Shintheory Role-Playing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shintheory Role-Playing

Welcome to the HUB of Shintheory Roleplaying!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

MLC Q&A

Go down 
+8
Rek
aѕceпxion
Kazatul
Shintre
Noah
Rune
Kazakura
Pennywise
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Pennywise
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
Pennywise

Rep! : 26

MLC Q&A - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: MLC Q&A   MLC Q&A - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 11:29 am

First topic message reminder :

As per request of Shin. MLC Q&A update version 2. Brought to you by me. Pennywise bwhahahaha. Ok so this is how it works for new people and such when they inevitably get around to reading this board. Also for those who have forgotten.

MLC Q&A - Page 2 9-51
Confused Person: Help I have a question!
Penny:First off, ask yourself. Is the answer on the content site and you just haven't read it?
Confused Person: Maybe I-
Penny:* Slaps over the back of the head then quotes section*

Situation 2:
Confused Person: Its not on the content site help!
Penny: Gladly, we're here to answer anything we can to the best of our ability ( so long as we aren't reading to you)
*Situation resolved with answers*
Confused Person: Thank you MLC!

Situation 3: Situation Unresolved
Confused Person: You aren't any help!/I'm not happy with the answer!
Penny: Ah, how unfortunate. We shall notifiy Shin and retrieve a direct and definte answer for you.
Confused Person: Ok!
Shin: ):<
*Situation resolved, Shin unhappy about having to do something)

In short, we're here to take some weight of Shin's back by answering questions so he doesn't have to. We're more experienced members. But this does not mean our answers are absolute( although, I'll note at this stage Kyro is nearly always right). Process of questioning, ensure the answer isn't availible somewhere on the site. Ask on MLC, do not go directly to Shin, he will likely point you back here. If answer/situation is not resolved through the MLC. Then Shin can be contacted. Think thats about it. Anyways. Enjoy.

Oh, last note. Any questions from current members about the updates should be directed at the Shindows Update Thread. Peace and chicken grease.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Rek
Veteran
Veteran

MLC Q&A - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MLC Q&A   MLC Q&A - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 4:27 pm

Saying "shin told me so" doe not make it so. I still disagree with you and infact think you are going to cose the very thing you say you are try to stop. If I have to go through the trouble of doing an upgrade for every stage in a tech then I am either going to save my xp till I can buy the tech at the stage I want it or just make a new tech at a higher stage skiping the upgrradiing altogher.
Back to top Go down
Kazatul
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
Kazatul

Rep! : 19

MLC Q&A - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MLC Q&A   MLC Q&A - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 5:53 pm

First and foremost, I never said that Shin said anything. I stated that it is my understanding from speaking with Shin that he does not want ppl skipping stages. Now, you are more than welcomed to PM Shin directly if you still feel that I am wrong. That would be the proper next step, not trying to have a back and forth when I have already answered a question. Now as to your new additions, I'll address those now as well:

1. Actually, you are more than welcomed to wait. You will have no/few abilities or be lacking in w/e the important component of your tech that you are waiting to upgrade anyway. And guess what? More than likely, in your RPs that you are doing to build that EXP pool, you will be trying to figure out how to make yourself stronger while you wait.

The simple fact is that no one ever jumps from beginner novice to billy bad ass beast in one shot and that's what is being prevented either the gradual progression way or the stay weak for much longer way. The desired result would still be achieved.

Also, when you consider the aspect of having to buy tags, higher training costs, your way will end up with less abilities at weaker training levels. The way I stated makes people skilled at their level, damn near at all times.

