Shintheory Role-Playing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shintheory Role-Playing

Welcome to the HUB of Shintheory Roleplaying!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A Song in Storm

Go down 
AuthorMessage
LittleMariko
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
LittleMariko

Rep! : 31

A Song in Storm Empty
PostSubject: A Song in Storm   A Song in Storm EmptySun May 29, 2011 8:19 pm

The day's hunting proved successful for Iskra, the hyena spirit. She'd taken a brief leave of her friend to go out hunting on her own, and she'd managed to acquire a goat like creature that struggled against her mouth and tickled it as she dragged it off. A short distance away, she saw a lake and a marvelously vast ruin nearby that didn't bear the particular smell of human, though like most decent ruins it was likely the habitation of at least one creature.

A few fat raindrops plopped down on her pelt, and soon several fat, black clouds rolled into view, obscuring the sun and drenching the land in replenishing rain. The beast didn't mind as much, however, she still wanted to eat her prey somewhere that could shelter her from the chilling effects of the water.

So trailing blood behind her, she cautiously made her way towards the abandoned-looking megalithic structure.

[ EXP: 239 ]

Back to top Go down

A Song in Storm Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Song in Storm   A Song in Storm EmptySun May 29, 2011 8:31 pm

Leodak would be inside of what he could consider his own home. He stood up from his chair and ignited more of the candles inside of the room to give himself some light to work with. He turned his head towards the entrance to the lab as he could hear the rain pouring down on the outside of the building. Leodak sighed softly and shook his head, knowing he would not be able to test the wiring in such conditions. Especially after what happened last time he tried touching the wiring while it was still wet. He went back over to his workbench and looked at the metal sitting there. His latest toy could wait a little while, at least until he made sure the entrance to the lab was cleared.
The scaled creature walked through the decayed tunnels that made up the abandoned laboratory. He walked the hallways that his mother had used to conduct her own experiments, and even create him. Though to Leodak this place was his birth place, how he was born he did not know. He ran his paw along the wall, his claws dragging across the walls in a sound of warning to all the creatures that would dare intrude upon his sanctuary. 'At least now I will not have to hunt for food if some little creature came in here seeking shelter from the coming storm.' His snout contorted into a smirk at his own thoughts as he finally reached the entrance of his lab.
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
LittleMariko

A Song in Storm Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Song in Storm   A Song in Storm EmptySun May 29, 2011 8:40 pm

The hyena lay down to enjoy her goat, that was now too anemic to move much. She was underneath the circular "porch" that composed a formerly-welcoming entrance to what had once been a very advanced bioengineering lab. Now the overgrown grass made a soft bed for her, and a tree had long fallen across the large semicircle. The columns of the half that the timber had not fallen on were sufficient to support the tree at a 45 degree angle, and moss and mushrooms speckled the surface cheerily. It was crawling with life. Frogs sang and the steady pat-pat-pat of the storm with its rumble of far-off thunder was a lullaby.

Yet, an unnatural sound cut into her enjoyment of nature's beauty. She turned and stood to her four feet, determined to not be driven out into the rain or have her meal stolen from her. She bared her teeth at the darkness behind the cracked glass doors, as though to say, These are my fangs, so this is my bed. After all, she was a very large hyena. Fully four-and-a-half feet at the shoulder with a body made for chasing and tearing apart creatures three times her size, a mass of bristling hair and lean muscle. Her small, dark blue eyes detected nothing behind her, though the sound told her something was definitely there.

[ EXP: 314 ]

Back to top Go down

A Song in Storm Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Song in Storm   A Song in Storm EmptySun May 29, 2011 8:52 pm

Leodak put his claws in between two large sliding doors that in the past would have been opened by sliding a key-card. He let out a grunt of exertion as he slowly opened up the door. The metallic door would let out a sound of metal grinding against metal as the hybrid pushed open the door. In the distance the large hyena could probably see the glow of his orange eyes against the ever present darkness around him.

Leodak took a step into the ruined welcoming area, a large semi circle desk would dominate the room. There would be hallways off to other areas of the large lab, however his gaze would be focused on the outside. Before the dawn there was a wall of glass which lead towards the glass doorways. Now however most of the glass was broken or gone, used in other projects. He folded his wings close behind him as he pulled up the hood of his hoodie. On his feet there would be a ruined pair of shoes, altered by the hybrid to let his claws on his feet move freely. He stepped forward into the hall and looked out on to what could be called the porch of the lab. Seeing a wet creature there he did what he had to do with most creatures. He spread his wings large behind and opened his snout out in a roar, making sure the animal before him knew that this was his home, his land.
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
LittleMariko

A Song in Storm Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Song in Storm   A Song in Storm EmptySun May 29, 2011 9:01 pm

Iskra winced under the monstrous sound of the broken door being forced open by the strange person's claws.

Well, was it a person? She wasn't very sure what he was. Her first instinct was that it was another spirit, like her, though she somehow guessed that to be wrong.

But it walked on two legs like a human. Perhaps it understood human speech.

"What are you?" The voice, feminine and low despite the appearance of the hyena, who would look male to anyone not familiar with the anatomy of hyenas. It was a small, but confusing detail, as the creature's mouth didn't move when she spoke. She did, however, growl and stand possessively over the fallen goat, throwing a snarl back in the face of the guardians of this ruin. It was a preliminary round.

[ EXP: 214 ]

Back to top Go down

A Song in Storm Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Song in Storm   A Song in Storm EmptySun May 29, 2011 9:08 pm

Leodak stepped forward past the large desk as he advanced towards the hyena creature. He put his hands on the inside of the former door and walked through it as he narrowed his eyes on the creature before him as it spoke. Hearing the speech coming from seemingly nowhere his eyes moved around to see if there was anyone else in the area that he had missed. Seeing no one he focused his attention back on Iskra and opened his mouth to speak. "As to what I am that is something that both of us would like to know creature, as to who I am...I am the owner of this facility and I am its inhabitant. Speak quickly as to why I should not forcibly evict you from my lands." He walked forward once more as he advanced closer towards the creature and growled lowly, a deep rumbling growl coming from deep inside of him. He was going to make sure that this creature whatever it actually was, was well aware that trespassing on his property was not a good move unless you were a truly desperate creature.
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
LittleMariko

A Song in Storm Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Song in Storm   A Song in Storm EmptySun May 29, 2011 9:23 pm

It was at that moment that Iskra recalled all the lessons that associating with humans had taught her.

One of the first, imparted to her by a vagrant traveler in the desert and various demons in hell, is that others always felt entitled to something for goods and services that they had available. It was a hyena's way to simply take whatever he or she wanted because hyenas are stronger than most other kinds of creatures, but now would be a good time to test her new philosophies.

The beast stood up on two legs, gradually growing taller as her fur, tail, and snout receded into clothes. Her feet grew flatter so she could stand on them and the hair on her head grew longer.

At the end of it all, a spotty-haired woman stood over the goat before the draconic entity.

"I will give you two options. We can negotiate a payment for you to tolerate my presence here until this storm passes or we can fight. Either way I will be here at least until I finish my meal."

[ EXP: 262 ]

Back to top Go down

A Song in Storm Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Song in Storm   A Song in Storm EmptySun May 29, 2011 9:28 pm

He looked at the woman with mild curiousity as she transformed from a hyena into a fairly attractive woman. At least that is what he thought compared to a human's idea of attractiveness. He walked forward until the distance between Iskra and himself was a mere ten feet. "There shall be no negotiating woman. This is your only option. You may stay in the entrance hallway and eat your meal in peace. You are not allowed to venture deeper into my home without my express permission, which you will not be getting. Do you understand this?"
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
LittleMariko

A Song in Storm Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Song in Storm   A Song in Storm EmptySun May 29, 2011 9:39 pm

"You can take it easy," she began, relaxing and deciding that attacking him was ultimately an energy-saving choice. Humans were truly wise sometimes. "I haven't the faintest desire to go into your..." her eyes drifted back to the lab. "...rock."

the woman didn't wish to reveal that she was, in fact, afraid to go back into that area. She was affected with the same generalized claustrophobia that most wild creatures had for manmade structures... the kennel... the cage... the trap... the building. They were all the same.

She plopped down before the goat and casually tore one of its legs away from its uncooked body, munching on the appendage, hair and all, in a manner that might have been reminiscent of a caveman if such things existed on this plane.

