Shintheory Role-Playing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shintheory Role-Playing

Welcome to the HUB of Shintheory Roleplaying!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

MLC Q&A

Go down 
+8
Rek
aѕceпxion
Kazatul
Shintre
Noah
Rune
Kazakura
Pennywise
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Pennywise
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
Pennywise

Rep! : 26

MLC Q&A Empty
PostSubject: MLC Q&A   MLC Q&A EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 11:29 am

As per request of Shin. MLC Q&A update version 2. Brought to you by me. Pennywise bwhahahaha. Ok so this is how it works for new people and such when they inevitably get around to reading this board. Also for those who have forgotten.

MLC Q&A 9-51
Confused Person: Help I have a question!
Penny:First off, ask yourself. Is the answer on the content site and you just haven't read it?
Confused Person: Maybe I-
Penny:* Slaps over the back of the head then quotes section*

Situation 2:
Confused Person: Its not on the content site help!
Penny: Gladly, we're here to answer anything we can to the best of our ability ( so long as we aren't reading to you)
*Situation resolved with answers*
Confused Person: Thank you MLC!

Situation 3: Situation Unresolved
Confused Person: You aren't any help!/I'm not happy with the answer!
Penny: Ah, how unfortunate. We shall notifiy Shin and retrieve a direct and definte answer for you.
Confused Person: Ok!
Shin: ):<
*Situation resolved, Shin unhappy about having to do something)

In short, we're here to take some weight of Shin's back by answering questions so he doesn't have to. We're more experienced members. But this does not mean our answers are absolute( although, I'll note at this stage Kyro is nearly always right). Process of questioning, ensure the answer isn't availible somewhere on the site. Ask on MLC, do not go directly to Shin, he will likely point you back here. If answer/situation is not resolved through the MLC. Then Shin can be contacted. Think thats about it. Anyways. Enjoy.

Oh, last note. Any questions from current members about the updates should be directed at the Shindows Update Thread. Peace and chicken grease.
Back to top Go down
Kazakura
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
Kazakura

Rep! : 49

MLC Q&A Empty
PostSubject: Re: MLC Q&A   MLC Q&A EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 12:50 pm

your first question.

Situation 2:

When transferring over an SL off of H2H, Kazakura, do I still keep my rewards?
1. I.E the Mystic mount (most likely turned in specialized Personnel)
2. Priestess (Which would translate to Leader of Men 3)

Solution: I would think the easiest solution at the lowest possible PWC would be Checkpoint 3, which gives me the Strong Specialized Personnel and the Job title. If that is alright.
Back to top Go down
Pennywise
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
Pennywise

MLC Q&A Empty
PostSubject: Re: MLC Q&A   MLC Q&A EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 12:54 pm

1, Yes, changed as you said.
2, No. Reason for no? 20 years past. Desolated population. Any followers are likely to be dead, any buildings destroyed. PWC will reset to 0 for these reasons.
Back to top Go down
Rune
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
Rune

Rep! : 10

MLC Q&A Empty
PostSubject: Re: MLC Q&A   MLC Q&A EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 5:18 pm

Ok, first I have to ask about the weapon my character Yuki had, it had some tags on it, the Damage Augment and Deformation tags and they have been changed so do I need to get it re approved?

Next, I was wonder about the Organization path, if you take it can you choose another organization other then the ones listed, like someone's village they have made.
Back to top Go down
Pennywise
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
Pennywise

MLC Q&A Empty
PostSubject: Re: MLC Q&A   MLC Q&A EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 5:22 pm

Rune wrote:
Ok, first I have to ask about the weapon my character Yuki had, it had some tags on it, the Damage Augment and Deformation tags and they have been changed so do I need to get it re approved?

Next, I was wonder about the Organization path, if you take it can you choose another organization other then the ones listed, like someone's village they have made.

Ah Rune. Somehow I knew it would be you. But congrats, we're off to a good start. I don't have to quote anything! And it should be useful for others too. Hats off to ya.

