Shintheory Role-Playing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shintheory Role-Playing

Welcome to the HUB of Shintheory Roleplaying!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Something Left Behind

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
LittleMariko
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
LittleMariko

Rep! : 31

Something Left Behind Empty
PostSubject: Something Left Behind   Something Left Behind EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 9:52 am

Of course, the hyena who now traversed the monochrome forest paths between her home and the village of the moon had no intentions of harming anyone there.

Her best friend on this entire plane was adopted and raised in the little silk-making settlement. Harming it was the furthest thing from her little beast mind.

It just so happened that she was wandering the forests looking for something to hunt. It wasn't an unusual occurrence. Goat milk and goat cheese and goat goat only went so far in nourishing her before she had to assault some innocent woodland creature. Well, that and hunting was simply more fun.

But what drew her further towards the village of the moon was an odd scent that she felt compelled to follow.

It reminded her of herself in an odd way... some infernal tribe of beasts of one kind of another. She felt as though she should find its source. Being a hyena without a clan, she'd rather desperately been searching for anyone willing to fulfill her needs as a social creature for company and dominance.

This seemed promising, however. Maybe they were creatures like her? The thought brought excitement to her very soul. Sure, the motley array of humans she'd managed to consider her "clan" were nice and all, but she'd appreciate having a real opportunity to socialize again.

[ EXP: 264 || +1 TEXP (2nd thread) ]

Back to top Go down
RagnorakTres
New Recruit
New Recruit
RagnorakTres

Rep! : 1

PostSubject: Re: Something Left Behind   Something Left Behind EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 10:54 am

Taran walked along the forest path towards the Village of the Moon. It had been a few months since the Son of Rhys had been to his base of operations, feeble though that title might be. He had lots more information now on the drug cartel he was hunting, thanks to Hamzah. The Lion had been particularly forthcoming on this trip, so much so that Taran was forced to assume that this was more than just business for him. An opiate derivative, highly addictive and ridiculously toxic, even in it's purest form. Extended use literally melts the circulatory system. 3 men to kill, each with part of a riddle that will lead me to the money behind this operation. This guy either knew someone would be coming after him and decided to mess with whoever it was or is just insane. Wonder which.

A particularly loud rustle from the leaf clutter on the to his right drew him from his thoughts. Looking around, his eyes picked out a flash of white through the trees on the right side of the path. He couldn't quite place what the creature was, but it was huge. Its head came up to his shoulder, easily, and it looked predatory. His eyes narrowed as his hand strayed to his tanto. Dear gods, that doesn't seem normal. Am I too far, back in the Beast Kingdoms? No, no way I'd miss my target by that much, even when it's hidden. Besides, I'm only half a day out from the Village of the Sun. What in the hell is that? Taran had stopped moving while he watched the beast through the trees. Catching a glimpse of its profile through a small break, he placed it as a probably carnivorous canid. Maybe it's a demon? Whatever it is, best to leave it alone.

Taran tried to stay as still as he could and breathed shallowly, careful not to attract attention to himself. Whatever it was, it was large enough and had sharp enough teeth to take him apart. Regardless of how effective he was against other human beings, his lack of armor left him remarkably vulnerable against a natural predator like a forest carnivore, much less one his size.
------------------
EXP:
This Post: 411 +1TEXP (250+EXP Post)
Thread Total: 411 +1TEXP
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
LittleMariko

PostSubject: Re: Something Left Behind   Something Left Behind EmptySun Jul 10, 2011 11:32 am

Iskra paused suddenly, having picked up the scent of something else in the area. It was faint and cautious, yes, but still there, and she recognized the scent of a human out of all the other scents in the world.

Knowing this, however, she elected not to talk. Rather, she wished to know what kind of human it was before she decided to act. It was definitely a male. One could tell such things by scent alone. Women tended to smell more like... onions, for lack of a word to describe that sort of smell.

Taking a detour on the scent she was currently following, she began to walk towards the hidden assassin, her nose to the ground inquisitively. She couldn't be sure that her presence would intimidate him either. She couldn't smell the difference between a human who knew how to use magic and a human who could not, unless they had just used magic to nuke something, of course.

