Shintheory Role-Playing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shintheory Role-Playing

Welcome to the HUB of Shintheory Roleplaying!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Among Merchants *

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

Rep! : 56

Among Merchants * Empty
PostSubject: Among Merchants *   Among Merchants * EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 8:56 pm

Jyn'Rai

Just before departing Rajeh, I would come to the conclusion that I had too much ‘crap’ being carried with me. As it would turn out, I had accumulated several very common items and my bag was getting heavier and heavier. Generally when this occurred, I would have to consolidate things and actually get items that were of some value. With that though in mind, I decided that it would be best for me to get some shopping done in the local market place. Rajeh had a large tribal market being a big village and all. Due to that, the competition for goods would probably be high. Still, as a novice when it came to actually bartering items as highlighted in my previous attempt where I tried to get Yuki a good deal on his sword, I would turn to my friends in this time of commerce. Due to the fact that I seem to be getting into more and more scraps lately, I figured it was due time to get some protection in the form of buffered clothing. If I were lucky I would be able to get some leather padding for my clothing to help protect me from damage impact. For the venture into the merchant district, which I would be currently walking and perusing, I would have employed the aid of my merchant friend, Rashn.

Last edited by aѕceпxion on Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kiun
Intern
Intern
Kiun

Rep! : 10

Among Merchants * Empty
PostSubject: Re: Among Merchants *   Among Merchants * EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 10:45 pm

Following instep with his friend, Rashn would ponder the question of whether or not this was to be considered true payback for Jyn’rai’s job as his bodyguard. Sure, he had given the other man a ride to his destination, and the bodyguard deal was more or less just an excuse to let him aboard, this time around, the roles seemed to have been reversed. While Rashn was definitely no guardian or anything, he was still currently under the employment of the other man. This was fine, and was not unusual, but it seemed to be similar to the other situation. He wondered, then, if this was to make things even for that, what should he consider to do in repayment towards Jyn offering his home? That was a fairly big debt to pay, even if it was only for two days. He’d have to think of some way to make it up to him. But, that was for a different time. Now, it was all business.

“Do you know what you’re looking for?” Rashn would ask, without really caring as to what the actual object(s) was(were). Jyn’s business was his own, and that was fine. But, regardless of personal dealings or not, Rashn was still going to be doing some work with this, so since he was involved, he would obviously need to be let in on it. What’s more, perhaps he was looking for something that was sold by an acquaintance of Rashn’s where he could possibly get a better deal. Since the two were officially ‘friends’ now, the auburn merchant would do his best to help Jyn in his endeavors, and get him the best possible discount.
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

Among Merchants * Empty
PostSubject: Re: Among Merchants *   Among Merchants * EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 10:51 pm

Jyn'Rai

“Yes,” comes the affirmation as I assure him I had something in mind. Due to the fact that they often acted as polar opposites of females, it was my belief that a man should know what he wanted when he went to go get it. What other reason would someone have to go into a merchant district unless they wanted something specific? Window shopping would then be presented as over rated due to the fact that a sophisticated person would know what merchants should and shouldn’t carry, so in crowded areas like this, the chance of coming across something extremely rare for a good price was rare in itself due to the number of hits each merchant would naturally get in a larger population. Though in opposing myself, I did know that with the rise in population, there would also be the rise in merchant numbers meaning that it would also be easy for a merchant to be drowned in competition even if he did have something rare and valuable. Either way, I continue, “I want to get some leather padding to with my cloths. I guess the merchants would call it light armor? I remember seeing it somewhere else and the merchant there showed it to me, but I decided not to buy at that moment.” Looking to him in my saunter, I would admit, “since you’re the master, I’ll let you pick out the merchant we speak to and do all the talking… I’ll just take notes.”

272 / 515
Back to top Go down
Kiun
Intern
Intern
Kiun

Among Merchants * Empty
PostSubject: Re: Among Merchants *   Among Merchants * EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 11:03 pm

Rashn nodded. “I see, good then. As long as you know what you want.” Similar to Jyn, Rashn also was not a fan of window shopping. The only major difference being that he himself was forced to. As his entire job rested around finding or creating good deals for great items, he often spent entire days looking just for one or two things. It wasn’t particularly fun, but it put food on the table, so it was what he would do. The topic of leather armor, though, makes him frown a bit. He was not particularly well versed in leather artists, as that was a very specific type of item. While it was true he had dealt in leather before, it was mostly in small scraps sold to craftsmen. Still, there were one or two people he knew who he could go to, and one of them was relatively close by, thankfully. “Then, if I’m allowed to pick, let’s go this way. It’s just a couple stalls down, actually, so we’ll get there quickly.” Honestly he was not sure if going to such a tough-as-nails dealer as they were was the best option, he was the only one he had actually dealt with before. The other one was known as an excellent tailor, but he was on the other side of the city, and there was no reason to go out of their way, seeing as the one they were nearby was certainly good enough. I mean, were he not, he wouldn’t still be in business, right?
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

Among Merchants * Empty
PostSubject: Re: Among Merchants *   Among Merchants * EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 11:21 pm

Jin'Rai

Having delegated the task of finding a suitable merchant mate for our transaction, I would nod with the new direction set by Rashn moving with him through the district. While walking, I would pretty much be sightseeing around the area, taking in visuals of the different stalls and what they had to offer. I figured since we had a place in mind already, that Rashn knew the merchant we would be going to see; that made this even better since it would reduce the time it took to get things done. Then after this we could get something to eat, or something to that nature. For the moment, I wouldn’t say much as I were simply walking with him and looking around; nothing really was on my mind to talk about, which was good because you knew you were really comfortable around someone when you didn’t feel the need to constantly fill dead air with talk, which like how husbands and wives can go long spans of time without the desire to speak or even look at one another… or something to that extent.

200 / 715
Back to top Go down
Kiun
Intern
Intern
Kiun

Among Merchants * Empty
PostSubject: Re: Among Merchants *   Among Merchants * EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 11:42 pm

Rashn would take point in this mission, as Jyn stayed back to enjoy the scenery. It was a fairly pretty place, despite it being nearly entirely made of, well, sand. Honestly if Rashn knew anything else, all the sand everywhere would likely make him vomit. Still, it was all he knew, so he was somewhat forced into accepting and begrudgingly loving it. None of that was important, however, as the two would turn the corner and be right outside the shop. While the streets were fairly busy, the store itself wasn’t that populated. One or two people seemed to be inside, which was good. If there weren’t many people, that would be less pressure on the man running the store to finish up and deal with the others. But, the more popular he was, the less need he would have in making a deal with Rashn in particular. Honestly, it was probably perfect in terms of activity.

Pushing the tarp covering the entrance aside, Rashn would enter, expecting Jyn to be right behind him. If it turned out that he was in fact following closely, Rashn would stop and wait for him to make a decision. “Alright, just tell me when you’ve identified which ones you want. Pick out your pieces and then tell me, and I’ll see what I can do about getting you a deal.” He wondered for a moment what the exact cause of Jyn’s sudden desire was, and exactly how much he wanted. Did he just need some upper armor, or perhaps an entire set? The whole body plus the head? And for what reason? Did he have the intent to go somewhere dangerous? As a friend and a man, Rashn felt like he was obligated to help him out in some way if he was going to put his life on the line, but at the same time… that sounded dangerous, and he didn’t particularly like danger anyway.
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

Among Merchants * Empty
PostSubject: Re: Among Merchants *   Among Merchants * EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 11:51 pm

Jyn'Rai

I am led into a store, and in passing through the tarp with my fellow cohort, I would behold that was the interior of the shop. With the verbal instructions, I nod and confirm, “got it.” With that, my eyes would scan around the store and the various things it had to offer. This would be a fairly swift process, but I would see some leather garbs that looked interesting and somewhat comfortable as well as leather padding that seemed to work in a similar manner. Though I would already have it, for RP sake, the Battousai Mask would be validated at this point as a ‘heavy clothe headpiece.’ Approaching a display, I would indicate the things I wanted to get while murmur to Rashn, “I think these things would do nicely…” As for paying with the, I would continue to keep my voice low between the two of us. “The ‘stuff’ I showed you before is what I have to trade for this…” Of course during this time, I would have been carrying a small bag of things with us, because it would be odd if they just magically showed up now. I would pat my sack and comment, “do you think I can get these three things for my stuff?...” I would allow him to show me his skills in bartering to see if they were any better than mine.

