Shintheory Role-Playing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shintheory Role-Playing

Welcome to the HUB of Shintheory Roleplaying!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Moods of Blue VI

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
LittleMariko
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
LittleMariko

Rep! : 31

Moods of Blue VI Empty
PostSubject: Moods of Blue VI   Moods of Blue VI EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 10:41 pm

Iskra found herself perplexed, though the feeling in the afterglow of the kami's murder, the aura of her blood and the scent of her purity mixing with the vulgar stone below, quietly coagulating on her coat, kept her above the immediate gravity of the situation. The women were no more than prey, like deer or cattle, and with such a designation came her inability to empathize with them. She was designed to revel in their fear. She was a creature out of their nightmares, though she did not know what she was. She could only be herself. The emotion of empathy was something artificial in her. She had to make a conscious effort to relate to them.

Lethe, however, was a different sort of creature. She didn't consider him on the same level as the women she was ordering herded to their fate as products, their virtue, honor, and bodies traded off like meat at a market. No, he was as good as any hyena.

However, with that designation came a sort of meeting-halfway. She understood that what was appropriate for another hyena wasn't necessarily appropriate for humans. For one, humans didn't read any aggression into eye contact. Whereas his refusal to look at her might have constituted honor and humility in her own species, she did not understand what it meant in his.

So she stood up like a man, her tremendous frame shrinking and compacting until she was a woman, her skin speckled with blood alongside her natural spots. It wasn't necessarily because the blood had to persist through her transformation, but rather because kami blood was such an unexpectedly delightful substance. She wanted to wear it for as long as possible, though some of it had inevitably fallen off during the change.

She walked hurriedly, catching up to her sky-watching friend. "Why do you look away?"

[ EXP: 364 || +1 TEXP (2nd thread) ]

Back to top Go down
Lydeck
Intern
Intern
Lydeck

Rep! : 5

Moods of Blue VI Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moods of Blue VI   Moods of Blue VI EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 2:43 am

Whereas the hyena demon was basking in some sort of afterglow because of the violent kill of the kami, Lethe was overcome with a feeling of disgust. There wasn't a single fiber of his being that could comprehend treating human beings as if they were some sort of property. Sure, he expected people that were under his command to follow orders, but he looked at them like a father would a child, not as a butcher would look at a cow, or a merchant would look at a bushel of apples. Lethe didn't want to blame Iskra for her actions, but he simply couldn't help it.

Lethe never looked back at his men; never looked back to see the faces of the women he was leading into slavery and prostitution. The Barbarian King continued on with the simple hope they'd remain as silent as possible, and would allow him to lose himself in his own thoughts until they reached Iskra's domain and unloaded them. The cargo.

But even that wasn't to be allowed, as Lethe's master and matriarch caught up to him and was questioning him on his behavior. He found himself wondering how much of an explanation she wanted, and within breaking his stride he responded shortly and coldly, "Your behavior disgusts me."

Perhaps a bit too blunt to the woman that was his superior. He wasn't trying to insult or one up her, just adequately express his feelings.

EXP: 270
PWC: 270
Other: +2 TEXP (2nd thread, 5th post, August 1)
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
LittleMariko

Moods of Blue VI Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moods of Blue VI   Moods of Blue VI EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 2:44 pm

"My... behavior?"

She found herself somewhat disappointed at his reaction. Disgust in her mind was the emotion that one felt towards eating grass or humans who made pelts from her kind.

Yet, he felt that towards... her behavior? Which behavior exactly?

Then it occurred to her that kamis and humans were his kind, even though they weren't her kind, and his speech about treating them civilly returned to her thoughts.

Then again, what could she really do about it? He might as well have felt sorry for crack in the hands of an addict. It wasn't as though she could stop. Rather, she felt that she was going to be perpetually killing and exploiting his kind because it was in her nature. At the same time, she didn't want to upset Lethe. Even more, she didn't want to lose face in front of him over this, and she sincerely wasn't sure how to respond.

So for several minutes she walked in silence, thinking.

Only the soft sobbing of the women and the crunching of the forest path filled the space of several minutes before she presented a solution.

"Would you like to trade some of them off me?"

She assumed that Lethe would understand that these particular women belonged to her, but it might make him feel better to know that there was still a way to save them from what she had planned, or so she thought.