1, If the changes apply to your weapon. Then yes.
2, Yes. I'd like to think they're just examples of site organizations. Technically Yuki/Jyn/Kaz are all part of their own seperate organization.
Back to top Go down
Rune
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
Rune

MLC Q&A Empty
PostSubject: Re: MLC Q&A   MLC Q&A EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 5:24 pm

Ah, alrighty. Thank ya for the answers.
Back to top Go down
Rune
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
Rune

MLC Q&A Empty
PostSubject: Re: MLC Q&A   MLC Q&A EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 11:08 pm

When you calculate your soul level, do you include your Barter and Build skill?
Back to top Go down
Noah
Ascended Mystic
Ascended Mystic
Noah

Rep! : 17

MLC Q&A Empty
PostSubject: Re: MLC Q&A   MLC Q&A EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 11:27 pm

Yes
Back to top Go down
Pennywise
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
Pennywise

MLC Q&A Empty
PostSubject: Re: MLC Q&A   MLC Q&A EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 1:28 am

Noah wrote:
Yes

I like this childs one word answers. There is hope for him yet.
Back to top Go down
Shintre
Admin
Admin
Shintre

Rep! : 24

MLC Q&A Empty
PostSubject: Re: MLC Q&A   MLC Q&A EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 10:35 am

sl calculator has been fixed
Back to top Go down
Rune
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
Rune

MLC Q&A Empty
PostSubject: Re: MLC Q&A   MLC Q&A EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 3:37 am

I was going over some of the tags and I came across the BND and BND- and was wondering on both of them it says "Restricted Packages: Boxing, Ranged, Mechanical Ranged, Bladed, Blunt, Pole, Heavy, Unique, Movement, Sensing, Defensive" what strikes me as odd is on BND- it says the same thing though I would think that BND- would allow at least Defensive, unless I'm looking at it wrong, which I could be, please correct me if I am.
Back to top Go down
Noah
Ascended Mystic
Ascended Mystic
Noah

MLC Q&A Empty
PostSubject: Re: MLC Q&A   MLC Q&A EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 12:43 pm

Question. Along with taking a Members area and killing their char, do I get their NS Units too ?
Back to top Go down
Shintre
Admin
Admin
Shintre

MLC Q&A Empty
PostSubject: Re: MLC Q&A   MLC Q&A EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 1:45 pm

@ rune - good point, i'll put that on my list of things to look into when i get back on the server. def prolly should have it

@ noah - if you mean

Campaign: Village Raid
This allows a member character to raid a minor (non listed) NPC village with a population of up to x1.5 the size of your army forces. If the raid is successful, then you can take the women and children and absorb some of that village into your own.
Requires: NPC Coordinator
Effects: + Population = 1/2 the raided Villages Population

then it specifically says that a NPC village is raided
if not c/p the thing ur talking about
Back to top Go down
Noah
Ascended Mystic
Ascended Mystic
Noah

MLC Q&A Empty
PostSubject: Re: MLC Q&A   MLC Q&A EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 1:56 pm

I mean Existing Members Villages. If that Only applies to non-listed NPC villages and not members, then what is gained through Someone that Invades an PC Member village ?
Back to top Go down
Shintre
Admin
Admin
Shintre

MLC Q&A Empty
PostSubject: Re: MLC Q&A   MLC Q&A EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 3:09 pm

that's storyline stuff
i dun put an occ reward on that
just like you dun get something for winning a fight, etc
think the army system might say something about winning an army battle tho?
Back to top Go down
Rune
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
Rune

MLC Q&A Empty
PostSubject: Re: MLC Q&A   MLC Q&A EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 4:09 pm

If we want to upgrade techs, do we have to get the upgraded version approved like before?
Back to top Go down
Kazakura
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
Kazakura

MLC Q&A Empty
PostSubject: Re: MLC Q&A   MLC Q&A EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 4:28 pm

Does your Possessed Strength Stats stack with other transformations, since you have to have trans merger on normal transformations to make them stack and use at the same time?
Back to top Go down
Pennywise
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
Pennywise

MLC Q&A Empty
PostSubject: Re: MLC Q&A   MLC Q&A EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 4:35 pm

Short version. Yes

Long Version: I see the Possessed strength thing as more of a racial ability than anything else. You don't need to pay for it.And technically it doesn't have to be a transformation.
Back to top Go down
Kazakura
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
Kazakura

MLC Q&A Empty
PostSubject: Re: MLC Q&A   MLC Q&A EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 4:46 pm

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Noah
Ascended Mystic
Ascended Mystic
Noah

MLC Q&A Empty
PostSubject: Re: MLC Q&A   MLC Q&A EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 9:03 am

is it safe to assume that hp+ no longer brings someone back from the dead?
Back to top Go down
Shintre
Admin
Admin
Shintre

MLC Q&A Empty
PostSubject: Re: MLC Q&A   MLC Q&A EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 10:16 am

Health: hit points. When HP gets down to 0 HP, your character passes out. When it gets to -25 HP, your character goes into a coma and at -50 HP, it is dead. HP fills naturally 2 HP per non-active post (unless dead). Your character regains consciousness when HP gets above 10.
http://h2h.netne.net/2_breakdown.html

so if you die (> -50 hp) and get healed (+10 HP) then i can see coming back if its done in that rp... prolly
Back to top Go down
Pennywise
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
Pennywise

MLC Q&A Empty
PostSubject: Re: MLC Q&A   MLC Q&A EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 11:56 am

Prior to the update Shin, this was only doable by HP+. Are you saying now its doable by any means of healing bar stroll?
Back to top Go down
Kazatul
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
Kazatul

Rep! : 19

MLC Q&A Empty
PostSubject: Re: MLC Q&A   MLC Q&A EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 7:17 pm

Penny, what other form would you be thinking of? I dun recall seeing potions or anything added, and if you're dead, u can't really revive yourself. So HP+ would still be the only means of revival/rezz.
Back to top Go down
Pennywise
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
Pennywise

MLC Q&A Empty
PostSubject: Re: MLC Q&A   MLC Q&A EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 12:15 pm

Kazatul wrote:
Penny, what other form would you be thinking of? I dun recall seeing potions or anything added, and if you're dead, u can't really revive yourself. So HP+ would still be the only means of revival/rezz.

Delayed effect HP restoration, or conditional on hit HP restoration. Whilst HP restoration only targets self. Under those effects arguably you could revive yourself as things stand. Latter one might be a bit iffy tho due to the need to channel. But delayed effect would still work as channeling would have been done prior to the technique actually working. Just in case your wondering by HP restoration I don't mean HP+. Just the HP tag.
Back to top Go down
Noah
Ascended Mystic
Ascended Mystic
Noah

MLC Q&A Empty
PostSubject: Re: MLC Q&A   MLC Q&A EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 4:22 pm

Quick questions

1) Do Upgrading a Technique work in the same way that it used to with the new system?
- 500 Exp to upgrade all or some of the effects

or

- Upgrade the Tag, which which all techniques possessing said tags are automatically upgraded

2) For Roles regarding NS Units, I feel like we don't apply them to each NS unit because that would be much, so do we apply them to every certain number of units or every army, all units within a certain area or what ?

3) Militia are special semi civilian troops that are able to guard the area they live in during times of attack. They're basically people who will fight to protect their land. They're not meant for military campaigns like normal troops are. Because they lack the experience of full soldiers, 1 Militia unit only account for 1/3 of a normal troop unit and only has 1 role.

- 1 Role as of from the site mechanics, or 1 role as in to only defend their home ? lol

4) Mounted Units, how does it apply to the army system ? The site states " Mounted units bypass this cap as they are not hindered by # of units " but I still don't get it.
- Example I have 60 Military Units with 35 Mounted, so how would that apply statistically to the Army ?
Back to top Go down
Shintre
Admin
Admin
Shintre

MLC Q&A Empty
PostSubject: Re: MLC Q&A   MLC Q&A EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 8:02 am

