift and carry it. That would be one form of strength and endurance training.

EXP: 288/1477 | Flashback: 14 A.D.

Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

PostSubject: Re: Remember That Time? *   Remember That Time? * EmptySun May 22, 2011 11:07 pm

After the meat was attended to, Battousai reverted to Jin and once again the boys were left to their own devices about how to get things back. When the question comes, Jin simply gives a nod, since it seemed if he went with the boy then he could at least have help moving the bear, cooking it and hopefully having a place to sleep for the night. When the question came about how to move the beat meat, Jin look at it and point out, “the skin and the fur can be turned into a sort of sled for us to try and lift and carry it;” that way it could be a form of endurance training as well, or something like that (all original concepts). With that, Jin would start out attempting to get thing ready to pull towards whatever direction the boy would lead. Since it was getting late, Jin didn’t really want to loiter around this area too long. And as such the scene is fast forwarded through the pulling of the bear to the approach of the area where the master would be. During this time, Jin would be dependent on the direction of Boy since they were coming to a place where he had never been before, or at least didn’t think that he had.

Timeline: 14 A.D | Persona: Jin | EXP: 228 / 3824
Back to top Go down
Kazatul
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
Kazatul

PostSubject: Re: Remember That Time? *   Remember That Time? * EmptyMon May 23, 2011 12:35 pm

The trek back to the inn of the village that is a little under a half mile to the east of the clearing. By the time they got back, I would be elated to find the steps of the inn. A man approaches wanting some of the meat we had brought back and I believe he actually thought to take it. That thought would flee faster than he did when a hand fell upon his right shouler from nowhere. It indeed was in his best interest to do so. My prolonged absence would not please the Master. This is affirmed by the look on his face when he walks over to us. He speaks first, "Since you decided to take so long gathering our food, we will begin your training before dawn tomorrow." That was a vague answer to say the least. I decide to hold off on telling him that I had been able to move thru the Void today. Perhaps, I could use that tomorrow to get released from training early to do something fun. Now seemed as bad a time as any to introduce my new companion, "Master, this is Jin. He helped me to get this food. Or perhaps, I helped him. I was hoping..." Master places his hand over the bear sled and it vanishes. "Come along, Boy. You too, Jin. You must be hungry. I'll have the Inn Keeper prepare dinner & some jerky for the road. We travel to Medius day after tomorrow. You can decide then if u want to travel with us. It will be work & u have to earn ur keep just like Boy but I won't let u starve and I'll help you learn to survive so long as ur useful." I smile at Jin since he would get to stay now. Well if he wanted to. That was Master's big thing. You only stay with him of ur own accord.

EXP: 319/109 | Flashback: 14 A.D.

Hone: Void - Portal (1687) - Complete

Last edited by Kazatul on Tue May 24, 2011 2:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

PostSubject: Re: Remember That Time? *   Remember That Time? * EmptyMon May 23, 2011 10:50 pm

On arrival to their destination, Jin gets his first glimpses of the one that the Boy referred to as master, or whom he thought that person was. It is soon clarified that this was actually the Boy's master when the boy speaks aloud and refers to him as such. Overall, the entrance of this figurehead was a bit abrupt and while wonder what type of person this master was, Jin finds himself introduced by the plucky male. Jin would use this as a measuring stick for a normal interaction between the Master and Boy since the Boy seemed casual during what seemed to be a chastisement. During the introduction, Jin keeps his attention on the movements of the master and finds himself a bit surprised when all of the meat that they had come to collect suddenly vanish. This would put him a bit on guard for a moment as he attempted to roll over in his head how such a large mass of meat could disappear so quickly. Since this was a bit unsettling Jin reacted with a layer of surprise before he remembers back to their battle and remembers how his own body was displayed; since the Boy was able to do it, it made sense that the master would as well. The act is followed by the explanation that food would be completed soon by this Inn Keeper and no one else seems to find the occurrence out of the ordinary. Jin seemingly had something to think about in the offer rendered to him. Not really talking a lot, Jin simply nods with an affirmation while internalizing much of what he needed to do to think about things on his own without outwardly speaking his mind.

Timeline: 14 A.D | Persona: Jin | EXP: 313 / 4137
Back to top Go down
Kazatul
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
Kazatul

PostSubject: Re: Remember That Time? *   Remember That Time? * EmptyTue May 24, 2011 3:17 am

I didn't like being scolded especially not in front of my first new friend who wasn't a sparring partner. As I look at Jin, he seems to be thinking about something. I wanted to talk to him, but I didn't want to disturb his thoughts so I remain silent as we head inside. We return to the room and I take mine and Master's shoes and signal for Jin to remove his shoes/boots as well before we walk inside. Once he had his shoes/boots in hand as well, I would show him where we place our shoes. I would do this because if he indeed stayed, he would learn that certain items are always placed in the same relative position in a room that we are staying in. This is in case of an attack, we instinctively from muscle memory and repetition know where the crucial items are located whether there is light or not. This "training" greatly came in handy during one of our stays in the Desert Lands. Blasted bandits! Ruined my new shirt that Master had gotten me with their blood!

Once the shoes are placed to the left of the door if you're entering and right if you're exiting, I'd tell him why we do that. "Master taught me that we do this because most people are right handed, so it takes longer for their blades to reach their left side. Also in some regions, swordsmen wear the right handed blades on their left side, so it takes even longer for them to draw and attack to their left. Thus if we are trying to escape, we instantly have the advantage in evading attacks." After this is complete, I would ask Master and his lady friend if they wanted tea or wine. Master tells me that I am not getting out of my training session. I grumble as I head to the other room.

EXP: 335/444 | Flashback: 14 A.D. | Age: 12

Hone: Void - Portal (1687) - Complete
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

PostSubject: Re: Remember That Time? *   Remember That Time? * EmptyTue May 24, 2011 6:01 pm

Following the flow of things to happen, Jin simply follows Boy as they head inside. With the signal to remove shoes, Jin looks down at his feet and then back up at Boy. Battousai tells Jin, internally, to just take them off for now, and in following his suggestion, the Nike Air Force Ones (or equivalent) are removed and held. Continuing to follow his guide, Jin places the shoes up for now contemplating the odd customs of Boy and this people. The explanation is taken at face value, not really getting what he meant by the vague explanation. Jin knew that it was something about left and right with blades. Either way, he felt that if escaping in a hurry was an issue, it would be best to have your shoes on at all gives and your blades on your body. Though he removed his shoes, Jin would stick to his guns about keeping his claw-blade on his personage. In arriving to and looking over the Master and their lady friend, Jin began to wonder if Boy was a slave of sorts. That would have to be cleared up in the whole ‘should I stay here or not’ process. Never having held a student to master relationship, this type of interaction would be completely foreign to Jin. There is grumbling and movement to another room, but Jin is at a lost to how the promised food was to be served. Feelings of unease and anxiousness begin to rise up in Jin as he looks around the area and then looks defensively at the Master and his lady. He begins to think about simply escaping and continuing life as he often did; something here didn’t feel right with him and if Boy was being worked against his will, then Jin figured that he might want to save himself as well.

Timeline: 14 A.D | Persona: Jin | EXP: 333 / 4470
Back to top Go down
Kazatul
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
Kazatul

PostSubject: Re: Remember That Time? *   Remember That Time? * EmptyWed May 25, 2011 2:46 am

"Training training training! I swear that's all I do! I want to have some fun, you evil fiend!! And yes, I know you can hear me! I should beat you up for all you put me thru! Go get this, Boy! Go get that, Boy! Come here. Go there! Bah! You're too quiet. Why don't you ever say anything? Also, what were you thinking pissing off a bear anyway? Then instead of running away from someone who has nothing to do with your problems, you bring them directly at me! I should have let him eat you instead of saving you." But the uncontrolled teleportation of several items about the room, I had figured out that it was in fact me how had moved us. I was beginning to question whether or not I actually wanted this boy to be my friend.

My temper was a fiery thing and the Master would simply ignore me until the food had been prepared. My storming about would see items on one side of the room displaced and flung across the room in what can only be described as a tantrum. The problem for me is that I could not calm myself down and as such, my control over the Void is completely out of whack! The Master could feel the chaotic flux in spatial energies coming from my room. I try my hardest to focus on calming down as I feel everything too quickly around me. This would be the first time that I would ever feel the pain of a sigil awakening. I clutch at the back of my left shoulder blade as I fight against the pain. It feels like something is trying to burst out. I'm pretty sure in my current state, I could certainly blame this on Jin or the Master.

EXP: 314/3007 | Flashback: 14 A.D. | Age: 12

Unlock New Ability: Void - Portal (Stage 3) (1000) - Complete
Train: Void - Portal (???)

Last edited by Kazatul on Wed May 25, 2011 10:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

PostSubject: Re: Remember That Time? *   Remember That Time? * EmptyWed May 25, 2011 3:47 pm

The sounds of displeasure were audible from the Boy as he rants from beyond. Jin would still be in the room with the master, warily looking at the elder, at least according by age to them, to make sure he didn’t try anything like eat him or force him into this life of servitude, but since the master seemed to ignore the Boy, Jin figured that he would do the same as well. Jin did note when something occurs within the tantrum and the boy seemed to start spazzing out. Jin would be confused while Battousai would internally be raising an eyebrow at this behavior. It would seem that the two were opposites when it came to emotional outbursts like this. Aside from the freaking out that was going on, Jin was still curious if the new custom was that he had to physically catch his food in order to eat it. According to the master, this seemed like a perfectly normal occurrence, so Jin could only assume that this was a part of their customs as well. Of course, this further confused him and didn’t help his current flighty feelings. Still seeing that Boy was in pain and clutching his shoulder, Battousai assured Jin that he had a solution to help ease his pain. Jin frowns and shakes his head on as Battousai assure he would only put him to sleep temporarily. Of course, this would be Battousai’s cynical teasing, since in their current situation they were outnumbered and had to proceed cautiously.

Timeline: 14 A.D | Persona: Jin | EXP: 286 / 4756
Back to top Go down
Kazatul
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
Kazatul

PostSubject: Re: Remember That Time? *   Remember That Time? * EmptyWed May 25, 2011 11:23 pm

The pain grows immensely and it becomes clearly visible upon my face. My pupils turn deep red and if either of them were close enough they would have seen the chaotic swirls of energy and dormant magic trying to awaken within me. I have no idea what this is but it hurts. As the storm of chaos grows more visible in my eyes, my body begins to lift off of the ground and into the portal that forms before me. Inside my head, I could hear this music (Dirty Money - Coming Home (Dirty South remix)) calling me into the Void. The music is so soothing. The pain fades away as I step into the Void. This portal is like a gate being opened for me.

The portal takes me to another place. Everyone and everything is gone. In this place, I am completely aware of my surroundings and I am ale to create entire buildings with my thoughts. People begin to appear in this new village or compound. They bow to me and refer to me by a title or something, but I can't make out what the're saying. I don't letit bother me. A soldier approaches and thanks me for rebuilding his house for him along with his belongings after the storm. I nod to him. Another soldier congratulates me for another successful mission and for capturing the enemy commander. He salutes me and I nod to him as well. A petite girl with her hair in a ponytail appears next to me and says, "Our Lord is looking for you..." She says that name or title again but I still can't hear what she calls me. We both vanish from our current location and appear kneeling about 10 paces before a throne of sorts. Our heads are bowed out of respect and I speak, [ou summoned me, my lord?" The voice on the throne tells me to rise. As I lift my head to look at my lord...

I feel my body pulled away from this place of happiness and peace. "Wait. No. I almost saw him this time. No! Send me back! Master, please." He looks at my back and moves my shirt to expose my flesh. There was a new sigil on the back of my shoulder blade that glows then fades away with a "tear" of blood left behind. He looks at me before catching me as I faint. I would wake up minutes later when the food arrives. I would be dazed and quite hungry. There would be no question or mention of the other boy's decision given the night's events. Master wanted to keep me oblivious.

EXP: 460/1217 | Flashback: 14 A.D. | Age: 12

Unlock New Ability: Void - Portal (Stage 3) (1000) - Complete
Train: Void - Portal (750) - Complete
Hone: Void - Portal (1500) - Complete

Last edited by Kazatul on Thu May 26, 2011 8:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

PostSubject: Re: Remember That Time? *   Remember That Time? * EmptyThu May 26, 2011 5:23 pm

Jin finds himself witness to a very odd event that takes fold before him. It was much like he was a spectator watching a movie; it was an experience that he wasn’t really a part of, but it did serve for some purpose on an entertainment level. Still, the young boy would remain cautious of the energy that was swirling around Boy during this time. Jin would keep the distance between himself and Boy, slowly retreating at a backwards walk to the opposite side of the room while watching him get pulled into something that he did not understand. Though he tried to keep as much distance from the boy and his void, the swirling of the energy would permeate and saturate the air around him. Boy would not be the only one affected as Jin felt a harsh tug on his insides that causes him to clasp his fist at his chest and cough. Though the boy was taken to a place of serenity and peace, being outside of this and affected by the powers that maintained this place, Jin would be forced to his knees, gripped by the unstable energy of the awakened element. Relieve comes to Jin as the master is forced to step forth and pull Boy from the place he was being pulled into. As Boy was being pulled out, it seemed like the pain was subsiding from Jin at the same time. Jin’s breathing is heavy as he recomposes after this experience and Battousai is confused by the effects of his outburst of energy. Looking up, Jin looks between the Master and Boy wondering just what these people were.

Timeline: 14 A.D | Persona: Jin | EXP: 297 / 5053
Updated
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Remember That Time? *   Remember That Time? * Empty

Back to top Go down

Remember That Time? *
Page 1 of 1