[ EXP: 277 || +1 TEXP (1st post) ]

Back to top Go down
Lydeck
Intern
Intern
Lydeck

Moods of Blue VI Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moods of Blue VI   Moods of Blue VI EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 2:57 pm

Iskra's audible confusion at what Lethe had said was to be expected. It wasn't often she was able to comprehend human emotions (or many complex emotions at all, for that matter) and it was no surprise she couldn't now. Her asking him if he wanted to buy any of them, presumably to save them from their fate, further expressed her lack of understanding. The situation was similar to trying to explain color to a blind person.

"I don't expect you to value human or kami life." Lethe responded, audible spite in his voice. "I don't expect you to understand. I know that's against your nature ... I only ask that you at least pretend to be civilized."

Part of Lethe felt bad about having such an aggravating reaction to the entire ordeal. After all, he'd agreed to serve her regardless of what she was doing and pledged his life to her, but there were certain things he couldn't allow himself to no speak out against. Truthfully Lethe didn't exactly want everything she was doing to stop, he just wanted a balance. Enslaving them into rough conditions and viciously killing anyone that protected them wasn't a balance, it was just needless animalism.

Upon thinking it reminded him of an animal, Lethe had to refresh himself as to the fact Iskra was an animal. Furthermore she probably didn't understand what he meant by civilized, so he continued, "If you're going to eat someone, kill them before you begin. If you're going to force women to sell themselves for you, ensure they're protected and the clients don't hurt them. I still won't enjoy going out and taking them, but I could at least live with myself."

EXP: 325
PWC: 325
Other: +1 TEXP (August 2, earned 250 exp)
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
LittleMariko

Moods of Blue VI Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moods of Blue VI   Moods of Blue VI EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 3:23 pm

More walking. More grass crunching. He was plainly distressed, but she wasn't exactly sure how she was supposed to alleviate it. Rather, she thought he was being unreasonable, though she was sure in his mind he was making only the most minimal of demands. Humans were pack creatures like her, and she knew how she felt towards hunters.

In fact, thinking about hunters brought up the old enmity she felt towards Lethe's sire for so inconsiderately jamming a sharpened stick through the lungs of one of the exiles. In her mind, this was a far worse travesty than ripping something apart with one's fangs. When a carnivore killed something, that prey was forever a part of it. When a human killed something, it became a rug or a coat or a tent or some trifle that was soon worn out and soon discarded. Soon bought and soon sold. Soon used to gird the lions of some weak, disgusting human who providence did not see fit to give covering for their own flesh. Moreover, humans were perfectly capable of eating plants and herbivores, but they still chose to hunt her kind, a breed not meant to be hunted.

All death was violent. Everyone had to die, and the more she thought about what she thought Lethe to be referring to as civilization, the more unsympathetic she felt.

"You tell me to kill them first because you are what you are," she said, a perceptible coldness in her voice returning the spite in his. "You tell yourself that your way is better because you are human. You've always been that way."

She didn't offer to continue.

[ EXP: 315 ]

Back to top Go down
Lydeck
Intern
Intern
Lydeck

Moods of Blue VI Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moods of Blue VI   Moods of Blue VI EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 3:39 pm

The entire time they were having this conversation the warrior could only have a passing thought as to if Iskra realized why such behavior bothered him. She was there when her kind viciously killed his parents, ate them alive as if they were some sort of succulent toy. Those were things that stay with a man regardless of anything else he goes through in life. Lethe would always remember the screams, the looks of terror, the sheer horror of the entire ordeal. A point would have been made if his parents had been hunting that hyena for no reason, but they had plenty of claim to do so. The beast had been raiding their food supply (cattle), and was threatening their well being. Why wouldn't they attack or hunt when provoked?

A bitter mood set in upon Lethe as he heard Iskra's response. He had so willingly pledged himself to her when they'd first met because of more than just her saving him. At the time he had thought she was different. More than a savage animal in human skin. More than a demon. The longer he was around her now, though, he realized he was mistaken. She had left, gone traipsing about hell with that fool demon Jack, and had come back a remorseless savage. It was all Jack's fault. Or, perhaps she was always like that and he'd simply misjudged her.

Lethe didn't feel to go in to the many, many things that concerned him about her, and instead kept on the topic, "I take it neither of my requests were acceptable, then?". His tone was calm, purposefully hiding his turbulent emotions within. Even if she wouldn't kill her prey before eating, giving these women some semblance of a life would be a small victory.

EXP: 328
PWC: 328
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
LittleMariko

Moods of Blue VI Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moods of Blue VI   Moods of Blue VI EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 4:05 pm

It seems that both of their moods had blackened. "It is physically impossible for me to kill something before eating it. You are asking me to starve or live on carrion. It is physically impossible for me to make sure that none of your cruel kind visit cruelty upon the females of their kind. You are asking me to either not do it or watch each one. You may as well ask me to fetch you the moon to make yourself feel better. You offer me no alternatives and no compensation, and yet you hold these things in your soul against me."

"I have never told you not to do something that would make life difficult for you to not do, and yet, you ask me, despite being under me. This is a situation that there is no good way for me out of, and yet, you insist on pushing it upon me." She growled low in her throat. "You would not feel sympathetic for them if they were wearing and carrying around human skins, but look there," she pointed back, causing quite a few jumps to travel through the company. The woman she pointed at had a fur blanket, albeit it was a silver one that looked like it came from some sort of a fox and not a spotted one like hers. Some leather accessories were visible as well, albeit they were primarily luggage and the shoes on their feet. "They carry around skins of wild spirits like myself and you can still find sympathy in your heart. If you cannot feel sympathy for those who are not your kind, how do you expect me to feel sympathy for those who are not my kind, when my entire purpose in this realm is to prey on them?"

[ EXP: 316 ]

Back to top Go down
Lydeck
Intern
Intern
Lydeck

Moods of Blue VI Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moods of Blue VI   Moods of Blue VI EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 10:46 pm

What the women were wearing was of little consequence to Lethe. It was very unlikely that those women had actually hunted any of the animals they wore or carried in their possession. In all likelihood the women had purchased such items from a trader or merchant, and that merchant acquired it from a trapper or hunter that used the complete carcass for something: furs for trading, meat for food, bones for weapons. Lethe still couldn't quite gather what she meant by it's impossible to eat something if it's dead, and the statement came off to him as stubborn or foolish or both.

"I am not sure what you mean. Whenever I hunt a creature, it is dead before I eat it. It cannot feel me tearing it's flesh from it's body. Such would be a cruel and vicious fate." Lethe responded to her assertion on the impossibility of feasting while the meal was dead, "And as such, your claim that it's physically impossible to kill before eating makes no sense. The lion, for example, suffocates it's victims before actually eating them."

Lethe often found that the longer he dwelled on something the worse it usually became. As of now, arguing about Iskra's behavior to her wouldn't be very productive, and would just serve as a rift between the two. A rift between them was the last thing he wanted, as even if she behaved at times in a manner he found abhorrent, he still cared for the hyena demon, "However, I shouldn't be speaking out against such things. It is not my place to question you. Please for forgive me, Iskra."

"It's just .... I fear the demon's influence on you, is all. I don't wish you to become one of them. One of him.

EXP: 345
PWC: 345
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
LittleMariko

Moods of Blue VI Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moods of Blue VI   Moods of Blue VI EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 11:27 pm

At the mention of the word "lion", it was all the spirit could do to resist attacking Lethe. Lions were the simple most backwards, perverse, idiotic creatures on the face of Terra, whether in the form of a mystic beast, a kami's alternate form, or a demon. If there was anything on Terra that she hated truly, madly, and deeply, it was a lion.

The rest of his words fell primarily on deaf ears. Wanting her to be more human wasn't such a terrible thing, but wanting her to be a lion -and that's what she heard, him promoting a lion as a good example of anything- was simply too much.

She wasn't accustomed to demonstrating self-control, but for once she found it in her, and her voice remained steady despite the tremendous force of anger behind them, like a small channel allowing water to pass through a dam.

"You're dismissed. Do what you wish."

With that statement, she intentionally took a sharp turn sideways down a narrower forest corridor. She no longer cared what happened to the women or anyone else, though the only sign of her great rage was an aura of frost that marked the ground she walked on and the grass and the base of the trees as she progressed. She struck out at one of the great, wooden trunks, and the massive sentry of the forest fell over with a horrible moan that displaced much indignant wildlife, its heart splintered.

As she walked further and further on, the quiet incubus crept up behind the barbarian leader. "You do know she's a demon, right?"