Items:

Heavy Clothe Headpiece “Battousai Mask” / 1 Density (Head)
Common

Leather Garbs / 3 Density (Upper body/Arms)
Uncommon

Leather Padding / 3 Density (Lower body/Feet)
Uncommon

The Stuff:

23 Very Common Items

284 / 999
Back to top Go down
Kiun
Intern
Intern
Kiun

Among Merchants * Empty
PostSubject: Re: Among Merchants *   Among Merchants * EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 12:14 am

Rashn would casually glance at the bag and, discerning more the quantity than the quality of it, would loosely think it over. “Yeah, you probably can.” He was not entirely certain, as for whatever reason, recently his ability to barter and trade was not what it once was. Was god having fun with him? There was no reason to, I mean, it’s not like being good at trading was overpowered or anything. Maybe god hated him. Well, as a man, he would have to deal with it without complaining. That was the way the desert raised people anyway, so he was used to it.

From there, Rashn would call out the man behind the desk, and greet him casually. It was best, in his opinion, to start off without too much interest, but one does not want to be aloof either. It needs to be clear that you want something, but do not appear desperate. If there was a book with all the merchant rules Rashn had learned, it would likely weigh so much that it would break his wooden carriage with ease. In response to his greeting, the gruff man would fold his arms and nod in recognition. He wasn’t very talkative, but that was okay, and was pretty much outright expected. “If possible,” Rashn would say with an uncharacteristic smile, “I’d like to make a purchase of these three items.” It was here he would point them out, and the man would waste no time in reaching over and pulling them out. No words would come from his lips, but this would not intimidate someone like Rashn. He had dealt with all kinds of people, so he was mentally prepared for even the most uncouth of them all. ‘Bartering Mode’ was in full effect now, even if it were not officially registered as a technique by the gods. That just made it a secret technique is all, which sounded a lot cooler than a normal old technique.

Moving on, Rashn would spill the contents of Jyn’s bag over the counter in an attempt to start the official part of the negotiations. His eyes would glance through them each in particular at this point, and would point out the many uses that some of the particular things had to a leatherworker like himself. It didn’t work. Fine, they were really just small objects anyway. But, he knew even a man like him had to eat, and eating leather was never an option. With that failure, he would point out that, aside from their leatherworker usages, they would sell fairly well among the travelling merchant crowd. Since they often dealt in various goods (this Rashn knew from personal experience, as he was in fact one of those such people), they’d be willing to buy them without doubt. Pretty much everything had value to them. With that, he would point out, he could purchase his food supply from them. The amount that Jyn’rai’s bag contained could purchase him enough to last for a couple weeks if he portioned it correctly.

This seemed to have some effect on the man, as he went into thought for a short while. The silence was broken as he agreed, nodding his head once in a very tough and manly fashion. The deal was not particularly great, but it was still good enough. Worse comes to worse, Rashn would have to pitch in a little bit. No problem, he had more than enough at his disposal, and helping his friend wouldn’t be an issue.

Roll: Barter [Honed]
Back to top Go down
Dice Roller
Veteran
Veteran

Rep! : 5

Among Merchants * Empty
PostSubject: Re: Among Merchants *   Among Merchants * EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 12:14 am

The member 'Kiun' has done the following action : Dices roll

'[ Honed ]' :
Among Merchants * BETA
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

Among Merchants * Empty
PostSubject: Re: Among Merchants *   Among Merchants * EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 12:22 am

Jyn'Rai

My gaze would shift to the man who came from behind the desk. I would watch as the events unfolded. I would put my trust in Rashn as he took hold of my sack. My contents would spill out over the counter, displaying my private parts that I had collected over time. Rashn was so rough, yet so manly; it felt as if he knew what he was doing and that I could trust him fully. The silence seemed to be fine for Rashn, but it made me a bit uneasy. I would attempt to boost the efforts by interjecting, “that’s some good stuff there big guy. You shouldn’t pass on this!” A casual smile would be shot his way; I figured the worst that could happen was Rashn would look at me with a ‘STFU noob’ glance and I would lose cool points. Well, in thinking further, the worst that could happen would be if the merchant thought I was coming onto him and then kidnapped me to make sweet love in the back, but I didn’t think that it would come to that. Still, I wondered what type of value would be on such a thing and if anyone could just give up the ‘goods’ without a certain profession.

216 / 1215

* Attempting to help his Barter
Back to top Go down
Dice Roller
Veteran
Veteran

Rep! : 5

Among Merchants * Empty
PostSubject: Re: Among Merchants *   Among Merchants * EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 12:22 am

The member 'aѕceпxion' has done the following action : Dices roll

'[ Novice ]' :
Among Merchants * BETA
Back to top Go down
Kiun
Intern
Intern
Kiun

Among Merchants * Empty
PostSubject: Re: Among Merchants *   Among Merchants * EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 6:00 am

Rashn was surprise as his friend interjected, and his merchant counterpart seemed to mirror his expression. Well, wasn’t that impressive? So he had the balls to come into a fight uninvited. Spunk. How nice. Admittedly, Rashn doubted that the man would allow two different people to argue over the same items simultaneously, and he also doubted that the god of merchant-eering would allow it either. That said, with his recent nerf to his ability, the merchant god was also being a major dickhead meaniepie bitch less than kind, so perhaps he could overlook the situation just this once? It was common that people would combine their strengths and abilities to form a technique twice as powerful, so maybe it would work. Y’know, just this once.

Regardless, through foresight and a just-in-case type of mindset, Rashn had prepared his camels with all of his things. They would have followed the two of them unnoticed like some sort of soundproof ninja-camels. This would naturally have been true the entire time, regardless of the result of any other-worldly luckbased events, and would definitely NOT be due to magic. If it was necessary, Rashn was both willing and had the means to contribute and chip in. It was in his power, so even if the God of Bartering continued to be an asshole uncooperative, preparations were in place.
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

Among Merchants * Empty
PostSubject: Re: Among Merchants *   Among Merchants * EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 6:19 pm

Jyn'Rai

With my interjection, I wasn’t sure if I did something good or not. For the moment, the situation, or rather post… or rather situation seemed to be in limbo for the moment as if some miracle would suddenly occur with the gates of heaven opening allowing forth a bounty of blessings. This wouldn’t be the broken gates of the pseudo heavens, but rather the super gully pearly ones of the one true force that ran the site… or rather world. I would look between Rashn and the merchant with anticipation to see what needed to be further done at that point. It didn’t seem like the merchant had responded, so in that case, I wondered if perhaps our super natural powers of bartering had somehow put him into a comatose state of awe, the likes of which would need smelling salt to get out of. For the moment I wouldn’t say anything, I would continue to allow Rashn to lead the way regardless of the outcome. If we lost here, it would not be the end of the world; we would simply resolve to come back stronger and in greater force next time to topple the regime of oppositional fate.

216 / 1431

* Attempting to help his Barter
Back to top Go down
Kiun
Intern
Intern
Kiun

Among Merchants * Empty
PostSubject: Re: Among Merchants *   Among Merchants * EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 10:01 pm

With the miraculous arrival of his camel brigade, Rashn would be in a rather comfortable position and there would be no doubt of their ability to obtain the necessary items. If his friend wanted something, then they would get it: this was what Rashn had deemed to be, and so, without a doubt, it would most definitely become true. As a man, it was in his power to alter reality to fit his needs. Retreating to the entrance, the redhaired merchant would lift some barrels from the back and bring them in as ‘back-up’. If the god’s of bartering were not going to be on his side and would stand against him, he would not argue nor fight them. No, fighting something meant there was an implication of losing. That, Rashn decided, was not going to be. He would outright crush the gods themselves if they chose to stand against them. While somewhat out of character that he would be so blunt in opposing something, it was actually his true nature: no mercy in a battle between merchants. Confrontation was something he hated, but he was not going to just step down if it was something important. The hotbloodedness of his man-blood was awakened to that point, at the very least.