@ penny - it's okay to come back if your able to get your hp back up to +10 HP
@ noah - 1) good question. now that tags cost more it'd be pretty dumb to upgrade for 500 when the tag you need costs like 2000.
lemme look @ the upgrade system again and get back w/you.
if you got any ideas you or anyone else can pm them to me.
2) ya, like i said on the other board, i'm thinking of lumping them together in like groups of 10 or something. that's somethin i gotta work on too
3) 1 role from the site mechanics
4) if you have 60 military units with 35 mounted then when you calculate their speed, you calculate for w/e 60-35 is instead of the full 60. so speed is ASP - 25 instead of ASP - 60.
i think
Back to top Go down
Noah
Ascended Mystic
Ascended Mystic
Noah

MLC Q&A Empty
PostSubject: Re: MLC Q&A   MLC Q&A EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 9:30 am

For the Upgrading, I have 3 ways you could possibly do it, 1 of which I did it by.

1)The Old System Upgrading Method
500 » Upgrading [Sacred Testament: SYL1] to [Sacred Testament: SYL2 *1125/5626*]
500 » Upgrading [Sacred Testament: SYL2] to [Sacred Testament: SYL3 *1125/7500*]
----
500 » Upgrading [Revive: HP+1|MDE1|REG1] to [Revive: HP+2|MDE2|REG1]
500 » Upgrading [Revive: HP+2|MDE2|REG1] to [Revive: HP+2|MDE3|REG1]
----
Pros:
» Simple: 500 to be able to upgrade all or some effects to the next level
» Similar Pricing: You will spend only a little less here than buying the tags. Buying the Tag for Stg3 is 1500, but upgrading like this would basically be the same (500(Initial cost of getting the tag)+500(Stg2)+500(Stg3)
Cons:
» Upgrading: It's an Upgrade, so you wouldn't be able to apply it to all techs, since you didn't buy the tag...you just upgraded an existing one on an specific Tech.

2)The Omni Tag Method
1500 » Buying [SYL2 Support] Tag
----
1500 » Buying [MDE3 Support] Tag
* All Techs within the support package have their MDE tags updated to Stage 3*
Example:
» [Revive: HP+1|MDE1|REG1] Updated to [Revive: HP+1|MDE3|REG1]
» [Refresh: STA+1|MDE1] Updated to [Overdrive: STA+1|MDE3]
» [Overdrive: BST+1|MLT1|MDE1] Updated to [Overdrive: BST+1|MLT1|MDE3]
----
Pros:
»
Cons:
» Abusive: A person could have a bunch of techs with similar tags and, buy a single tag and basically have all of them upgraded with the cost of 1 since they would have the tag.

3)The Dead Wallet Method (Also known as the Joint Method)
1500 » Buying [MDE3 Support] Tag

Basically cost a lot more to upgrade, 2500 ( Almost double to have a effect in a tag upgraded to stg3 ) You'll basically have to change:
- The only limit to the number of stages you upgrade a technique is SP. You have to have the SP to upgrade
to
- The only limit on the stages you upgrade a technique is SP and Tags. You have to have the SP and the Tags you to upgrade

Back to top Go down
Kazatul
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
Kazatul

MLC Q&A Empty
PostSubject: Re: MLC Q&A   MLC Q&A EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 2:50 pm

Tag Upgrading
Setup 1: Your con makes this idea DOA tbh. If you can't upgrade the tag for everything, it's MUCH cheaper to just buy a new tag.

Suggestion: If you really wanna keep it super simple, just make the old 500 EXP the actual discount instead, so if you already have the ABS tag at Stage 1 and you can upgrade from:
Stage 1 to Stage 2 for 500
Stage 2 to Stage 3 for 1000
and so forth.

Logic/Justification is that if you're skilled at using the stage, it should be easier for you to progress the ability to the next level, thus the flat discount.

Army Roles
Why not just do it by unit and let the member specify the unit size? If someone has no life and wants to set different roles for 150 one man units, I don't see a reason to stop them. It saves you a lot of work and if "newer leaders" want to operate with smaller units (say 4 man teams) b/c they only have 20 troops and want them to perform 5 functions (phys offense, phys defense, mag offense or defense, scouts, healers) then they could set those functions.

Just my two cents on the matter.
Back to top Go down
Rune
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
Rune

MLC Q&A Empty
PostSubject: Re: MLC Q&A   MLC Q&A EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 5:31 pm

I was looking at the chanting and channeling system and it says "A chant requires 1 count per stage per effect." and I was looking at some spells people made and they only have 1 word chants for the spells but even with a stg 1 effect wouldn't you still need a 2 syllable chant, 1 word for the stage and 1 for the effect? Could I get some clarification on this please.
Back to top Go down
Kazatul
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
Kazatul

MLC Q&A Empty
PostSubject: Re: MLC Q&A   MLC Q&A EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 6:18 pm

No, it's 1 count b/c it's only one stage in the tech.
Back to top Go down
Kazakura
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
Kazakura

MLC Q&A Empty
PostSubject: Re: MLC Q&A   MLC Q&A EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 6:37 pm

Chant counts depends on the stages of the technique's effects.
٠ A chant requires 1 count per stage per effect.

٠ So a spell with BND2 and DMG2 would have 6 counts (2 effects + 2 stages effect A + 2 stages effect B).

So according to this example, a DMG1 tech would be
1 effect + 1 stage effect A = 2

So I can see how it can be confusing.
Back to top Go down
Noah
Ascended Mystic
Ascended Mystic
Noah

MLC Q&A Empty
PostSubject: Re: MLC Q&A   MLC Q&A EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 8:52 pm

Do NPCC's need other NPCC's to handle things for them regarding things that require NPCC's like Blacksmith Stuff ?
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

Rep! : 56

MLC Q&A Empty
PostSubject: Re: MLC Q&A   MLC Q&A EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 9:11 pm

Noah wrote:
Do NPCC's need other NPCC's to handle things for them regarding things that require NPCC's like Blacksmith Stuff ?
Yes; mostly a check and balance to remove the notion of remotely resembling an abuse of power or 'unfair' perk due to position.

For the upgrading, I believe that changing the 500 EXP to 50% of the tag costs which are being upgraded, would work.

As for the army system, now that Kaz put it like that, I could see where I could simply decide how I want sense brought to my army by myself.

With the chants, I believe Kazakura is correct.
Back to top Go down
Kazakura
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
Kazakura

MLC Q&A Empty
PostSubject: Re: MLC Q&A   MLC Q&A EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 9:16 pm

*passes out*
Back to top Go down
Rek
Veteran
Veteran
Rek

Rep! : 14

MLC Q&A Empty
PostSubject: Re: MLC Q&A   MLC Q&A EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 12:41 am

Rek's Thoughts:

Upgrading a Technique:
It cost 500 xp to up upgrade a Technique to use higher stage tags.
You will still have to have the needed Package tags to upgrade the technique to the new tags.

ie.

I buy melee package -500 xp
I buy SLY1 tag for melee -500 xp
Make tech using SLY1 tag.
Traded tech to mastered
I buy SLY2 tag for melee -1000 xp
Upgrade SLY1 tech to SLY2 tech -500 xp

To me it sounds like you guys are trying to link upgrading a tech and buy a new stg tag. They are not the same and I don't think they should be.

Army units:
What Kaz said. This is how I have my troops set up and I thought it was rather clear that was the way it was to be done.

ie.

NS Unit: 10
- ASP: 4

STAT
HP: 120 | 60
ATK: 120 | 60
DEF: 120 | 60
SPD: 120 | 60
MOR: 120 | 60

Roles:
- Scouting, Weapon Melee, Armored [5]
- Scouting, Weapon Projectile LR, Armored [3]
- Medic Magic, Magic Projectile SLR, Magic Shielding [2]

ARMS
-
Back to top Go down
Shintre
Admin
Admin
Shintre

MLC Q&A Empty
PostSubject: Re: MLC Q&A   MLC Q&A EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 10:47 am

jen’s right
rek’s right
looks like all is good

lemme know if I missed something
good use of this board
Back to top Go down
Kazakura
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
Kazakura

MLC Q&A Empty
PostSubject: Re: MLC Q&A   MLC Q&A EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 12:19 pm

*wakes up, reads the board, and passes out again.*
Back to top Go down
Pennywise
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
Pennywise

MLC Q&A Empty
PostSubject: Re: MLC Q&A   MLC Q&A EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 12:21 pm

Kazakura wrote:
*wakes up, reads the board, and passes out again.*

Who cluttered my thread. )=<
Back to top Go down
Noah
Ascended Mystic
Ascended Mystic
Noah

MLC Q&A Empty
PostSubject: Re: MLC Q&A   MLC Q&A EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 9:33 pm

When Buying the Tags
Do buy the other stages of the tag @full price if we have stage 1 ? There is a 500 difference between every stage and buying every stage @full price will be wasting a shit ton of Exp on a single effect.
Back to top Go down
Kazatul
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
Kazatul

MLC Q&A Empty
PostSubject: Re: MLC Q&A   MLC Q&A EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 10:09 pm

It is my understanding that there is no "skipping stages" so effectively, yes, you have to Stage 1 DMG on a tech before you can make a Stage 2 DMG tech.

So basically, you'd go like this:

1) Make Fireball (DMG 1)
2) Get enough SP to bump SYL to Stage 2
3) You want to do an AOE fire attack that deals more damage so you now you make:
Quick Roast (DMG 2 + AOE 1)
* Fireball is your 1st ability and Quick Roast is your 2nd, so even tho you have Stage 2 SYL, ur AOE would start at Stage 1 b/c it's ur first use of the tag.

Basically the mindset is that no one is starting off able to "blow the field" or attack 4-5 targets when previously they could only attack a single target. Shin is basically making it to where we will progress step by step instead of going for so-so to beast mode within a month now.
Back to top Go down
Kazatul
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
Kazatul

MLC Q&A Empty
PostSubject: Re: MLC Q&A   MLC Q&A EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 10:16 pm

Now my turn to ask something...

On the Advanced Building page, there are Specs for which Material to be used. Now if something is spec'd for Material A or B, but you want it to be stronger (B or C), is that possible?
Back to top Go down
Noah
Ascended Mystic
Ascended Mystic
Noah

MLC Q&A Empty
PostSubject: Re: MLC Q&A   MLC Q&A EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 11:22 pm

Oh The challenge of the new system is ever so sweet!
Kind of Indirectly answered my question, but still answered it nontheless lol Thanks :3

As for your question
Yes it's possible. Those on that page are default specs or what the buildings would normally be made out of if you don't customize and submit your own.
Back to top Go down
Kazatul
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
Kazatul

MLC Q&A Empty
PostSubject: Re: MLC Q&A   MLC Q&A EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 11:41 pm

Oh yeah, oops. The answer would be yes, full price, lol.

And that's what I thought, thanks!
Back to top Go down
Noah
Ascended Mystic
Ascended Mystic
Noah

MLC Q&A Empty
PostSubject: Re: MLC Q&A   MLC Q&A EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 12:06 am

Just to be sure because this is my third time going back lol

1,000 » Buying SYL2 Tag "Support Package"
1,500 » Buying SYL3 Tag "Support Package"
500 » Upgrading [Sacred Testament: SYL1] to [Sacred Testament: SYL2 *1125/5626*]
500 » Upgrading [Sacred Testament: SYL2] to [Sacred Testament: SYL3 *1125/7500*]
1,125 » Training "Sacred Testament" to Honed
1,000 » Buying MDE2 Tag "Support Package"
1,500 » Buying MDE3 Tag "Support Package"
1,000 » Buying HP+2 Tag "Support Package"
3,657 » Training "Revive" to Honed
12,782 Used » 3,746 Remaining
500 » Buying CND1 Tag "Support Package"
1,000 » Buying CND2 Tag "Support Package"
1,500 » Buying CND3 Tag "Support Package"

so this would be it ?
Back to top Go down
Rek
Veteran
Veteran
Rek

MLC Q&A Empty
PostSubject: Re: MLC Q&A   MLC Q&A EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 12:20 am

You could skip upgrading the tech from SYL1 to SYL2 and just up grade the SYL1 to SYL3 as long as you have all the tags I would think.
Back to top Go down
Kazatul
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
Kazatul

MLC Q&A Empty
PostSubject: Re: MLC Q&A   MLC Q&A EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 2:38 am

@Noah: Yes.

@Rek: As I stated above, you can no longer skip stages. Unless he has another ability that has the tag at his "current max stage" then he will have to upgrade stage by stage like he did in his example.

@All: Shin saw the previous system where just b/c we dumped SP into our primary/affinity package and then were able to instantly unlock Stage 4 abilities in new packages as flawed. Tbh, it was. Just b/c you are amazing and have built your way with say Light magic to 500 mSP doesn't mean that you start off masterfully at Stage 4 Sound magic. You have the POTENTIAL for it, but not the skill, so the thought process is that you start from scratch. Now let's be serious, if you've got 500 mSP, it's pretty much known that you're gonna start ur SYL at Stage 4, but you will pay the EXP for each stage b/c you're essentially just a fast learner at that point. (Meaning you just pay 500 for pkg, 500 for Stg 1, 1000 for Stg 2, 1500 for Stg 3, and 2000 for Stg 4... so if you wanna jump straight to SYL 4, you'll pay 4500 EXP straight out the gate to get that tech.)
Back to top Go down
Noah
Ascended Mystic
Ascended Mystic
Noah

MLC Q&A Empty
PostSubject: Re: MLC Q&A   MLC Q&A EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 2:48 am

Back to top Go down
Rek
Veteran
Veteran
Rek

MLC Q&A Empty
PostSubject: Re: MLC Q&A   MLC Q&A EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 3:35 am

Quote :
Upgrading a Technique
You can upgrade the STAGE of a pre made technique for 500 EXP. You must have the SP required for the upgraded technique in order to upgrade to it. If you are upgrading a technique, you are basically DESTROYING your current technique and rebuilding it into a new technique. But when you upgrade you transfer all of your current Training EXP into the new tech that you’re making.

- Upgrading does not add new effects to a technique, it only makes a tech stronger (i.e. increases stage of existing effects).
- You can choose what effects you increase when upgrading a tech. You DON’T have to upgrade all its effects at once.
- The only limit to the number of stages you upgrade a technique is SP. You have to have the SP to upgrade

What you say is True yet not true. You do have to have the Tags that the upgraded tech needs (I think I have already said this), but as you can see it does not say anywhere that while upgrading a tech you can only upgrade one stage at a time. So if I learn [Sacred Testament: SYL1] and later down the road I think 'Hey I have the 250 SP I'll go ahead and get some 3 techs b/c stage 2 is -- and doesn't do anything. but I only have a SYL1 still" So I buy stage 2 and stage 3 SYL tags. Upgrade [Sacred Testament: SYL1] to [Sacred Testament: SYL3]. So now I can use techs that use that SYL from stage 1-3. Yes even 2. I still payed for the tags, Don't have the cluster fuck Noah has, and only had to do the math once. Oh and I saved 500 xp.
Back to top Go down
Kazatul
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
Kazatul

MLC Q&A Empty
PostSubject: Re: MLC Q&A   MLC Q&A EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 3:07 pm

And nowhere in that bold line does it say that you can skip stages. There is no limit. If you have 250 SP, then you in fact can upgrade but to Stage 3, but you have to upgrade to Stage 2 first. That is my understanding when I asked Shin about Noah's question in the first place. So unless the Boss hops on and says that you can skip from 1 to 3 or 1 to 5, then you have to pay the toll for each jump.
Back to top Go down
Rek
Veteran
Veteran
Rek

MLC Q&A Empty
PostSubject: Re: MLC Q&A   MLC Q&A EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 4:27 pm

Saying "shin told me so" doe not make it so. I still disagree with you and infact think you are going to cose the very thing you say you are try to stop. If I have to go through the trouble of doing an upgrade for every stage in a tech then I am either going to save my xp till I can buy the tech at the stage I want it or just make a new tech at a higher stage skiping the upgrradiing altogher.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

MLC Q&A Empty
PostSubject: Re: MLC Q&A   MLC Q&A Empty

Back to top Go down

MLC Q&A
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Shintheory Role-Playing :: DOR :: General-
Jump to: