Shintheory Role-Playing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shintheory Role-Playing

Welcome to the HUB of Shintheory Roleplaying!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Desert Walkers *

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Rek
Veteran
Veteran
Rek

Rep! : 14

Desert Walkers * Empty
PostSubject: Desert Walkers *   Desert Walkers * EmptyMon May 30, 2011 12:59 am

Desert Walkers * Eri_1

Desert Walkers
Leaving the desert trading village behind to head for the village of the Exalted Tribe, Rajeh. I wasn't sure what made them so exalted other then they breed like rats and have a large force to battle with. Maybe when we get their I'll have to show them that the Al'Bhed are really the exalted tribe buy finding the biggest warrior and stealing all of her belongings. A warrior without anything is no better than a desert rat. That would show them who is the true chiefs of the desert.

The golden eyes glance up at the clear desert sky after I hear the calls of bird of prey as it flies over the rocky landscape. "The wind spirit gives us a blessing." I'll point it out to Jyn. I am not a very spiritual person but seeing the bird of prey shows me that there was other beings living in the area. Some think that the desert is a lifeless place, and in some places it is but mostly they just don't know where to look for it at. Felling a little chatty as we walk across the rocky desert, I glance over at Jyn. "You have any mates Jyn?" I inquire about the subject that was lightly touched the evening before, and it seems like a better one then asking about his family after learning that he was hunting the man that had killed them when he was just a young child.

xp: 244
Desert Walkers * Eri_3
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

Rep! : 56

Desert Walkers * Empty
PostSubject: Re: Desert Walkers *   Desert Walkers * EmptyMon May 30, 2011 12:54 pm

Once again the journey would continue. I would walk calmly to the side of my traveling partner with my bag hanging from my form and two blades crossed behind my back; the hood of my travel cloak would be pulled over my head to bloat out the direct heat of the sun. There would be a soft jingling of water bottles and attached items to my bag with each of my steps. My gaze shifts up as the birds are pointed to and she speaks. With a nod, I agree with her; as a traveler I did notice things like that which were specifically helpful in indicating where other travelers were or hunting grounds. As I continue walking, I wondered to myself what a good topic could be. Normally I just spoke off of the hip about things. When the question comes, it kind of wakes me up from this thinking. I look over to her for a minute before looking back straight and answering, “Um…” That was a pretty straightforward and personal question. I wondered what type of answer would be ‘the right’ answer. There wasn’t someone that I regularly plowed, if that was what she was referring to. I continue, “not really. I think that I move around too much for something like that.” Still, I was a man and had the occasional fling here and there depending on the city and its customs, but I didn’t think that would be classified as ‘mating’ per say. I figured it would be best to get a context for this discussion, so I ask, “but how about you? What are your views on mating and all?”

Persona: Jyn'Rai | Timeline: 20 AD (Before reaching Rajeh) | EXP: 295 / 295 | Role: Adventurer
Back to top Go down
Rek
Veteran
Veteran
Rek

Desert Walkers * Empty
PostSubject: Re: Desert Walkers *   Desert Walkers * EmptyMon May 30, 2011 6:55 pm

Desert Walkers * Eri_1

Desert Walkers
Looking forward once again as he answers the question with a not really. I was not sure how to take that as a answer at first. You either have a mate or you do not. But after a moment of thinking about I gather that he has yet to find any because of his travels. I could see how that can hinder someone without any family or tribe from finding a suitable mate that would give them healthy offspring. Or he could just be one of those men that barter for a nights stay with a women so they can fulfill their lustful need to have the company of a warm. The question is returned back to me seems to be rather personal. My face turns to look the other way as it becomes blush. Not really sure how to answer the question, the tip of my fingers come together as I give the most logical answer I think thank of. "It has its uses as long as the male has the needed traits to connive a healthy offspring that will further the health of the tribe. Children born with disabilities or weak constitutions are not likely to survive long in the harsh desert, so one should chose a mate carefully."

xp: 211/455
Desert Walkers * Eri_3
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

Desert Walkers * Empty
PostSubject: Re: Desert Walkers *   Desert Walkers * EmptyMon May 30, 2011 7:46 pm

As I look to her and ask the question, I find that her gaze is diverted from me. This almost coaxes a teasing grin; it was a cute response that I hadn’t expected of her. It seemed like an innocent enough answer to the question, which left me with more questions to answer. For some reason, whenever I thought of a person having an attitude that embraced freedom, I thought that it would mean that person was free in sexual aspects as well. I hadn’t given any thought to the fact that despite her appearance, Eri could be a lot more innocent than I had originally assumed. I didn’t know if that were true or not, but I figured I would find out sooner or later as I continued to get to know her. Folding my arms at my chest, my gaze returns forwards as I continue to walk with my gaze slightly elevated and in front of me. I inquire, “ah, so it’s basically about bringing offspring for the next generation. So with that are you saying that there’s no reason to perform the mating ritual unless you’re going to mate?” I wonder this looking back to her and then stating, “since you travel a lot, you’re probably still a long way away from having kids.” I conclude with the inquiry, “so does that mean you’ve never had sex before?”

Persona: Jyn'Rai | Timeline: 20 AD (Before reaching Rajeh) | EXP: 248 / 542 | Role: Adventurer
Back to top Go down
Rek
Veteran
Veteran
Rek

Desert Walkers * Empty
PostSubject: Re: Desert Walkers *   Desert Walkers * EmptyMon May 30, 2011 10:10 pm

Desert Walkers * Eri_1

Desert Walkers
My face turns a little more red as the subject that I was trying to avoid comes up. I tried to think of as something to do for just the enjoyment of doing the act. Even if it is rather fun it is a weakness to give into your lustful nurture so easy. I blink for a moment when he inquiries about my experience with men. I start to snicker before busting out in laughter the echoes across the open air. I hold my side as it starts to hurt and a tear comes to my eye. "iie" My finger comes up to draw the tear away. "I have two mates that have given me strong offspring to bear. The only women that do not take at less one mate at after coming of age are those that serve under the Seer. Even then it is rare for one to not have a mate by the time she is my age." I glance over at Jyn with a look of concern as I must wonder why he would think that I had no mates. "Do I not seem fit to be a mate and bear children to you? Am I that unattractive..."

xp: 202/657
Desert Walkers * Eri_3
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

Desert Walkers * Empty
PostSubject: Re: Desert Walkers *   Desert Walkers * EmptyMon May 30, 2011 10:36 pm

I am thrown way off from what I expected as a reaction; the cocky grin shifts to a confused look of surprise. To me, she had gone from shy to rowdy in her response which left me corrected as she comments on already having had kids. I wondered how such a feat was possible with that body of hers; though with all of the walking I assumed that she did in her travels, it could explain how she kept such a lithe form. The question also catches me off guard. After it is asked, my attention shifts from her to back in front of me as it was pretty far from the truth. “Oh, no,” I retreat any inclination to that notion, “I think I just assumed wrong because of our differences in culture… probably.” I didn’t know how to explain the misunderstanding, so I would move on and confirm, “I don’t find you unattractive at all. I’m sure you’d be a great partner to… mate with.” I did kind of wonder where the children were if they were not with her. I could only assume that in her culture, things were different. To confirm my thought, I ask, “so where you’re from, does the village raise the offspring as a whole, or the parents?”

Persona: Jyn'Rai | Timeline: 20 AD (Before reaching Rajeh) | EXP: 226 / 768 | Role: Adventurer
Back to top Go down
Rek
Veteran
Veteran
Rek

Desert Walkers * Empty
PostSubject: Re: Desert Walkers *   Desert Walkers * EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 12:34 am

Desert Walkers * Eri_1

Desert Walkers
My slander rubs across my lips as Jyn explains that there must have misunderstanding do to a cultural differences. This hasn't been the first time for this to happen as I once almost killed a man before for offering me a bird her had killed to eat. By his reaction I take it that women up north are ok with talking about the sex lives with others... or men that they just met. Sure Jyn seems nice and interesting but I wasn't about to say, "Yeah I am a screaming banish that will frak you all night all till you go limp then do you some more." Maybe the people up north lack self control and do that stuff at random times. I do hope they take a bath before and after... That is just sick if they don't. The thought of people mating with no meaning behind it is rather disturbing. The question that comes from Jyn brakes me from my thoughts. I give a nod, "The tribe raise the offspring as whole. We are all family after all so we all have to take care of each other. It also lets those of us that travel still assist with the growth of the tribe." The golden eyes glance at Jyn, "Though sometimes the children will travel with the parent for a while so they can learn about the world around them and pick up some trade skills that they may need later in life."

xp: 246/903
Desert Walkers * Eri_3
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

Desert Walkers * Empty
PostSubject: Re: Desert Walkers *   Desert Walkers * EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 8:06 pm

We would be approaching a dune that would go down in elevation, leading into a bit of a desert valley for an amount of distance. “Oh,” comes the short answer as my gaze shifts back to her and lingers there a little longer before it shifts back to the front. I continue to walk at a casual pace through the heated desert, though the conversation had taken my mind off of the heat enough to where it wasn’t so unbearable. I wondered about how it was with an entire tribe rising up an offspring. I understood that such an experience would differ from my own where I was raised by only a mother and a father. After a moment I confirm, “that makes sense.” Whether or not it made sense to me didn’t matter. Before I could continue in the conversation, I had started to notice something while walking. Above our area were birds of prey floating about in a circle in the sky. In the distance, a few had landed and were eating on the remains of either a human or some type of creature. I stop in my tracks for a moment and pause as I look forward. “Something’s not right,” I begin to explain my behavior as I look behind me, though there was nothing obvious just yet. In the direction that I’m not looking, the sand shifts a little bit, bulging up as if a shark or some type of creature were moving just beneath the surface.

Persona: Jyn'Rai | Timeline: 20 AD (Before reaching Rajeh) | EXP: 266 / 1034 | Role: Adventurer
Back to top Go down
Rek
Veteran
Veteran
Rek

Desert Walkers * Empty
PostSubject: Re: Desert Walkers *   Desert Walkers * EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 12:50 am

Desert Walkers * Eri_1

Desert Walkers
A light sweat rolls down the crevices of my body as we travel the hot desert. I give Jyn a nod as he confirms the logic of the Al'Bhed method of raising young as a whole rather than just single parent unite. But then again most of what the Al'Bhed do is based on the most logical to do for the benefit of the tribe. The needs of the many outweighs the needs of the few. As the selfish person that I am, this logical selfless thinking of the tribe is why I normally don't mix well with them. I blame it on the my mother who has to be the most selfish person in the world.
Jyn's movement stops and I turn to look at him as he expresses that he feels like there just isn't something right. I really wasn't sure what could be wrong till I looked around at where we are. My eyes glance down at the soft sand. We had wondered off the harder rocky area. My nose sniffs the air a moment. These is an odd sweet smell to it and I realize that we are in a spice pit. My eyes widen and I try to grab Jyn by the wrist. "Sand worm... We have to run!" My knees bend before my body launches through the air with Jyn in tow if he lets me grab him. Now normally when someone talks about a worm, they are talking about these little guys that are maybe four to six inches long but out here in the desert when someone says there is a sand worm they are talking about something that could be as small as a full size car to something that is as big as a mile long train. Normally the really big ones are only found in the deep desert where the sand is really deep. Either way most people run from them and those that don't get eaten.

xp: 328/1231
Desert Walkers * Eri_3
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

Desert Walkers * Empty
PostSubject: Re: Desert Walkers *   Desert Walkers * EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 1:15 am

I am confused at a moment as the suddenly calling out and grabbing of my wrist, but not soon after that occurs, there is an explosion of sand in the path that she would have ran. With the sand explosion, the loose soil is lifted several stories into the air, hindering vision for a moment before the sand rains down and clears up. In front of us stood a large elongated creature about three stories high with a very large mouth, horns on the side of its face and traces of a hardened exoskeleton as well as parallel rows of leg like appendages running down its underbelly. At the moment, only the top half of the creature would above ground. It lingered, towering in the air looking in our direction while giving a loud roar that seemed to shake the surroundings about us. I hold my arm over my head as I shield my eyes from the sand blasted from the otherwise harmless roar. For that moment my eyes come upon what she referred to as a sand worm; there was no way in hell I wanted to fight something like that. Since it was in front of us, the obvious thing to do would be to run the other way. Reversing the hold and grabbing her wrist, I am already running before I yell out, “shit…!”

Spoiler:
Persona: Jyn'Rai | Timeline: 20 AD (Before reaching Rajeh) | EXP: 239 / 1273 | Role: Adventurer
Back to top Go down
Rek
Veteran
Veteran
Rek

Desert Walkers * Empty
PostSubject: Re: Desert Walkers *   Desert Walkers * EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 2:04 am

Desert Walkers * Eri_1

Desert Walkers
I reacted to slow and our planed path becomes blocked by a two story wall of sand that burst up from the ground. My movement stops as the sand rains down on us to reveal the thing I called a sand worm. It is a little uglier then I remember them being but that isn't saying too much. It isn't the biggest one I have even seen but it is big enough that it looks like it would take a group of hunter to take it out. I'm just a simple thief and my skill level is nowhere near that of hunter in the tribe so I really don't want to play around with something like this. "This isn't good..." half way in the mild of my sentence Jyn reverses the hold and my yanked into the other way as he takes off running. His statement couldn't have had better timing. My feet start to move as I try to get my footing back that was lost from Jyn yanking me away from the beast. My eyes glance over at Jyn, "You need to work on your art of running away." I give him a tease as we run across the sandy terrain.

xp: 203/1434
Desert Walkers * Eri_3
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

Desert Walkers * Empty
PostSubject: Re: Desert Walkers *   Desert Walkers * EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 2:40 am

With a grin I chuckle, “shut up” as I release her wrist and allow her to run on her own; even though holding her hand would be nice, it would be faster for us both this way. Since I was traveling with my bag and all, it would hinder my speed just a bit, but I would rather be eaten with it than to be without it. There would be the rumbling of the area around us as the sand creature continues to bound after us after judging us his lunch. Apparently immediately running away from it wasn’t what it wanted us to do. Now running away from the beast, we would be heading back to the dunes. For some reason I figured if we could make it to the dune then we would be doing good. I noticed that we were actually pulling away from the sand worm. With a cocky grin, I chuckle, “well, it’s good that it’s slow. This way it should be a cinch to run…” Before I can finish that statement, the rumbling stops and the sand creature vanishes into the sand behind us. It’s an eerie calm before the storm that comes that gives me a bad feeling in my gut. The sand would ripple past us to our right, though I would not notice it as I would have turned to look behind us.

Spoiler:
Persona: Jyn'Rai | Timeline: 20 AD (Before reaching Rajeh) | EXP: 233 / 1486 | Role: Adventurer
Back to top Go down
Rek
Veteran
Veteran
Rek

Desert Walkers * Empty
PostSubject: Re: Desert Walkers *   Desert Walkers * EmptyWed Jun 08, 2011 12:14 am

Desert Walkers * Eri_1

Desert Walkers
I gin at Jyn's chuckle as he lets go of me so I can run on my own. If we are lucky we'll be able to make it to some rocks before the sand warm can get to us but I really wasn't holding my breath on getting away from it so easy. Hearing Jyn's words I break rule number one and glance over my shoulder for a moment to see for myself. With the rumbling stopping and the creature disappearing. My feet slide in the sand as I come to a stop. I almost fall from the sudden stop and my hand comes down to the ground to keep me from doing so. "We are splitting up for a moment!" Reversing my movement to run the other way. The two blades are pulled free of their sheaths and the tips cut through the desert sand was I run the other way. The sound they make will hopefully attract the large worm and give Jyn a little more time to get away from it.

xp: 174/1608
Desert Walkers * Eri_3
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

Desert Walkers * Empty
PostSubject: Re: Desert Walkers *   Desert Walkers * EmptyWed Jun 08, 2011 1:05 am

Aside from not liking the calm that suddenly came, I am a bit surprised when Eri makes the comment about us splitting up for the moment. We weren’t even officially a couple yet… did that mean we were going to be the make up to break up type? Puns aside, it catches me off guard when she goes her own way causing me to stop in my running to turn around and watch her head in the other direction with a “wait, wha…?”

Her running in the opposite direction was a good idea since we were no longer a one course meal for the worm, it would be forced to split up. I realize this and the fact that I had stopped moving. It would be easy for him to come after me being still, but the worm was closer to her. With that, I would wonder about moving before running to the right so that I was creating a perpendicular line with her.

The creature makes the decision to go after Eri, being the more delicious between the two of us. The sand rolls in a line leading up to where she was running following her. It would move at a speed just a little bit faster than hers so that it could slowly begin to catch up to her over a distance. Currently she had plenty of breathing room still.

Spoiler:
Persona: Jyn'Rai | Timeline: 20 AD (Before reaching Rajeh) | EXP: 237 / 1723 | Role: Adventurer
Back to top Go down
Rek
Veteran
Veteran
Rek

Desert Walkers * Empty
PostSubject: Re: Desert Walkers *   Desert Walkers * EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 10:45 pm

Desert Walkers * Eri_1

Desert Walkers
I glance back, Jyn had stopped running which was good because that mint that I was the only one making any sounds and makes it easier to me to get its attention. I just hope that I don't end up being its next meal ticket. Not really sure what drives me to try to keep him safe, normally I wouldn't have any trouble just little the other person get eaten and then going on my marry way. Rule number 17, Don't be a hero. Lucky for Jyn I'm nicer then my mother, the same person that come up with the all of the rules. Although I'm not much nicer. She would have blown his head off right at the start to feed him to the thing without blinking an eye.
With the sand worm getting closer the tip of the blades stop cutting the ground. Energy follows from my through my body causing the blades to give off a red burning glow. My feet slide as I turn to face towards the beast. The blades come down to strike the sand sending out a ten foot explosive wave across the sand from each them as the energy built up is released from the impact.

xp: 204/1812
Desert Walkers * Eri_3

Last edited by Eri on Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:01 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

Desert Walkers * Empty
PostSubject: Re: Desert Walkers *   Desert Walkers * EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 10:52 pm

I would slowly arch around and change the direction of my running as distance is grown between us. As for the worm, the beast continues to follow the sound of the blade’s tip until it gets close to Eri. It starts to rise out of the ground just as she turns around to it and slashes down with her blade. The explosive wave of energy catches the worm off guard as it hadn’t expected its food to fight back. Emerges from the sand and gives a monstrous roar. It looked like the technique hurt it, but not enough to kill it. Something notable would be the fact that the ground just beyond Eri was hardened desert bedrock. If she were to go that way, the creature would have to stay above ground in order to pursue her. In retaliation for the attack that was given to it, the worm slams his head down and into the sand causing a midsized ten foot high wave of loose sand to form and flow almost like water. It wouldn’t do any damage, but it would have enough force for some push back and semi burial. From my flanking position, I would be surprised that Eri had ki based sword techniques, pretty impressive.

Spoiler:
Persona: Jyn'Rai | Timeline: 20 AD (Before reaching Rajeh) | EXP: 222 / 1945 | Role: Adventurer
Back to top Go down
Rek
Veteran
Veteran
Rek

Desert Walkers * Empty
PostSubject: Re: Desert Walkers *   Desert Walkers * EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 12:01 am

Desert Walkers * Eri_1

Desert Walkers
The blades are pulled from the sand as the sand worm roars. My body turns to continue the strategic running away plan. I may be able to hurt it to keep it from coming after us but I really do not think we could kill something so big very easily without a high risk of getting hurt or killed by it ourselves. With my feet hitting the harden rock, my eyes glance down at it for a moment. Well now I know that I can at less out run it if I can stay on the rocks. Maybe Jyn will be just as lucky to find some rocky ground to get on... The ground shakes from the worms head butt and the wave of sand hits me. Just like if a strong wave hits me while in the water at the beach, the force hits my body casing me to fall down and roll across the shape rocky ground. The blades slide across the ground as the impact of hitting the ground causes me to let go of them. Black blood runs down from the cuts I get on my cheek and arm. "Itai!" I pick myself up from the ground as whine about the pain.

xp: 206/2018
Desert Walkers * Eri_3
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

Desert Walkers * Empty
PostSubject: Re: Desert Walkers *   Desert Walkers * EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 12:14 am

Since the creature had come above ground, I figured I could get the drop on it. I increase my speed over land as I dig deep to unlock my inner strength (Possessed Strength). I take it a step further, as I Phase Shift into Battousai, getting ready for battle and my speed increases to launch me forwards (Speed Burst).

The worm lifts back up after the smashing wave and looks over the effects. It wouldn’t try to eat her just yet, first it looms over Eri with its large mouth looking as if it is chewing on something. It spits at her, ejaculating a wet, white, silk worm like web over her body. It would be runny and sticky, but its ability to bind would be less than weak.

My deep crimson eyes gleam with my Battousai persona taken over. With my speed coming to a climax, my hand pulls at the blade sheathed behind my back and I leap up for the back of the Sand Worm, leaping onto its back. I catch myself from sliding off by trying to dig my blade deep into the back of the worm. I find that the worm’s exoskeleton is very hard, making it hard to cut through, so I immediately push off of the creature, leaping back. While in the air, it turns towards me and spits a thick wad of its white stuff onto me, knocking me out of the air with it and to the sandy ground below. I roll a few times before coming to a crouch and realizing that I was sticky. Ignoring it for now, I keep my intense focus on the sand worm in a crouched position not really saying anything but focused on the battle at hand.

Spoiler:
Persona: Jyn'Rai | Timeline: 20 AD (Before reaching Rajeh) | EXP: 303 / 2248 | Role: Adventurer
Back to top Go down
Rek
Veteran
Veteran
Rek

Desert Walkers * Empty
PostSubject: Re: Desert Walkers *   Desert Walkers * EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 12:50 am

Desert Walkers * Eri_1

Desert Walkers
I blink as I get coved by the runny wet, and sticky white stuff... Can't say that I have never enjoyed been coved in sticky white stuff before but I at less want dinner and a movie before getting coved in it. Worms really where not my type. "Maa nante koto nanda!" With an unhappy look across my face I try to shake the sticky white stuff off of me as I turn to look at the beast that is looming over me with its big mouth. With this sticky stuff all over my I wasn't sure if running away was an option any longer. It didn't feel like it is able to do much in the way of hindering my movement other then make me feel sticky. Being face to face with the sand worm there wasn't much I could do. My hand comes out with my fingers spread. Dark energy follows up through my body and down my arm before reaching the tips of my finger causing small sparks before a burst of black lightning arc from each of my finger tips to strike the sand worm's head. I wasn't sure if it would really be hurt my such an attack but maybe I can scare it off.

xp: 210/2228
Desert Walkers * Eri_3
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

Desert Walkers * Empty
PostSubject: Re: Desert Walkers *   Desert Walkers * EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 5:11 pm

After getting spit to the ground in the sticky wad and composing myself to get into the mindset of the continuation of my battle strategy, I notice Eri already on attack with a burst of black lightning. The black streak successfully strikes the worm in the center of its ‘chest’ area causing it to jerk with remnants of the black spark fizzling about its body. The attack did hurt the creature, but it still had plenty of fight left in him. Knowing that I might have to do something, a pillar of light begins to build around my body. Before I could get too crazy in my transformation or anything, I am interrupted as I hear a loud war cry with various woos as suddenly a large weighted net comes over the worm. Spears are chucked from all directions as I look around to notice that we weren’t the only ones there. In our running, it seemed as if we came across the hunting ground of a desert tribe and somehow led the sand worm right to them. About a dozen tribal men rush past us towards the sand worm to put it down. Standing up straight, I come out of my transformation before it could finish and I simply look a bit confused. A well-built and sturdy shirtless male with hair like a lion and a halberd strapped to his back walks up in the area that spanned between Eri and my current position. With his arms folded he grins and looks towards the worm saying, “thanks for weakening it. If you’re lucky, we might let you have some… it’s going to be good eating to night.” Ignoring me and looking straight to Eri, he grins and speaks offering his hand to her to shake, “the name’s Tygris; it’s nice to meet you, mysterious desert flower. We’ll take over from here.” Feeling like he was checking Eri out, I frown in the background of this, “hey…” It wasn’t like I was jealous or anything… that was just a corny line.

Persona: Jyn'Rai | Timeline: 20 AD (Before reaching Rajeh) | EXP: 366 / 2614 | Role: Adventurer
Back to top Go down
Rek
Veteran
Veteran
Rek

Desert Walkers * Empty
PostSubject: Re: Desert Walkers *   Desert Walkers * EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 9:16 pm

Desert Walkers * Eri_1

Desert Walkers
A sweat bead draws on my face as the black lightning had some effect on the sand worm but it didn't seem to have the kick needed to ward the creature off. About that time is when I heard the war cry and the sand worm is captured in the heavy net then impaled with spears. It seems we stumbled into some ones hunting grounds. I guess they are lucky we lead the creature all the way here seeing that sand worm meet is rather valuable because it is so tasty but it is shame to kill one because the spice that they... make is just as tasty and said to help people see visions which makes in really valuable to villages with a seer. Hearing the words of thanks, I glance over my shoulder at beefy shirtless man with big hair and the halderd strapped to his back. The golden eyes look over him for a moment before seeing the offering of a hand shake, I turn to face him. "Eri, that is Jyn." I motion over to Jyn with a simple glance. "I must apologies for crossing into your hunting grounds. I wasn't aware that there was a tribe in this area."

xp: 204/2432
Desert Walkers * Eri_3
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

Desert Walkers * Empty
PostSubject: Re: Desert Walkers *   Desert Walkers * EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 10:46 pm

The handshake lingers for a moment as the man gets himself a good and healthy look over Eri. His gaze doesn’t shift to me when I’m mentioned; it seemed as if I were unimportant in the conversation. He does emit a ‘hmm’ to acknowledge her words, however. The persona of Battousai had long since left, which would be a reason I hadn’t attacked yet, thus leaving me, Jyn’Ko, to clean up after the attack. Still kind of covered in sticky webbing, I ignore the goings on in front of me as I begin to pull the webbing from my body and flick it to the ground. There certainly was a lot of it on me. While self grooming, a glance up allowed me to see the large sand worm fall to the ground with a victorious thud and shifting of the sand with the cheering of those in attendance in taking down the beast. The creature is swiftly prepared to move by the troop of men and I had to admit that I was a bit impressed by their efficiency. In front of Eri, the man would release her hand and assure her, “it’s no problem, just think of it as bringing us a house warming gift. Such a big catch will provide us with plenty of food and oil.” Catching onto the fact that she seemed tribal in her own way, the man makes the comment, “what tribe are you from? If I had to guess, I would take you to be an Al’Bhedian woman? Aside from beautiful, you seem strong and honorable.”

Persona: Jyn'Rai | Timeline: 20 AD (Before reaching Rajeh) | EXP: 274 / 2888 | Role: Adventurer
Back to top Go down
Rek
Veteran
Veteran
Rek

Desert Walkers * Empty
PostSubject: Re: Desert Walkers *   Desert Walkers * EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 11:59 pm

Desert Walkers * Eri_1

Desert Walkers
The man's lingers gaze as he holds my hand starts to concern me and lets out a 'hmm'. The ground shakes from the falling the sand worm. My gaze is unmoved from the man by this or the cheering of hunters that have claimed it as their prize. My hand is finally let free of his as he assure me that no insult was taken but it was rather seen as a customary gift that is normally given when passing through another tribes territory. The question is asked and he seems to have met some of my follow tribe before. I give him a smile at the praise. Most outsiders do not believe that what I is honorable but it is that task that was given to me and I was rather good a stealing. "Un, I am of the Al'Bhed. You have had dealings with my sisters before?" I atomically assume that by his actions and the fact that the women are the hierarchy of the tribe rather than the men. Much like how women are looked at in the other tribes the men of the Al'Bhed are saw to be owned by the woman they are mated too. This is why a single woman may have multiple mates rather than the man. Although a few males have shown them self to be as equal.

xp: 226/2658
Desert Walkers * Eri_3
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

Desert Walkers * Empty
PostSubject: Re: Desert Walkers *   Desert Walkers * EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 1:11 am

The smile seems to coax the male’s pursuit in the conversation. The man folds his arms at his chest and gives a nod as he comments, “yes. From what I know, it is quite a fearful tribe for weak men, but one that I admire for its beauty and its strength.” He leaves it at that for now as he speaks, “but please, since you’re out here and you’ve brought us this gift, come join us at the village for a night. You can be our guests; it’s not every day an Al’Bhed woman is among us. I think it will be good; you can be my personal guest.” With the invitation, he would be awaiting her answer. In the background, the men would have secured the large catch with some of the faster runners heading back to the village to fetch animals for the haul; it wouldn’t simply be an easy thing to transport. As for myself, I would have cleaned off the gunk by now and have been standing with my arms folded. I didn’t know much about the desert tribe, so I wondered how things were between Eri’s tribe and others. I pegged it to be another learning experience in my journey through these lands. Though it didn’t seem as if this would lead me any closer to my goal of finding the dark mage from my past, since she and I had been traveling this long, I figured I could see where this road would lead us.

Persona: Jyn'Rai | Timeline: 20 AD (Before reaching Rajeh) | EXP: 259 / 3147 | Role: Adventurer
Back to top Go down
Rek
Veteran
Veteran
Rek

Desert Walkers * Empty
PostSubject: Re: Desert Walkers *   Desert Walkers * EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 12:15 am

Desert Walkers * Eri_1

Desert Walkers
The man offers to host us for the night. My golden eyes look up at the dry desert sun, the plan was to get to Rajeh by the end of the day and we could still make if we started moving again soon but it would be disrespectful to not take him up on his offer. I glance back at the men securing their large catch. It would be a rather dinner tonight and we did help with it. Even if the help wasn't attended it was given and was accepted on their part. Looking back at the bear chest man that has been trying to get my attention but so far has failed to do so. Mostly because I simple was not looking for a mate at this point in time and just having a weapon strapped to your back doesn't mean he knows how to us it. I give him a nod, "Un. In the name of friendship I aspect your offer of hospitality Tygris." I look over at Jyn and wave him over. "Oi, we been invented to stay to dinner and stay at village for a night." I was rather proud of my ability to work out a invention to the stay at the village. Even if it maybe be for other intentions besides just being friendly and hosting a guest. A win is a win no matter what the means are to get it. That is what my mother would have to say about it.

xp: 250/2908
Desert Walkers * Eri_3
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

Desert Walkers * Empty
PostSubject: Re: Desert Walkers *   Desert Walkers * EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 12:04 am

The man takes the acceptance of the offer as encouragement in his mind figuring that he was at least making a good impression on the tribal woman. In his mind, he was the bee’s knees, so it made sense to him that he was slowly winning over the young lady despite what her own mind might attempt to tell her. With the decision made to spend the night at the village, things were settled and he nods, “good, you shall be our guests then.” With that having been settles on both sides, he would motion towards the direction of the village and advise his men and the lady in attendance, “we’re moving out.” The scene fast forwards through the average length trip that is made to the village that is just about two miles northwest of our current location. After crossing the distance needed, we find ourselves brought into a settlement of sorts. It had a partially elevated sand wall that was about five feet high that surrounded the outside perimeter of the village. The village itself was probably no larger than two normal city blocks. It contained a few dozen house and structures made out of brick and sandstone. Entrances sported hanging cloths rather than wooden doors. There were small wooden pens that held desert animals such as a certain variety of goat and ostrich like birds. Beside the civilian elements of children running around playing, women cleaning and performing household tasks, and domesticated animals roaming about, there were men who were actively sparring and training outside utilizing various weapon types. As they entered into the village, the male would introduce, “welcome to our village, Verizon’Wryless.” Behind us, bred animals would be pulling the carcass of the large sand worm as overseen by the various men who were a part in taking it down. Looking to Eri, he would inquire, “I hope you will accept my household as accommodations, Desert Flower. So do you have any current needs? Are you hungry or thirsty?”

Persona: Jyn'Rai | Timeline: 20 AD (Before reaching Rajeh) | EXP: 392 / 3539 | Role: Adventurer
Back to top Go down
Rek
Veteran
Veteran
Rek

Desert Walkers * Empty
PostSubject: Re: Desert Walkers *   Desert Walkers * EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 12:32 am

Desert Walkers * Eri_1

Desert Walkers
Everything is in agreement with one and another, I pick up my blades and time movies forward as we move out across the desert. Reaching the village, it is a modest settlement with just a five foot sand wall to give every little protection to the hand full of houses that give shelter to those that live here. They don't seem to have a strong supple of wood and what they do have is used to build pens for their livestock. Just having a cloth for a door doesn't seem like it would be very much help in a sand storm but sometimes in life you have to take what you can get. The golden eyes follow the children as they run around playing while the women do the dormice chores. I pull the black scruff down from around face as the village is introduced to me as Verizon Wryless. I give a nod as I add to the introduced, "Nice little place you got here." Looking around from where I was at a little. I let a moment pass before answering his inquiry about my saying at his household and if I had any needs. "Of course. I am fine at the moment. Do the women not train in combat as well?" I glance over my shoulder at the men that are sparring with each other as the women are watching the children and cleaning.

xp: 236/3144
Desert Walkers * Eri_3
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

Desert Walkers * Empty
PostSubject: Re: Desert Walkers *   Desert Walkers * EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 2:19 am

The male guide and clan leader shakes his head to her question and admits, “our women here do not fight; they are not bred as your clan is where the women are dominant. There are a few women among us who are trained to battle, but they are in the minority.” Looking over to Eri, he speaks, “I know it’s the opposite in your tribe, isn’t it?” He looks back forwards to a large hut that they were fast approaching. The desert estate that they would be approaching would be a multi room white sandstone manor with a layered dry straw roof. He continues, “it is not done to subjugate them; it is just a different path that they take. There is no dishonor in the work they do as it is one of the reasons our clan is strong enough to stand alone amidst these warring lands.” While walking, the children of the village would run alongside the leader and the new comer as they would gaze up at her with large eyes wondering what tribe and village she was from. With a grin, he adds, “but I admire your clan’s ways. I believe a clan with dominant male and female warriors would be a tribe to reckon with. These lands are all about strength, don’t you think?”

Persona: Jyn'Rai | Timeline: 20 AD (Before reaching Rajeh) | EXP: 232 / 3771 | Role: Adventurer
Back to top Go down
Rek
Veteran
Veteran
Rek

Desert Walkers * Empty
PostSubject: Re: Desert Walkers *   Desert Walkers * EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 11:05 pm

Desert Walkers * Eri_1

Desert Walkers
The beefy man explains to me the way of life here in the village of Verizon Wryless. I give him a nod to answer his question of if it was the opposite of the way my tribe was. "It is." My golden eyes look down at the wide eyed children around us as we walk to the large hut made of white sandstone. Reaching into the one of the small pouches strapped around my thigh, I pull out a small bag as I stop for just a moment. Pulling the draw string free the bag filled with hard candy comes unfolds in the palm of my hand. I give them a smile as I hand out the candy. I pat one on the head with my gloved hand as the beefy tribe leader ask me what I thought about his view of the world. "The rolls of women and men are not the same and to place one in a roll that does not go with the nature of the world will bring chaos to the natural order of things." Folding the candy back up and tying the string around, I glance at the tribe leader as I put it away. "A blade doesn't do you any good if it isn't sharp and a sharp one is a waste if it is not used correctly." This was my nice way of telling him that I didn't agree with his earlier statement about women and men warriors working together was beneficial.

xp: 250/3394
Desert Walkers * Eri_3
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

Desert Walkers * Empty
PostSubject: Re: Desert Walkers *   Desert Walkers * EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 6:10 pm

Tygris watches as Eri stops among the children around them. As the candy is offered, the children would accept, not accustomed to such things. Taking the hard candy from her, they immediately make the connection to put it in their mouths. They look up with eyes of thanks as their tongues roll around the sensation of sweet fruit flavors. The child that is patted on the head giggles and after successfully getting something from the new comer, the children quickly go and gossip about her treats. No doubt the entire village of children would be at her disposal by the evening.

The leader listens to her words as he attempts to try to understand her when she speaks on roles. Questioning what she said, the leader remains at a standstill, not progressing towards the structure anymore as he asks, “so what are you trying to say. Are you trying to imply that men are inferior to women? I will agree with your comment and include that is the reason why our women are not trained in battle. Our men naturally pick up fighting at an early age, so when it comes to battle, the talent is already head started. Though both sexes have their advantages, a skilled man would easily defeat a skilled woman.”

Persona: Jyn'Rai | Timeline: 20 AD (Before reaching Rajeh) | EXP: 242 / 4023 | Role: Adventurer
Back to top Go down
Rek
Veteran
Veteran
Rek

Desert Walkers * Empty
PostSubject: Re: Desert Walkers *   Desert Walkers * EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 7:44 pm

Desert Walkers * Eri_1

Desert Walkers
I look at the man as he comes to stop and makes his declaration that a man is a better fighter then a woman, a light grin comes to my across my lips. "Is that what it sounded like I was imply..." I put the tip of my finger on my lower lip as I act like I was thinking about what he had said for a moment. "I thought I was implying that they where useful in other things like lifting heavy things, being farmers, artisans and general laborer. Where women are more suited for administrative tasks and such." The end of the long finger nail tips my lip. "I guess, from the right point of view, you could say men are inferior to women. What you say may be true for a nat pmuut woman but that does not say it is true for an Al'Bhed." I give him a wink as I hold up my finger, "But don't worry because you helped with the sand worm. I'll forgive you for not knowing that the Al'Bhed are the chosen of Anima and it is an insult to imply that we are the same as a nat pmuut when we are not." Although my fangs and pointy ears are not as apparent as some of the others in the tribe, fact that our blood is black and not red like the other tribes in the desert leans us to believe that we are not the same as they are.

xp: 250/3644
nat pmuut, red blood
Desert Walkers * Eri_3
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

Desert Walkers * Empty
PostSubject: Re: Desert Walkers *   Desert Walkers * EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 8:08 pm

The man would simmer down a bit as he realizes that he mistook her words. “Administrative tasks, huh?” he echoes her with a slight chuckle, “I see.” Still, the man provokes a little more as he comments in a teasing tone, “I would say our men did more than assist with the sand worm. Where a woman had weakened it, a man had to come and finish the job.” Though he was certain he wasn’t gaining any brownie points here, but he was going somewhere with all of this and was in the process of calculating a plan in his mind. His words would agree with her saying, “you did well for one person; that I cannot deny. Aye, I know well that the Al’Bhed women are special… And here before me I have an Al’Bhed woman. I told you my belief in strength in the desert, which is why I want to present you with a challenge.” Cutting straight to the chase, he challenges, “I would like to battle you and place a wager on the line. My desire is for my clan to prosper in strength. If I mate with one chosen by this Anima, then I believe I can bring together the beneficial traits of both our tribes. So if I win, I request to be able to mate with you to produce an offspring for my clan. If you accept and are able to defeat me I will offer you a prize of your choosing so that things are balanced.”

Persona: Jyn'Rai | Timeline: 20 AD (Before reaching Rajeh) | EXP: 259 / 4282 | Role: Adventurer
Back to top Go down
Rek
Veteran
Veteran
Rek

Desert Walkers * Empty
PostSubject: Re: Desert Walkers *   Desert Walkers * EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 12:56 am

Desert Walkers * Eri_1

Desert Walkers
My brow raises as the man makes his challenge. It was indeed more in if fervor then in my own as I was not sure if it would be a beneficial to me to take his challenge. The thought of losing doesn't enter my mind as my belief that the level of his strength was not close to my own. My golden eyes looks around at the small village not really seeing anything that I found to be the same worth as a child. I look back at the tribes leader. "Every well. I will take your challenge and show you the pride of the Al'Bhed and after you have fallen, I will claim what is to be mine." I glance over at Jyn who hasn't said anything in a while. "Sorry for getting us a little side tracked but this really shouldn't take much longer to wrap things up." Looking back at Tygris, "I recommend we take this elsewhere. I cannot grantee the safety of the people in this village if the challenge takes place here." I motion with my hand for him to lead the way as I give him the words of warning. Seeing he was the one that put forth the challenge I assume that is fully aware that his was some type of sparing match and there isn't going to be any holding back. There has been a few incidents with outsiders challenging an Al'Bhed for the right to mate. Most have ended with the challenger having a blade stuck through his chest.

xp: 258/3902
Desert Walkers * Eri_3
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

Desert Walkers * Empty
PostSubject: Re: Desert Walkers *   Desert Walkers * EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 8:53 pm

The large male would be pleased with her acceptance and a grin would spread across his face. When her attention shifts to me, I would be walking casually with my arms behind the back of my head standing among the other men who were a bit further back while having an internal conversation with myself and various personas in attendance. I would have missed much of what was going on, but from what she said that grabbed my attention, she seemed to have a handle on things. “Wait, you’re going to fight…” I murmur lightly, mostly to myself, wondering what was up, but it seemed to be a clan type thing. Still, it didn’t sit well with me. I decided that I would have to pay a bit more attention to what was going on. I also knew attempting to fight for her would probably go really wrong given the properties that I’ve learned of her clan so far. I really didn’t have a response in that moment of time other than a half blank “ok.” Tygris would agree to the terms of taking the fight beyond the scope of the village and would lead the way as prompted. The men seemed interested in watching what would go on, so along with them I proceeded with the procession that left out the village limited to the area west of the village. The short stone wall was used as a place to sit while the men and villagers would watch. Tygris would walk about twenty five or so yards from the village, coming to stand in a flat open space within the desert. He would face Eri with his arms folded as he suggests, “this should be far enough.” If she went for her weapons, he would retrieve his halberd from his back, but if she proceeded weaponless, then he would match her in that aspect. Still, he would assure in a jovial manner, “prepare yourself, Al’Bhed woman!”

Persona: Jyn'Rai | Timeline: 20 AD (Before reaching Rajeh) | EXP: 352 / 4624 | Role: Adventurer
Back to top Go down
Rek
Veteran
Veteran
Rek

Desert Walkers * Empty
PostSubject: Re: Desert Walkers *   Desert Walkers * EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 6:59 pm

Desert Walkers * Eri_1

Desert Walkers
The large tribal leader takes my words of wisdom for what they are and lead us outside of the limits of small village. See him turn to face me with arms folded as he suggests that this should be far enough, my golden eyes look around at the flat open desert that is now starting to be dratted with the man of the village that wants to see the event for them self. My hand comes up to unlatch the back pack from my back and tossing it off to the side. With the pack out of the way, my fingers wrap themselves around the hilt of the twin blades mounted across my lower back to pull them free of the leather sheaths. I look at the man with the halberd as he gives his taunt about being prepared and a slight grin comes to my lips. A single blade gives off a bluish white glow. "Huton" A sharp wave of ki that is some size of the blade cutes through the air as the blade comes across in a slash. I didn't want to disappoint the on lookers so I started off with something that as a little flash with it.

xp: 202/4104
Desert Walkers * Eri_3
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

Desert Walkers * Empty
PostSubject: Re: Desert Walkers *   Desert Walkers * EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 7:16 pm

I would lean and or sit against the sand stone wall that bordered the village with my arms folded looking out into the field that battle was going to take place at. A light frown is on my face as I look to Eri who seemed to be in her element here. There were many differences between us and I felt that I didn’t properly understand her feelings and how she thought all the time. I would have to make an effort to be better with that. For some reason seeing her out there and battling someone else in front of me felt odd and unsettling.

Tigris would wield his halberd, pulling it from his back, twisting it about in the air before holding it behind his back in his left hand with his right palm forwards thus setting his stance with his feet shifted just beyond shoulder’s width and his right side towards her. His eyes widen as he notices the ki attack and he murmurs, “a ki technique?” He brings his halberd around just in time to slam it against the cutting blade of ki, mostly noticeable by the trail of sand it ripped on its way to him. As he strikes the attack down, he’s able to feel the strength of it in his palm realizing her strength. The explosion from the block causes a small localized bout of dust, which he steps out of in a spin where he swings his halberd around full circle and slashes diagonally upwards. Sand, debris and small rocks are shot diagonally upwards aimed at the upper body of Eri’s position when she made her attack. After the attack, Tigris’s momentum would carry him forwards in a short dash towards her as his grip adjusts accordingly in his hand on his weapon.

Persona: Jyn'Rai | Timeline: 20 AD (Before reaching Rajeh) | EXP: 322 / 4946 | Role: Adventurer
Back to top Go down
Rek
Veteran
Veteran
Rek

Desert Walkers * Empty
PostSubject: Re: Desert Walkers *   Desert Walkers * EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 1:49 am

Desert Walkers * Eri_1

Desert Walkers
Following through with the attack my body spins and dunk as the wave sand, debris and small rocks comes flying up at me. The blade in my off hand gives off a reddish black glow as it is thrust out backwards into the oncoming sand. The sand hitting the tip of the blade that is charged with the very unstable ki technique causing a ten square foot shock wave to blast out from it in a cone like manner. Pushing the sand back the other way and most likely hitting the large tribal lender that is rushing in for an attack behind it. Like a dance my body comes back around to face him. The blade in my main hand skims across the top of the desert sand as it comes up to meet the Tigris' halberd with a cutting slash aimed to cut through the pole weapon at the center.

A warrior is only as good as the weapon they wield, and a warrior with no weapon is now warrior at all. Losing that weapon is the great dishonor and shame for an Al'Bhed for it shows who that Al'Bhed truly is inside. So I will take this man's pride away by taking his weapon from him.

xp: 208/4312
Desert Walkers * Eri_3
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

Desert Walkers * Empty
PostSubject: Re: Desert Walkers *   Desert Walkers * EmptyMon Jul 04, 2011 11:51 pm

After his debris attack, he wouldn’t expect his opponent to have a weaponless version of her own. As he is rushing in, the force of strength that pushes from Eri sends sand and grit back his way. His hindered vision for that moment would force him into a defensive position where he would hold his halberd before him. Her slash would come across the center, striking it but not breaking it (density is reduced however strong the attack is). Tigris would step back with the strike and regain his composure allowing the backwards momentum in his pivot back while taking the end of the halberd in his hands and swinging it around in a full circle type manner using his length advantage to coax a counter or at least keep her back as he replants his footing.

Persona: Jyn'Rai | Timeline: 20 AD (Before reaching Rajeh) | EXP: 152 / 5098 | Role: Adventurer
Back to top Go down
Rek
Veteran
Veteran
Rek

Desert Walkers * Empty
PostSubject: Re: Desert Walkers *   Desert Walkers * EmptyWed Jul 06, 2011 6:39 pm

Desert Walkers * Eri_1

Desert Walkers
The tribal leader is doing much better at holding his ground then I first thought he would be able to do. And his weapon of chose seems to fit his style rather well. He could make a suitable mate but I am still pulling my punches and the battle is just started.
His weapon withstands the attack and with a backwards push form the tip of my toes that sends them gladding over the desert sands, the blade rubs against the halberd while it is pulled away with the backing of my form. The pole weapon is swung in a circle at its fall length forcing my backing even farther. A single finger points out from the hilt of the blade as I avoid the halberd. "Raiton!" Dark sparks of black lightning arc from the finger tip to strike at Tigris while he is trying to get is footing back.

xp: 150/4462
Desert Walkers * Eri_3
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

Desert Walkers * Empty
PostSubject: Re: Desert Walkers *   Desert Walkers * EmptyWed Jul 06, 2011 9:06 pm

I would watch from my perch seeing the battle go back and forth. The guy wasn’t too bad and Eri didn’t seem like a slacker either. I hadn’t seen her fight against another person before, so this would be a learning experience for me.

A grin would stretch across the males face as he would force the Al’Bhed woman back with his swing; she had done well to evade the technique though he is caught off guard by what happens next. Before he is able to plant himself and continue the attack, the spark of dark lightning shoots across the distance between them and strikes him in his chest; the force is enough to cause him to slide back and since he was off balanced, it would be effective to catch him off guard. One hand removes from the halberd and comes to his chest defensively as it seemed that the attack was effective in at least knocking the wind out of him. He hadn’t thought about the fact that she could use magic so freely like that. After all, it wasn’t a common thing for humans to use magic, but maybe Tygris had underestimated this Al’Bhen woman without meaning too.

Persona: Jyn'Rai | Timeline: 20 AD (Before reaching Rajeh) | EXP: 218 / 5316 | Role: Adventurer
Back to top Go down
Rek
Veteran
Veteran
Rek

Desert Walkers * Empty
PostSubject: Re: Desert Walkers *   Desert Walkers * EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 12:58 am

Desert Walkers * Eri_1

Desert Walkers
The dark spell knocks the tribes men back leaving an opening off an attack. It would take him a few moments to recover from getting the wind knocked out of him. See a way to finish the battle quickly, my feet dig into the desert sands to slow my backwards movement and give me a good platform to push off from. The sand splashes up into the air as my feet pushes off the ground and jets my body up into the air towards the tribe leader. The twin blades fan out like crossed wings. With the blunt side of the blade bearing down with a strike that is slightly stronger then the last one onto his shoulder of the arm holding his weapon with the falling of my body. Sand flies up as I land on the ground and my body spins. The blunt side of the blade slides off of Tygris's shoulder as I bring the second blade around to strike him from the other side that was left open and unguarded. The strike would be from the blunt side of the blade so not to kill him. Killing him wouldn't be to helpful on keeping a friendship with this little village and out here having friends was just as good as giving a good blade. At the most break his collar bone and a few ribs. Maybe knock him off his feet for a few seconds or even hurt that hunters pride of his that seem to think he could've won some how.

xp: 256/4718
Desert Walkers * Eri_3
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

Desert Walkers * Empty
PostSubject: Re: Desert Walkers *   Desert Walkers * EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 10:42 am

The clansman finds himself off balance just long enough for Eri’s attack to strike effectively on his body. His gaze attempts to follow her, but the bright sun from the skies set as a backdrop and her speed and ability to take advantage of the situation overcome him. His body feels pain all over as there is a cracking sound with the most intense portions of pain coming from his collarbone and rib area. His body is pushed to the point where his back is brought to the ground. His body gives a small bounce when it hits the ground and he gazes up at the sky, slightly dazed with his weapon landing to his side, semi buried in the sand. The clansmen on the sideline look on and call out, “leader!” on seeing their chief fall after taking such a critical blow. After quickly recomposing himself, the chief attempts to pull himself up through gritted teeth. He immediately feels an immense pain at his rib and collar. The pain is enough to normally keep someone down, but he soon realized that he had a bulk of his clan watching him. Along the thoughts of ‘I cannot dishonor my clanmates’ by staying down; he bites through the pain to try again in pulling himself up. With some effort, he gets to his feet, holding his side with his right hand in an unnatural amount of pain. Knowing that fighting further would only embarrass him, he admits, “it looks like I can admit defeat with honor; you are stronger than I thought Al’Bhed woman.”

Persona: Jyn'Rai | Timeline: 20 AD (Before reaching Rajeh) | EXP: 290 / 5606 | Role: Adventurer
Back to top Go down
Rek
Veteran
Veteran
Rek

Desert Walkers * Empty
PostSubject: Re: Desert Walkers *   Desert Walkers * EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 2:03 pm

Desert Walkers * Eri_1

Desert Walkers
Standing above the large man as he falls to the ground. The golden eyes watch him as he struggles to get back on to his feet. Hearing his words the two blades return to their hard leather sheaths on my lower back. My bronze arms come to fold under my chest as I look up at the large man, "You have shown that you have some worth, and as to the deal that we have both agreed too. You asked for the blood of the Al'Bhed and blood is paid with blood. So as the winner of this battle I choose to take you as my prize. Do you agree to this?" While waiting for the tribes leader to agree or disagree to my term of our agreement. The golden orbs look around at the men of the village that seem to show concern for their leader. I could take one of them instead but having there leader following me seem to be more of a benefit then just having one or two of them. That is if the people here truly care for the man that is there leader, then there has to be a few that will still follow him.

xp: 202/4920
Desert Walkers * Eri_3
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

Desert Walkers * Empty
PostSubject: Re: Desert Walkers *   Desert Walkers * EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 4:31 pm

Tygris is caught off guard by the counter request that is made of him as is shown on his countenance as he attempts to understand the offer. From his sitting position along the side lines, Jyn picks up on what was requested and frowns slightly. “Well, that makes things more complicated for me…” he murmurs lightly to himself dissatisfied internally with the arrangement. “We could have asked for a goat or something…” his murmurs trail. Still in a good amount of pain, the large male would attempt to stand up straight and speak, “I will honor my promise and if that is your wish, then I shall grant it as earned.” The clansmen surrounding the area are unsure of what to make of this new development; for someone to basically own their clan leader was a confusing turn of events to unfold. From the side, the right hand to the leader speaks, “but boss, you can’t…” Tygris turns a cold glare to him and answers, “you’re right, I can’t go back on my word as a desert tribesman.” Having been chastised, things didn’t sit well with the right hand, but he held his piece and remained verbally silent after the leader had spoken. Frustrated and not wanting to stand about during this, the right hand growls and storms off to the side formulating plans of his own. Tygris’s gaze would shift back towards Eri as he grins, “I’ll be in your care, please take care of me.” A few of the clansmen who followed their leader blindly rush to his side while informing him that his wounds needed to be looked at. There would be questions, but they would have to be dealt with later. A few others who had been standing around Jyn who hadn’t run forth, walk away with odd expressions. With a sigh, Jyn shakes his head and murmurs, “this probably won’t end well.”

Persona: Jyn'Rai | Timeline: 20 AD (Before reaching Rajeh) | EXP: 352 / 5958 | Role: Adventurer
UYB

Last edited by aѕceпxion on Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rek
Veteran
Veteran
Rek

Desert Walkers * Empty
PostSubject: Re: Desert Walkers *   Desert Walkers * EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 1:59 am

Desert Walkers * Eri_1

Desert Walkers

The man agrees to my term even though it seems that some of this clansmen do not like them. But a deal is a deal and if you break a deal then you face the wheel. My eyes follow the man that walks away frustrated for a moment as I speak to Tygris. "Good, I want you stay here till I find need for you. You are free to do as you wish till then." The golden eyes look over the man that looks like he is about to fall from his injuries for a moment before shifting over to Jyn. "Jyn, let us get moving again before we lose any more time." Walking over to the back pack on the ground I reach down to grab it by the strap and throw it over my shoulder. The latch clicks back in place and I pull the black scarf up over my face before heading out.

Spoiler:

xp: 274/5194
ooc: so like I couldn't help myself
Desert Walkers * Eri_3
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Desert Walkers * Empty
PostSubject: Re: Desert Walkers *   Desert Walkers * Empty

Back to top Go down

Desert Walkers *
Page 1 of 1