Shintheory Role-Playing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shintheory Role-Playing

Welcome to the HUB of Shintheory Roleplaying!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Desperate Times (Open) *

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Soothesayer
Intern
Intern
Soothesayer

Rep! : 12

Desperate Times (Open) * Empty
PostSubject: Desperate Times (Open) *   Desperate Times (Open) * EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 4:07 pm

A dull ache formed at the base of her spine and slowly worked it's way throughout the rest of her body. Pain, unfortunately, was the first of her bodily perceptions to return- inescapable, constant pain. She grunted slightly under her breath as she lifted her head off of the cold, dark ground.

How long was I out...?

Her hands and legs were both bound, and her mouth was gagged. She silently thanked her gods that she wasn't dead quite yet, but she could not help but feel a bit of hopelessness as well. It was dark- extremely so- in whatever place she was being kept in, and if there was something that Alicia hated more than anything, it was not being able to perceive her surroundings. She could only see blackness and hear her own labored breathing in the place; though the reek of sweat permeated the area as well (Alicia was relatively sure it was her own sweat, however).

Maneuvering into an upright position, Alicia was dismayed (but hardly surprised) to find that her armor and weapons has been confiscated. With a slight groan, she began to scoot around the chamber she was being kept in- which sent spasms of pain throughout her body as she did so. [/i]They did quite a number on me, whoever these people... or things... are. Clearly they've left me alive for a reason though.[/i]

After nearly a half hour of crawling around the room, Alicia was able to ascertain the following. One- she was being kept in some sort of stone prison cell. Two- it was most likely night outside due to the complete darkness of the prison and judging by the muted sounds of wildlife outside, and three- she was unbelievably hungry and thirsty. The passage of time between her last conscious thought and now was hardly more than a blur- so it may well have been several days since she had partaken in any food or drink. Her stomach growled angrily at this revelation, but there was little she could do to sate her needs at the moment, other than chewing on her gag (which was, admittedly, a terrible idea).

Gotta find a way to get out of here. Probably slavers, or some group of bandits or another who've made me their new "trophy". Ugh... wondrous upon wondrous occasions.

Having regained at least a small portion of her strength (she had been lightheaded since waking up, but she was finally getting a grasp on reality again), Alicia tested her bonds. They were firm, tight (which hardly surprised her) and made of very thick rope. With another slight groan, Alicia forced herself to stand upright, backing up against a wall and using it as support until she was standing (albeit, rather shakily). Angling her right hand so the base of her thumb was facing towards the ground and placing her left hand outward, palm facing down, Alicia jumped and kicked her legs out from underneath her. She had barely a moment to regret her decision as cold, solid rock connected with her outstretched thumb with the combined force of her weight and gravity.

A loud snap sounded throughout the cell and the Knight screamed in agony (which was thankfully muffled somewhat by her gag). Rolling over, Alicia withdrew her right hand from the bonds, wincing and gritting her teeth as her shattered thumb rubbed against the rough rope. Her left hand, mostly unharmed aside from a few scrapes, quickly followed and she immediately moved to check the amount of damage done to her shattered digit.

Thankfully, the thumb was only broken in two places, though she had also destroyed her nail in the process, causing her hand to drip with blood. Shakily, she removed the gag from her mouth and took a deep, calming breath before wrapping her left hand in the wet cloth, leaving as much of her fingers visible and moblie as she could. She then went to work untying her legs, which took a lengthy ten minutes or so due to her mangled hand. Just as she finished untying herself, she heard approaching footsteps in the distance. Wrapping the rope back around her legs as hastily as she could, she attempted to remove the makeshift bandage from her hand as a key was placed into the door. She placed her hands behind her back and sat on the rope she had removed from her wrists moments before just as the door opened, filling the small cell with torchlight and the reek of another human being. He was large- in terms of both girth and height, but she couldn't make out any significant features due to his face being wreathed in shadow.

"I see you're awake now, my little beauty," came an unpleasant, gravelly voice. "That's good... very good. I see one of the boys already took the liberty of removing your gag, which makes things a bit easier for me. Hate dealing with knots."

A look of recognition crossed Alicia's face as she realized what this man was about to do. She had heard the stories from her tribe- but she never really paid any heed to them as she never considered being caught by bandits as a possibility. Hatred and rage filled her features as the man approached, chuckling.

"Got some fight left, I see. Don't worry- we'll break you from that in a bit. Too bad these ropes are gonna pose a bit of a problem, but I'm sure you wouldn't mind if I moved ya around a bit, now would you?"

It took all of Alicia's remaining willpower to restrain herself. If she struck too soon, the man would beat her to unconsciousness, or worse, again and she would be able to do nothing to stop him. She allowed herself to be maneuvered from her position, her face towards the ground and her lower body raised into the air. Luckily the man was too focused on undoing his fly to notice her untied hands and the discarded rope in the dim light. Once she heard his trousers drop to the floor, she grinned ever-so-slightly.

"Don't worry, little miss," cooed the bandit as he leaned forward and reached for her belt, "this will only hurt for a while."

"Actually," she replied in a matter-of-fact tone, "I beg to differ."

Swiftly placing her palms on the ground to brace herself, Alicia kicked outward, grinning with immense satisfaction as her boot connected with the man's bare groin with as much force as she could muster. A loud groan escaped from the man's lungs as he fell forward, plummeting towards the solid stone floor. Alicia rolled quickly out of the way, causing the man's face to connect with rock- shattering his nose and several of his teeth. He was out like a light instantly.

Wasting no time, Alicia bound his hands in the rope she had previously been tied in. She searched his pockets for the keys and was lucky to find not only a keyring, but also a short blade on his belt. Closing and locking the door to her cell, Alicia ran towards a nearby staircase, taking a sentry by surprise and subsequently slitting his throat without breaking stride. Upon reaching the top of the staircase she was met with two more very surprised bandits. Using the momentum she had gained from running, she leapt forward, thrusting her blade deep into one man's chest before wrenching the sword free, pirouetting and throwing it directly into the forehead of the other in one fluid motion.

She paused a moment, checking her surroundings before noting a large chest in the corner of the room. With her adrenaline racing through her body, Alicia rushed forward, pulling out the keyring and trying several keys before finding the correct one. Alongside of several other possessions, Alicia found her trusted blade, Nyla, and her armor, which she promptly fit herself into. It took nearly double the amount of time it would normally take her to equip her armor, what with her broken thumb and constant (although somewhat subdued now) pain. She took a few extra moments to strap a few daggers that weren't hers to her waist before nodding and rushing to the door, kicking the portal down.

A most distressing sight awaited the Knight on the other side of the door, however, as it appeared as if the rest of the bandits had marshaled outside of this room in some sort of feasting hall, where it appeared one of them was having a birthday. After a moment of stunned silence, the bandit who had been lucky enough to be born on this day blew out the candles on his cake (albeit, with a look of extreme confusion on his face). This, for whatever reason, broke the spell of silence and several armed men rushed forward to subdue a somewhat bemused-looking Alicia. She took down each for who ran towards her in rapid succession, lazily parrying their haphazard strikes and grinning at their overall ineptness. They had to have taken her by surprise to catch her, as these men had no skill at all with a weapon.

Or so she thought, until a six-inch dagger suddenly found itself protruding from her abdomen.

Crying out in pain, Alicia ripped the blade from her stomach and rammed it into the eye of the next bandit, looking around the room for her assailant. However, before she could note her first attacker, a second one struck, this time with a bow. An arrow embedded itself inbetween the plates of her armor above her right shoulder.

"F%$@!"

After shouting another expletive or two, Alicia whipped a dagger into the bowman's chest, knocking him to the ground with the force of the throw. He fell onto the table next to the "birthday boy", who was attempting to look disinterested by eating his cake. Sighting a staircase to her left, Alicia dashed for it, narrowly avoiding another dagger from her unseen assailant. Upon reaching the top of the stairs, she pivoted and thrust her sword behind her, piercing a dagger-wielding (presumably the man who had been throwing them at her) bandit through his right shoulder directly into one of his longs. With a loud wheeze, the man threw one final knife at the Knight before dying, impaled on her weapon. The blade caught the side of her face, cutting her left cheek. Wincing, Alicia tore her sword from the man's corpse nodding at the few remaining bandits who had decided that cake was more important than subduing their escapee.

Upon reaching the outside of the compound, Alicia broke the arrow's haft off, leaving the point itself still embedded in her arm. She was bleeding heavily from her stomach wound, but she was relatively sure that, provided she could get to a safe place relatively soon, she would be able to stop the flow of blood. As the last of the adrenaline left in her body began to wear off, the many wounds the Knight had suffered began to burn with intense pain, alongside her previous aches and her broken thumb. By the time she had reached a somewhat safe distance from the bandit's lair, she was very nearly weeping from pain and exhaustion.

Falling onto the ground in the middle of a small grove, Alicia realized she had absolutely no idea where she was. The sun was rising on the horizon, but she didn't think she had the strength to go on any further and simply lay panting in the dirt for a few seconds, before forcing herself upright. She laboriously took off her armor again and looked at the wound on her stomach, which was still bleeding. Taking off her shirt, she quickly tore the cloth into several strips and tied them as tightly as she could around her wound to, hopefully staunch the bleeding. After a few tense moments, Alicia was relatively sure she had stopped bleeding from her abdomen and moved onto her shoulder. Removing one of the daggers from her belt, she angled it as best as she could tell and pushed it into the arrow-wound. Her vision blackened for a brief moment as she almost passed out from the pain, yet she worked the bolt out of her shoulder eventually, crying and biting on a strip of her shirt so she couldn't be heard screaming.

After removing the remains of the arrow from her arm, Alicia let out a withering, tear-laden sigh. As tough as she was, this was all too much for her- especially in one sitting. She leaned back against a tree and sank to the ground, still weeping and bleeding from her shoulder wound. She could do nothing to staunch it though, as she had no energy at all left as she drifted into unconsciousness.

EXP Gained: 2410
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

Rep! : 56

PostSubject: Re: Desperate Times (Open) *   Desperate Times (Open) * EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 1:06 am

As an adventurer, it was safe to say that I had been on the move for quite a while. The traveling that I had been doing thus far seemed to go full circle starting with my mecca to Mare Maris, then the trip south through the mountains to the desert region where I met several interesting figures. Among those I met, I ended up traveling some time with a bandit thief named Eri who traveled with me from Rajeh to our current position in Medius. In entering a small village, we stumbled upon a generic job to rescue a princess that failed miserably. Though we did not complete the job due to outside interference, it did me back into contact with Yuki, a mercenary whom I taught a crash course in swordsmanship to, and Little Hunter, who would probably fit best in the category of a work related buddy who I spent much of my adolescence life with before our splitting. Aside from meeting and catching up with people from various stages in my past, the job allowed us to clear out and inhabit a large unclaimed, at least by humans, multi room housing structure (mansion) that had been the lair of the previous tenant who was no more. In addition to the mansion, we also seemed to be in proximity of a large glowing stone who no one knew did what.

