Shintheory Role-Playing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shintheory Role-Playing

Welcome to the HUB of Shintheory Roleplaying!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Start of the Blaze

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Bran
New Recruit
New Recruit
Bran

Rep! : 0

The Start of the Blaze Empty
PostSubject: The Start of the Blaze   The Start of the Blaze EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 3:15 pm

A red haired man with pointy ears and short claws walked through a forest with a bag on his back and katana on his side. He wore typical clothes with no armor complete with a blue short sleeved shirt, black pants, some dark colored shoes and a scarf his mother gave him. He had left his town to start out on an adventure of sorts. He had grown more and more bored of the simple town after his human mother had passed away. Her death wasn't something that affected him much but she was the reason he stayed in that town for as long as he did. It felt empty to him without her."You know this walking is getting boring to me.." He mumbled to himself as if there was someone listening to him. "I haven't even been walking for a day yet and I'm starting to talk to myself.." He sighed after he spoke. Some branches hung down in front of him as he started to move forward. "Must have gotten myself off of the path. At least this gives me something to do." He said as he pulled brandished his katana blade and started taking swings at the branches in front of him.

Words: 1133, EXP: 227, +1 TEXP (5th post)

Last edited by Bran on Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:09 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
LittleMariko

Rep! : 31

PostSubject: Re: The Start of the Blaze   The Start of the Blaze EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 3:54 pm

Suddenly, there was a bear.

Rather, a few things happened in short sequence that led to there suddenly being a bear.

Iskra never walked around much outside of her hyena form, at least not when exploring the forests around her home. Now would usually be no different, except that she considered this place near an area that she "owned" and thus didn't have to practice much stealth.

The bear would be the first thing apparent, and the woman on its back would be a secondary sight. The dark-skinned woman with white, spotted hair would fold her arms, her deep blue eyes examining the "trespasser" as the bear bellowed beneath her.

"Hey," she would greet him shortly from about a dozen feet off of the ground due to the sheer size of the beast below her. It must've been twice as tall as a normal bear, and spittle flew forth from its mouth as it blew salmon-scented air into the man's face.

"I don't mean to be aggressive, but you're in my territory, if you use that term. I don't want other demons bothering my people on my spot."

[ EXP: 214 || +1 TEXP (2nd thread) ]

Back to top Go down
Bran
New Recruit
New Recruit
Bran

PostSubject: Re: The Start of the Blaze   The Start of the Blaze EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 9:37 pm

A bear of all things seemed to appear out of no where in front of him. It wasn't the first bear he had seen but it was the first of the size it was. He stared up towards the top of the giant beast where he heard a female voice beckon and noticed what looked like to be a woman that seemed to have demon like qualities like himself. He put his weapon back in its holster and readjusted the bag on his back. "I'm only passing through here. Shouldn't take me that long really, also I'm not here to cause any trouble. I'm just passing by to possibly find a way to make a living. So if you don't mind." He started to walk by the woman and her beast. He didn't feel like she would attack him but as he made his way by her he kept his guard up. He was more worried about the giant bear than the woman. He didn't know how strong either was but wasn't in much of a mood to tempt them to battle, at least not yet.

Words: 929, EXP: 189 +1 TEXP (250 exp)
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
LittleMariko

PostSubject: Re: The Start of the Blaze   The Start of the Blaze EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 10:21 pm

Iskra didn't really acknowledge him trying to walk away. She simply moved her bear to block him.

"Wait a minute..."

She appeared to genuinely be lost in thought for a second as she stared at him. She brought her hand to her chin and furrowed her brow, somewhat perplexed.

"You've got pointy ears... I have a friend with pointy ears and he's only half spirit."

She was, of course, thinking of Lethe, though his ears weren't as pointy or as long as the entity's before her. Lethe didn't have a tail either.

"What exactly are you?"

From her lofty perch atop the bear, she couldn't really get a good handle on his scent, especially with the smell of bear filling her nose.

The bear bellowed again. More spittle flew forth. A fish bone would smack the man in the head from the back of the grizzly's throat if he didn't pay close enough attention.

[ EXP: 179 ]

Back to top Go down
Bran
New Recruit
New Recruit
Bran

PostSubject: Re: The Start of the Blaze   The Start of the Blaze EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 11:02 pm

The bear once again stood in his pathway and questions were directed to him from the woman. She sounded like she knew what he was already but was unsure of the exact thing. Just before he could speak the bear seemed to spit up more saliva but this time the bones of a fish shot out along with it. He quickly moved his body to the side to where he just dodged the bones. The smell of a decaying dead fish filled the air now around him. Even with it being there for a short time it started to enough to annoy him. "You need to watch that thing there. That smells like it would have melted through me." He waved his hand in front of his face as he spoke. "My pointy ears and claws not enough of a give away though?" He spoke confused. Not many people looked at him and thought about what exactly he was. "I am a hybrid between an Oni and a Human. My Oni side is to blame for my extra extremities." He said as his tail moved to where it pointed at the woman. "Anything else you want to know? I have nothing but time really at this point." He said as he thought that it could actually be good for him to speak to someone else about something that wasn't himself.

EXP: 251
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
LittleMariko

PostSubject: Re: The Start of the Blaze   The Start of the Blaze EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 12:57 am

Iskra continued to look down at the man, intrigued. He must not have seen the great scope of demons in this world, or so she thought. Her friend Jack looked completely human save for red eyes, and his blood was wholly demonic.

"So what are you good at?" she continued without skipping a beat, her bear still observably blocking his way. "Surely you have some talents? Some goals that you want to get accomplished in this life?"

Of course, her intention was to somehow use these talents and desires for her own gain. It wasn't often that she had an ideal situation like this. The guy didn't seem very strong and could more than likely grow into a powerful instrument in her service. Potential was better than power in a fresh servant.

Yet, she wouldn't articulate these thoughts. She simply spoke as though she were asking about the weather or the statistics on some far-off gladiator.

[ EXP: 182 ]

Back to top Go down
Bran
New Recruit
New Recruit
Bran

PostSubject: Re: The Start of the Blaze   The Start of the Blaze EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 12:07 pm

What was he good at? It seemed like a question he could barely answer at this time. He had just set out to learn about things outside the world he lived in. His small town served as only a stepping stone to the things you could find in the outside world. His memory faded off for what seemed liked an hour or two but was only a few seconds. He remembered a man had come into his town calling himself an adventurer of the world and went by the name of Benit. Bran had caught Benit's eye, mostly because of the younger man being a hybrid. The two spoke over the adventures that Benit had been apart of, some of which Benit seemed reluctant to speak of. These stories set a fire in Bran's eyes. A fire that would lead him to soon after leave his small town and set off on his own adventure. A adventure that the woman and bear were stopping him from continuing. Bran thought over the question again and found an answer for the beckoning woman. "Honestly, I couldn't tell you what I am good at yet. That is something I want to see for myself as I get stronger through my own adventures." He shrugged as he spoke, took up his posture again and then took in some air before continuing. "One thing I can say is I am pretty good with blades and have more of a head on my shoulders than most." A grin came upon his face as he spoke and then he finally started to finish. "And my goals? I just want to have some adventures instead of sitting around in a small house being bored to death. If I am going to die of anything I'd rather die while fighting something. Its more fun that way." He smiled up at the woman as he finished speaking.

EXP: 340, +1 TEXP (250 exp)

Last edited by Bran on Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
LittleMariko

PostSubject: Re: The Start of the Blaze   The Start of the Blaze EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 12:30 pm

Iskra appeared to be thinking again, but she was taking a ponderous approach to this entire encounter.

Perhaps it was her paramour tendencies showing through, but she thought this particular half-demon was a thing of beauty. His bright red hair reminded her of the odd, bright-red breed of Amaranth growing on her territory, and his tail looked rather cute on him.

Not that she had any thoughts of starting a romantic relationship, however. She simply made it her mission to use her powers to protect things that she thought were beautiful in the world and destroy what she thought of as ugly or bad, because it increased her quality of life in these realms.

For this reason, she appointed herself the sometime-guardian of this red-haired entity, and thought she should see to it that he was at least prepared to go out into the world. From the sound of it, he hadn't experienced much life outside of his home.

"The road is full of dangers..." she began, dismounting her bear and pulling a long chain with a pair of blades at either end. She took a step back and began spinning the weapon, as though she intended to attack, as she gently chanted a spell.

"You will have less fun if you lose an arm and you will have fewer adventures if you die. If you are half spirit, then you should have some strength in you, but how trained is it? Come. You can attack me first."

[ EXP: 281 || +1 TEXP (5th post) ]

Actions:
> Used Shield of Keuakepo [Mastered]
:: > Effects: Creates armor of ice (3 density) around herself
:: > STA: -11
:: > HP: 100

Back to top Go down
Dice Roller
Veteran
Veteran

Rep! : 5

PostSubject: Re: The Start of the Blaze   The Start of the Blaze EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 12:30 pm

The member 'LittleMariko' has done the following action : Dices roll

'[ Mastered ]' :
The Start of the Blaze ZETA
Back to top Go down
Bran
New Recruit
New Recruit
Bran

PostSubject: Re: The Start of the Blaze   The Start of the Blaze EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 2:29 pm

Bran stared at the woman for a second, somewhat confused. He didn't really understand why she wanted to fight him all of a sudden but just brushed off the idea of why. He could just have some fun and attack. Her pulled out his blade from its holster and stared at the woman. He knew she wouldn't be a push over especially seeing as she had tamed such a giant beast. He swallowed any fear he could have had and turned it into confidence. "Any regular person would probably decline to fight you and just turn around and walk away." He pointed his blade at his new found opponent. "Its funny though. I'm not all that regular." He grinned and charged at the woman until he was in front of her, where he came to a stop and slashed his weapon down onto her.

EXP: 160
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
LittleMariko

PostSubject: Re: The Start of the Blaze   The Start of the Blaze EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 3:44 pm

Iskra sidestepped the charge easily, though that might be attributed to the fact that she was much faster than him [strong speed] and was expecting a hit.

She tilted her head to the side as he went past. Her bear sat down and mimicked the gesture behind her.

"You really should work on your form some more..." she said distantly, not sure exactly how she was going to train him.

Idly, she reached for his tail to see if she could pull it. She was much stronger than the average demon, as strong as demons were as a species, and somehow his tail looked as though it might be warm or something... not that there was usually a rationale behind her doing such an action. It didn't come off as strange to her at all.

"Your tail is cute, though..."

If she could grasp a hold of the appendage while sidestepping his charge, she'd merely hold it and ask him, "Have you ever considered working at a brothel? People are into really exotic stuff sometimes. I haven't come across a hybrid with a tail in awhile."

[ EXP: 209 ]

Actions:
:: Attempted to grab and hold Bran's tail (Strong Mov/Dex, Abnormal Strength)

Back to top Go down
Bran
New Recruit
New Recruit
Bran

PostSubject: Re: The Start of the Blaze   The Start of the Blaze EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 4:46 pm

After the woman dodged his attack, Bran stumbled forward. He easily could believe that she dodged his attack but he didn't believe what she said next. She spoke of his tail as if it were something that she could fondle up and kiss. "You know that is just my tail right? Its not that speci..." He stopping speaking as he turned his head and noticed the woman reach out towards his tail. He never did like anyone touching his tail and she wouldn't be any sort of exception if she grabbed it. He had memories of when he was younger and how kids used to pick on him by grabbing his tail. It made him hate the fact of anyone else grabbing it in any way. "No no no no no no no..!"

EXP: 145

Actions:
Attempts to dodge. If less than 50 I dodge.
Back to top Go down
Dice Roller
Veteran
Veteran

Rep! : 5

PostSubject: Re: The Start of the Blaze   The Start of the Blaze EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 4:46 pm

The member 'Bran' has done the following action : Dices roll

'100 Roll' : 86
Back to top Go down
Bran
New Recruit
New Recruit
Bran

PostSubject: Re: The Start of the Blaze   The Start of the Blaze EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 5:33 pm

As she latched onto his tail he let out a short yelp like one a dog would let out when in pain. The yelp was something that was out of his control due to his tail being grabbed by anyone. After the yelp he felt truly embarrassed. Her question made him sound more like an animal for people to stare at which did bother him some but then he thought over the idea and spoke. "A brothel? Sounds a little too religiony for me but now that I think about it it is something new for me to do and get into. I'll take you up on the offer if you can do one thing for me..." He said as he stared at the woman and put his weapon away. "Can you let go of my tail..?" He looked down at the woman's hands and pointed as he spoke.

EXP: 151

Last edited by Bran on Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
LittleMariko

PostSubject: Re: The Start of the Blaze   The Start of the Blaze EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 5:48 pm

Iskra's brow furrowed at the yelp. It didn't offend her at all, but it immediately told her where they were relative to each other now. She considered herself on top and this hybrid was on the bottom. Precisely the way it should be.

"Fair enough," she said, pulling the appendage enough to get it up to her mouth, where she rather brazenly licked it. The demon didn't do it to freak out this fellow or intimidate him or seduce him. It was the practical matter of injuries. Her grip was very strong and thre was a chance that she might have injured his tail in grabbing it the way she did. Her saliva had healing properties when she willed it to, and any pain or bruising or sprains that she might have induced with her grab would be pleasantly numbed away.

Having done that, she used her proximity to shove him up the back of her bear. "If it's something new for you to do, you're talking to the right person."

The beast bellowed in protest, but soon stood up, and she joined the man atop the bear back. "Take us back to Rasvamaal."

With a lumbering gait, the grizzly began to walk, complying with the orders like any given warhorse.

[ EXP: 235 ]

Back to top Go down
Bran
New Recruit
New Recruit
Bran

PostSubject: Re: The Start of the Blaze   The Start of the Blaze EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 10:08 pm

Altogether EXP: 7463
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Start of the Blaze   The Start of the Blaze Empty

Back to top Go down

The Start of the Blaze
Page 1 of 1