Then again, she wasn't sure how she would react to something like a human in the middle of these woods. She didn't think she should eat him, since there was a chance that he could be from Village of the Moon, but she did have a powerful hunger and if there were actually some more of her kind out here, then that would diminish her need for human friends.

[ EXP: 252 || +1 TEXP (1st post) ]

Back to top Go down
RagnorakTres
New Recruit
New Recruit
RagnorakTres

PostSubject: Re: Something Left Behind   Something Left Behind EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 2:15 am

Oh sweet merciful Valkyries, it's moving towards me. Taran's heart beat a little faster as he looked around for an escape route. Alright, what advantages do I have, assuming it's just a beast? Canids, canids...great sense of smell, mostly colorblind, decent hearing with a wide range. Humans...well, we're adaptable, have opposable thumbs, use tools, think fast...trees. We can climb, most other animals have trouble with that. Alright, look for a low-hanging branch. Taran's golden-brown eyes flicked around, taking in as much of his surroundings as he possibly could.

Seeing an old, split elm directly to his left (conveniently not the direction the creature was approaching from), Taran got a running start, put a foot in the crotch of the tree and vaulted up, wrapping his left arm around a thick limb about 8 feet off the ground. Scrabbling with his feet, Taran got his body around the limb and swung his way up on top of the branch. Getting a foot underneath him, he reached up, grabbed the next limb up and pulled himself into a sitting position on top of it, putting another 4 feet of air and wood between himself and the leaf covered ground. Alright, if it's just a beast, I should be fine. If it's a demon, maybe it can be talked down. I know for a damn fact I'm in no condition to go fighting anything right now.

Taran peered down out of the tree. Spotting the beast, he made a risk assessment. Coming to a decision, he called out to the white hyena. "Alright, now that I'm fairly secure from canine-fanged molestation, are you a demon or am I talking to myself?"
------------------
EXP:
This Post: 321 +1TEXP (250+EXP Post)
Thread Total: 732 +2TEXP
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
LittleMariko

PostSubject: Re: Something Left Behind   Something Left Behind EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 10:27 pm

The smells became more interesting as Iskra got closer to the place where the young assassin had been sitting. For one, she smelled a bit of anxiety. Fear was a scent that even humans could pick up in high enough concentrations, though they might not be aware that the scent they detected was exactly that. It was a pleasant sort of scent, coppery like blood, and had a tendency to make fleeing prey easier to track.

Perhaps she might have figured out later rather than sooner that the stranger had decided to hide in a tree, but the mystery was solved for her when he called down.

Iskra sat, her blue eyes trailing slowly up the tree until she discerned the milky flesh of her quarry. For a moment, she smiled. She was beginning to develop tastes in humans, and he wasn't bad looking.

Ponderously, she walked over to the tree, not answering his question at first. Her entire manner appeared strangely thoughtful for a beast, her brows furrowed on her head and her steps careful.

At length, the large hyena looked up at the base of the branch that the human sat on, and with a single leap and a gust of cold wind, placed herself at the base of the branch he sat on.

After pulling herself up briefly, she looked down at the human and tilted her head to the side at the human, a certain wistfulness in her eyes like that of hunger.

And then she bit through the branch with one clean snap.

Not to say that she could fit the entire thing in her mouth, but the force of her jaws coming together with a white flash was sufficient to break through the wood.

[ EXP: 317 || +1 TEXP (1st post) ]

Back to top Go down
RagnorakTres
New Recruit
New Recruit
RagnorakTres

PostSubject: Re: Something Left Behind   Something Left Behind EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 12:10 am

Taran blinked when the hyena leapt up into the tree next to him. Thaaaaaaat's not normal. He stared back at the white beast, his lips pressed together in a thin line. He wasn't so much afraid anymore as he was irritated. This was just not fair.

The beast and the assassin stared at each other for a time, each inspecting the other. Then, the hyena bit the branch out from under him.