2. Ya kno, I thought that was an alternative as well, but like I almost did last night and you've done here, you forgot the whole purpose behind Upgrading a tech. You transfer all of that training EXP into the new tech & since Holding Back is still in play, having a weaker ability is useless. So by all means, make new techs and start from Novice in training each one over and over again.
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

Rep! : 56

MLC Q&A - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MLC Q&A   MLC Q&A - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 6:04 pm

I was under the assumption that the only tag you needed every level for was SYL.
Back to top Go down
Kazatul
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
Kazatul

MLC Q&A - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MLC Q&A   MLC Q&A - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 9:20 pm

*shrugs* Dunno, just sent him a text to rule on this tmrw when he gets a chance. That way there won't be any confusion. That would be VERY nice if SYL is the only one that has to go stage by stage.
Back to top Go down
Pennywise
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
Pennywise

MLC Q&A - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MLC Q&A   MLC Q&A - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 1:43 am

aѕceпxion wrote:
I was under the assumption that the only tag you needed every level for was SYL.

I am under this impression as well
Back to top Go down
Shintre
Admin
Admin
Shintre

Rep! : 24

MLC Q&A - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MLC Q&A   MLC Q&A - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 7:47 am

yup
that's about right
i'll clarify that somewhere
is that all that was needed?
Back to top Go down
Rune
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
Rune

Rep! : 10

MLC Q&A - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MLC Q&A   MLC Q&A - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 7:33 pm

Do arrows have density?
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

MLC Q&A - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MLC Q&A   MLC Q&A - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 8:34 pm

Since the shafts are generally made out of wood, a density of 3 would most probably be assigned to them.
Back to top Go down
Rune
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
Rune

MLC Q&A - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MLC Q&A   MLC Q&A - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 10:17 pm

If that were true then being an archer based character would be rather hard given your carry weight is 1x your strength, you couldn't carry a bow, armor, arrows, and a melee weapon, which to me would be a basic and light loadout for an archer.
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

MLC Q&A - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MLC Q&A   MLC Q&A - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 10:34 pm

Quote :
Weight
If you carry weapons and armor with a density greater than 10 x Strength, then you take a -1 reduction to MOV and DEX. Weight doesn't apply to small items like daggers, hand guns, bows and most ranged weapons unless you have enough daggers that it could make a sword, any object longer than 2 feet, etc.
I think you're good so long as you don't have an excessive amount of arrows.
Back to top Go down
Rek
Veteran
Veteran
Rek

Rep! : 14

MLC Q&A - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MLC Q&A   MLC Q&A - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 6:01 am

Land Campaigns, Promotional Tour. Does the time limit apply to the character that goes out to do the Tour or to the area it is done for?
Back to top Go down
Kazatul
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
Kazatul

MLC Q&A - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MLC Q&A   MLC Q&A - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 3:06 pm

Village Raid is based on the number of RPs, but be reasonable in the sense that there would not be several villages in one subgrid. So at best, you should only be able to do this twice per

Natural Stroll is by area.

Promotional Tour would be per character. So in our case for characters who would be plausible to aid multiple villages, you could help either village, but you would only be able to help one village per 15 day period.
Back to top Go down
Kazatul
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
Kazatul

MLC Q&A - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MLC Q&A   MLC Q&A - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 4:56 pm

What tag (is there a tag) would we use to perform simple elemental manipulation? Like using the wind to blow out lantern or using fire magic to turn a torch into a fire beacon! You know, the stuff that doesn't deal DMG and isn't a shield or anything like that. I wouldn't think that OBC would work b/c ur not actually creating anything.
Back to top Go down
Rek
Veteran
Veteran
Rek

MLC Q&A - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MLC Q&A   MLC Q&A - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 8:41 pm

shouldn't just haven the package let you do simple thing like that? Or maybe SYL tag?
Back to top Go down
Noah
Ascended Mystic
Ascended Mystic
Noah

Rep! : 17

MLC Q&A - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MLC Q&A   MLC Q&A - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 9:00 pm

OBC definitely would be the Tag that you're looking for if you looking for general forms of Manipulations of said Element as it existing would be it having been created. The Manipulation itself won't really affect other players unless combined with certain packages, but if your looking for little things like Blowing out a lantern with wind (Earth (3), Wind (0), Fire (0) Etc...it would not really do anything that would affect other players too much alone *Maybe Earth*, but the ones with 0 would still be created).
Back to top Go down
Kazakura
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
Kazakura

Rep! : 49

MLC Q&A - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MLC Q&A   MLC Q&A - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 2:11 pm

As an updater I need to know....

Can anyone pick up the txp for playing an NPC in another thread? Or is that for NPCCs only?
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

MLC Q&A - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MLC Q&A   MLC Q&A - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 5:41 pm

If you're referring to "Post as an NPC in a thread that doesn't include your character (+1 TEXP to 1 member character per day)" then anyone.
Back to top Go down
Kazakura
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
Kazakura

MLC Q&A - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MLC Q&A   MLC Q&A - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 6:49 pm

Making sure. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Rune
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
Rune

MLC Q&A - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MLC Q&A   MLC Q&A - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 1:59 am

With the medic role the 15% of the HP they restore, is that 15% per unit with the medic role or is it 15% for the group of people with medic role?
Back to top Go down
Ashurei
Elder Member
Elder Member
Ashurei

Rep! : 2

MLC Q&A - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MLC Q&A   MLC Q&A - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 2:03 am

Quest techniques previously gained, do they carry over?
Kyro and I both share the same technique for healing waters from back in the day.

And those stupid nanites.. their battery die yet?
Back to top Go down
Shintre
Admin
Admin
Shintre

MLC Q&A - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MLC Q&A   MLC Q&A - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 11:31 am

@ rune - army HP is based on a formula that translates to # of units. basically you multiply that by 15% and "gain back" some of the units lost.
@ ashu - "[ Member character bio's are reset save for items and earned path rewards like armies, structures and personnel ]" means you lose exp and abilities
http://www.radiantdawn.org
since ur a spirit now, you prolly won't have physical things in ur body so... ur free
Back to top Go down
Ashurei
Elder Member
Elder Member
Ashurei

MLC Q&A - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MLC Q&A   MLC Q&A - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 6:02 pm

thats why I was asking, since it was an earned ability and not a learned, trained ability.
Back to top Go down
Rune
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
Rune

MLC Q&A - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MLC Q&A   MLC Q&A - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 6:24 pm

So no matter how many units I have with the medic role it will always be 15% and not 15% for each unit that is medic role?
Back to top Go down
Shintre
Admin
Admin
Shintre

MLC Q&A - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MLC Q&A   MLC Q&A - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 11:46 am

looking into that, thx
Back to top Go down
Pennywise
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
Pennywise

MLC Q&A - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MLC Q&A   MLC Q&A - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 12:05 pm

Concerning the PPC tag.

Quote :
If PPC trumps PSN, then the PPC user can use PPC to appear to have a weaker magical aura than what is true

Why would Physical Presence Cancellation effect magical presence?
Back to top Go down
Shintre
Admin
Admin
Shintre

MLC Q&A - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MLC Q&A   MLC Q&A - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 12:12 pm

copy paste error, should be fixed now, thx
Back to top Go down
Pennywise
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
Pennywise

MLC Q&A - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MLC Q&A   MLC Q&A - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 12:16 pm

*tips hat*
Back to top Go down
Kazatul
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
Kazatul

MLC Q&A - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MLC Q&A   MLC Q&A - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 3:45 pm

Rune wrote:
So no matter how many units I have with the medic role it will always be 15% and not 15% for each unit that is medic role?
15% per medic unit is quite excessive (that would mean that 1 medic can treat 15 soldiers if you have 100 soldiers) especially since there is no time limit for "After the battle". I note this b/c if say you fought one battle outside the village walls to try and prevent a siege, lose that battle and retreat inside the village walls. If there is an RP change or long enough stopping period, the defender could argue that the first battle is over and thus regain a large portion of their troops. Also, the flat 15% or an alternative "x soldiers per medic" makes more sense b/c you shouldn't be able to recover all of your troops after a lost battle or Pyrrhic victory.

Another thing to keep in mind is that your medic corps is meant to be small, only like 5-10% of your total force. So if you only have 50 total troops, then ur only gonna need 3-5 medics. With the 15% rate as is now, with 50 total (45-47 soldiers, 3-5 medics), those 3-5 medics could heal 7 soldiers after the battle. So that's basically 1.5-2 soldiers per medic, so an alternative to the flat rate based on those numbers could be to input a 3 HP/soldiers restored per medic. I think there should be some limit to how many can be restored tho. If one side gets massacred b/c they only had 30 troops versus 200, then just b/c they have 10 medics (going off a 3 per system), they shouldn't be able to recover 100% of their forces. That's kind of why I'm actually for the 15% (kind of a random % btw :p) rate.

Option 1: Leave as is.
Problem: Potential loophole of multiple small medic units healing the army (this actually brings up a question, does the medic unit heal ALL units in the army or just a particular unit?)
Ex: Shown above With 50 total troops, you will recover 7 soldiers after the battle

Option 2: Restores x soldiers per medic
Problem: Without a cap, it would allow an annihilated (all dead) or decimated (mostly dead) army to be fully revived.
EX: If ur medic unit has 5 medics, then you can recover 5x soldiers up to 50% of the unit/army's losses.
Back to top Go down
Rune
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
Rune

MLC Q&A - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MLC Q&A   MLC Q&A - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 6:41 pm

Q1: With the bonus 1.25 for gathering there related material that Lumberjacks/Miners/Scavengers get, when you go to build a building with the respective material, do you calculate that bonus per unit or for the whole group you are using?

Q2: The bonus from Commerce buildings, like a resource camps RP x1.10 bonus, does that stack with multiple camps of the same time and would the bonus be per work unit or the whole apply to the whole work force?
Back to top Go down
Rek
Veteran
Veteran
Rek

MLC Q&A - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MLC Q&A   MLC Q&A - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 9:50 pm

If spirit and mystic beast troops no longer come with flight then why do we still have this complex troop races system in place?
Back to top Go down
Rune
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
Rune

MLC Q&A - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MLC Q&A   MLC Q&A - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 10:31 pm

There is a flight role, however with the new building systems you can no longer train/make mystic beast or normal beast troops.
Back to top Go down
Rek
Veteran
Veteran
Rek

MLC Q&A - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MLC Q&A   MLC Q&A - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 12:58 am

The flight role is for S units
Back to top Go down
Kazatul
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
Kazatul

MLC Q&A - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MLC Q&A   MLC Q&A - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 3:17 am

Rune
1) Neither really. The way that works is when you post for your lumberjacks gathering Material B, you post that your gains for the day are 125 units of Material B if you have 100 lumberjacks. When you pay the RP for the building, you're technically paying that out of your city resources.

2) It applies to the total gathered for that day. So if you had 100 workers collecting Material B and you have a Resource Camp, they would collect 110 units of Material B. If it's 100 Lumberjacks, then you would do 100 x 1.25 x 1.10 = 137.5 or 138 units of Material B.
* Do note what the page says tho: "٠ RP based bonuses do not compound per building (logic: 1 worker can use 1 RP boosting structure per day)."

Rekoa
The race system isn't complex at all, but in regards to ur "question", b/c if you look at it, there's some things that Mystic Beasts can't do and one thing that Humans can't do. Also, there is nothing in the Non-Specialized section that restricts flight on those units. I don't know why the Flight role was created, but it's there for S types, so that's all that it seems to apply to.

Rune 2
Actually you CAN make natural and mystic beast troops, you simply don't get freebie units like you used to, so be careful how you answer things when you try to help people.
Back to top Go down
Rek
Veteran
Veteran
Rek

MLC Q&A - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MLC Q&A   MLC Q&A - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 3:01 am

So you are saying that the 30 troops I get for a check point can fly if I list them as spirit but the SUnit that commands them can't unless I use a skill slot for it.... That just doesn't sound right to me and pops a WTF in my mind. And as far as those few things one race can't do. They don't really seem to change things to me as they all over lap. If spirit and mystic beasts troops do get flight then I understand the point of it being there, other than someone wanting to go "Oh I want to list the race of all my units" but as you said there isn't anything that restricts flight on them so there isn't anything saying that they get flight on them either.

So the question is if NSUnites get flight or not.... Maybe it needs to be added to the listing?
Back to top Go down
Noah
Ascended Mystic
Ascended Mystic
Noah

MLC Q&A - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MLC Q&A   MLC Q&A - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 3:46 am

No, NS Units do not get flight. NS Mystic Mounts/Beasts don't get Flights. Race bonuses does not apply to NS units as it would to actual characters, so just because you have NS units as spirits doesn't mean they can fly. That Luxury is given to only Characters of certain races, S units via Flight Role, and naked babes that you see when you get hit with an metallic object but isn't killed from it. xD

Anything not on there does not apply to NS, so if you have Mystic beasts like Dragons and you think they should fly, They dont
Back to top Go down
Rek
Veteran
Veteran
Rek

MLC Q&A - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MLC Q&A   MLC Q&A - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 12:48 pm

If NS Units don't get race bonuses then human NS Units can't see spirits and spirit NS Units don't have Physical Impression.... Still saying WTF. I'm not even going to ask how a unite would work if half the troops can't see the other half and the other half well can't touch anything.
Back to top Go down
Pennywise
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
Pennywise

MLC Q&A - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MLC Q&A   MLC Q&A - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 1:21 pm

Rek wrote:
If NS Units don't get race bonuses then human NS Units can't see spirits and spirit NS Units don't have Physical Impression.... Still saying WTF. I'm not even going to ask how a unite would work if half the troops can't see the other half and the other half well can't touch anything.

Amusingly you are actually right on this one.

Although since we're assuming @ the same time that "practically "nothing that applies to PC's applies to these NPCs. Suppose you could just go ahead and think they can all see and kill each other.
Back to top Go down
Noah
Ascended Mystic
Ascended Mystic
Noah

MLC Q&A - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MLC Q&A   MLC Q&A - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 1:34 pm

If the Bonuses don't apply, then I would think the Drawbacks wouldn't apply too because that wouldn't make sense. Now before anyone goes on to say " Hey wait, if it dont apply then can a human fly since it says they can't ? " I go back to what I said in a previous post

"Anything not on there does not apply to NS Units".

NS Units have an page dedicated to them, and whats not on there does not apply to them unless Shin states otherwise. This goes for Stats, Gear as well as abilities. You can put a label/Specific Race on the NS units but all that does is dictate what abilities you're able to assign them on The NS Roles, thats All.

Or as Jack said, what applies to PC does not apply to NPC/NS
Back to top Go down
Kazakura
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
Kazakura

MLC Q&A - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MLC Q&A   MLC Q&A - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 3:37 pm

aѕceпxion wrote:
We have mystic beasts on the army page, but at H2H they flew. I can imagine hordes of dragons attacking a city with the element of flight on their side, but there's no reference to flight on the army page; you may want to look into this.

Shintre wrote:
@ kyro
Fuck.
Um… I think… I’ll look into that. I dun want ppl really flying atm.

Shin has spoken on this, and what is on the page is what he ruled for flight. Now I don't really think he wants whole armies flying. Be glad that our S units can fly again.

Back to top Go down
Kazatul
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
Kazatul

MLC Q&A - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MLC Q&A   MLC Q&A - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 7:01 pm

@Jenn: Good work as this was one of those issues that never caught my attention until now.

@Shin: Nowhere in the army section does it designate what applies from racial norms and what does not. I'm actually inclined to agree that it makes no sense to differentiate between human and spirit types if there are no difference. If all of them are going to be the same except for say human communication/bestial communication, then why make a designation at all, you simply have units and no one really cares whether or spirit. Don't get me wrong, I damn sure don't want to be restricted to only human troops like it once was at H2H, but spirits that don't fly aren't really keeping in line with the rest of site canon. With that said, I've never been in favor of all spirits can fly b/c an "earth spirit" or water spirit wouldn't really fly around, but I understand the blanket rule makes it easier for a site mechanics/mgmt standpoint, so yeah.

Let's not jump the gun on this preventing a "horde of flying dragons", which no one will have a horde of anything for quite a while. Even if you gained only troops for each leader checkpoint, you complete the path (after 75,000 PWC) with 95 dragons and let's be real, they will be the weakest "dragons" ever known in fantasy fiction with those fear-instilling Average Stats. One of my main problems with this blanket response is this...

If I have a unit of birds that act as scouts for me and they're just normal, trained birds. They can't fly, but all the rest of the birds in the world (not counting penguins or DOR penguin equivalents) can... why/how? (if you don't have an answer other than Shin said so, this question obviously isn't intended for you, huh? ^_^)

~~~~~~~

Another means to dispel this "horde of dragons worry" is simply this... "Where in Terra Regnum is someone gonna find 100 spirits in the first place? Sunnveil is rather exclusive and not a large village from how it's described here or back in H2H, so if the character is light based, they honestly should have no means to attract a horde of spirits to begin with as I do not suspect Shin will allow or make it easy to basically take over Sunnveil. When you introduce site canon and how the site has operated, some of these worries can be dispelled by simply noting that a request or concept does not fall in line with site canon. I have yet to see the MLC or Shin (even in his laziness :D) slacking in being able to tell someone that something they wish to do does not fall in line.

Let's say it's a villain/dark/oni character, amassing 100 dark spirits would primarily take place in one of two places... Dark Forest (pretty much run by the Order of Chaos) or The Core (run by the Dark King and prompts a NPCC interaction in basically every thread that pops up there), so in gathering all these flying spirits, said character is gonna attract the attention of two NPCs that are gonna take MAJOR exception to said PC poaching their minions... or simply rising in dark minion power. Good luck holding on to such a force vs. either of them.

I'm just saying that this needs another look to see if simple site canon "enforcement or education" or an easier mechanical method can be put in place. A simple one off the top of my head would be that only 25% of a Terra Regnum army can be made up of spirit troops. That way even at 100 soldiers, you managing to find 25 spirits/hybrids over the course of at least an IC year (3-4 IRL months) seems rather reasonable. That just seems easier to understand & justify IC than trying to explain "Shin said so" in IC terms.
Back to top Go down
Rek
Veteran
Veteran
Rek

MLC Q&A - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MLC Q&A   MLC Q&A - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 8:55 pm

Not sure if I like the limit idea there Kaz b/c what ppl armies are made up of should be mostly storyline bass. And with your idea you just smash my storyline of being a tribe of hybrid offspring. It is a fixable one but still ruins the over all feel of how the people act and live. On the realm page I sure it leads to saying that spirits and hybrids are a lot more common then that seeing that there has been 25 years with the gates open between the three realms and there was a large number of spirits left in terra after the last predawn battle to mix with the human pop. And it adds more math to things with is just annoying.

My fix would just remove race from the troops. Make there race storyline and just open the roles up. This way we don't have to worry about what race troops get what and who can fly and who can't.
Back to top Go down
Kazatul
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
Kazatul

MLC Q&A - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MLC Q&A   MLC Q&A - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 3:54 am

Rek wrote:
Not sure if I like the limit idea there Kaz b/c what ppl armies are made up of should be mostly storyline bass. And with your idea you just smash my storyline of being a tribe of hybrid offspring. It is a fixable one but still ruins the over all feel of how the people act and live. On the realm page I sure it leads to saying that spirits and hybrids are a lot more common then that seeing that there has been 25 years with the gates open between the three realms and there was a large number of spirits left in terra after the last predawn battle to mix with the human pop. And it adds more math to things with is just annoying.

My fix would just remove race from the troops. Make there race storyline and just open the roles up. This way we don't have to worry about what race troops get what and who can fly and who can't.
Removing the race designation does not fix/address the problem with flight that was brought up. All it would do is make it so that the character can fly, but NONE of their troops can fly b/c it would create more issues b/c hybrids can fly yet technically they're human, so a member could argue that all of their troops, whether human (hybrid) or spirit can all fly and that's where Kyro's concern stemmed from. Removal of race designation would be more likely to lead to full removal due to the fact that that would be the easier path. You realize that being against my suggestion is counterproductive to what you seemed to want in the first place, right?

Also, you have to look at this from Shin's perspective of having to calibrate for "what if everyone tries this", just b/c the gates are open and hybrids have been created, are there enough to build several armies of spirit types. And even with it being more common, let's not forget that there is still only 1-2% of the population of H2H in DOR, so it's not a heavily populated world to begin with, hence why there is so much open space and land to be claimed. Keep in mind that you brought up a problem not with your personal storyline, but with a site mechanism/system, therefore solutions need to be based on the whole site. Also, 25 years is basically one generation, so unless everyone started mating with each other within 5 years and produced damn near all warriors, there still shouldn't be enough spirit and hybrid soldiers to need to break the 25% (or even 50%) cap. Just b/c they're mixing, doesn't mean that the offspring will be soldier material. I agree that troop make-up should be based around one's personal storyline, but the site while very flexible does not seem to support an all spirit/hybrid force (as even the Order of Chaos seems to have a lot of humans working for it as well, the clear exception would be the Dark King's forces, but he is a Site NPC).

As for the more math part... 25% makes things quite easy since all basically all modern computers have a calculator and you simply divide by your total number of troops by 4 and that number is your spirit troop cap. Anywho, I'm headed to bed, so I'll let Shin handle this from here. A problem was raised, solutions were offered. My role is done.
Back to top Go down
Ashurei
Elder Member
Elder Member
Ashurei

MLC Q&A - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MLC Q&A   MLC Q&A - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 7:23 am

Easy solution..

Per month, you can designate 1 UXP (unit experience point) into a unit to level that unit up to a max of 5 as long as they are used in a site oriented event.

When the unit reaches a level which would grant them a racial ability, then they can get it. Problem solved.

----
Problem 2. Hybrid offspring? This would actually go down as spirits discovered their true homes. Unlike demons who love to rape and pillage, angels are pretty anal when it comes to diluting their bloodline. Humans are for guiding, not pleasurable entertainment (coughKazcough)
Back to top Go down
Kazatul
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
Kazatul

MLC Q&A - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MLC Q&A   MLC Q&A - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 7:14 pm

Solution to Problem 1: This actually isn't a bad idea tho I would personally limit it to 1 MAYBE 2 racial abilities.

Problem 2: Well, that's not completely accurate. Koutaku-shi Kami would probably be less likely to mix, but keep in mind that Shin set the stage to have some of the Kami who were brought back from the final battle to remain on Terra with no memories, so they would not see the qualm in mating with humans.

As for the second part, humans are both guiding and pleasurable entertainment!
Back to top Go down
Rune
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
Rune

MLC Q&A - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MLC Q&A   MLC Q&A - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 5:46 am

I was wondering with the trade school bonus, what happens if you have multiple trade schools?

Name: Trade School
Type: Building
Specs: Material B
Requirement: 1+ Story, 2000 sq ft, 350 BP
Bonus: x1.25 Bonus to Non-Military Personnel units granted by Life Path Checkpoints.
Back to top Go down
Pennywise
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
Pennywise

MLC Q&A - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MLC Q&A   MLC Q&A - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 10:26 am

Ok kids I've tried to ignore this as much as possible. But honestly all this talk of units and racial abilities.

Thing is, by introducing this kind of thought. You are all overcomplicating it. The idea of the units in battle having racial abilities is quite a bad one. Main example, statistics of Kami vs Oni spirit troops would have to be set as Strong, thus making it so that Oni troops are all stronger than Kami. Yet this isn't represented on the army system. Nor would it be smart to put in that Kami units can learn techniques faster than Oni due to the SP bonus as, no units can learn techs ( Tactics, yes. Techniques no). Human troops would be able to annihilate everyone due to eventually gaining second wind.

If we're going to start doing that then arguably all units even non battle specific ones would need to have individual racial bonuses, attributes etc).

Easy Solution:

Assume that IF they are strong enough to battle (ie, all army units). They at least have a soul level equal to the requirement for learning PI, or Seeing spirits. Anything lower than this would logically not be able to fight.

As for flying units. Shin has already made a decision on this one. He doesn't want flying units yet. End of story. Finally

If you guys want to dicuss this anymore. Move this conversation to the suggestions thread since it looks to be evolving from a question, to a full blown discussion on how to change the army system.
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

MLC Q&A - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MLC Q&A   MLC Q&A - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 12:55 pm

Rune wrote:
I was wondering with the trade school bonus, what happens if you have multiple trade schools?

Name: Trade School
Type: Building
Specs: Material B
Requirement: 1+ Story, 2000 sq ft, 350 BP
Bonus: x1.25 Bonus to Non-Military Personnel units granted by Life Path Checkpoints.

x1.25 raised to the power of # of trade schools. I.e. Units gained = Units gained x 1.25^#
Back to top Go down
Rek
Veteran
Veteran
Rek

MLC Q&A - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MLC Q&A   MLC Q&A - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 7:49 pm

Army System Overview wrote:

ASP is applied to the entire army so you don't have to worry about dividing it between groups or battalions. It can be used to 1) Increase the attributes of n army, 2) allow the Commander to use Tactics in battle, 3) buy gear upgrades.

Commander Training
Armies or groups in an army can be led by a Commander. A Commander is a unit that is able to use Tactics. The Commander's level can be increased in order to learn more advanced tactics in battle. Getting the role of a commander added to a character or personnel unit costs 2,500 EXP. The commander can be a member character, NPC, or Personnel.

Tactics
Tactics are strategic techniques can be used to change the flow of battle. Here Boost values start at x1.0 (or -1.0 for neg). Trainings increase Boost values +0.1/-0.1 to a value of 2.0 (or -2.0). Cool downs are measured in # of Army Post. Available tactics are below:
Name: "Rally"
Effect: Boosts Morale Roll
Cooldown: 5 Name: "Charge"
Effect: Boost ATK for the next turn
Cooldown: 3 Name: "Hold"
Effect: Boost Defense
Cooldown: 3
Name: "Heal"
Effect: Recovers HP in the next turn
Restriction: Interruptible. Units must be inactive or outside of range of battle.
Cooldown: 1 Name: "Haste"
Effect: Boosts SPD for the next turn
Cooldown: 3 Name: "Break Spirit"
Effect: negatively effects opponent's next MOR Roll
Cooldown: 5

hmmm So I get that it cost 2500xp to get the roll of Commander and it talks about the Commander's level being increased to learn more tactics but I can't seem to find where it says how this is done nor do I see the ASP cost to us the tactics that are listed....
Back to top Go down
Noah
Ascended Mystic
Ascended Mystic
Noah

MLC Q&A - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MLC Q&A   MLC Q&A - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 9:05 pm

There was no cost in ASP to use the tactics before. The costs to increase the tactics isn't on the site. It was on the site but got missed out by accident with the changes. This is something I will take to Shin when he gets on unless someone had a copy of the old site stuff on some backup. I apologize that I cannot give you an decent answer atm
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

MLC Q&A - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MLC Q&A   MLC Q&A - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 10:05 pm

Quote :
Daily Commander Training
This is daily RP (wc > 500) where you train your unit's Commander to learn a new Tactic or improve an existing one. You can only increase the level of a Tactic once per week. A Commander can only use one tactic per turn. Commander Tactics will work as special customs allowing for the Commander to have special techniques or strategies that can be deployed in battle in order to shift the tide of a battle.
I'm not sure if this still is the case.
Back to top Go down
Shintre
Admin
Admin
Shintre

MLC Q&A - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MLC Q&A   MLC Q&A - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 8:00 am

oh ya, that...
lemme look into it and let ppl kno when i got it the way it's supposed to be
Back to top Go down