Shintheory Role-Playing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shintheory Role-Playing

Welcome to the HUB of Shintheory Roleplaying!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Walking the Master's Path

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Kazatul
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
Kazatul

Rep! : 19

Walking the Master's Path Empty
PostSubject: Walking the Master's Path   Walking the Master's Path EmptyFri May 20, 2011 12:20 pm

5-17-11

Walking thru the gates to the walled village, I had gotten word that they had work up here that I could be useful for. I'm always up for something like that. It has been many moon cycles now since I last saw my friend, Jyn. I actually kinda missed having him around, but more than that I didn't know where he was or even if he was safe. I push such thoughts out of my mind in order to focus on why I am here. I have a job to do and that is where my focus needs to be. I make my way over to the tavern and wait outside of it. Master said he would be joining me here since this is to be the start of my new assignment. Waiting, I resist my urge to tap into the Void to continue honing my craft. I also wish I knew what this mission was about so that I could start preparing now. That way when the Master arrives, I will already have a plan of action waiting for him. That's what a good apprentice would do!

After about 15 more minutes, the Master appears next to me. "Are you ready, Little Hunter?" I nod to him. I had been ready for this for over a year now!. Jyn & I had talked about what our first missions would be like. The Master tells me to remain focused and observant of my surroundings as we walk into the tavern. Looking around, I notice a wide array of figures present. There were your traveling merchants, your adventurers looking for work, your normal citizens here to enjoy a nice meal or drink, and u even have your local "nobility". There are also men in a distinctive uniform in here as well. They are wearing lightweight & leather garbs designed to maximize mobility while providing protection to the vital organs and from light assaults. The Master asks, "Why do you think they wear such garbs?"

EXP: 345

Last edited by Kazatul on Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:20 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Kazatul
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
Kazatul

PostSubject: Re: Walking the Master's Path   Walking the Master's Path EmptyMon May 23, 2011 5:26 am

I reply having learned about the major villages in our travels, "Master, that is simple. Magic is prevalent in the Village of the Sun and since magi typically are not close quarters combatants, they would need armaments to allow swift movement. Also, some magi utilize hand gestures and bodily movements to harness the energy for their spells. Flexibility and ease of movement would then be a paramount concern in one's armor. You place your strongest defensive warriors in heavy plate armor, your assaulters in Light Armor and your light infantry, archers, and such troops in leather armor while your operatives and magi are in a mixture of leather and robes." He nods to me as I finish my explanation. He poses a question that I admit I did not have the experience to know the answer to when he inquires, "So then, Little Hunter, your operatives and magi cannot wear light armor or is armor even required for a magi?" I go to answer the question, but no words escape my lips when my lips part to respond. I did not know what to say, so I muster up a single vague response, "A warrior will do what they feel is comfortable for them in battle." Master looks at me and smiles, "You will know that answer soon enough, my apprentice."

EXP: 248/593
Mercenary JC: 1
PWC (Operative Network)

Last edited by Kazatul on Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dice Roller
Veteran
Veteran

Rep! : 5

PostSubject: Re: Walking the Master's Path   Walking the Master's Path EmptyMon May 23, 2011 5:26 am

The member 'Kazatul' has done the following action : Dices roll

'10 Roll' : 9
Back to top Go down
Kazatul
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
Kazatul

PostSubject: Re: Walking the Master's Path   Walking the Master's Path EmptyMon May 23, 2011 5:59 am

5-18-11

We continue walking thru the tavern heading towards a table where a familiar face is waiting. The man that generally brings Master work is sitting at a table with a hooded figure drinking out of a cup what I will assume is wine or ale. I could not stand the taste of ale or mead, so I did not partake in them and Master only allowed me to drink wine during times when I had no training the next day (which was basically NEVER) or if I had completed one of his rigorous tests and he wanted to allow me a respite. Oh and when I had to train at using my powers while intoxicated in the case I undertake an assignment that would put me in such a situation. His methods always focused on the variable filled scenarios in which anything could happen.

I remain standing at the table and the Handler looks at me and tells me to sit down. I remain where I am. "Hunter..." Nodding to Master, I sit down next to him. The handler hmphs at the exchange and tells me. "Good thing I don't have to deal with you, boy." I lift my head to look at him before replying, "Yes, it is." I never really liked Master's handler and the fact that I tried to trap him in the Void... twice... still doesn't sit well with him. He seriously deserved it. At least the second time for sure. The first was me being protective of Master. Master tells me to be silent and I lower my head in silence. The other figure seated at the table looks at me and my head lifts involuntarily. It turns from side to side as if someone was holding my head. I hear a young male voice in my head speak, "You have the makings of a soldier. Instant obedience to orders, but I must know something, young Hunter, can you fight?" Nodding my head to the figure, I am curious if the others hear him as well though it does not seem like they do since they are talking about something completely different. The figure asks, "So if there was a target in this room that you needed to apprehend but you could not kill, how would you go about doing so?" Not wanting to distract the Master's conversation, I formulate my thoughts into a focused stream of images. I would play out the scenario as an explanation. First, you must identify the location of the target, the potential escape routes and hostages that he might take if he becomes desperate enough. Once you can anticipate where he might go, then you must identify if he has any allies in the area or if you have any enemies in the area. If either are present, then you must seek out legitimate or potential allies unless you are certain that the target's allies nor your enemies will prove a valid hindrance to you before you can capture your target and escape with them. Once you have accounted for these primary variables, move to strike. You want your first strike to take place in one of two ways. Either you want it to completely neutralize your target at that moment or you want that strike to set up a neutralization strike."

EXP: 596
Apprentice JC 2
Path: Org
Back to top Go down
Dice Roller
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Walking the Master's Path   Walking the Master's Path EmptyMon May 23, 2011 5:59 am

'10 Roll' : 6
Back to top Go down
Kazatul
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
Kazatul

PostSubject: Re: Walking the Master's Path   Walking the Master's Path EmptyMon May 23, 2011 6:42 am

5-19-11

Next, I am asked by the voice if I possess the capacity to protect a charge as well as eliminate a target. It has always been my thinking that if you knew how to eliminate a target that would teach you how to protect one since you simply do the opposite. In line with this sort of thinking, I simply offer another nod to the figure. "We shall see..." is the reply that I hear in my head. The hooded figure rises from the table and scans the room. One of the more seedy looking armored figures in the room looks at the figure as he removes his hood. The target draws for a sword and his hand starts glowing. The figure tells him that he does not wish to do that.

Master and the Handler observe the events as they are unfolding while I perform my own assessment. Flames begin to swirl about the hands of the target and my instincts kick in to tell me to move quickly. "Just great..." I fade from sight only to reappear in front of the figure as flames release from the target's hands. I raise my hand towards him as I chant, "Disrupt fire." The Void wraps around me and his fire attack clashes against my barrier. The barrier cancels out the attack and I look at the target. He peers quizzically at me. A Void Orb appears in my hand as I inquire to the figure, "Wound him?" The figure responds telepathically, "We have healers." The target comes in to attack and I release the orb at him aiming for his torso before I teleport the figure away from the fighting towards the table where the Master and handler are still sitting. The target gets hit by the orb, and it does damage but he continues moving forward. My eyes start to glow red and rune markings begin to emerge on my body most visible along my arms and neck. I dash backwards as another orb forms in my hand and is hurled at the target. This one slows him down a little bit. Now is my chance! I create another orb in my hands only to remember that he is not to be killed. Only problem with that is that I do not have binding powers or any real subduing magic.

I elect to try a different tactic and give the target a simple ultimatum, he can either yield or be killed. A Void orb forms in my hand when I inquire as to his choice, "Decide your fate." He grips his sword and at point blank range, I prepare to release the orb and he releases his sword. My body returns to normal without even noticing the changes and the other guards in the room seize the target. They turn their attention to me and take another offensive stance unsure of their intentions. The figure asks me to stand down and the spatial energy that was being gathered to rip open a small spatial distortion to attack the lot of them is dispersed. I return to the table and Master smiles at me. The figure nods to the Handler. Finally speaking out loud for once, he speaks, "Yes. I do indeed like this one. Does he have a name?" Master looks at me and nods, "He is Dravec, young lord." The figure repeats, "Dravec. It is fitting. Dravec, will you work for me as my personal operative?" I look at Master who has a look of pride upon his face. He nods to me and tells me that this is my new assignment. I look at the figure and nod, "I shall do as my Master commands of me. I shall aid you."

EXP: 654
Soldier JC 1
Back to top Go down
Dice Roller
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Walking the Master's Path   Walking the Master's Path EmptyMon May 23, 2011 6:42 am

'10 Roll' : 8
Back to top Go down
Kazatul
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
Kazatul

PostSubject: Re: Walking the Master's Path   Walking the Master's Path EmptyMon May 23, 2011 11:53 pm

5-20-11

It would seem that my coming here was an trial run of sorts. It would also seem that I had impressed my new employer. The Handler and the one whom I would be working for discuss matters while I speak softly with Master. "I am not sure about this. It was not in my thoughts to protect him. I only focused on eliminating the target. You told me to protect him, didn't you?" In his normal vague fashion, Master tells me, "You felt what u needed to feel. The rest will come in time, Dravec." I ask him about my new name. "Dravec. Master, I have never heard u call me by such. Where did it come from?" He smiles at me & my incessant curiosity before he answers, "Your name has always pertained to what I see in you. When I found you, you were just a lost child trying to find a path, so I called you, Boy. As you grew stronger & began to take shape as a person, your instincts have proven very sharp, so I named you Little Hunter. Now, you are focused & you will get deadlier. It is your nature I have found. You are a natural predator & it is that instinct that I see being most prominent in you now. Embrace it & you will never fail in your mission. No matter what it is."

His words give me a renewed confidence & sense of purpose. I would do everything in my power to grow stronger and show my new employer what my Master had created. Master tells me that I better not make him look bad here. He smirks at me as he vanishes with the Handler & I am left truly on my own for the first time. The Sun Village Officer introduces himself since I had nothing to call him. "Dravec, I am Captain Vatras Pento of the Village of the Sun Militia Special Tactics Group. You can just call me, Vatras." I look at him and tell him that I will refer to him by rank. He inquires as to why & I tell him, "Captain is a rank of respect so I must show proper respect. What is my function to be?" Master had always taught me never to lose focus of my objective. Capt. Pento tells me that I will serve as his personal operative working outside of the normal jurisdiction of the unit's functions. He tells me that primarily it will revolve around intelligence gathering and hunting bandits. I nod to him & ask when do we begin. He chuckles and says, "The Handler wasn't joking about you. You are all business. Well there are more retrievals that we can undertake in the nearby area, but even that will need to wait until tomorrow. There is a scheduled visit to the Village of the Earth that I would like you to accompany me on as my personal guard. Tonight we will get you settled into your room. Tomorrow we will get to work. Agreed?" I nod to him as I have no other options in the matter. I did not wish to be idle, so I would most likely train tonight to ensure that my skills are sharp and focused.

EXP: 561
Soldier JC 2
Back to top Go down
Kazatul
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
Kazatul

PostSubject: Re: Walking the Master's Path   Walking the Master's Path EmptyTue May 24, 2011 12:07 pm

5-21-11

The coming weeks would provide ample opportunities for me to showcase my abilities and for me to begin training new ones. Spending time here in the Village of the Sun I begin to wonder if Master put me here as a continuation of my training while he's on this assignment near the Core of Medius. Even tho I didn't like it, I knew why he had to leave me behind. I wasn't strong enough to truly defend against some of the horriic creatures that dwell there. Some of the dark spirits that the Guild hunts there. So instead, I am here. Capt. Pento was very open with me. He was a soft young man which often made me wonder how he came to be placed in this unit. One explanation is his psychic abilities which he is beginning to teach me. Apparently, he senses a gift for it within me. Those abilities make him an uncanny interrogator as he doesn't have to torture captives. He merely converses with them to lower their guard as he traverses their minds for information. I suppose as I begin to understand more of the powers of one's mind, I will help him to use his power to protect himself as it is still my thought that the Master will be returning to retrieve me after he completes the current campaign.

I have also found one who is skilled in the Void that is teaching me to further utilize my connection to the Void in order to discover new powers. He teaches me to meditate while within the Void, but warns me not to travel too far within the Void without a "tether" he calls it. The Void Mage taught me about the dangers in terms of battle. "What happens to a soldier who strays too far from the rest of the army in battle?" I tell him that if he is not a mighty enough Champion then he will be surrounded and engulfed by the enemy army. Ultimately, he will be lost. I tell him that it is the same for an army that is too far away from their supply lines. He smiles and nods to me. "Yes. Well the Void is like that or like swimming in the oceans of the Coastal Regions to the east. If u swim out too far without something keeping u tied to the shore, u could drown and be lost forever. Even with the power to walk thru the Void, those powers have limitations, young Dravec. An army no matter how decorated and successful has limitations." I smile at his lesson having double meanings & benefits to my education both as a "Child of the Void" and as an operative.

Before I leave to head out on a "hunt" as I like to call them with Capt. Pento, the Void Instructor asks me, "Dravec, if you had to choose between learning a power from the Void that would allow you to save hundreds of innocents or destroy thousands of enemies, which power would you choose to master?" I stop walking and look back at him before answering, "They are the same power. The only difference is that I would not reopen the Void Portal for the enemies. I would allow them to torn to pieces for their crimes."

*Cue Imperial Death March music from Star Wars!*

EXP: 590
Apprentice Job 3
Back to top Go down
Kazatul
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
Kazatul

PostSubject: Re: Walking the Master's Path   Walking the Master's Path EmptyTue May 24, 2011 12:35 pm

TOTAL EXP: 2994
PWC (Org): 2994

Rolls for 5-20-11 & 5-21-11 (WTF!)

Total Items Gained: 25 VC items

Last edited by Kazatul on Tue May 24, 2011 12:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dice Roller
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Walking the Master's Path   Walking the Master's Path EmptyTue May 24, 2011 12:35 pm

#1 '10 Roll' : 1

--------------------------------

#2 '10 Roll' : 1
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Walking the Master's Path   Walking the Master's Path Empty

Back to top Go down

Walking the Master's Path
Page 1 of 1