[ EXP: 305 ]

Back to top Go down
Lydeck
Intern
Intern
Lydeck

Moods of Blue VI Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moods of Blue VI   Moods of Blue VI EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 11:46 pm

Lethe grew deathly silent as Iskra dismissed herself. A feeling overcame him as she left, all because of him knowing the kind of emotional storm he'd sent her into because of the icy trail in her wake. It was a similar feeling that children felt when a parent or teacher gave up on them. When the person attempting to show you guidance who'd yell and scream at you to correct you eventually gave up, walked up, and left you alone. The young warrior wasn't sure if that had just happened, and truth be told he wasn't sure what he said specifically to set her off like that. He only knew that he regretted saying whatever he'd said. Holding her to his standards may have been a mistake.

"No, she's not." Lethe responded gruffly to Rivers, turning his head and looking back at him with solemn eyes, "She's a hyena demon. She's not some mindless savage like other demons, and she's not an emotionless hell-spawn like that fool Jack." While his voice was at normal levels, it was that of someone unsure of themselves, "I just don't want her to end up becoming one. She's better than that."

Lethe motioned for his men to continue on their path, where they would deliver the women to Rasvamaal. A majority of the lot had quit their sobbing to the display, and now simply held defeated faces. As they passed Lethe assured them of their safety, though he felt dirty for making a promise that hew knew he couldn't keep. He wasn't sure what kind of life they'd have, and he told himself it wasn't his concern.

As the others passed Lethe extended his arm and stopped Rivers from following them. He didn't make eye contact with Rivers, but instead kept his gaze at the ground, "Is it wrong of me?"

EXP: 338
PWC: 338
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
LittleMariko

Moods of Blue VI Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moods of Blue VI   Moods of Blue VI EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 12:30 am

"Jack?" the incubus questioned briefly before realizing that it didn't matter. He knew the breed that Lethe was referring to. Rapists... murderers... mindlessly chaotic beings who sowed discord for the sake of sowing it and reaped evil.

"You're right in not wanting her to become like the hellspawn. She's definitely different from them." Whether it was right or wrong for him to hold her to a certain standard, however, was a more complicated question.

Run moved his arms about the other man's shoulder comfortingly without aiming to be intrusive. "You might have hit a sore spot by asking her to be kind to the kamikonjou. I've never seen a demon who was able to entirely contain himself around one of those. It's something older than them. She probably can't control it, and that might be why she got so defensive."

The masked man took a few steps to the front of Lethe and knelt down, attempting to gently offer eye contact. "I think you'd do better if you didn't try to group her treatment of the angels with her treatment of the women, for their sakes. After all, the kami is already dead, but those ladies clearly need the influence that you have with our master. It'd be best for them if she didn't think of the kami every time she looked upon them."

[ EXP: 256 || +1 TEXP (1st post) ]

Back to top Go down
Lydeck
Intern
Intern
Lydeck

Moods of Blue VI Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moods of Blue VI   Moods of Blue VI EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 2:12 am

The fact that Iskra's hate for the kami konjou was deeply seated within her instincts wasn't something Lethe had readily thought of. Furthermore, he hadn't even realized that in his long winded demands that he'd never once been truly clear in who the behavior was for. Iskra taking it as her underling asking her to be nice to the kami was something that he hadn't considered. As evidence by the barbarian warrior's actions, he was no friend to the kami and had no qualms about defeating one in battle. Truthfully actually killing the thing wasn't what he'd had a problem with, it was just the consuming of it's flesh while it was still alive. Thoughts of his parent's plagued his mind when he witnessed such an act, and he couldn't think of anyone outside of Jack that he'd want that to happen to.

"You're right." Lethe finally concluded. It was apparent that fighting for the kami's rights, even if they were execution rights, wasn't something that was worth pursuing. Instead he was going to focus on human rights, and attempting to get Iskra to see them as more than walking fleshy things to trade or sell.

Strangely enough Lethe hadn't responded to Rivers' touch. He was actually impressed by the incubus' input to notice, "Thank you, Rivers."

Without saying another word, Lethe continued on, catching up with his men. He'd have to talk to Iskra soon.

EXP: 272
PWC: 272
Other: +1 TEXP (August 3, earned 250 exp)
Back to top Go down
Lydeck
Intern
Intern
Lydeck

Moods of Blue VI Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moods of Blue VI   Moods of Blue VI EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 10:15 am

Thread Totals
pwc: 1,878
exp: 1,878
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Moods of Blue VI Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moods of Blue VI   Moods of Blue VI Empty

Back to top Go down

Moods of Blue VI
Page 1 of 1