Still, all of that was in the past and currently I found myself in the persona of Battousai, slender with shoulder length white hair, having woken up early that morning to perform some scouting of the area we were in. I would be wearing a simple pair of oversized khaki pants with a white tee shirt on, two sheathed swords crossed in an X on my back with a black mask covering the bottom of my face with attached ‘devil horns’ that protruded at the top from either side of my forehead. In my travels I knew that I had to be sensitive of various things such as tribal hunting grounds, claimed territories and dens containing wild animals or worst, demons. Having moved away from the large estate of multiple acreage, I make my through a sparsely wooded area coming into the same grove as a victim of some type of abuse. The manner in which I would stumble across her would be happen stance, given the fact that she wasn’t currently making an excessive amount of noise. Still, my ability to sense changes in my surroundings would tip me off to a presence and the movement made by the young lady would be noticed enough to draw my attention to it.

At first I am wary of the woman’s presence until I see that she is injured. I move towards her but soon find that the slumped young lady has already lost consciousness. Seeing her wounds, I immediately look around the area to see if there was anyone pursuing her. It seemed as if the area were clear for the moment, so in looking back to her, my first thought is to ascertain if she has anything of value on her personage to take. While thinking this, an inner voice speaks out telling me not to go that route, probably based on the fact that the victim was a woman of fair complexion. To the persona of Battousai, such things didn’t matter, as she was simply a slain person of no value. But the Kami influenced persona of Jyn’Rai would protest enough that Battousai would lose interest in the situation and a Phase Shift would occur. With that and a flash of a bright light, I would change forms from that of a slender swordsman to a slightly more built male, now with short white hair. Looking down though a new mindset, I would frown slightly wondering what could have happened to this woman and why. Within me, Battousai suggests, it may be the after effects of a territorial or tribal dispute. Either way, I knew that something had to be done with the young lady and I couldn’t simply leave her here; it just sucked that I didn’t know any healing magic. I did know, however, basic first aid and the importance of cleaning wounds. Deciding to move before whoever did this to her had a chance to catch up, I lean down and scoop up the young lady, taking her in my arms, and awkwardly trudge my way back towards the mansion lair. The armor would have to stay there for now, since carrying them both would be a bit much.

I find myself able to get her back to the housing structure where I enter in through the rear courtyard and head upstairs with her. I didn’t seem like any of the others there were currently stirring; it was still early after all. Walking down the west wing of the second floor, I am able to press open one of the doors to the six or so bedrooms and carry the injured female warrior in, lying her on the soft, but slightly dusty mattress within; needless to say, we hadn’t actually cleaned or did anything other than kill all the creatures that had previously infested the mansion. After laying her down, I leave the room to fetch a pale of water and as clean of a rag as I’m able to locate within the house. After finding said item, I make my way back to the room to begin the process of cleaning her wounds if she hadn’t already awoken.

Persona: Battousai (pic), Jyn'Rai (banner) | Timeline: Current | EXP: 996 / 996
Back to top Go down
Soothesayer
Intern
Intern
Soothesayer

PostSubject: Re: Desperate Times (Open) *   Desperate Times (Open) * EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 3:40 am

Pain, it seemed, was a reoccurring theme for Alicia. While she was no rookie when it came to physical injury, she was certainly not a fan of agony- as she certainly made clear when she was torn from her slumber (no matter how restless).

With a loud yelp, Alicia shot up from the cot she had been placed on, sending clouds of dust flying from the ancient mattress. Her eyes met those of a pale, thin man with white hair- though who he was and where exactly she was being held were beyond her. Regardless of the details, this was the second time (out of two times) in the last few hours (days? weeks?) where she had woken up in a strange place with potentially hostile men around her.

And she wasn't having any of it.

In a flash, the Knight was off the bed and on the floor, scrambling away from the man and moving to draw her weapon. Her body, however, had far from healed in such a short frame of time, and had other ideas. She shouted again as white-hot pain ripped through her stomach- her wound reopening and fresh blood spilling onto the ground. Despite her injuries, she leveled her sword at the white-haired man, her lip curled in both pain and fury.

"One reason-" she winced, breathing heavily, "Just one as to why I shouldn't make you into mince-" Retching, she vomited- blood and bile- onto the floor.

A look of dismay crossed her features; a realization that for once in her life, she could not fight her way out of a situation. "-Meat... Shit..."

EXP: 293 + 2410 = 2703
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

PostSubject: Re: Desperate Times (Open) *   Desperate Times (Open) * EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 4:27 pm

The awakening was very abrupt; from out of nowhere the young lady shot up while I was at her side. The first thought in my head was ‘shit!’ given the fact that it caught me off guard, but after steeling my bowels, I started to think about the type of mind set the young lady should be in given her current situation. It was a given that in a new place that should be unfamiliar to her that she should be confused. With this thought process in mind, I hold up a hand with the other holding a towel that was in the process of being drawn from a bucket of water. I didn’t want to seem intimidating or dangerous given the fact that she might very well freak out, which would make things harder on me in trying to help her. As she shouts I would advise her, “calm down… you probably shouldn’t move that much…” The interesting part was where she had pulled her sword from and how she knew it was there. I suppose in my haste and silliness I had neglected to sit it somewhere outside of bedside reach; it would be a notated note to self. With the vomiting, my gaze shifts down as the floor is covered in her spewing fluids and my nose wrinkles a bit as I more or less breathe under my breath, “ew… I’m going to have to clean that up…” As she speaks ‘meat’ I look up to her in an incredulous manner thinking to myself, ‘you couldn’t possibly be hungry after hurling like that?’ Of course that would be a misunderstanding on what she was probably actually trying to say. If she had gotten a chance to look over her body, I would suggest, “Maybe you should let me clean your wounds? Or you could let me know what happened to you. You don’t look like a bad person…” Internally I had to deal with the mentally verbal abuse of my unsocial persona telling me that I was being too naïve in attempting to help someone who I knew nothing about.

Persona: Jyn'Rai | Timeline: Current | EXP: 368 / 1364
Back to top Go down
Soothesayer
Intern
Intern
Soothesayer

PostSubject: Re: Desperate Times (Open) *   Desperate Times (Open) * EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 9:59 pm

Alicia shakily lowered her weapon, still eying the man warily. She didn't know him- she didn't claim to know his intentions, regardless of how nice he seemed to be. Nevertheless, there was very little the Knight could do right now in terms of self-defense. If he actually tried anything... well, she still had another dagger in her boot.

"Not hungry... finishing the sentence."

Beyond that, she didn't respond to her potential savior. Struggling to her feet, Alicia slowly made her way back to the mattress, sheathing her blade as she went. If the strange man made any moves to help her, she ignored them. She may have been injured, but she was by no means helpless as of yet (though a few moments ago was another issue entirely). Holding the stab wound on her stomach, she laid back down- keeping her eyes on the man as she did so.

After a few moments of awkward silence (aside from the sound of water sloshing about the pail whenever the man dipped the steadily bloodying rag he was using to clean her wounds into it) Alicia cleared her throat- glancing uncomfortably from side to side. With an exasperated sigh, she sat up again, less violently and turned to the man. "Listen..." she muttered, maintaining eye contact with him, "Thanks for what you're doing and everything- but I'm pretty sure I can take care of the rest on my own--" her wounded stomach growled angrily and she sighed again, frowning. "Provided I could get some food, water, and a needle and thread to stitch myself up with. I'll be out of your hair within the next half hour. I've got some business to take care of around the woods you found me in- business that can't wait."

While she still seemed rather distrustful of the stranger, she still appeared to be rather grateful for the assistance. Her gaze never left the man as she awaited his answer, boring into him a bit unsettlingly.

EXP: 378 + 2703 = 3081
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

PostSubject: Re: Desperate Times (Open) *   Desperate Times (Open) * EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 11:00 pm

My thoughts are straightened as her terms are clarified, giving me an internal ‘oooh’ moment which made me feel a bit better that I hadn’t asked that out loud. From the point of picking herself up, I just kind of watch her as she does so standing by awkwardly not wanting to get in her way. By watching her actions I attempted to get a bit of a feel for her as a person. I didn’t really want to force help onto her since forcing things onto injured women didn’t seem to be a good idea, so I stand uncomfortably until she returns to the bed. As she lays back down, my body moves back forwards with my attention shifting back to the stab wound on her stomach as I leaned over her. I noticed that she had already taken off her shirt and used pieces from it as make shift bandages; I would have to find something better and probably cleaner for the time being, but for the time being the dirtied cloths would have to be removed for cleaning. I didn’t know how long something like that would take to heal, but I agreed with her future sentiment that it would be best if it were sewn up.

Thus, since she had lain back down and was still, I could get back started on cleaning her wounds for her. As described there would be the dipping of the rag into the water filled bucket, the wiping of blood and debris from infected areas and the re dipping and wringing of the rag, causing the once clear water to take on a crimson tint. I attempt to be as gentle as I could, but things like this required thorough attention. Though she kept her eyes on me, I would pay more attention to cleaning her up then returning that eye contact. My attention is gathered, however, when she speaks. Deciding not to fight her on the issue, I would answer, “no problem. If you think that’s what you want to do that’s fine. I would recommend you rest at least a day, though.” Not pushing that any further, I make the final wipe on her skin before depositing the rag in the bucket. Taking the cleanest portion of her ripped shirt, I would bundle it up and place it on the more prominent wound that was on her torso. I wipe my damp hands on my pants and admit in an earnest tone, “me and a few others just move into this place recently, so I’m not sure if we have needle and thread… someone might, but I’ll check around.” I felt that me leaving for a moment with some type of purpose would at least give her some time to rest. If she weren’t constantly looking at me, it was my hope that she could relax and take it easy for a while. Since the others would be waking up soon, it would probably be best to explain the situation to them before hand as well. Not really wanting to use it, but doing so for the purpose of easing her, my inner kami allows me to emit a low level magical charm that should at least make me appear more favorably in her unsettled eyes. The subtle invisible aura is concluded with, “it might take me a moment to find something; just keep pressure on it and relax for now and I’ll return.”

Persona: Jyn'Rai | Timeline: Current | EXP: 602 / 1966
Back to top Go down
Soothesayer
Intern
Intern
Soothesayer

PostSubject: Re: Desperate Times (Open) *   Desperate Times (Open) * EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 12:02 am

With a slight nod at the man's parting words Alicia did just as she was told and applied pressure to her wound. Under normal circumstances, the absence of said man would allow Alicia the perfect time to leave the place and to return to the bandit compound to check the prison for other people. She would have done so if she had been less worried about escaping alive- but she was willing to place any amount of money on the fact that the bandits wouldn't be looking for another fight after the amount of losses they had faced last time they trifled with her blade. Nevertheless, a good bit of guilt came with this realization- and Alicia hated the thought of leaving innocent people to be murdered and violated when she could have done something about it.

Wincing, the Knight at up again, taking a closer look at her stomach and shoulder wounds. Now that they had been cleaned, the severity of the damage she had sustained was a bit more obvious. The wound on her stomach was deep- very much so. Had the knife been a bit more to the right, her stomach would have been pierced instead of bruised and she would have died a slow, painful death. Her shoulder injury was slightly less grave, but had she not been wearing her armor, her right arm may have been out of commission for at least a half a year. Her thumb was, of course, still shattered- a fact that she was less-than-pleased about, but she also realized it was a necessity given her situation. Given proper care and adequate time to heal, she should be back in shape in little more than a month or so.

Content with the knowledge that she would survive, Alicia laid back down and awaited for the man to return with the needle and thread. Then, she would bid the strange man and his house farewell, return to the compound, free any other prisoners (or at least find out that there weren't any prisoners) and, depending on how murderous the bandits were feeling, finish their group off. With a nod, she closed her eyes for a moment, thinking her strategy through and attempting to recreate the brigand's camp in her mind. However, it appeared that exhaustion still dwelt in her bones, and she drifted off- falling asleep in moments.

EXP = 438 + 3081 = 3519
Back to top Go down
Rek
Veteran
Veteran
Rek

Rep! : 14

PostSubject: Re: Desperate Times (Open) *   Desperate Times (Open) * EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 12:19 am

Desperate Times (Open) * Eri_1

Desperate Times (Open)
Down on the first floor of the large unclaimed structure that has been we had been somewhat trying to get cleaned up and fixed. It is an ancient place left here by those that have moved on. After we had cleared out the unwanted guest that had been staying here... Other than a little troll that I found in the underground floor bath room. He is now normally enslaved in the boiler-room to keep the water hot while I take a bath. My body drapes over the drawing table in the drawing room as I sit in the chair asleep. A few diagram of how to make the big gold thing into a chandelier are lay out across the table. Jyn had jokingly come up with idea after I asked what we was going to do with it. The silence of the morning as broken by a yep of at woman. My eyes open up and I set up in the chair to look around for a moment before deciding that I most just be hearing thinks. My arms comes up over my head as I stretch them out before getting up from the chair. My body moves over to open the creaky old door and I get the scent of blood. It didn't smell like Jyn, nor Yuki's or Jyn's friend that I really have yet to converse with in anyway... or at less I think they are friends. Following the scent... and the little trail of blood coming from the back of the courtyard. My feet make little to no sound as I walk up the steps to come upstairs. Following the blood to one of the bedrooms I stop just before the door as I hear Jyn talking to someone. By the sounds of it Jyn has his hands full. After a few moments I hear him standing up and moving towards the door. As he leaves he is greeted by light poof of dark smoke as large silver house cat rubbing against his leg as it runs into the room. My clothing would on the floor at the point I was standing at.

The silver cat hops up onto the bed with the woman while she is laying down. It sniffs at her as it walks long her form little out a soft, "Nyah."

xp: 388
Desperate Times (Open) * Eri_3
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

PostSubject: Re: Desperate Times (Open) *   Desperate Times (Open) * EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 6:15 pm

As I leave the room, I am greeted with a black puff of smoke and something soft rubbing my leg in passing. Looking down at the passing of the silver cat, I raise an eye brow at it before moving on and out of the room. I suppose I could have given an introduction at that point in time but there was no guarantee that I had seen that form before and what would be the fun in me doing something like that? Either way, I continue on with my current objective which was to bring something to mend the wound with. In my exploring of this house there were various white walled areas with odd shaped wells in them that seemed to have compartments with semi useful medical supplies; thus I would check the bathrooms first. The second floor, as previously described elsewhere, had at least one bathroom in it, so in moving down the hall way, I make my way to the first area described. In entering it, I ignore the mess to look through its compartments. After searching for a while, I locate some string that might be useful in the form of floss. Due to the fact that it was white string, I figured it may have had medical uses in the past. After securing the string, I needed to locate a needle. Not seeing one in this room, I decide to check the other rooms of the house. The search continued.

Persona: Jyn'Rai | Timeline: Current | EXP: 260 / 2226
Back to top Go down
Soothesayer
Intern
Intern
Soothesayer

PostSubject: Re: Desperate Times (Open) *   Desperate Times (Open) * EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 2:50 am

Alicia's eyes snapped open as she felt something climb into the bed with her. Moving to forcibly remove whatever the intruder was, the Knight was more than surprised to see it was a cat of all things that she was about the backhand. Letting out a short sigh, Alicia shook her head and frowned. She was a bit too jumpy of this house and it's residents. Thus far the man had done nothing to harm her despite her constant suspiciousness of him, and now she had almost punched a harmless cat in the mouth for simply leaping onto her cot. Clearly she had to learn how to keep herself in control in times like this- lest she actually harm the help next time (if there was one- which Alicia hoped there would not be, as she was no glutton for pain and punishment).

Nevertheless, the Knight was slightly annoyed that the cat had decided to wait until she had fallen asleep to make her presence known. Alicia knew that she needed rest, if nothing else. Food and water as well- but rest foremost- and this cat was keeping her from doing so. She moved to pick up the feline, wincing slightly as she stretched her shoulder to do so. Failing at that, she simply attempted to shoo the pet away. "Go on- get, cat. I, as you may or may not be able to tell from my injuries, am in dire need of some R&R while I can. I'll be up and out of here within the hour if I can help it."

EXP: 273 + 3519 = 3792
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

PostSubject: Re: Desperate Times (Open) *   Desperate Times (Open) * EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 5:37 pm

From the bathroom, I go into the next few unoccupied rooms. I knew which one Hunter was in, so I wouldn’t go in there to wake him up. I’d stick to the rooms that I knew didn’t have anyone in them. By chance I come into one of the bedrooms that seemed much more feminine and mature than the others. If it were my guess, I would have assumed that a woman who was an elder of a tribe might have stayed in this room based on the tapestry and decorative features of the room. I move to the cabinets and pull out a few draws, look in one of the closets, and shift through various clothing and junk before turning around and noticing an odd contraption. Near the window by a wooden chair with a pillowed seat cushion was a sewing machine. I had never seen such a machine before, but I did notice that it had a needle built into it. Moving over to it, I found that the small adorned wooden drawers on the object held small needles and threads within them. With a grin, I murmur, “found you.” I figured this would be more than enough to sew up the young lady and have plenty left over. With that, I would gather together a spindle of string to go along with the floss I already had as well as two needles.

Persona: Jyn'Rai | Timeline: Current | EXP: 241 / 2467
Back to top Go down
Rek
Veteran
Veteran
Rek

PostSubject: Re: Desperate Times (Open) *   Desperate Times (Open) * EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 7:12 pm

Desperate Times (Open)
The golden eyes of silver color cat just looks at the jumpy woman that was about hit it before letting out the short sigh. By the looks of it the woman has hurt herself far trying to get to the cat and was now trying to shoo it away. The cat seems to ignore the woman's request to leave her alone and sniffs at wound in her gut a little as it looks her over for a few moments. Rather than running off like she wanted it too, the cat's body stretches out before it lays down on the soft bed next to her with its tail moving flapping around in the air hitting the bed and her ever now.
Pyrefies, flickering balls of green light, stat to float up from the floor. Passing through the bed and the woman. The cause a warm fuzzy feeling as it pass through one's body and heals injures. This event last for a few moments. The cat doesn't seem to be too concerned about it as it remains unmoved and just lays there with its head resting on its front paws and eyes closed. One of its tall pointy ears twitches a few times as it purrs.

xp: 204/592
Back to top Go down
Soothesayer
Intern
Intern
Soothesayer

PostSubject: Re: Desperate Times (Open) *   Desperate Times (Open) * EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 9:14 pm

Desperate Times (Open) * Alicia_1

Desperate Times

Hallucinations are generally never a good sign. Seeing a cat sprout magical glowing orbs of light that healed all of your wounds would, to the rational mind, be completely impossible. Alicia was never much of a believer in "magic" or any of that nonsense. In a world rife with demons and evil men, she had never given magic a second thought, and simply dismissed it as an impossibility that existed solely to explain phenomena to children and in stories made up by more imaginative people.

Thus, the magical cat spawning magical balls of magic that magically healed her was caused either by massive loss of blood (and subsequent hallucination) on her part, or the knife or arrow she had been wounded with was covered in some sort of psychotropic poison or another. Taking a deep, steadying breath- Alicia forced herself up from the bed, taking care to keep her head level and not to bump the potentially-hallucination-inducing-feline as she did so. Surprisingly, none of her wounds hurt- though that only reinforced the idea that she had been drugged or poisoned rather than miraculously restored to better health. Hell, even her shattered thumb seemed to be in the right place and the nail on said thumb that had initially been destroyed in her attempt to break it was back together.

"They're all there, Alicia... You're just slowly losing your mind due to the immense amount of stress you've been under lately. And potentially because of drugs. Or blood loss. But probably drugs..."

xp: 297 # 4089 xp
Desperate Times (Open) * Alicia_3
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

PostSubject: Re: Desperate Times (Open) *   Desperate Times (Open) * EmptySat Jun 18, 2011 6:19 pm

After finding a few of the items that I had been searching for, I begin to make my way back to the bedroom where the armored young lady I had found rested. While on my way back to that room through the west wing of the mansion, I am able to lightly hear what sounds like talking in the room; it would be the first hint that the young lady hadn’t relaxed enough to sleep. I figured that was probably good since we would want to get her stitched up before attempting to try to get her to rest, though she seemed bent on leaving swiftly.

Making it into the door way, I look in to see her sitting up in the bed. I frown lightly and scold in a soft tone, “that’s not good, you should be lying back.” Not really in the position to tell a stranger what to do, I would hold up the items in my hand and comment, “but I found the needle and string…” I would say and do this while walking into the interior of the bedroom, beyond the bed and to its side. I would sit the items down and inquire for her to remove the cloth from over her stomach, unaware that she had already been healed.

Persona: Jyn'Rai | Timeline: Current | EXP: 217 / 2684
Back to top Go down
Soothesayer
Intern
Intern
Soothesayer

PostSubject: Re: Desperate Times (Open) *   Desperate Times (Open) * EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 12:15 pm

Desperate Times

The white-haired man had returned with needle and thread, as Alicia had asked for. However, she was relatively sure that an antidote for a psychotropic drug/poison/cat-related-thing was a bit more necessary for her personal health than a bit of string and a pointy thing. Nevertheless, she did as she was told (as she was sure she was still terribly wounded at the same time- no amount of narcotics could convince her otherwise) and moved towards the strange man, removing the bandages as she went and exposing her bare stomach, which had miraculously healed. Looking down at where the wound used to be (it would also be evident that the cut on her face was now gone- as well as the arrow wound in her shoulder) wearing an expression of disbelief, Alicia returned her gaze to the man and, in a slightly wavery tone of voice, said:

"I'm the only one seeing this, right? Blood loss and poison sound a lot more realistic to me than a cat that spouts magical healing orbs- if you were to ask me, anyway." She prodded the restored flesh with a finger, frowning at the fact that, on top of looking healed, it felt healed as well. "Magic doesn't exist. It can't. There is no such thing- and even if there was, there would be a lot more explosions about than there already are."

"Please tell me I'm crazy so we can get this over with..."

xp: 266 # 4355 xp
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

PostSubject: Re: Desperate Times (Open) *   Desperate Times (Open) * EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 5:19 pm

As she removed the cloth from her stomach I had expected to see a wound; though I had cleaned the area previously and had her hold the cloth over it until I came back, I didn’t expect to see that it had healed completely. I share the same sense of surprise as she seems to when it is revealed that she seemed to be okay on multiple levels. I didn’t know if whatever healed her was strong enough to remove all the pain and make her one hundred percent like new, but it seemed like magic that she was healed. I figured it either had something to do with the cat or the injured young ladies body; either way I came to the realization that I had ran around the house for nothing. Answering her, I would comment, “no, you seem fine. Well, that’s good.” A grin is on my face as the young lady seemed a bit freaked out, almost as if she didn’t believe what was going on. Correcting the last portion of her speech I correct, “well, magic does exist, but that’s not the only thing that’s… I guess mystical. There’s ki and spiritual energy as well. From what I can tell, you’re not crazy, just ill informed about the world. Where did you say you were from?”

Persona: Jyn'Rai | Timeline: Current | EXP: 232 / 2916
Back to top Go down
Soothesayer
Intern
Intern
Soothesayer

PostSubject: Re: Desperate Times (Open) *   Desperate Times (Open) * EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 3:02 pm

Desperate Times

Incredulous was about the only way you could describe the look Alicia gave the white-haired individual as he spouted off about spiritual mumbo-jumbo and magic being real. Alicia liked to think she was a relatively understanding and thoughtful person, even when it came to off-the-wall theories and ideas. But magic? A physical manifestation of one's personal will or the energy around them into a focal point of power? It was a stretch- even for her.

Nevertheless, it was rather difficult for her to explain her lack of wounds with anything other than magic. Nothing natural could have made her heal from her injuries as fully and quickly as she had. Had she waited the requisite month or so for her body to patch itself up, she would have still bore the scars of her battle and her thumb would, most likely, have some form of permanent disability or another. However... she felt great. In fact, she probably hadn't felt this good physically in a while- no longer exhausted as well as no longer injured (as she was almost always sporting some minor wound or another). It was a bit relieving, but also a bit odd- almost an entirely new feeling for the Knight.

"Say I'm not insane and you aren't a rambling idiot," she began, before covering her mouth quickly and giving the man an apologetic look, "Sorry- no offense. It's a bit difficult for me to believe in all of this magic nonsense... But it appears to be the only logical conclusion based on what little knowledge I have on the subject and on the fact that I am no longer wounded by any means. But try to see things from my perspective here: a random cat jumped up, spouted glowing orbs of light which miraculously healed my wounds like they were nothing, and then resumed to sleep next to my bed as if nothing happened. Any sane person would be more than a bit... Disbelieving of such an event. It's a magical CAT. Kitten. As in small, house-owned feline. If cat's have power of ki or spiritual energy or mana or whatever you want to call it- why don't people like myself? Or you, for that matter?"

"And, if you must know, I'm from the Rockland- a small tribe located on the outskirts of Medius. In my twenty two years, I've never had to deal with magic or anything like it from both bandits and monsters. A bit wary of it suddenly popping up from a cat when I need it most? Yeah, you could say that."

xp: 472 # 4827 xp
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

PostSubject: Re: Desperate Times (Open) *   Desperate Times (Open) * EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 6:29 pm

An eye brow rises at the idiot part, but it seems to be smoothed over as she continued to talk. I didn’t see her point of view due to the fact that I had been introduced to magic at a very early stage in life. I hadn’t give much thought to the fact that some people may have lived forever and never actually come across it; after all, it was rather rare in this world and individuals who could use magic were almost thought of as higher beings. From her words, I am able to decipher that it was the cat who had healed her, so my suspicions on that were confirmed; still I didn’t think that I knew Eri could perform healing magics… though there was a lot that I didn’t know about her when compared to the stuff that I did know. After she asked why I specifically didn’t have magical powers, I would scratch the back of my neck modestly with a look of ‘about that…’ but not actually say anything. Moving right into things I begin, “I’ll start with an introduction. I’m Jyn, a traveler originally from Mare Maris. I guess since I’ve traveled around, I’ve seen a lot of things…” A bit distracted that the fair lady was semi nude, I would walk towards the closet while talking; I could at least attempt to be a little bit if a gentleman. Reaching the closet I walk into it, continuing to speak, “…it seems like you’re a little sheltered, so maybe it’s fate that brought you here today, but the cat’s not the only who can use magic or ki energy; it’s just that I can’t heal other people, so I thought I would be forced to do it the old fashion way. I didn’t know that Eri could heal until now.” Coming out of the closet, I hold a light colored summer dress that looks like it should at least fit the young lady. I offer it to her concluding, “technically, magic isn’t something that all humans can use, so after thinking about it, I kind of understand your surprise.”

Persona: Jyn'Rai | Timeline: Current | EXP: 375 / 3291
Back to top Go down
Rek
Veteran
Veteran
Rek

PostSubject: Re: Desperate Times (Open) *   Desperate Times (Open) * EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 10:47 pm

Desperate Times (Open)
My ear twitches a little as the girl seems thing has been drugged and is seeing things and Jyn is trying to claim her down. I find the ins and outs of the converse to be rather amusing as the girl seems to have never been seem magic before let alone had someone use it to heal her. She must think a healer is one of those crazy hacks that like to use leaches and bloodletting to cure people of their ailment. Poor girl. My tail flops around as I lay on the bed, and Jyn tries to enlighten the girl that there is such a thing like mana and ki and spiritual energy that people are able to use to do many things with. For someone that comes from a tribe where magic is used to make and build just about everything a world without magic would be odd. My body stretch out across the bed as the girl still seems to have a hard time believing Jyn's words to be true... even going as far as calling him a rambling idiot. This makes me snicker a little.

"You know me Jyn, I like to be full of surprises." A male voice comes from the cat as Jyn gets done explain that he himself couldn't heal other people and didn't know that I'm able too.

xp: 226/818
ooc: don't let me hold the rp I'm just a cat after all.
Back to top Go down
Soothesayer
Intern
Intern
Soothesayer

PostSubject: Re: Desperate Times (Open) *   Desperate Times (Open) * EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 1:35 pm

Desperate Times
Responses piled up in Alicia's head as the man continued on about magic and ki and about how he was from Mare Maris and about how some humans can use magic. She understood it- she grasped the concept- clearly it did exist; but it was a bit much for her to take right now- regardless of how real it actually was. Things didn't help matters when the cat spoke. Because a cat spoke.

"Did that cat just talk?"

Alicia looked for a chair to sit on and, finding none, decided the floor was good enough for her rump. It was all too much for her- getting captured and very nearly tortured by bandits and almost losing her life to the grievous wounds she sustained thereof. Waking up in some strange house with strangers all around. Witnessing and experiencing magic for the first time in her life- as well as being schooled on it's general existence and how sheltered of a life she truly lead. And the talking magical cat didn't help matters at all. Her usual strong demeanor crumbled and was replaced with that of an emotionally exhausted teenager, and she was very close to tears as these realizations hit her. She pulled her knees in close to her body and rested her forehead on them, not saying anything for a moment before taking a deep breath and lifting her head, but trying to hide the fact that she was very nearly crying at the same time.

"Can I please sleep now...? This is all... I mean- thank you for what you've done... But I need sleep," her stomach growled in protest, "And possibly some food, if you can spare it? I'm... I'm exhausted. It's too much to take in right now."

xp: 317 # 5144 xp
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

PostSubject: Re: Desperate Times (Open) *   Desperate Times (Open) * EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 6:48 pm

“Right…” I respond to the cat, slightly distracted in my own world of thought. Now that was a bit unsettling; though I figured Eri could take on this kitty form, I didn’t know the voice was male. I thought of Eri in a feminine manner and wanted to keep that illusion in my head; it drove one of my current goals, but not getting into that, I simply convince myself that it was just the voice of a very deep female, or that female cats have male sounding voices. Looking towards Alicia as she answers her question, I would off handedly answer, “oh, yeah.” The seemingly semi breakdown occurs and after the question, I’m rubbing the back of my neck allowing, “sure that’s fine. I guess this is a lot to take in. I’ll check for some food, but feel free to get some rest in the mean time.” Requesting sleep and food from strangers; it would seem as if she went from quickly trying to leave to comfortable… that much was fine, though. It was no problem to whip up some rice and on top of that, I hadn’t eaten yet. Looking to Eri, I would request, “she might want to be alone” but whether or not the cat permitted this would ultimately be up to her… or him. With that, I would head towards the rooms door, turning and making sure, “are you sure you’re okay to be alone?”

Persona: Jyn'Rai | Timeline: Current | EXP: 255 / 3546
Back to top Go down
Soothesayer
Intern
Intern
Soothesayer

PostSubject: Re: Desperate Times (Open) *   Desperate Times (Open) * EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 12:19 pm

Desperate Times
"I'm... I'm all right. I just need some rest."

She didn't move from her position, regardless of whether or not the two actually left (though she was fairly certain that the man would at least honor his word. Cat's rarely gave a flying shit about what other people wanted since they were, you know, cats). Her thoughts coursed through her mind, turbulent and all-consuming for a short period of time.

Just how long was I out? What's become of the tribe in my absence? Does the tribe even need me anymore? What of the other prisoners in the compound? Has my absence lead to their demise or abuse?

Did Father know about Magic? Did Father keep Magic from me?

These ideas stirred chaotically about her head for a short while- taunting her with assumptions of truth and possibilities of lies. Considering the sheer amount of mental stress she had been under in at least the last few hours (waking up in a strange place, being nearly violated, being mortally wounded, nearly dying alone, waking up in another strange place while still being mortally wounded, seeing a cat perform magic, being introduced to magic, having to listen to a cat speak, etc.), no matter how hard she tried to dissect these thoughts, they simply continued to remain enigmas to her. Eventually, she passed out where she sat, her head resting on her knees and her eyes slowly closing as she fell into a fitful slumber, full of manic nightmares as her mental conundrums continued to assault her- but it was a slumber nonetheless.

Should probably look into getting some clothes instead of running around half-naked... was the last, albeit somewhat odd considering her current mindset, thought to go through her head before she passed out on the floor.

xp: 348 # 5492 xp
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

PostSubject: Re: Desperate Times (Open) *   Desperate Times (Open) * EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 6:18 pm

With her confirmation, I would take her word for it and move out of the room to give her some time. After exiting the door, I pause for a moment and give a sigh as I wondered if she would end up being all right. I murmur to myself, “I think we traumatized her for life…” A grin would stretch across my face as I shrug, “ah… she’ll be okay.” With that, I had my job ahead of me; I needed to secure food as well as a place to store food. Since this was more than a temporary housing structure now and we were the tenants, I figured I might as well make the place useful for storage. With those thoughts in mind, I begin to walk towards the stairway that led down to the ground floor where the main entrance and ballroom were. From there I would head out the back door towards the patio and then look out into the backyard. I didn’t know how good the hunting would be around here, but I did see a few bore trails in my scouting earlier. With that, I would head outside moving away from the house to the north to find a good hunting ground; I would worry about where to store whatever I caught after caught it.

Persona: Jyn'Rai | Timeline: Current | EXP: 223 / 3769
Back to top Go down
Soothesayer
Intern
Intern
Soothesayer

PostSubject: Re: Desperate Times (Open) *   Desperate Times (Open) * EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 3:55 pm

Desperate Times
Sleep didn't come as easily to the Knight as she would have hoped- as her turbulent thoughts kept her from getting a grasp on Lethe. Nightmares plagued her slumber- ideas of failure- of people being hurt because of her ineptitude- of not being the Knight she had promised her father she would be. Worries of her inequities assaulted her throughout her short jaunt into sleepless dormancy.

When Alicia awoke several hours later to discover that she didn't really feel much better- it didn't really surprise her much. In her fitful forty-winks, she had managed to make her way from one side of the room to the other via flailing and rolling about in her slumber. Covered in dust from the floor, she stood, rubbing the sleep from her eyes as she did so before trying to wipe the dust off her body. Her stomach roared in response to her sudden action, protesting the burst of activity as loudly as it could. Realizing it had been several hours since the man had left in search for food, she frowned- gathering the possessions she had with her and venturing out of the room she had been being kept in.

To say the house was much larger than she had originally anticipated was a bit of an understatement, as she slowed her stride to barely a crawl once she reached the foyer. She had been in her fair share of mansions within Rockland and the outer Core District of Medius- so it was less awe and more surprise that caused her to slow her step. As odd as it was for her to actually be staying in one of the mansions she would normally raid for belongings, her stomach was having none of her shock and awe- and it clawed angrily at the inside of her abdomen for sustenance of some sort. Holding her stomach, Alicia dismissed the largeness of the house and began her search for the kitchen- or perhaps the pantry.

It hardly occurred to her at this point that there may be other members in the house- and that the tattered bits of shirt that she still wore did little in terms of modesty; though, honestly, it didn't matter to her at this point as well. If she ran into someone, she'd worry about it then- or perhaps after she found some food. If the cat and the white-haired man had more friends here, she had no doubt they were just as odd as those two- and thus they would probably think nothing of a half-nude woman sneaking about their house in search of victuals.

Probably.

xp: 476 # 5968 xp
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

PostSubject: Re: Desperate Times (Open) *   Desperate Times (Open) * EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 7:32 pm

I move north away from the mansion in my initial search for a hunting ground. The areas between the large estates were overrun by groves, tall grasses and shrubbery. While moving through these areas, I happen upon a boar’s trail that would assist me in my hunting efforts. After following the boar trails, following various off routes and finding the nest at the end of it, I enter into a not so random encounter and by the end of about forty five minutes, I find myself with a decent catch in a large momma boar.

After the slaying, I would lift it by its rear legs and basically drag it back to the mansion, sliding the heavy carcass across the ground for the distance between the hunting grounds and the mansion. I would re enter familiar grounds from the rear northern courtyard and then proceed to the Terrance; eventually I would come into the Great Hall where I would release the boar’s body for the time being. After getting into the house, I needed to find a place to store it. Remembering many structures in the western area of the ground floor that seemed as if they could contain various items, I take the boar back up and proceed to the kitchen.

Upon arrival to the kitchen via the hallway between the Dining and Billiards room, I notice the appliances of memory. Though it looked as if a bit had been taken out of the kitchen due to half of it being teleported by the activation of the large ominous crystal gem that rested near its west end, we still seemed to have the refrigerator, the oven and the dishwasher machine. After my entry into the room, I examine these three structures and come to the conclusion that the refrigerator, powerless as it was, wasn’t structured correctly to hold the boar whole. My gaze shifts to the dishwasher as I comment “the compartments here are in the way…” Turning my attention to the over, I decide that the easiest thing was to pull the metal racks out it and use that as a storage place for the boar. After tossing the boar in the over, I close the door to it; I had noticed that a portion of the oven was burnt, though I didn’t know how to manifest fire in it, I felt it was probably used as a fireplace. After thinking about it for a moment, I pull the boar out of the oven and then toss it onto the kitchen counter. Turning back to the oven, I decide, “I need fire wood…” With that, I would have to head back outside.

I would proceed in collecting fire wood and bringing it into the kitchen with enough to last for the days needs. I would then place some of the wood into the oven and go through the process of starting a fire. With the fire lit, I would search the various cabinets to find a metallic bowl that looked like it could handle something being cooked in it. “Small fireplace…” I would murmur lightly wondering how to fit the bowl in there, but that was when I remembered the metal racks I took out previously. “Ah, I’m so smart…” I realize as I slide one of the metal racks into the center of the oven, slowly deciphering the ways of the ancient race. With that, I realize that I did not have water. With a sigh, I attempt to remember of there were any sources of water around here. Due to no power being at the water stations, the sinks and facets would not have water pressure to work, so I would have to scout some more to secure a water source; that was a pretty big deal.

I leave yet again, this time with buckets gained from the bathrooms, in search of a water source. I don’t have to go far since the fountain area was basically a small pond. With that, I gather water and head back inside.

By the time our guest would have awaken, I would have rice being boiled inside of the oven. The boar would be cleaned and dissected with slabs of meat cooking in the oven as well. I would have to keep the fire small, but the smell of meat and rice would fill the wing and lead the way to the kitchen.

Persona: Jyn'Rai | Timeline: Current | EXP: 781 / 4550

Mansion Map:
Back to top Go down
Soothesayer
Intern
Intern
Soothesayer

PostSubject: Re: Desperate Times (Open) *   Desperate Times (Open) * EmptySun Jun 26, 2011 2:38 pm

Desperate Times
Food.

The aroma hit her with all the force of a balista- practically knocking her over as if filled her notstrils. The tantalizing smell of meat (and somewhat less tantalizing, yet nevertheless incredibly appetizing smell of rice) clouded her mind, causing her stomach to growl again and her mouth to water. She had never actually been this hungry before, and her lack of self-control surprised her an awful lot- but she honestly didn't care very much since there was food to be had.

Following her nose to the kitchen, Alicia was pleasantly surprised to find the white-haired man carefully tending a sizable pot of rice and several slabs of meat that were, judging by the bristly hide nearby, most likely boar. She inhaled again, a slight grin forming on her features as she did so. "Sure you cooked enough there, mate?" she said, cupping her hands and drawing water out of one of the buckets, taking a few greedy mouthfuls before moving to help the man.

She began to search through the cupboards for plates, bowls and cups- finding all three rather quickly (busying herself like this generally took her mind off of things- so she was hoping to . Pulling out three of each (one for her, one for him and one for the strange talking cat, should it decide to join), Alicia quickly cleared off a nearby surface and set the dinnerware down before going off to search for silverware as well. Locating the other items- she cleaned each piece as well as she could, using the water from one of the buckets to do so. After she finished all of these things the food would, hopefully, be done cooking.

Her mind off of food for just a moment, the Knight crossed her arms over her torso and nodded towards the man, not embarrassed, but more inquisitive. "If it's not too much to ask as well... Would you know where I could find some clean clothes in here? I wouldn't mind covering up a bit more- but it can probably wait until after we've eaten."

xp: 388 # 6356 xp
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

PostSubject: Re: Desperate Times (Open) *   Desperate Times (Open) * EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 7:23 pm

My attention shifts as I turn to notice the approach of the young lady who seemed to be up and slightly less traumatized. With a social grin, I would comment, “I hope you’re too much of a lady to be able to eat an entire boar yourself...” With a nod, I assure, “we should have enough, she was pretty fat.” Of course, I would be referring to the momma boar when I used ‘she.’ While finishing up the preparations on the food, I would look to see that the young lady seemed to have at least a bit of domestication in her. I took her for the fighter type, but she seemed have another layer past that which was at least admirable. There was something else about her that was pretty attracting as well. Ah, that’s what it was… It wasn’t until the question came that I realized that she still hadn’t put on any clothes; perhaps that’s what the blush on my face indicated. In hindsight, I remembered that I offered her a light blue summer dress when we were upstairs, but it was ignored with the reaction of ‘did that cat just talk.’ I suppose in lieu of being shocked, such things as clothing were minor details. I would simply remind, “sure, there should be a dress lying on the bed you were in upstairs that looks like it’s about your size. If you don’t like that type of thing there’s a door in the same room that should lead to a compartment full of clothing. Feel free to anything you like.” Thumbing over my shoulder to the over, I’d report that, “the food’s done, so help yourself when ready; I’ll let you decide if you want to run up and get covered or just stay like that.” I had no problems with her taking her time getting clothes on. As for me, I figured I would get to eating.

Persona: Jyn'Rai | Timeline: Current | EXP: 339 / 4889

Mansion Map:
Back to top Go down
Soothesayer
Intern
Intern
Soothesayer

PostSubject: Re: Desperate Times (Open) *   Desperate Times (Open) * EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 10:46 pm

Desperate Times
Noting the man's expression, Alicia nodded- stabbing one of the boar steaks and walking away. "I suppose I'll be right back then- can't have you being distracted with an open flame around, I suppose."

With a curt nod, she left the kitchen, making her way back to the room she had been in in a leisurely manner while munching on the steak. The taste of seared flesh flooded her senses, causing her eyes to tear up and her stomach to momentarily reject the gamy flavor. Nevertheless, she ate it- and after a short bit her stomach calmed itself with the steady pace of her walking.

Upon reaching the room, she ignored the blue dress entirely, frowning at the mere thought of having to wear such a thing. Instead, she rummaged through the closet- eventually finding a black tank top and a pair of fingerless gloves. It wasn't her armor- but it would have to do until she could find it... either the strange man left it behind because he couldn't carry it or perhaps she had crawled away from it and simply didn't remember. Regardless- she'd be getting it back soon enough.

Retracing her steps back to the kitchen, Alicia nodded to the man as she re-entered the room, still munching on her boar steak. She moved to fill her glass with water- not really paying much attention to what he was doing at the moment- before swallowing another mouthful of boar and clearing her throat. "So-" she began inbetween bites, "Who exactly are you again? I'm pretty sure we haven't shared names yet."

xp: 297 # 6653 xp
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

PostSubject: Re: Desperate Times (Open) *   Desperate Times (Open) * EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 5:22 pm

A grin would come to my lips as I would attempt to at least act coy by responding, “who’s distracted?...” I shake my head and turn my attention to preparing portions while she made her way to go change. By the time she returned, she would have a plate full of food awaiting her on the kitchen counter. On her return I would motion towards it, indicating it was hers while observing the manner of attire that she seemed comfortable in. During this time I had forgotten about the armor that I had left behind, though Battousai was still mindful of it.

After motioning to her food, I would move to the edge of the counter and begin eating my portion for the day. Of course with a meal that big, there was enough for Yuki, Little Hunter and Eri if they were to come out of the wood works or be drawn by the smell. Answering her question, I would introduce, “I’m Jyn’Rai, a traveler, amateur map maker and adventurer. I guess it’s kind of late, but it’s nice to meet you.” Of course if we hadn’t exchanged names to this point, I would be waiting on her to enlighten me with hers.

Persona: Jyn'Rai | Timeline: Current | EXP: 217 / 5106

Mansion Map:
Back to top Go down
Soothesayer
Intern
Intern
Soothesayer

PostSubject: Re: Desperate Times (Open) *   Desperate Times (Open) * EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 8:40 pm

Desperate Times
"Alicia Landis Murdock," she managed- inbetween bites. She turned her gaze to the man before continuing, "Under normal circumstances there'd be a bow involved, but seeing as you've essentially saved my life- I think such formalities would be rather out of place." Looking a bit embarassed, she looked down at her food again and muttered, "Thanks for that, by the way..."

After a moment of awkward silence, Alicia took another bite of her food- frowning as she did so. "Listen... I'm glad for everything you've done for me. Patching me up- giving me food and drink, as well as lending me some clothes to wear- but I will have to get going soon enough." She took a sip of water before continuing, "You see- you found me in the state I was in due to a battle with bandits. I'm not even entirely sure where I am now- or where I was when I woke up in their cell in comparison to where they first captured me. There were others, I think- other people who had been taken in a similar manner- and who are now either being slaughtered or used as concubines for the brigands. I need to go back to where the bandits took me and to help those who were left behind... And, if there aren't any- then to clear out the rest of the bandits- or at least make sure they won't be doing any pillaging for a while."

xp: 259 # 6912 xp
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

PostSubject: Re: Desperate Times (Open) *   Desperate Times (Open) * EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 9:50 pm

After my self-introduction, I would continue eating my food. Among the foods of the world, simple things like rice and meat were my favorite. Hearing her name, I recognize it had several more syllables than my own. It seemed to be similar to the naming schemes that I heard in the more permanent residents of Mare Maris. “A bow, eh?” I manage while chewing. I swallow and a grin forms at the interpreted bashfulness. I would wave my hand dismissively and assure, “not a problem.” With that, I would resume eating, comfortable in the silence that would have been between the two of us. My attention is gathered once more as she resumes speaking; I continue to eat while I listen though, not captivated enough to keep me away from the delicious meal I managed to scrounge together. With her words, I now remember that I left her armor down there. Hearing her words, I would understand her anxiousness and would speak, “bandits, eh? That’s pretty bad.” I would stand a bit straighter having been leaning over the kitchen counter on my elbows. I hoped that she wasn’t planning on going back there solo. I would inquire, “you thinking about going back there alone? Were you attacked by yourself, or did you have others with you?”

Persona: Jyn'Rai | Timeline: Current | EXP: 248 / 5354

Mansion Map:
Back to top Go down
Rek
Veteran
Veteran
Rek

PostSubject: Re: Desperate Times (Open) *   Desperate Times (Open) * EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 12:52 pm

Desperate Times (Open)
Down in the lower parts of the mansion where it is dark and creepy. I had gotten up off the bed a while ago after resting a little. Healing that girl took out a lot of energy and while I just didn't feel like moving right at the time Jyn asked for us to leave her alone for a little while. But I am feeling rest know and was wanting something good to drink. My bear feet pat on the dusty wooden floor as I study the wall of racks that holds a large number of bottles. I rub the dark skin of arms as the cool air down here was starting to get to me. My cloth, which looks more like swimwear made of soft leather, was made to keep me cool not warm. I guess they are severing there function a little too well at the moment. Pull one of the bottles from the racks, I look over the ancient symbols that makes up what I believe to be the label. I wasn't sure what it said but nothing jumps out at me to scream 'I will kill you'. My golden eyes study the symbols and the bottle for a little while before I bit the cork with my fang and remove it from the bottle. The cork is spit out off to the side and I smell of the red substance that is inside. My nose quickly pulls back from the strong smell of the spirit inside and I look at the bottle for a moment before pocking my little finger in to get it a little wet. Putting my finger into my mouth to get a tease of it, it wasn't poison... well in the means that it wasn't going to kill you anyways. The tease was rather unique to say the less. My lips comes to the bottle and I take a big drink of it as it comes up and back down again. After a moment of licking my lips I give it a nod and head back up stairs to the kitchen. Walking through the main part of the mansion to come around the corner to see Jyn eating at the kitchen counter. "Oy, I found the good stuff." I set the bottle down on the counter after walking over to him. Seeing that the girl was up and already eating. I greet her with a smile, "Feeling better?" The question comes as I move to get a few glasses from the cabinet.

xp: 420/1238
ooc: No longer a cat
Back to top Go down
Soothesayer
Intern
Intern
Soothesayer

PostSubject: Re: Desperate Times (Open) *   Desperate Times (Open) * EmptyMon Jul 04, 2011 4:12 am

Desperate Times
"I was alone- yes," she muttered, "Scouting and looking for items to barter with- as my tribe is in constant need of them to keep necessary goods rolling in. Alas, we have very little to trade material-wise on our own, which is why we have to go towards the core district of the city to loot the ruins within." Standing, she checked to see that her sword was still at her side before nodding, "And I do plan on going back alone- unless you're absolutely insistent on coming? Not very many who'd risk dealing with the brigands on their home turf. I managed to take out a few on my way out of their encampment, but the price I had to pay was probably made quite clear to you."

At that, someone entered the room proclaiming that they had found the "good stuff". Alicia, having her attention focused on Jyn'Rai, didn't quite notice the woman enter the room and thus jumped a little, spinning on her heel and reaching for her sword before stopping herself upon seeing the woman was simply carrying a bottle of wine. She winced, shaking her head and bowing slightly. "Apologies- I'm a bit jumpy today. I am feeling a bit better, though I'm not sure exactly how long that's going to last. And you are...?" She said, watching the girl begin to pull some glasses out of the cabinet.

"If you're getting one for me, I'll have to pass... As nice as you people have been to me, I must get going soon. There are things I left unfinished, as I'm sure your friend Jyn'Rai can tell you."

xp: 295 # 7207 xp
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

PostSubject: Re: Desperate Times (Open) *   Desperate Times (Open) * EmptyMon Jul 04, 2011 4:56 pm

With the explanation, I’m able to understand the situation a bit better, but I still didn’t know about her going back there on her own. Her notion of me being insistent was close enough to what I was thinking. I figured I would offer to go with her and at least she’d be safer than if she just went solo. I could grab Yuki and Eri to go with me and with that, we’d have our own little troop to counter whatever bandit forces that had crossed her path. I would mostly want to confirm what she was staying was true; if so, then I couldn’t let it sit without helping her.

My attention shifts to the side when the good stuff is mentioned with Eri’s entrance into the room. I didn’t know what good stuff was, but with the bottle of liquid in her hands, I could only assume she had found some ale. With that, a grin would come across the bottom portion of my face; free booze was great.

Ah Alicia clears up that she would pass, my visage returns to being a bit more serious as I knew that drinking before going on a mission wouldn’t be the smartest thing to do. I decree mostly finished with my meal, “well, I can’t in good conscious let you go into a bandit’s den alone. I will go with you and we can bring Yuki and Eri with us as well.” I had a notion the other two would want to come any way. I conclude, “bandits are never good in a territory. The sooner we can get them cleaned up and this issue behind us, the better for everyone in this region.”

Persona: Jyn'Rai | Timeline: Current | EXP: 293 / 5647

Mansion Map:
Back to top Go down
Rek
Veteran
Veteran
Rek

PostSubject: Re: Desperate Times (Open) *   Desperate Times (Open) * EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 12:50 am

Desperate Times (Open)
Her jumpiness goes un noticed, mostly because of my superiority complex that makes the Exalted Desert tribe look like little school boys doesn't let me even consider the woman a treat even if she was to try to hurt me but then again I feet this away about everyone else in the house. I do tend to stay away from Jyn's friend though. The whole cloak and dagger thing is just creepy. I nod at hearing that she is indeed feeling better. "Good, good. I sagest staying away from sharp objects with pointy ends for a while. A woman's body is a shrine you should take better care of it." Pulling some glasses from the cabinet, "I'm just a magical cat." I jokingly give the answer of how I am as I look at the glasses from a moment before setting one in front of each of them and pouring some of the red color spirit into the glasses as Jyn seems to draft me into a mission to hunt bandits.... This makes me wonder if he has forgotten what my own occupation was. The golden eyes glair at him to nonverbal communicate 'Is that so?' as I slide the glass to him. "Un, we wouldn't want to have any bandits around here. I'm sure Yuki will help if you offer him something for his time. Drink up the water isn't good around here. I don't need you getting sick on me." Taking the bottle with me as I move from the counter to see what had been cooked. I pause for a moment as my blinking eyes look at the roasted forest spirit. I mutter something in an unknown language under my breath as I get some of the rice to eat before moving back to the kitchen counter.

xp: 300/1538
Back to top Go down
Soothesayer
Intern
Intern
Soothesayer

PostSubject: Re: Desperate Times (Open) *   Desperate Times (Open) * EmptyWed Jul 06, 2011 4:16 am

Desperate Times
Ah. The cat. Alicia frowned immediately upon realizing who the girl was. It wasn't that she was ungrateful for the feline's healing abilities- quite the contrary, actually. What the Knight couldn't stand were people who tried to remain constantly aloof about things. She realized it probably had to do with her upbringing- but usually one's ego also attributed to that fact, and Alicia didn't exactly like the idea of a shapeshifting stuck-up, sarcastic house pet wandering around and making comments whenever it got the chance to. She didn't even bother asking Eri why she sounded like a male when she was a cat- simply because she already knew what the answer would most likely be coming from such a creature.

Then again- perhaps she was being overly critical of the woman. She did save Alicia's life- and that generally tended to earn one bonus points in the Knight's book. Without her healing magics, Alicia would still be down for the count for at least another month- provided she her wounds didn't get infected or reopened or whatever. Jyn had been quite helpful as well- but not as much as the cat in terms of physical healing (though he had done plenty to help her re-establish her footing in a world that was quickly spiraling out of her control). With a short sigh, she turned her gaze to Eri, nodding slightly to the woman before simply stating, "Thank you."

Now that all the sentimental stuff was out of the way, Alicia reverted to being all-business. Resting her hand on her sword hilt, she began to pace around the room, placing a hand on her chin and muttering personal musings aloud. "Now," she started, "With you and one other person, Jyn, the compound shouldn't be too much of an issue. As far as I could tell in what little I saw before leaving- there were roughly 40 or so bandits- ten of which I managed to remove on my own. With the element of surprise backing us- we should have no problem mopping up most of the rest and possibly getting a few to surrender. If it's only you and me, however, we're going to have to be a lot more careful. Fortunately, I'm not wearing my armor at the moment- so stealth will be a lot easier- as much as I hate not wearing it."

"At any rate- there were two ways in and out of the compound- one being in the direction you found me and the other being opposite to that. The compound itself was based in what appeared to be a small valley of some sort- though I'm not entirely sure how many buildings they have under their control versus the buildings in the area that were simply abandoned and/or in complete disrepair. The one building I was in was a feasting hall of sorts with several smaller rooms that acted as cells."

"Worst comes to worst you and I will sneak in there alone and try to avoid conflict as much as possible. Me taking out ten men on my own was little more than a fluke- considering four of them were dead before they even realized it and the other six all tried to kill me at once. With at least thirty other men around- taking them on with only two people would be suicide, and with only three it would be extremely difficult, provided they had some means of communicating quickly with each other and they were all relatively close together. Regardless of how many there are, in retrospect I think it'd be a better idea to simply attempt to sneak in under cover of night and release the prisoners from there. We should probably take along a few extra weapons so we can arm them as well, since the more people that are in the compound the harder it will be to escape unnoticed- and if I've learned nothing from my years of living here, it's that once a bandit sees you- they won't stop following until you're dead or he and all of his buddies are dead."

She shifted her attention to Eri, nodding to the cat-girl-person-thing again before continuing, "If you decide to come with us, it's of the utmost importance that you don't fall behind or get caught. They would simply attempt to kill Jyn and probably myself on sight- but if they see you they'll probably want you as a play thing... especially with the outfit you're wearing. We can't let any of the prisoners get caught again either- as they are all most likely women and the same thing would happen to them since most people don't have any formal form of combat training. Handing them a weapon will help matters- but there isn't much untrained hands can do with such things."

Rummaging through various drawers and cupboards, eventually Alicia produced some ancient napkins and a few assorted colored pens. She hastily drew a map and various arrows, presumably plans of action, on the small piece of cloth before nodding and offering it to Jyn. Her artwork could certainly use some work- but it seemed to be a solid map for the most part.

"The gray area is all ruins and whatnot- stuff we don't really need to worry about and that traversing through would be a bad idea. The red arrows mark our way in- swinging around the first building and several trees before climbing over the back wall to the compound. The other colors of arrows represent our plan of departure- with variants based on how badly things go and/or patrols around pre-existing plans. We need to do this as quickly and silently as possible- making it clear to the prisoners that we save that making any sort of noise could lead to certain death. Do you understand the plan?"

xp: 1076 # 8283 xp
Badly Drawn Map (Used MS Paint- don't judge):
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

PostSubject: Re: Desperate Times (Open) *   Desperate Times (Open) * EmptyWed Jul 06, 2011 9:59 pm

The glare is noticed from Eri but the content of it is missed in the communication. I wondered if I had misspoke in suggesting that she could help. It did seem that she was up for the task though. My gaze shifts to the bottle, then to Alicia as she begins her pacing and muttering. My right pinky finger lifts to my right ear and I twists side to side before it lowers and I look and it, then flick ear wax away. My gaze shifts back up and I simply watch her go back and forth with a small grin forming on my face; she was cute, thinking and all.

So she seemed to be a bit of a tactician. The fact that she could take out ten and get away coaxed me to hope that the men were of average ability; that would assist in making this faster and with a greater chance of success. Still, I knew we wanted to avoid paying the price she had to in order to take out those ten men. With her condition when she left, I was certain the men probably wouldn’t be counting on her to come back, especially with reinforcement. Through much of her talking, I simply nod and pass on the important details to Battousai since this seemed to be a ‘killing’ mission. All and all, it seemed like a good amount of information to take in; so this was what she was like when she wasn’t eating or on a death bed. The amused grin remains with these continued thoughts to myself while watching her. The escalation point comes as I almost chuckle, but hold it in with a surprised face as she states the men would want to have Eri as their play thing and the manner in which she informed Eri of this. I had a good idea of how Eri would take the information. Still, to hide my amusement I attempt to casually twist my body to the side. Still, I wasn’t sexy enough to gain the interests of the bandits? Poo. While having fun with this and my thoughts, Battousai scolds me to be more serious. Ever the party pooper, I cough into my hand, to hide my transition as I return to my stoic face as I turn back around and continue to listen. My head tilted as she started going through the pantries and my gaze follows her as she begins to draw what looked like some type of infested demonic vagina. Answering her question, I would nod slowly and ask, “what are the green ghosts?”

Persona: Jyn'Rai | Timeline: Current | EXP: 452 / 6099
Back to top Go down
Soothesayer
Intern
Intern
Soothesayer

PostSubject: Re: Desperate Times (Open) *   Desperate Times (Open) * EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 12:34 am

Desperate Times
She gave the amateur mapmaker a quizzical look, frowning slightly- not understanding that he was probably much better at the craft that she had attempted to do with little training. "Those are trees. I put them in there for flavor because it looked a bit bland without them." She sighed and folded up the makeshift map, putting it into the pocket of her trousers and running a hand through her hair. "At any rate- the effects have very little to do with the plan. I was attempting to make a visual aid to help you understand- though clearly I need to either work on that more or be more descriptive of the situation."

At that, the Knight began to look through the cupboards again, "You said you found some of the "good stuff", right... Cat... Girl... Person...?" After a few moments, she had gathered a small arsenal of relatively small bottles (old pop bottles, actually)- which she set out on the table alongside each other. "If there's any hard liquor, bring it. Molotovs won't light themselves. With any luck we won't have to use them- but they'll be more than a good distraction if need be... of course, this all depends on whether or not we have anything harder than good wine."

"I'd say we could be ready to leave in about a half an hour- less if we don't have the necessary fuel for the bombs. Meet me at the entrance by then- if not sooner. In the meantime, I'm going to look around the cellars here to see if I can't find anything more useful. Sorry for tearing apart your house- but time is of the essence, and anything that could help will."

xp: 311 # 8594 xp
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

PostSubject: Re: Desperate Times (Open) *   Desperate Times (Open) * EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 4:51 pm

“Oh,” I murmur lightly feeling a slight pit in my stomach that I may have offended the young lady in my questioning. I correct, “well, trees was my second guess…” The fact that she put it away meant that I misspoke and probably made a bad impression just now; I would have to do better in the future.

The situation seems to transition into something else entirely as she speaks of molotovs. It was something I wasn’t readily familiar with, but I thought that asking questions here would just prove to make me look dumb, so I went with the flow. I figured that Eri would know well enough about what she meant; I could just ask her later.

It was during this time when she started through the cupboard again that I was taken back by how comfortable she seemed now in contrast to how she was when she first came; I figured it may probably be a girl thing or a part of her personality. Either way, I shake my head on the light apology and comment, “it’s no problem, but just keep in mind that you’re basically borrowing whatever you’re using for this. We’re offering to help you fight with no profit except for doing what is ‘right’ but good items aren’t free and are hard to come across. You guys barter where you’re from, so I’m sure you’re able to understand what I mean. We’ve got weapons and things already to fight, so try not to take too much from our house.” Still, I didn’t fully know what customs of her clan, but though it was still in rough shape, the house was basically a trophy of our little ‘clan’ since we had basically conquered it; property was something to be a little possessive of. I conclude, “…but I’ll gather my things and meet you in a few minutes. It won’t take me long to prepare.” If there was nothing else, I would head for the stairwells, if there were something else, I would wait.

Persona: Jyn'Rai | Timeline: Current | EXP: 365 / 6464
Back to top Go down
Soothesayer
Intern
Intern
Soothesayer

PostSubject: Re: Desperate Times (Open) *   Desperate Times (Open) * EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 12:20 am

Desperate Times
"You are a different man than I anticipated, Jyn'Rai," she said in a peeved tone. "One moment you're going out of your way to help someone, and the next a few bottles and some liquor are too much for the lives of others? Just what sort of person are you?" Clearly quite pissed, Alicia stormed up to the man, enraged.

"I am grateful for what you've done for me- I truly am. I don't have any means to pay you, but I owe you quite the favor because of this. Regardless, I'm not going to bicker over small items that are relatively easy to come by- especially when it comes down to saving people who have been kidnapped by bandits." If Jyn opened his mouth in protest, Alicia simply tore onward- oblivious to anything he wanted to say as she ranted.

"The scoundrels are absolutely terrible around here- I get that you may not be from anywhere near here- but let me just inform you as to what happens to people who get captured by the louts. Men are tortured and placed on crosses- to be paraded about until they die of blood loss, dehydration or worse. Women- however- are taken prisoner and repeatedly raped on a day to day basis. Any defiance at all is met with brutal retaliation- usually in the form of broken limbs or destroyed faces. Eventually, once the brigands grow tired of their playthings, they gut them, take their eyes out of their head and fuck their skulls until they die. Then they take the ears of the women and wear them on a necklace that symbolizes strength for them."

"Now..." she said, staring the amateur cartographer in the eyes, "Are you going to tell me that any amount of booze and bottles are worth what these people are put through? Because I don't think you can put a price on that level of torture."

Furious, she spat at the man's feet before turning and heading for the door. "Thank you for the food and whatnot. I will have some goods from my village delivered here after I return. Until then, rot in whatever hell you believe in- Jyn'Rai. If I had known you were so shallow, I would have rather been left alone in the woods. It's because of people like you that people like myself have had to grow up without a mother- and it sickens me the lack of respect you give to human life."

At that, she stormed out of the mansion-angrily walking in the direction she believed to be the compound was in. She was being over-emotional with the whole thing, she realized- but she also needn't deal with the likes of Jyn if he wasn't capable of donating items to help other people. It wasn't like Alicia was taking the booze for herself to get wasted on- she was making useful distractions in case they were compromised within the bandit camp. She would, however, rather do things on her own than have to beg for their equipment- as she had far too much pride to do such a thing.

"Fucking hell..." she growled to herself as she left the grounds of the manor.

xp: 577 # (EXP Reset) 577 xp
+1 TEXP (Over 250 EXP post)

Back to top Go down
Rek
Veteran
Veteran
Rek

PostSubject: Re: Desperate Times (Open) *   Desperate Times (Open) * EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 1:44 am

Desperate Times (Open)
With the elbow on the counter as my fingers dip down into the bowl of rice. The golden eye stay locked onto the bowl for the most part while the two talk things over. They look up at the girl a when she says something about being a plaything. I wasn't sure what the meaning of that term really was. I glance over at Jyn to see if he could non-verbally tell me what she is talking about but I seem to fail in getting his attention to do so. Picking up the bottle I take a drink of it before eating some more rice. I don't really pay too much mind to the map that was drawn and the attack plan is lied out before being questioned by Jyn who has a thing for maps. With the blow becoming empty and the talk of the 'good stuff' I look up from when I sit as the girl now seems to be making a request in some language that seems to be an off shot of common for something that is hard. I look at the small bottles as she pulls them down and line them up. I really didn't get anything that she was saying, but sometimes these things happen when talking to other people from other places. One tribe calls this something and the other tribe calls it something else. I don't get want she is saying till I hear the words bombs and my mind jumps to the conclusion that this molotovs is some type of smoke bomb. That would be a helpful distraction but I wasn't sure if we had the components to make any and letting someone that we pulled out of the wild just have their way with our supplies doesn't set well with me. Jyn speaks up before I can voice my thoughts. My hand comes up to let my cheek rest on the palm. If this girl is a con then she isn't all that bad with making up the story about some bandits attacking her. I watch as the event unfolds and Jyn seems to makes the girl angry. Her words tell me that these people that she wants to save isn't worth my time but Jyn is worth my time so if he really wants to help I will help him. The long nails of my fingers tap on the side of my cheek as the girl storms out. She didn't really seem like she was a con-artist. "hmm, what an odd girl that one is."

xp: 426/1964
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

PostSubject: Re: Desperate Times (Open) *   Desperate Times (Open) * EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 7:26 pm

When the response comes, Jyn’s visage shows that he’s both surprised and confused at the way the response is given back to him. Where he thought he was being thoughtful in making a recommendation and giving the assurance that he would be ready shortly, it seemed his earlier words had only insulted the young lady even more, even to the point of observably driving Alicia into intense anger. From what he could decipher in reflection, the misunderstanding appeared to stem from him pointing out that she was actively promoting taking things from a stranger’s house without asking; rather bypassing asking, she was more or ore less telling both of the residents in attendance what she would do without need for their input or approval. In his manner of thinking, a few bottle of ale were fine so long as Eri didn’t have a problem with it, as she pointed out the water outside wasn’t the best. In truth, Jyn wasn’t much for drinking as illustrated by him passing on the offer. Perhaps not communicated well was the thought Jyn had that they didn’t need anything extra than their weapons to storm a bandits den between the three of them. Still, the mention of taking of unspecified ‘anything’ that involved ‘tearing’ through the house, a warning flag of a social breach had been lifted in the young man’s eyes. The only assumption left was that her clan was a clan of givers in a manner where property was distributed equally by those who wanted it and not actually owned by anyone. Such a system didn’t seem to be the current way of the majority of the world which would shine light into Jyn’s misunderstanding her motives. He doubted that she was attempting to actually con them.

Still, the thing that was obvious was that Alicia was actively not happy. Handling the unhappiness of women, would to the young man, be harder to deal with than with a man. With a man, he would be able to step back up and argue back regardless to whether or not either of them had any merit in the argument, but as a woman, one whom he had seen semi nude, such a thing seemed unacceptable and a bit silly. There may have been a bit of chauvinism there. But in truth he hadn’t, nor did he plan on asking her to pay him back for rescuing her, nursing her, feeding her and assisting her. To him, those were things anyone should do for someone seemingly in need of help.

The tirade continues in a train wreck manner as the bandit’s activities were highlighted; which did seem to be pretty hardcore and probably best not left unchecked in the region, especially if Jyn and the others were to settle here. Jyn acknowledged the rhetorical question tossed in there, a spat, and then movement. An eyebrow rises as Jyn’s attention shifts to Eri for a moment before nodding his head that they should probably follow her. Aside from her being a stranger, she didn’t seem to act that rationally in his opinion and he thought that it might be best to make sure she didn’t have plans on destroying stuff on her way out, running through the house stark nude or something else unexpected.

At the door, Jyn would watch Alicia storm off, a bit relieved that she had left peacefully. To Eri’s comment he simply nods, still a bit confused and comments, “yeah tell me about it.” But with Alicia’s departure, they could at least return to some bit of normalcy in the mansion. With a breath, Jyn exhales and decides that it’s beast to wash his hands of the girl. After all, he had done her an invaluable service already, so according to the internal karma in his heart, he figured he was good; he didn’t randomly go hunting for food to feed strangers every day. Turning away from the door, he begins to walk back into the mansion.

While walking back in and closing the door, a small voice speaks inside of him and comments, ‘she is going to try to go back alone.’ Externally Jyn frowns, knowing the voice of Jin, the original, well. The timid voice continues, ‘are you going to let her go alone?’ Internally Jyn counters, ‘it’s the nature of the world for those who don’t make good decisions to suffer.’ After stating that, he already knew that his words were wrong and harsh. He attempts to reword, ‘I tried to help her and she threw my hospitality in my face; I don’t have a reason to help her anymore.’ The soft voice comes back up to offer, ‘you’re not helping her because she’s nice or does good things for you. You’re helping her because the other men are bad and helping her is the right thing to do.’ Speaking out loud in a frustrated tone, Jyn vocalizes, “crap, then it’d be easier to just go to the damn place myself and take out the bandits without her getting in the way. I’ve been running missions like that my whole life with Hunter…” Jyn realizes that he spoke out loud and quiets his voice, looking to see if Eri was looking at him funny before looking to the side. Jin would continue, speaking, ‘if you let you pride stop you from going, won’t you be as shallow as she says?’ The worlds resound in Jyn as he’s forced to give in and he signs and looks back to Eri and says, “hell… get ready, we’ll just track her to the place and take out the bandits, then leave.” Annoyed, Jyn walks to the stairwell to head to his room and gather his things as he offers to Eri, “they might have some good stuff to nab there anyways.”

Persona: Jyn'Rai | Timeline: Current | EXP: 1067 / 7531 UYB
Back to top Go down
Rek
Veteran
Veteran
Rek

PostSubject: Re: Desperate Times (Open) *   Desperate Times (Open) * EmptySun Jul 17, 2011 12:43 am

Desperate Times (Open)
Seeing the nod I get up and follow Jyn half way through mansion stopping at the end of the hallway at the edge of great hall. Peace and quiet returns to our humble little mansion at the exit of the woman and I lean against the wall with my arms folded under my chest. My eyes watch Jyn as he comes back inside and stands at the door for a few moments. The golden eyes glace at him intensely as he seems to be thinking about something before the outburst of him thinking to himself comes. Or I hope he is just thinking out loud and he didn't get some type of crazy illness from helping that girl. I raise a brow at him as he looks over at me for a moment before saying the hell with it and to get my things as he walks past me. My eyes following him as he starts to walk up the stairs while he adds that they may have some good stuff to nab. He wasn't a very good liar, although they may indeed have some good stuff to nab that wasn't why he was going. Following behind him to go into the room that I have claim as my own even though I rarely stay in it. Getting the things just the things I will need for bandit crushing, I dig around to see if I can find anything that would be useful. I blink at the items I find under the bed before walking out of the room and holding up the leather shackles, collar and chains as Jyn come near. "It looks like my room was once a cell... I think I'll take these and use it to round up some slaves or something." I'll wait for Jyn to go by and following out.

-Exit-

xp: 306/2270
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Desperate Times (Open) *   Desperate Times (Open) * Empty

Back to top Go down

Desperate Times (Open) *
Page 1 of 1