Shintheory Role-Playing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shintheory Role-Playing

Welcome to the HUB of Shintheory Roleplaying!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What the Heck?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
LittleMariko
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
LittleMariko

Rep! : 31

What the Heck? Empty
PostSubject: What the Heck?   What the Heck? EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 1:38 pm

Ethereal wisps lapped at the feet of the hyena demon as she returned from yet another excursion on Terra to see her friend-come-family-member Jack. In the past, perhaps she might have required some excuse to make her way across several dozen miles of baking brimstone, hostile spirits, and scarred, morbid scenery to get to the Seat of Pride, but hell itself was starting to feel more a home to her and as an inheritly social creature. The thought of seeing a friend was strangely sufficient motivation, though she didn't realize such on a conscious level. On a conscious level, she knew he'd held back last fight and thought that the man might have more to teach her.

So she walked steadily, keeping to the shadows and generally making herself small and unnoticeable. She didn't stop to fight any challengers, simply running past them or otherwise being evasive: a tactic that threw off most of the warlike beings there who were accustomed to nothing but confrontation from other spirits.

But when her travels had ceased, she drew up once more to the dilapidated courthouse with a sigh. If he wasn't here now, he'd probably be here soon.

[ EXP: 230 || +1 TEXP (2nd thread) ]

Back to top Go down
Pennywise
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
Pennywise

Rep! : 26

What the Heck? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What the Heck?   What the Heck? EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 1:58 pm

In the entrance corridor stood a girl. A girl with yellow eyes. Ceila. Leader of madness. And for now at least, an ally of sorts to the leader of Pride. Howeveer the word ally was to be used sparingly. After all. She had never truely declared just what her goals were. Nor what she wanted from Jack or anyone else. Shee had let her entire clan fall to the blades and fangs of the demons of pride. All in an attempt to whittle out the weak. And find one who was strong enough to make such sacrifices. Much like her. Ceila bit her thumb, sitting on the roof of the Seat of Pride. Watching as the Hyena demon Iskra entered into the fray. " Ah, shes back". Ceila commented to herself. Those yellow eyes taking on a rather mischievious glint. " Its always fun to watch".

Meanwhile. Jack himself had some time ago returned from the celestial realm with somewhat of an, inner conflict. He sat on the seat of the Seat. And merely looked out into the shaded darkness of the rest of his ruin. He had gotten what he was promised. If only just. And had attained more power in doing so. Yet. He still felt as if something was utterly wrong with the picture. As if something hadn't happened that was supposed to. Or even. Something had happened that wasn't. It had ben the first time that he'd actually...willfully conversed with that thing in the library. No. It wasn't really in the library was it? It was outside of the library, seeminly. Trapped outside of it. Perhaps it was an exile from the madness demons. It did have yellow eyes after all. Perhaps even the insane had their pariahs. Their own means of punishing those who didn't follow the rules. Although what rules demons, let alone demons of madness could achieve was beyond him.

Jack had kept his promise to that human. Just as the human had kept its side of the deal. And yet although the trade was even. No side particularly indebted to the other. It still felt utterly. Weak. Mayhap he should have killed the babe when it had returned to the mortal realm. Drained it of its blood and thrown it in the yard for the wolves and birds. Was this some sort of, honour? He scoffed at the thought. Regardless. Something so....noble. Wasn't in his blood. And blood was life. On the note of Blood. Jack raised his head as he felt a similar stirring draw close.

" Welcome, Matriarch of the Middle Plains.....what brings you to my domain?".

EXP: 480
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
LittleMariko

What the Heck? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What the Heck?   What the Heck? EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 2:06 pm

Iskra scratched the back of her head as she approached the pride demon. Really, at all times before she had a definite reason for approaching him. Can I have knowledge of the dark arts? or Maybe you could help me clear off some land... or even I've failed that mission of yours. Now it was just...

"Well, I wouldn't call myself a matriarch," she said, once again not making eye contact, as though their previous fight that boosted her confidence so had never happened. "I'd have to have a clan for that... and lower-ranking members in that clan, I guess..." She frowned. "I think Lethe would count, but... it takes more than 2 to make up a clan, you know?"

She scratched the back of her spotty head. "It's not really natural for me to be outside of a clan. I kind of consider you a part of-- Well, I mean..."

The woman cleared her throat and pulled herself back together from the murmuring mess she'd become in her inability to articulate her feelings. "I know you were holding back last time we fought, so I would like to know if you have anything else to teach me."

[ EXP: 221 ]

Back to top Go down
Pennywise
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
Pennywise

What the Heck? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What the Heck?   What the Heck? EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 2:50 pm

What the Heck? TheRipper

" I disagree".

He stepped up from his throne and gestured around. " I am a Lord of Pride, a member, and leader of the Lords of Pride, the clan of Pride demons". He tilted his head at Iskra. " But, have you ever seen anyone here at the seat of Pride aside from myself?...for that matter...have you ever seen in your travels of hell...a demon that remotely carried the same aura as I?". His hair drifted to the front covering his eyes. He chuckled slightly to himself. " And why is that?... because.....its simple....I killed them all". His hands lay limp at his side. the blood of the Kami still stained his gloves. " Hacked...slashed...poisoned....garroted, impaled, burned alive, drowned , maimed, strangled and gutted, beaten tortured and hung, disembowled and decapitated...I slaughtered them all one by one with my own two hands...and then...I killed our leader.....I killed them all because they would follow our leader blindly, they would follow him even if I was stronger. More suitable....". He shrugged. " Because they are dead, does that mean the clan of Pride is dead?...no. For I yet still draw breath...and in time...there shall be more that will come to this place to increase our numbers once more....in time". A mild wave of the hand through his hair and he stared down at the hyena.

" Your clan may yet be young, but just because one is still growing does that take anything from what it is?....When you were born. Where you a different creature than what you are now?...No. You were the same beast then as you are now...but stronger for having grown, your clan shall be the same"

Power gathered around Jack. A shifting darkness Iskra would have seen before. A reversion to his feral wolf form. The Dread Wolf. The one with many eyes. He approached her still transforming. And after it was complete. He walked around to her front. Touching the side of his muzzle to hers. A gesture of a bond if nothing else. " I have learned many things on my travels, one is not to take for granted an ally. And know that is what I am to you Matriarch". With that said. He turned and trodded back to the seat of Pride. " Yes, there is still something I have left to teach you...the opposite of Pride". With a snarl he snapped his jaws. Readying for battle. " Humility". A wave of crimson energy and force shot out from Jack, along with it. Spatters of blood. Coating the walls and indeed. Everything they came in contact with. [ Exert: Destructive force]. The force of the energy was enough to crack several walls of the court house and out right demolish one of them.

The transformation between beast and...whatever he was now. Was instant. [Hasten] Jack stood there in a form similar to his human one, however. Dirtier. Darker. His clothes seemed less made of fabric and more like a slick darkness. His red eyes, seemed to glow. And around his body a red aura like blood formed. This aura shifted, changing shape into the head of a terrifying wolves head. Covered in red eyes. Each one blinking at Iskra.

"...Let us dance once again....".

EXP:613
Actions: Transformations: Dread Wolf + Ripper
All stats ascended bar Int. Int = Destructive.
HP: 100
Stamina: 100
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
LittleMariko

What the Heck? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What the Heck?   What the Heck? EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 3:52 pm

When the man initially shifted to the form of the beast, Iskra subconsciously mirrored the gesture. She wasn't exactly sure why, but it might've had something to do with the relative closeness she felt with him.

And the revelation of how exactly his home got to be so empty...

For a moment, she was stunned, though because of her appearance it wouldn't show on her visage. Her blue eyes simply focused forward blankly, though the story wasn't so particularly hard to believe as it was... amazing to her.

But his words mostly held her still, even though she felt him growing in power as he had when they'd jointly attacked the plant... and still stronger. She flicked her tongue out when he nuzzled her, however. She was far from appalled by his story. In fact, there was a redemption in it and a justification for herself. Relief even. She had a story that she dared not speak.

Yet, it seemed he wanted to reclaim dominance over her, or at least express it to her "ally". This much was apparent through her final words and transformation, a sanguine deal that sent her skidding along the partially destroyed floor. She hadn't seen such power from him, and it was truly intimidating.

But his words told her that he wouldn't outright kill her, and what didn't kill her could only strengthen her, or so she reasoned. The hyena still determined in her mind that she would fight with everything she had. This man had killed his entire clan off, after all, through various gruesome methods. He might slip up and kill her.

That thought galvanized her into action.

She growled sinisterly at this thing of fear that had appeared before her, transmuting her obvious and apparent fear into anger and using that anger to fuel the darkest of hungers within her. A few muttered, black syllables sent her influence forth, and should it make contact it would twist the man's shape into something considerably less... threatening.

