Shintheory Role-Playing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shintheory Role-Playing

Welcome to the HUB of Shintheory Roleplaying!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Temple

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Phew
New Recruit
New Recruit
Phew

Rep! : 3

The Temple Empty
PostSubject: The Temple   The Temple EmptySat May 21, 2011 7:03 am

The Temple Tdues1

. The Temple .

The atmosphere within the walls of what either used to be a temple or now was a temple was moist. The sounds of birds flying in and out from their nests, an occasional snake tasting the air and a gentle breeze flying through the structure as Deus entered. The tall man dominated the hallway which a few other people in it, his clothing standing out from the typical brighter beige coloured suits of the servants. His black and dark purple clothing stood out so much that most of them even stopped to look up at the towering giant that had entered the premises. What caught their attention the most was the black pendant hanging around the man’s wrist. It’s darkness was so great that it even twisted the light that shone at it, making it look like it was glowing black, the man himself wasn’t much better with his blackish greyish skin and tattooed face, which was quite visible despite him wearing a hood. As Deus reached what would be the presbytery, he was approached by a female servant of whatever deity this place was devoted to. “How may we help brother?” she asked, her face concealed by a piece of cloth. Deus, which was looking down on the woman would place his hand gently atop her shoulder and ask “Do this place have a library?” The woman, no expecting to me laid a hand upon jumped slight at first but eased up when he asked for the library, which she was more than happily guiding him to. Upon entering the small chamber which was covered on every wall with scrolls, both new and old the woman would leave his side and head back into the main chamber. Walking over to the table, he would remove his hood and have a look around before starting to work his way around the room, looking for books on specific subjects.

Experience Points: 347
Total Experience Points: 347
Other Gains: +1 TEXP [2 Threads, 21.5]
Thread Gains: +1 TEXP [2 Threads, 21.5]
The Temple Tdues3
Back to top Go down
Phew
New Recruit
New Recruit
Phew

The Temple Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Temple   The Temple EmptyTue May 24, 2011 9:19 am

The Temple Tdues1

. The Temple .

A gentle knock on the massive wooden door echoed throughout the room as Deus sat bent over an old book, so large that if one wanted to carry it, one would have to strap it to ones back. The hooded head turned slowly towards the door and with a cold and rock hard voice, but still low voice he would allow them inside. “Come in.” the door would slowly be pushed open and in would three robed men walk, one of them wearing a sky blue robe while the two others was wearing white. “Child, you have been in here for more than ten hours, with no food nor water provided. The sisters are worried about your health and so is Mitra.” Returning his gaze to the book, he would reply to the old priests enquiries; “Father, I am no man of Mitra, so for me, drinking or eating within the walls of the temple dedicated to the goddess, it would be sinful; as well, she does not approve of my arts.” The old priest would raise his hand, causing the two younger acolytes to leave the room without a question.
“Child, Mitra is almighty and knows everything; there is nothing you can do in her temple that she will not forgive.” The priest would go on and as he stepped closer to Deus, the tall man would sit up right, suddenly dwarfing the man that stood behind him. “So child, what are these arts of yours that you think Mitra will not approve of?” the priest would ask as he came close enough to see what type of book it was. “I am neither bringer of light nor a harbinger of dark, but I am a man of Acheron and follower of Set, I carry the black mark of Acheron and use their knowledge” the old priest, mortified by the cold voice and aura emitting from the person behind him began chanting to Mitra, praying. Deus, turning to look at the man had no emotion in his face as the old man backed out of the room, still praying to his deity.

Experience Points: 365
Total Experience Points: 712
Other Gains: +1 TEXP [2 Threads, 24.5]
Thread Gains: +2 TEXP [2 Threads, 21.5][2 Threads, 24.5]
The Temple Tdues3
Back to top Go down
Phew
New Recruit
New Recruit
Phew

The Temple Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Temple   The Temple EmptyWed May 25, 2011 6:48 am

The Temple Tdues1

. The Temple .

The door shuts, leaving Deus to his own demise within the confined room. Outside he can hear shouts and people running around, as if the plague had come around and they wanted to get away. Of course, Deus’s magic could be considered to be plague like in so many ways. His hand turns another page, revealing a large drawing of something magnificent and grand – a ritual. In the picture there was a person standing on some form of stone altar with five massive runic totems around, each of them bending away from the altar in the center. Looking at the ground it was almost like it had risen out of if, shoving dirt and sand to the sides. Around it all were a mist as well as lights floating in midair. Deus, studying the picture for a good while would then turn the page and read the next one, which in careful detail talked about the picture on the other side. The page described the ritual as ‘The Ritual of the Lich’ which would grant the user great powers. The book went on to explain how the ritual was to be made and what would go wrong if one did not do it right. It also went on about earlier users of the ritual and talked about how powerful they were and the ones that slew them. Finally, having read the entire book, Deus would close it and lean back into the chair, his eyes closing for a short second just to rest, but instead of rest, he would fall asleep.

Experience Points: 275
Total Experience Points: 987
Other Gains: +1 TEXP [25.5]
Thread Gains: +3 TEXP [2 Threads, 21.5][2 Threads, 24.5][25.5]
The Temple Tdues3
Back to top Go down
Phew
New Recruit
New Recruit
Phew

The Temple Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Temple   The Temple EmptyWed May 25, 2011 9:55 pm

The Temple Tdues1

. The Temple .

Waking up by the cold feeling of water dripping onto his forehead, Deus would slowly sit up from his back leaned seat to find himself in a suddenly different room. Though, the only difference was that it was not dark as it had been the day before, it was light, almost as light as the main temple. Looking up, he could see a small window which had a mirror opposite to it which was reflecting the sunlight throughout the room. Closing his eyes hard, he would rub his forehead as he stood up, releasing a long yawn and stretching his arms before sitting back down, reaching for the cup that stood on the table. “Shit” he muttered to himself as he found the cup empty. Standing back up, he would go towards the door and slowly push it open; outside the day seemed to have started out as normal. The priests were going to their altars to pray and took care of the sick and dying. As Deus walked into the main reception hall with his black and purple robe which did a very good job concealing his body a few of the sick people raised their holy chalices and began praying, only to be told off by one of the nurses. After having calmed down the sick, she would come over to Deus as bow her head for him before greeting him. “Good morning Brother, how was your night in the library?” bowing back in respect, Deus would smile at her before replying; “It was a long needed sleep. Now, where can a thirsty man find some water?” he would ask.

Experience Points: 287
Total Experience Points: 1274
Other Gains: +1 TEXP [26.5]
Thread Gains: +4 TEXP [2 Threads, 21.5, 24.5, 26.5][25.5]
The Temple Tdues3

Back to top Go down
Phew
New Recruit
New Recruit
Phew

The Temple Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Temple   The Temple EmptyFri May 27, 2011 8:22 am

The Temple Tdues1

. The Temple .

The nurse, holding his hand would guide him to a large pot further into the complex. The pot was taller than he was and was made out of either silver or bronze polished to such a fine surface that he was able to see himself in its reflection. “This is the temples water reserve” she would say as she climbed a small ladder to reach the top. “You won’t be running out of water in a while though it seems.” He replied as he studied himself in the mirror. “Oh no, this haven’t been dry for as long as the temple have been standing” she would laugh back as she climbed the ladder back down and handed him the cup. “So, brother, what made you sleep in the library?” she would as she grabbed his hand again and guided him towards an enclosed garden at the side of the temple. “Study” he simply replied causing her to put up a questionable face as she fired off another round. “So what are you studying?” Deus would look around and motion for them to go over to a small flower bed. “My studies are, in most people’s eyes evil.” He would explain as he would sit down on the bench next to the flowers. “Evil?” she would look at him in confusion. “Here, let me show you” he said as he picked up one of the flowers and held it in front of himself so she could see it.

Slowly the flower would begin to loose its colour and eventually shed its petals as it died and dried out. Her eyes went wide as she saw the dead flower in his hand. “H-How?” she stuttered as she looked at him in disbelief. “It’s called Dark magic, it gives me the ability to take the life force of things or give life force, it will even allow me to raise the dead if I so choose to” he would explain to her as she let go of his hand and sat there in a moment of shock. “Tia, go inside and tend to the sick” a hard voice said from the doorway and with it, the girl quickly disappeared back into the temple. Her seat was filled with the shape of the old man which would pick up the dead flower and rotate it around as he would study it. “You have come a long way Deus, but you still have a lot to learn” the old man would say in a hushed voice as the flower slowly got its colour back and mysteriously grew new petals.

Experience Points: 437
Total Experience Points: 1711
Other Gains: +1 TEXP [26.5]
Thread Gains: +5 TEXP [2 Threads, 21.5, 24.5, 26.5, 27.5][25.5]
The Temple Tdues3

Back to top Go down
Phew
New Recruit
New Recruit
Phew

The Temple Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Temple   The Temple EmptyFri May 27, 2011 8:35 am

The Temple Tdues1

. The Temple .

Looking back at the old man, Deus would look at the petal and give a quick smile that would face back into his rock like façade. “You have thought me well through the years, but I am at a point where I need to break loose and walk down my own path. For I feel that you have thought me all that you know and that there is nothing new that you can teach me.” He replied as the flower suddenly died out again, this time turning black and grew thorns into the old man’s hand. “I must say, you have gotten further than what you let” he said as he dropped the flower and examined the small wounds from the thorns. “Fever, paralysis, vomiting, blindness and then death” Deus would say as he looked at the old man, which looked back with narrow eyes as he addressed his wounds. “What?” he replied as he took another look at the dead flower on the ground. “That are the symptoms that will appear in the next few days, the antidote can be found in grinded petals from the same flower” he would explain as he got up, the old man sitting there, staring at the thorny flower. “Deus… do not become too confident in yourself, there is always someone stronger and smarter than you out there” the old man growled at him as he tried to get up. “Not for long” he would reply before going back into the temple and back to the library.

Experience Points: 263
Total Experience Points: 1974
Other Gains:
Thread Gains: +5 TEXP [2 Threads, 21.5, 24.5, 26.5, 27.5][25.5]
The Temple Tdues3

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Temple Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Temple   The Temple Empty

Back to top Go down

The Temple
Page 1 of 1