"I think you are an onikonjou like me," she said at length, speaking her mind on his identity. "You look like a dragon and you have wings. Have you ever been to hell?"

[ EXP: 270 ]

Back to top Go down

A Song in Storm Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Song in Storm   A Song in Storm EmptySun May 29, 2011 10:05 pm

"My entire life has been a living hell since the day I awoke." He folded his wings closer to his body in a less threatening display of himself. "I am glad to hear that you do not want to enter the building then, it is much easier to keep trespassers out when they have no urge to get in." He would crouch down and look towards the woman with an upraised eyeridge as he examined her from the five foot distance. "You believe that I am a onikonjou? I have not heard of such a name before so I can not offer my own opinion on such a claim." He extends his wings behind him and stretches them out, his hood still covering his head protecting some of his head from the rain. "What are you then?"
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
LittleMariko

A Song in Storm Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Song in Storm   A Song in Storm EmptySun May 29, 2011 10:15 pm

The claim that he'd always lived in hell confused her to an extent, until she examined the statement more closely and figured out that he meant it metaphorically. She waved a gory goat leg at his wing before she continued. "Hell is a place at the bottom of a big lake where only spirits can live. I am an onikonjou... a spirit that's not a kamikonjou. Kamikonjou are generally whispy spirits who protect the weak. Onikonjou are more complicated than kamikonjou because we have different natures and motivations, which is why I say that an onikonjou is simply any spirit that isn't a kamikonjou. Personally, I'm a hyena spirit descended from the great clan of these forests. I don't group myself with beings like lust and pride demons."

She stopped to take another chew of the goat leg. Indeed, her entire speech had been punctuated by crumbs of meat falling like the rain nearby.

[ EXP: 241 ]

Back to top Go down

A Song in Storm Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Song in Storm   A Song in Storm EmptySun May 29, 2011 10:38 pm

He rose from his crouching position and advanced once more until there was only a few feet separating the two creatures. He examined her more closely now that there was less difference and noted how she was structured and how she ate. "The place you describe must be a truly interesting place to be located beneath a lake. However I have never visited such a place as you describe. I do not know of the different spirits nor what they do. You are not a normal human then...you are something different? Something animalistic...." He looks at her curiously, finding something that was close to what he was.
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
LittleMariko

A Song in Storm Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Song in Storm   A Song in Storm EmptyMon May 30, 2011 11:36 pm

"Oh, this human-looking form?" She continued to munch between every few syllables, her speech sending a spray of blood. "I actually got this only recently. I'm normally a hyena. What they call an animal. Puh." Munch munch. "A human term if I ever heard one. What is an 'animal', exactly? Anything living that isn't a human? I may as well make a term for everything that isn't a hyena, though we had one in our language." Gulp. "You have to know about spirits, though," she waved the bone outside towards the rain. "They're everywhere. You might have seen a few and not known what they are. Some of them look a lot like normal animals. 'Spirit' is just another one of those human terms, though. Humans classify everything. They like to have a label for it. If they saw half of the things I did, they'd have to invent a whole new dictionary to contain their fresh labels. Heh heh heh."

She seemed proud, but only because she was speaking to a person who didn't know what an onikonjou was and ostensibly hadn't done much traveling outside of this ruin. It was the cockiness of experience in the face of someone a little green behind the ears.

[ EXP: 305 || +1 TEXP (2nd thread) ]

Back to top Go down

A Song in Storm Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Song in Storm   A Song in Storm EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 4:49 pm

He looks towards the sprays of blood as they spew from the corpse with indifference, watching them hit and splash on the ground before returning his attention to the apparent 'woman' in front of him. "Everything bears a classification because everything within that classification has certain similarities. Animals and humans fall into the same classification, human is just a more minute one." He nodded his head simply as he looked out beyond the woman to everything around him. "If spirits are everywhere, than is not everything a spirit? Human kind may just be another off-shoot of the spirits?" He looked at her with curiosity as he poised the question.
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
LittleMariko

A Song in Storm Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Song in Storm   A Song in Storm EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 2:17 pm

"Everything a spirit?" she said, once again not watching where she was speaking. "I think that makes sense." A few thoughtful chews. "Everything's descended from a spirit, after all. Have you heard of Paike, the great hyena?"

She swallowed before she began. "You can see her in the sky every day, giving warmth to the land. She's the mother that birthed this world twenty years ago. The fragments you see around us are this world's sibling that died on the way out of the womb."

It made plenty of sense to her, though it was a decidedly hyena-centric view of the world. She certainly couldn't help it. From the time she was a small subadult she'd heard many, many stories about various figures of her clan's mythology. Paike, the mother of the world and her mate, Vosht, the moon and the creator of all wickedness. There were other members of the clan... the rainstorm and the fire. They were all spirits in her head, and the world itself was the body of an offspring of a spirit, and they were all offspring of the world. That would make them all grandchildren of a massive spirit, and thus all spirits.

"So you're right. Everything's a spirit, but some things they call 'spirits' more than others."

[ EXP: 246 || +1 TEXP (2nd thread) ]

Back to top Go down

A Song in Storm Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Song in Storm   A Song in Storm EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 4:27 pm

He nods his head as she repeated what he said. "I can not say that I have heard that story." He rested his hands on his knees as he crouched down listening intently to the story she was telling. "That makes a lot of sense for you, but I know I was not born a Hyena, and I have not seen any other hyenas or anything else really around here. You also have a decidedly different..body structure than me in both of your 'forms', less scales and horns." He scratched behind his head with a claw idly as he pondered what she was talking about. "I suppose there are a great variety of spirits out there in the world." He rose slowly from his crouching position as he walked around in a circle around the woman, looking out towards the forest and returning his attention to the lab that birthed him. "I was born in there, I wonder if that makes the stone of the building, the metal of the tools, the liquids inside, all spirits." He rubs his chin in thought as he looks out towards the trees then back to the labs. "I am curious, perhaps you can tell me about this. If everything is a spirit, are the buildings spirits as well, or just the things found outside of buildings?"
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
LittleMariko

A Song in Storm Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Song in Storm   A Song in Storm EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 4:36 pm

She shrugged when he reminded her that he wasn't born of a hyena. She couldn't account for the not-hyena things. They were more creations. Only hyenas were made in the great god's form, but his second question was easy for her. "Oh no, they aren't spirits themselves," she continued on without missing a beat. "Both creatures and spirits have meat. Stones and metals are the meat of this world, and humans take that meat and make things out of them. Weapons and buildings and such things..."

Her eyes went up to the lab. "I guess some humans on the sibling world must have created this before they disappeared. The buildings that they make can't live, and only living things can give birth. You must have come from somewhere else and ended up inside the building."

She tilted her head to the side. "You aren't the first, actually. I've met some other people like you who say they just woke up on the world one day and weren't born of anything. Those are the ones who were born of this world itself. Maybe the world just birthed you inside of this building thing."

[ EXP: 233 ]

Back to top Go down

A Song in Storm Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Song in Storm   A Song in Storm EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 4:42 pm

He let the fact that she ignored the first question slide by him for now, after all he knew that he was not hyena born. That would be a ridiculous thing to think of. He looked back towards the building as she started to talk once more. "If creatures and spirits both have meat that would also make sure that trees were not spirits correct?" He looked back towards the nature outside of the lab as he poised the question before returning his attention back down towards her. "If I must have come from somewhere else it begs the question where did I come from?" He rubs his chin in thought before she continues on. He raises an eyeridge as he looks towards her when she talks. "Born of the world itself....? If I was born of the world why would it place me in something that it does not make?"
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
LittleMariko

A Song in Storm Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Song in Storm   A Song in Storm EmptyTue Jun 14, 2011 1:39 am

The woman shook her head in affirmation of the first statement. "No, trees do not have spirits, though... they're like hair."

Of course, with the hyena-centric worldview came the thought that trees, like hair, were indigestible, and that plants were merely the hair of the land, which was a spirit.

"No one can know the will of Paike or this Terra itself," she said finally, not sure exactly what the man's story was to begin with, but sure in her simple faith that it did nothing to contradict her established worldview. "I have seen serpents like you, but you seem somewhat different..."

At no point did she stop eating, but she did slow down, hesitating as she thought on. "Maybe something different happened to you? After all, I'm sure that it is possible that something that wasn't Paike is your grandparent, though everything I've seen is descended from her. There are many wonders and strange things in this world. If you were born in this building, then maybe it's an unusual building and can make offspring like you."

It was an odd thought, but one that made perfect sense in her head. After all, the stories she was told were far from complete.

[ EXP: 235 ]

Back to top Go down

A Song in Storm Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Song in Storm   A Song in Storm EmptyTue Jun 14, 2011 1:58 am

He scratched behind his head with a single claw as she said that trees were more like hair. He sat there in silence for a few moment not comprehending what she would mean by trees being hair. Despite his confusion on the statement she continues to talk, so he pushes the tree idea into the back of his mind before listening on to what she had to say. "Serpents like me? You have seen other things with scales and wings? I have not seen anything close to me in that regard...." He looked back towards the building as she talked about the building. "If there are things not descended from Paike on this world how did they get here to begin with? Did Paike bring them or were they perhaps always here?" He moved in his position to look back at the building with a curious expression plastered across his face. "If this building can make more creatures like me...or any creature at all....I think I should investigate that..."
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
LittleMariko

A Song in Storm Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Song in Storm   A Song in Storm EmptyTue Jun 14, 2011 2:29 am

The woman's eyebrows furrowed. Older than Paike? Well, it was feasible, she thought, looking up at the clouds behind which the sun, to which she attributed creation of the entire globe, rested. "Well, it's possible. I certainly don't know how old Paike is. I only know that she had a great number of relatives in her clan. Some of them are female. It's possible that they had children as well, though I never heard the whole story concerning them."

For a moment, the food became less interesting than the conversation, and she left the corpse to poke her nose around the door to the lab, careful not to cross the threshold, lest she offend her conversational partner. "You can go inside of it and outside of it. Is there anything inside of it that looks like a womb, maybe? If it's a special building and if it is alive, then it has to move and have organs and bones and those kind of things."

Her eyes fell on the draconic entity before her again before she continued. "There's a place called hell, and many of the persons and creatures that were born there look like you... scaly and such. I can't really account for them, but since they are under Terra, I assume they have to be descendents of Paike as well. None of them remember where they came from either."

[ EXP: 263 || +1 TEXP (5th post) ]

Back to top Go down

A Song in Storm Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Song in Storm   A Song in Storm EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 1:32 pm

"Hmm...maybe...." He rose from his crouching position as he walked over to the door to the lab, standing next to the woman as he looked into the lab with faint curiosity on his face. "Anything inside that might look like a womb?" He rubbed his chin in thought as he looked forward, stepping through the threshold as he motions for the woman to follow him into the building. "I do not know if there is anything inside of here that may look like a womb, there are some places of the building that I can not get to. I am still working on getting into those areas....However I can show you where I awoke...and what fed me." He goes to the sliding door and forces his claws inside of the small slit once more before forcing the door to open. The sound of mechanical gears grinding against each other would be heard easily as he did so. Once the door was open he turned towards the woman, waiting for her to come over to him.
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
LittleMariko

A Song in Storm Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Song in Storm   A Song in Storm EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 10:57 pm

The noise injured her sensitive ears, though they weren't as sensitive as one might expect a wild beast's to be. Such a thing occurred when she first discovered her human form: the loss of some of her senses. It seemed they defaulted to a more human state of affairs, though the noise might have shook her skull had she been completely deaf.

Once the noise cleared the wind, however, her curiosity seized her immediately and drove her forward, despite the way she'd told herself that she was thoroughly uninterested in this lizard-man's territory. A building that was alive and could have children? The idea was all too amazing to pass up, though she couldn't help but wonder if the building was female in the hyena sense of the word or female in the sense that all other species considered it.

The way he forced open the door and walked inside, however, seemed to point to the latter.

A curious thing as well was how her new acquaintance seemed to live inside of his mother. Most creatures she knew departed the womb and never looked back. If this thing was his mother, then...

Well, it might be a wicked and perverse thing, but she certainly didn't plan to judge until she knew the whole story. Wickedness wasn't necessarily "bad" in her worldview, after all, just not very hyena-like.

[ EXP: 262 ]

Back to top Go down

A Song in Storm Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Song in Storm   A Song in Storm EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 8:41 pm

He looked back towards her as he opened the door, and nodded to himself once he saw that she was following him. He moved forward and went to the walls, disabling the traps there as he moved on to the floor. He crouched down and moved a tile on the ground as he disabled even more traps. He rose slowly from his crouching position and walked over the revealed tile, moving down the hallway. She could easily see the flicker of a flame down one of the hallways that branched out from the main walkway. He did not turn that way however as he walked down a hall to the left. He ran his claw along the right wall of the hallway, cutting a wire as he ducked under a swinging trap. He stopped the trap as he looked back towards the woman that he thought would be following him. "Think you can keep up with all of this and not get lost within here?" He smirked slightly at her before continuing on. His eyes would seem to glow slightly in the darkness as he advanced, merely assuming that she was able to see in the dark.
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
LittleMariko

A Song in Storm Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Song in Storm   A Song in Storm EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 8:53 pm

Iskra shifted down to her more bestial form as they proceeded, simply because she felt more natural in it and she found it easier to spring away from danger or defend herself. Her humanoid form was... a weak thing. The only equipment she had to fight with that required hands and fingers and opposable thumbs was a spear she'd gotten from the corpse of her friend's father, but she'd never bothered to learn to use the thing. Perhaps it might have been useful to fish or hunt with if she didn't have claws and teeth, but as things were she did.

Another peculiarity were the sheer number of traps. She raised an eyebrow every time the gentle sound of a contraption being triggered or disarmed echoed around the darkened halls. She didn't see how most of them even worked, and she certainly couldn't see the need for so many. Were the first dozen or so insufficient to kill any potential intruders? Perhaps if a great number of them suddenly all disarmed them with their bodies...

It had gotten pretty dark, but she intuitively sensed her way around. It wasn't unlike being in a den. "As long as I'm following you, I will be fine."

[ EXP: 230 ]

Back to top Go down

A Song in Storm Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Song in Storm   A Song in Storm EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 9:13 pm

He crouches down slowly as he turns over towards the woman, looking the hyena over as he did. Once he was eye level he nodded his head as he made a wide motion. "You seem to be unnerved by the number of traps I have had to scatter across this place. When I was young, creatures stalked me in my home, and hid in the hallways. Be it the ones who walk on two legs or those that walk on four legs, they have stalked me from my birth. I can not guard everywhere at once, and they are persistent." He rose and started to continue down the hallway as he looked around, and took a right, going down a side passage. He makes his way through the various debris that blocked the passageway and made it difficult to navigate, making sure to help the other creature now that he realizes she can not see in the dark. Once he enters a large room he moves away from her, going to a small desk as he picked up a candle. He took a breath as a small amount of flame licked the air, igniting the wick on the candle. He placed it back on the desk as he looked around. "This is where I have my first memories." He moves over to a large tube that was barely illuminated by the small fire in the corner of the room. She could easily see that the tube lead to something large upstairs, what that was would be hard to determine however. The cylinder had many smaller tubes going out of the top and bottom, leading off to things in the darkness.
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
LittleMariko

A Song in Storm Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Song in Storm   A Song in Storm EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 3:10 pm

At first the hyena thought that the number of traps was a matter of mere impracticality, but upon hearing his story, she felt a bit of sympathy for him. He obviously didn't have a clan growing up like she once had... an entity of several older, more powerful adults to ward off the danger with ominous snarls... noises and snaps backed by bonecrushing power. No, he must've been all alone in this big, dark... thing.

It was a sad tale, one that only seemed to grow sadder when they arrived in the room of his birth.

She tilted her head to the side, squinting in the sparse light of the fire and inching closer gingerly. There was an interesting smell about it, and she investigated with both her nose and eyes the tube itself and the roots of the smaller thing trailing off into the black around them.

It took a full half a minute for her to finish pacing around the thing respectfully, sniffing here and poking there and taking in all angles of the odd object.

At length she sat back, thoroughly confused. "Well, it's definitely a womb of some kind," she concluded with finality. "I've ripped wombs out of creatures before, and this seems like a particularly large one to me. It has the same sort of... tube shape." She sat back. "But it doesn't seem alive at all. Maybe your mother died delivering you?"

Her eyes trailed up to where the cylinder disappeared into the ceiling. Organs always led each to another, and it only reinforced her conclusion that she couldn't see the larger picture.

[ EXP: 308 ]

[UPDATE CHECKPOINT]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A Song in Storm Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Song in Storm   A Song in Storm Empty

Back to top Go down

A Song in Storm
Page 1 of 1