[ EXP: 390 ]

Actions:
> Used Soul Vertigo [Mastered]
:: > Effects: BND (3) Mag STE (3) STN HN3 (1) [Ags] SHP (1)
:: > In short: Tried to turn Jack into a goat, would have the stun status effect on hit and -1 Aegis
:: First roll: Bind duration (if successful)
:: Second roll: Stun duration (if successful)
STA: -62

Back to top Go down
Dice Roller
Veteran
Veteran

Rep! : 5

What the Heck? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What the Heck?   What the Heck? EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 3:52 pm

The member 'LittleMariko' has done the following action : Dices roll

#1 '[ Mastered ]' :
What the Heck? ZETA

--------------------------------

#2 '[ Mastered ]' :
What the Heck? GAMMA
Back to top Go down
Pennywise
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
Pennywise

What the Heck? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What the Heck?   What the Heck? EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 4:48 pm

What the Heck? EvilGoat
"Baa Mother fucker"

Iskra's opening technique was to say the least. Odd. Jack felt the effects of a sealing magic upon his own spells. And felt slightly weaker. Not greatly. Only slightly. To be honest he didn't see what huge effect this would have on his overall ability to fight. Stamping one cloven hoof on the ground h-. Jack looked down at his " hoof". He looked back up at Iskra. Then down again at the hoof. " Baa?....". Wait. Did he just? What in the nine hells kind of shit had she just pulled? Had she turned him into a sheep? No. He turned his head to face what he assumed was the rest of his body. No wool. So that meant a goat. Great. He was a goat. Baphomet indeed. True. Jack was now a goat. And slightly less intimidating in appearance. But appearance meant little. Jack was still Jack. And for all intents and purposes. He was now god of the mother fucking goats.

"...Oh....just wait till I get out of this one

Already, he could feel the magics that were binding him in this form begining to fade. It wouldn't be long now before he took on his fearsome appearance once again, as for his magic. Well. That one might have to wait a bit longer. The magic on that seemed somehow stronger than the goat transformation. None the less. This goat stepped forward. And glared into Iskra's eyes. As if daring her to attack.

"....Baa...". [Translation: "Make my day...."]

EXP: 301
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
LittleMariko

What the Heck? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What the Heck?   What the Heck? EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 5:13 pm

Iskra grinned malevolently and licked her chops. A demonic goat of the darkest pits of hell was still a goat, and thus tasted delicious. She couldn't believe the spell worked!

Perhaps she threw caution to the wind a bit. A goat of pride. Ha ha ha! She giggled and growled back in hyena. "RRrrRRRrr." [Translation: "I'd be honored, Mr. Goat."]

It was funny, seeing him suddenly realize one of the strongest spells she'd learned in her time on Terra. It was one to alleviate hunger. Many creatures and objects became suddenly more palatable when transformed into a more caprine form.

Yet, she still felt the need to exercise caution. Here he was, challenging her even as a prey item.

...yes, she felt the need, but her hunger got the best of her. She ran forwards, mouth slavering in elemental lust for his flesh. "I'ma ruin that butt, Jack..." Of course, being a hyena, her favorite part of the prey was the rump. Rather inappropriate for a humanoid, as a beast there were no taboos.

"Come here!"

In a mad rush, she'd run a quarter of a circle around him and make a mad leap for the side of his right leg, slaver running down her tongue as she made the jump and brought her jaws together with the full expectation of the delicious taste of goat to fill her maw.

[ EXP: 258 ]

> Actions: Used Nip + 1 (Momentum)
:: > Abnormal (3) + 1 (DMG) + 1 (Momentum) = 5 (Destructive)
:: > -10 HP (ABS effect)
> STA: -69

Back to top Go down
Dice Roller
Veteran
Veteran

What the Heck? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What the Heck?   What the Heck? EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 5:13 pm

'[ Perfected ]' :
What the Heck? ZETA
Back to top Go down
Pennywise
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
Pennywise

What the Heck? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What the Heck?   What the Heck? EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 5:41 pm

What the Heck? TheRipper

The very moment Iskra moved to make her attack. The power that bound him in the form of a goat (albiet an awesome goat) broke. Iskra was now baring down upon the delietul ass of Jack in this fearsome form. And she still wanted to apparantly " ruin " his ass. There was a bit of a flashback moment going on here. Although the distance between them was greater this time, Iskra seemed to be moving in at a greater speed. And..he didn't like the idea of those fangs chomping into him once again. He knew just what they could do. In the action of moving around to dodge, Jack in one motion pulled out his blade keeping hold of the edge as it came out. Allowing it to cut him. One of them would be tasting blood. Perhaps both. Who knew.

The wolf head at his side garnered for blood. It wanted it. And yet only time would tell in the next 2-3 seconds whether or not Jack would be successful in avoiding the attack. Watching on from the distance, a blonde haired girl. Looking roughly 17-18. Her yellow eyes, the most distinguishing demonic feature. Ceila, couldn't really tell who she was rooting for in this one, either way both would learn something of the other.

EXP: 252

Dodge Attempt!

100 roll, if 50 or higher, attack hits.
Back to top Go down
Dice Roller
Veteran
Veteran

What the Heck? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What the Heck?   What the Heck? EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 5:41 pm

The member 'Jack' has done the following action : Dices roll

'100 Roll' : 46
Back to top Go down
Pennywise
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
Pennywise

What the Heck? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What the Heck?   What the Heck? EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 6:19 pm

[quote="Jack"]
What the Heck? TheRipper

It seemed that, unlike the last time. Iskra's jaws would not be met with flesh, but rather. Thin air. With that, the darkness surrounded Jack as he began to laugh, a laugh turned into a growl, an in that moment. Iskra would be met with the full form of the dread wolf baring down upon her. Their range was close enough that the pounce would be effective enough to pin her down. Although Jack had practice in doing it in this form. He hadn't yet perfected the art however. Still far more used to fighting with magic. Which to be honest was impossible to perform at the moment. He did feel the magics binding it waning however. It wouldn't be long before he could speak his chants, and unleash the power of hells fury upon Iskra.

As his weight connected with her. Whatever would happen next would determine whether or not she managed to escape the pin down. And just how long he could maintain it for. It was at times like this he wished he focused more upon his physical skills. However. That was something to be learned and adapted from this fight. It was just the same as all battles that raged across this barren land scape. Fight. Survive. Learn.

Used Overwelm: BND +2 Strength = Godlike/Ultimate vs Abnormal
Stamina: 38

Last edited by Jack on Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dice Roller
Veteran
Veteran

What the Heck? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What the Heck?   What the Heck? EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 6:19 pm

The member 'Jack' has done the following action : Dices roll

'[ Honed ]' :
What the Heck? DELTA
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
LittleMariko

What the Heck? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What the Heck?   What the Heck? EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 6:32 pm

Apparently Jack wasn't to remain a goat for very long. It was consistent with his strength that the very instant her jaws came together on the thin air the man shifted back to his unsettling human form. She growled and turned, only to be met with the sight of the pride demon bearing down on her in the form of a canine. Her eyes went wide for a moment, and she made a bold leap to the left, attempting to remove herself from his trajectory despite the fact that she'd overinvested in her initial charge...

[ EXP: 103 ]

(if roll < 26) Dodged

Back to top Go down
Dice Roller
Veteran
Veteran

What the Heck? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What the Heck?   What the Heck? EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 6:32 pm

'100 Roll' : 77
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
LittleMariko

What the Heck? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What the Heck?   What the Heck? EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 6:42 pm

With a silent exhalation of breath the hyena went down beneath the larger beast, pinned against the ground by his surprising strength. Iskra bucked and panted, attempting to throw his weight, but it was difficult. The lonely female demon certainly couldn't say that she disliked the position outside of the immediate threat to her safety that her topper posed, but she struggled nonetheless, growling angrily all the while.

"GET A ROOM!"

She looked up briefly and noted a gargoyle flying overhead and talking trash in passing. She frowned at the thing, who rapidly disappeared into the red mists of the horizon before she briefly licked the bottom of the hellwolf's neck.

"You got me," she murmured resignedly, her magical influence once again reaching out. She didn't attempt to turn him into a goat again, as she honestly lacked the strength. This entire ordeal was tiring her out. She did, however, attempt to keep the figurative muzzle on him by inflicting the same sort of inability to channel on him as she had before with the goat hex. She didn't make any more motions to resist his positioning, but she didn't want the moment to end in her being hurt by his sizable magic power.