As the situation had escalated, it would likely cool down just as rapidly. With his reinforcements’ timely arrival, Jyn’rai would be able to get all three treasures he sought. Rashn himself would need to reevaluate his priorities in life, and realized he still had much to learn when it came to being a merchant. These humbling experiences, though rare, stung extra hard, especially when faith was put into him by a close friend. He would surely not fail again, but for now, he would avoid total failure with his backup plan pulling through. The man behind the counter would accept it all, and the two manly men would be able to leave with their objective completed, though not in such a clean and friendly manner as they likely originally intended.
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

Among Merchants * Empty
PostSubject: Re: Among Merchants *   Among Merchants * EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 5:29 pm

Jyn'Rai

I watch Rashn’s movements in awe of his determination and valor. His pride as a merchant shone in a manner that white washed the entire shop, and as the angels heralded in the background, it was obvious that this was a scene in time that children would tell their grandchildren of Rashn’s generosity for generations to come. Or something like that. I didn’t really understand all that was going on, but at the end of it, it looked like I had gotten everything that I needed. “Cool…” would be the observational message to accompany this understanding despite the overall lack thereof. Since the shopping seemed to be over with and the battle of merchant wills was over, I held up my shiny new things and smiled much like a child with a candied apple. With an evident lack of home training, I would equip the items right there which involved me semi stripping to apply it properly. Still vague on the actual process, an illustration of the purchased items would be coming later; that part wasn’t important at the moment. After getting adjusted and into my garbs, I would exit the shop in high stepping manner happy for the favor having been done. With a grin, I would turn around to Rashn who should inevitably be walking with me; his distance in proximity of my body would determine the volume of my voice as I would ask, “so… hungry?”

269 / 1700
Back to top Go down
Kiun
Intern
Intern
Kiun

Among Merchants * Empty
PostSubject: Re: Among Merchants *   Among Merchants * EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 9:21 pm

Rashn would not be phased by his friend’s near nudity. Unlike feminine nudity, male nudity was something he was rather accustomed to. As inappropriate as that may sound, its truth comes simply from the fact that Rashn himself is, in fact, a man. He’s had to change his clothes multiple times in order to try and clean them and rid them of their vast weight in sand. So, as long as it is not full-on nekkidness, Rashn had no qualms about another man undressing in his vicinity. It was slightly tactless and he did not approve of doing it in a store as that likely would harm the other merchant’s view of him seeing as the two were associated together, but it was such a quick thing that no big problems would arise in all likelihood. Following that, Rashn would naturally continue behind his friend as the two left, and he would grip the reins of his camels silently. Their miraculous arrival had saved the day, so he owed them some treats later.

The offer of food then comes, and Rashn notes that he is feeling somewhat hungry. “I could eat.” Is his answer, and he wonders if Jyn’rai had anyplace in particular in mind. As a merchant, Rashn would eat nearly anything that he could buy for cheap, so the type of food and amount was not really a problem. It would be up to his friend to decide where they would go to. Restaurants were not his forte anyway so it was likely for the best. He was more of a ‘take-out’ kind of guy anyway. “If you have a preference, that’s fine. Just lead the way.”
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

Among Merchants * Empty
PostSubject: Re: Among Merchants *   Among Merchants * EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 7:54 pm

Jyn'Rai

“Great!” I would mention with the agreement to get some grub. As things would turn out, we were in the perfect area to do just that. Though the merchant district did have a lot of commodity shops, there were bound to be something to eat here as well; it would be the equivalent to the Taco Bus pulling up to a large business district to sell food in the parking lot. I turn around to gaze about in the market area that we were currently in, trying to locate something good; chances were I would go for barbeque of some sort because it would be easy to eat on the go. For this I would use my super abilities at sensing and detecting grub, which doesn’t really exist in reality, but did in a small corner of my mind as something silly yet very serious at the same time. Seeing a very large butcher like vendor in the distance with smoke rising from a wooden cart that was behind him, I would point and say, “that will do.” With that, I would lead the way and assure the merchant, “no worries, my treat since you helped me by this stuff!” With that, he would have the assurance that the bill was on me.

It wasn’t until I reached the merchant selling the food that I realized during ordering, that I had spent everything I had in the process of performing the purchase that we had just completed. Oddly enough, after ordering the food, the large merchant with the greasy mustache that hung down on both sides of his lips remarked, “oh ho. No problem my good friend; here you eat now, yes? Don’t worry about the payment.” With that, he would offer both Rashn and I a portion of seemingly delectable ribs and would be looking for anticipation to see if we would accept such a thing. “Wow, you’re pretty nice guy, thanks,” I would say, reaching out for the merchant whose eyes seemed to be gleaming with hope that I would take the food and the same with Rashn.

373 / 2073
Back to top Go down
Kiun
Intern
Intern
Kiun

Among Merchants * Empty
PostSubject: Re: Among Merchants *   Among Merchants * EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 10:33 pm

Following behind Jyn the entire way, Rashn had no qualms with eating at a mobile-smokehouse. It was a bit unorthodox, but if you could sell goods and wares out the back of a moving carriage, why couldn’t you run a restaurant-style operation as well? It made perfect sense in retrospect. What did not, however, was the offer of ‘free’ food. While he was happy at that fact that Jyn offered to pay, he was somewhat skeptical about the goods he was being offered for no price. This merchant couldn’t be so well off as to be able to offer free food to strangers. If he was, he wouldn’t be selling out of a cart: he’d have his own store. There was definitely an ulterior motive somewhere. It came down to three possibilities which Rashn instantly recognized as a fellow merchant: one, it was poison. Two, they were being used as guinea pigs for some sort of new food. And, finally, three, the man was using them to demonstrate how good his food was in order to attract more paying customers. While it was clear the first option was a rather bad one, the other two were fairly common and understandable business practices. Rashn himself had a tendency to give a good deal out to someone who belonged to a guild or caravan of merchants in hopes that he would spread the word and get them to come to his shop later.

Throwing away his sense of caution, Rashn would decide to follow the instincts of his friend and take the offered food. It did look good… he had an eye for things that had been negatively tampered with. Most of the time, spiked foods would have an unnatural gloss to them and would slide in one’s grip. There was the very real possibility that poisons had evolved without his noticing, as things have a tendency to do, but he did not want to upset his friend, so he would bite into the ribs with some hesitation. It tasted good. Not amazing, but good. No immediate problems in the taste, so further consumption seemed safe. With that out of the way, Rashn’s lack of socializing experience would show again as he stumbled internally over what to say or do. He had never been out to eat with a friend before, so he was not entirely sure what to do. Should he say something? Or was that wrong? No no no, talking was very important in relationships. Likely more-so in friendships. Being a rather non-talkative person was a disadvantage at this point, though. “Good choice?” It was meant to be a compliment, but with his self-doubt rising, it likely came out more as a question than a statement.
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

Among Merchants * Empty
PostSubject: Re: Among Merchants *   Among Merchants * EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 6:33 pm

Jyn'Rai

Already in the process of accepting the gift, I would see Rashn do the same. Happy to be getting some food from a benevolent merchant, I take the hot portion of meat and ribs in my hand and then proceed to eat from it around the same time that Rashn digs in. I nod in agreement with Rashn as I say, “this is pretty good.” Much like the Burger King king handing people burgers in bed and watching them eat it in a creepy manner, the merchant stood by and watched us eat with a kind smile on his face, seemingly glad that we were enjoying it. Looking to the merchant, I would raise the meet in a parting manner and thank, “I appreciate it, sir.” With that, I would look to Rashn and motion that it was time to move on. The words “just one moment” stops me in my movement as I turn, still chewing on the meat, looking at the merchant. “Eh?” I say, wondering if there were something more, like corn or a drink. The merchant speaks, “since you’re enjoying the food, you wouldn’t mind working for it and performing a small errand for me, would you? I mean it’s only fair…”

215 / 2288
Back to top Go down
Kiun
Intern
Intern
Kiun

Among Merchants * Empty
PostSubject: Re: Among Merchants *   Among Merchants * EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 7:01 pm

Rashn would remain mostly silent during the exchange between Jyn and the meat merchant, but his eyes would narrow as the topic of an errand came up. That likely meant no good for either of them, but he himself could not turn down payment for gifts or services rendered. It wasn’t in him, as a merchant. Since he had already eaten at least some of the rather good ribs, he had essentially bought it, so he would need to pay the amount put out by the merchant as consolation. Unfortunately you couldn’t really barter over an errand, so Rashn was somewhat out of luck in that department. Still, he was clearly upset at the development. Selling something to someone and then telling them the price only after they’ve already used it is downright dirty salesmanship. Perhaps he was so desperate he had no choice? That was sad, but it didn’t make the situation right or anything.

“I’ll do it.” Came Rashn’s resolute answer. Even if he didn’t like it, the facts were the facts and he had indebted himself to the merchant for the food. It was his job at this point to pay that back. He would speak nothing for Jyn, and if needed he himself would carry on Jyn’s portion of the burden, even if he had originally offered to pay for the meal himself. Friends did those kind of things for each other. Apparently. Rashn still didn’t really understand how friendship worked but whatever. “Just tell us what you need done, and I’ll see to it that it gets finished. You have my word as the merchant Bakr.”
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

Among Merchants * Empty
PostSubject: Re: Among Merchants *   Among Merchants * EmptySun Jul 03, 2011 12:01 pm

Jyn'Rai

“Eh?” my head would turn with the request. Crap. I had been bamboozled. Of course, I could argue with the man, but I figured in a merchant district all he really needed to do was yell ‘thief’ and we’d be in for some trouble. Still, he attacked a portion of my core as a man and I wouldn’t be able to refuse the offer either. With a frown of disapproval, I would agree with Rashn and add on, “out with it, what’s the errand?” The greasy merchant would smile and assure, “do not be anger my friends. The errand is very simple. I just need you both to go and pick up some money for me. For this, I will allow the payment of both of your foods, yes?” My head tilts the other way as I comment, “well, we’re kind of not wanting to stand around all day. Where do we have to go and does this guy know that you’re sending someone to pick up a payment? We’re not running into a fight are we?” The merchant holds his hands up defensively and states, “I’m sure fight is no problem for you, my friend. Do not worry. There is a tavern down that street three blocks…” he points as an illustration, “…go there, go to the top floor, ask for Malcom. Tell him his good friend Salum sent you. He will give you payment. It is only one object.” My gaze would shift down the street that we were told to go down with a slight ‘hmph’ of annoyance. I would be done talking, the merchant’s gaze would shift to Rashn as he would give a jovial grin, “I am glad to have your word as a merchant. I am sure you will do great, yes?”

304 / 2592
Back to top Go down
Kiun
Intern
Intern
Kiun

Among Merchants * Empty
PostSubject: Re: Among Merchants *   Among Merchants * EmptyMon Jul 04, 2011 11:44 pm

Rashn’s head would nod once, and no more. He was now on the job, so any excess time or energy was just wasted resources. As a merchant, everything had a dollar value to him: no exceptions. ‘There Is No Free Lunch’ was pretty much the only sentence you would need to describe his work ethic. “Of course.” He would then turn to Jyn and offer him the chance to opt out. He didn’t want to drag him around for his slipup in not foreseeing this, but for whatever reason he felt like the fate of the storyline rested on accepting this decision. Either way, it was his fault in his eyes. “I’ll give you the offer now, Jyn. You don’t have to go with me. If it’s just a job like this, then I’ll have no problem in doing it by myself. If you want to go back home to Eri now, I won’t think any less of you. I’m sure you have other things you’d like to be doing.”

Regardless of his decision, Rashn would look down the ‘short’ distance between him and the target tavern. However short it was didn’t matter. Dangerous things came in small packages more often than not. Most notably, a dagger or short was relatively short in comparison to something like the desert or the mountains, yet it packed more immediate danger than the two combined. The sand or rocky cliffs would engulf you and crush you to death slowly and mercilessly if you weren’t prepared, but a blade could slit the throat of any man in record speed. For a moment he considered taking whatever he was given and running with it. It was likely worth something good, but yet again he was reminded that doing so would equal death due to his immediate inability to access any decent level merchants once the word of his deed spread. A much more plausible plan was to barter with the random peddler who wanted this delivery so bad and try to gain some coin on the side. This was still unethical, and was in a sense stealing on its own, but if he agreed to it then there was nothing he could do. There were no takesbacksies in the merchant world. “So, are you in, or out?” The answer would of course be addressed to his partner, but his response did not truly concern him. It would be nice to have company, but it could be dangerous all the same.
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

Among Merchants * Empty
PostSubject: Re: Among Merchants *   Among Merchants * EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 7:52 pm

Jyn'Rai

Dutifully, I turn to Rashn as he speaks. Shaking my head solemnly I answer, “no, I will go for my part in this as well. I was tricked and for that you have to suffer as well; if I go back to a barely clothed woman while you do all of the work, I do not know if I would be able to not think any less of myself.” With that my will was set on this and I would finish this up so that Rashn and I could return to our very busy schedule of… well… doing things. With the directions on where to go and what to do, I would begin walking in that direction along with Rashn. The merchant would be all smiles, rubbing his sweat glazed hands together while wishing a safe trip. I would speak, “Rashn, since you probably already know where this place is, I’ll follow you. When we get there, I’ll attempt to look intimidating just in case there’s some trouble, so you won’t have to worry about anything. For certain no harm shall come to you while I walk along your side.” Though the merchant stated everything was kosher, there was something about it that I did not fully believe.

215 / 2807
Back to top Go down
Kiun
Intern
Intern
Kiun

Among Merchants * Empty
PostSubject: Re: Among Merchants *   Among Merchants * EmptySun Jul 10, 2011 1:51 pm

Rashn would nod once in an ‘So-I-See’ kind of manner. He had made his decision, and there was likely no changing his mind then. Well, as long as he was sure, Rashn would welcome the company. “If that’s your choice, then alright. We’ll get this over with quickly.” Generally doing things slow and steady were more his pace, but something rubbed him the wrong way on this, and as such he really just wanted to get out of there as quick as possible. Hanging around that tavern was a deathtrap, and no money was made from dying. Killing someone for a bounty made money, but the person who actually died didn’t make a cent. Or, couldn’t spend it. One of those. It had been so long, Rashn couldn’t remember the exact quote he had learned from his time as an apprentice. There were far too many of those for him to even worry about attempting to remember them all. As long as he understood the lesson though, he figured it would be enough.

The reassuring statement from Jyn that no harm would come to him was welcomed, but was still met with a frown. “Don’t talk like that. Don’t even have a single thought of conflict enter your mind while we’re there.” He paused to think for a moment. “Well, don’t drop your guard either, but… ahh, just be careful not to be on edge at all, but still, watch your back, alright?” It was tricky to explain, but if they acted like the big and tough guys who were ready for a fight and weren’t going to back down, then they weren’t going to scare anybody off, but instead invite said fight. Likely it would escalate into a brawl rather quickly, too. Yet, at the same time, if they just waltzed in acting like they owned the place or they were supposed to be there, they’d probably piss off the inhabitants and cause a similar effect. Like a woman’s period, the situation was emotionally sensitive with a strong chance of physical backlash if they messed up crossing the minefield. Honestly he wished there was just a ladder into the target’s room they could climb to get in and get out. Even physical exertion to that effect would be worth it for the man.

Naturally though, no such entrance/exit existed, or at least not on its own. Maybe they should have brought a ladder? It was too late for that anyway, but it would not stop Rashn from leading the way the whole short distance to the inn. A fine building it was, yet unfortunate that it was infected with such scummy things and people. It looked like it would have fine food and drink. Brushing the thought aside, Rashn would spin slowly to see if Jyn was still behind him as he stood by the door. “It might get rough, but do your best not to respond to anything non-life threatening, alright? We don’t need to instigate anything, as they’ll do all of that for us.”
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

Among Merchants * Empty
PostSubject: Re: Among Merchants *   Among Merchants * EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 4:37 pm

Jyn'Rai

I nod and agree with the comment about thinking positively; I suppose thinking about a fight was a good way to promote one involuntarily. An arm pump would assure him that I would not think about fighting while keeping my guard up… so I supposed the best way to think about it would be to think about blocking. As expected, I am able to follow Rashn the entire way there. When Rashn spins to look at me I would give him a reassure nod with a smirk that seemed to say ‘I will always be there for you.’ When he makes the comment, I give a thumbs up and my teeth sparkle in a corny manner. I figured he would probably have to go into the tavern in order to get to the second floor, but so long as I acted cool, then everything should be well. I assure Rashn, “desert cucumber” as a neat code way of saying that I was cool. Taking the lead now that we were here, I would move forth and open the door for both Rashn and I while looking out into the first floor tavern with a smug frown on my face as if daring anyone to start anything. Well, in my head I did, I remained calm and normal as I shifted to the side as not to block the door entrance and looked through the rowdy wooden interior looking for the stairs that would reveal themselves to be opposite the front door across a land of pine wood floorings, tables, small pieces of trash and wasted ale.

272 / 3079
Back to top Go down
Kiun
Intern
Intern
Kiun

Among Merchants * Empty
PostSubject: Re: Among Merchants *   Among Merchants * EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 6:15 am

It dawned on Rashn without any forewarning how little Jyn’rai spoke yet how much he said. Fist-pumps, sparkling teeth smiles, and a multitude of nods. He is certainly one well experienced in the arts of conversation. The same could be said of Rashn, due to his job, but he could not communicate nearly as sharply without the usage of words. Perhaps it was not the most obviously useful of abilities, but it certainly had its usages, going off the merchant’s thinking alone. It was a talent he would have to try and pick up while he was in his company here. The plethora of things you could say without words… huh, absolutely intriguing.

Brushing aside thoughts of silent speech, the man would follow his partner, shadowing his movements but stepping to the opposite side of the door for space-related reasons. Can’t get too close, now. His eyes are thrown into the area immediately, taking note of the ‘who’s and the ‘what’s. Luckily there was no one there who he instantly recognized as a threat or troublemaker, but that did not mean the current group of miscreants would be upstanding citizens or anything, and it wasn’t like he knew all the bad apples by heart anyway. He would quickly try to trace a route through the floor as if it were a maze, locating dead-ends that would lead them past people they wanted nothing to do with. Trouble would of course ensue from passing by such character types and time was of the essence. The longer they took, the longer they would have to stay in the vile place.

Rashn would move, assuming Jyn’s following. He would ignore the spillage and waste left strewn across both tables and floors, and the cavorting of drunkards would be met with a similar (lack of) reaction. He hoped that by walking in the seemingly-odd path he had drawn out in his mind, they would be able to stay away from the worse ones of the bunch and would not draw too much attention to themselves. Though, even if they passed only less dangerous people, there was nothing to say that they themselves were not in a bad mood that day and looking for a fight. Every person there was essentially a wild card which they could only judge off of their expressions and apparent temperaments. Rashn just hoped the two would get by without pissing anybody off just by existing.
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

Among Merchants * Empty
PostSubject: Re: Among Merchants *   Among Merchants * EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 9:26 pm

Jyn'Rai

“Hey you!” comes the call in the crowded bar. Turning I see a male looking in my direction and pointing, “you’re really pissing me off by just existing.” I blink and whine, “what did I do…” Without warning the man rushes towards me and punches a guy who apparently was beside or behind me. I look down as a brawl ensues on the ground and frown before inching away from them and looking back towards Rashn with a ‘I almost had to take that guy out’ look which beamed self confidence. The jitters of almost being attacked subside and as it would turn out, we would be able to reach the stairwell without much of anything happening to reference us. Still, it didn’t seem like the male who was on the receiving end of the earlier punch had done anything to provoke it, so as Rashn had mentioned earlier, it would be best to be on guard while blending in and acting natural. Catching back up to Rashn’s side as we reach the stairway which I would follow him if he ascended, I mention, “wonderful place they have here. So taverns are similar to shops, aren’t they?” The small talk would reference the dream he shared with me.

226 / 3305
Back to top Go down
Kiun
Intern
Intern
Kiun

Among Merchants * Empty
PostSubject: Re: Among Merchants *   Among Merchants * EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 8:40 pm

As if signed to a cursed life, the very existence of the two-men is indeed apparently enough to piss off some random inhabitant of the bar. Rashn tenses up and feels himself creep towards the blades strapped around his waist, but in some sort of godsend of luck, it turns out that it was some other poor unfortunate soul whose being was under assault. How ironic was that? Just after thinking it, and it almost happens to them. Whatever, as sad as it was for the other man, it was his problem, not Rashn’s nor Jyn’s. The look he gave the merchant was met with confusion as if to say, ‘what-the-hell-are-you-talking-about?’, though no words would be spoken. Seeing as he was not as good as his friend at speaking without speaking, Rashn wondered how well he would convey the message of his failure to understand.

Climbing the stairs, Rashn would feel all the more reason to hurry up and get this over with after what just transpired downstairs. Nothing good ever came from waiting in a place like that, but he felt he could still spend some time for small talk with his friend. “Yeah, in theory I guess. Stores are generally less lively and smaller. Less upkeep and all, and there’re less people who’re likely to cause trouble. But, at the same time, you don’t have any ale to soothe an angered patron with in a regular shop.” He would pause for a moment to think as they reached the door. “Still, I suppose my heart goes out to the people who run these kind of establishments. I don’t know if I’d have the patience to do it.” With that said, Rashn would wait for any responses before resting the back of his knuckles on the door and looking for Jyn’s reassurance that he was ready. There was no saying what was going to be on the other side.
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

Among Merchants * Empty
PostSubject: Re: Among Merchants *   Among Merchants * EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 9:37 pm

Jyn'Rai

When the odd glance is given to Jyn, he takes it as he takes most of Rashn’s various looks. To him there was the look of happiness, which looked kind of like the look of sadness which seemed to mirror the look of calm and tranquility. After thinking about it, Jyn would have to come to the conclusion that he would need more practice in deciphering the subtle changes in Rashn’s visage when they presented themselves, but for the time being Jyn assumed that he had said something witty which Rashn probably agreed with to some degree.

Jyn’s steps follow in Rashn’s as the upward climb is made upstairs to their destination. When Rashn turns around for reassurance Jyn is once again smirking and sparkling with a swirly-printed thumb up. Beyond the door would be the entrance to the upper levels, a place reserved for those staying overnight as well as a front for other things. With that said, there would be two hallways leading either way lined with doors with no real indication on what door would need to be entered into. There would, however, be a an older crinkly man of bronzed nickle complexion sitting skillfully on a four legged chair which is reclined slightly with only two of the legs actually on the ground and its back against the wall of the hallway. Beneath the male’s nose is a bubble of varying size that alters with his current state of breathing; it seemed he was unconscious until the bubble popped and he looked up to notice two ‘customer’ arrive on the second floor. His tongue licks his lips with his jowls shifting much like a bulldog; he clears his throat and looks to Rashn in lead and asks, “Can I help you boys?”

330 / 3635
Back to top Go down
Kiun
Intern
Intern
Kiun

Among Merchants * Empty
PostSubject: Re: Among Merchants *   Among Merchants * EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 4:07 pm

The interruption by the elderly man would be met with both displeasure and a slight tinge of annoyance, but Rashn could push it off fairly easily for the sake of business. He was surprised that the upstairs had such a large number of rooms: it denied its exterior size. It made sense, though, when he thought about it. If they made the walls paper-thin and the rooms extra small, they might be able to fit that many rooms. It was unlikely anyone would need that much room to operate in, considering what the rooms were most likely used for. All one would need was a bed, and perhaps a dresser. A lantern would of course help, but it was not entirely necessary. Either way, the room’s size did not matter, only the contents that rested on the other side, and it seemed like the elderly man would be ready to help. Could they trust him though?

Rashn’s hand would shift slightly, no longer hanging effortlessly and loosely at his side and instead moving to be held by the hip. It was a subtle movement, but he honestly expected the old man to notice without much problem. He was probably the type who had been doing shady things in his past, so small movements were quite likely his specialty. The hand on Rashn’s hip had been placed there due to the close proximity to his blades: if someone was up here, in a shady place like this, out giving directions, that meant people often came up here looking for particular people. This was just getting more and more shady, and he wasn’t entirely sure he was going to be safe when they proceeded. It was one of the openly hostile gestures he had told Jyn not to make earlier, but with the situation as it was he wasn’t going to take any chances. “We’re here for Malcom. Salum sent us. Can you direct us to which room he might be in?” He was expecting some sort of trap, where the man would leave and knock on the door in a specific way to alert them that someone was here looking for them, which could be met with either their mark running away, or a whole number of faceless mooks coming out to attack them.
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

Among Merchants * Empty
PostSubject: Re: Among Merchants *   Among Merchants * EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 4:51 pm

Jyn'Rai

The old man’s demeanor does not seem to shift with Rashn’s. The wrinkled elderly soul remains flaccid in his posture and slow in his movements only needing to take in the bit of information that was needed from the two men who were coming up the stairs. With an acknowledgement of the name, as if the registry of all that was upstairs, he would give information unbiased as he shifts his head down the short right hall. The stairs were structured in such a way that the hallway would have either doors or the opening for the stairwell on either side as they ascended through the middle. The aged male makes the confirmation, “you’ll find what you’re looking for in the last door.” A sun tempered hand of several creases lifts up with a finger pointing in the direction we needed to go. The last door described the fourth one making it one of the corner rooms on the second floor of the tavern. The hand retreats as the man returns to a golem like sitting position and affirms, “the door will be open.”

Jyn’s attention shifts to the door as it is pointed out by the old man and as the words come in, he makes the comment, “then I suppose we should just walk in?” Unlike the old man, he had noticed Rashn’s gesture to his waist but was holding fast to the recommendation to be defensive as oppose to offensive. With that in mind, he wondered a bit about walking into a room unannounced. Thinking aloud, he comments, “still it might be polite to knock…” If Rashn were to ask him to go forth first, Jyn would approach the door, knock, wait for a responses inside and then open it. If Rashn were to venture forth, then he would see for himself what was behind the door. Even before reaching the door, a rhythmic squeaking noise and grunting could be heard. Any response to enter would be in the swift breath of a husky male. Beyond the door would be a scene of a man and a woman having sex on a cot whereas the woman would be fully nude and on top with her back to the door and the man would be lying on his stomach beneath her. She was apparently riding him somehow in that position, but they would be casual about others coming into the room expecting the newcomers to announce themselves.

442 / 4077
Back to top Go down
Kiun
Intern
Intern
Kiun

Among Merchants * Empty
PostSubject: Re: Among Merchants *   Among Merchants * EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 5:09 pm

To his surprise, the man had made no such movements or shifts in his demeanor to warn them off any ulterior motives. He seemed to be, plainly, an old man who just sat there and pointed out directions. Rashn’s thought that he was some trap-dealer was, apparently, way off, though he could not drop his guard about the situation as a whole just yet. Doing so would be foolish and he couldn’t dare allow himself to drop guard in a situation where they were essentially possibly surrounded. Though, with Jyn there to watch his back, he felt more comfortable than if he were going it alone. Then again this meant he was responsible for Jyn’s safety as well as his own, but he seemed to be capable of defending himself fairly well, certainly more than Rashn could. While the merchant was capable of taking on a small handful of people, and taking on more than one at a time and winning would take more luck than skill on his part, his partner seemed to enjoy training himself regularly, as he had mentioned when he had shown Rashn his home earlier. He wondered to himself how many regular men he himself could handle? He would bet at least three times as many, though admittedly Rashn had not yet seen Jyn fight. Hopefully by the end of the day, he still will not have.

Moving to the door, Rashn would hear the personal sounds being emitted from the door, though it would not crack his demeanor. He had expected it to be coming from every corner of the upstairs, and was actually more surprised to hear the scarcity of it than he was to hear it coming from the target’s room. There really wasn’t a question to him as to what was going on beyond the door. He assumed Jyn understood as well. Placing a hand on the doorknob, Rashn would twist it as if to open it, though no actual pushing would be made. His disregard for his friend’s thoughts about knocking would be quelled in that while no knocking was done, he would not simply barge into the room. By turning the doorknob, he had essentially done the same thing as knocking, in his own mind. “Malcom. We’re agents of Salum: we’ve come to pick up payments on behalf of Salum for any services rendered.” By the way the food vendor had described himself as a ‘good friend’ to the man, he assumed he was anything but. His nerves began to pick up, and he waited for any response he could get from the other side of the door.
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

Among Merchants * Empty
PostSubject: Re: Among Merchants *   Among Merchants * EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 5:54 pm

Jyn'Rai

A husky voice beckons for them to ‘come in’ and the sounds that were being emitted earlier with the various gyrations being gyrated slowly increases as if rising to a climax. It didn’t seem as if the denizens inside were going to stop on account of us, or on the contrary, they had hastened their efforts to bring for a swift end. Jyn would find himself puzzled by the sounds he was hearing on the other side of the door, but would not move from his position at Rashn’s rear unless the latter were to fully enter into the room. He would, however, turn and look at the old man who seemed to be contently returning to his former activities of dozing off, paying an alarmingly negligent amount of attention to the young men who had by passed him just moments ago. The elder’s head had already begun drooping with the formation of the bubble returning beneath his nose. Jyn’s gaze shifts about the hall to scan for any other possible signs of movement, but there did not seem to be any. Early in the day still, he didn’t sense any movement in the rooms around them which could indicate that the place wasn’t as lively during the day as it was at night. Able to use his ability to sense terrain and through light energy, he’s relieved slightly that they have an all clear on the danger of begins surrounded, though this would not be communicated verbally to Rashn.

274 / 4351
Back to top Go down
Kiun
Intern
Intern
Kiun

Among Merchants * Empty
PostSubject: Re: Among Merchants *   Among Merchants * EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 5:45 pm

The permission to enter is granted and Rashn pauses for a moment before doing so. He seemed to be waiting for them to stop, yet, when the speed seemed to increase as opposed to slowing, his expression turned slightly sour. This would make things awkward… he hated dealing with ‘preoccupied’ targets like this, but money was money and if it made him his daily dollar then Rashn would have to find a way to deal with it, much like he had in the past. Bracing himself for the ‘scene’ which would undoubtedly unravel, he wondered just how the trip to fetch some armor for Jyn turned into this… getting lunch was all well and good, but such a turn of events as this was just weird. Trouble seemed to follow people en masse sometimes. Turning to his friend, he would catch him as he turned back from the elder man who led them to this particular door. “You might want to wait back out here.” The temptation to explain how the situation would be most ‘disagreeable’ was only overweighed by his desire to get this over with. “Otherwise, steel yourself.” Regardless of his answer, Rashn would completely finish opening the door at this point, and walk inside. Before he could even really take in any of the details, the small cracks in his businesslike demeanor would show in his haste. It wasn’t a good thing to be quick-willed like this, but he was sure any problems that arose due to it he could handle at some other time, so it didn’t much matter. “We’d like to get this over with quickly, if that’s alright with you. Do you have the payment?” Hopefully he’d just say ‘no’ and they could leave: Salum had given them no specific instructions as to what to do in the case of him not having said payment, so they need not do anything if he told them he did not have it. It was something of a loophole in the agreement, but whatever. Rashn didn’t care about that: only about getting out and going back to his cart to get back to business. Either way, with the question asked, Rashn would finally be able to take in the rest of the room in all of its glory, and take in any other surprises god seemed to want to throw at them at the time.
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

Among Merchants * Empty
PostSubject: Re: Among Merchants *   Among Merchants * EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 6:03 pm

Jyn'Rai

During this ordeal, Jyn was waiting for the door to open. As a man who enjoyed the sight of naked woman, he would be sure to handle this experience with the air of professionalism and courtesy he felt was needed as a representative of whatever the name of that one oily faced merchant was. It was when Rashn’s suggestion comes in that he frowns and shakes his head murmuring, “I’ll never leave your side…” Safety was the key issue after all, there was no need to allow Rashn to enter a room alone when Jyn considered himself a bodyguard to the man.

As the door opens and the scene unfolds, Jyn finds it a bit odd at the position that they were in. Of course the hot chick was on top, long brown hair dropping down her shoulders with her back towards them, but strange enough, Malcolm seemed to be on his stomach. Jyn wasn’t one to judge people for their sexual perversions, but he wondered how such a thing was possible as Malcolm would have to be both very flexible and well endowed in order to penetrate the riding woman from that posture.

With Rashn’s words, the climax comes as two similar pitches of ecstasy takes to the air. An eyebrow rises at this as it seemed the act was over. Heavy of breath, a deep sigh resounds from the busty female along with a light ‘popping’ noise as she lifts herself from the body of the also heavily breathing male and turns around to display night supple breasts as well as a large dripping penis. “I think it’s better if I make sure… I mean… or watch the out… I’ll be in the hall,” comes from Jyn as he offers Rashn a pat to the shoulder, then turns around and walks away in a very traumatized manner. In a husky voice, the fairly attractive he/she smiles at Rashn and introduces, “I’m Malcolm, nice to meet you. Yes, I have the payment, its right over here.” It walks to the corner of the room where a small bag was and then proceeds to flat out bend over in order to search for it. Finding a small bag, it lifts up and carries it back over to Rashn. Simply enough, it hands the bag of small items to Rashn and speaks, “give Salum my love… or would you like to stick around for a little bit? You and your friend can have a portion if you like?” With his voice breaking slightly, Jyn speaks from the hall, “I’ll be downstairs buddy.” Steps could be heard with him walking to and half way down the stairs.

474 / 4825
Back to top Go down
Kiun
Intern
Intern
Kiun

Among Merchants * Empty
PostSubject: Re: Among Merchants *   Among Merchants * EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 4:50 am

Despite the preventative measures Rashn had taken in coming here, danger seemed to rear its ugly head regardless. Rashn would be sporting what seemed to be this season’s standard: a confused look, mirroring that of his comrade’s as he wondered at the position the two were in. How the man seemed to manage something like what he was went far over Rashn’s head, and for a moment, he entertained the thought of trying to mentally figure out how it even worked. Something erect couldn’t simply bend like that, it would, naturally snap…

On the somehow less repulsing side of things, the pair would finish, and the true identity and ‘state’ of the mark was revealed to both men. Rashn could feel some of the color flush itself from his face, though apart from that and his mouth slightly left agape, there was no other physical reaction. Mentally, there was even less activity. As if the abyssal maw of the void ripped his soul from his body, his mind made itself blank. Small syllables and letters floated around in the darkness, scrambling desperately to formulate some response to the situation. So flabbergasted was the merchant that he had no notice of Jyn’s leaving until the woman turned around after fetching what they needed and his voice rang from down the hallway. Some bodyguard, not that Rashn could blame him.

Somehow, in his mind, the mess of thoughts forces itself together into short, yet coherent phrases: food, livelihood, reputation. Like a key into a lock, a jolt of energy and refreshing color pulls itself into the merchant’s frame, and, like a ‘boss’, he reemerges in his full glory. With no remaining shreds of indecision or shock evident (yet still very much alive beneath the façade), he would smile slightly and reach for the ‘packa’– bag that he had been offered. “Well, that’s a kind offer. I doubt I’d ever be able to offer anything of such value for free like that, but unfortunately that’s not the kind of business I have the time for. Though, if you can offer something like that, you must be just a complete mass of energy.” False interest and joviality slid their way into the merchant’s voice. Like when you were talking to someone who thought of you as a friend, yet you thought of them only as a pest who you humored but couldn’t bring to hurt, the words were forced. It was for business, so Rashn would put up with it. Somehow. Disgusting as it was, just this meeting was not going to kill him, though failing to live up to his reputation on the job might. Crack here, and that could be it. Even a simple misstep could end a merchant career, and you never know who you might be talking to or when you’ll need a favor.

Assuming he was handed the payment successfully, with no ulterior motives or tricks revealed, Rashn would take it and gaze over the contents once quickly before completely accepting it. From there, he would leave with a tad bit of haste, the false demeanor beginning to shake and crack. He needed to find Jyn… and have a drink, some place far away from this tavern.
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

Among Merchants * Empty
PostSubject: Re: Among Merchants *   Among Merchants * EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 10:35 pm

Jyn'Rai

As the transactions ensued in the inn room, Jyn would remain at the half way point on the stairs holding back from the desire to hold himself and rock slowly while offering delusions such as indulging that the scene he saw was a result of two normal lovers having sex on a bed of mushrooms whereas one such plant found itself temporarily lodged within the vaginal crevice of the one on top. Still, the imagery was much too real for him to be able to convince himself that he had seen anything other than a woman with man bits; it would be a first for him, something to leave a nice little scar on his soul for the years to come. Still, he would remain attentive to make sure no one else was coming up the stairs and that no one else upstairs was moving. The old man at the top of the stairs would be visible through the open door, his head leaning forwards, seemingly not waking from his golem like slumber. In the room with the merchant, the it would allow Rashn to leave with no strings attached. Simply a “well, I like to stay in peak condition” follows what is translated as a compliment. The ruptured male still lying on his stomach, speaks to the it as he reminds, “ask about that stuff…” This highlights a none existent bulb over its head as it turns its attention back to Rashn and asks, “wouldn’t happen to have any lube on you, now would you?”

272 / 5097
Back to top Go down
Kiun
Intern
Intern
Kiun

Among Merchants * Empty
PostSubject: Re: Among Merchants *   Among Merchants * EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 3:58 am

With the package in tow, Rashn would be poised to leave the awkward situation posthaste, though he was interrupted by the sudden request for some form of lubricant. With a feeling of pity for the ‘bottom’ in his heart, he realized, no, he did not have such a thing. That was a rather specific thing, which would surely sell well but not often. It was the problem with being a merchant: you either do general goods, or specialty wares, and Rashn was more of an all-purpose kind of guy. The chance of it selling was a bigger drawing point to him than the price it would sell for, though he enjoyed finding a happy medium at times. “Ah, I’m sorry, but I don’t have any, on my person or among my goods.” To lighten the atmosphere a little and help cement his image as a friendly merchant they may wish to hire in the future, he would make an attempt at joking with them. “But it doesn’t seem like you need lube anymore. Not at this stage.” As one without much in terms of social skills, it would bypass Rashn that perhaps the way he said that was a little more of rubbing it in than a friendly tease. Joking wasn’t his strong point. “I’m sure you two will be just fine. Enjoy yourselves all the same, and w-we apologize for interrupting.”

With that behind him, Rashn’s breaking demeanor would be allowed to settle back into its natural state, the stress of his façade easing off of him. He would leave the room with a smile, before making his way back to Jyn after apologizing on his behalf as well as the merchant’s own. The target in their possession, an annoyed look would fuse into an exhausted one as he would gaze at his friend. He could feel bags forming under his eyes already. “That was a scene, wasn’t it? I don’t even want to close my eyes. I know I’ll only be able to see… ‘that’. Don’t know how I’m going to sleep tonight.” Guilt seemed to affect the man, however, as his expression suddenly turned a little more sullen as opposed to aggravated. “Though, they certainly were nice, despite the situation.” Though it was unlike him, he felt like trying to remain outwardly positive instead of purely keeping it inside. This was because they still had to pass back through the floor of excessively violent drunken thugs, and there was no guarantee they wouldn’t notice the two’s ‘spoils of war’ and try to take it for themselves. This was, arguably, the most dangerous part.
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

Among Merchants * Empty
PostSubject: Re: Among Merchants *   Among Merchants * EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 4:50 pm

Jyn'Rai

The social display from Rashn would be enough to sate the desires of the two people in the room. They would advise for him to have a great rest of his day on leaving and as the door closed behind him, they would proceed to what seemed to be a possible round two of the original activity with the man cheerfully regaling the it by saying “okay, is it my turn now?” The answer, “no” would come just as the door closed, thus shooting down the male’s desire to switch positions. With the door closed, so is the chapter of that experience. The closing of the door would cause the wrinkled sentinel sitting at the chair atop the stairs to jerk up slightly, the bubble beneath his nose almost popping. Since the sound was passing and swift, it would not be strong enough to burst the bubble this time and the man’s inclination would continue to further droop until he rested back into a familiar chair ridden posture that seemed etched into his body.

Upon his arrival back to his companion, Jyn would turn and face Rashn after wiping his face, mainly creases of his eyes, with the back o f his hand, though it wasn’t like he was crying or anything like that. With a nod, Jyn turns to proceed down the stairs just feet before Rashn as he agrees, “yeah… that was definitely interesting.” After seemingly putting a little bit of thought into it, Jyn comments, “maybe this is something that never happened… a funny illusion we saw that didn’t really happen? Does right now even feel real to you?” Of course, Jyn knew that disassociating yourself with reality was… well… as a cluster of multiple personalities, we won’t go there. Either way, Jyn would lead the way to the base of the stairs, which simply left proceeding through the main floor of the bar to reach the outside. Though rowdy as before, there would be no incidents to draw attention to the two as they would be able to make it out of the tavern just fine. Jyn would have wrapped that experience into a small blanket, put it into an imaginary box and buried it under the tavern mentally on his departure. Outside the sun was shining, children were laughing and playing, domesticated animals were barking and mewing; endless possibilities and life seem to be the silver lining on the previously stormy clouds. Now all that was left was to deliver the payment and having come here once, Jyn would automatically know the way back to the merchant by heart, though he would walk with Rashn during this time and not rush ahead.

498 / 5595
Back to top Go down
Kiun
Intern
Intern
Kiun

Among Merchants * Empty
PostSubject: Re: Among Merchants *   Among Merchants * EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 4:22 am

In a most anticlimactic fashion since the unveiling of a staff-wielders netherregions, the duo of merchant and mapmaker stride through the underbelly of society without a scratch or malice-infused glare falling upon their person. Like a couple of invincible demigods, it seemed like there was nothing more in existence that could touch them; no more foul clouds to descend. Rashn, for one, would take it happily. His partner’s sanity was becoming questionable, albeit for good reason. An eyebrow would raise in silent question about his manner of speech since their departure of what shall only be known as ‘The Devil’s Room’. As prior mentioned, most of his mannerisms went over the merchant’s head and bathed in the glorious land of mystery, but he could tell this was somewhat different. Reading people’s expressions was part of the business, and even if he could not understand what they meant, he was able to register the altered state that he was in. Once again, however, his lack of experience in social interaction cursed him with ineptitude as he had no remedy for his friend. All he could think to offer was a couple of words that he lived by in the past, handed down from his merchant mentor. Passed from man, to man, and to man. “Burying memories isn’t good. If you’re swindled and you only get mad, you’re missing a good opportunity to learn. The truly conniving would ask themselves if they could use the same trick themselves.” Noticing the difference in the topic of conversation – basic merchant fundamentals versus unpredictable eccentric life-scaring material – he knew he needed to make a more direct comparison.

“This situation is similar. Take the scenes you’ve seen in there and engrave it deep into your mind. What else exists in this world which can compare to that? Not a duneworm nor the devil himself could be so intimidating so as to compare to a scene like that, right? Don’t just push it out of your head; embrace it and consider it the norm. You’ll be putting yourself ahead of others if you can manage that.” Luckily for Rashn, it seemed like his worries were only temporarily rightly-set. By the time they began the walk back, there did not seem to be any overflowing worth of dark emotions left in his body. Whether he was actually going through with suppressing it or he managed to silently confront it on his own, Rashn was happy. So long as it didn’t eat away at him.
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

Among Merchants * Empty
PostSubject: Re: Among Merchants *   Among Merchants * EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 1:35 pm

Jyn'Rai

While walking along the way back to the merchant area where their client would be waiting for them, Jyn thinks about the words that were told to him by his companion, Rashn. Jyn nods reflecting on his friend’s words and murmurs reciting it back, “so I should embrace the cock… and not reject it… or rather the cock on the woman with the jugs…” He began to understand that he shouldn’t run away from the dick, but he should hold firm in his acceptance of it. After all, there was no reason that he should fear it. If he feared it, then it might have power over him, and a penis having power over him was something that he wanted to avoid. With a nod, he would fully accept Rashn’s words and comment, “I’ll try my best to take it…” With that, they would be reaching the merchant area. A bit surprised to see them so early, the merchant that they had spoken to earlier would be at his little rib shack, looking at them, having noticed them out of the crowd. He raises a hand and waves to them as they continue to make their way towards him. Walking along Rashn’s side, Jyn would allow his merchant friend to speak with the merchant since the two seemed to have more of a common base then he did; aside from that, Rashn had the goods as well.

250 / 5845
Back to top Go down
Kiun
Intern
Intern
Kiun

Among Merchants * Empty
PostSubject: Re: Among Merchants *   Among Merchants * EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 5:50 am

With the onslaught of shoujo-level gay puns being shoveled upon them, Rashn’s staunch demeanor would buffer the waves like an umbrella to rain. He, himself, thought that something was wrong with the way Jyn was speaking, but figured that was just how he was. The fact that they were friends was all well and fine, he realized they had not known each other for that long now. They were still relatively ‘new’ to the friendship business. That said, Rashn valued their relationship, and he believed making a comment about the way of speaking on his comrade’s behalf would be in ill-taste. Besides, there were more important matters to attend to. Business needed to be concluded.

The gesture from the plump colleague would be permission enough for Rashn, as he tilted and leaned his way through the fairly-sized crowd. A bit of jealousy gathered in his chest: he was never this popular, though it was to be expected somewhat, seeing as this was food the man was selling. Food was a necessity, so he supposed it made sense. Though, popularity was nice, all the problems behind dealing in the food business made it very clear to Rashn that it was not his style of gameplay. Demanding customers, hot, constant work, and the responsibility of making sure no one develops a bladder-slicing, kidney-tearing ailment after dining on your goods… it was a very troublesome, albeit lucrative business. Rashn was more of a safe-bet kind of guy, so it made sense.

Lifting the goods from his side as they passed the final layer of the crowd’s interior, the auburn haired one would give a soft smile, more for the sake of being polite than anything else. “Here it is, as promised. Though, I’m not particularly happy about the surprise you failed to warn us about concerning your friend’s… sexual attractions,” A joke. “I suppose it was our fault for not asking for more details. I assume there’re no problems with our delivery speed, or the quality of the goods?” As he would say this, he would extend the bits and pieces they had collected from the manwoman in offering to the street vendor. It was the end of the contract, after all.
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

Among Merchants * Empty
PostSubject: Re: Among Merchants *   Among Merchants * EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 6:47 pm

Jyn'Rai

“Good good,” would come from the merchant as Rashn verified the delivery. His oily hands would reach out, taking the goods from Rashn and pulling them back to himself for inspection. The merchant would continue to listen to Rashn’s words while looking in the sack and being very pleased with what he saw. Large smile and all he would apologize, “many thanks for enduring that; I’m sorry if you were hit on.” The merchant wouldn’t know the specifics about what they had walked in on, but would simply assume that the boys were flirted with lightly. He assures, “everything is good with the delivery time, much faster than I expected. I’m glad that you brought it to me and not fled; the cost of a bounty hunter is much more than what these items are worth.” Putting the questionable items away the vendor would offer, “any time you need food for work, come see me yes? I always have errands.” With that, everything was over. Jyn would be of the opinion that he didn’t necessarily need this type of work, so he would stray away from employing the merchant’s services or having the merchant employ him. Looking towards the merchant Jyn would nod and mention, “I’ll pass, but thanks for the meal. See you.” He would wait on Rashn before heading away from the merchant and ending this page in the story of Rashn and Jyn’s misadventures.

Exit RP

269 / 6114

+ Leather Padding / 3 Density (Lower body/Feet)
Common (10) + Uncommon (25) + Uncommon (10) / Roll Beta (.90) = 49.5 = 50 (Value)
-25 VC items from Jyn's Bio
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Among Merchants * Empty
PostSubject: Re: Among Merchants *   Among Merchants * Empty

Back to top Go down

Among Merchants *
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Shintheory Role-Playing :: DOR :: Roleplaying Board :: Terra Regnum :: The Land of the Desert Tribes :: The Land of the Desert Tribes (Archived)-
Jump to: