Shintheory Role-Playing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shintheory Role-Playing

Welcome to the HUB of Shintheory Roleplaying!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hunting in the Forests

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kazatul
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
Kazatul

Rep! : 19

Hunting in the Forests  Empty
PostSubject: Hunting in the Forests    Hunting in the Forests  EmptyTue May 24, 2011 9:27 pm

5-22-11

Judging by his expression or rather lack thereof, I think Captain Pento is getting used to me being posted outside of his room when he opens his door for us to take on another assignment. I think I am starting to become quite fond of these hunting missions into the forest to deal with whatever actionable threat might arise in our territory. The benefit of being in the Special Tactics Group is that we are only called for verified threats and fugitives. The downside to that is that there are often times when we can end up spending days in the village without a mission, which I absolutely hate. He tells me that he will explain while we move. I nod to him and follow along silently. "Here's the situation, Dravec. We are going after a murderer who fled from the Village of the Earth and is believed to wield magix. We are being tasked with stopping him and whoever may be aiding him & bringing all of them to the Village of the Earth alive so that he can undergo their judicial process for his crimes. This is mandated by the elder of their Village so we will obey that directive. If we find that he is indeed a mage then I will place a mental bind on his powers." Nodding to Capt. Pento, I acknowledge his orders and show that I am ready to go.

We head over to the eastern gates and Captain Pento finds that he will not be leading this hunt himself but that one of the Generals had arrived. He snaps to attention and offers a salute. "Relax, Captain. I'm here to make sure that the target is delivered." That meant that there was absolutely no room for error. I like pressure missions. Vatras looks over at me and I nod to him. If he was monitoring my thoughts like normal, he would find that I was ready to get things underway. He smiles relaxing at the thought of me being ready. The General looks over at me and speaks, "So you are Pento's secret weapon. I'm looking forward to seeing you in action." Nodding to him, he asks Vatras if I speak and the Capt tells him that I speak only when necessary. "You will see his preferred method of communication soon enough, General."

A breeze comes thru & my head snaps to the south. "Captain." I dash off towards the south and the party follows after me. It was a normal occurrence to Captain Pento and his unit but the General's unit has to catch up. It was becoming very clear to all that my powers are evolving once again. Master was correct, all of my instincts were to hunt, be it game or people. That is what excites me. We move thru the forest paths and I start tracking the footprints and recently broken branches. Didn't necessarily need powers of any sort to follow childhood experiences. It was always a game when I was a boy, but I know it to be a most useful exercise. My reflexes and agility seem to be heightening in these environments. I don't really notice it but the others do. It isn't until I look back to notice that I had put some distance between myself and the armored allies that I elect to slow down. Vatras was right behind me since he also wears basically no armor. He has a leather breastplate under his robes but it's not heavy at all to be honest. I remember sprinting with it to him when one of his superiors told him that I was not allowed to accompany him. One of his men was sent back at the outbreak of the ambush.

EXP: 664
Back to top Go down

Hunting in the Forests
Page 1 of 1