He looked down at the 12 feet of empty space underneath him. Shouldn't I be falling? He looked back up at the hyena and blinked at it once or twice. "Thanks for that. If you'll excuse me..."

And then the Son of Rhys fell. Curling up as he'd been taught, he landed on his calves and immediately sprang back up with a twist and a grimace. That's going to bruise deep. With a hand on his sheathed tanto, he tumbled back to put a few feet between himself and the tree, which the beast had yet to spring out of. "Don't suppose we could talk about this first? I mean, I'm only human..." Taran's mind flashed back to the stories the villagers had told him of his mother and father. Well, I think I'm only human. Probably. Yeah, I'm human. "...but I'm not all that interesting and, honestly, if you're looking for food, I'm all muscle and tendon. Disgustingly stringy, not to mention I actually bathe fairly regularly. Guarantee you would not enjoy how I taste." Taran was talking fast and backing away slowly, trying to get a bead on another tree that he could use as an escape route. The beast might be able to cheat and fly, but he could still disappear from tree to tree if he was quick and lucky. The beast's sense of smell was what he'd have to defeat...and he hadn't carried smoke bombs since that incident in Voriax three years ago. Taran still found pieces of shrapnel in his clothing occasionally.
------------------
EXP:
This Post: 370 +1TEXP (250+EXP Post)
Thread Total: 1102 +3TEXP
OOC: Yes, Taran is a Hito. Goron suppressed the fact that there were exceptional human beings. He didn't want anyone thinking they could challenge his place of power in the village.
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
LittleMariko

PostSubject: Re: Something Left Behind   Something Left Behind EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 12:19 am

Iskra sat in the tree, looking at the silly person.

And in response, she made an oddly, though ominously human noise.

Heh... heh... heh...

...or at least it started off sounding human. It rapidly escalated as the creature began to walk forward, laughing aloud in a weird, shrill, shrieking treble.

Her slow movements gave way to a rushdown, and if he couldn't avoid her surprising speed, she'd knock him down with her superior strength, for she was stronger than the average demon.

And if circumstances conspired to have him on his back, relatively helpless against the malign effects of her fangs, should she choose to use them, she would begin shrinking.

It would be an odd process, the way her flesh would shift until it was a human visage looking down on him and a woman's body atop his, her eyes having never changed and her hair the only evidence of her former coat. It was white and spotted and moved slightly with the momentum of the transformation.

"Bones are delicious. Better tell me how else you're useful."

[ EXP: 213 ]

Back to top Go down
RagnorakTres
New Recruit
New Recruit
RagnorakTres

PostSubject: Re: Something Left Behind   Something Left Behind EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 7:39 am

Sweet Valkyries take me, what is that sound? Taran's legs stopped working as the hyena's laugh got more and more insane. So much so, in point of fact, that he didn't move when it tackled him, even though his brain was basically screaming at his legs to get them the ever-loving fuck out of the way. His eyes involuntarily closed when he hit the ground and, when he opened them to inspect the weight on his chest, found...

Alright, let's be clear on what just happened. That cackle freaked me the fuck out, so I froze. This gave the beast a chance to knock me down and pin me, which it took with exceptional alacrity. The beast then turned into a fairly attractive woman who is currently straddling my chest. She is quite evidently a demon, because she's still talking about how she wants to eat me with absolutely no euphemisms implied.

I have the weirdest boner right now.
"Uhm....need anyone killed in an untraceable, publicly exposing and possibly extremely gory way? I'm kind of in the middle of a personal project just at the moment, but I think I could probably squeeze you into my schedule. Since, y'know, my life is completely at your mercy just at the moment. I'm also really good at getting into places I shouldn't be, so I suppose I could steal something for you. Or, I dunno, take embarrassing lithographs of your opposition? Do demons go in for blackmail?" Taran was speaking quickly, his voice more than anything betraying his terror, though he was getting steadily less afraid.

His fear was feeding back into his anger, which was quickly overcoming his terror. Goron used to do this kind of thing to him, though he had been more scarred by the emotional and social abuse than the physical or sexual. After all, what was the body but a temporary holding cell for the soul? Taran closed his eyes and took a deep breath in through his nose. All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think we become. We cannot see our reflection in running water. It is only in still water that we can see. I am not. Afraid. To die. And suddenly, he wasn't. Opening his eyes again, he met her gaze steadily and spoke assuredly. "Alternatively, you could get the hell off of me and we could have a reasonable discussion like civilized beings."
------------------
EXP:
This Post: 464 +1TEXP (250+EXP Post)
Thread Total: 1566 +4TEXP
OOC: If you are not a civilized being, please press 2 now.

Last edited by RagnorakTres on Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
LittleMariko

PostSubject: Re: Something Left Behind   Something Left Behind EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 8:06 am

Iskra looked down on the man, her brows furrowed. The first part was pretty okay, but the second part bothered her a bit. "Civilized... beings?" A confused look came over her visage. "The hell off of you?"

For a few moments, she didn't say anything at all, primarily because the last sentence made it sound like he was trying to intimidate her. She knew a few spells that she could establish her dominance with, and she wasn't sure which one to use. There was the classic "turn him into a girl", but it might be overkill for the moment. She didn't want to scare him away. There was the "turn him into a goat" option as well, but she didn't want to tempt herself with a good meal and conversing with a goat was pretty difficult, not because of the language barrier, but because they tended to freak out so easily.

She could cast a frost spell on him just to let him know she meant business, but that would be a direct attack and probably provoke aggression when she really did just want to talk. Besides, he was, as they say, "cute". She didn't want to bring him to any permanent harm.

Slowly, in her oddly ponderous way that persisted even through the changing of her form, she would lean down until their cheeks touched and her mouth was near his ear.

"Very well then," she whispered. "You're very brave. I like that. I'd be happy if you could squeeze me into that tightness, human. I'd be very happy." Her tongue flicked out to lick his ear before she continued in a low growl. "Kuum nagu päike; märjad nagu vihm"

The words didn't have any inherit meaning in the standard language, but in reality she was projecting her spiritual energy onto him in the form of pain that she'd absorbed from numberless spirit-bearing prey in the past. Should it affect him, he would soon feel all the sensations that accompanied having ones body eaten alive by a pack of ninety starving hyenas, though it would occur in great bursts of agony every few moments.

With that, she'd move herself backwards off of the man's body, allowing him to stand to his feet or move freely if he wanted. "What do you know about Mare Maris?"

[ EXP: 437 || +1 TEXP (1st post) ]

Back to top Go down
Dice Roller
Veteran
Veteran

Rep! : 5

PostSubject: Re: Something Left Behind   Something Left Behind EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 8:06 am

The member 'LittleMariko' has done the following action : Dices roll

'[ Mastered ]' :
Something Left Behind ZETA
Back to top Go down
RagnorakTres
New Recruit
New Recruit
RagnorakTres

PostSubject: Re: Something Left Behind   Something Left Behind EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 8:29 pm

Damn it, woman, cease thy lascivious advances! The words Iskra whispered into his ear were simultaneously alluring and disturbing. The first bit was alright, if a bit...forward for a first encounter, but the last phrase...it hurt his ears, in some semi-indescribable fashion. It burned cold in his soul, for lack of a better descriptor. Nonetheless, she got off of him, and he stood up. "Thank you, m'lrrrk." Taran almost swallowed his tongue the pain was so intense. It felt like some blunt instrument had torn open his gut, a vise had clamped onto his entrails and then been torn out with absolutely no ceremony. Turning his head to the side, Taran vomited hard, splattering the very nice breakfast the family in the Village of the Sun had cooked for him all over the forest floor.

Looking back up with bleary eyes, Taran met Iskra's gaze. "Th' hell wash 'at? Wha'd you do to me? Nev'mind, duzn't mat'r..." Taran threw up again, this time to the other side as another spasm of pain wracked his body. "Mare Mar's...got some contacts'ere. Been a couple years. Might have to..." And again with the projectile vomiting. Taran wondered fleetingly how much he had actually eaten, there seemed to be a lot more vomit than there had been food. Can't really do anything about it just this moment, but I'll remember this unnecessary embarrassment, beast woman. The pain seemed to be receding, at least temporarily. He could still feel it in the back of his mind, a dull ache that he knew wasn't going away immediately. But he had a respite now, however temporary, and he took full advantage of it, stripping down to his mesh undershirt and cloth leggings to avoid getting his over-clothes dirty.

Turning back to the demon, Taran was completely composed, despite his state of dishabille. "As I was saying. It's been a couple years since my contacts in Mare Maris have seen me. Consider my consultation fee deferred, what kind of job is it you want done? Assassination, acquisition, reconnaissance, blackmail, any combination thereof?" Or, could you possibly keep me from painting the forest with the contents of my stomach again? That'd be really nice. Taran's voice and demeanor were purely professional, but his mind was another story.
------------------
UPDATED BIO: THREAD COUNT RESET
EXP:
This Post: 453 +1TEXP (Post in 2 different RPs)
Thread Total: 453 +1TEXP
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
LittleMariko

PostSubject: Re: Something Left Behind   Something Left Behind EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 8:45 pm

Iskra found herself little surprised by the sudden show of the other's breakfast. The spirit did little more than seat herself on a mossy log and politely wait for him to finish vomiting. As a hyena, she wasn't grossed out in the slightest. In her days as a beast, she might have ripped open a stomach and eaten the contents straight from the source. It was little more to her than watching the juices ooze out of a roasting fowl.

"You're welcome." Her voice was passive, as though nothing unusual or sinister were transpiring at all. "I don't want you to kill anyone. In fact, you won't have to put yourself in much danger at all." A toothy grin slid across the woman's face. "It will be like a vacation, my friend. All expense paid... rather, I will pay you for information about the army there. A young man not unlike yourself attacked me there, I suspect because of my race." She held her arms wide. "I can't help what I am, but they can help being prejudiced, don't you think? There's no other alternative."

"So will you do me this small favor?" There was an intensity in her blue eyes as she leaned forwards, propping her elbows up on her knees. "I want to know everything you can find out about their defenses. Do they train their men? What are they equipped with? What are their numbers and quality of armor? These answers will please me."

He looked like he may become sick again, and it occurred to the demon that the human probably knew to respect her now. Rather, she thought that he wouldn't be in the best shape to continue if the poisonous influence of her magic continued to act on him. "If you agree, I can fix you. Come now. Bring your neck over here."

[ EXP: 347 ]

Back to top Go down
RagnorakTres
New Recruit
New Recruit
RagnorakTres

PostSubject: Re: Something Left Behind   Something Left Behind EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 4:42 pm

"I can and will. Consider the contract sealed. I'll need some other details, but that's all they are: details." Alright, she's probably not going to kill me, not if she wants me to do something for her. Nodding, Taran walked over and knelt in front of the demon, tilting his head back and to the side to expose his jugular. One would assume she seeks dominance as a pack animal, this should hrrk. Taran suppressed the sudden urge to vomit as the pain started up again. I will not vomit on her, I will not vomit on her, I will not vomit on her, dear gods this hurts. His face was a mask of exquisite pain but, as he had been expecting the pain this time, he was able to keep from heaving, though not without having to bite his tongue hard enough to taste blood.

His fists clenched involuntarily and his every muscle contracted in pain, though there was an interesting distance within his conscious mind. He noticed that it wasn't actually his body or his nerves that were hurting, but rather a separate entity that, until just now, he had not been able to perceive within himself. The section of his mind that he saw as a still pool, that never-ending font of absolute calm he had first tapped to endure Goron's sick torments was not only still rational but completely unaffected by this pain. He strove to reach it, to let it's calm waters fill him and soothe him as it had before, but it receded out of his reach...for now.
------------------
EXP:
This Post: 292 EXP +1TEXP (2 different RPs)
Thread Total: 745 EXP +2TEXP
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
LittleMariko

PostSubject: Re: Something Left Behind   Something Left Behind EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 7:33 am

Iskra didn't hesitate once his throat was in range. She simply reached out, pulled it right up to her mouth, and licked it once, releasing him immediately afterwards.

Now she was aware that humans sometimes viewed the "neck lick" as a bit of a lewd gesture, but she never really let it bother her on issues of practicality like this. Namely, her tongue left a thin coat of saliva on his flesh, a coat that seemed alive and moving and glowed a very faint blue. The liquid would sink past the skin and into the large bloodstream, traveling throughout his body and taking with it a healing power and a slight pleasurable feeling that would destroy the pain she'd inflicted earlier.

"It's settled then." The woman's smile became somewhat more benevolent. After all, she had to respect him now that they were in an employer-employee relationship, and he was sort of handsome in that weird, human kind of way.

"Do you have any further questions before I leave you to do your thing?"

[ EXP: 204 || +1 TEXP (1st post) ]

Back to top Go down
RagnorakTres
New Recruit
New Recruit
RagnorakTres

PostSubject: Re: Something Left Behind   Something Left Behind EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 4:31 pm

That...now that is new. Taran had never been licked on the throat before. It was an interestingly demeaning sensation, especially since he hadn't thought to shave since leaving Hamzah. As compensation for the demeaning nature of the action, however, Iskra's saliva seemed to have healing properties as the pain, however it had been affecting him, seemed to be completely gone, and his shins were no longer threatening to bruise.

After she released him, he stood and returned to his neatly folded clothing stack. As he dressed himself, he rattled off a series of perfunctory questions, simple queries that he would ask of any client. "When do you want this information delivered? What kind of proof do you want? Where would you like the meeting to be, or would you prefer a dead-drop? Are there any other operatives like myself in the area? How can I know if I'm dealing with an associate of yours? A simple code phrase-response pattern would suffice. Am I a deniable asset or will you get me exfil if I need it? Am I cleared to kill anyone in my way or do I need to be absolutely discreet? And, to indulge in a little personal curiosity, what are you looking to use this information for? If you're planning on taking over Mare Maris, I'd like permission to warn at least my contacts and their families, I hate burning a contact and some of these people have seen me through rougher seas than they had any obligation to." Taran finished dressing and turned to meet Iskra's eyes, his gaze calm and his detachment professional.
------------------
EXP:
This Post: 307 +1TEXP (250+EXP in one day)
Thread Total: 1052 +3TEXP
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
LittleMariko

PostSubject: Re: Something Left Behind   Something Left Behind EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 7:05 pm

It was another incident that induced the woman to furrow her brows. A lot of things about dealing with humans was complicated, and when they talked that fast, the confusion only compounded. She'd learned, however, to just slowly go through these things mentally, reducing them to a single string of information and thoughts, but the process constituted a bottleneck in her brain.

So she was quiet for a moment, looking as though she were deep in thought until finally she spoke.

"I want it as soon as you find out something interesting," she began, somewhat vaguely, though she assumed he would know what she meant by interesting. Her tone was very polite, with a slight hint of friendliness, which contrasted her words at points. "I don't need proof. If you are wrong, I will find you by your scent and eat you. I would prefer if we met in my estate in the eastern woods close to Medius. If you ask any random villagers in that segment of the woods, they will be able to point you towards me. I'm somewhat famous there. If there are other operatives, I do not know them. I have no associates in Mare Maris, which is why I have so little information. If I do acquire one, however, I will give you a passcode that you can know them by next time we meet. I'd prefer if you were discreet. When we start the war, there will be plenty of bloodshed. You can participate then, if it's your thing. Yes, I am taking over Mare Maris. Most of the men will be slaughtered or enslaved, and most of the women of childbearing age will be used for that purpose. If you wish for your friends to avoid that fate, feel free to warn them. Most people are to me as you humans consider beasts and demons: useful things to be used or pests to be killed. Friends and friends of friends are different."

She breathed a long sigh, as though afraid that her answers might have made her appear incompetent if she didn't exercise absolute vigilance over what she said. "Are there any more questions, friend?"

[ EXP: 404 || +1 TEXP (5th post) ]

Back to top Go down
RagnorakTres
New Recruit
New Recruit
RagnorakTres

PostSubject: Re: Something Left Behind   Something Left Behind EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 8:49 pm

Taran smirked a little, getting most of the answers he was expecting. "Rather a vicious penalty for failure." Though still preferable to Goron. At least it would be over quickly. "In any case, that suits me fine. I hate unnecessary killing. There's only the question of exfil...er, extraction if I'm caught. Basically, will you send someone after me or am I on my own?"

After receiving his reply, Taran nodded cursorily. "Alright. I will set off within the week. I need to rest up and resupply at the Village of the Moon first, however. It's been a long month." Taran's golden-brown eyes showed how tired he was, even though his bearing was upright, controlled and professional. "I actually do have some other questions, but they have nothing to do with your mission and, frankly, I'm too tired to ask them right now. May I reserve the right to make my inquiries after I've reported?" And, incidentally, after I have more information on the cartel. Maybe a demonic employer won't be all bad.

The Son of Rhys reflected that this turn of events was probably slightly more fortuitous to his tracking of the cartel than any thus far. Now he had an excuse to go to Mare Maris. Slav "Orpheus" Virillium. The first lieutenant in the cartel, lives in Mare Maris, bachelor, controls a decent size weapon smithing company that does business with everyone who has enough money to make it worth his while. Rich enough to pay the constabulary to look the other way on his less legal deals, strong enough to keep order in his own house, charismatic enough to have the people believing he's an honest businessman. Getting information out of you will be...interesting, Orpheus. I may have to call in a few favors. I wonder if Silph still lives in Mare Maris...

Taran's eyes snapped back to focus when Iskra answered. "Very well. It occurs to me, we have not yet truly introduced ourselves, have we?" Holding out a hand, Taran smiled genuinely, a rare gesture from the young man. "I am Taran Taradell, the Son of Rhys Taradell, professional infiltrator and assassin. My will is strong and my code is strict. May you always walk in peace, sister." If Iskra offered her hand in return, he raised it to his lips and kissed it gently on the third knuckle, as befit a gentleman of any status greeting a lady. Putting aside the casual torture and threat of nigh-instantaneous death, she's fairly attractive, in a savage, "kill you as soon as look at you" kind of way...best not go down that path, Taran. That way lie dragons. Or possibly unnaturally large canids.
------------------
EXP:
This Post: 514 +1TEXP (250+EXP in a day)
Thread Total: 1566 +4TEXP
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
LittleMariko

PostSubject: Re: Something Left Behind   Something Left Behind EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 10:01 pm

The man went so very fast. Her brows furrowed again. More time passed.

At length she responded that she wasn't sure if she'd have any way of knowing if he was in trouble, as Mare Maris was very far from her usual course. Perhaps if he befriended a rat oni or a crow one or something small and mobile, then things would go easier for him as he'd have someone to tell her if he needed help.

Then there were more questions. She felt like a man who, having fell out of a boat, struggled to keep his head above the figurative waves. And the waves were his questions.

So she answered again that he could ask whatever he felt like. After all, there were no harm in questions. She didn't like keeping people in the dark.

For a moment, she simply stared at the extended hand before she remembered what it was for. A human greeting ceremony... like sniffing genitals, but with hands instead of noses and posteriors. With a grin of relief that the questions were over for now, she vigorously shook his hand, once again advertising her unusual strength, even for a demon.

"My name is Iskra. I'm a hyena from an exiled clan. They're all deceased, but it's my ambition to make a new family and to make a safe haven so my new blood and legacy doesn't meet the same fate."

A mission statement with a greeting seemed proper. "I'm famous around these regions for my brothel. If you plan to buy some time on your stop by, I could save you a virgin. It's the least I could do."

[ EXP: 301 ]

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Something Left Behind   Something Left Behind Empty

Back to top Go down

Something Left Behind
Page 1 of 1