[ EXP: 241 ]

> Actions: Soul Vertigo (Partial Strength)
:: > Effects: STE (3) STN [mastered]
> Stamina: -92

Back to top Go down
Dice Roller
Veteran
Veteran

What the Heck? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What the Heck?   What the Heck? EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 6:42 pm

'[ Mastered ]' :
What the Heck? ZETA
Back to top Go down
Pennywise
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
Pennywise

What the Heck? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What the Heck?   What the Heck? EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 7:01 pm

[quote="Jack"]
What the Heck? TheRipper

For a moment, Jack was almost convinced that the pouncing pin was going to fail. For that split second he saw recognition of what was going on in her eyes. And the movements of the Matriarchs muscles as she prepared to move out of the way. However, Jack was faster it seemed. Colliding into her the moment before the jump. Taking her from a side position. Admittedly. It wasn't the best way to pin her down. But it would get the job done. At least for now. She still struggled against him. However his sizable strength in this form was more than enough to keep her from moving. And thats when he heard the gargoyle. If he had been able to use his magical powers at this point. He would have blasted the creature from the skies. However, when he felt the lick across his neck. Looking back down at the Matriarch. He let out a chuckle that, once again in this form sounded a little bit like a growl.

" Perhaps later"

He moved his head further down, still remaining enough of a distance to avoid her jaws but. Returning the gesture that she had shown him in kind. In this form. Much like Iskra herself. Jack was far more beastial. Each of his red eyes staring down at her.
Stamina: 33

EXP: 263
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
LittleMariko

What the Heck? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What the Heck?   What the Heck? EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 7:12 pm

Somehow the moment seemed relaxing, though ostensibly it was in the middle of what had moments ago been a fierce battle. Perhaps they were both tired. Iskra laid her head down for the moment, not so much out of trust, but out of a feeling of weariness, her body asking her to just take it easy for a moment. It took a lot of energy to turn the pride demon into a goat, even for a moment, and her subsequent charge had only wearied her further.

"Jack..." she murmured, feeling his tongue return her gesture. "I just thought you should know that we're a lot a like. I'm to blame for the death of the entirety of my clan as well."

The subject depressed Iskra to no end. Every time she made the confession, her heart was no lighter than when she first realized what she'd done to save her friend, Lethe. "I'm sure they forgive me. They weren't themselves when it happened, but..."

Her entire form went limp and her voice faded off until she simply she stared ahead at nothing in particular, her eyes glazed over from outright guilt and misery.

[ EXP: 211 || +1 TEXP (5th post) ]

Actions: Rested
STA: -87

Back to top Go down
Pennywise
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
Pennywise

What the Heck? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What the Heck?   What the Heck? EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 12:49 pm

What the Heck? TheRipper

It was a strange thing looking down at this create as she stopped her struggles. Telling the beginings of a story that perked his curiousity. Although to say that his curiousity was somewhat dimmed in this form was true, still...it was there enough to make him wonder just what she meant. It seemed apparant that she had done the same action as him, no. That couldn't be it. There was guilty tinged in her words, in her eyes and in her actions. A guilt that caused her to stop her struggles, a struggle against life and everything that surrounded it that seemed to be for her an act of everyday conciousness. And yet here she was. Lying in submission thinking about this. " Perhaps in some ways". He let out, speaking through the maw of fangs, still an odd thing for him. " But inside you is regret, there is sadness. Mourning...". Jack didn't dare bring into this story his thoughts on what happened to spirits when they died. The legends of Sheol. The pit of souls. A final resting place for the dead among the dead. A place of darkness. Of screams. Of yellow eyes. He didn't think she'd enjoy that concept of what death held for them. It made being a predator more difficult.

" Perhaps in knowing regret, I can assume you were not directly responsible for what ever happened to your clan".

It seemed plausable enough. After all those who murder their entire families in cold blood, particularly demons such as himself. Rarely ever looked back on such a thing with regret of guilt that she held in her voice. " Which makes you either better than me...or worse...depends on your perspective". He grumbled. " Irrelavaent really...Our experiences are how we grow. How we learn".

Stamina: 28

EXP: 371
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
LittleMariko

What the Heck? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What the Heck?   What the Heck? EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 1:29 pm

The fact stood true... she had learned a lot since the death of her clan. Perhaps if she hadn't been drawn to the figurative fruit of knowledge, she would still be with them or she would have perished of whatever madness drove them to suicidally harass the villages. Perhaps if Iskra hadn't been the one to kill her former leader and thus prevent her from destroying Lethe, she would have more peace about it. Perhaps many things could have been different, but--

"It was their time, I think..." she murmured with a quivering lack of certainty. Somehow the thought that she'd grown from the experience didn't completely bring her back to her normal mood. It was the thoughts of that night and everything that happened before she walked off into the woods and those few weeks she'd come back to see about the proper disposal of their bodies.

"Some experiences... I've learned and I've grown, but at what cost? I had to eat them so they could live on in me, but... sometimes I still hear them. I can hear them when I sleep and when I'm scared because they're scared with me. I was there to take care of them when they were gone. I gave them a vessel to keep them from the blackness, but if I die, who's going to eat me?"

A bit of the resolve came back, and she rested less easily against the stony ground. "It's why I need to be strong. It's why I need descendents."

[ EXP: 276 || +1 TEXP (1st post) ]

STA: 82

Back to top Go down
Pennywise
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
Pennywise

What the Heck? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What the Heck?   What the Heck? EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 12:24 pm

The mythos of this strange group of Hyena's seemed to revolve around a sort of natural cycle of death decay and devourment. To be honestl though it wasn't much of a surprise to Jack when he considered just what the girl seemed to be all about. She devoured her clan. Slightly more disturbin- no not really. Jack had after all strung up Jonah by the legs hanging him from the roof and then gutting him and letting him bleed to death hanging there like some fish or animal for the slaughter. Unlike his though hers seemed to be out of some strange kindness. As if devouring them gave them some kind of....continued existance. Within herself. A continued strength. It seemed that whatever this strength was that it began to flare up in her once more as the rest against the ground got slightly more difficult to hold. But still. His hold down held.

However, Jack had to admit. Despite this he was weary. The form burned him out quickly. Particularly his previous one, the one that granted him immense levels of magical powers. However, it seemed that the Hyena girls magic sealing powers had rendered Jack all but incapable of defeating her. If he could use magic...yes it would be a relatively easy task to tear her to pieces. To burn her to ashes. And yet. Here he was, only able to hold her down.

" I am weary",

Jack grumbled. Lifting his paw from Iskra. " Perhaps we should continue another day. But. I do commend you tactically...identifying my magical powers and rendering me unable to use them..you played it well to your advantage Matriarch. For that, your powers have earned my respect". He would let Iskra stand.

" I feel there is more for us to discuss...knowing your new found strength. I find myself in the position of requring your aid in a task of my own".

EXP:358
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
LittleMariko

What the Heck? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What the Heck?   What the Heck? EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 3:12 pm

Iskra felt the weight of the male lift above her, and for a moment she thought it might give her the chance for a decisive, well-placed bite, but his words flagged resignation. A bit perplexed, she stood to her feet and smiled. Ostensibly she would learn no humility this day, though she supposed being pressed to the ground like that might've perhaps been a little humbling if she didn't feel as though her efforts resulted in a kind of victory.

She stood, shook herself off, and finally sat, ponderously. She'd learned a lot in a very short span of time, but she still felt as though she lacked strength. Even when the pride demon held her down, there was little she could do to escape his grasp, though if she'd had more energy in her then she would have simply blasted him with stronger magic than just the strange new hex she'd learned. More importantly, she could only engage one opponent at a time in such a manner. If Jack had help or someone to attack her while she was immobilized, then there might have been a bigger problem.

But it seemed that people she was close to wanted her help more often these days. The thought made her happy to no end, but on a gut level moreso than a conscious one. Helping out her new "clan" made her feel less alone... made her feel as though she were doing what was proper instead of the improper way she'd betrayed her people in the past. Her body shifted and she was humanoid again. "How can I help?"

[ EXP: 293 || +1 TEXP (1st post) ]

Back to top Go down
Pennywise
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
Pennywise

What the Heck? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What the Heck?   What the Heck? EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 3:29 pm

Jack had to think for a moment about whether or not bringing another demon in on this was a particularly good business venture. Jacks main plan at this stage was to extend his own influence and of course, defeat the glutton. Jack had...broad thinking ideas to say the least. He wanted influence, but not so that he could rule. More so that he would be feared. Already he had his control of this place. However, it wasn't broad spanning enough.He wanted control of large areas of hell. If only so that he could control the flow of power. The ladder, the food chain. All moving directly in his way. Giving him more and more power. " First of all. As I'm sure you've noticed at the moment hell has several...powerful..demons. But none of them have much ambition beyond claiming little stripes of rock and waste and defending it till their deaths....I personally however...have ambition...". Jack shifted his form. Moving back to his seat and sitting there. Resting himself. " I am not content with our lot....us being...our kind....I have sen what the celestials have....and whilst it is true we are stronger than they individually because of our constant conflicts....they have numbers....they have the ability to work as part of a team....something our kind does not". Jack leaned back.

" In short I plan to become master of this realm, taking it over piece by piece...and whilst your help would be appreciated in such an undertaking...there is another concern that I must deal with first if my plan is ever to go ahead".

Jack closed his eyes, thinking about his time in the tunnels under hells crust. " To rule them, I must rule them with fear....and to do so...I must kill a source of their fear....do you remember when I told you about the abomination. The Glutton?". He thought back to that first time they had fought and the conversation before hand. " I told you I had met a glutton, but said no more....the truth is Iskra that there has arisen another demon of Gluttony...right now. I am hunting it".

Exp: 403
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
LittleMariko

What the Heck? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What the Heck?   What the Heck? EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 3:42 pm

The woman stood and listened quietly, her hand on her chin and her brow furrowed as it often was when she was processing some thought that required her to hold more than one idea in her head at a time. Bringing order to hell? He may as well have been bringing grass to the desert or veganism to dragons.

Yet, if there was anyone she believed could do it, this man in front of her likely could. The hyena spirit certainly found herself awed by him at times, but it was more due to his confidence and his knowledge of arcane rituals than anything she'd outright observed. Indeed, she'd been so distracted by how he impressed her in his strange way that she'd forgotten her plans to sit on his chair. They would reoccur later, no doubt, but for now she wondered about this glutton thing and how dangerous it truly was.

But those thoughts only lasted a moment as well. She cared for the pride demon and considered him as family. If he was going to face something dangerous and needed her help, then she had no choice.

"We'll kill it, then."

[ EXP: 211 ]

Back to top Go down
Pennywise
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
Pennywise

What the Heck? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What the Heck?   What the Heck? EmptySat Jun 18, 2011 6:03 am

We'll kill it then

Such simple words put down to such a complicated task. As if it would just be so easy as to just...kill the Glutton. Or would it be? Perhaps he had just been over complicating things. Perhpas he'd been thinking to much about the enormity of the task and had just failed to actually go ahead and...do it. Sometimes it seemed that a simpler more animal like perspective on these things was required. And Iskra seemed to have provided just that much. For now though it seemed that he would need to settle his base of power. As well as train for the task ahead. Isra had showed him in this fight that his reliance on his immense magical energy was far too much of a weakness to be abided. There were spells apparantly that sealed such talents and losing those powers meant losing his ability to fight, end of story.

" Ah yes...that we shall...but first I feel the need to hunt, there are creatures that have been creeping into my domain the more and more that I leave for Terra, or even to hunt the glutton....I must put an end to this...and bend them to my will..or destroy them utterly....".

He smirked and tilted his head. " Dear Matriarch...care to join me in this hunt?". He was inviting her along for. Practical purposes. However. It was likely something that would be a team building experience. Something completely new and foriegn to Jack. Still. The idea of not being used to such a thing as pack huntinng. Only seemed to him like a weakness. It was weakness to rely on others. But at the same time. Taking the help of them. Was not the same as relying on them. Relying only ever came when you depended on them for everything.

EXP: 338
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
LittleMariko

What the Heck? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What the Heck?   What the Heck? EmptySat Jun 18, 2011 5:55 pm

Well, the glutton sounded scary, if she pictured the demon as more than an abstraction... as a flesh and bone monster with the ability to induce horrors, but weren't horrors an abstraction as well? She did better with details: sharp teeth, massive claws, hideous strength, sharp hooves, venomous barbs...

But dealing with lesser, weaker demons was something she knew, and it sounded fun. Indeed, she hadn't met many creatures wandering alone in Externus who could manage to corner or best her. Their solitude made them weak as far as she was concerned, and even if she appeared alone, she knew her clan lived on in her, and that thought gave her strength.

So with an uncharacteristically bright enthusiasm springing from this new sense of trust, she nodded her head so vigorously that the spots of her head danced up and down, the weariness of the previous skirmish lost on her for the moment in her excitement. "Let's do it."

[ EXP: 191 || +1 TEXP (2nd thread) ]

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

What the Heck? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What the Heck?   What the Heck? Empty

Back to top Go down

What the Heck?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Shintheory Role-Playing :: DOR :: Roleplaying Board :: Barathrum Regnum-
Jump to: